Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

2018 Moderator Applications are now open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Share | 

Blessing in Disguise

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
the sunset hero

Poké : 3885

PostSubject: Blessing in Disguise   Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

As it had for weeks on end now, the endlessly cloudy sky seemed determined to mask the position of the sun. If not for the dreary darkening of the evening and the numerous shop vendors in the streets and their increasingly harried and exhausted expressions - a few of them even deciding to close up early and begin disassembling their stalls - it would be next to impossible to tell the time of day. Still, there was an active energy in the air, with several late bloomers emerging from the woodworks to visit various stalls and a few long-lasting vendors haggling well into the night, determined to make the most of the evening. A few straggler baby Pokemon were being hauled back home by their larger, sterner parents, fussing absentmindedly as their bedtime approached. The streets themselves were not quite barren, but the time of day was clearly apparent judging by the number of citizens wandering at this time of night. There was a sort of innocence to the picture, seemingly picturesque in its chasteness compared to the rest of the world. It was a typical evening in Grassveil, and the city was better for it.

There was one Pokemon in particular who disagreed. Slithering grimly along the town streets was one particular dratini who was a bit fed up with the monotonous nightlife of his hometown. It wasn't as if there was nothing to do in Grassveil, but Osiris was quite tired of doing the same thing over and over. He was bigger than this small town, he was destined for greater things, and he was sick of spending so much time under the blanket of protection that the city provided. Osiris was desperate to spread his metaphorical wings and blast off from this town in an explosion of draconic, magnificent glory. Spending his mornings and afternoons cooped up in the schoolhouse and his evenings training in the surrounding forest dungeons was dreadfully boring, and it was wearing on him. He'd come to the resolution before to be mature about it, to be more patient and spend his time wisely, but saying that was a lot easier than doing it. The dratini was bored and frustrated, and he needed something desperately to distract him from his (childish) dilemma. Which was why he had skipped out on training that night, deciding instead to wander the streets in search of something more interesting or fun-looking. Maybe someone.

There wasn't much to differentiate him from his species aside from the somewhat-oversized headband adorning his brow and the small satchel he dragged around behind him, or his visibly childish and sour attitude. He made no attempt to hide himself, slithering down the center of the street glancing around desperately for something to occupy himself with. He'd been on pretty good behavior recently; Surely he deserved a night off? It was approaching dinner time for him, and surely his mother was waiting at home with something to eat, but he would much prefer to be distracted.

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Blessing in Disguise   Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:43 pm

To his naked delight, Mr. Zircon had no qualms about following. He didn't even say a word, just ambled on mellowly after the dratini as he checked for any of their pursuers. Fortunately, all the was left at this time of the night were the night owls of town, those more comfortable or just biologically inclined to carry out their business in the dead of night. Osiris led the way with a sway to his slither, excited about making a friend at the end of all this. That was what he had intended to find today, too, so in a weird sort of way, everyone had got what they wanted. The chronic amnesiac got away from the lunatic nurse and Osiris got an opportunity to make friends with someone who was liable to forget all about him a few moments later. But he stubbornly believed that if he tried hard enough, maybe he could be the exception to Mr. Zircon's amnesia. If he were the one thing that the fire type could remember, if he were the one constant in his life... man! They could go on all kinds of adventures together, and he could get to see a charmeleon in action, to say nothing of all the things he could learn just by watching him!

"Well, maybe a little bit. We're not that far out of town, just a few minutes maybe, and I think most of them know better than to get too close." Now that they were on the street proper, Osiris had no qualms about putting a little speed on. Slithering at a rate that would probably roughly equate to a brisk walk for the charmeleon at his side, he found that he, too, was quite eager to get home. He wasn't cold or tired - too excited to be tired, and he kind of had a big ol' tail-flame at his side at the moment - but he was definitely hungry. He eyed the much larger lizard to his side, absently hoping that his mom wouldn't raise a fuss over a guest.  He'd brought home friends before, and she almost always took in stride, but this was one hell of a guest. She knew better than anyone his fascination for dragon-types and psuedo dragons like charizard, so maybe she'd understand; On the other hand, maybe she'd take one look at this guy's many, many battle scars, strange markings, and apparent chronic amnesia and put her foot down. Only one real way to find out... "Plus, we're not helpless or nothin'. I can paralyze stuff, and mom knows a few tricks for dealing with them - though she never lets me watch. Pfft."

He had faith that his mom would at least let Mr. Zircon stay for dinner, but it was anyone's guess as to whether or not she'd let him stay afterward. Maybe if he put him up out back or something, he'd get lucky and get to watch the charmeleon chase off one or two wild Pokemon.

Back to top Go down
Lazarus Rex

Poké : 1938

PostSubject: Re: Blessing in Disguise   Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:45 am

He moved along just behind the dratini. He found that he could easily keep up with the dragon type, surpass even if he wanted to, but he left the lead to them. He focused his attention on the back of the dratini as he listened to the kid speak. Garnet could no longer remember their name again, but he did not bother to ask again. He could not even recall that he was sent down a hill inside of a barrel. His mind trailed off as he tried to figure out why he was with this dratini in the first place. Was it a friend? It was acting friendly towards him. He felt as if he had not seen this reptile before, yet it spoke so casually with him.

The lizard said nothing about his internal struggle as he decided to would be best to just move along and go with the flow. The back of his mind told him that it was a bad idea, but the back of his mind also wanted him to chomp down on the back of the dragon's neck and shake the noodle about, so he didn't listen to that voice.

Osiris mentioned that he could paralyze things, stated that he was not helpless. Garnet gave the dragon another thorough look, checking out the dratini and sizing up its general strength. The results he came up with were less than what he would figure with how the dratini spoke. The little guy looked like a total weakling! Though, there was not much to expect from a kid of all things. The charmeleon opened his mouth, the memory that he wanted to keep the snake talking was still fresh in his mind, "Never let you watch huh? Why not?" he asked.

It would have been obvious to him that the child was probably being sheltered from the violence. He disagreed with that motion, both currently and if he was in his right mind. They needed to know what the world was truly like as soon as possible, there was no sense in hiding it from them. It was just going to end up backhanding them sooner or later anyways.

You have been blessed with a post, Guest, cherish it.
PM to start a thread with me
Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Blessing in Disguise   Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:41 pm

"I guess she doesn't want me seeing that kinda thing? Kinda weird, since, like, I'd just be watching. Not like I'd get hurt or anything. Right?" Naively, Osiris let himself ponder on why exactly his mom didn't appreciate his interest in such matters. Battling was cool, and if he could see how she did things then he could get an idea of how he should, as well. They were the same species after all, and theoretically, he should be capable of anything she could pull off - like driving off ornery wild pokemon who didn't get the memo that straying too close to Grassveil was a Bad Idea. Capital letters and all. It didn't occur to him that she simply just didn't want to encourage his interest in the subject, as she very likely had different preferences for her son's future, evidenced by her pushing him to go to the schoolhouse as regularly as possible. "At this point, I honestly should have tried to anyway, but she tends to get pretty scary when she puts her tail down. Moms, right?"

At this point, the two had made pretty good speed. The pokemon in the streets grew scarcer and scarcer as the traveled along, and so did the buildings at their sides. A turn here, a turn there, and the houses and shacks surrounding them turned into stalls and tents, and a few minutes later they'd left the city proper. The cobblestone beneath their feet turned into a gravel road. And true to his word, there was a very modest little house in the distance, smoke funneling up out of the small chimney protruding through the roof. Surrounding the front of it was a small collection of shrubbery and a small garden near the front porch - it was a domestic sight. Home-y. Even at this time of night, the sky was cloudy and vague, but there was a visible hint of blue peeking out over the horizon. It was very late in the evening - had he decided to stick around town any longer, his mother would have likely been very cross with him.

But as they approached, Osiris slowed down a bit, his excited slither becoming very hesitant. "So, uh, before we go in, Mr. Zircon..." Osiris had no real reservation about bringing the charmeleon home with him, but he did care about what his mom thought of his friends. As such, if his mom knew that the two of them had liberated the fire type from hospital care... well, it was best to avoid that topic altogether - and even if the larger lizard at his side didn't remember, the dratini hadn't quite gotten a grasp on how serious his amnesia was. "Probably wouldn't be smart to let slip the specifics of how we met. Let's just keep things simple, okay?"

Back to top Go down
Lazarus Rex

PostSubject: Re: Blessing in Disguise   Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:06 pm

((I think this is the first time on the site that a character has gone to their own house.))

Everything seemed familiar yet...new to him. He could not recall when he saw any part of this village he was in, but it felt as if he walked this very path before. It was when they drew closer to the outskirts that the feeling faded away. He hesitated in his walk and looked behind him, back at the more familiar ground before he looked to see the dratini continue to slither off. Should he really be following a stranger? Was this dragon even a stranger?

His decision was made swift as he turned and caught up with the little dragon before it could notice that he even stopped. He gave a laugh that failed to hide his tension at the dratini's comment about mothers. He had no idea how his mother was, so he was not confident in agreeing with the dragon. However, he did speak in response, "Can't be that dangerous..." He was unaware of how weak the dratini was. It looked weak, but what could possibly hang around Grassveil that was capable of doing any more than gumming someone to death?

His steps slowed to a halt as he gazed upon the peaceful cottage. He was about to enter a stranger's home, but this couldn't have been a stranger...right? This guy called him by a name, so they had to know each other. He looked at the small serpent as he noticed Osiris had a particular request for him. He was asked to keep the specifics of how they met a secret. Well, that was going to be easy considering he couldn't F**KING remember!

"I'll uh...I'll let you come up with the substitute story," he informed the little blue creature with a small smile on his expression. "I don't think I'm that good at improv," he admitted, but it was more closer to him just trying to keep himself talking to settle his nerves before he attempted a joke, "I'd probably end up saying I crashed down from space or something for all I know." Another half-hearted and sheepish laugh sounded from him before he would allow the dratini to lead the way closer to the door and introduce him to...the mother he assumed?

Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Blessing in Disguise   Sat May 05, 2018 4:02 am

(That's because everyone's homeless let's be real)

Osiris grinned heartily at Zircon when he agreed to his little proposition, his tail vibrating jovially behind him. Good, good, good. Nothing suspicious going on here, mum, just bringing home another friend from... school, maybe? The dratini cast a speculative gaze on his newest friend. The charmeleon didn't appear to be the scholarly sort at all, but neither was Osiris, and to his knowledge, his schoolhouse taught anyone willing to learn. If he was wrong, perhaps he could simply just claim that Zircon was getting supplementary lessons, like learning how to read or something. Did he know how to read? Did he even remember if he could? Amnesia seemed awfully confusing, but if he had his way, it wouldn't ruin today for the fire-type.

His smile spread even further when his friend graced him with the first smile he could remember seeing on the reptile's face. He was clearly a bit wound up - probably skittish about going to someone else's house and all that - so Iris made an effort to smile and laugh politely at the somewhat flat joke. Maybe it was a bit presumptive of him to assume, but maybe it made sense that Zircon wasn't at ease here; He seemed like a rough sort of a guy, the kind that either didn't make many friends or just didn't want any. The dratini might have asked if that was the case, but the image of an irritated charmeleon rebuking him on the way here was still fresh in his mind. "No, no, it's nothing to get worried about. Mom's great, you'll love her. And even if you don't - which you will - then you'll definitely love her food. Promise!"

With that bit out of the way, the dratini slithered up to the door and nudged it open with his head, allowing the abundant torchlight from inside the house to escape, bathing him and the fire-type behind him in even more light. The house was small, and the doorway lead directly to the main room of the house, which served as a humble kitchenette on one side and a living room on another. A decent sized table separated the two sides, with three chairs surrounding it. The furniture decorating the living room portion was decidedly old-fashioned but solid and serviceable, while Osiris' mother was floating about in the kitchen. In his opinion, she was a gorgeous dragonair of prodigious length. The thin apron she was wearing barely covered half her serpentine form, and her tail was wrapped around some sort of utensil, its tip covered in a pink-brown batter. She was huddled close to the ground, next to an archaic appliance that had to be some kind of oven, breathing small but intense flames through the bottom. It seemed she was baking something.

Osiris' eyes immediately honed in on the sink, and his trained eye picked up all the pots, pans, and kitchenware used to make poffins. His stomach grumbled at the sight, and his mood brightened even more. With a small movement of his tail, he beckoned the charmeleon behind him to come inside as he slithered through the doorway, dropping his satchel right then and there. With a skip in his slither and a hungry grin on his snout, he called across the room to the dragonair preoccupied with heating her oven. "I'm home, Mom!"

Said dragonair reared up at the sound of her son's voice, the flames dissipating from her snout as she narrowed her red eyes suspiciously. He was amused to see the two small wings flanking her face flutter, agitated. "You're late, is what you are. You were supposed to be home at sunset, young man."

"Well, I woulda been home sooner but I ran into a friend from school. His name's Zircon and I brought him home for dinner and I know I shoulda asked sooner but can he stay?" As was his policy when it came to dealing with authority figures; It was better to ask forgiveness, rather than permission.

"Oh. From school, you say?" Some of the sternness melted from her countenance as Osiris' mother straightened up somewhat, as if just now noticing the charmeleon. She let her eyes comb him from top to bottom, taking in the numerous battle scars and strange markings. Apparently, the rough-looking stranger didn't put her off too much, as she brightened a second later with a hospitable smile. "Well, he must be hungry. Your friend can stay for dinner but tomorrow I expect you to be home by sunset, or there will be consequences. Am I understood?"

"Yes, mom." The dratini wilted a bit. Getting scolded like a little kid in front of his newest friend was not the kind of impression he'd been trying to make all day. Thanks, mom.

"Dinner's almost ready - Zircon, was it? I hope you like poffins. You go ahead and get comfortable, and I'll have it out on the table in a minute. Iris, go put your school things up in your room." With a good-natured grumble and an exasperated shake of the head, the dratini obeyed. He snatched his satchel up quickly and bolted off, disappearing into one of the two doorways that were present in the room, leaving the charmeleon all alone with the dragonair that immediately went back to carefully heating her oven, as if this was a totally normal and common situation to be in.

Back to top Go down
Lazarus Rex

PostSubject: Re: Blessing in Disguise   Tue May 08, 2018 9:17 am

The little noodle assured him that he would love their mother. He was unsure of why they felt the need to tell him this, but he also questioned whether or not that would be true. How did the dragon type know he would? Was he actually familiar with it? Questions rang around his mind and constricted his thoughts like a viper as the dratini opened the door into his house. He remained outside as the dratini entered, his eyes wide as he took in the sights of the quaint little house. He stood at the doormat, not moving until the dratini gestured for him to follow.

Warily, he stepped across the border of the door and into the house. He heard the soft click of the opening becoming closed behind him. He followed the smaller pokemon along until his attention was dragged towards the beautiful dragoness that tended to what was likely dinner. The dratini greeted his mother with eagerness, though the mother reacted with a disturbed tone that unsettled Garnet. True animosity lacked in her words and expression, but the annoyed tone caused strange emotions to stir. Ones that almost dared the dragonair to become violent herself and lash out. Give him a reason to attack her.

He suppressed these feelings with a swallow as the dragonair began to look him over. Another sense of unease pestered him as she took in his appearance. He had no idea that he looked next to nothing like a student of the book, but his nervous demeanour must have sold her. An arm lifted and rubbed the other as a bright and cheerful smile. The way she spoke, though, it was almost as if he wasn't here for a brief second. She still referred to him as if he wasn't here. It made him feel...as if he actually wasn't. Was he watching through the eyes of someone else? Was this all really happening?

The surreal experience was interrupted as he noticed that the mother finally addressed him directly. He nodded at his name, or at least what he thought was his name, but he was not exactly sure what to do or say about poffins. Before he knew it, however, he was then alone with the mother. The only familiar face he knew had left his line of sight, which left him to freeze to the spot. The dragoness returned to her cooking, but he simply stood there. He did not speak, he did move, he hardly even breathed. He had no idea what to do nor how to react to this situation. His eyes hardly left the spot he watched the dratini's tail disappeared behind.

It was almost as if he had turned into a complete statue when the dratini left. If the mother were to speak to him, he would not have responded. He would have simply remained still, only to reanimate himself at the reappearance of Osiris.

Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Blessing in Disguise   Mon May 14, 2018 2:34 pm

As Osiris slithered off to put up his satchel, his mother tried to keep a curious eye on Iris' newest friend. Her son had a tendency of being something of a social butterfly and thus she had played host to many of his friends before, but this was something very new. She'd eat her own wings if this Zircon was another school kid in his class - she knew that evolution wasn't always a good way to indicate age, but the first impression he gave was... Well. Mature wasn't the word she was looking for, but it was something along those lines. This charmeleon certainly didn't seem childlike or innocent, even if he was freezing up like a kid lost at a market. The mental image of him sitting at a desk next to her son at the dingy schoolhouse down the road was almost laughable; Maybe he was attending for remedial lessons in the evening and they'd run into one another. She knew Iris had a thing for other, more imposing looking dragon types, and a charizard-to-be would certainly attract his awe.

She straightened from her bent position, leaning back up after letting loose a particularly potent stream of flame into the oven. The fire-type was still standing where her son had left him, making absolutely no move to make himself at home. It was almost sort of worrying - here was this scarred, silent, marked figure that came home with her son, who was so unfamiliar with the comforts of home that he froze up like a deerling in the eyes of a predator. It made her curious, but she wasn't about to pry. She trusted her son to be smart about the company he kept, and she'd reserve passing judgement on this sorry looking fellow until she at least got to know him better.

The dratini of the house came bounding into a silent room, the only sound being the quiet crackle of the fireplace. As per his instructions, his satchel was missing, but so was his headband. He cut through any sort of tension or lack thereof with no subtlety, making a beeline for the figure that he was so interested in. As his mother took the poffins out of the oven and began plating them, he slithered a quick circle around Zircon's feet and silently beckoned him toward the fireplace with his tail, and the small couch and chairs settled around it.

"So, what'cha thinkin'?" His voice was hushed, in contrast to his excitable demeanor. He settled at the foot of the couch, curling up on himself. He noticed how his friend had seemingly turned into a statue when he came back in. The dratini wasn't about to directly ask about it - he got the feeling that doing that would yield undesirable results (same for the scars and markings, really), the least he could do was make conversation. He did still want to pick the charmeleon's brain, and this was the opportunity he'd been waiting for.

Back to top Go down
Lazarus Rex

PostSubject: Re: Blessing in Disguise   Sat May 26, 2018 2:07 pm

On one hand, he was thankful that the dragonair made no attempt to speak with him, as it meant he would not be forced to answer questions he did not know the answers to. On the other hand, the silence was almost painful to him. His eyes were fixated on the furnace the dragon tended to with low streams of flames. The fire within the soft glow did not comfort him but instead made his mind wander. Fire was always a beautiful thing to him if there was one thing that was consistent with him it would have been an appreciation for the source of his own abilities. He could only imagine the flames within the pot that burned and begged to consume the edible substance that was kept just out of its reach. His mind shifted to how the flames could have easily spread throughout this wooden house if it were handled wrong, turning everything into a filthy charred black as the comfort of the home would be turned into nothing but a wasteland.

"So, what'cha thinkin'?" the sudden voice derailed his train of thought and brought it to a screeching halt that crashed and derailed into calamity as he was startled by the 'sudden' appearance of the noodle that brought him here. His blood rushed with the desire to lash out against the potential aggressor, but sense and control prevented him from doing such a thing at that moment.

Instead, he only gave an uncertain, "Uh..." as he wondered if he should answer this question with honesty. He got the idea that 'burning your house down' was not quite an answer that was going to fly well with what was so far the only actively consistent friendly face in the past 24 hours. So, he decided to only tell a partial truth, "...'bout fire" he shrugged simply. His eyes now actively avoided the furnace and instead focused on the ground. The haze in his head seemed to dissipate as he thought about the destructive force, but now that he was back to what was 'normal' it only seemed to return.

Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Blessing in Disguise   Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:23 am

(shit fuck sorry)

"Fire, huh?" Iris' voice just barely couldn't conceal the sudden glee he had at Zircon's admission. How perfect; This was exactly the sort of thing he'd been meaning to learn from the larger reptile pokemon. The child's gaze scanned the charmeleon up and down, pausing significantly when his eyes roved over the fire-type's tail, and the burning flame that burned on the tip of it. If that kind of fire was burning on the older pokemon all the time, then the kinds of fire attacks he could produce and use on other pokemon were probably was bigger! Images of giant plumes of flame, spinning columns and towering, blazing walls flashed in his mind. Those kinds of things were out of his grasp for now, but if he put his mind to it, he could probably learn how to spit embers at least.

"I guess you are a fire type, in the end. It's important, yeah? 'Specially when it comes to your line and the fire on your tail." Having inspected it just a second earlier, Osiris tried not to stare after drawing attention to it. Instead, he rose his head and scanned the other side of the house, taking note of his mother putting the finishing touches on dinner. His stomach rumbled quietly at the sight. "I read once that the brighter your guys' tail flame is, the healthier you are! And when you get worked up, it goes totally wild."

Osiris thought back to the time when the rhyperior was giving Zircon such a hard time back in town and how the charmeleon refused to back down. He'd been so cowed that he didn't even think to take notice of the Zircon's tail flame. It had probably been awesome, and he totally missed it. Darn.

Back to top Go down
Lazarus Rex

PostSubject: Re: Blessing in Disguise   Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:44 am

(S'all good bro!)

The charmeleon kept silent about himself as he would watch the dratini gaze upon his tail in awe. His own eyes turned to lay upon the flame, but they did not linger for long-fearful of...something. What was he afraid of? The charmeleon looked back to the dragon type as Osiris began to ramble on again. Fire was important to him, so why was he suddenly afraid of it again? The lizard was perplexed about himself, unable to recall much of anything at all.

The fresh smell of cooked food reached his nostrils. It opened up a void that made him realize that he was absolutely starved. He could not recall the last time he ate. Garnet nodded in response to the dratini, blind agreement with the serpent. He was unsure himself if what was said was true or not-it was information he felt that he should have known without a shadow of a doubt...but did not.

He did not pursue the conversation of his tail, in favor of not revealing that he could not remember something that seemed so simple. Instead, he would speak up, "Your mother smells like a good cook," he spoke. It was an awkward sentence, considering it implied that good cooks had a smell and that he could smell the dragonair. He intended to say that the cooking smelled nice, but since when did thing ever go right for Garnet?

"She uh..do this often?"
he spoke to the dratini rather than the dragonair, as if she weren't even there to begin with.

Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Blessing in Disguise   Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:07 pm

He'd been hoping that his knowledge would maybe impress Zircon but instead, the large reptilian pokemon merely nodded in silence. He was definitely a tough customer but Osiris had no doubt he could break through his hard shell eventually. What with the guy's amnesia and all, he probably knew less about his own kind than Iris! Maybe. He had absolutely no idea how amnesia worked, like, at all. And there was always the possibility that the charizard-to-be simply didn't care for the little encyclopedic tidbits that he had to offer, but Osiris had other ways of rubbing off on someone. He was extremely cute, for one! And he'd saved this guy from a trip to the hospital, as strange as that sounded.

"Um," Osiris blinked, a little thrown by the sudden change in conversation. "Yeah, for as long as I can remember. Or at least until she learned how to use the oven like she does, some pokemon can't heat it. But she's always made good food."

He spoke with the casual sort of ease of a kid who'd never gone hungry before, in contrast to the pokemon at his side who couldn't even remember his last meal.

In the bridge between the kitchenette and living room portion of the house, the dragonair had taken to setting the table. The thought of having Osiris do it crossed her mind, of course, as she usually had him do at least that much. But seeing the dratini curled up in front of the hearth with such peculiar looking company gave her second thoughts. Most of his little friends were pokemon similar to him; Children without a worry in the world, running about the town streets like hooligans in their free time. In contrast, he seemed to hang on to every word of this charmeleon - she didn't know how long they'd known each other, but it was clear Osiris looked up to him or at least was starting to.

"Foods on, boys." Her steady voice easily carried across the modest home, and she felt stirrings of happiness as she plated the last of dinner and slid it onto the sturdy table. It was about time that her son found a friend that he couldn't lead around by the nose. She directed an easy smile at her son's guest, hoping to set him at ease. The poor thing was as stiff as a board. "I hope you don't have any allergies, Zircon. These are all made with pretty common berries, so there should be at least something you like."

True to her word, resting on the stout oak dinner table was an assortment of different poffin types resting on intricate-looking wooden plates, steam wafting from it. Just at a glance, Osiris could spot a few Cheri, a few Rawst, a single Pecha, and - his favorite - some Oran. It was more than just two pokemon would be able to eat but his mother always made enough just in case his father came home, but Osiris couldn't remember ever even seeing him. So it was a good thing that he'd brought along Zircon. The dratini gave his new friend an eager smile as he slithered past, gesturing with his head for the charmeleon to join him. He only hoped dinner wouldn't be awkward - with any luck, his mom wouldn't mind if he took Zircon to his room and they could eat there.

Back to top Go down
Lazarus Rex

PostSubject: Re: Blessing in Disguise   Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:00 am

He was strange. He did not belong here. He did not feel unwelcome, but he should have. It was not that the dragonair and the dratini were unkind-in fact, it was because they were to open to his presence that he should have questioned a thing or two about all of this. The warmth of the hearth, the coziness of the cottage, the presence of an eager child and an endearing mother, it was all foreign to him. Even if he could recall the events of his life without a detail to be missed, the gentle yet firm tone of a mother speaking to her child was not one he would have been familiar with.

The dratini explained that the dragonair’s cooking was common. He was not sure what he expected out of the question, but it bought him enough time for the mother to intercept with the meal. He had almost forgotten she was even in the house at that point-almost. Garnet turned as he watched the dratini start over to the table. He was given an indication that he should follow. Without a question as to why, he would. His eyes steadied themselves onto the plate of food. The very scent of it made his mouth water, but the sight of it was hard to part from. His stomach delivered a growl that demanded that he take the food and run, but he managed to keep himself steady.

It was difficult, but he managed to snap his gaze away from the food long enough to make eye contact with the dragonair. He should say something. He felt like he should. What should he say? You’re welcom-no that’s definitely not it. However, there was a part of him that urged him to say...nothing. Just take the food and stuff all he could in his jaws before the others could get to it. He should claim it has HIS food. The dragonair made it and presented it without defense, she practically begged for him to take it all. Still, however, the other part of him scolded himself. He felt unnerved by the thoughts that crossed his expression. These shouldn’t be normal. He wasn’t normal.

Instead of saying anything, he would resort to a silent and polite nod. He kept his mouth shut, he kept his stomach shut, and he would follow the Dratini’s lead. Although...he wasn’t quite sure how much longer he could resist. It was certain that as soon as the dratini would take a bite or offer him a chance to select what he wanted out of the choices, the poffin would likely disappear from the plate so quickly that even Garnet would wonder if he just did that.

(Shiiiit sorry for the long wait with almost no dialogue from Garnet. Do you have any ideas of where you want to go with this if you want to continue, because if not we could have Sweetswell knock on Dragonair's door and see how she reacts to being told her son is hanging out with someone who should be in the h o s p i t a l )

Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Blessing in Disguise   Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:33 pm

Almost entirely oblivious to Garnet's internal struggles, Osiris merely slithered past his new friend up into one of the chairs. He wasted no time in claiming a couple of the Oran flavored poffins, finding himself more hungry than he figured. The little misadventure in town today had left him peckish; the most exhausting mischief he'd ever found himself in before this was sneaking away from school to play in the forests or go window shopping in town.

His mother, however, was a great deal more observant as she made her own plate. In contrast to her son, who was usually rash and overeager, this Zircon boy had barely made a sound since coming inside. Aside from a few hushed sentences in the corner, anyway. It was going past shy politeness into something approaching mildly weird. A part of her wanted to reassure him, get him talking, if for no other reason than to lift the awkwardly growing silence at the table.

Iris had beaten her to the punch. After claiming his own bounty, his tail gently nudged a few toasty morsels to his dinner guest, oblivious eyes peering out from a tiny hill of poffins. "They're pretty good, if you've never tried 'em before."

As if to demonstrate, he raised his head high over his plate and chomped down on his first unfortunate victim of the night, tiny little fangs digging into the baked treats without remorse. He felt a warm little shiver trail through him at the sensation; Mom's home cooking really was the best. "Schee?" The dratini's voice was muffled, blocked out by a big fat cheek stuffed with sweet dough and oran.

"Don't talk with your mouth full, Iris." Her snout scrunched up at the sight, but her voice was lacking any sort of bite or heat to it. It was out of reflex if nothing else. She was too busy being mildly surprised at how quick he was to encourage his friend. Maybe she didn't have anything to worry about; despite his strange markings, impressive size, and the multitude of scars, the charmeleon hadn't been anything but quiet and polite so far.

He was a bit strange, but he seemed like a decent pokemon. Maybe she'd...eavesdrop a little bit later, just to make sure, but for the most part, she felt fine with him. "And try not to stay up too late, now." Mercifully, she hadn't pressed the issue, merely gathering up her food with her tail and hovering into the air, flying toward the fireplace in the living room.

"What a show off. She barely has wings, howssat even work." He was less salty than his statement might have portrayed, knowing eventually he'd be able to fly, as well. But how dragonaires did that was always going to be mysterious to him; the tiny little two wings on each side of their head must be strong indeed. Still, at least he was free now to take Zircon off into his room and learn more about him.

(babby snek and big lizerd vs. Sweetswell round 2 let's fucking goooo)

Back to top Go down
Lazarus Rex

PostSubject: Re: Blessing in Disguise   Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:05 am

The duo made out to be quite the wholesome family. If he were in his right mind it would have driven him off, but of course that was not the case. The charmeleon brought himself onto his own seat and listened to the dratini as he vouched for the quality of the poffins. The lizard held little doubt or hesitation about eating the poffins himself, but he felt the intense desire to watch every move of his. As soon as his eyes caught the sight of the wyrm taking a poffin, he could not stop his claws. He latched onto the closest poffin, cheri flavored, and proceeded to shove it into his maw. The puff was crushed with ease under the power of his jaws, but it was a tad difficult to swallow. He could either open his mouth to let some of the half-chewed food out or continue to struggle and risk choking…

He chose neither. Instead, he took in a deep and silent breath. A small stream of smoke would leave his nostrils and occasionally the side of his mouth as he steadily burnt the food in his mouth. The poffin steadily became charred and hard, which only made it easier to crush and break into pieces to swallow. What was chewing again? His next few poffins would be taken with smaller bites, but his attention seemed to be more focused on the food than what happened with the dragonair and the dratini.

The dragonair would leave the immediate area and Osiris would question him about something. His nostrils smoked once more as he looked in the direction of the dragonair and studied the way she floated. “I donno...” he spoke as crumbs from the poffin fell out of his mouth and onto the floor, his own voice barely understandable behind the wall of burnt poffin between his teeth. Unashamed of himself, he looked back to the dratini. He was invited into the room of the dratini, not something he had any reason to object against. He followed behind the dratini, his mind still caught up in that fog that irked him so. He was perpetually confused, afraid of the situation he was in, and constantly felt as if he walked upon eggshells.

Outside the house, however, a certain rotund pink figure approached the door with a worried and exhausted look upon her expression. The end of the day drew near, she needed to get the patient back to where he could be cared for properly. She heard word that some folks witnessed a pokemon that fit the description of who she searched for come this way and then heard that the dratini that followed him around lived around here. The blissey took a deep breath before she gave the door a decent knock.

She would wait until the door would open before she would speak, “Good afternoon, I’m Ms. Sweetsweel of the Grassveil hospital. We’ve lost a patient that needs to be brought back right away. You wouldn’t have happened to see a charmeleon around have you? He’s got plenty of scars?”

Back to top Go down
the sunset hero

PostSubject: Re: Blessing in Disguise   Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:29 am

"Hm. Well, you're probably gonna be flying around pretty soon too, ya know." Osiris was happy to see Zircon feeling a bit more at ease; it seemed he wasn't very shy about food, after all. Just a bit hesitant. He led the fire type to his bedroom with a skip in his slither, balancing his food precariously between his serpentine body. Now he could finally get to know the pokemon at the center of today's fiasco.

"Charizard comes after charmeleon, after all, and they have wings." Now, he truly was envious. He'd seen enough pictures of the fire-flying type to know that charizards boasted an impressive wingspan, and in comparison, dragonite only had those tiny little flutterers. By no means were they less capable in the air, but it rankled him nonetheless. "You look pretty tough, too. I bet you evolve real quick-like."

Meanwhile, downstairs, Osiris' mother was distracted from her own thoughts by a knock on the door. She floated on over and opened it, blinking as she found a blissey of all pokemon on the other side. Hadn't Osiris said the charmeleon was a friend from school? "Um... yes? He came over dinner, actually.

"Is... everything okay?"
Hospitably, she opened the door all the way and floated out of the way, confused by nevertheless allowing the supposed nurse to enter. It wasn't every day your kid brought home a friend trailed by a rather exhausted-looking nurse.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blessing in Disguise   

Back to top Go down

Blessing in Disguise
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next