Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Rue

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Poké : 9495

Rue   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Rue    Rue   - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 4:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

Link to mission:

(This thread takes place after another thread, "For Once," and contains spoilers pertaining to that thread.  Pls don't spoil yourself. Mada that means you.)

Bad memories, bad vibes, bad sensations, bad atmosphere, bad, bad, bad bad badbadbad.  Sova didn't like Venen Gulch, and he wasn't having a very fun day, or week... or month... or life.  Nothing about this trip was pleasant, and yet it was still somehow tolerable.  Not only had he found some level of solace in himself, but he now had someone else to help him carry his burdens.  Still, he didn't enjoy being in the gulch yet again; his last experience in the area had been unpleasant, to say the least.  He had met a very demented scyther, and despite his best efforts, he'd failed to avoid conflict with the presumed serial killer.  In the end, Senya was the one to handle the situation, as he recalled.  He regretted giving up such a burden, and in hindsight, that was a running theme in his life.  Despite his best efforts to take burdens from others and handle everything himself, he'd really just ended up becoming the burden.  Fortunately, that was in the past, but he still didn't enjoy being in a place that dredged up such memories.

He was fun.

The thought surprised him, though perhaps it shouldn't have.  He knew it wasn't his own, even if it felt so very... real.  He really should have been used to the experience of hearing Senya in his head, and yet he wasn't.  He wondered if that would ever change.  "You have a concerning definition of "fun," my friend," he responded aloud since they were alone and thus didn't run the risk of looking insane.  He was glad to be out of the guild if nothing else; he'd made the decision to change his behavior for the better, but he still wasn't a fan of laying around in that place socializing and whatnot.  His solitude wasn't something he was quite ready to entirely give up.  Still, he wouldn't have picked such an unpleasant place to go just to get away from everyone.  No, this was for a mission...  He hadn't done any actual guild work in quite some time, having been too distracted with trying to fight deities and whatever else.

The white, silken cloak around his body lifted up behind him, caught by a gust of wind.  He glanced down at his exposed legs and stopped, reminded of why he had a ghostly sheet draped over him.  His fur was torn away by scars, and his left leg was wrapped close to his chest by a makeshift sling composed of some piece of white fabric.  He doubted any of it would ever heal, which only made him want to take a mission and get out of the guild even more.  He couldn't stand another minute in that place with everyone looking at him like he was some crippled war veteran.  Walking was more a task than usual, especially with the strange ribbon making it all so much harder as if being down a leg wasn't bad enough already.  Every step elicited pain, albeit faint enough to ignore now that he was getting used to it.  Fortunately, the strange red markings seemed to have gone away for whatever reason, but in the case of their return, that was just one more reason to cover his body.  He didn't want to be seen as disabled and in need of help, but at the same time he didn't want to look like some monster either.

So, what's the plan here?  We're not exactly at our best, I mean.  You really think we can save that kid?

Sova knew Senya was trying to distract him from his own thoughts.  The gesture was appreciated, but he was finding it difficult still to let it all go.  The white cloak fell back around him as the wind died down.  "This isn't getting any better.  If I can't do my job now, I'll never be able to do it again," he spoke with an eerie calm to his voice.  Given it was him in question, the matter-of-fact indifference to such a concept was a bit unusual.  For most of his life, he had been one to lash out and falter due to unchecked emotion.  He was rather bad at keeping himself under control, or at least he had been for about as long as he could remember.  However, his recent experiences had brought him to seek change, and more importantly, put him in the mindset to enact this change.  The thought of being incapable of continuing his work saddened him a great deal, and yet he was able to keep himself calm despite this.

That doesn't mean you have to do this right now.  Is some runty 'vee really worth your trouble?

He knew Senya meant well.  He was in a bad state and definitely didn't need to be running around through a toxic and relatively dangerous environment.  Unfortunately, he felt he needed to, for him if no one else.  That, and he couldn't help but feel obligated to protect one of his own kin.  And besides, if he didn't save the little eevee, who would?  Most members of the Grassveil Guild didn't even have the appropriate rank to take such a mission, let alone the capabilities to reliably see it through.  Then again, was he really any different now with a bum leg and an evil ribbon crippling him?  He intended to prove that no, he wasn't, even if it was the last thing he did.

"Yes."

Besides, he was already there, inhaling the fumes and wandering through Venen Gulch.  He hadn't reached the "river" nor even come upon any steep drops or any other difficult environmental hazards, but still, he wasn't interested in turning back now.

Last edited by Lord E V on Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To tell Mada to go away.)
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Pikashock

Pikashock

Poké : 10615

Rue   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rue    Rue   - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2017 4:33 am

Sova had started to walk away from her, but when she stood back up she could sense him stop. Was it possible she'd surprised him? Maybe, or maybe it was just something else...perhaps he was moving away to build some distance between the two of them, or some other tactic akin to that. Despite the burning ache that afflicted her body, Shintara had managed to stay standing, still waiting for her answer. The Glaceon turned around to her and began to speak, but...

Something was wrong with him. That much had been kind of clear to the Absol ever since she'd noticed his held-up or missing leg, with the way he limped, but now there was something more. He'd suddenly stopped talking and stumbled forwards, and for a moment, Shintara instinctively stepped forwards towards him. She didn't get too close, though, stopping herself after a few steps. During their fight, she hadn't even managed to land a blow on him, and even if she had, she doubted she could hit hard enough to hurt the Glaceon. Yet despite that, he still seemed hurt. Maybe he was hurt a bit worse than she thought, and his pain only started acting up after he got moving?

Still, hurt or not, he could clearly handle himself against her well enough anyways. He was strong enough to fight even when he was hurt, and that...that was something Shintara aspired to. She could get back up, and that helped, but what good was that if she wasn't strong enough to fight when she did?

He told her that he was trying not to break her, and as if to emphasize the point more, he told her how easy it would be to do so. Of course she probably didn't always look or act like the smartest pokemon around, but he couldn't think that she would have looked for him without knowing that, did he?

"I-I appreciate the concern, b-but...I'm ready to r-risk that. I n-need to get better, and I th-thought maybe i-if I battle someone strong, m-maybe I could..." She trailed off a little near the end, and she sniffled a little as she began to notice the pain in her face once more. Having been preoccupied getting up and talking to Sova, the pain from his attack had faded into the background for a bit there, but it hadn't faded for long.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Rue   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rue    Rue   - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 08, 2017 7:24 am

The absol seemed to bear confidence in herself despite her hesitant behavior and stutter.  She believed herself truly able to withstand the full force of someone whose strength she supposedly knew the limits of?  Sova could only assume she had no idea what she was asking of him, and he had no intention of granting this blind request...  No pun intended.

She's asking for your best.  Where's that sense of honor you were talking about?  She wants you to respect her enough to take this fight seriously...  Your best...

Sova remained motionless as he contemplated his response, knowing he would refuse, but hesitant on how to approach it.  He was growing concerned; Senya was getting restless, and agreeing with the opponent, at that.  They both wanted him to go all-out, but he simply couldn't bring himself to do such a thing.  Even if making the absol quit of her own volition was less respectful, it also had a lower risk of killing her.

"You..."

Suddenly, his jaws felt heavy; frozen, as if held in place by something.  He couldn't speak.

If you won't take this dance... I will.

Sova felt the more usable of his two front legs lift and step forward in a quick, limping motion.  His hind legs followed suit.  His body flared with red markings as he tried to resist the sudden lack of control; a red glow emanated under his eyes from the shade of his white hood; his exposed tail and ears alight with the brands of the cursed ribbon.  Stop, the command echoed through his head, with no response.

The wind seemed repelled from him, spreading away from his figure and swirling around him, keeping its distance all the while.  Stop!

Make me.  Prove you think what you're doing is right.  Prove you don't want this.

He didn't.  He didn't want this.  He was conflicted as usual, but he knew he didn't want to hurt anyone if he didn't need to, if they didn't deserve it.

A gust of wind whipped outward from the swirling funnel around the glaceon, directed toward his opposition.  It was cold, but mostly harmless aside from the bit of force behind it.  He felt his body dart to the right, moving swiftly even with the circumstances of his legs.  He was considerably hindered in speed, no doubt, but the absol was slow and her defense unrefined.  He came to a halt, though not of his own volition, and rushed toward the exposed absol from the side as the air neared.  He could see through wide-open eyes, but he could do nothing to stop himself, for he was no longer in control.  Did he even want to if this was truly what the absol wanted?  Surely, Senya would fight without inhibition, remorse... mercy.  He would do what Sova could not will himself to; he would be content to truly harm this foolish girl who wished it so.  Sova watched from the confines of his own body as he neared, the whole thing happening nearly too quickly to follow from his position as a mere spectator.  Yards became feet, then inches...

His legs locked and his body skidded to a halt.  He had decided: no matter what, this was his fight, and he would honor it in his own way.

So be it.

Another wave of pain pulsed through him as the resisting force urging him forward ceased.  His legs buckled under the sudden regain of control coupled with the searing sensations flooding him, but he quickly caught himself, standing tall against his deficits.  He was still struggling to differentiate right from wrong, but he would do so on his own.  He needed no one's help for this.  "...You want me to hurt you... to actively try to hurt you...  Do you have any idea what you're asking?  Do you know what I can do to you?  Do you really want that?" the markings caressing his blue fur faded as he spoke.  His voice was shallow and hushed, betraying his attempts to hide his inner turmoil.  He so dearly wanted to avoid doing what the absol asked of him, but Senya mad a good point: there was no honor in what he was trying to do to avoid harming her.  What she wanted was for him to fight her as an equal...  She had come all this way just for that, and he was refusing.

Sova had vowed to stop trying to control the lives of others for their own "protection."  No matter how hard he tried to convince himself, he knew this was the same.  He could refuse to fight the absol, but purposely trying to "win" in such an underhanded manner just to avoid seriously hurting her was no different from the mindset he was trying to rid himself of.  If she truly knew the weight of what she was asking, and if she truly wanted it... he would deliver.
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

Rue   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rue    Rue   - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 08, 2017 3:21 pm

Sova had begun to talk, to respond to her, but as soon as he began to speak he seemed to stop. Shintara wondered what it was he was going to say, but it seemed like she wouldn't have much time to think about that. The Glaceon had stepped forwards, and as he did, her senses practically went haywire. While it hadn't been there before, a sudden cyclone of wind seemed to whip up around her opponent, most likely summoned by him. Perhaps if she had been able to see, she would have noticed his markings flaring up with a red hue, or his wide-open eyes, but as it was those details were lost on her.

What wasn't lost on her, though, was his position. The cyclone whipped up around him blocked out the wind from the outside, and it made the whole inside area of it fuzzy and hazy to her. However, she did know that the Glaceon hadn't moved yet. He was in the center of it, and with the strength of the wind surrounding him, she had become acutely aware of the barrier of wind and the things inside it.

In the next few seconds, she became aware of two more things. First, there was a gust of cold wind coming her way, originating from the cyclone. Second, there was a distinctly Sova-shaped object that emerged from the hazy area in the cyclone, crossing the windy threshold and rushing out into the open.

Thoughts rushed through her mind pretty quickly in the situation. She was slow on her own, but the wind, maybe she could use that to her advantage. Jump back, maybe the wind would push her back along with it. Then again, maybe Sova would be ready for that. And of course, that certainly wouldn't work if the Glaceon hit her before the wind did, which seemed to be quite possibly the case given how fast he was moving right now compared to the gust.

In the end, she began to pivot towards her opponent and angle her horn forwards, attempting to brace herself for the impact despite knowing that she wouldn't be fast enough to successfully block it. Physically and mentally, she prepared herself for the impact...

...an impact that didn't come. As he had come very close to her, his legs seemed to lock up and he skidded to a halt. For the moment she had before he spoke, she wondered what that was about. Was he just trying to scare her? Trying to make her flinch? Or was there really something wrong with him, from whatever injury had hurt his other leg and made him stumble around before despite not having taken a hit?

As Sova spoke to her, the absol seemed to relax a little, her body less tense as she stood up out of her crouch and into a more casual stance. Clearly, despite...whatever it was he was doing before, he still had more to say. Shintara frowned and thought for a moment, before shaking her head.

"...I have an i-idea of what you c-could do, I th-think. I-I don't want to get hurt, b-but..." She trailed off for a moment and hung her head down a bit, taking a deep breath before she continued.

"I-I'm weak. I-I know that, a-and I don't w-want to be weak anymore. I want to g-get stronger, so I c-can hold my own. So I c-can fight. I know it w-won't be easy, and I-I'll get hurt, but...if fighting opponents like y-you will help me get stronger, th-then I'll take whatever you th-throw at me. I'll g-get hurt as much as I n-need to if it means I c-can get stronger, if I can l-learn..." The absol finished speaking, 'looking' back up to Sova. Despite her stutter and breathlessness from their earlier exchanges, there was a sense of certainty in her voice. She had decided on this path, and she was resolute in seeing this through. As if to further emphasize that certainty, she took a few steps back and resumed a battle-ready stance, lowering herself towards the ground and pointing her horn Sova's way.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Rue   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rue    Rue   - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 10:31 am

The absol was insistent, claiming comprehension of the weight of her own words.  The more she spoke, the more it became clear that she was... determined?  No... pathetic.  Sova felt a sense of déjà vu at the attitude, and he knew it was doomed to fail one way or another.  Regardless, he doubted he would be the one to stray her away from this path.  He sighed and hanged his head toward the ground, the manic gaze having faded along with the malevolent influence on his body.  He was left with something akin to a glare, but it reflected emotions unlike anger: bitterness, dread, and... exhaustion.  He wasn't tired in the physical sense, but he was realizing more and more lately that all the fighting was wearing on his spirit.  Still, he would persevere and give this girl exactly what it was she was asking for.  His eyes watched from under his hood as the absol lowered herself into a clear battle-ready stance, making her will obvious.  She wanted to fight, as if her words alone didn't make that clear enough; there was not so much as an ounce of hesitation apparent in her.

"You stupid girl..." he spoke in a low, reluctant tone that could almost have been described as a growl.  He couldn't say he wouldn't hold back at all; he didn't want to waste all his energy on some spar, after all; however, he held a newfound resolve.  "You think you feel weak now?  Just you wait."  His fur stood and froze under the snow-white cloak as his usable legs spread away from each other, lowering his body toward the ground.  The atmosphere around him changed, quite literally; frost reached out along the ground around him as diamond dust formed in the air, his internal temperature dropping below point of affecting his environment.  His shallow gaze shifted to reflect an emerging intent to inflict harm as he suppressed all recognition of the absol as an innocent.

He'd released all restraint on his affinity for abuse, just for her.  She was now an opponent, as per her wish.

Suddenly, as if being pulled toward the glaceon, a harsh burst of freezing wind rushed from the side of the absol opposite to Sova.  He planted his paws and darted forward, pushing through the wind with ease.  He didn't expect the whelp to be capable of resisting the force like he could, nor tolerate the cold.  He spun on his front paw as he neared, turning clockwise this time so as to put the strain on the strong side of his body.  He threw himself forward, intending to ram his quill-coated body into the absol with as much force as he could muster.  He expected the wind to throw her right into him, but even if it didn't, she surely wouldn't be able to move out of the way with it bearing down on her.  The howling gale served also to lift his cloak, ensuring it wouldn't be torn by coming between his needle-like fur and its intended target.

Unlike his prior, half-willed attacks, this one was intended to truly harm, and perhaps more importantly, he had no intention of giving her any time to recover.  If she managed even a single attack, however pathetic, he would be impressed.  He figured she would be stunned for at least a moment after taking what would inevitably be a surprising and painful hit, and he already knew what he was going to do from there.  He would bite into her scruff and throw her against the ground, again with no remaining inhibition, dragging her off her paws in the direction of the wind so as to add all the extra force he could.  He didn't intend to stop there; not until he made her cry for release or ripped her away from consciousness.  He knew he could lift her into the air, and despite his situation with one front leg, he also knew he could keep his body stable long enough to reach above and stomp down on her, which was just what he planned to do.  Then he'd see how much he would have to press down on her before making... something... happen.

He'd take her breath away with the initial impact, he guessed; his fur would cut through her hers, but the resulting wounds would be the least of her worries.  While he didn't have any particular special properties in his ability to bite, it seemed a fair assumption that he'd break her skin with his fangs as well, then jerking her off her legs would likely worsen whatever damage his maw happened to do.  The force with which he planned to introduce her body to the ground would be enough to bruise, no doubt, and there would probably be a chance of a fracture in whatever happened to take the brunt of the collision.  She'd gasp for breath upon being lifted away from the dirt and having the onslaught of pressure temporarily alleviated; a mistake, as it would make the next blow force the air out of her again, but she was probably stupid undisciplined enough to try anyway instead of bracing herself.  Her lungs would hurt after such abuse with no care taken to mitigate, and she'd want to cough, which would just exaggerate the pain.

Then, he'd press down... perhaps on one of her front legs, seeing as how they would be easy targets and a good way to pin her.  With enough force, she'd give up or pass out from inability to suffer through it; if she truly was so stubborn as to persist as she seemed to think... then she would surrender herself to the consequences.  Perhaps having to limp would enlighten her on how true weakness felt.
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

Rue   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rue    Rue   - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 12:33 am

There was a tension in the air that felt palpable to Shintara as she waited, taking deliberate breaths in and out as the silence lingered for a moment. She'd spoken up and made her intent clear, and she knew that the Glaceon's next words would decide how this would go. For a moment, thoughts tugged at the back of her mind. Hesitation. Was this really the best way of going about this? Was she getting in way over her head? What if Sova really, irreparably hurt her? Wasn't there a mission he was supposed to be doing right now?

The thoughts were there for a moment, and they threatened to distract her, but the Absol swiftly ushered those thoughts out of her head. She knew exactly what she wanted, and she wouldn't be dissuaded from it.

Sova spoke once more, and he addressed her. Between having called her Shaniqua earlier and then calling her stupid, she felt her brow furrow and her mouth tighten up into a pout. Sure, if he couldn't remember her name, that was fine, but he didn't have to call her a stupid girl, and he could have asked her if he'd gotten her name right. She wanted to say something to him about it, but she didn't get the chance.

The air around the Glaceon became much thicker, much denser than before as it grew colder. Then, there was another gust. This time the gust of wind came from behind her, as if to maybe prevent a retreat, or to push her closer to Sova as he rushed towards her with an attack. She only had a matter of seconds to think things over, but Shintara had an idea, an idea stemming from her previous encounter with Sova's gusts of wind.

She began to move forwards, taking a few steps towards her opponent with the wind behind her. She almost tripped up at first, but the Absol managed to find her footing with the newfound speed she'd acquired from the wind. Quickly, Sova began to near her, and as he did he turned and seemed ready to throw himself at her side-first, probably aiming to just slam into her if she had to make a guess. As he turned, Shintara quickly enacted her plan and popped upwards out of her lower stance, kicking off the ground and making a solid attempt at leaping over the Glaceon.

For the most part, it had worked. She was successfully clearing him, and she figured she might actually land and be able to get an attack off. Then, she felt it. As she jumped, there was suddenly a piercing, sharp pain in one of her front legs. She hadn't quite fully cleared Sova, and the bottom half of one of her front legs had made contact with his sharp, spiked fur. The pain from getting her front leg impaled on tons of small, pointed quills was bad enough, but there was something else that made things worse.

This was the very same leg that had gotten hurt by a Durant a short time ago, when it had shut its pincers tightly around the leg. Back when she'd been with Jaden and the others with that weird cult stuff. It practically felt like her leg had been crushed, but it had finally been healing. Now with this new injury, the pain from the previous wound was back, only significantly worsened with the new sensation.

And if that wasn't enough, her momentum continued to carry her forwards, and the piercing sensations in her leg became pulling, tearing, horrible pains as her leg dragged forwards, cutting through her leg and further agitating and enlarging the initial wounds.

As Shintara landed on the other side of Sova her eyes widened, and her mouth opened as she strained to let out a pained cry, but nothing came. As much as she wanted to cry out or yell, nothing was coming to her. She staggered and tried to hold her freshly re-injured front leg off the ground, but the Glaceon wasn't finished with her. She felt something lock tightly on the back of her neck, his jaws, and it felt like the ground suddenly rose to meet her. Or rather, she was slammed down into it.

The onslaught didn't stop, and she barely had the time to register the force of his jaws closing shut on the back of her neck, or his fangs breaking skin and dealing some damage of their own. She hit the ground hard, her side joining the parts of her body that were in some serious pain alongside her leg and her neck. He didn't seem to plan on holding her down there though, as she soon felt herself pulled back up for a moment.

Not having had a chance to catch her breath yet, she felt a temptation to try and do so here, but at this point she knew better. She had gone through some training, even if it wasn't much, and judging from that and her own assumptions she didn't think he'd be pulling her up unless he had an attack planned.

She kept her mouth shut as Sova slammed her back down on the ground, and sure enough, one of his paws slammed down on her chest, sending another sharp, throbbing pain through the area. Her whole body ached, and as he held her down she let out a few choked groans, gritting her teeth as she squirmed on the ground in his grip.

Her entire body was wracked with pain, but she was still conscious. Even if only barely, even if her eyes felt heavy and her mind felt hazy, the shapes she could sense beginning to flicker in her mind. Weakly, she managed to kick out with her hind legs, making attempts at kicking out at the area. She didn't know if Sova was even standing around them at this point, or if she'd manage to hit him or do anything, but it was one of the only things she could think to do at the moment.

And then he pressed down, and she felt something push down onto her already injured leg. The force sent all sorts of waves of pain through her body, intensifying the already existing pain in the area as he put pressure on the wounds there. Shintara squeezed her eyes shut and gritted her teeth more, letting out humming sounds as she tried to suppress a cry. With the pressure continuing to be applied to the area, she finally couldn't help herself and let out a whimper, closing her eyes as she felt them water up.

Despite everything, she still struggled on the ground, wriggling around to hopelessly try and pull free. She continued to kick out with her hind legs, and even after it all, even if she wouldn't stay that way for much longer, even if in an incredible amount of pain, she was still conscious.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Rue   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rue    Rue   - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 2:49 am

To Sova's surprise, the absol managed to avoid his first strike; whether that ended up being a good thing for her was debatable, but it was the right decision in concept, and that was impressive. Still, she was too short to clear him, and this ended in perhaps worse injury than she would have received otherwise. Her leg had been caught and riven against his bristled fur, leaving it a bloody mess. Now they were on the same level in usable limbs, and that did not bode well for her. Despite the severity of the girl's semi-self-inflicted wound, Sova didn't even hesitate to continue his assault, and as expected, she was still helpless. He threw her into the ground, ignoring the possibility of furthering the already-severe damage to her leg, then lifted her body just to slam her down again. He took note of her not trying to breathe in, which meant she was either too weak or too smart to try. Based on the impressive reaction earlier, he assumed it was the latter; despite her obvious weakness, this absol actually seemed competent.

Unfortunately, some semblance to skill was far from enough to carry her through this fight. Even with the few good choices she was able to make, it did little-to-nothing to help in the end, perhaps even making it worse for her. With the girl at his mercy, Sova chose her bloodied leg to stamp his paw down on, demonstrating the total lack of compassion she had claimed to want. She flailed in futility in some pathetic attempt to free herself, clearly trying all the while not to cry; it was actually admirable, and certainly the least expected outcome. The glaceon had assumed that she would have just begged for him to stop upon realizing the sheer stupidity of her request, or at least passed out from her own weakness, yet here she was... Well, enough pain would still elicit one of the two reactions eventually, and this was exactly what she had asked for.

"Is this what you wanted?" Sova growled under his breath, but still audibly enough. He had a distinct sound of anger in his voice, but it wasn't exactly directed at her; he was agitated with her apparent desire to get herself killed as well as her insistence on making him hurt her, but he'd pushed both these concerns to the back of his mind. Now, he just wanted her to know how ignorant she was for begging for this, and more importantly, he wanted to remind her that she had asked for it. Pressing down harder on her tattered leg, he could feel the blood staining his paw... as if he couldn't already see it just fine. He waited to hear her give up, or for her body to do it for her, but she was surprisingly willful. She was clearly in agony and it was just getting worse by the second, and yet she was pushing herself to endure, still trying to fight by kicking at him with her legs. He didn't bother trying to avoid these futile attempts to get away, instead letting the absol's paws bat harmlessly at his armored fur. If anything, she was doing nothing but making it worse on herself once more by throwing her paws into his blade-like quills.

Upon realizing he wasn't going to hear the words "I quit," and after a moment of contemplation, the glaceon lifted his paw from his victim. He circled calmly around to her back, leaving her legs behind after deciding he wasn't actually interested in breaking any of them. He lowered his head and bit into her neck once more, speaking as he did so. "No, come on..." he huffed, sounding as if he were doing a chore. Muffled through the absol's white fur, he continued, "You're not done yet," whilst dragging her up off the ground. Instead of throwing her down again, he simply held her up by her scruff, allowing her to get her footing before finally releasing her. She could barely stand, but as expected, she could. Sova backed away and put about a foot of distance between the two of them, but to his surprise, he was rushed by the barely-functioning opposition. He had expected her to stand, but not to be capable of going for another strike, or at least, not so quickly. She stumbled weakly into him and attempted to throw her horn at him, but he simply ducked and stepped into her, avoiding the attack whilst simultaneously refusing to be forced back by it.

Sova lifted his front paw and threw it forward to push the absol off of him before she could get any ideas about collapsing over him; or worse yet, fainting on him. She seemed about ready to drop, but he wanted her to stay up for just a moment longer. Without even a moment of hesitance, he spun in a counterclockwise motion so as to slam his tail into the absol's face; the direction was important, as he was trying to avoid the horn and make it as hard as possible for her to attempt to block, if she was even capable of such a thing at this point. He put forth the effort to aim for her cheek, not wanting his quills to scratch an eye out, but beyond that, he held nothing back.
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

Rue   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rue    Rue   - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 5:19 pm

Sova was making good on her request to not go easy on her, and she was definitely feeling it now. His paw pressed down harder on her hurt leg, and unable to keep herself from quieting down after she'd already whimpered, the Absol began to growl quietly in response to the Glaceon's remark to her, letting out a few grunts as she continued to kick at him. Maybe it was because of the intensity of the pain she was already in, but she didn't seem to register the fact that she was kicking her paws against more quills. Whether it was from the realization of what exactly she was doing, or just from her lack of energy, she soon began to slow down in her kicking, ceasing what she was doing.

However, she soon felt the pressure release from her leg, and she felt the weight holding her down lessen as her opponent stepped off of her. He was continuing to talk, but at this point his voice sounded a bit garbled to her. She was still bordering the line between consciousness and unconsciousness, but from what she could make out, it sounded like he was...nope, actually, she really couldn't make much out.

Once more, she felt Sova's jaws close onto her neck, and as he lifted her up she instinctively held her breath, expecting him to slam her back down once more. However, after a few seconds of simply being held there, she turned her head to him and opened her eyes once more(not that it helped her much, but it was a social convention, 'looking' at others). Her eyes still watered, but she seemed to hold tears back well enough to keep them from falling down her cheek.

Seeming to get what he wanted, Shintara finally took in a breath of air, gasping slightly as she got her footing on the ground. She made sure to keep her injured leg up, knowing better then to put her weight down on it, but between the lack of energy and a fourth usable leg, she nearly fell back over once Sova let her go. She managed to stay up, though, and turned towards the Glaceon as he backed away.

She knew she wouldn't be conscious for long, and she didn't have much more time to try and get at least one hit in on him. If she could just get at least one...

Wasting no time, the Absol lunged forwards with one more attack, swinging her head downwards to try and strike the Glaceon with her horn. Once more, just like all the other attempts she'd made before, he ducked down and caused her to simply run into him. In the next moment, she felt him shove her back with a paw, and she could vaguely sense his body spinning around. Unable to do much to protect herself from his next attack, his tail spun around and whacked her in the cheek, leaving a cut there and sending Shintara back down to the ground once more, falling there on her side.

As she fell, she knew she was ready to pass out. She'd tried, she'd put as much effort as she could possibly muster, but she couldn't hold out any longer. The Absol took a few deep gasps of air as she stayed down, but before she passed out, she had something she had to say.

"I-It's..." Shintara opened her mouth and mumbled, her voice quiet and inaudible to Sova. Just barely, she could sense him stepping closer, probably so he could actually hear what she had to say. When he moved up to her, she turned her head and 'looked' up at him.

Was this about to be a cheap shot? Yes. Did she feel bad about it? Yes.

Did she feel badly enough about it to not try and give the Glaceon what would be a generally harmless slap? No. She wouldn't count it as a hit, but she'd still take the shot.

Reaching up with her injured leg, Shintara swung her paw out at Sova's face, striking him with a fairly weak slap as she frowned at him. She brought her paw back down, giving him a second to register it. He might have said something, but she frankly wasn't sure given how exhausted she was.

"...'m not Shaniqua...n-not stupid...i-it's Shintara...s-stupid..." Returning the favor for his previous comments on her, and finally reminding him of her name, she let go of the consciousness she'd been clinging to and passed out, going limp on the ground.

Was the experience worth it? Yeah, she thought so. She was in an incredible amount of pain, but...she'd pushed her limits. She'd learned what they were. Now she could work at increasing those limits.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Rue   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rue    Rue   - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 11:49 pm

After the last hit, now Sova had decided they were done. He wanted the absol to suffocate under the weight of her own decision for long enough to understand how dangerous and futile it was. However, he wasn't willing to keep beating on her long past the point where she was clearly incapable of continuing. In truth, he was impressed she had even gone on so long; he'd half-expected her to just drop the second he'd pulled her up, but she was able not only to stay standing, but even to rush him and lash out. She was incredibly determined if nothing else, and she surprisingly seemed to hold a bit of understanding of how to fight. The willfulness may have been natural, but given how feeble she was, it seemed likely that her understanding of battle had been instilled by someone else. Had she learned how to fight properly on her own through experience, she should have been much stronger. Still, what little knowledge she had demonstrated seemed to have been burned into her instincts, and if it wasn't, then she was a very quick thinker; it was impressive regardless.

Sova's ears twitched upon picking up a faint sound from his victim- no, she was no victim. Surely, the last thing she wanted was to be viewed in such a light. He couldn't hear what it was she had said, bringing him to lean in closer so she could repeat it without having to speak up. The fact that she was even awake was more than enough to admire, and she was bringing herself to speak on top of it all. What could possibly have been so important that she would persevere through what had to be a fine mix of agony just to make herself heard? It seemed disrespectful to simply shrug away whatever words she was willing to go through the additional pain to vocalize. As he brought himself closer to the absol, tilting his head and pointing his right ear toward the collapsed heap of white fur, she suddenly pulled a paw up to swat him in the face. "The fuck?" he spoke in a mix of surprise and confusion and recoiled away from the absol. He could feel the saturation of blood in the fur on his cheek; not only had this girl apparently baited him in just to smack him, but she'd also done so with her shredded, bloodied leg...

However, there actually was something she wanted to say: she wasn't Shaniqua, and she wasn't stupid. Her last breaths of consciousness were spent... defending her pride. "Shintara," the glaceon repeated after a pause; she was already out, but it was more for himself anyway. He had just considered her some cocky fool from the start, but he was coming to realize that she was... different. She was a fool, but cocky? No. With his body and mind settling down, a jolt of pain finally shot through the fox, bringing him to shudder. He remained standing, until the second wave... then the third, at which point he finally fell into a sitting position, struggling to keep himself standing tall and proud. His breathing grew deep whilst his body fell still; he was beginning to understand that the best way to deal with this was just to ride it out. He grit his teeth, staring down at the collapsed absol.

"Shintara..." he repeated the name once more, straining through the pain to speak. "You're just like me... Please... don't be..." he continued, knowing full well she wasn't awake to hear him. His words were more to himself, grieving for a philosophy he knew from his own experience to be damned. The ice around his fur began to melt as his internal temperature raised, and the entirety of his body seemed to slouch in a mix of exhaustion and renewed disappointment. Shintara... would end up killing herself... or worse: she would end up like him. He wished his life on no one, let alone some kid who seemed so... kind. Despite wanting to fight him, she was so timid, and surprisingly respectful for someone looking for conflict. Now that Shintara was unconscious, Sova regretted not trying to talk to her instead of just granting her wish.

She had a bag. The glaceon yanked it from around her neck, figuring she wouldn't stir to complain with the state she was in. He was here on a mission, which he had forgotten for a bit, but at the same time, he couldn't just leave this absol alone with the state she was in after fighting him. He still didn't want to use his own supplies if she had some of her own, but he wanted to make sure she could at least defend herself before just... leaving her. He spread the mouth of the bag open with his good leg and peered in, taking in a variety of... stuff. Most of it was of no particular interest to him, but his eyes caught one very particular little trinket: a pretty little rock that he recognized all too well... She had a mega stone, and more importantly, she hadn't used it in their fight. She had to have known that she didn't need to hold back against him, and the fight seemed important enough to her for it to be worth using such a power, so why...

"Why didn't you..." he muttered, but dismissed it and continued his search. It didn't take long to spot a reviver seed; good, he thought; her death wish wasn't so driving as to dictate she not bring along proper provisions. He lowered his head into the bag and gripped the seed in his teeth before dropping it next to the absol's face. He waited for a moment, as if expecting her to spring to life and eat it, before finally deciding to just kinda... make her. Carefully managing his own balance, he used his good leg to push the seed into Shintara's mouth, with... questionable success. It took a few tries, but in the end, it was a success. Sort of. The seed got in her mouth, and that was all that mattered. Holding things with paws was hard.

He stood over the absol in silence as he waited for her to awake, fairly certain he was bringing her into what would be an unpleasant consciousness. He didn't care how much pain she was in as long as she wasn't dead to the world and waiting for something to come pick her off. Well, he did sort of care about the pain she would surely be in, but it was still better than the alternative of leaving her.
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

Rue   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rue    Rue   - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 2:19 am

It took a few moments after the Reviver Seed was ever-so-skillfully pushed into her mouth, but soon after, the Absol began to stir.

The first thing she noticed was her surroundings, and where she was. As she came to, the wind currents began to register in her mind, and she could sense the now familiar shape of Sova standing by her. It seemed like he hadn't left her after their fight...or if he had, he'd come back just in time for her to wake up. How long had she been out? She actually wasn't really sure about that, that was probably a good question.

That would have to wait, though, because the second thing she noticed was that she was in pain. A lot of it. Sure, she'd woken up and regained her energy, but her body still ached. She could feel one of her front legs covered in a warm, wet substance. Her still hazy mind thinking back to their battle, she remembered what exactly had happened to her leg, and with the memory came the pain.

She let out a groan and immediately tried to stand up, careful to stay off her injured paw. Of course, she was still just waking up, and so unsurprisingly she fell back down about halfway there, hitting the ground on her side and grimacing slightly. She elected to stay there for a few seconds.

"U-uh..." The Absol turned her head towards Sova and hesitated slightly, as if unsure of what to say to him. She knew she wanted to thank him, and she wanted to talk to him about the fight, but...where was she supposed to start?

"S-sorry...for slapping you b-back there, that was k-kind of cheap...a-and sorry for k-keeping you from your m-mission...but th-thank you. F-for the battle, and the r-reviver seed..." She finally spoke up, sounding a bit sheepish as she nodded to the Glaceon. Looking over to her bag, she grabbed the strap of it in her jaws and pulled it back over to her, using her good paw to open the bag. She reached in and dug around, before seeming to settle on an object to drag out: a Reaper Cloth.

She lifted her injured leg up and slid the Reaper Cloth under it, placing it back down and beginning to go through the meticulous process of tying the cloth around her leg. It was tough, definitely, but she could at least make some progress on it as she laid there, taking the time to regain her strength. Or at least, what she could of it.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Rue   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rue    Rue   - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 3:13 am

It didn't take long for the seed to start working, and in what should have been an expected effort by this point, the absol almost immediately decided to try and get up. She was still injured and very clearly aware of the pain, and yet here she was, trying to get up. Sova would have assumed she just wanted to avoid looking weak in front of him, but with what he knew, if she really was like him, then... his presence didn't matter. He felt sympathetic toward her struggle, and now that he was returning to a normal state of mind, he admittedly felt bad about hurting her. But, after all, she had quite literally asked for it, so he could only feel so bad and probably would have felt even worse otherwise. Besides, she didn't want pity; instead of asking for help, she immediately went to tending to her own injuries, struggling to wrap her ravaged leg up and stop the bleeding. Then she spoke, and her words shared a great deal of character depth.

After the rather drawn-out, clearly sincere apology and show of gratitude, the only thing Sova do was... laugh. It wasn't in mockery, nor meant to be insensitive, and in fact, he'd even tried to restrain himself, but to no avail. He let out a genuine, lighthearted giggle through a poor attempt at suppression; he gave up and the sounds turned to unrestrained laughter, though still... quiet, at least, relative to how he felt. He had never been particularly noisy even as a child, and nowadays, he was just... quiet. Laughter was a rarity for him, but this situation was enough to bring it out of him, in stark contrast to how he had felt mere seconds beforehand. His thoughts were truly nothing demeaning; rather, it was praise in his mind, if anything. Shintara was apologizing to him, and thanking him for using her supplies. At that, now that he could see she was... alive if nothing else, he was afforded an opportunity to appreciate the sheer spite that had been demonstrated in the crude slap.

His giggling fit was short-lived, and when it faded, he decided to explain himself and ensure he meant no offense. "It was your seed," he spoke up with a cheery tone that may as well have been foreign to him. He rarely got to feel like this nowadays, but there was just something about this absol's immovable personality that was... appealing. She reminded him a lot of himself, at least in his younger days, and that wasn't entirely negative in connotation. But, this perky demeanor was quickly watered down with his next words. "Don't thank me for that, don't apologize, and quit with the stutter." His tone was now more demanding while still having a bit of the positive atmosphere. He wasn't necessarily annoyed, but he wanted to make one thing very clear to this girl. He turned his good side toward her and lowered himself, offering his shoulder for her to help herself up on. After her efforts, she deserved a bit of help, even if she didn't want to ask for it. Perhaps more importantly, Sova wanted to help her.

Despite Shintara's obvious lack of power, she had earned the sullen, insensitive glaceon's respect over the course of their short period of interaction. He no longer wished to mock her behavior,
and while he may still have viewed her as a child, it was less... negative in meaning. She acted a bit like a kid and had about as much strength as one, but she had resolve, and with how polite and anxious she seemed to be, it was hard to hate her. Sova wanted her to know that she had earned the right to be at ease around him, if nothing else. Child or not, she didn't have to treat him like her superior. She had practically begged to be his peer, and after being granted her request, she showed no signs of regret. She'd gone through with it until the end, and even now, she asked for no help nor pity. This was perhaps the biggest positive influence on Sova's mood, and he didn't want the absol to ruin it by being all pathetic and respectful.

"You fought me as an equal. Act like it."
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

Rue   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rue    Rue   - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 4:04 pm

In the midst of attempting to tie the cloth around her leg, Shintara had continued to listen for the Glaceon's response. The response she got was...definitely a surprising one. Sova, the Pokemon she'd mostly seen as being quiet and stoic, the one who had fought her so fiercely before, the one who hadn't seemed to want much to do with her at the start of all this...was laughing. Not just laughing, but giggling.

She didn't know how to feel about that at first, her face reddening a bit as she continued to "look" towards Sova, one of the ends of the cloth she was tying still in her mouth. She quickly turned her head away, focusing down on her leg as she used her good paw and her mouth to continue in an attempt to tie it, equal parts to continue taking care of her leg and to hide her embarrassment. Her first thought was that he was laughing at her, maybe for her performance earlier or for falling back down, she wasn't sure but her mind was immediately jumping to worst-case scenarios for her.

However, as she finished tugging the cloth tightly around her leg, the Glaceon spoke up once more, and elaborated. She released the now tied cloth and turned to the other Pokemon, her face still a little red, but now for different reasons. He'd told her that it was her seed he'd used, and then he continued on to say she didn't need to thank him or apologize. Of course, he also told her to drop the stutter, which...she would probably have to explain was easier said than done. Or...was it, in the case of a stutter? It was probably still hard said.

Most of all, though, at the end of it he turned his good side towards her and lowered himself, as if to offer help getting back up, before telling her she'd fought him as an equal. It felt like she was getting a lot of...was praise the right word for it? He'd given her some commands, but it still felt like he was complimenting her.

"Th-the stutter isn't something th-that I can just st-stop, it's kind of s-something I've had m-my whole life..." The Absol explained, beginning to stand up once more and leaning on the Glaceon for support this time. She didn't seem afraid to put as much force on him as she needed to in order to stand up, relying on him heavily for the time being to find her footing.

"I don't th-think I could c-call myself equal, but...I understand wh-what you're saying. Th-thank you..." She continued to say, a smile coming to her face as she nodded to the Glaceon, waiting a moment before correcting herself.

"...f-for the help, getting m-me up and all." Shintara knew he didn't want her to thank him for using the reviver seed, or maybe even for the battle, but...she could still thank him for the help he was giving her now, couldn't she? She still leaned against the Glaceon, keeping her injured leg off the ground and struggling to find her footing still.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Rue   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rue    Rue   - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 5:33 pm

The absol accepted the help, and she was easy enough to support. It helped, of course, that Sova was very strong for his species, enough so to make up for his... moderately crippled condition. He didn't so much as waver under the strain of holding up the weight of someone larger than himself. He listened silently as the stuttering girl responded, first addressing just that: she had always stuttered, apparently. Disappointing, but he couldn't help but wonder if it was physical or psychological in nature. Either way, it was sad, but both were potentially fixable, and if she knew which one it was, maybe she could work on it. However, Sova had no intention of pushing the topic, especially if it happened to be something she was sensitive about. He didn't particularly care about upsetting or offending someone, but right now, he just wasn't feeling it. Besides, there was plenty more to talk about, such as Shintara's misinterpretation of what he'd said about her fighting him as an equal.

He ignored the thanks; it wasn't as if he didn't care about the gesture, but he just wasn't very interested in acknowledging something so pointless. All he was doing was helping her off the ground, and in truth, he didn't want to think too much about it. She would probably end up bleeding on his brand new cloak, and he wasn't sure how easy it would be to get those stains out of it. Granted, it wasn't as if he was too poor to just... buy another, and he certainly wasn't going to say "Ew get off, don't die all over my fancy clothes." He instead chose to simply ignore the probability of his cloak being ruined. "I never said you were my equal. You're not," he explained in a neutral and matter-of-fact manner, showing a lack of any offense taken, but also of any real care for offending the absol. He was just being honest in correcting her and explaining what he had meant, and he wasn't going to sugercoat it. "But you asked me to treat you as if you were. You chose to fight me like that. You had to have had some idea of how it'd end, so... you deserve a bit of credit for that, if nothing else."

Complimenting others wasn't something he did often, but he found that others didn't often do anything worth a compliment, at least in his eyes. This absol, however, had one thing he was already beginning to like: spirit. Unfortunately, she seemed completely unable to outwardly express this positive personality trait, between her extreme politeness and the stutter. Then, beyond that, there weren't many nice things going through the glaceon's head. He was starting to like her, but that just made him all the more annoyed at the life she seemed to be choosing for herself. From what he could tell, she was bright, but she was wasting herself striving for power instead of doing something that would actually make her happy. Or... maybe being strong would make her happy; maybe Sova's case was the anomaly. He wasn't sure which possibility bothered him more, but if he had to choose... it was probably the prior. Despite everything, the thought of him having been even further cheated out of a pleasant life through sheer bad luck than he'd thought was actually more appealing than the idea of some girl he barely knew ending up like him.

He wanted to give his opinion on this way of life before leaving her, but he also wanted to get to know her a bit more, just to see if perhaps there was some detail he was missing. "You... Why'd you come all the way out here just to get your ass handed to you? I know you said you want to get stronger, but you don't do that withou-" he questioned and began to elaborate, showing little restraint toward the idea of prying. However, before he could finish, a sharp pain surged through his body, coming from everywhere at once. It didn't ripple out from any particular source, and it came on in an instant; on top of that, it was intense, and all of that was too much for him to take with no no warning. It was all he could do to prevent himself from letting out more than a groan as his body convulsed and collapsed. The white cloak draped itself over the ground around him, covering the majority of his form. For a few beats, he could feel his pulse, but it was... wrong. It brought pain, is if his blood were acid.

Fortunately, the sensations began die down almost as soon as they had emerged, but it was less comforting than it should have been. He knew he'd feel the same the next time he fought or strained himself doing anything else, and he wasn't sure if he'd ever be able to get used to it. More importantly, he wondered if it was in his head, and if it was being affected by his... condition. Was taking a mission really the best idea when he was kind of still in recovery? What if it turned out he couldn't do the job? Then... if something went wrong... it would all be on him.
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

Rue   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rue    Rue   - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 12:56 am

Sure enough, she took no offense to the Glaceon's clarifications. She simply nodded her head understandingly as he spoke, and showed no response to his stating that they weren't equals. It wasn't like it was anything new to her, she knew full and well they were on completely different levels. That was why she had sought him out, after all. It was nothing for her to be upset about, it was only something for her to understand and work towards changing.

He continued on to to say she had to have had some idea as to how their fight was going to end, and that wasn't wrong either. She felt a smile come to her face as she took his words as a compliment, starting to try and step away from the Glaceon. Her attempt to carry herself on her own just yet nearly failed, though, and so she stumbled back into Sova, standing there and taking a few breaths. The Absol had no plans to overstay her welcome in leaning on the other Pokemon, and so she planned to move away from him once more in another moment or two.

Sova began to question her again, and Shintara couldn't help but snort at his remark about her coming all this way to get her ass handed to her. That...was true enough, honestly. She couldn't deny that, and hearing it phrased that way amused her. Sure, she hadn't just come to get absolutely beaten in a fight with him, but...that was the expected outcome, wasn't it?

Before she could respond, though, she suddenly felt Sova drop to the ground, letting out a groan. Surprised, and still using him for support, the Absol let out a surprised cry and couldn't help but fall over on top of the Glaceon, landing on him as he hit the ground. Her first thought was that the Glaceon was hurt, though, that didn't make much sense. Sure, he had that problem with his leg, but he'd handled himself plenty well throughout their battle. He only seemed to be having these problems after the fact, which would imply that it was something that happened during the battle, but...she'd never landed a hit on him. The only hit she'd landed was that weak little slap at the very end, that couldn't possibly have been...

Oh, but first, she was currently sandwiching him against the ground. That was a problem, especially if he'd been hurt. The Absol rolled off of the Glaceon and onto the ground beside him, before pushing herself up. This time, she stumbled, but she managed to catch herself, finally feeling able to hold herself up on three legs.

"A-are you okay?" She questioned him, concerned as she peered down at him from beside him. As if to repay the favor from before, she carefully lowered herself to the ground, keeping Sova on her good side as she offered herself for him to use to help himself up if he needed it.

"I-I didn't slap you th-that hard, d-did I?" Shintara continued to ask, the slightest bit of humor intermingled with some concern in her voice.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Rue   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rue    Rue   - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 6:01 am

The pain didn't get a chance to subside before being aggravated by the entirety of an absol falling on top of the glaceon. Sova struggled in his endeavor not to cry out, holding his breath and falling silent as he waited the misery out. It helped when he felt Shintara's weight lift from atop him, but that left him worried about her trying to stand on her own. When he finally felt stable enough to make a sound without having to worry about it coming out as a pathetic whine, he gave a long, drawn-out groan. He could hear the question of if he was okay, but he ignored it for the moment, having no desire to answer such a thing. He didn't want to lie and say he was fine, but at the same time, he also didn't want to tell the truth and risk getting pity or criticism. He had chosen this, and given the opportunity, he would have chosen it again. No matter the cost, it was worth it if it enabled him to better do his job, and to help others. He could and would endure it, forever if possible, all for the sake of ensuring he was never too weak to help.

Then came a remark about how the absol had slapped him earlier, and if that was the cause of the sudden distress. He couldn't help but let out a chuckle, though it was strained and led into a painful coughing fit. "Yeah, you really got me," he returned the sentiment of the humor, then glanced up at the absol to see... the tables had turned. In an instant he felt his good mood dampen; he was now the one being offered help, and he didn't like it. He tried to remind himself that the girl was doing absolutely nothing wrong and, in fact, should have been receiving a "thank you" for the gesture, but... he just couldn't do it. He wasn't mad at her, but he was resentful toward the situation, and he certainly wasn't going to accept the assistance. "I'm fine," he assured in a more serious tone, pulling himself off the ground in the process. His legs shook at first, but after being given a moment to readjust, his body was working properly again.

He lifted his front leg to take a step forward only to be hit by a wave of dizziness. Things slowed down for a moment, and he was reminded of how he was supposed to be working on not only respecting the wishes of others, but also accepting their help. Unfortunately, all choice in the matter disappeared as he fell over, happening to tip to the side the absol was on. His eyes fell shut and the world began to spin, then there was the feeling of him hitting the soft fur of the larger creature. There was a split second of him feeling support on his weight before it was ripped away, at which point he snapped out of his daze and realized he had just knocked Shintara over. His eyes shot open and he fought against the dizziness and caught himself, then stumbled toward the absol and bit into her scruff once more, this time more... gently, so as to hold her up. He figured she'd be able to get her footing after a moment, and she did; then and only then did he allow himself to feel the guilt.

He released the fur in his mouth once he was confident Shintara could stand on her own once more. "Fuck, I'm sorry. Are you alright?" he questioned a bit more frantically than intended, having a momentary lapse in composure due to guilt and concern. He was supposed to be helping her stand after beating her into a cripple, but he had done quite the opposite thus far. On top of everything else, it was embarrassing. He didn't want to make excuses for himself, and so he neglected to explain the reason behind his sudden lack of motor skills. Despite having pretty extensive nerve damage, it was actually the ribbon causing the present problems... mostly. However, he had no desire to admit it, partly for the aforementioned reason and partly because he didn't want whatever reaction "Hey I cursed myself with eternal agony" would elicit.
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

Rue   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rue    Rue   - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 3:24 pm

Shintara couldn't help but smile and laugh just a little at Sova's initial response, shaking her head as she waited to see if he'd get up with her help or on his own. He seemed to claim that he was fine, and so the Absol nodded her head, trusting that and starting to stand up. However, as she did, she suddenly felt something hit her side. It wasn't like she couldn't have held something like a Glaceon up before, but between not expecting it, and it feeling like Sova had just thrown all his weight on her, she let out a surprised yell and struggled to find her footing. Which, given she was falling towards her bad side, she only really had one paw at her disposal to do that with...

Luckily, before she could fully fall over she felt the Glaceon's jaws grab her scruff, and for a moment she winced and tensed up, reminded of their fight when he'd grabbed her around the same area. However, after another passing second she noted that his grip was a bit more gentle this time around. Feeling herself relax once more, she quickly scrambled to find her footing and stood up once more, turning towards Sova as he spoke up.

He was...apologizing to her? He'd tripped, or collapsed, one of those two things, but he hadn't intentionally tried to knock her over or anything. Not that she could tell, at least. The Absol didn't want to dwell long on it.
"I-it's fine, just sc-scared me a little. A t-tiny fall l-like that w-wouldn't be too bad." She responded, not holding any hard feelings against the Glaceon. Of course, now she was really curious about what was up with him, but she didn't want to ask just yet. Besides, he'd been in the middle of something before falling over anyways.

"Ah...y-you were saying, before, y-you don't c-come all the way out here t-to get your ass handed to you w-without...?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rue   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rue    Rue   - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rue
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: The Southeast :: Venen Gulch-
Jump to: