Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

(Up for Adoption) Caelan the Chimchar

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Caecae97

Poké : 0

(Up for Adoption) Caelan the Chimchar Empty
PostSubject: (Up for Adoption) Caelan the Chimchar   (Up for Adoption) Caelan the Chimchar EmptyFri Aug 17, 2018 11:10 pm

» Name: Caelan
» Sex: Male
» Species: #390 Chimchar, the Chimp Pokemon
» Affiliation: Aspiring Guild Member

» Level: 5
» Energy: 19
» Ability: Iron Fist
» Moves:
Scratch (Level 1)
Leer (Level 1)
Thunder Punch (Breeding)
-

» Natural Feats:
- Mountain Climbing: Chimchar are able to scale sheer cliffs and climb craggy mountains.
- Gaseous flame: Chimchar's fiery rear end is fueled by gas made in its belly. Even rain can’t extinguish the fire.
- Iron Fist: Chimchar's punch based moves have their power increased by 20%

» Relatives:
Mother-Infernape: Open
Father-Medicham: Open
5 Older Sisters: Open
5 Younger Sisters: Open

» Personality:
Caelan is an outgoing Pokemon who enjoys playing with others. While he doesn't like fighting, he's capable of holding his own in a fight, but always tries to use violence as a last resort. He only gets angry on rare occasions, such as someone hurting his friends or when somebody asks him about how he got his scar. His scar brings up bad memories of his past, so he hates talking about it. Caelan is loyal to his friends, and will always fight if it means protecting the ones he cares about.

» Likes:
Caelan's favorite food is bananas
Caelan enjoys playing with other Pokemon, as he is a very social Pokemon
Exploring mountains and caves is something that Caelan would often do with his older sisters when he was growing up, and it reminds him of the good times he had with them.

» Dislikes:
Caelan dislikes violence, believing that things can be settled without having to hurt anyone
Caelan dislikes talking about his scar, since it makes him feel weak that he was so severely injured by a Pokemon with a type disadvantage
As a fire type, Caelan hates water, even though his flame doesn't go out
Caelan has an underlying fear of Weavile because of how he got his scar

» History:
Caelan was born the middle child with ten siblings, five older sisters, and five younger sisters. Of course, having 10 sisters is not easy for a single boy. His sisters were protective of them, and they were devastated when he got his scar. He got his scar from an angry Weavile who thought he was stealing food from him while he was out foraging. Because of this, Caelan gained a fear of Weavile When he grew old enough to leave home, he did, and has been on the road since, and is hoping to join a guild

» Other:
He has three slash marked scars over his right eye

Last edited by Caecae97 on Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:28 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Poké : 9495

PostSubject: Re: (Up for Adoption) Caelan the Chimchar   (Up for Adoption) Caelan the Chimchar EmptyTue Aug 21, 2018 11:13 pm

Sorry, your Character Bio cannot be approved due to the following reasons:

1.) SPECIES

Add the Pokédex number and classification of your species.

2.) MOVES

You still have to list the levels the moves were learned at, even if it's level 1.

3.) PERSONALITY

This is a very bland personality, and the extremely basic likes, dislikes and history don't help. While this alone isn't something I'd deny the application for, I'd suggest for your own sake that you try to give your character at least a little more depth. You'd be thankful later down the line.

4.) HARD-BOILED

Aside from how ridiculous it is to cut yourself so badly on an egg shell that you have a lasting scar, the idea of the scar being an X makes no sense. It seems like you just want to make your character look edgy. If you want him to have a scar with an embarrassing backstory, why not try to think up something a little more interesting? It could help with the aforementioned issue of the character lacking depth. You don't have to change that part, but either way, you'll need to think of a more reasonable design for the scar than a random X.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to message any of the Character Moderators. May it be through the Chatbox or through Private Messaging, we will tend to your concerns as soon as we can. Please fix your bio accordingly so that we may be able to approve it. Once you have completed your edits, either bump this thread or message us.
Back to top Go down
Caecae97

PostSubject: Re: (Up for Adoption) Caelan the Chimchar   (Up for Adoption) Caelan the Chimchar EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 8:52 am

Thank you for the tips, I changed the way he got his scar, instead of getting it when he hatched, I gave it a bit more depth, he was scarred by a Weavile, and because of it, he has a fear of them. I'm not 100% sure how to add more depth to his personality, so suggestions would be helpful, and I also edited what levels the moves were learned at and the Dex number and classification
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: (Up for Adoption) Caelan the Chimchar   (Up for Adoption) Caelan the Chimchar EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 8:25 am

Since there are no longer any major problems with this application, I'll be giving a less formal review this time, mostly to answer you on the topic of adding depth.

But first, with the moves, I should have clarified that the egg move should be labeled as learned through breeding/egg; you don't list a level for that one.

Now, if you're actually interested in elaborating on your character and giving him some more depth, I'd suggest trying to think of some more likes and dislikes then adjusting the personality to match. Most of your current likes and dislikes are pretty basic things, so try to think of something that's neat to you and also fits the character. For instance, you have a fear of weavile now, but a more common fear such as one of heights or water would be interesting since it would come up a lot more often in practice. A dislike of strategic thinking or something of the sort would fit such an energetic character and could cause interesting problems for him, while a desire to help others could provide motivation for certain actions.

As for my suggestions, well... It's up to you what you think you would enjoy having as traits on your character, of course, but I personally think doing something with the aversion to violence would be interesting. For instance, you could say that if he thinks violence isn't absolutely 100% necessary in a situation, he'll go so far as to protect the "bad guy" to stop it, such as if a criminal is trying to flee and someone else is trying to stop them through force. Like I said, that's just something I personally think would be interesting. You're free to use it if you want, or not.
Back to top Go down
Caecae97

PostSubject: Re: (Up for Adoption) Caelan the Chimchar   (Up for Adoption) Caelan the Chimchar EmptyWed Aug 29, 2018 6:17 pm

Well, I'm not too interested in giving him much more depth, but your ideas are still good, and I might use them
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: (Up for Adoption) Caelan the Chimchar   (Up for Adoption) Caelan the Chimchar EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 10:22 pm

Character has been approved!

(Up for Adoption) Caelan the Chimchar JWLRnTe

Please head over HERE to create your Character Records.  Once you've completed that, go have fun and roleplay!
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

PostSubject: Re: (Up for Adoption) Caelan the Chimchar   (Up for Adoption) Caelan the Chimchar EmptyThu Oct 17, 2019 10:18 pm

Character Put Up For Adoption

PostSubject: Re: (Up for Adoption) Caelan the Chimchar   (Up for Adoption) Caelan the Chimchar Empty

Back to top Go down

(Up for Adoption) Caelan the Chimchar
Page 1 of 1