Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Dark business in Shadowhue

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

Poké : 3747

Dark business in Shadowhue - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Dark business in Shadowhue   Dark business in Shadowhue - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 7:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

[Energy: 19 - 10 = 9]

Yigo was returning from the Blacktooth Kingdom with a brand new item that would help him become more powerful. His stained and ragged Stamina Band, a scar that went from his eye to his nose and a bag hanging from his belt full of goodies were proof of his adventures. Grassveil was barely in his reach since he just needed to get past Shadowhue forest to arrive there. A nice relaxing day at that town was something he´d certainly use, perhaps hanging with certain Skitty or Jigglypuff while at it.

Yigo decided to get the main route, following the signs that he could now read thanks to some studying. It would be nice to avoid getting into trouble now that he was about to finish his journey. Now that he didn´t have to worry about wild pokemon, the sandshrew could enjoy the peace and the warm breeze that accompanied him. The darkness could get a bit annoying at times but, with senses as fine as his, there was no way that anything would be able to catch him by surprise. At least, that´s what he was thinking when he was about to enter a specially thick grove where barely anything could be seen; after all, if it was on the main road, it couldn´t be so bad.

Last edited by PrimordialPrim on Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Lumin

Lumin

Poké : 6581

PostSubject: Re: Dark business in Shadowhue   Dark business in Shadowhue - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 6:25 pm

Tina didn't realize just how badly she needed the distraction, or how much the young Sandshrew needed to be comforted, until Yigo had cuddled up close enough to brush his teary face against her. He was trying to be strong, but in the end he was still a child, facing his own mortality. And the Fennekin was certain her pursuers didn't care who they killed. So the poor ground-type had every reason to be fearful. Oddly enough though, his vulnerable state actually helped instill confidence in Tina.

She wanted to be brave and strong, to make him feel safe. Alas, she couldn't exude the level of authority and confidence that Deimos possessed, but she tried to comfort him all the same, whispering reassuringly, "Shh... It's alright... we're not going to die. N-not if I can help it." The Fennekin idly pet the quivering Sandshrew with one of her paws, finding solace in being a source of stability for Yigo.

Unfortunately, she was so absorbed in soothing the frightened Pokemon clinging rather tightly to her, that she didn't notice Deimos' presence until he spoke into her ear in a whisper. With an involuntary jump, a chill shot up her spine, making the air around her sizzle as she blushed. Tina was acutely aware that she was actively attempting to mimic the Absol's demeanor, and in his presence, such an act paled in comparison.

Luckily her embarrassment receeded swiftly when the Pokemon revealed the secret weapon he'd been holding this whole time. Well, it wasn't really a weapon, per se. But thanks to Deimos' suggestive remarks, she couldn't help imagining the damage it could do when used with malicious intent. And... she'd be totally in her right to exact a little revenge. After all, the things they did... they all deserved to die, so... anything less would technically be mercy.

Tina didn't become aware of the fact she was scowling at the object of her unrequited salvation until Yigo suddenly piped in. The fennekin blinked in a flustered moment of confusion before she refocused on the orb and began to smile instead. The Sandshrew confirmed the orb's type, and seemed to share in the fire-type's fascination with the implications. In fact, his fear had been forgotten as he pulled a Z-Crystal from his satchel in offering. She couldn't help tearing up a little as Yigo excitedly stammered about the item.

The Fennekin was at a loss for words in light of this new revelation, but more than that, for once since she'd been captured by the cult, she actually felt like there was hope. There was a solid chance of escaping from this nightmare, of seeing her family again, and moving on from this painful chapter in her life. It was enough to make her want to weep with joy, but Tina had to steel herself for the road ahead, now. And that meant no more crying.

When she suddenly met Yigo's gaze, she had to look away quickly, blinking away the tears and wiping her eyes with a paw. She needed to appear strong now, to match the two males, whose chance encounters with her were perhaps a godsend from Arceus himself.

Yigo was already trying to help come up with a plan, and Tina couldn't help giggling softly when he promised to protect her. It was so sweet of him to offer, but she feared more for him getting hurt again. Whatever plan they concieved, he needed to be kept out of danger.

"Th-thank you... thank you both for this. F-for helping me," she said aloud with a final sniffle, rubbing her eyes one last time before assuming a more confident stance with her chest puffed out. Though she was still visibly rough around the edges, it only added to the look of determination on her face as she proceeded to whisper, "If... if we're coming up with a plan... then I might have an idea as well. But... I'm afraid staying here won't work. They'll almost certainly be waiting for us at the entrance, likely hoping that we get picked off or weakened by wild Pokemon before we get there..."

"Which is why I... hah..." Tina let out a shaky sigh as she felt her heart quiver at the very thought. "I'll have to be the bait... a-and go in alone. Th--they won't attack right away. They just... take too much pleasure in making me squirm, so... While I distract them, Yigo... you should be able to dig that tunnel under me, without them knowing. M-meanwhile, Deimos, you'd need to make sure they're all close enough before you use that orb. I-i-if even one of them escapes... w-we'll be in trouble."

"W-which means, uhm..." she paused again to swallow nervously, clearly not happy about her own plan, "You'll... h-have to wait... until they're just about to attack me."
Back to top Go down
Blade12

Blade12

Poké : 1360

PostSubject: Re: Dark business in Shadowhue   Dark business in Shadowhue - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 11:45 pm

The visible concern of the Sandshrew was honestly understandable to the Absol. From what he could personally tell, the Sandshrew was far younger than the other two present and by completly disagreeing with the notion of retreat, it's fear was justified. The Absol wasn't a maternal figure nor did he have experience in calming young ones, though it seemed that Tina had taken on that role well. It was good to see that they could support eachother. Trust is the foundation of a successful alliance after all, especially when lives are on the line.

The Absol sat quietly, waiting for the duo to calm down. He knew that if he made them rush they'd have no way to endure through the coming battle, one that would unfold weither they liked it or not. In his eyes they only possessed one true option, to eradicate the threat once and for all. For that however, they would need courage, the will to continue through even great pain. Strength not just of body, but of heart and mind. He couldn't do everything for them in what was to come, so he needed them to be prepared, one way or another.

The embarassed reactions of the Fennekin were amusing to him. That one could react in such a manner in the face of upcoming animosity was appreciated, most certainly so. He saw it as a break from fear, but of being one's true self. Anything that kept fear away was an advantage in his eyes, for anything that could keep one moving through fear and hate, that could keep one being themselves meant that very stratagem that their foes had been employing, had fallen apart.

The positive reaction to his ace merely reassured the Absol that victory was far easier to reach than the two had originally expected. He was glad that he held on to it so long at this point, for one simple item could be their salvation. The ability to turn sour moods around and restore hope and faith was a far more potent affect than any destructive display or speech.

The Fennekin's scowl however greatly concerned the Absol and caused a momentary grimace. He recognized such a look at one of vicious malice, of hatred. Such an expression worried him somewhat that perhaps the Petrify Orb had given her more malicious thoughts of what to wraught upon their pursuers, potentially even murderous ones.

The Absol remembered well when he'd let his own pain and hate consume him while under the influence of confusion and he still detested the result. The Fennekin's scowl reminded him of that crimson moment, filling him with dread instead of hope. Though yes he intended the threat to be removed, invoking such thoughts and emotions within others went against what he had intended. The Absol felt the need that, when the time came, to step in and prevent it. If she drew blood, she'd be no better than they. She would be tainted and how would one be able to face their family again? How would one be able to face the potential of the families they might have destroyed? The Absol intended to take matters into his own metaphorical hands, they were already stained after all and sparing an innocent of falling to such a fate felt like a way of redeeming himself from his prior actions.

The revelation of what the Sandshrew called a Z Crystal also drew the Absol's curiousity. The Absol had never heard or personally witnessed such an item or ability before. From what description was given, he felt it might be an object akin to the very stone in his possession, though his was without power at the current moment in time. The Absol had intended to power the stone upon his return to work, though he admittedly wished he had done so earlier.

Their strategizing merely brought the Absol's smirk right on back however. No more running and no retreat. From tears of fear speaking of plans, the two had come far from the original encounter, for certain. "If you are both comfortable with that plan, then so be it. I'm ready to get this underway as soon as you two are. However, when they're immobilised, give them hell, but just knock them unconscious at most. We can determine what to do with them from there" the Absol spoke, his tone calm and collected in nature, yet delivered in an authoritative manner. Victory would be worthwhile, though not if one surrendered to their own hatred and malice. The Absol intended to make absolute certain that wouldn't happen.
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: Dark business in Shadowhue   Dark business in Shadowhue - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 08, 2018 10:12 pm

What first started as fear had disappeared. Yigo felt relief in planning their way out. Yes, it was true that the consequences of failure were going to be fatal, that fear was still strong, but the aspects of teamwork reinforced his will to continue. Failure after failure, the ground type had always loathed being the one in danger, the one that needed a rescue, it was due to his desperate condition that he decided to acquire the crystal. It was a quick way to acquire power, to defend others and become like Yigo´s saviours. He dreamed of becoming perhaps not a hero but, at least, someone helpful. Was this day a trial by the earthy python so that he could achieve his wish? It was not like he had gotten closer to that objective since he´s met Tina. Just as usual, it all ended up in terrible failure for him. A rescue was needed yet it was obvious that their saviour could not handle the situation alone. They needed help, they needed to cooperate, they need Yigo.

Just thinking about that made him anxious. Yigo stood on his fours, his favourite stance aside from the ball-shaped curl, while his body simply waved up and down. His tail swished back and forth while the other two pokemon decided to add their contribution to the plan. How odd taking into account that he was scared to death the previous instant. Yigo avoided the more dark thoughts. His role in the plan was not the one of combat. He didn´t have to even fight! He just had to feel the fire-type´s footsteps stomp the ground and just dig below her "That´s a bummer. I can only dig so fast. If you want me to follow on your footsteps, you´ll need to move slowly" That was the only thing he could think of if they were not going to stay in there. Yigo picked up on the fennekin´s looks. She still felt like she was coping with too much. Looking at her was a shot back at reality, where plans might go wrong. After all, if something were to go wrong, the one that it was sure to suffer was her. If things turned out to be bleaker than expected, Yigo would be safe right below a thick layer of grass and dirt whereas Deimos could remain hidden until the storm had passed. It was easy to see why she was nervous. Yigo pressed his cheek against the fire-type´s side, purring as it ran all the length in a pleasant fashion "W-We are not going to fail. Everything´s going to be fine" He tried to calm her, giggling and smiling back at her. Her own happiness - or ability to fake it - was probably what kept Yigo on his nerves. He needs her to be calm or cracks would start showing on Yigo´s facade.

"But... uhm... Deimos... I think that I´d leave the fighting to you" It was icky for Yigo to imagine himself piercing more bugs with his bare claws or squashing them with the weight of his body. Some Coragunk had shown him the value of combat but, having someone that was not only capable but excelled at it, felt unnecessary "I will stay with Tina underground while you deal with them... she must-" he looked at Tina a bit downcast. She was probably in the same mindset as he was. It was probably less harmful to her avoiding to see her pursuers, no matter whether or not they were in a vulnerable state "I-If something went wrong... I´ll surface to lend you a paw" he´d risen his left front paw and pointed to Deimos in a focused and determined fashion, his eyes not hesitating, nailed on the absol. Yigo wanted to make sure that he found the sandshrew to be trustworthy "...and collapse the tunnel behind me. If I can´t protect you, I will at least make sure that you don´t get caught again" he assured the fennekin. Not even himself was sure of that but he knew that it was what his mother would have done where he in Tina´s situation.

"I-I´m ready when you are..." A deep breath would follow, leaving among the hot air Yigo´s upbeat. That last promise sounded grim enough to break his smile but, if that´d made Tina feel safer, it´d be worth it.
Back to top Go down
Lumin

Lumin

PostSubject: Re: Dark business in Shadowhue   Dark business in Shadowhue - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 08, 2018 11:59 pm

For some reason, Tina had been really hoping for one of the others to propose a better plan. Perhaps one that didn't put her directly in the line of fire. But instead, Yigo only offered his input, and Deimos had nothing to add except for more pep talk. She supposed it was only appropriate. The cult wanted her, after all, not them. So... if things went south then maybe they'd only kill her, and let Deimos and Yigo go. She hadn't told them much, so far. Certainly not enough to warrant her pursuers necessitating the elimination of all witnesses. However... if the plan did fail, they might just murder her new companions in front of her for the fun of it...

Just thinking about that possibility sapped a huge chunk of courage out of the Fennekin, but just as she felt herself regressing into a quivering ball of terror, the Sandshrew began to nuzzle against her, stirring up the heat naturally radiating from her fur. Tina shuddered involuntarily before the chill was replaced with a soothing warmth. She could tell he was trying to bolster her confidence just like she had done for him, and the fire-type couldn't help mirroring the younger Pokemon's smile, letting loose a soft giggle as well.

She was so grateful to see him excited about the prospect of succeeding, but he was clearly still afraid deep down. However, Tina wondered if he feared more for her now, than himself. He seemed to get rather choked up about the idea of anything happening to her, and she couldn't help sharing that mutual concern. If she did ending up dying, she didn't want to be responsible for either of their deaths. Although Deimos was the most likely of the three to survive an assault, thanks to his natural inclination towards foreseeing--or in some Mon's opinions, causing--disasters.

It was because of the Absol's presence though, that Tina still had any scrap of courage left in her. Without his strength and authority, she would certainly be lost, if not dead by now. He was the literal pillar that supported their tiny group, and for some reason, she couldn't stop blushing now whenever she looked in his direction. Unfortunately, it was an automatic reaction, and the fact she couldn't control it was beginning to frustrate her.

She was grateful for Yigo's distraction, as he swore to protect her from being capture, but she only smiled half-heartedly before her lips sank into a worried scowl. "Th... that's sweet, Yigo," she said softly, petting his rough, sandy head, "But it's not getting caught I'm worried about, really..."

Tina tried to smile, but why? Maybe she was trying to make a joke. To lighten the mood. Instead, she'd just made his remark all the more morbid. She could feel fear still clutching her heart, trying to suck the will to fight out of her, but she struggled to resist it. Even if she had to draw on the strength of those around her, she refused to go out with a whimper. That wasn't why she'd come all this way, and endured all the hardships she'd been dealt.

As she psyched herself up for the road ahead, the Fennekin's fur began to bristle with small flames blinking in and out of existance, like her entire body was attempting to catch fire from the inside out. She took several deep, calming breaths, focusing her mind to rid herself of all extraneous emotions that wouldn't help her survive the coming encounter. Eventually the red fur in her ears crackled and lit up with flames that didn't go out this time.

"I... think I'm ready as well," she said finally with a lengthy exhale. Her tears had all evaporated, and much of the debris in her matted fur had been reduced to ash, but she still wasn't the picture of beauty she'd always aimed to achieve. That sad fact, piled on top of everything else, was what she looked forward to avenging the most. They'd ruined her looks long before they'd worn down her spirit, and she sought to return the favor. With blood if she could.

For the pain and psychological torment they put her through, she wanted to disfigure them all. Permanently. And the more she sank into those dark thoughts, to build a shield of anger around her frightened heart, the hotter her ears burned and the brighter the flames that lit the small clearing where they'd taken refuge. The fire gradually died down, but she was no less angry. In fact, now she was driven by her rage. "No sense waiting any longer... They'll be waiting, so let's go," she said darkly, before marching forward towards the underbrush.

The ground sizzled under her feet with each step, until she stopped abruptly and sat down to look back at Yigo and Deimos. As determined as she appeared, there was a sheepish undertone in her voice as she asked, "Oh, uhm... neither of you would happen to actually... know the way back, would you...?"
Back to top Go down
Blade12

Blade12

PostSubject: Re: Dark business in Shadowhue   Dark business in Shadowhue - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2018 6:19 pm

The Absol himself merely maintained his for the most part confident expression and appearance, wanting to try and help keep spirits up. In many ways it was more difficult than one might have expected for the typically less than social being they were relying on. Word's weren't a common weapon or bastion of hope that the Absol typically preferred. he would often prefer to use deed's instead of actions but at this present moment he knew clearly that such prefferences were inconsequential.

Action's might bring terror or hope but without communication any form of organized resistance would be foolhardy at the least. Even a poor tactician could understand that much. The ability to plan and work together was a blessing that he and his companions had been blessed with in this trying of times. He was no master tactician or anything of the sort but he truly appreciated how co-operative they had become now. The Absol contorted it's expression into the form of a smile, as if to try and appear reassuring in their chances.

Behind his exterior expression however, his concern continued to mount. Tina's difficulty in looking at him with a straight face caused him to believe that his order to knock them just unconscious would result in less co-operation from the one who had suffered the most. His thoughts returned to her prior scowling. Once more he felt absolutely compelled to ensure that her paw's remain unsullied. In his eyes, it was better to leave such a task to one already sullied, even if such an event had unfolded during to exterior influences. He feared that he might have to raise his claw's against her if she continued on the path of hate. He understood how such an act could appear as if he'd lied about which side he was on but if diplomacy failed, force would be neccessary.

Not wanting to let such thoughts visibly come to the surface, he softy shook his head before returning his focus to them both. The Absol nodded approvingly on the suggestion of leaving violence to him for the most part. Perhaps if he dealt with them and left them alive, he could protect them from Tina's hatred. They didn't deserve mercy in his opinion. Mercy... was due to Tina, weither she liked it or not. He had no intent on letting her become a malicious being, just another murderer driven by hate. The world needed far fewer of those than were actually in existance. Preventing another from coming into existance was now his primary cause.

"Alright, just keep her safe once the fighting has begun. I intend to take them down quickly and then take them into the relevant authorities. They may not deserve mercy, but do their families and loved ones deserve to suffer for their deed's? Like it or not, those families, fathers, mothers and children don't deserve to suffer" The Absol spoke, now making his intent of what to do with their opposition known. He felt it neccessary to make such intend clear, especially considering he was the only one who knew the way back to the three enemies defeated prior. He wanted to get any class of intentions out of the way before they placed themselves under a timer.
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: Dark business in Shadowhue   Dark business in Shadowhue - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 9:51 pm

Tina looked... odd. The uneasiness of her smile was evident, she was having issues with the plan. It was understandable, not even Yigo alone could make Tina feel better and even less so when the stakes were high on her side. Clenched teeth were the components of her smile but Yigo knew better than that. That smile... he had seen that, he had felt that. Trying to offer a helping hand to the fire type, he stopped on the spot, flinching at the pyrotechnic display of Tina´s volatile fur.

Not hiding his fear towards her, he quickly rushed on his fours towards the Absol´s side. Something was definitely not right Tina. She was turning feral, she had a thirst for blood. Within a moment, she looked like escaping was not her priority, but the death of her prosecutors "T-Tina..." Yigo mumbled, feeling somewhat safer at the side of Deimos. Even if he only said complicated words - some of which the young mind of Yigo couldn´t contextualize what they meant- he was cold and rational whereas he was guardian to someone driven by emotions: first fear, now anger. How could have she turned into a savage beast from her former, cuddly and motherly self? Was it safe to stay near her anymore?

Her voice turned dark and frightening! Yigo could only tremble at the sight of such changes. However, he had promised to help her and they were still outnumbered. Her footsteps left cinder behind which Yigo soon was forced to step on while following on her steps... until she turned around, sat in her place and looked at them. Such a turn made Yigo instantly fall on his back, curl into the shape of a ball and roll backwards until he was safe again near Deimos´ presence. If it wasn´t because his skin wouldn´t allow it, sweat would cover most of his hide. "N-No... I don´t know the way back either..." His gaze shifted to the Absol. Sure, Yigo could use the clues of the environment to figure out where they were and where to go; however, Deimos was the one that had brought them here. Besides, he should be getting ready to dig some tunnels!

Shily turning away from his companion´s sight, he started dulling his claws by clenching them against the other and some nearby stones. Once their tips were more round and not so prone to breaking, he started to dig a test hole, not bigger than the size of his body. It has taken him about five seconds which was definitely not fast enough to keep on with Tina´s advance. Downcast and afraid to disappoint his partners, he quickly filled out the hole "I-I´m... ready. I´m sure that there are better ways to go about digging but I will need some time in between clawfuls of dirt. This is not quite like sand..." Maybe that was not such a great idea. Was there any other way to go about it or to make Yigo dig through faster? He had no dig TM and, thus, he couldn´t just dive inside the dirt or make massive breaches so others could follow. Perhaps Tina could help in that regard? "Remember... I need you to move a bit slow. Maybe you could pretend that you are injured..."

He´d remain there, by Deimos´ side. Waiting for someone to answer and to start the march. He´d just trail behind and bury himself when the order was given. It was finally time to go.
Back to top Go down
Lumin

Lumin

PostSubject: Re: Dark business in Shadowhue   Dark business in Shadowhue - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 5:40 pm

For all the anger and hate in her heart, when Tina saw the terror she'd inspired in the poor Sandshrew, she felt a pang a shame. She lowered her head slightly and looked away in an unconscious attempt to hold onto her rage. If she let any other emotions sway her, the plan would fail. The Fennekin needed to stay focused; confident and brave, like Deimos. But... it still hurt her to see Yigo so afraid of her. Was he fearful of the fire, or was it the change in her mood? She'd only wanted him to feel safe...

I'm sorry.. it's for your own safety as much as mine, she thought to herself, trying to rationalize her new conviction. She needed to stay mad. She needed to be furious. If she stopped for even a second, fear would take over again, and she couldn't let that happen again.

Tina didn't want to be afraid anymore. And she was willing to do whatever was necessary to get there. Though she still hesitated at the idea of killing her abusers, if push came shove, she wanted to believe she wouldn't give in a second thought. They would certainly have murderous intent when they inevitably attack. And what if the orb failed to freeze them all? Or worse, if the pit-trap failed to protect her and Yigo from its influence? They'd be trapped and surrounded, and eventually the effects would wear off.

It was a dark possibility to consider, but she had to be ready to fight to the death, if that happened. And so, for Yigo's sake, she needed to stay as mad as possible. She couldn't comfort him now, even if she tried. Her expression had twisted into a scowl, and her ear tufts were constantly flickering with flames. Tina only continued to make a bad impression when, upon hearing the Absol advocating for leniency on her tormentors, she flew into a rage.

"A-are you kidding me?!" she snapped, standing sharply and spinning around to glare at Deimos. She was still blushing, but it was as much from anger as it was embarrassment. The Fennekin was taking out her growing hate on the Absol, but she had good reason behind her heated words. "You... you have no idea what they've done! What--kind of monsters they are!" she hissed, the flames in her ears burning higher and hotter with every word, "Being allowed to live is all the mercy they'll get from me."

Because I want them to live so that they can regret the day they ever met me, she finished in her head.

She had no intention of revealing her desire to disfigure their would-be foes, as she was certain that Deimos would disapprove. As badly as she wanted to emulate that noble stature and strong sense of morality, and be a good example for the young Yigo, this was a life and death situation. And on top of that, they'd made a monster out of her by toying with her vanity. And for that she'd seek due vengeance.

Relishing in those thoughts of mutilation helped to keep the fire raging in her heart, but it was only darkening her mood with each passing second. And now she was beginning to get agitated. Such that when Yigo finally spoke up, after practicing his hole-digging, she reacted sharply with a burst of flames from her ears and a shift of her hard glare from one male to the other. As he was trying to explain a particular problem with the current terrain, Tina realized she was still staring daggers at the poor Sandshrew.

She blinked and looked away for a moment, trying to soften her gaze while he suggested she fake injury, but words came up out of her almost involuntarily in response. "No. They won't fall for that. If we're being watched, then they'll know I'm able to fight again. They... also know I can't beat them. I know what I need to do, Yigo. Don't worry," she said as softly as she could.

Though with teeth clenched and bearing another false grin that belied the fire in her eyes, she likely only came off as intimidating. However, for a moment there were tears there, trying to escape before swiftly evaporating from the intense heat she was radiating. She couldn't even maintain that sorry excuse for a smile more than a few seconds before reverting back to a stern look of determination, at which point Tina turned back to Deimos and huffed in annoyance, "So which way are we going, fearless leader?"
Back to top Go down
Blade12

Blade12

PostSubject: Re: Dark business in Shadowhue   Dark business in Shadowhue - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 15, 2018 12:49 pm

Deimos at this point was no longer amused in the slightest. He understood well that if  the two lad's didn't act soon, she'd be lost to them. He knew pain well enough, he knew rage and anger could prove useful at times, for helping one push past the greatest of adversity. He also knew however that rampant emotion could absolutely consume someone. That much he'd learned from personal experience, first from the landslide and second from his own encounter with those Seviper.  

In all honesty, he reckoned the Sandshrew was actually being a heck of a lot smarter than he would have expected of a young one. The Absol appreciated the pokemon good instincts, especially since it had seemed to come to the exact same conclusion the Absol had. Yigo had recognized just as well as he had the downward spiral into depths of rage that the Fennekin was undergoing. He knew he couldn't permit any form of advance until the situation was defused.

The Absol gently petted Yigo on the head in as manner intended to reassure him, almost like how a father might playfully ruffle their kid's hair. Leaning in closer to the Sandshrew, Deimos had a plan. "Please be paitent, this need's to be resolved before we can move on. I suggest you find some cover, this might run the risk of violence" Deimos spoke in a hushed whisper. He viewed it being much better keeping the Sandshrew out of harms way.

Now leaning back away, Deimos turned his gaze right back to the Fennekin. Like it or not, it was time to deal with this issue. If she started gettiny Violent, the Absol intended to knock her unconscious with the least amount of force possible. He didn't overtly want to hurt anyone, but the Fennekin's reaction and tone gave him all the strength of will he needed. Sorry if this one hurts, Tina.

The Absol rose to it's full height upon it's four legs, his facial expression dipping back into it's near emotionless resting state that so many of his encounters had been dominated by. He was relying on it being difficult to read as had been attested by most of his prior acquaintances, after all, this could end violently.

The Absol stopped just before her, as if completly unfazed by the risk of being potentially set ablaze. There was no time for fear, ony action. His gaze darkened before a moment before he went for a sudden slap across the right side of her face. He wasn't aiming to put his full strength into it, just enough to show he wasn't going to tolerate her behaviour. His gaze became fierce, displaying that there was indeed anger lurking within the typically calm and composed frame of the Absol. His gaze however, soon softened.

"We aren't going anywhere until you've calmed down. Yes i understand they've mistreated you, yes i understand they ABSOLUTELY deserve all the pain that comes to them. You act as if i don't understand that, but you should keep in mind you aren't the only one who's suffered" Deimos spoke, though is anger was present in his tone, one could also recognize gentleness, as if he wasn't going all out. He almost sounded dissapointed. "If you give them hell, if you end their lives or leave their flesh contorted in a manner through which they shall be left permanently suffering then you have BECOME them. Is that what you want? Do you want to fall to their influence? That's the path you'll find yourself bound to for the rest of your life if you do" He spoke, raising his voice only at key points so as to only further emphasive his view upon the matter. His manner of speech however was recognizable. It was almost like... A father scolding a misbehaving child, yet being willing to give them another chance. There was kindness in there, aiming to bring one back from the brink.

The Absol let off a soft sigh, shaking his head before reaffirming his gaze, now stern. Look, i understand why you might be doing this, grasping to anger and hate to keep advancing forward. I can't blame you for it, but you're falling too deep. If you let yourself be consumed with anger and hate you will only bring suffering to those around you, loved ones and friends especially. Do not, let it consume you, no matter what happens. NEVER. LET. IT. CONSUME. YOU! He continued, at this point almost reciting the exact words a loved one had told him in his own darkest hour. Sorry sis, going to have to borrow your wording for now, with a change from saddness and pain to anger and hate.

The Absol once more softened it's gaze before shaking his head disapprovingly. He barely had any right to speak of such subjects but he knew well enough that ir he didn't he'd simply see another suffer as he had. He couldn't let it happen. "In the end, if it does consume you, it won't be the enemy that gets us killed, it will be your own anger and hatred. I will not idly stand aside and watch as one gets consumed and i most certainly won't stand alive and let another murderer be formed before my eyes." He spoke before solemnly shaking his head. He was drawing up on his sisters influence again... perhaps she was rubbing off on him a little.
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: Dark business in Shadowhue   Dark business in Shadowhue - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2018 2:28 pm

Yigo had enough time to observe the full development of Tina´s transformation from marshmallow to terror. Just like her personality, her fur had turned from shaken yet still soft to spiky, harsh and fiery to the point in which Yigo feared that, if he were to touch her again, his hardened hide would catch on fire. Her eyes were probably the most terrifying fact about her new attitude, making Yigo fall onto his hind legs and sit there, paralysed. No leer, no glare could best those eyes in transmitting Yigo with fear. Her speech was one full of hatred and pain.

Mouth open and paws pressed against his body, Yigo realised that she was testing them so that she could claim power over them, like a male at their best trying to shun his competitors out of the leadership of a pack. Yigo was happy not leading them yet he couldn´t allow being that scared of someone that he was supposed to be his ally. And so, after the initial flinch, Yigo stood up again and brought his serious face to the scene. It was perhaps a bit shaky an inconsistent and maybe he was thinking too much about having a straight face instead of reaching an agreement with the group but he was not going to show fear anymore. He was with the group until the deeds were done.

It wasn´t until Deimos´ petting - from which Yigo nerves decided to calm upon - when he noticed that something was not right. He was warning about violence. Why tho? Was he going to break a log or some-

The slap was probably not that loud but, to Yigo, it was the only sound around them. It was no move. No claw sunk deep into Tina´s skin yet it felt like it had hurt. With eyes wide and a shocked squeak, Yigo extended his hand towards the fire type and got ready to step forward and get the absol out of her way; at least, until he began to talk with a tone devoided of his usual calm and coldness. He was possessed by the same feeling that overwhelmed the fire type as his ideas clashed with the message of hatred that Tina had preached about before. There were two possible outcomes now: either Tina surrendered to the authority of Deimos or she fought to claim leadership over him and Yigo. The ground type quickly realised what the absol meant and began digging a small hole in which he could shelter from any backlash that interaction could produce. With rush and panic yet efficiently, Yigo ended up curled in to the size of a ball, conveniently fitting the hole he had just made for the occasion.

Now he had to choose a side, a stance to support. He truly wanted Deimos to win the argument as his message was the one that was more merciful. After all, they weren´t there to fight, even less so maim other pokemon, they were there to help the young fennekin escape from her captors. Any more violence, any bloodshed, would only bring them issues. Yigo himself still had nightmares about the time he himself was lead by ire and wrath. His claws once struck deep into light blue plumage while his tiny teeth demanded flesh. It had been personally embarrassing and he didn´t want to see more of that. "Please, no more. Please... no more" he mumbled in his little hole, waiting for the time in which a resolution was found among the two clashing pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Lumin

Lumin

PostSubject: Re: Dark business in Shadowhue   Dark business in Shadowhue - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 1:56 am

When the Absol had turned his attention to Yigo, petting him gently on the head and warning him to seek shelter, Tina's resolve faltered ever so slightly. The Fennekin hadn't realized until now that she'd assumed such an aggressive stance, but Deimos clearly expected that violence might ensue as a result. She... didn't really want to fight though, did she? No... Of course she did, but she wanted to fight the Pokemon that were trying to kill her. Not square off with the disaster Pokemon himself. Seeing him prepare for a battle himself though, what choice did she have?

Shifting into a defensive stance, the small fire-type stared up at the approaching Absol with an expression contorted by a rage she was beginning to lose control of. The sight of Yigo disappearing into a hole in the ground quickly became a distant memory as the white-haired monolith bore down on her, but she stood her ground. She was prepared to defend herself if she had to, even from the one who'd already saved her once before. This could very have been his plan all along. To lure her into a false sense of security and then kill her himself. Yeah... that could make sense...

Deimos was still an unknown variable, and while that mystery was appealing to her adventurous side, he was also a free agent. He was only helping because he'd overheard Tina talking to Yigo, after all. Which mean he had been eavesdropping. So maybe she was right to be cautious then. Maybe she was right the first time and he really was bad. He had to be if he really planned on attacking her right now.

And yet... she still couldn't stop blushing. Why, why?! Why I can't I look him in the eye without feeling like this..? I have to be strong like him, but he just makes me feel so... so... weak! she thought, with a sudden dip into rage. Dark thoughts were continuing to feed her fire until she found herself mad at Deimos himself.

He was so perfect, and better than her. He was confident and brave, never flinching, never showing any sign of weakness. It... made her so angry that he could be so flawless. She just wanted to... to wipe that dumb... blank look off his--!

The strike to her face came so suddenly it jarred Tina from her fuming, snapping her head to the side sharply and stunning her so completely that her fires all snuffed out in an instant. Smoke billowed from her ears briefly before the flames reignited, but the Fennekin's anger was slow to build again as she stumbled back and looked up at the intimidating Absol that loomed over her, with an open-mouthed look of disbelief. At that moment she felt very, very small... He hadn't even struck her with a recognized attack. It was just his paw and all the force he'd cared to deliver to her face. And it still hurt. Perhaps more emotionally than physically, but Deimos' expression suggested that it was merely a tiny taste of the violence he could dish out.

It was certainly enough to temper the flames in her heart long enough to hear him out, however the longer she listened to his oppressive sense of morality, the quicker her anger turned into resentment. He was every inch the model of a Rescue Team member, the very profession she'd been striving to enter into, and yet he wasn't even wearing a badge. Which meant he was just... naturally a better Pokemon than most. He was... literally everything she wanted to be. Someone who helped others not because it was their job, but because it was the right thing to do.

Even now he was trying to save her from her own aching desire for revenge. Why? Why was he trying so hard to stop her from easing her conscious her own way? What did he know about pain and suffering? He had no clue of the torment she'd endured, or the atrocities her pursuers were guilty of. But he kept pushing his ideals, creating an ever growing conflict inside Tina as she struggled to cling to her hate and rage. No... I have to be angry... if I stop I... I'll lose everything...!

Once the seed had been planted in her conscience though, it was only a matter of time until her anger eroded enough for other emotions to seep in again. And the first to strike her was grief, when Deimos finally revealed the driving force behind his valiant effort to stem the flow of hate pouring into Tina. He... was trying to save her from becoming a... a murderer. But he said... another murderer. Did that mean...?

The Fennekin's rage seemed to vanish then as she took a few more steps back, wobbling slightly. Her jaw trembled as she looked up at Deimos again, but this time she couldn't meet his gaze, and looked away in shame. Shaken to her core by the Absol's appeal to her better nature, she was helpless to stop the tears that came, even though her body was still so hot that they evaporated immediately into steady trails of vapor.

"No, I... I wasn't..." she tried to say, her voice quivering as she struggled to find the words to speak, "Deimos... please, I... I didn't plan to kill them, I just... I... I just want them to know a fraction of the pain that I endured... I-I--want them to know what it feels like... w-what it felt like... to know that they might die. That... there was nothing they could do about it... and... no hope of escape or rescue. I... I want them to suffer like I had to... It... it's not fair..."

By now much of the fight had left her, and Tina's temperature had even begun to drop until her tears were streaming steadily down her cheeks. Her legs had started to tremble beneath her as well. Sadness was quick to fill the void left by such red hot rage, and it sapped the strength from her muscles, which ached as if she'd been tensing the whole time. "I... need to be mad... please... don't take this from me..." she whimpered, but it was already too late, "I don't... have the courage... I don't have the strength... to win without it..."

With her head hung low, the Fennekin gave in to sobbing. Even now she couldn't help but feel frustrated. Teeth clenched and eyes squeezed shut, she was struggling to choke back the anguish. She was as much upset by the fact she couldn't stop crying, as she was for having succumb to her emotions in the first place. But at least for now, she'd been effectively defused.
Back to top Go down
Blade12

Blade12

PostSubject: Re: Dark business in Shadowhue   Dark business in Shadowhue - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 2:42 pm

Deimos had taken a moment to pause and catch his breath after his little prior speech, having borrowed strongly from the influence his beloved Sister had over him. Even back before the loss, she'd always done her best to help keep the spirits and moods up of all those around her in their own ways. She always came to rescue those on the verge of quitting, regardless of who they were. He wanted to try and emulate that in his deeds, at least for the time being.

With his Sister deep in mind, Deimos carefully observed the Fennekin, watching both for violent actions but also to try and find any form of insight into her thoughts that he could. Deimos was no mind reader, he had no way of knowing the thoughts occuring within ones mind. Paying close attention to the situation was an absolute neccessity. If it did turn violent, he intended to strike quickly after all, before any harm could come to environment around them. A giant forest fire didn't sound fun to be stuck in.

It didn't take long however for the Absol to recognize the telltale signs of grief. Though upsetting her greatly hadn't been his objective, Deimos couldn't blame her for it. It was definitely true he could handled the situation more delicately, though nothing could change what was done. He'd upset her while trying to prevent her from losing control, like it or not it was his responsibility to keep moving forward, to try and cheer her up.

Calmy, Deimos glanced back to the hole Yigo had dug himself into. He hoped in truth that he hadn't upset the Sandshrew like the Fennekin with his actions. As selfish as it might sound, the fewer individuals he had to cheer up at the moment the better. He lacked experience in cheering up others, he was one who had already almost given in to his own pain and sorrows. He was more used to being the one cheered up than vice versa.

"You can come out now Yigo. The threat of violence is gone" Deimos called to the youngest of his current companions, keeping any and all of his anger out of his tone and words. He most certainly didn't want to make things worse, even though his actions had never particularly been delicate in nature.

Soon enough he returned to Tina, moving closer to the one he'd upset. Relaxing somewhat, Deimos moved slowly, gently resting his head next to hers, forward legs gently resting upon her form. He was mimicking what those with true arms would call a hug. He wanted to reassure her both that there was no bad blood between them. Deimos of course was concerned about the concept of her ears suddenly lighting up again, he wasn't flame resistant. For the time being however, he couldn't let that concern guide him.

Trying to be as gentle as possible, Deimos left room for the Fennekin to get out if it felt the need to do so. "It's not about being fair. It about you not losing yourself to the very anger and pain they instilled in you. Hang on to the anger if you must... But please remember, you must be the one in control, you need to know when to stop before you go too far. You might not have wanted to kill, but when emotion and instincts take full control what you want is often exactly the opposite of what happens." Deimos spoke, his tone gentle in nature in comparison to the emotionless and harsh tones that were often employed by the Absol.

"As for just wanting them unconcious... Please just hear me out. Lets just say if we didn't do this... you lost control and brought a life to an end. Lets just say, i've witnessed the very life draining from the eyes of a loved one. The pain it instills can break people, both in heart and mind. Some might swear vengance, starting a bloody spiral for all involved. Others... might break down and make the choice to join their lost loved ones. I know that pain, what it's like to be on the brink of losing oneself. I refuse to stand aside and let others suffer like i have, if i can do something to prevent it. I don't care about our attackers, i care about the innocents who will be stuck with a life of suffering if i don't act" Deimos spoke with a sorrowful tone and gaze. He personally hated talking about his own loss. This was a rare instance in which he felt it could help however. He figured that perhaps if she understood why he wanted her to remain in control, it might influence her eventual decision.

Gently leaning back and off of her, Deimos formed a confidant gaze. He didn't want to seem weak before them both. They were counting on him and his orb after all. "Now come on, no surrender just yet. Hold onto that anger, but let's not advance towards the dark. Let us charge towards dawn's first light".
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: Dark business in Shadowhue   Dark business in Shadowhue - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 28, 2018 1:34 am

The situation was obviously getting out of control. Both of the pokemon came to blows. Since he´d gotten into his own little hole, he´s heard nothing. No follow up or growls or words. Just some cold steps and a few sobs with Tina´s voice to follow. She´d been speaking of needing to be angry, to let her enact revenge as it was her only drive to face her captors again. Her words were dark and even send shivers down the spine of Yigo. The sandshrew might have been underground and curled into the size of a ball but he was still eavesdropping the conversation. There might be a moment in which he was forced to intervene. In the meantime, he´d have to suffer Tina´s corrupted ideas. She was not happy with them, he could feel it in her tone. 'Murder... murder...' he thought to himself. That´s not what he´d signed up for. No, he was definitely not going to follow that route. Yigo had already been on the verge of killing a pokemon and saw the death of one in front of his eyes. The image of the blood of said corpse slowly flowing onto his feet... that was a nightmare that he couldn´t escape and, unlike the deaths that Tina could cause, that death was unavoidable, the result of a fast, emergency reaction and in self-defence. No, Yigo was not ready, never ready to deliver a killing blow or to allow it.

With a calm voice that could only belong to the ashen-furred beast, Yigo was invited to come out of his hiding place. Despite Deimos´ attempt, assuring that no more violence was coming, Yigo was still terrified about the prospect of murder. It would take him some more time before his mind was set straight, his body stopped trembling and braved out of the ball shape and was ready to cooperate with the two pokemon "N-No! I-I´m..." He tried to muster between sobs. Inside the hole with the earth embracing his hide and where no one would hear him be weak or cry, Yigo found himself safe.

Yigo´s senses, on the other hand, prevented him from feeling peace. He could still hear Deimos´ voice, now much less severe and loud while becoming more emotional in exchange. The absol´s words seemed to have come from experience, his story taking form on the other side of Yigo´s nightmare, the side closer to the fallen pokemon. Deimos had seen someone loved fall and it was not going to come back. Never. Tina was never to be driven by her emotions to kill since those would only cause suffering. If only she could feel what Yigo felt after the first thrust of his claw to a heart or after his most beloved friend slashed a throat in front of him to save the life of the ground type himself. No hugs or apologies could help Yigo forget that another pokemon lay dead, its blood washing over his feet while he just stood there, paralysed. Tina needed to know that.

The ground type sighed, took a deep breath and tried to uncurl himself... but, in his rush to find some cover, he had stuck himself in that hole. He´d need to dig another tunnel up to the surface. Clawful after clawful, he managed to surface, finding the two pokemon lied down beside the other. The expression of the fire type was the one of a broken pokemon, conflicted and disappointed; on the other hand, the dark type appeared to be grieving, lost in a past memory before his face turned expressive and determined, claiming that they´d strike when after the night. Yigo looked at the absol, one of his front paws swiping any potential tear out of his face, and started to trot on his fours gently and steadily. He imagined that he could follow his example and get rid of his sad face and go for something more cheerful! His smile was obviously forced and not very convincing yet that was the best he could fake at that time.

His steps soon formed a circle around the pair without noticing as Yigo silently decided to lie down beside Tina, covering her remaining flank and trying to warm up a little more "T-That´s nice. We will have some time to rest and chat before going to b-battle" Why did that last word feel awkward? It was completely awkward. Abort! Abort! He needed to change the subject now! "U-Uhm...  once I get back to Grassveil, I´m going to spend a full day with an Igglibuff that is really close to me... we are going to visit fun places and eat lotsa food. I´m so hungry right now..." Yigo let out a quiet chuckle, blushing a little and turning away "...W-We barely know each other so... I wanted to know what you´d like to do after this is over. Maybe I could come with you if you have any fun plans that involve food... I don´t exactly have anyone waiting back at Grassveil so I´m free to join any crazy adventure!"
Back to top Go down
Lumin

Lumin

PostSubject: Re: Dark business in Shadowhue   Dark business in Shadowhue - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 29, 2018 11:42 pm

The moment Deimos called out to the Sandshrew, to assure him the danger had passed, Tina winced involuntarily and bit her lip in shame. So the Absol actually was anticipating that a fight might break out. The Fennekin didn't know whether to feel offended by the assumption, or guilty for the simple fact that, very briefly, she had actually considered it. Either way, she couldn't stop shedding tears in anguish. She'd fallen silent however, as she struggled not to lose what remained of her misguided anger. Lest her last ounce of bravery be snuffed out.

It wasn't easy, though. Knowing how terribly she'd frightened poor Yigo with the fiery, physical manifestation of all the hate boiling inside her, made her heart ache terribly. This wasn't how a Rescue Team member would behave. If she ever hoped to achieve that dream, she needed to inspire confidence and hope in others, like Deimos. And so far it seemed she had only inspired fear in the young Sandshrew. She was well on her way to sinking deeper into that grief, until she sensed the Absol's presence.

At first she stiffened, as though expecting a less friendly touch, but as she felt his head brush gently against her's she gradually relaxed. His forelegs then wrapped around her like arms for an awkward embrace, and for a few seconds Tina blushed brightly--literally--as she realized she was being hugged. Luckily, her ears had died down to a smoldering glow, which simply grew in intensity rather than reigniting into open flames, but the heat they radiated was still rather intense.

She'd been gratefully quick to accept the Absol's counselling, rather than let her embarrassment consume her again. The poor Fennekin had endured enough emotional rollercoasters for now, without getting caught up in her conflicted feelings for Deimos again. So she took great care to focus on his words, rather than the fact he was practically whispering them into her ears. And much to her dismay, she had to agree with much of what he had to say.

There was no doubt, even in her own mind, that she'd very nearly let her anger get the better of her. But... she still felt like she had the right to be angry. So she was glad Deimos wasn't planning to extinguish the last of her righteous indignation towards the Pokemon that had tormented and used her for the last several months. Deep down though, she still took great pleasure in imagining the harm she could inflict on her would-be murderers, even if she no longer had the heart to make it a reality.

Tina remained silent and mostly unresponsive to the Absol's ensuing lecture as it dragged on, the Fennekin staring blankly at the ground. Her tears had all but dried up by the time he'd finished. But she understood now. Why he was so intent on sparing her from charging blindly down the path of hate and rage. He too had suffered a terrible tragedy; had been where she was now. Though he didn't elaborate, there was that underlying tone that once more suggested the distaster-type had witnessed, or perhaps even commited a murder in the past.

Unsure how to feel about the implication, the Fennekin felt her hackles rise involuntarily, just moments before the Absol released her from his embrace. Free the let the chill envelop her, Tina shivered and tilted her ears downward. Mostly she was assuming a submissive stance to show her cooperation, but there was also just a hint of fear in that posture as well. Though... it wasn't so much a fear of Deimos himself, but of what he might be capable of, should their plan fail and he be forced to fight for not only his life, but hers and Yigo's as well.

Would he... actually kill to protect us if he had to? she wondered briefly, wiping away the remnants of her tears with her front legs.

"I... understand," Tina said, softly. "Th-thank-you, Diemos. I... I'm sorry. I really don't know what I would've done, or where I would even be right now, if not for you and Yigo. I think... I'm not even sure I'd still be alive. So... by all accounts you've saved me twice, already. I-I promise, I won't let it be in vain. You have my word." Even as the words came out of her mouth she felt her cheeks warm uncomfortably. She couldn't be sure if she was nervous about what she was saying, or the fact she was trying to say to his face with full eye-contact. Either way, she needed a quick distraction, and promptly looked away to locate the youngest of their group.

For awhile, Tina had been vaguely aware of Yigo's whereabouts, but now she spied the Sandshrew circling them. He must've been at it for a little while, after popping out of a second hole he'd made, though by the time her attention returned to him, he was happily approaching her. The ground-type plopped down beside her without a word, cuddling up to her for warmth in such an adorable manner that the Fennekin couldn't help but smile. For his sake, she consciously increased her body temperature, to give him that warm, desert-like aura he was instinctively seeking. She hadn't realized until now that he might have more than one reason to snuggle so closely with her, but she was just relieved that his fear of her had only been temporary.

As Yigo spoke up, the Fennekin gently pet his coarse, sandy hide with an extra warm paw, maintaining a gentle, if not timid smile while he shared his plans for when they returned to town. It was pleasant to see how hopeful he was, and admittedly it was infectious. Even though he still seemed a little worried about the upcoming encounter, he was eager to think of the future and wanted to hear of his companions' plans as well. Which, ironically, was something Tina hadn't the luxury to consider in a while. For so long, her only goal had been to escape her kidnappers. She'd almost given up all hope of ever achieving of dreams. Now that she could take a moment to think about though...

"Well, believe it or not..." she began, half-smirking and grimacing, "Before all... this happened, I was on my way to being a Rescue Team member. But now, I think... I've realized I have a little more growing to do before I'll be ready to try again." Though she sounded somewhat sad about it, she was still smiling weakly, lost in thought. "So... when I get back to town, I'm going to train and get stronger. And then... maybe this'll never happen again. And maybe I'll even be able to stop it from ever happening to anyone else. Like a real hero. Like Deimos..."

When Tina's gaze refocused again, she suddenly realized she was rambling and promptly blushed. "O-o-of course, that's not as interesting as food, right? I could definitely go for something warm and tasty, right now. But... before I do anything else, I... think I should see my parents. They're probably worried sick about me, haha! I'd better let them know I'm not dead or anything. As soon as possible. Definitely number one on my list of things to do, when... when we uhm... not die today."

Looking just a little flustered, Tina cleared her throat and looked to the Absol: "And what about you? I bet you had plans as well, before stumbling across the two of us."
Back to top Go down
Blade12

Blade12

PostSubject: Re: Dark business in Shadowhue   Dark business in Shadowhue - Page 3 EmptySun May 06, 2018 1:19 pm

Deimos merely waited patiently after his little speech, preferring to sit back and observe the situation that would unfold. Though he truly doubted the situation would have any risk of turning volatile, caution remained despite visual cues of submission. His own lack of knowledge of the ones before him forced such after all, he didn't want to hit any sore spots or triggers to make the situation devolve further. He felt it was only fair he didn't overstep ones boundaries.

Upon her return to speaking however, Deimos replied with a gentle nod. She'd already been pushed hard, probably a little too much. Even if they were to go off and begin operation now, it wouldn't end well. Though it was most certainly appreciated that the situation had stabilised, Deimos didn't want to risk making a move until everyone was at their best. Then came Yigo.

Deimos had meant the whole dark and dawn comment as a metaphor but he in truth approved of the Sandshrew's interpretation. Though it would mean standing guard throughout the night, a few hours resting and recuperating would likely help in getting everyone back in optimal condition. Even better however, the enemy would likewise have to keep watch throughout the night or risk losing their mark. Deimos considered the possibility of sneaking by in the night, though that wouldn't bring the issue true closure. People had suffered enough, closure was an absolute neccessity.

Seeing the two support eachother was a welcome site. Deimos finally relaxed in his cautious intent, laying down to conserve energy for the night's watch that he figured he would be best off handling. Tina as far as he could see definitely needed time to recover and rest, both emotionally and physically and no offense to the young Sandshrew, children also need their rest. He did have a certain seed and berry amongst his belongings if he found himself dosing off during the night.

In regards to their personal plans and attempts to better learn about eachother, Deimos listened carefully, not wanting to pry too much. Friends, food, training and adventures? Admittedly something good to eat would nice at the current moment but he didn't have any form of apples to hand... Er, paw? Claw? No matter. The concept of one wanting to join a Rescue Team sounded amusing at best and dangerous at worst. Though aiding those who require it was a noble goal, Deimos already possessed one that he believed far too strongly in to abandon. How the guild would aid it he didn't know or care to learn.

Upon realising that Tina had called him a 'Hero' however, Deimos shook his head. He'd never saw himself as any kind of hero nor did he want to foster beliefs that he was, the more one name's spreads the more likely one could get targeted, or so he believed. "I'm no hero, Tina. Never have been. I've made far too many mistakes to be called that. What you might think as heroism is just me continuing to move forward. I'm just doing what he would do. If i can't even make him proud... what right will i have to face him when nature eventually claims it's due? If i ever cease moving forwards how can i face them with pride? I have no intent on dishonouring their name." Deimos replied. He didn't want to discount the effect her looking upon him as a hero might cause, boosting morale potentially. He personally didn't feel he was anywhere near worthy of such a moniker.

Then came a question directed towards himself. It was a sensible one by nature and by virtue of his temporary companions both already having answered, it would have been rude to likewise reply in kind. "I was progressing towards Fallen Leaf before i came across you both. I intended to gather power to charge the stone in my possession, a powerful one with both to protect... And end life. Beyond that, i intended to return to work and travelling. I'm not the type to just settle down in one place forever after all. Though i might not be able to see all of the world due to the nature of my own physical form, i seek to all i can with my own eye's" Deimos spoke calmly and concisely. He had personally decided to limit what form of information he would give regarding the plans of a complete world map. They weren't the only beings within this forest after all.
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: Dark business in Shadowhue   Dark business in Shadowhue - Page 3 EmptySun May 20, 2018 8:38 pm

The kind words looked like they had reached the pair of pokemon as they both stood in their place sharing stories and hopes. Their expressions were both doubtful, hopeful, sad and happy with some sparks of excitement in them - at least Tina´s expression was as Deimos´ face was always so stern and calm. "A rescue team..." Yigo though to himself. That goal was a wonderful one, yes. Tina would´ve probably fit into a team just right if she just were to control her anger a little bit. From that Igglybuff he knew that someone didn´t need to be strong to become a guildmember, just a strong heart. Yigo tilted his head up upon feeling the paw on the top of his head caressing his thick sandy hide. It felt great to enjoy a spot of heat concentrated into a point like that... but that was not the right spot! At that, Yigo decided to roll over his back, giggling and smiling widely. She´s found his weakpoint! What could Yigo possibly do to defend himself now that his more sensitive and vulnerable skin was revealed?

It wasn´t until Tina mentioned her captivity again when Yigo got to control himself a little, stopping to smile and returning to lie down the way he used to be. The ground type looked at Deimos. The ash furred creature did rescue them both, it was true and a deed deserving the title of hero. However, he denied every single praise thrown his way as if his past actions did affect what he had just done for the pokemon around him. Yigo certainly didn‘t know much about Deimos´ past neither he knew who that 'him' the dark type was referring to was but he decided not to delve further into it. It might be a selfish desire to avoid anything conflict-related right now but Yigo just couldn´t stand hearing about failures and misfortunes at that point. Laughs and giggles were what the sandshrew was working towards and yet the conversations were only going further and further down the dark side, making him regret his decision to open up and ask about their thoughts.

Luckily, it didn´t take them much to explain their motives past their grim backstories. Deimos was someone that just enjoyed travelling the world. Just like Yigo! "a-and how do you plan on doing that, Deimos? I´ve spent years roaming my home desert and there was always something new to discover, even when you just went back to where you started! Mum told me that this world changes constantly so I doubt that you could see it all even if you were immortal" Yigo giggled at the thought of a life where you always ended up discovering something new. If only the ground held such fantastic beauty and diversity of environments, what could places like the seas or skies conceal, ready to be discovered? "Perhaps it´s better that way. You can let yourself be surprised and dream... don´t you think?" He added thoughtfully. It was by the property of that strange world that there was an unlimited amount of treasure available and unlimited gear and food just lying around everywhere although Yigo didn´t exactly know that the anomaly was only reproduced on those dangerous places by the name of 'Mystery Dungeons'.

There we go! Yigo was now somewhat content, smiling and with his tail flailing slowly as he tilted his head towards the other two pokemon. "My mother brought me with her everywhere and I can´t remember setting up camp in the same place. It was so much fun either way so I see why you would like to explore" It would not be fair to leave the fire type out of the conversation so Yigo decided to ask about something that would make her happy and excited. What could that be...? Yigo always had his mother´s memory fresh and it had always kept him pushing forward towards his goal of returning to her sometime. It looked like Tina and Yigo were not so different after all "What about your parents? I bet that they´re explorers too. How do they look like? What kind of food do they cook? Could I join you? I´m starving!" Yigo added with satisfaction, letting a happy squeak come out of him as his muzzle started to poke her side and his paws tried to return the fennekin the favour.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark business in Shadowhue   Dark business in Shadowhue - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark business in Shadowhue
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next