Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!
Check out the Staff Recruitment thread if you are interested in becoming a staff member!

Want to keep up to date with site happenings? Here's the June News Thread!

Share | 

Phantoms in the Snow

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Solilo
Head Admin

Poké : 14390

PostSubject: Phantoms in the Snow   Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:39 pm

Will be updating this when I have the time to finish my digital version :P

Snow crunched under soft paw-steps as Synd'r made her way through the icy forest. The Vulpix had had quite the outing the last time she'd been in the area, meeting rather... varied characters. On this second visit however, she had come mostly for the view. The snowscape was a sight that she very much appreciated but it was one that she didn't often get the chance to see. Finding any sort of target here would just be a bonus to be completely honest.

Either way, the snowy forest here was the perfect place to think. It was peaceful and - for the most part - quiet. Synd'r padded forwards, vaguely aware of her surroundings but concentrating mostly on thoughts of what she would need to get started all on her own. Though she had previously been adamant on her independence and making a name for herself for her own merits, after some self reflection, Synd'r had realised that having allies to call upon would be more beneficial in the long run. After all, the Black Quill Thieves had been highly successful with their thievery, however they had been established for a long time before they disbanded and it would surely take a while to establish a new organisation that would garner the same level of success.

It would be hard work, that was for sure, but Synd'r was sure that the hard work would all pay off when she had allies by her side to back her up during her escapades. Perhaps along the way she would find something similar to what she had with the Black Quill Thieves... something similar to a family.

ooc// Synd'r's energy = 23 - 20 = 3!
Back to top Go down
http://pmd-roleplay.forumotion.org
Mada

Poké : 430

PostSubject: Re: Phantoms in the Snow   Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:36 pm

The snow was unlike anything the young Igglybuff had ever seen. She’d heard others talk about this place and its beauty, but now that she was there, she could see why. She was light enough to walk on the snow, so long as she didn’t bounce. A lot slower, to be sure, but Alki didn’t mind. The bright sky lacked any clouds at all, and the powerful, majestic blue provided substantial contrast with the bright white of the snow and the dark green of the trees. The sun shone overhead, but did little to dull the cold.

The natural beauty of the world only made her feel regret for the time she’d lost, stuck in the Pecha Forest. Stuck with her family. She never would’ve gotten to see any of this if she hadn’t run away. Not the night-lights in Cattail Marsh, not the lush forest of Fallen Leaf Copse, not the Snow covered woods of this new place. If only she’d run away sooner. She sat down on top of the snow, accompanied by her bitter-sweet thoughts.

Still, she’d found friends, and she loved them. But if she was truly going to make up for lost time, she had to find something she loved. Both Yigo and Darcy were so sweet to her, but she couldn’t see herself joining them in the guild, or in the police. Helping people was all well and good, but Alki was inept for guild-work, her attempts for the past month or so had done nothing but teach her that. Inept at fighting, inept at everything that made a good guild member. She didn’t want to hold either of the two back. She’d just have to find something she was good at. They’d understand why, and besides, it wasn’t like she’d have to stop being their friend.

She sighed. It was great to dream, but it was another thing to find an actual alternative. The guild and police were, to her knowledge, the only organisations that mattered. She’d have to just grin and bear it at the guild a bit more, she supposed. Darcy’s company made it all better, but the fact that she was pretending to work hard at something she knew she’d never be good at, there was something wrong with that, something that made her feel like she shouldn’t be there. In any case, she’d rested enough.

As she got up, she noticed another Pokemon walking, not too far away from her. It occurred to Alki that there would probably be ferals in these woods too. A shame, it was so pretty! Alki had a hard time thinking of anything that could taint it’s beauty. Ferals didn’t seem to care about beauty though. Or anything, for that matter. And they certainly didn’t think, not like this Pokemon seemed to be doing. She hardly seemed to be paying attention, she was so lost in thought. Alki hadn’t been sitting that far away, after all…

“Hey!” She called out, her voice seemingly the only sound in the woods. Everything was so quiet . Of course, that wasn’t a bad thing. It brought a sense of peace and serenity to it all. It occurred to Alki that Darcy had been lecturing about trusting strangers non-stop ever since they’d come back from the marsh. Still, how was she going to meet anyone new if she didn’t take a few risks? Go out of her comfort zone. After all, someone who went out all this way just to sight-see couldn’t be bad! “Who… W-Who are you?” She asked curiously as she ran to catch up to this new Pokemon. She was almost double Alki’s size, but she didn’t feel too scared. She seemed alright, and with the new move she’d learned recently, she could at least defend herself if that didn’t turn out to be true. But for now, she was willing to take her chances. “Whatcha doin’ here?” She asked, a small smile tugging at her lips. It was nice to meet a new Pokemon here, in the woods so far away from Grassveil.

My art piece, excuse the quality, took it with my phone:

My Character Records! ^_^

I am a slow learner, a stressed out high schooler, and a very impulsive person. Please have a bit of patience with me.

"Seeing is believing, and all I'm saying is, I've never seen George Washington." -A classmate
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Head Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phantoms in the Snow   Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:36 pm

Synd'r was nearly scared out of her skin as a call of "Hey!" broke her from her thoughts. She physically flinched at the suddenness of the voice, her head instantly whipping around to identify where the sound had come from. She had been so deep in thought that she hadn't checked her surroundings, even though her keen ears should have detected the sounds of someone moving closer. It was a rookie mistake really, not concentrating on any level of caution.

Lmao my attempt at a shocked expression didn't go so well |D

The Vulpix fully turned her body so that she was facing the culprit of the sudden greeting. Blinking, Synd'r looked the pokemon up and down. It appeared to be an Igglybuff... not a particular species she would have expected to see around here. This, plus the fact that they were speaking to her rather than just launching a surprise attack served to put her mind at ease a little. She had made a mistake, but it wasn't a terrible one. She had gotten lucky.

"U-uh...-"

Synd'r was normally so good with words, but she was unused to being the one caught unawares. Normally she'd be the one to sneak up on someone else, gaining the element of surprise for herself and watching another party fluster like she was just now. This time it seemed as though she'd gotten a bit of a taste of her own medicine - and she didn't particularly like it.

Finally getting her words to do what she wanted, she answered the Igglybuff's questions. Such a small pokemon, and more than likely a child, didn't seem like they would pose too much of a threat to her. As a result, Synd'r had no qualms introducing herself with her real name.
"Er... I'm Synd'r. I guess i'm just here to look at the scenery," she replied simply, her tone still a little sheepish at being caught off guard, "How about yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Mada

PostSubject: Re: Phantoms in the Snow   Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:48 pm

My art! Just a sketch:

Alki watched as the Vulpix in front of her jumped and looked at her, up and down and up and down. She'd never surprised anyone like that before. She'd snuck up on the Vulpix! Her! Alki! She realized with a start that she was grinning, rather widely too. As she looked up at the Vulpix, the excited, childish grin was soon replaced by a shy, embarrassed smile. Alki found herself tilting her head so as to hide her face. She really hadn't been in Grassveil too long, and if this was proof of anything, it was proof that she had a long way to go when it came to interpersonal skills.

“S-Sorry… sorry about that, m-ma’am. Alki managed to stammer. This Pokemon seemed alright. Synd’r? That was a nice name. “I-I’m… A-Alki, I guess… and I came here cause… well, I don't know. Something to do?” That was a half-truth, at least. Part of it was just sight seeing; she came to sight-see and to explore. That's what guild members did! Even the shoddy ones… Alki shook her head. She didn't want those sorts of poisonous thoughts. Especially not after her and Darcy had fixed things so well in the swamp. A smile returned to Alki’s face at the thought of that experience. It wasn't one she'd forget anytime soon.

She began to observe the Vulpix in front of her closely. She'd met one before, in the market of Grassveil. And she was having the same thoughts now as she'd had back then: Why do Vulpix have such majestic tails? One wasn't enough for this majestic Pokemon, no, they needed six! Alki found herself feeling very simple and lowly all of a sudden, so she tore her gaze away from the vulpix’s tails and instead focused on her face.

The Igglybuff felt a tinge of amusement return to her. Synd’r was still shocked! Between her expression she was wearing, and the way her words sounded, unsure, unclear… Alki giggled, looking down at her feet. She was still on the snow, not sinking. It had never occurred to her that her light-weight would be useful for something! She quite liked the snow covered forest, and she hadn't even been there that long! It was pretty, and it made her feel unique too.

A thought began to occur to Alki, one that made her feel a buzz of excitement and joy. “I snuck up on you, didn't I? I-I didn't mean to sneak up on ya… She mumbled, as a small smile began to appear on her face. She could hardly keep the excitement out of her voice, but it had to come out in some way, eventually. “But I did, didn't I? Alki giggled, looking up at the Vulpix's eyes with a child's joy. That had been a rush she didn't think she'd have. Who knew something so simple could bring that sort of happiness?

Alki sat down on the snow, letting the hood drape behind her. She'd begun to get both curious and worried about it; it was still sticky, yet it had been a few weeks since she'd found it. Considering where she'd found it, maybe retrieving it hadn't been such a good idea. She shook her head, as she tucked her feet in, a shiver briefly overtaking her body. She could worry about her clothing back at the guild, for now though, she just wanted to talk to this Pokemon in front of her. And maybe make a fire.

“I really like those feathers, you have, ma'am.” Alki said, noting them for the first time. It was the truth, they were pretty, and it never would've occurred to Alki to use something like feathers as an accessory. “They’re really pretty.” She smiled at the Vulpix, lifting the hood up so as to look at her better. “Why are you wearing them? Or… where did you get them?” She asked, suddenly curious about their origin.

I am a slow learner, a stressed out high schooler, and a very impulsive person. Please have a bit of patience with me.

"Seeing is believing, and all I'm saying is, I've never seen George Washington." -A classmate
Back to top Go down
Solilo
Head Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phantoms in the Snow   Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:32 am

Synd'r watched the Igglybuff's facial expression go from excited to embarassed, and found her own calming from shock to amusement in the process. This pokemon clearly wasn't used to sneaking up on people... though they seemed to be somewhat decent at it nonetheless seeing as they had sneaked up on her without her knowledge.

She chuckled lightly, raising a paw to her mouth as if to hide the small snickers of laughter. It was almost - she dared say it - cute, but it reminded her of herself when she was but a youngster learning how to be as sneaky as her guardians.

"It's quite alright," she replied, although a little reluctantly. It seemed she had a bit of a soft spot for youngsters, enough so that she was willing to let this go without much thought. Had anyone else snuck up on her like that, she'd probably have been planning some way to get back at them already.
"Though I am surprised you were able to sneak up on me, distracted or not. Most pokemon can't do such a thing."

Synd'r found herself almost blushing at the sudden compliment to her feathers. Not many sought to comment on them, but being such an intrinsic part of her past she really did love them and couldn't help but like it when others appreciated them too. This child seemed to be poking at all of her weak spots without even realising it.
"These are actually a gift from my family," she explained vaguely, "They were a reminder of both our unity as a group and of the skills that we- that I posses."
Back to top Go down
Mada

PostSubject: Re: Phantoms in the Snow   Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:38 pm

my art still lacks color:

Alki looked up at the Vulpix before her, the shy, bashful smile still lingering on her face. She’d been a tad out of line, perhaps, but the older Pokemon certainly didn’t seem to care. If anything, she was slightly amused at the situation, a paw daintily blocking… a smile? Laughter? Alki knew from personal experience, that if she’d actually upset this Pokemon, she wouldn’t care enough to hide it. So she was happy, and that made the small explorer happy as well. Laughter escaped her mouth, the sound small and fragile. This pokemon seemed alright…

This was only further confirmed by her response, a confirmation that she was fine with Alki’s actions. Alki began to relax, even though she had never been aware of tensing up in the first place. She sat down atop the snow, waving her feet back and forth slowly, listening to the Vulpix talk. Her bashful smile was accompanied by the rosy red cheeks that usually came when someone praised her. “Most Pokemon can’t do such a thing.” ... Yet Alki had done just that. And even if it had been something that wasn’t quite on purpose, the fact this Pokemon was praising her for it only made her feel special, and unique, and that was a feeling that she’d been in desperate need of. She didn’t say anything, but a giggle escaped from beneath her hood, it hadn’t been long at all, but this strange Pokemon was already making her feel nice. She briefly wondered how Darcy and Synd’r would get along, but those thoughts left as quickly as they came, as the Vulpix began to shed some more light on the topic of her feathers.

She gazed up at the Vulpix in wonder, as if expecting a grand, exciting story. And so, one couldn't exactly blame Alki as she felt a bit underwhelmed from the Vulpix's vague answer. That wouldn't get in the way, though, even if Synd'r was being a bit vague, perhaps even on purpose. Alki could figure out where they came from! Perhaps she could even impress her newfound companion in the process.

“Skills? Well… hm. They come from your family , not your co-workers or teammates, so I don't think you're from the Grassveil Police, or the guild. I'm from there, the guild. I know we don't wear feathers to symbolize anything… all we get is a badge. Alki paused, kicking up a small amount of snow as she stood up, suddenly excited at figuring this puzzle out, all by herself. “So you're not from any of the big organizations in the towns, are you? Because then you wouldn't have mentioned your family… and that excludes most of those other, erm, independent organizations I've heard about from other Guild-Mons… Feathers… black ones…” Alki trailed off, her gaze coming to a halt atop The greyish-black feathers. She felt she'd seen them somewhere before, recently. Had she read about them? Or maybe she'd seen them on another Pokemon, but… No. She would've remembered that. Feathers were unique, and she was quite confident that this was her first time seeing them in person. So that left the only other option: She'd seen them in a book. But which book? She hadn't read a book about feathers, after all. She closed her eyes, wracking her brain for the memory she needed, mumbling her thoughts out loud. “Grey Feathers… black feathers. Black… Black Quills? Blackquill! Blackquill… thieves…”

Alki gazed up at the stranger's feathers again. She knew where they came from, but despite this, they were still shrouded in an aura of mystery. She was a thief. She had to be! No other group did anything like that...

“Y-You said most Pokemon can't sneak up on you… That's because you're a thief. I mean, what else could you be? I read a bit about that group… those feathers… at the guild.” She trailed off, her point obvious. The thought of what she was supposed to do flickered through her mind. She was a guild member… apprentice, still, but to be in the company of an outlaw… any outlaw, thief or otherwise. It was her duty to capture her. That was what the guild master would expect, at least.

But a sense of wonder overcame the small semblance of duty the Igglybuff possessed. Curiosity getting the best of her, she sat down atop the snow, gazing at the thief with excitement.

“It's… I'm not a very good guild member anyways, so… could we just talk, err, a bit? That's… I read about you guys, I said that. But… I didn't think I'd meet anyone from that group, and… what you did sounds really cool.” She mumbled, the blush returning to her face. “What I mean to ask, is… what was it like? What did you guys do, exactly? And… what's a thief doing, out here?” Alki, perhaps a tad naively, hoped that the Vulpix wouldn't have any qualms with her being a guild member. She was a thief, but… did that matter, so much? She'd been friendly before, after all. She just hoped the Vulpix would be alright with her questions.

Back to top Go down
Solilo
Head Admin

PostSubject: Re: Phantoms in the Snow   Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:11 am

As the Igglybuff began to puzzle through what she had said, Synd'r chuckled and lowered the front half of her body so that she was lying in the snow and eye level with the child. She leaned her head into one paw, watching patiently with a small smile of amusement as the Igglybuff spoke her thoughts aloud. To put it quite simply, Synd'r was intrigued.

The Vulpix would occasionally nod or shake her head very gently, the movement almost unseen as she responded silently to the Igglybuff's trail of thought. The smug smile on her face grew subtly larger as Alki managed to make the connection between her feathers and the Black Quill Thieves. She was a little surprised that someone so young would have heard about them, but she was proud that their reputation would allow them to remain present in the minds of the next few generations despite them now being disbanded.

Synd'r sat back up as Alki stammered a little. She still had that smug and almost proud smile on her face as the result of her family's legacy, but she was ready to make a run for it if this situation didn't play out in her favour.

"My, my," she replied after Alki stated she was a thief, "I won't deny something so explicably true, but you are definitely a sharp one." The Vulpix was honestly impressed by the Igglybuff's deductions. Perhaps it was just because Alki was genuinely curious, but it was spectacular skill to have nonetheless. She wondered what the limits of her intelligence really were, if she was such a smart kid already.
"You aren't going to arrest me are you?" she asked, a light chuckle in her voice.

The Igglybuff sat back down and began to talk about how she wasn't a very good guild member anyways. The Vulpix couldn't help but think about how useful it would be to have a frie- acquaintance on the inside, someone who was a part of the Guild who could help her stay off the radar. It'd certainly be a lot easier to do her thing if she could count on her face never showing up on a bounty poster.

Luckily for Synd'r, it seemed that Alki merely wanted to talk. Having an ally in the Guild was appealing and this was a chance to gain that asset, but Synd'r also loved to show off when it came to her family and their skill. Thieving was fun as hell to her, and if she could interest someone like this in her antics, perhaps she would find herself an ally through mutual appreciation. There were two metaphorical birds to kill with this stone, if she could do this right.

She began to think back to her time with the Black Quill Thieves. She had many a fond memory of those that she called family, but she didn't really know where to start. Instead, the purest of the expressions she had made today spread across her features. There was no smugness or amusement in her smile, just pure joy as she spoke. If anyone asked her later, she'd say it was all in the name of convincing Alki that she wasn't worth pursuing and getting the Igglybuff to sympathize with her. The truth was much simpler. The idea of speaking to a child who she saw as being able to do her no harm made her more open, and feelings that she would normally keep close to her chest poured out as she thought fondly of her family.

"What was it like?" She parroted Alki's question, "Honestly, it was... the best time of my life. It was fun and I always felt like I belonged there. We would sometimes plan things for days, weeks even. And the feeling of pulling off something complex without a hitch, of timing things just right and getting away scot-free was... incredible."

She paused, considering her words as her smile faltered a little, "It's a shame we disbanded..." she trailed off to address the other of Alki's questions, "Though I promise I really am just out here to enjoy the scenery." This time at least.
Back to top Go down
Mada

PostSubject: Re: Phantoms in the Snow   Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:09 am

Alki couldn't help but grin as the Vulpix confirmed her assumptions. She was right. The fact that she knew this Pokemon was a thief, and she was a Guild-Mon carried with it some rather worrying implications about her loyalty to the guild, and while these facts did cross the child's mind, she discarded them as quick as they came. Who cared if she was a thief? She was retired, after all, and she seemed like a nice enough lady. She was even making the extra effort to stoop to Alki's eye level, just like Yigo had done when they'd met in Grassveil. It made Alki feel less small, but for naturally taller species like Vulpix or Sandshrew, it had to be at least a little embarrassing. Nice Pokemon didn't embarrass themselves for the sake of others, after all. Besides, she hadn't seen Synd'r on any of the wanted posters at the guild. Who would ever know they'd met, anyways? Certainly not Darcy or Faye.

“No, I won't arrest you. Even if I wanted to, I doubt I could… the moves I know aren't exactly impressive, after all. And, well, if you were a thief, and you must've been a good one if I'm talking to you right now, well… you must be really good at fighting as well as sneaking…” Alki mumbled, choosing to ignore the compliment rather than confront it. She didn’t deserve compliments like that, all she’d done was read about those thieves in a book, Synd’r was being too nice to her. Nevertheless, a spot of blush appeared on her cheeks, and her gaze was diverted towards the Vulpix’s paws rather than her eyes, feeling a tad embarrassed.

“I mean… I don’t mean to pry, it’s just… it’s all really cool...” She said, looking up at the Vulpix again. Alki couldn’t help but smile, both at the safety this thief offered her, and the kindness she displayed.  Surely, it must’ve been a risk for the Vulpix, even staying to chat. It wasn’t like she was guaranteed that Alki was as weak as she stated. But here she was, lowering herself so as to make herself seem as non-intimidating as possible. “But… why did you guys disband? I mean… You guys must’ve been really good, if you didn’t get caught… so why quit?”

A more pressing concern quickly came to the forefront of the Igglybuff’s mind, however, and she quickly added another question to address the Vulpix. “Are… Are you gonna do it again? Thievery, I mean, I… I know I’m a guildmember, but… I wouldn’t go after you! That’s really cool, just… as long as no one gets hurt… I read a book about thieves, not… not the  Blackquills, it was a story, but… it was real cool!” She said, recalling a book she’d read somewhat recently. A story of noble thieves, of helping people who needed help and hurting those who deserved to be hurt… not with violence, but with stealth and charm and guile. What wasn’t to love? And she had a hard time featuring this pretty, kind Vulpix ever hurting anyone. Perhaps she was wrong. But the thrill of something new made sure she didn’t care. She looked up at the older Pokemon with starry, wondering eyes, and while at the time she would’ve denied it, she would later come to realize that she wanted to join this Vulpix. There was no way she could be worse at something than she already was at Guildwork.

“I-I’m still an apprentice though! About what I said earlier...” She added, a bit nervously. “I’ve… my old moveset was really bad, I’ve learned a couple new moves I feel a bit proud of… I could show em to you, if you like? I know I could learn even better ones, eventually...” She said, hoping the Vulpix wouldn’t dismiss the tiny Igglybuff in front of her out of hand.

Art with and without shading.:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phantoms in the Snow   

Back to top Go down

Phantoms in the Snow
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1