Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!
Check out the Staff Recruitment thread if you are interested in becoming a staff member!

Want to keep up to date with site happenings? Here's the June News Thread!

Share | 

Opal the Growlithe

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Frebedor

Poké : 600

PostSubject: Opal the Growlithe   Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:02 am

» Name: Opal
» Sex: Female
» Species: #058 Growlithe, the puppy Pokemon
» Affiliation: None currently

» Level: 5
» Energy: 19
» Ability: Flash Fire
» Moves:
-Fire Spin (egg move)
-Bite (lv 1)
-Roar (lv 1)
-

» Natural Feats:
-Bravery: It has a brave and trustworthy nature. It fearlessly stands up to bigger and stronger foes.
-Charisma: Very friendly and faithful. It will try to repel enemies by barking and biting.
-Keen Nose: Growlithe has a superb sense of smell. Once it smells anything, this Pokémon won't forget the scent, no matter what. It uses its advanced olfactory sense to determine the emotions of other living things.
-Flash Fire: Fire does not hurt this Pokemon, and in fact temporarily boosts the power of its own fire-type moves.

» Relatives:
Arcanine mother (Tia), Houndoom father (Rusty), Growlithe brothers and sisters

» Personality:
Opal has a gregarious nature, always wanting to make friends. Being a Growlithe, she can also get quite protective of friends and possessions. She is often among the first to take up a challenge. Some Pokemon may find her overenthusiastic and in-your-face, but Opal tries to tone it down when the issue is brought to her attention.

» Likes:
-Fresh berries, especially of the Rawst variety (Dried berries are good, too, but nothing beats them straight from the tree! Rawst berries are a favourite because they remind Opal of home.)
-Scent-based challenges (She likes to use her nose and show off her skill in tracking)
-Athletic challenges (She likes to run, plus she enjoys competing to see who's the strongest)

» Dislikes:
-Getting wet (On top of being a fire type, it makes her fur heavy and cold)
-Poison types (They tend to smell bad, which is undesirable when you're good at smelling things)
-Littering (It's not nice, plus severe cases can hinder exploration or overload her olfactory senses)

» History:
Opal's story starts with an Arcanine named Tia. Now, Tia didn't know she was going to be a mother yet. She lived day to day, hunting and fending for herself. Finding food in this terrain wasn't always easy, but it was rewarding. Rawst berries were plentiful at least, and Tia always made sure to have some stashed away for emergencies. Such was life in this desert.

One evening, Tia had stayed out late after finding a particularly bountiful feeding ground. Such spots were usually located in the more dangerous or hard to reach areas of her homeland. By the time she returned to her den, Pokemon who preferred the night were starting to appear. Right next to her space was a fierce-looking Houndoom. This just wouldn't stand!

Rusty was a Houndoom just like any other. Well, not quite. The move Fire Spin had been passed down to him through family genetics. It was interesting to think about, and a great gift. Fire Spin was useful when he need to appear frightening. Rusty was a more than capable fighter, but he would much rather keep the peace. Why use energy when you could save it?

This particular night started as all the others had for Rusty, emerging from his den and planning his patrol route. The smell of berries was in the air, but that could wait. The Houndoom needed to be sure his territory was safe before he could eat. So fat, so good. Nothing unusual had happened so far, but that was about to change when Rusty investigated a strong smell of Rawst that he just couldn't resist.

The two Pokemon were at a head. Arcanine and Houndoom, staring each other down. Tia was ready to attack, but Rusty didn't like the idea of fighting so early into his patrol. He was curious, though. Arcanine were usually active during the day, so what was this one doing out? She looked angry, too. Wanting to know the bigger picture, he introduced himself and tried to defuse the tension.

Tia had been thinking of how to make a good first move, but to her surprise, the Houndoom calmly introduced himself before she could charge and bite. It seemed there was a territorial overlap, and Rusty hadn't realised he was so close to another Pokemon's den. Tia had a bit of a think about the situation, warned the stranger not to touch her stash, and bid him farewell.

Despite the uneasy nature of their meeting, both Pokemon held a sort of fascination for each other. Tia was intrigued by Rusty's calm nature, and Rusty admired Tia's dedication and ability to listen to reason. By chance, they met a few more times, and this fascination eventually blossomed into friendship, then love. It was a happy case of opposites attract.

A litter of Growlithe was the result of this union, one of them given the name of Opal. The Growlithe siblings saw little of their father, for he was most active at night. That did not mean Rusty was undevoted, however. He would find food and watch over them during his prime time. During the day, the pups would play, hone their skills and grow stronger under Tia's care.

Opal loved to wrestle and chase, as did her siblings. When they were old enough to join their mother outside the den, a favourite game was seeing who could sniff out the most Rawst berries in a single trip. Tia appreciated the extra help, except when one of them got carried away and uncovered the emergency stash. The family was a close one, the pups all good-natured and getting along nicely.

As the litter's bodies grew, so did their ambition. They wanted to experience more of the world, not just stay at home. There was so much to see and explore! They eventually became strong enough to survive on their own and set off for adventure. They had a gift and were going to share it with everyone they could. Opal enthusiastically headed for Grassveil Town, a place she heard had lots of Pokemon to meet and lots of things to do.

Last edited by Frebedor on Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Head Secretary & Lord of the Eevees

Poké : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Opal the Growlithe   Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:25 pm

Sorry, your Character Bio cannot be approved due to the following reasons:

1.) HISTORY

The history notes that the terrain Opal and her family lived in was hard to find food in, implying it was harsh, but it's never actually specified what kind of area they lived in.  You don't have to name a specific place, but did they live in a desert?  The mountains?  Just a really rough forest?

2.) MOVES

There are no problems with the moves, but since we're here, I figured I'd give a little input.  Growlithe can learn a wide variety of pretty good egg moves, among them being Burn Up, a very rare and unique move.  You don't need for the character to have a specific species for a parent to get an egg move; you can just say the mother already knew it from her parents, for instance.  Again, the moveset you have is perfectly fine, but I want to make sure you're not passing up any other moves you might want more and just settling on Fire Spin for the sake of having a houndoom parent.

P.S.

I don't normally nitpick over grammatical errors, but there's one you might want to fix.

"The Houndoom needed to be sure his territory was safe before he could eat. So fat, so good."

I assume that was meant to say "So far," but in the context, it actually fits enough that someone could think it's supposed to be there. I thought it was funny. Figured you'd appreciate the heads-up, though.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to message any of the Character Moderators. May it be through the Chatbox or through Private Messaging, we will tend to your concerns as soon as we can. Please fix your bio accordingly so that we may be able to approve it. Once you have completed your edits, either bump this thread or message us.

Character Records

Is it my post in our thread?  Wanna start a thread with me?  Hit me up HERE

Oh yeah, and I dabble in pixel art.  If you're interested, check out my shop.

>And now for a bit about myself.<
Back to top Go down
Frebedor

Poké : 600

PostSubject: Re: Opal the Growlithe   Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:27 am

1) I was trying to imply a desert-type terrain, yes. Guess I should have made it clearer. Just because it makes sense to me doesn't mean everyone will pick up on it. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll be sure to make a small edit to clarify.

2) I did actually consider that, and spent several moments humming and hawing. Morning Sun and Heat Wave were rather tempting. However, I wanted to look at things from a roleplay perspective, not numbers. Imagine scaring someone with a fiery tornado or trapping a criminal on the run, for instance.

Now you've got me thinking thoughts again. Gosh darnit!

And I made the choice to add a father figure. Houndoom made the most sense for what my brain spat out. Fire Spin is an egg move for that line as well, FYI.

PS) I read over my post so many times, but it seems one typo still got past. I did indeed mean "so far, so good", but I might leave that there for hilarity.

Poké : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Opal the Growlithe   Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:10 pm

Character has been approved!

Please head over HERE to create your Character Records.  Once you've completed that, go have fun and roleplay!

Character Records

Is it my post in our thread?  Wanna start a thread with me?  Hit me up HERE

Oh yeah, and I dabble in pixel art.  If you're interested, check out my shop.

>And now for a bit about myself.<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opal the Growlithe   

Back to top Go down

Opal the Growlithe
Page 1 of 1