Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

2018 Moderator Applications are now open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Share | 

Getting An Old One

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
FoxFireAlchemist
Dark Ducklett Priestess

Poké : 12658

PostSubject: Getting An Old One   Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

"Go sight-seeing," they said. "You've had enough," they said. "You only go here and to Grassveil, you look antisocial," they said. Yadda yadda yadda. It didn't mean anything until the drinks stopped coming, under the stipulation that they would return if she made one trip to see time thing other than the inn. It had been a tough decision, but the prospect of actually being coherent was displeasurable enough to get the small woman moving, albeit with no shortage of gripes. She literally just picked the first place anyone told her about, some old haunted house that had one cliche disturbing backstory or another. It was in some wasteland, which was at least attractive in the fact that at least it lacked a general populace to make her miserable. She left the next day, despite the protests from people with better sense.

"Ugh."

Well, they were right. This place was a complete wasteland, and the mansion was appropriately an eyesore in the middle of the big fat nothing. Cecíl stood there and stared up at it with distaste. It was a waste of time made crucial by this ultimatum and also by a dwindling in her funds. Between the cost of staying in the inn and the increments of money she had been sending back to her friend, she found she didn't have much wiggle room with her money anymore. By this point, she was supposed to have set up this venture Penny had sent her with and have been supported by the income from that, but... well it had probably been an overly-generous estimation of the demand for that kind of service to begin with, and honestly the petlil just didn't want to think about that right now. It was best not to think about it really. For now she just had to keep making money through other means and definitely NOT think about it.

Cecíl peered in one of the windows of the mansion, trying to get a view of what was inside. This was the first time she had been to a mystery dungeon on her own terms (kind of) and not running some trivial errand to a rescue team in a vain attempt to generate interest and need for this unfounded service. She usually tried to get right in and out again, but in this circumstance that wasn't really an option. She needed to find things that she could pawn, and also this little mandatory trip had a requirement that she bring back a souvenir unique to the house, so rocks wouldn't cut it. This effectively put any plans to go, pick up a rock, and leave off of the table. The window failed to yield any details or landmarks to her, making her pull away with and exasperated grunt. Because going into a structurally-questionable dank old house without any pretense of what she was getting into was exactly what she had been looking to do on this trip. She looked around at the dead courtyard she was in. Where were the dead tourists, anyway? Where was anybody? She hadn't exactly been expecting the place to be a social mecca or anything, but it was a haunted house for god's sake. Bitches love haunted houses. She guessed the purple death vapors were probably a deterrent, but... well, she at least knew the guild had plenty of cocky or starry-eyed  accidents waiting to happen that would eat this shit up regardless.

She kept thinking about things to stall out her entry a little bit more, just to see if anyone would show up so she could avoid getting lost and probably dying in a musty old spook house. The only problem with this was that stalling here also prolonged the time she was away from a good glass of anything that would keep her incoherent, and her current buzz would only last so long. This made her increasingly more impatient with every second she stood there awkwardly in front of this big useless house. Why did it have to take so long for someone to stumble int her???

Cecíl the Shiny Petlil - 2 energy

Å͙͍̳̣͙͕̎b̵͉͔̺̱͍̹̼̋̈a̧̯̱͓̝̰n̟̖̈́ͯd̡̫͇̤̙̹̻̈õ̶͙̆́ͨ̀̃ͥn̟̖̪͍̤̋ͅ ̜̦̠̔̾á̛͖͎̥͎̭͑̽ļ̭͎͙͕̗̽ͯ̅l̩ ̢͖̲͎̤̲ͤͭ̈͛̑̃ḧͩͦ̆ͣ͏̤̭̱̳̮o̫̦̱͇͂ͨp̴̱eͥ̐̍͛ͥ,͍͔̼̜̜͇ ̙͙͂ͪ̇ͭ̎͝y̴̬̒͌͑ͅe̹̟͍͓ ̥̈́͜w͈̝̞̦̘͖̯͗ͤ̊̿ͣ͒ḧ̨͂͊̅̆o̫̜̰ͣ̅̎̊̈̍́ ̴̠̺ͩ͆ͫͣͭͤ̓ͅe̡̳̩̟͓ñ̥̥̹̜t͔̩̜̃ͦ̋ͣė͙̳̯̣̼̈́ͅr̿̓́ ̈͑҉̫̘̠̱͎̰T̵̘̘̗̺͓͍̦ͤ̒̇ͮH̰̺̰̲̦̖͖͚́̄ͮ̋͝Ệ̫͕͂͝ ̢̹͔͖̗̟̣̬͖̔ͯ̑̽C̫̯͓̥͎͌̓ͬ́ͤ͋̾ͭ̚̕͝Ű̮̟̖̝͙̉ͬ̇R̰̣̰͐͛̀̾̂̊͂̚͢͟͞Ṛ̻̟̱̥̗͎̜̓̊͑̄̊͢E̢̖̬̫̤ͦ̇́͑̓̍̎N̵̮̺̬̣͇͚ͧ̅̀͞T͕̹͕͓̝͕̀ͧͭͤ̍ͪ͟ ̱͍̬̘̖̄ͯͬ͑͊ͣͥͦ͘͢͢P̢͓͓͕̦͎̝̮͛ͪͅL̢̬͔͚̦͚̮̒̆͗͛O̸̧̟̻̞ͣ͊ͮ̏T̺̻͖̲̞́ͬ͐̒ͤ̿̀

Spoiler:

Sprite by Sova and BlueKat

Last edited by FoxFireAlchemist on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
FoxFireAlchemist
Dark Ducklett Priestess

PostSubject: Re: Getting An Old One   Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:57 am

Darkness. Silence. All was completely still. There was only the presence of white noise; maybe a stray creak here or there. It was the most peace that the mansion had offered thus far.

But if Cecíl was sensing all of these things, she couldn't be dead. But she had to be dead. But death wasn't... supposed to feel like life, was it?

With that thought, small eyes snapped open to take in the blurry situation. The place she was in was dark, with maybe a streamer of light or two pouring in through the cracks in the roof acting as the light sources. She was laying sideways, or at least that was how gravity felt despite the slight spinning. She had to wait for the blurs to come into focus before she could truly confirm this, so she waited until she could make out a dusty old wardrobe with some cobwebs on it. Definitely sideways. She was surprised that she didn't feel more pain, from wounds or from alcohol. There was a throbbing behind her eyes that was fading and she felt a little woozy, but no full-on headaches or nausea. She supposed she hadn't had as much to drink as she thought, because many of her memories were also unfortunately intact and in good clarity. Damn the luck. She actually had a surprising amount of energy, probably from that last-ditch healing attempts she had been making prior to this. Also, she wasn't dead. None of this was really fully processing yet. She didn't know if she really wanted it to process. Right now she was pretty numb - or she had been until just now when her thoughts broke that stasis and let the panic come rushing back in. Great.

"Do not get drunk in dungeons. That's when shit like this happens,[ /color]" the small plant huffed to herself, but also audible so that anyone could hear.

Cecíl needed to consolidate her losses. She didn't want to think about this. She didn't want to think about any of it - not the stupid mansion puzzle, not the fact that she hadn't died, not the sad level that her life had apparently reached... in truth, she was freaking out a little. Her chest was so tight from the stress that she though her heart was going to make good on that dying thing after all and just stop, but no. That did not happen. She was still alive, she was still in this stupid mansion in a shitty attic, and she needed out. She would repress all of this traumatic garbage in the healthiest way possible of course: by deflecting and immediately forcing herself to start doing something else. Anything else. A bag, she needed to make a bag. She needed to hunt down supplies if she were going to be in here long enough to find a way out. That's what the Sableye had said, right? The only way out was deeper in. There were pillows over there on that dusty old couch, that could work for a bag. Also, Alki was still over there.

Even looking at Alki should have made Cecíl incredibly uncomfortable at this point, but honestly she had done/seen/been through much worse. The blob was alive - probably hungover, but alive. They could make it out of here; that's all that mattered. Cecíl would get her out of here because she owed her that much. She would deal with addressing the emotions surrounding this later. For right now, she drifted over to that couch near Alki and grabbed the biggest pillow off of it. "Hey, we've got some issues," she said to the other entity in the room as she ripped the stuffing out of a nearby pillow from the couch, already nearly tripling her carrying capacity. She dumped her tiny little purse with all of her items into it, effectively doubling her carrying capacity. "There's something very strange going on here, Alki. Firstly: we're not dead. Secondly: we're still in this dungeon. I don't have an explanation for either of those," she explained very seriously, trying to impress the severity of the situation onto the sentient brain full of air.

"Worse than all that, though... I believe we can't get out of here without going deeper into the dungeon. That's what I remember from that fucko place. My head is still really blanked from the drinks, but hopefully more will come back. For now... we gotta get deeper in." Unfortunately, just getting out of this room looked like it was going to be no small task. There was shit everywhere... and it went on for seemingly forever. They were smack dab in the middle of what was presumably an attic hoard.

...Probably should check on the little bugger, while she's at it. "Oh, and uh, also - how are you doing. Are you able to move forward?"

Cecíl the Petlil - 11 energy + 1 (new page) = 12 energy
Also, to be safe, -1 Itemizer Orb from inventory so that hopefully this isn't entirely worthless /S H O T

FoxFireAlchemist carried out 10 launched of one Ruined Chateau (Image not informed.) :
, , , , , , , , ,

Å͙͍̳̣͙͕̎b̵͉͔̺̱͍̹̼̋̈a̧̯̱͓̝̰n̟̖̈́ͯd̡̫͇̤̙̹̻̈õ̶͙̆́ͨ̀̃ͥn̟̖̪͍̤̋ͅ ̜̦̠̔̾á̛͖͎̥͎̭͑̽ļ̭͎͙͕̗̽ͯ̅l̩ ̢͖̲͎̤̲ͤͭ̈͛̑̃ḧͩͦ̆ͣ͏̤̭̱̳̮o̫̦̱͇͂ͨp̴̱eͥ̐̍͛ͥ,͍͔̼̜̜͇ ̙͙͂ͪ̇ͭ̎͝y̴̬̒͌͑ͅe̹̟͍͓ ̥̈́͜w͈̝̞̦̘͖̯͗ͤ̊̿ͣ͒ḧ̨͂͊̅̆o̫̜̰ͣ̅̎̊̈̍́ ̴̠̺ͩ͆ͫͣͭͤ̓ͅe̡̳̩̟͓ñ̥̥̹̜t͔̩̜̃ͦ̋ͣė͙̳̯̣̼̈́ͅr̿̓́ ̈͑҉̫̘̠̱͎̰T̵̘̘̗̺͓͍̦ͤ̒̇ͮH̰̺̰̲̦̖͖͚́̄ͮ̋͝Ệ̫͕͂͝ ̢̹͔͖̗̟̣̬͖̔ͯ̑̽C̫̯͓̥͎͌̓ͬ́ͤ͋̾ͭ̚̕͝Ű̮̟̖̝͙̉ͬ̇R̰̣̰͐͛̀̾̂̊͂̚͢͟͞Ṛ̻̟̱̥̗͎̜̓̊͑̄̊͢E̢̖̬̫̤ͦ̇́͑̓̍̎N̵̮̺̬̣͇͚ͧ̅̀͞T͕̹͕͓̝͕̀ͧͭͤ̍ͪ͟ ̱͍̬̘̖̄ͯͬ͑͊ͣͥͦ͘͢͢P̢͓͓͕̦͎̝̮͛ͪͅL̢̬͔͚̦͚̮̒̆͗͛O̸̧̟̻̞ͣ͊ͮ̏T̺̻͖̲̞́ͬ͐̒ͤ̿̀

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Mada

Poké : 280

PostSubject: Re: Getting An Old One   Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:35 pm

Alki continued to cry silently for… how long? Everything felt so wrong now, and she couldn’t think straight. The headache she’d had in her dream (Because that is what it was, right? A dream?) did not seem to be gone, and her stomach hurt. Whether it was from the dream or the drinks she didn’t know, and she didn’t care. She felt sick. But that was secondary to the utter terror she’d just felt as a result of her dream. The girl probed her stomach, just to make sure she really was ok. It’d felt so real. She could smell their guild room and she felt the pillow and then the claws and it’d felt so… well. As if she was going to die.

The girl sat there, all by her lonesome as she tried to calm her shuddering, shaking frame. Her eyes felt puffy and dry, and while she knew, somewhere in the back of her rational mind that she  should try and figure something out (She didn’t even know if her companion was still alive. She hoped so.), she did not feel well enough, physically or emotionally, to act.

She sat there, trying and failing to stop her crying, and only barely holding on to the contents of her stomach.

“Do not get drunk in dungeons,” Alki heard a familiar, cranky voice that she recognized as the Petilil’s. She was alive! And while Alki had some faint recollection of what she had said and done while… under the influence, and although she would normally be horrified at the embarrassment, for now, she was just happy that she wasn’t alone.

She couldn't smile, though. While the terror of the nightmare seemed to be fading as she reminded herself continually: Not a nightmare, not a nightmare. But now she was confronted with reality, which while not as personal, was still just as final. They had no idea where they were. And that compounded with the fact that there were decidedly non-friendly ghosts meant that… well. They might die.

And her headache wasn't helping her.

The Petilil was talking to her. The Jigglypuff knew all that! She thought she didn't? Alki was still crying. She realized that with the same sort of detachment one realizes that it's cloudy, or that it was windy. It didn't really matter anymore. Her emotions. She was going to die all the same.

And now the plant was asking her if she was ok? Alki wasn’t usually an angry person. Usually, a question like this would simply devolve into tearful cries of No I’m not, no I’m not. But she’d never been ok, had she? Her hands balled up into fists and now s he was angry because of her headache, and her nightmare, and the fact that she didn’t even know what it was she had drank and now this plant was asking her if she was ok when both of them knew that both of them were going to die.

“Sure.” She said between tears, her eyes narrowing into little balls of blue anger as she stared up at the leaf. “I’m fine . Except for this headache, and the fact I don’t know what I drank. That we’re alone in a dungeon with these shitty ghosts and I’m fine except for the fact that you and I both know we’re going to die. Alki stood up, and felt things rising up through her stomach but she didn’t care.

“No, I’m not ok!” She yelled, breathing heavily and still crying as she did her best to meet the Petilil’s gaze. “W-We're going to die here! And there’s nothing either one of us can do about it!”

My Character Records! ^_^

I am a slow learner, a stressed out high schooler, and a very impulsive person. Please have a bit of patience with me.

"Seeing is believing, and all I'm saying is, I've never seen George Washington." -A classmate
Back to top Go down
FoxFireAlchemist
Dark Ducklett Priestess

PostSubject: Re: Getting An Old One   Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:35 pm

For the love of all things holy, that screeching had to stop. Did this damn balloon constantly have to act like a child? And now of all times she decided to grow a personality and sass the shit out of Cecíl when both of them were clearly in crisis mode. God, damn it, if Cecíl hadn't been feeling guiltier by the second she would have told that fucking blob where she could shove that aimless hysteria and been done with it. She would walk out! She would continue alone and let the Jigglypuff rot in self-pity like she clearly wanted to, and then she'd find her way out or die trying. Cecíl rubbed her temples to try and disperse all of this pent-up frustration, but it wasn't working. None of it was working. She just wanted the puff to get up and stop bawling already.

"Fucking stop," Cecíl snapped as she whipped around and put her face right into Alki's. "You fucking stop that right now!! You've got no right to go and pretend like we've lost and we're finished when clearly you've got the energy to waste on bawling like this." If plants had nostrils, Cecíl's would be flaring. She was trying not to scream but it was so hard when everything inside of her was just aching to blow up and be rid of all of this anxiety. She had every right to scream. Alki hadn't listened to her any other way, so maybe she would finally get the memo if Cecíl's voice cut it into her head!!! "I don't know if you're even slightly aware but I am trying to help you here. I warned you about what that drink was!!! You didn't listen!!! And here I am again trying to tell you that there is a fucking way out of this and you're still not listening!!! You'd rather wallow in self-pity!!!"

There was a part of Cecíl that realized how very hypocritical this statement was, but the rest of her didn't care right now. She just wanted Alki to snap the fuck out of it. She wanted Alki to stop panicking so she wouldn't have to feel afraid, either.

"If I say it again, will you pay attention this time??? We. Can. Get. Out. If. We. Go. Deeper. Did it get through??? Or are you going to ignore me again like you have been constantly???"

Cecíl the Petlil - 0 energy

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Mada

PostSubject: Re: Getting An Old One   Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:26 am

Alki jumped as the Petilil began to yell back at her, louder than she ever had, and to her ears, much more aggressively than she had. And she was so close, and so angry and Alki stopped her crying for just a minute, her fear increasing even more as she thought about how much her voice reminded her of her parents. The jigglypuff opened her mouth, as if she were about to try and defend herself, but the large and angry plant did not give her a chance. Everytime Alki tried to squeeze out a word in her favor, she was shut down by another equally loud, aggressive point from the Petilil. With each word yelled, her defiance seemed to diminish until all that was left was whimpering, and silent tears.

The Petilil was almost as aggressive as her parents. And all those traumatic memories of her parents yelling at her as an Igglybuff, getting just as up in her face as the Petilil. And even her last words couldn't help but bring up certain past moments. ( 'Did it get through? Did it get through your thick skull, Alki?' And she was being scolded again. She'd almost forgotten what it felt like, with Darcy being so kind to her, but now she remembered, and she remembered quite vividly. And she deserved this, didn't she? For what she'd done here in this house, of course, because the Petilil was right. The other person was always right. But also for what she'd done at the guild, all her screw ups. She deserved getting yelled at for everything...

But that didn't mean she wanted to hear it.

"P-Please stop," Alki mumbled between tears, sounding just as heartbroken as she felt. She racked her mind for what she wanted to say, visibly upset before closing her eyes and plowing forward with what she wanted to say. Who cared? She was going to die here anyways, and she wanted to get this off her chest before she went.

"Y-You don't know a thing about me..." She said, trying her best to speak clearly. "I-I've never been good at anything, e-ever... I'm weak and small and stupid and there's only like... l-like three people who ever loved me, ever..."  She said, feeling more tears coming down, even as she remembered the Petilil's criticism of her, of wallowing in self-pity. Well, what else did she have, anyways?

"M-Maybe not you, y-y-you have everything together...Y-You can make it out..." Alki closed her eyes tighter as she held her arms tightly by her sides. She wanted a hug. She'd never say it, especially not to the plant that had been yelling so, so loudly just a minute earlier, but she just wanted some words to say she cared about her. Or at least what happened to her. But that wasn't coming. This plant hated her, she was sure. Because she'd seen all that for herself... the weakness and stupidity and uselessness. Anyone who liked her was blind...

"S-So maybe you'll get out, b-but I am going to die here, c-cause I can't defend myself and I'm weak and stupid and I..." She didn't want to die. She'd made a mistake and now she was going to die because of it... Alki wondered what the point of her had ever been. She'd done absolutely nothing in Grassveil. No one was going to care, except Darcy, and she'd forget soon enough anyways. It's not like she was worth remembering... "I-I made a mistake and I d-d-don't think... I don't think it's fair b-but..." She trailed off, squeezing her eyes tighter and tighter, until it hurt and she did her best to control her flow of tears as she looked away from the Petilil, still wishing for a hug that she wasn't going to get in the rest of her life.

"J-Just leave t-this house and l-leave me alone..."

I am a slow learner, a stressed out high schooler, and a very impulsive person. Please have a bit of patience with me.

"Seeing is believing, and all I'm saying is, I've never seen George Washington." -A classmate
Back to top Go down
FoxFireAlchemist
Dark Ducklett Priestess

PostSubject: Re: Getting An Old One   Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:44 am

Sigh... it seemed nothing was changing. Alki was still understandably upset. Still a bit annoying as well, but honestly Cecíl hadn't really been expecting an outburst to be making any headway. Hoping? Maybe. But honestly, it had really been for her, hadn't it? The only one who benefitted from an emotional outburst like that was Cecíl herself.

But... she deserved an outburst like that every once in a while, didn't she? Damn it, she went through enough. She was sick and tired of feeling like she was always wrong... she just wanted one thing. That thing was not this thing, however. That spat had been pretty much entirely uncalled for. They had barely said three sentences to each other since they had woken up in some rotting corner in this stupid rotting house, and her first reaction had been to bitch Alki out. ...It had felt at least a little justified at the time, but now she just felt like garbage. Worse than she started, frankly. ...Augggh, and now she had to fix this. Cecíl didn't know how many more hits to her pride she could handle before she just saved the house the trouble and ended herself.

She stood in silence a little while longer, still stewing in the gross emotions. Sure, she had to do this... but that was easier to say than actually doing it. Not once had she been in a position like this since she had arrived in this po-dunk place. Ack. She just had no idea how to approach this.

"...No... sorry, I'm not going anywhere." Great start, Cecíl. The petlil flinched at her own cringey remarks. "I mean... I mean that was a lot to come out with after we both just woke up. I'm sorry. I just..." The thoughts were flying around her head; she just couldn't peg one to start up again with down. She was getting frustrated again. Best not to make the same mistake, though.... ggguurraaaugh. ""Nobody accused me of being a good leader, okay? I'm supposed to be, but I've got a track record of nothing but failures since I got to this place. I'm terrible at what I'm supposed to be good at, and do you know why that is? I gave up. I give up constantly. I'M the one that constantly wallows, and it doesn't matter because I'm the only one that suffers from it normally."

"It's not fine now, though. I wouldn't be able to live with this on my conscious if we just gave up now. Especially after how all these ghost fuckers have just been giddy to watch us suffer for their amusement. It grinds me up inside and I don't want you OR me to give them the satisfaction of winning. It's disgusting." She practically spat out the words. "You... have every right to be mad at me. That's fair. I'll go on on my own if you really don't want me here. But we have a better chance in a group, if we keep moving. That's all I'm trying to say." Cecíl took a few paces to show that she would leave if she needed too, then waited through a few moments of silence for a response.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Mada

PostSubject: Re: Getting An Old One   Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:43 pm

Alki shook her head and kept her eyes shut tightly as she expected more loud yelling from the Petilil. Instead, she got what seemed like a heartfelt apology. Of course, Alki wasn't very good at identifying these kinds of things anyways, and in her current state, she had an even harder time identifying it. Not that it mattered all too much. If it was heartfelt, then she didn't deserve it, and if it wasn't, then she was too stupid to know anyways. Alki shook her head, back and forth as though out of habit. She'd have told the Petilil that she didn't have to apologize, except for the fact that she was, simulatneously, too afraid, upset, and angry to say anything.

She remained silent, staring at her feet instead of the Petilil for her whole speech. The jigglypuff's head still hurt and she was still terrified, and the plant had done precious little to help. All that she'd gotten was that she was a lot like her. She gave up, they had to keep going,  and if they didn't keep going the ghosts would win and that Alki had the right to be angry at Cecil.

In other words, all that the Petilil was saying was a whole lot of bullshit. A whole lot of bullshit, whose only purpose was to make her feel better.

"Y-You don't have to lie, you know..." Alki mumbled, shaking her head again as she wiped her eyes and opened them. And now her head hurt more and the more she cried the worse it hurt so the girl simply rubbed the sides of her head before continuing. "Y-You're right, w-what you yelled at me about, and I'm sure you're a fine leader, a-and if I had just used w-whatever brain I have then maybe w-we wouldn't be here..."

Alki placed her hands on top of her feet, and even if the ghost types were giddy about their suffering, well, she couldn't quite control when she did and didn't suffer, could she? Alki considered what she said at the end. Better chance in a group. Well, Alki didn't really want to get up... but she could see Cecil's point. And if she left the Petilil alone, then she was just screwing her over too, wasn't she?

But her head still hurt, and she had this ache in her chest as well that she couldn't quite get rid of.

Wait. Was she leaving? Alki had told her she should but now that it was about to happen the jigglypuff felt absolutely terrified and quickly rose to her feet, upsetting her stomach and her head quite a bit. "P-Please don't go, I-I'm sorry too!" She yelled out, suddenly terrified at the fact that she was going to die alone.

"I-I'll go, I'll g-go, it's just... I-I'm sorry, please though, g-give me a minute..." The girl said, her heartbeat rapid and audible to her, ba-dum, ba-dum as she felt on the verge of crying again.   "P-Please don't leave me alone..." She mumbled, rocking back and forth on her feet. She was probably going to die, no matter how the Petilil lied. How everyone lied, really, but that didn't mean she wanted to die like that. All alone, in a haunted house with the only thing that anyone would remember her for would be her uselessness.

Back to top Go down
FoxFireAlchemist
Dark Ducklett Priestess

PostSubject: Re: Getting An Old One   Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:03 am

At this point, Cecíl took some time out of your regularly-scheduled programming to observe the head-shaking that Alki was somehow pulling off and consider it on a slightly deeper level. After all... weren't jigglypuff just... entirely a head? How does one "shake" a head when it was also their entire body? Was she using her feet to do it? Was it just rolling, but modified? It was terrible that Cecíl was doing this now, but at the same time the implications were interesting. She could imagine this applying to other situations - maybe in the ways that two things connected, or... something like that. If anything, Alki was inspiring something to help their escape. Or something. ...Ow, trying to justify this whole line of thought was not helping the ol' alcoholic's headache. Guess it was time to stop thinking.

Cecíl rolled her eyes as Alki also called her a liar in the same breath as she claimed the petlil's other statements to be true. "I don't lie. In fact, you may have picked up on the fact that I'm brutally honest, consistently. ...Also, don't defend me when I'm freakin' wrong," Cecíl huffed as she settled herself next to Alki, conceding to the jigglypuff at the very least the time-out that she had requested. If any ghosts came to bother them, well, the petlil would have to kick their ass. Or die trying. She wasn't really in the mood to consider any other option. "You're making me sound like your abusive boyfriend over here, making you apologize for nothing. I am not that, nor am I comfortable with that feeling. I'm a straight-shooter; I can take it when other people dish it at me. Especially when they're justified." That was probably only true part of the time, but that was a conversation for later. "Honestly- you've got all the reason in the world to be mad. You were fine telling me to scram, and the only thing you have to apologize for is, well, being a little annoying after your first drink. You've got a lot going for you. You could ride the bitch train into the god damn sunset on this one and I'd just have to let it run me over."

Just what was this puff's deal with that, anyways? You had to have some kind of childhood to be this kind of spineless. "You were definitely not this bad when you were plastered. You got abuse in your past or something?"

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Mada

PostSubject: Re: Getting An Old One   Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:12 pm

Alki remained silent as the plant rambled on and on, still trying to make her feel better. She was wrong about all this, she didn't have any right to be angry when she had, directly or indirectly, caused this whole situation. But now the Petilil seemed to feel bad (For being right?) And would not accept her apology. So it'd be better for both of them if Alki just went and shut up. Yeah, that sounded like the best option... Just shut up. Alki simply stood still now, letting herself catch her breath, calm the uneasy feeling inside her, and hopefully, keep going, if not for her own sake, then for Cecil's.

That was the plan, of course, until the Petilil asked her a question she was entirely unprepared for. Abuse in her past? She couldn't tell her that! That was personal and not even Darcy knew much about that... of course, she suspected. She probably had since the day they'd met, especially since Alki hadn't exactly denied it. But what right did this plant have to know? Why should Alki tell her anyways? The jigglypuff's face grew noticeably paler as she asked the question, and she simply stammered for a second or two, trying to figure out what to say in response.

What could she say? That was personal , her past, and whether or not she died in this house was completely irrelevant to that? She didn't want to tell anyone. And that was final.

"A-Ah, well, e-erm... s-see, I dunno w-what plastered means, you see..." She mumbled, her heart beating as she hoped the plant wouldn't push the topic of conversation any further. "I-I mean, w-what does that have to do with me, r-right? Plaster's like, t-the stuff they put on walls and... s-s-stuff..." She knew she was being stupid. That was quite the point. Her past was the last thing she wanted to be talking about or thinking about in a haunted house. It was... her parents were something she'd always done her best to forget. And now she couldn't help but think about them, since the Petilil brought them up... The jigglypuff shook as she suddenly stood up and hurried towards the door.

"I-I think I'm good now. L-Let's get going..."

Back to top Go down
FoxFireAlchemist
Dark Ducklett Priestess

PostSubject: Re: Getting An Old One   Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:13 pm

Cecíl pretty much immediately picked up on Alki's sketchy behavior, and it told her two things: 1. That was probably a yes, and 2. The subject was not one that she was going to get any more information on. Suddenly, things were making more sense. And were also slightly more annoying. Now Cecíl definitely didn't have a soap box to stand on when it came to the question of Alki's entirely strange behavior. She couldn't relate to that kind of experience; she'd never had anything like that happen to her. She just knew that the puff was apparently pretty affected by it; effected enough to make her pretty spineless in the long run. Probably stunted her emotional growth.

At the same time, that made it way easier for Cecíl to let it go entirely. She couldn't fix that. She definitely couldn't offer Alki anything relevant to whatever internal turmoil was causing her to act like this. This was clearly evidenced by the last ten minutes of interaction. Cecíl had never really dealt with the emotional stuff, that had always been... well, yeah. None of it was the petlil's place, so she could disassociate herself from it readily. She felt bad about it, but it was what it was. There were more immediate concerns, like getting out of this shithole mansion. She'd just have to work around the behaviors and deal with it going forward.

"'Plastered' is slang for drunk. You've seriously never heard that once before?" Cecíl sighed, getting up and going after Alki. "You have a lot to learn, clearly. If you ever even intend on drinking again." She looked at the smatterings of furniture that were currently obstructing their path and grimaced slightly. "Man... of-fucking-course this house has a ridiculous maze. Why wouldn't it; it has everything else... and I'm willing to bet it that if I turn around, the place where we were just standing is gone."

She turned around, for posterity's sake. All that was behind her was a long row of boxes and rocking chairs.

"Well isn't that consistant," she grunted. "Guh… You wouldn't happen to have any psychic abilities on you, would you?"

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Mada

PostSubject: Re: Getting An Old One   Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:36 am

Alki giggled nervously as the Petilil finished her explanation of what plastered was, and seemed to... stop. The girl gave a silent thanks to... who? Well, whatever unseen person seemed to enjoy making her life as miserable as possible. Thanks for resisting the temptation to make her remember her parents for longer than ten seconds.  She looked the grass type up and down, trying to figure out what the Petilil thought of her judging by her body language. Of course, that was difficult, and while others might be able to get a read on someone like her, Alki could not.

Did the Petilil sympathize with her? Dislike her even more? Did she care at all?

"O-Ok..." She sniffed, rubbing her eyes with a sense of finality. She resolved internally to not cry any more, not in the presence of this stoic, hardened, really freaking difficult to read Petilil. Plastered meant drunk. And drunk was... what she had been. She only remembered bits and pieces, and setting context aside, it was quite embarrassing, the bits and pieces she remembered.

With context, it was downright mortifying. She'd acted so stupidly, even for her, in the presence of a ghost that had been plotting something like this! With everything she'd said and done? It was a miracle that she was still alive... If she were Cecil, she would've ditched herself long ago...

"But you're still here..." She mumbled to herself, scuffing the ground, the words meant only for herself to hear, but perhaps they'd carried? She wondered about the Petilil. She wanted to know more too. But then that'd lead to trading stories , and Alki's wasn't one she was eager to tell, even if knowing about the Petilil would satisfy her curiousity.

Alki hadn't even noticed the Petilil ask her a question. She was quite focused on her own thoughts and emotions. It was quite difficult to deal with them. It was hard enough in the guild, but here? She was scared in addition to all those emotions. And no Darcy!

A few seconds passed in stiff, awkward silence before the jigglypuff noticed. "O-Oh. Um... M-Moves? Psychic. Uh. D-Disable..." That was psychic, right? She couldn't quite keep track of what moves were what type. That stuff was hard! And it's not like she was particularly good at remembering... Or anything.

Alki kicked at the ground, sending up a cloud of dust around them. Something was still bugging her... and she didn't know what she could do to fix it. This was hard, and she still had such a headache... the girl sniffed again, considering what she'd do next.

The words escaped her before she could really process what she was saying. It was a reaction to a more instinctive fear for her, and the answer was something that she would really like to know, more than what the Petilil thought of her psychic-type move.

"... You're not a-angry, r-right?"

Back to top Go down
FoxFireAlchemist
Dark Ducklett Priestess

PostSubject: Re: Getting An Old One   Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:28 pm

Well, if nothing else the little giggle implied that Alki's mood had possibly improved a little, which was... good? It was satisfying, to a small degree. Cecíl didn't want to see the puff suffer... she wasn't that heartless. She just wanted her to buck up a little, honestly. Maybe listen a little more. A morale boost would also be desirable in the interest of getting themselves out of this shitty mansion, which was slot numero uno on the priority list. They needed to be in the best position they could possibly be in if they wanted to tick that box, and right now they were kind of all over the place in terms of productivity.

It seemed prudent just to run with things the way they were right now, and to not overthink the details. Maybe Cecíl was being slightly over-optimistic after one possible forward step towards the end goal, but man... they couldn't go much lower from this point. Even Cecíl felt a bit humbled by how fucked this situation was. She really hoped that maybe Alki had some ability that could help matters... but no, unfortunately; while she seemed to have abilities "moving annoying ghost furniture with her mind" did not appear to be one. The petlil sighed a bit, but not as much in anger and more in acceptance of the situation. She had mostly burned herself out.

"It's not exactly the "telekinesis" I was fishing for, but it'll probably be helpful when we inevitably run into more asshole ghosts," she muttered. She took another look around, considering the option of maybe climbing the sheeted furniture to get a better view and also produce some shortcuts - these piles didn't fully reach the ceiling after all. They could probably catch their bearings if they were up higher...

Alki asked if she was mad.

Cecíl paused all of her thoughts.

"I'm always mad," she responded bluntly. It was truth, and it wouldn't do any good to hide it. "I've always got something to be mad about. But those somethings get me way more mad than I could ever be at you. Still, you'll probably make me mad sometimes. It's not a hard thing to accomplish." She turned around, mulling over what she had said. It likely wasn't what Alki had been hoping to hear, but Cecíl didn't want her to have any kind of disillusion that the petlil was some kind of predictable, adjusted person in any particular way. Still... it wouldn't do any good to leave it at that. If she did, they'd both be back at square one. She turned back to Alki. "That's not your fault, though. Don't get it confused. That's a problem with me and my lack of control over my own emotions, not you. ...It couldn't compare to the things I've done to make myself this way, anyways. You couldn't make me stay mad."

That was enough of that. When in the hell had she gotten so chatty about emotions??? It was a pretty straightforward concept: they were stupid and unexplainable.

Cecíl turned her attention back to the big, dusty, sheeted furniture that they were currently faced with. She first made a point to check that there was something under the sheet, so that they didn't fall into any more nonsensical ghost traps. Seeing a large table with many large chairs stacked on top, she felt comfortable in handing the situation over to Alki for a moment. "Do you think you can get up there easily somehow? And carefully. I'd do it myself, but plants aren't really known for their climbing capabilities. If we get up there, we might be able to get some kind of hold on our bearings and maybe find the way to the door."

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting An Old One   

Back to top Go down

Getting An Old One
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: The Southeast :: The Ruined Chateau-
Jump to: