Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!
Check out the Staff Recruitment thread if you are interested in becoming a staff member!

Want to keep up to date with site happenings? Here's the June News Thread!

Share | 

[open] The Weary Wanderer's Waltz

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TraceNoil

Poké : 830

PostSubject: [open] The Weary Wanderer's Waltz   Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:49 am

My breath came out in a soft sigh as I crested the final hill between me and the town of Grassviel, I hadn't realized I was holding my breath until then. That wasn't very surprising, returning here after so long made my paws heavy with trepidation. But the alternative... My head swiveled behind me as I regarded the untamed wilderness behind me. I knew all too well the nightmare that existed out there for someone far too weak to hold their own in battle alone. Grassveil was, above all else, a safe haven where there was little chance of invading someone else's territory. In a community, your only 'territory' is your own private house or room. Or at least that is what it should be. A shudder crept up my spine as the memory of the fight with that fierce houndour came unbidden to the forefront of my mind.

I shook my head violently, as if the motion itself could dislodge the troubled thoughts, and started down the trail. This was not an attempt to return to the past. This place had etched itself into my heart with the promise of a greater life, and I was coming back to commit to that life! Besides, I mused wearily, I am in desperate need of some personal TLC time. My legs felt stiff and my paws deliver dull complaints with every step I take. I don't want to even think about how long it has been since I took a proper bath, I may even need a proper water bath instead of the dust bath I would normally take that keeps the electric charge in my coat where it belongs. I probably looked as terrible as I feel, sticking out in this otherwise wonderful day like a sore thumb. What would normally be a dense vibrant neon green and electric yellow pelt has been distressed into stiff bristles the color of grass and gold. Topping this bedraggled look was a defense scarf tied around my neck, fraying at the edges but still holding up after all this time. Even if I could, I would not have wanted to take off the only memento of that buizel who had saved my life back then.

When I finally reached the edge of the town, I had to pause and chuckle at myself under my breath. I had been so focused on making it back to Grassviel that I hadn't given much thought to what I would actually DO once I got there. Now that it was time to do such, I could only stare mutely at the busy pokemon in front of me as I wrestled with that dilemma.

[open] The Weary Wanderer's Waltz
Page 1 of 1