Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

2018 Moderator Applications are now open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Share | 

Riolupallooza!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TraceNoil

Poké : 210

PostSubject: Riolupallooza!   Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:08 pm

[energy:17-10=7]

Trace rolled his shoulders as he eyed the wall of foglike mist warily. Sure it wasn't particularly dense, but it would still limit his view to a couple of yards in any direction. It would be pretty easy to be surprised in an area like this. Still, the electrike reminded himself as he padded into the dungeon, this place should have more room to maneuver than the forests much closer to Grassviel town. He could have gone into those forests instead of making the trek all the way out here, but the thought of exploring those places by himself made him shudder. There were just too many a pokemon could hide and ambush him, especially Shadowhue. That place was one of the most terrifying dungeons he had ventured into so far. Trace worked deeper into this dungeon and soon his world was encompassed by grey.

All he could see are shillouettes in the middle distance, too indistinct to identify them as bushes or trees until he was close enough to reach them with a single leap. "Why can't there just be a dungeon made up of flowerbeds and sunshine?" Thinking he was alone, the eletrike griped out loud. All ready he wanted to turn back, but no he had a reason to go out this far. He needed supplies. Before he had managed to survive scavenging whatever he could find, usually eating anything as soon as he discovered it. More times than he wanted to recount his discoveries included the stashes of food wild pokemon had been saving. Never a good time, but now that he was the one who needed to make a stash of foodstuffs.

Trace just hoped he could find a decent haul from this place without getting into fights with any local pokemon.

Mada

Poké : 140

PostSubject: Re: Riolupallooza!   Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:17 am

[Energy: 26 - 10 = 16]

Darcy would have very much liked Alki to accompany her on this mission. They hadn’t done one in quite a while, after all, so Darcy thought that the idea would have appealed to her jigglypuff friend. That had not been the case at all. The Skitty had been kept up at night by her friend’s crying. She hadn’t known that Alki was afraid of fire. Cinder, Darcy, cinder, Darcy. She couldn’t help but wonder why she’d learned Flamethrower, if fire was something she was scared of, even had nightmares about. Or maybe, after the events with Goro and… maybe something else? She was spending so much time without Darcy now…  after all the things Alki had, and might have gone through, she supposed it made sense that the jigglypuff -- her now officially adopted little sister -- was afraid. She’d always been rather timid, easy to scare, but that didn’t make her cries, and Darcy’s helplessness to address them, any easier to digest.

The Skitty sighed as she trudged along, usually happy-go-lucky, now she struggled to find much enthusiasm in herself. Alki had not been very forthcoming about the fire, or about the ‘cinder’ she’d seen, no matter how much Darcy asked. If she had come, then maybe Darcy could figure out what was bothering her little sister! Instead, Alki had wanted to go by herself to Pecha Forest for… something or other. She wanted to ‘make it up’ to Darcy after her drunkenness. While the thought was sweet, Darcy would’ve much rather just forgotten about it…

Instead, they were both alone, Darcy alone with her regrets, and Alki doing Arceus-knew-what. If only she’d been more assertive, but she couldn’t bring herself to actually force Alki to do anything. She could make her own choices, after all, but it was hard not to worry. She was so small…

The Skitty lifted her head up as a particularly strong breeze brought her out of her thoughts. She was wearing her usual scarf, her guild badge pinned proudly onto it. Her  expression did not match her appearance. On top of the whole situation with her teammate, there was also the fact that she had absolutely no clue if she was cut out for a mission like this! Then again, that’s why she’d taken it, wasn’t it? Practice made perfect, after all.

Darcy sighed. This could potentially go very, very wrong. When was the last time she’d actually had to fight? She could only hope things would go alright. She looked up at her surroundings, the tension of the hill making her fur prickle up, the wind forcing her to pull the scarf tighter around her face and neck. She didn’t go to Pricklemist Hill often. The Skitty pushed forward, despite her fearful expression. A voice cut through the tension. After the initial shock (And rather embarrassing jump), Darcy turned to face the voice. “Oh. Yeah. You’re telling me...” She muttered, her tail swishing back and forth. There was someone friendly, thank Arceus… The Skitty forced a smile onto her face as she extended a paw. If only it had been somewhere safer, like Grassveil town.

“Sorry! I’m Darcy, I’m from the guild. I’m the leader of a team, actually!” She said, her smile growing wider as she sized up the Electrike before her. “What about you? Why are you here?”

My Character Records! ^_^

I am a slow learner, a stressed out high schooler, and a very impulsive person. Please have a bit of patience with me.

"Seeing is believing, and all I'm saying is, I've never seen George Washington." -A classmate
Back to top Go down
TraceNoil

PostSubject: Re: Riolupallooza!   Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:26 am

"Aiee!" Much more like a startled cat than any canine, Trace jumped as he noticed the movement in his peripheral. There was a pokemon that close to him and he hadn't noticed it! Thankfully he had enough grace to land on his feet, his face flushing with embarrassment as the feline pokemon extended a paw and introduced herself as a guild member. Despite the start, he was quite relieved to encounter a guild member here. Uncertain how a shake between two quadrupeds is supposed to go, the electric type improvised and pressed his own paw against hers for a short span.

"Ah, I'm Trace!" The electrike replied, feeling some of his embarrassment drain away in a nervous chuckle. "Sorry, I didn't realize there was someone that close to me. This fog is a nightmare..." He paused when he said this, eyes scanning their surroundings in a vain effort to pierce the unrelenting mist before continuing in a lower voice. "A guild member though, I'm impressed. I've been interested in that guild in Grassviel, but I haven't worked up the nerve to join it. I'm just out here to forage for supplies, what about you?" Trace posed the question to Darcy, even though he could already narrow the answer down to two possibilities. The first was that she just felt like going out on an exploration adventure. He thought that was an unlikely possibility considering the decidedly not fierce appearance of the skitty. More likely, she had decided on picking up some quest that needed her to travel here.

Curious as he was for the other's answer, the electrike started to trot away at a modest enough pace that Darcy would effortlessly keep even with. They were in dangerous territory now, and the best way he could fight the steadily rising panic this knowledge gave him was by keeping on his toes. Still, having someone to share the experience with did make it a lot less nerve wracking. He smiled back at the other pokemon, doing his best to keep a brave face and act like he wasn't a bundle of raw nerves. Fat chance of that facade working. He had already proven just how afraid he was. The eletrike had spent the majority of his remembered life running from danger, and here he was practically forcing himself into the same danger. All for a couple handfuls of berries.

Mada

Poké : 140

PostSubject: Re: Riolupallooza!   Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:10 am

“Yeah, really...” Darcy lifted her head to look through the fog, smiling as the electrike did his best to shake her paw. “There’s really not much we can do about fog, though. Weather conditions aside, it’s quite nice to meet you!” Darcy sat upon her haunches, allowing herself to enjoy encountering a new Pokemon, and savoring the reprieve from her thoughts and worries.

“Oh! Thanks… I’m really not that impressive though. You should see, uh, some of the other guild-mons...” She smiled sheepishly at the ground, pulling the scarf tighter around herself. “I mean, I guess me and my teammates are still learning, but… Oh, Arceus, even I’m still intimidated by some Pokemon...” Her mind flashed back to the whole fiasco wherein she’d met Sova. A lot of things happened there, and some were more than a bit painful for the Skitty, but if there was one thing she could say with certainty, it was that the Glaceon was badass. Intimidating too, sure, and perhaps he wasn’t the best with kids, but then again, not everyone can be perfect!

Darcy reminded herself that she was in the presence of someone else, and that it might be best to save her admiration for when she was alone. She’d been quiet too long. “Sorry. It’s just… I wanna be like them one day, y’know?” She let the words hang onto the air for a second, before clearing her throat and moving on. She wondered if this was what Alki often felt like, and Darcy felt yet another pang of regret for the jigglypuff. Darcy shifted uncomfortably where she sat, and cleared her throat again before changing the subject.

“Um… anyways. I’m here to do a guild mission. That’s really it, and it’s nothing too special. Just… um...” How to explain? Some guy hired the guild to beat up his friend… that was confusing, and Darcy didn’t much care to explain the details to the electrike. She didn’t feel much like talking. “Someone’s being unruly here, is all.” She paused, her tail swishing back and forth as she thought over something.

“You could join me, if you’d like? I’m… well, a little bit of company is always nice. And like you said, the fog here is quite dreadful… I mean, we could get lost, and there’s safety in numbers, as they say!” She let out a small, nervous laugh, doing her best to keep her tone carefree through her fear. It wouldn’t do to be afraid, and then have to fight afterwards… “I could help you look for supplies too! Although… it’s fine if you’d rather be alone.”

My Character Records! ^_^

I am a slow learner, a stressed out high schooler, and a very impulsive person. Please have a bit of patience with me.

"Seeing is believing, and all I'm saying is, I've never seen George Washington." -A classmate
Back to top Go down
TraceNoil

PostSubject: Re: Riolupallooza!   Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:11 am

(Whenever we get to the actual riolu fight, I would actually like for Trace to fail in beating them. Just a heads up :D )

Trace paused when he noticed that the Skitty wasn't following him, instead opting to downplay her own ability before falling into a momentary silence. A familiar itch of anxiety was just starting to crawl into his mind when she seemed to remember she wasn't alone by suddenly asking a question. Grateful for the chance to distract himself from how long they've been standing there, even though it has barely even been a minute, the electrike tilted his head as he put some serious consideration to the simple question. Come to think of it, did he really even have pokemon he would consider as role models? The closest he came to was that Buizel who had saved him when he first tried living in Grassviel, but he wasn't sure if that even counted. "Y-yeah... I know what you mean." Trace said in reply, although it came a bit too late to feel authentic.

He perked up a bit when Darcy changed topics and confirmed his suspicion that she was here on a mission. "Ah! Sounds pretty straightforward to me. All you'd need to do is find this pokemon and put a stop to them. Er.." Trace paused and let out a nervous chuckle of his own as his thoughts caught up with his words. "Probably would have to fight them though." He mused.

When the Skitty offered for them to travel together to accomplish both of their goals, Trace was ready to agree before she had even finished talking. "No-no, I'd much rather join you! Besides, depending on what pokemon you need to fight for your mission you'd probably want someone to back you up." Not to mention that this place would feel a lot less creepier with someone by his side, but he didn't want to be the crybaby. He kept the thought to himself, but that was a bad decision as the idea of this fog-shrouded hill being creepy seemed to echo in his mind. The fuzzy silhouettes of nearby shrubbery seemed to grow darker, and Trace found himself staring at one in particular that he could swear had eyes hidden within them.

The electrike shook himself out of it before panic set in and gave Darcy a hesitant smile. "Yeah... saftey in numbers." He repeated, trying to reassure himself more than anything. He needed to be stronger than this, but at the same time all that he wanted to do was flee back to Grassviell and forget he ever tried to come here in the first place. Just standing here was going to drive him crazy though. But Trace didn't want to leave the skitty behind, so he began just pacing in front of her.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Riolupallooza!   

Back to top Go down

Riolupallooza!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: Rainfront Town :: Pricklemist Hill-
Jump to: