Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery
 
HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests


-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!
Check out the Staff Recruitment thread if you are interested in becoming a staff member!

Summer Harvest Event

Want to keep up to date with site happenings? Here's the June News Thread!



Share | 
 

 Here's Your Sign

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Badger
Record Checker
avatar

Posts : 274
Poké : 200
Join date : 2016-05-07
Age : 18
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Here's Your Sign   Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:12 am

The inmate, almost unnatural beauty of the Fallen Leaf Copse went almost unnoticed by Maxie as she made her way across the lake by the square stepping stones that bridged the mainland with the island. The mawile was, perhaps a little unjustly, upset. She had gone to the bulletin board in the Grassveil Guild to claim a job for her guild team; Team Tanacity. To Maxie's dismay, there were few jobs that weren't claimed already and were of a level which her newly formed team could take on. This left her team with the simple, easy, yet boring task of placing signs along a designated route. Were they being helpful? Yes. Were they being rewarded? Yes. Would this benefit them? Probably, yes. But was it heroic? Not in the thrilling sense. Nor was it particularly in the spirit of exploration given the locations the signs were to be placed were predetermined. But it was the team's first mission, and in a place Maxie had never been before, so perhaps it was fair for a first mission. Nevertheless, Maxie found it very underwhelming.

"Signs. First mission. Put up some signs," Maxie sighed. "Sorry it's so... Menial? Boring? Underwhelming?"

_________________

Roll Reminder:
 
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/view/badgerwithakeyboard/home
TheViolet

avatar

Posts : 34
Poké : 640
Join date : 2017-06-07
Age : 19
Location : Canada 'Eh

PostSubject: Re: Here's Your Sign   Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:16 pm

From his vantage point up in the sky above the tree line Arlo was easily able to pick out the route he and Maxie were running. The majestic sighs were something to behold, but now was not the time for sightseeing, they were on the job and vigilance was key. After making a mental note of their path for the immediate future Arlo took a dive, rocketing down to the ground landing next to Maxie just in time to hear her muttering to herself.

"Oh come on Maxie, you're making it seem like we're saving babies from trees. This job may be as easy as taking candy from kittens at the moment, but that doesn't mean that danger isn't lurking around every corner. Who knows, we could be being watched at this very moment, unsuspecting until it's too late; WE'RE AMBUSHED AND SEPARATED! RUN, LEAVE ME I'LL HOLD THEM OFF, SAVE YOURSELF!" Falling to his knees in an overly dramatic fashion as he shouted, and acting as if his leg was broken Arlo urged Maxie to run away before he plopped face onto the ground and lay motionless. A couple of long moments passed before he picked his face off the dirt and continued, "or we're just having a nice stroll through the woods together and gaining 'hero credit' for it. I say it's a win-win scenario"
Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker
avatar

Posts : 274
Poké : 200
Join date : 2016-05-07
Age : 18
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: Here's Your Sign   Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:35 pm

Maxie stood stark still as she watched her companion perform an impressively overacted scene before her. As hard as she tried, though, she could resist the effects of the little emolga's antics and a smile took form upon her face. She shook her head and the smile faded. "I'd rather be saving babies from trees—I'd have to have a talk with the parents afterwards and find out how exactly the babies made it into the trees in the first place... But that's more heroic than putting up signs. Small-town-hero sort of heroic, but heroic all the same."

The mawile placed the post of the first sign—the first of many—against the soft dirt where Arlo had planted his face. She held it in place with one hand as the bottom jaw of her maw-like horns slammed (relatively) lightly into the wooden post. "They didn't really give us a tool for this, so it's a good thing I've got you, Gilbert..." she mumbled as she worked the post into the dirt. "Don't get me wrong, I would enjoy a nice leisurely stroll through these beautiful woods," she started in a more audible tone. "It's just... I think I'd enjoy a few scraps more. And I'm not really worried about us getting overwhelmed. I'm pretty confident I can handle myself."

_________________

Roll Reminder:
 
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/view/badgerwithakeyboard/home
TheViolet

avatar

Posts : 34
Poké : 640
Join date : 2017-06-07
Age : 19
Location : Canada 'Eh

PostSubject: Re: Here's Your Sign   Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:04 am

"It is a odd they didn't give us a tool to put these things the ground. Like, how do they expect me to do it? Drop them from the tree tops? Actually that might work..." After Maxie got the sign in the ground Arlo straigtened up, having a look at the rest of the signs they had to place and sighing a little at the work left to be done.

"Well, if all goes really quiet we would always duke it out. We've been a team and friends for awhile but we've never actually sparred. The only time I've ever come close to actually hitting you is when we first met. I think it might be fun, that is if you're not afraid of a little shock." Arlo hopped up and down on the ground infront of Maxie shadow boxing a Maxie sized figure just to illustrate his point.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker
avatar

Posts : 274
Poké : 200
Join date : 2016-05-07
Age : 18
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: Here's Your Sign   Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:20 pm

The mawile shook her head—the jaw-like horns behind her mimicking the motion. "I'm not afraid of a little shock. I'd be more concerned for you; do you think you can handle these?" Maxie said as she chomped the air with her large steel horns. "I know an Ice-type move—you're weak to Ice-type moves," she walked around the shadow boxing emolga, continuing along their designated route toward the next location to post a sign. I wouldn't say no to a little contest, I'm just making sure you know what you're getting into," she said, not looking back to Arlo as she spoke.

In truth, she wouldn't actually go all out if the two were to have a battle. In fact, she would very likely feel compelled to hold back; believing herself to be much too durable and far too strong for the little emolga to handle alone. Whether or not this was actually true was yet to be seen, but this is most definitely what she believed. From what she understood, her homeland of the desert is a much harsher climate than that of the areas around Grassveil. Thus, she figured that having come from a much more hostile environment that she must be a superior fighter to some degree. Couple that with the fact that her typing gave her a resistance or immunity to a literal majority of types and she was bordering on overconfidence.

_________________

Roll Reminder:
 
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/view/badgerwithakeyboard/home
TheViolet

avatar

Posts : 34
Poké : 640
Join date : 2017-06-07
Age : 19
Location : Canada 'Eh

PostSubject: Re: Here's Your Sign   Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:35 am

"Well, the thing is to hit me you'd have to catch me first, and I am nothing if not quick. We should have a little duel sometime, though I will warn you I won't hold back just because we're friends." With a sly grin on his face Arlo grabbed one of the signs off Maxie's back and darted ahead to the next sign posting spot. He quickly started digging into the soft dirt clearing enough room of the post, before sticking it in and packing the dirt back in tight.

Arlo paused a moment, looking around the quiet forest in contemplation. "Do you think ANYTHING, exciting will happen before we're done? I don't think so, there's that calm in the air, I can almost taste it." Looking back over to Maxie, he could see there were still quite a few signs left to put up, today was gonna be long and boring... Unless....

"Ya know what, if nothing special or interesting happens by the time we finish putting these signs back in their proper place I, Arlo of the Emolgas, hereby challenge you, my good friend Maxie, to an unsanctioned duel within this fine forest! Do you accept? And if so do you have any stipulations or rules you'd like to apply?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Here's Your Sign   

Back to top Go down
 
Here's Your Sign
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» CAU Quantum Sign Up
» Clan Tag Sign in Omega-3
» SIGN LANGUAGE
» The DC Nation Sign Up Thread
» Avatar: Sign-Up Thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: The West :: Fallen Leaf Copse-
Jump to: