Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery
 
HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests


-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!
Check out the Staff Recruitment thread if you are interested in becoming a staff member!

Summer Harvest Event

Want to keep up to date with site happenings? Here's the June News Thread!



Share | 
 

 So An Emolga and a Mawile Walk Into a Forest...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Badger
Record Checker
avatar

Posts : 275
Poké : 220
Join date : 2016-05-07
Age : 18
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: So An Emolga and a Mawile Walk Into a Forest...   Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:39 pm

Shadowhue Forest: dark, dense, teeming with life hidden away in treetops and undergrowth. It was wilder than Pecha Forest, and many folk avoided the place if they didn't have good reason to enter. Explorers often had reason to enter. Why had Maxie come here? She was not an explorer—although she had intentions on being one. So why come here and not go directly to the Grassveil Guild to sign up? She had a few reasons. The first was that she wanted to get a sense for what she would be in for. If she couldn't handle what was right next door to the guild alone, what chance did she have in trying to climb the Guild's ranks? Another reason was to find things. Anything really. It was ideal to know what resources were avalible to you in close proximity to home base.

A third reason existed but it wasn't necessarily tied to the location; in fact, the likelihood the mawile would find the tertiary thing on her list was pretty low in this place. That tertiary thing being a friend. She had come from the desert in the east alone. She had plans on join the guild, and while there was technically no rules saying she couldn't form a team of one—herself—she didn't particularly want to be alone. Maxie's jaw-like horns drifted into her view, seeming in response to the idea of being alone. "Okay, I'm not entirely alone. But you don't really count for much in conversation, Gilbert." Maxie said to her own horns. They snapped to their original position behind her head. "Hey, don't get all pouty. You're still the MVP in combat." The steel jaws gnashed the air as if demonstrating their ability.

"Now let's find us something."

_________________

Roll Reminder:
 
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/view/badgerwithakeyboard/home
TheViolet

avatar

Posts : 34
Poké : 640
Join date : 2017-06-07
Age : 19
Location : Canada 'Eh

PostSubject: Re: So An Emolga and a Mawile Walk Into a Forest...   Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:18 pm

(Energy: 22-10[Entrance cost]=12)

Up in the high branches of the Shadowhue, the air was calm, steady, and peaceful as ever. With a slight breeze rustling leaves and branches in a gentle rhythm. Everything was as it should be, with the exception of an Emolga barreling through the branches uncontrollably. He was moving much faster than he had any right to given how dense the forest was, and snapping a number of smaller branches that he hit as he descended at an alarming rate. Okay, this if fine. I've been in worse situations, I just need to stay calm, and catch some wind again. Arlo was admittedly used to flying dangerously and usually was pretty good at it, but a little while back he got distracted by a glint of light in the distance and looked away right as he cleaved though a Spinarak's web and well, lost his focus.

Taking a deep breath he spread his wings just as he was spinning to right angle to catch himself, and just barely managed to weave past a thick tree he though he was going to be splattered on moments ago. But Alro quickly noticed that we was far too close to the ground for a safe landing at the speed he was moving at, worse yet some Mawile decided to take a walk through the forest and was right in his 'crash landing zone.'

"LOOK OUT!" Was all he managed to shout as he careened on a direct collision course with the pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker
avatar

Posts : 275
Poké : 220
Join date : 2016-05-07
Age : 18
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: So An Emolga and a Mawile Walk Into a Forest...   Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:17 pm

[Energy: 19-10 (Entry)=9

Maxie noticed the sound of the treetops reacting to something just before she heard the call. Not wanting to be hit by whatever it was she was supposed to look out for, and not wasting time looking to see what it was, the mawile spun on one foot one-hundred and eighty degrees to put herself exactly one mawile to the side of where she was originally standing. Within just fractions of a second afterwards, an object—no, a Pokemon—darted past her and crashed into the ground beyond her.

At first, Maxie thought for a moment that she was under attack. However, it didn't take much to realise the warning had come from the projectile, and—based on the landing—it probably wasn't meant to harm her. Therefore her attitude shifted to concern. "Oh! Are you alright?" She observed the creature that had nearly collided with her. Black, white, and yellow; round ears; and with the wing-like membrane, there was no doubting this was an emolga. Why was it trying to glide around in a dense forest such as this? It was clearly a suboptimal place to do such a thing. She'd have to question it after making sure it was okay.

_________________

Roll Reminder:
 
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/view/badgerwithakeyboard/home
TheViolet

avatar

Posts : 34
Poké : 640
Join date : 2017-06-07
Age : 19
Location : Canada 'Eh

PostSubject: Re: So An Emolga and a Mawile Walk Into a Forest...   Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:50 am

He hit hard. Harder than he thought he would, even with all the speed he managed to drop before impact. The loss of speed didn't change that fact that Arlo managed to dig a small trench in some nearby soft dirt as he crashed, and was currently lying face first in it. At least I'm not dead. After an awkwardly long pause his senses came back to him just for him to hear concern for him, not anger or a cry of agony. Good, so the Mawile managed to get out of the way. He started climbing to his feet and brushing dirt and mud off him, slowly stretching to try and alleviate some of the tension in his... everything.

"No, I'm not fine. But I'll be okay, I'm tough." He turned to look at the Mawile, rubbing his head slightly as he tried to get a read on her. Why was she here? Why was she so worried about him? Why are there two of her? Questions for later as things have priorities, you can't just almost fall out of the sky on someone and start interrogating them after all.

Still covered in dirt, mud, and sticks, and just generally looking like a completely mess he took a couple steps toward the Mawile out of the small trench he made. "Sorry about nearly landing you there; I'm usually more graceful than that. Are you okay?"
Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker
avatar

Posts : 275
Poké : 220
Join date : 2016-05-07
Age : 18
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: So An Emolga and a Mawile Walk Into a Forest...   Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:18 am

"Of course I'm okay, I'm more concerned about you," Maxie responded to the emolga without pause. She took a step closer after the emolga had done similar. He's walking, at least. The fact that he stood up so quickly is actually quite impressive. "What did you think you were doing? Trying to glide around this place likes it's some kind of playground. This is Shadowhue Forest; there are dangerous Pokemon around here and besides that, the trees are too densely packed to be any good for gliding to and fro. And what if one of your stray sparks had ignited a tree? Then we'd have a serious problem on our hands."

Without giving the emolga a moment to respond, she held up two fingers. "How many fingers am I holding up? The way you landed you could have suffered a concussion or something—it's a wonder you even got up so easily." She had to admit, the emolga was pretty resilient. That, however, did not justify his rather stupid attempt at trying to fly in a place like Shadowhue. Perhaps she was underestimating the emolga slightly, but she doubted even a true winged Pokemon could safely navigate flight from anything below the tree tops.

_________________

Roll Reminder:
 
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/view/badgerwithakeyboard/home
TheViolet

avatar

Posts : 34
Poké : 640
Join date : 2017-06-07
Age : 19
Location : Canada 'Eh

PostSubject: Re: So An Emolga and a Mawile Walk Into a Forest...   Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:51 am

"You're holding up four fingers. Wait! No, two. Two fingers, final answer." He shook his head gently to try and get rid of some of the stars that were clouding his vision; nearly falling over and subsequently catching himself before he lost his footing.

"As for what I was doing, I've heard word of a guild somewhere up ahead. Adventure, danger, friends, and some rewards on side. It sounds perfect for me so I figured I'd go ask what was up in person. Figured it'd be more fun and faster to get there via the air, and I like a good challenge. All the foliage put up that good challenge. As for me setting the forest on fire I wasn't blazing out sparks like a flint and steel, more like a gentle hum of static, there was no risk of a fire."

Getting himself into a semi-presentable state, and finally rid of those pesky stars Arlo held out his hand to the Mawile, with a huge grin on his face. "Name's Arlo by the way, I hope you don't mind that I droped in on you." He still didn't have a great grasp on this Mawile, but she seemed genuinely nice and worried about his health. It also never hurts to be friendly; even if you did just nealy barrel into them hard enough to potentially break a bone.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker
avatar

Posts : 275
Poké : 220
Join date : 2016-05-07
Age : 18
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: So An Emolga and a Mawile Walk Into a Forest...   Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:54 am

Maxie shook her head disappointedly at the emolga's original, incorrect answer. After he had corrected himself, she sighed in both relief and dismay. That's still no excuse for your recklessness, she thoguht in response to the electric-type's explanation of what exactly he was up to. However, she resisted saying it aloud because she didn't want to be too blunt with this now potential guild teammate—she had a habit of being a touch too harsh and critical.

She shook the offered hand and spoke. "Alright Arlo, I'll take your word on all that. I'm Maxie. And what luck, for the both of us. I actually came this was to join the guild as well. I came out here first to get a feel for the local area and who would have guess I'd find someone else with the guild in mind!" Her tone had shifted from equal parts concern and annoyed to wholly delighted. Wow, finding a potential guild team partner was the absolute last thing I expect to find here. We'll have to get to know each other a bit more, but so far he's not half bad... "If you don't have any other plans, perhaps we could form a team together? I mean, we should get to know each other first, but what better way to do that than by exploring this dungeon together?"

_________________

Roll Reminder:
 
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/view/badgerwithakeyboard/home
TheViolet

avatar

Posts : 34
Poké : 640
Join date : 2017-06-07
Age : 19
Location : Canada 'Eh

PostSubject: Re: So An Emolga and a Mawile Walk Into a Forest...   Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:18 am

Wow. This girl is to the point. Nearly crash into her one minute, the next minute she's inviting me to be on her team. "Sure, I'd love to join you. You know what they say, two heads are better than one. I also did see some potential problems while gliding around earlier before I crashed. So, lead the way." Arlo motioned to his right for Maxie to start ahead, trying to hide the fact that he didn't actually know where he was going and just picked a random direction to motion to.

"Lead the way, Maxie, I'm right behind you. I just hope we don't run into to too much danger too quick, I'm still kinda shaken from my landing."

TheViolet carried out 1 launched of one Shadowhue Forest (Image not informed.) :
Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker
avatar

Posts : 275
Poké : 220
Join date : 2016-05-07
Age : 18
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: So An Emolga and a Mawile Walk Into a Forest...   Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:02 am

Maxie was happy to see things going to smoothly and so quickly. She was also glad to take the role as leader—she wasn't adversed to being in a follower position, but she felt that her knowledge she'd gain from the many books she had read would help to make her a capable leader. "Don't worry, I've read and heard plenty of stories about this place. I might not have first hand experience, but I'd like to think I have a pretty good idea already of what this forest is like."

She started making her way in the direction Arlo had gestured to. "So you've already seen trouble? What kind of trouble? Some aggressive Pokemon? You have to be careful around here—several of the local species are poison-types. Unless you happen to have some Pecha berries on you I'd avoid getting too close—actually they could probably poison you from a distance, too. How skilled of a fighter do you think you are?" This was all important information; both what she was telling her new companion and what she was asking for from him. She'd need to know how capable a fighter he was if she wanted to formulate any kind of combat strategy.

Badger carried out 5 launched of one Shadowhue Forest (Image not informed.) :
, , , ,

_________________

Roll Reminder:
 
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/view/badgerwithakeyboard/home
TheViolet

avatar

Posts : 34
Poké : 640
Join date : 2017-06-07
Age : 19
Location : Canada 'Eh

PostSubject: Re: So An Emolga and a Mawile Walk Into a Forest...   Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:34 am

(Energy 12-1=11)

Maxie took up the who leader thing quite quickly which was pretty good considering Arlo was still just a smidge dazed. Presuming that he'd guessed correctly in as to the direction of the Guild they set off. Making fairly decent time walking together. Hearing that Maxie had mostly read about the area was like wasn't all that comforting. Alro was also generally new to the area, but he knew he could rely on instinct instead of what an old book that could be outdated or just wrong says.

Her sudden barrage of questions was actually quite nice, Arlo is usually not sure how far to prod people when it comes to questions so having her set the bar was pretty convenient. "Not much trouble really, mainly just a few Venomoths nearby. I ignored them at the time, they were pretty low to the ground compared to me so not a concern. Now that I'm down here they may make trouble, but if they show up I'll just zap 'em. I am what some might say a rather good fighter, I got a lot of grief from a Spearow awhile back but I learned a lot from that fight. I'll take anyone on, any time, any place, there's no challenge that won't go un-rechallenged when I'm around." Alro puffed out his chest slightly, giving Maxie a little wink as he started walking backwards just ahead of her so he could see the look on her face.

"Though I do tend to try and fight in the air if at all possible, ya know? Hop up a tree, get some speed and fly circles around anyone who tries to take me on what I zap 'em. But you're, how do I say, grounded. So do you want me to stay on the ground too? I don't mind a handicap, makes victory so much more fun." A couple of giggles escaped as he finished talking. Not the nervous kind of giggles, but the excited kind of giggles that you find being made by someone who is looking forward to something that they know is coming."
Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker
avatar

Posts : 275
Poké : 220
Join date : 2016-05-07
Age : 18
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: So An Emolga and a Mawile Walk Into a Forest...   Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:32 am

[Energy: 9 - 17 = 0]

Maxie had to appreciate the little emolga's bravado, even if she wasn't entirely sure she believed his claims in full. After all, trouble with a spearow didn't make much sense; as an electric-type Alro should have had the upper hand, unless it happened to be a particularly tough spearow. Or perhaps Arlo didn't actually know any electric-type moves?

No, he knew some electric moves. She knew when he mentioned zapping enemies from the air. "No, don't handicap yourself for me. I can handle myself just fine on the ground. Besides, most of the Pokemon around here are poison-types and I'm immune to them. You should take every advantage you can get." The mawile found herself and Arlo walking into a notibly open portion of the forest. The trees made a ring around a clear portion of the forest floor, their tops shading the most of it, with only a small jagged circle in the centre being exposed to direct sunlight, resulting in a spotlight effect.

"Oh, look at this," Maxie said to Arlo as she gestured toward the centre point of the clearing. Directly in the natural spotlight was a small red and silver box. "That's odd, why would someone leave something like that in such an interesting manner?" She continued toward the box, but didn't make it very far before two venomoth appeared from above, flapping their wings and showing their toxic dust down onto Maxie. Fortunately for her, she was immune. "Ha! Nice tr—"She was cut off by a Bug Buzz. It wasn't particularly effective, but it was still painful and irritating. Her jaw-like horns began to ice over as she prepared to retaliate. "Arlo watch yourself!"

_________________

Roll Reminder:
 
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/view/badgerwithakeyboard/home
TheViolet

avatar

Posts : 34
Poké : 640
Join date : 2017-06-07
Age : 19
Location : Canada 'Eh

PostSubject: Re: So An Emolga and a Mawile Walk Into a Forest...   Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:05 am

Maxie did have a point about being immune to most things in the forest, Mawile were surprisingly resilient; and Arlo had no reason to believe Maxie was an exception. Plus she'd already proved herself to be quick to dodge awhile back so she had good reflexes. "Alright, I guess I'll be your air support then."

Entering into the small clearing with the red and silver box Arlo frowned for a moment. He was just here awhile back, but he couldn't quite pinpoint what was so special about it. That is until he heard the flapping of giant wings, and Maxie call out. Shit, this is where the Venomoths I saw earlier were. He lept away from Maxie just in time to avoid the rain of dust, and started scrambling to get up to a higher vantage point.

The Venomoths were in the air, one just a few feet up, one about 10 ft high. Maxie could handle herself clearly, so Arlo decided to target the higher up one and found a nice solid branch to perch on for a clean shot not far from the bug. "Don't worry, I'm fine. I'm nothing if not quick. You get that one, I'll deal with this one!"

The Venomoth hadn't quite reacted to Arlo yet, clearly this pokemon was slower than him, just the way he liked it. He took a deep breath, charged up for a moment, then unleashed a torrential Thunder Shock on the Venomoth. It dropped a few feet from the sudden surge of energy, but caught itself and flew up to match Arlo's height. It was not happy, and as Arlo was rearing up for a follow up Quick Attack it returned fire with a blast of Confusion, disorienting Arlo before he had a chance to react.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker
avatar

Posts : 275
Poké : 220
Join date : 2016-05-07
Age : 18
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: So An Emolga and a Mawile Walk Into a Forest...   Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:31 am

"Easily," Maxie responded to Arlo's suggestion. She was confident in her ability to deal with a single venomoth. In fact, she was pretty sure she could take both on at once. She was immune to their poison attacks and resistant to their bug- and flying-type attackings. She moved her iron jaws forward and clamped down on the venomoth to silence it before it could attempt another Bug Buzz. The ice spread from the points of contact and coated the wing of the large flying insect, causing it to plummet the few feet it was hovering above the ground.

Disabled, she took the advantage and slammed her horns into the downed venomoth in a successful Iron Head attack. Young mawile like herself were very fortunate in the moves they could know, and her moveset was designed to disable opponents. Ice Fang had the potential to freeze its target. All her other moves were great for getting the upperhand on enemies through the element of surprise or other methods. Although quite young and somewhat lacking in proper combat experience, Maxie was still quite confident in her fighting ability; and in a place like this where resistant or immune to most attacks the locals had to use against her, she doubted she'd be in any serious danger short of being overrun by hostiles.

While not unconscious, her venomoth would be down at least until it freed it's wing. The mawile made her way over to the box—what she now realised was bait to lure in victims by this pair of venomoth. He picked up the box and placed it in her satchel. She then noticed that the box was not alone—there was a thorn of some kind, along with a seed, which she recognized to be a reviver seed—a very useful item. She placed the two items in her bag as well. She then split her attention between watching her disabled Venomoth and watching Arlo deal with his own.

((I'd normally give some reason for my character who just hit 0 energy to be exhausted; but considering we're a few posts from the next page—where she'll be restored 1 anyway—and the fact that these venomoth can hardly touch her because their at type disadvantage, AND because I'll roll next page with my one energy anyway and regain all my energy from the reviver seed, I feel justified in letting it slide this time.))

_________________

Roll Reminder:
 
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/view/badgerwithakeyboard/home
TheViolet

avatar

Posts : 34
Poké : 640
Join date : 2017-06-07
Age : 19
Location : Canada 'Eh

PostSubject: Re: So An Emolga and a Mawile Walk Into a Forest...   Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:07 am

A couple seconds passed as Arlo got his bearings up on the tree branch, and readied himself for the Quick Attack he'd been preparing for before the Venomoth so rudely interrupted him. The Thunder Shock seemed to have done a surprising amount of damage the bug, one more decent hit would probably take it down. Just a matter of focusing on the right time to strike.

The Venomoth was fluttering in the middle of the small clearing too far away to hit from the branch or the ground, and Arlo didn't want to risk lighting a fire with a missed Thunder Shock hitting a stray bit of dead wood and making Maxie's words come true. So he took a running start and leapt off the branch, arms spread wide to catch the wind in his wings to deliver an areal Quick Attack. A small aura of buzzing electricity surrounded him as he flew straight towards his target. No; straight past his target which he missed completely. Unable to control his direction due to the speed of his attack, and too disoriented to navigate the thick woods on the other side of the clearing Arlo smashed into one of the trees face first, hurting himself in his confusion. He stuck to the tree for a few moments before plummeting back down to the ground.

His attack didn't go completely ineffective though, the residual electricity from his short glide got close enough to zap the Venomoth, causing it to drop to the ground as well. The two previously airborne pokemon exactly fall together though, the wind caught both of their wings and they seemed to descend almost like some paper someone had dropped from a decent height.

As Arlo descended he touched down on the ground soft as a feather, still dazed from the confusion and now from crashing again. "Before you say anything; Yes, I meant to do that—and yes I'm okay. I'm tough, I just need a moment... Did I get it?"

((It's all cool with me, kinda funny though that I still have all my starting energy considering what Arlo just did.))
Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker
avatar

Posts : 275
Poké : 220
Join date : 2016-05-07
Age : 18
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: So An Emolga and a Mawile Walk Into a Forest...   Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 am

Maxie expected the emolga to handle himself at least somewhat better than he had demonstrated. Upon seeing Alro crash into a tree, she was no longer sure he had any idea what he was doing. Admittedly, he did manage to deal some damage to the venomoth, but she was sure he had dealt significantly more damage to himself. "I... Don't believe you," the mawile said in response to Arlo's comment.

She turned her attention to the venomoth the emolga had shocked and noticed it was still conscious and attempting to regain altitude. "Not quite," was her response to Arlo's question. She stepped up to the venomoth and latched her horns onto it. She proceeded to throw it into it's own ally, causing it to slam into it's friend's still frozen wing. "Don't worry, it's handled." She proceeded to walk across the clearing—the two venomoth trying to pick themselves up off the ground to flee. "Are you sure you're alright? You kinda missed the giant bug and hit a tree instead."

_________________

Roll Reminder:
 
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/view/badgerwithakeyboard/home
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: So An Emolga and a Mawile Walk Into a Forest...   

Back to top Go down
 
So An Emolga and a Mawile Walk Into a Forest...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» A walk along the shore...
» A Walk To Remember
» I walk a lonley road....
» Jade's Midnight Walk Through The Lunar Plain.
» Dracorex's Characters

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: Just Outside Grassveil's Boundaries :: Shadowhue Forest-
Jump to: