Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!
Check out the Staff Recruitment thread if you are interested in becoming a staff member!

Summer Harvest Event

Want to keep up to date with site happenings? Here's the June News Thread!

Share | 

Toxic Personality

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord E V
Head Secretary & Lord of the Eevees

Poké : 4705

PostSubject: Toxic Personality   Tue May 30, 2017 4:18 pm

Much like the outpost, Venen Gulch was pretty much the opposite of a sight for sore eyes. There were virtually no living plants, no signs of water and, for the moment, nothing to suggest any living things in the area. The ground was barren and rough, with a clear, steep drop-off not far ahead. The actual gulch was this steep hole, having been carved out by a stream that had since all but ceased to exist. It stretched a ways across in each direction, like a gash in the earth, and even the width was quite impressive. Within, the smog was quite thick, so much so that it obscured vision of the bottom of the gulch from the top. The poisonous air was thicker in general here than it was at Grima Outpost, but it was especially bad within the treacherous ravine. Of course, it wasn't much of a ravine due how much the flow of water had been restricted over time, but it had certainly been one at some point.

Krikka had never ventured into this area before, and for good reason: it was incredibly unpleasant. However, unpleasant was perfect for what she had planned, and this place had just the right setup to give her the exact environment she was looking for. Her companion, a buizel, would be competing with her to see who could last the longest in this harsh place. The walk to the area had been relatively quiet, but he was still around, clearly still set on going through with the game despite the risks involved. But how would he take to actually seeing Venen Gulch for the first time and finally being able to truly understand just how dangerous it was? Would he still demonstrate such bravery as he had prior, or would his fear show through? This was one thing the sadistic game master was very curious to find out.

"I hope you're not afraid of heights. Better be good at climbing, too," she spoke up, clarifying that they would be going down into the gulch. Of course, she knew it didn't matter if Solus was afraid of heights or terrible at climbing, since he wasn't going to forfeit regardless. He had implied already that his pride transcended logic, and this was exactly what Krikka was hoping for. More specifically, she aimed to test the true extent of his pride and see if there was any point at which he would compromise it if not for someone else. He had already willingly given up when his friend was in danger, but now that it was just him, would he he be willing to throw away his life? Thus far, this certainly seemed to be the case, as he had agreed to the terms of this competition despite knowing he would essentially be forfeiting his existence to a sadistic criminal.

Solus had to know he wasn't going to win, and yet he had gone through with the challenge anyway. At this point, it seemed unlikely that anything could give him second thoughts about his decision, since even the steep price of his pride had done nothing to deter him. Granted, if he somehow won, he would have the safety of his friend guaranteed on top of getting a certain stolen necklace back, but he had already made it clear that these were not his reasons for playing. Or at least, neither of them were his primary reason, though they both probably made it a bit more important even if he knew he wasn't going to win. However, still, the more likely outcome was that he would lose to someone far more disciplined in pain tolerance, perhaps even passionate about it. Then his pride would become his enemy as it would force him to surrender himself and essentially give up his free will.

This was all assuming he really did intend to be true to his word, but with his behavior thus far, Krikka was fairly certain he would. For individuals with such heavy pride, their word was their bond, uncompromising and important beyond comprehension.

(I hope you don't think you're getting out of this chess game. I SAID NC6, BREAK YOURSELF.)

Character Records

Is it my post in our thread?  Wanna start a thread with me?  Hit me up HERE

Oh yeah, and I dabble in pixel art.  If you're interested, check out my shop.

And now for a bit about myself.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker

Poké : 4440

PostSubject: Re: Toxic Personality   Tue May 30, 2017 5:12 pm

[Energy: 23-16=7 energy to make this interesting.]

Solus followed Krikka silently. He tried to focus on his surroundings; the harsh environment that would be the setting for his unwanted companion's sadistic game. It was fitting to the game; an environment so hostile the air itself could kill you. Would kill you, if you weren't careful. Careful meaning that a traveler would take precautions to help negate the poisonous smog's effects. Solus wasn't. From what he could tell, Krikka wasn't, either. They were both gambling their lives for the game. Yet, somehow, Krikka managed to get him to bid his life twice. If he won but couldn't get out in time, he could die. If he lost, Krikka assumed rights to him. And if he lost so badly that Krikka would have to drag him out, and she failed...

It wasn't fair. The whole situation wasn't fair. This is stupid, I am stupid. Krikka... She's... He didn't know what to think about Krikka. Earlier, just before they started walking out of Grima Outpost toward Venen Gulch, Solus had lost his temper. He'd realized Krikka had him caged—backed into a corner. There are only two responses to that; act cowardly or act aggressively. He chose the latter, but he managed to avoid violence, opting instead for harsh words. He wasn't careful with it, either. Words left his mouth without any curation. He did so expecting some retaliation from Krikka. He knew she didn't take kindly to insubordination. And her response?

She walked up to him, real close, but a paw on his shoulder, and said "Good." What is that even supposed to mean? Solus couldn't decode it. He wasn't even sure there was anything to decode—for all he knew she could have said it just to get to him. She was smart and clever like that, he knew. It would surprise him if she had known how badly that would upset everything he thought he had figured out about himself and her and what was happening.

Solus was so caught up in trying to figure things out for what felt like the hundredth time that he had almost missed what Krikka was saying. Climbing? He could climb well enough. Probably. Heights? He'd never been so high up from a floor before. He found it didn't bother him. He didn't respond to the umbreon's comments. After a bit more thought, Solus spoke up. "Do me a favour and hit me with your metal tail thing?"

((I fully intend to finish this. And I said h5. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being worst, how bad was that move according to the supercomputer?))

Roll Reminder:

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/view/badgerwithakeyboard/home
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Toxic Personality   Tue May 30, 2017 8:35 pm

To Krikka's surprise, her soon-to-be property had completely neglected to respond to her statements, instead saying something entirely different and seemingly unrelated to the topic. While it wasn't particularly surprising to be ignored by someone who had already made his rebellious nature clear, his... request was certainly baffling. Apparently, he wanted to be hit. Surely, he hadn't been acting so provocative with the intent of getting smacked, but for some reason, he suddenly wanted to be bludgeoned. It didn't seem to be sarcasm or some kind of odd joke, but why would he make a genuine request to be hit with nothing to gain from it? Was he looking for an excuse for his inevitable loss, and if so, did he actually expect for the one making the rules to allow such a thing to count as an out? Or was he just trying to preserve his own ego by giving himself a way to call the game unfair and justify his loss?

The umbreon tilted her head to the left and gave a confused look, then simply shrugged and decided to give Solus what he wanted. Reasoning aside, she didn't intent to pass up a literal offer to abuse someone. "Whatever you're into," she teased as her tail took on a metallic sheen in preparation to swing it into the buizel. There were two things going through her mind: where to hit him, and why he wanted to be hit in the first place. To the prior, it didn't take long for her to decide to aim for the belly. In their previous fight, she had intended to strike him in such a manner, but he had proven competent enough to protect himself. If he didn't intend to even try this time around, then as a sadist, Krikka wanted to take this opportunity to take his breath away and perhaps even make him collapse.

However, she was still hesitant, confused as to why Solus wanted to be hit. She didn't like not knowing things, and it felt important to know this in particular. Thoughts raced through her head at an unnaturally fast pace thanks to her "blessing," all focused around trying to figure out what he wanted out of this. She couldn't figure it out. It began to agitate her, but she made sure not to show this, as it would probably seem odd on top of making Solus feel like he'd had some kind of success. Wanting to get these thoughts out of her mind as quickly as possible, she began to spin clockwise as if to swing her tail into her willing victim. However, she found herself oddly... hesitating. The entire situation just seemed confusing and wrong. She wanted to understand why she was doing this before doing it.

The umbreon's blue rings began to glow from emotion as she, instead of striking the buizel, spun in a full circle. Her movements gained speed and force as she did so and, near the end of her little circle, she pivoted on her right paw and gave herself one final spin with as much force as she could muster. Her body swung forward with her tail outstretched, which would have been a careless and risky position if used in a real fight. However, since Solus was apparently offering himself up to be hit and presumably wasn't going to try and avoid the attack, this strategy of using momentum to hit harder would work fine. And if he really did plan to just try to dodge it... well, Krikka had gotten her hopes up for a free hit, and she intended to get it one way or another.

(When and where did you say h5? I checked both other threads. And the supercomputer says your move was okay but you're down by like infinity points. Speaking of moves the supercomputer only considers "okay," Ne7.)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker

PostSubject: Re: Toxic Personality   Tue May 30, 2017 10:49 pm

While he didn't expect Krikka to pull a punch, Solus also didn't anticipate her betting in the extra effort like she did. It probably would have made sense to dodge something like that, but Solus was caught up by the fact the umbreon was going out of her way to deal maximum damage. Solus would like to think he had a decent pain tolerance, but he was pretty sure that even Krikka herself would be at least somewhat crippled by a blow like that.

The buizel was immediately winded and doubled over from the pain. At first, Solus was speechless from a combination of windedness and the inability to form any coherent thoughts—mind numbed by the pain. After what felt like minutes but was only seconds, he was able to form sensical thoughts, but he still lacked the breath to do so. Alright I know I literally asked for that but I didn't think she was going to try and give me some internal injury! Solus was starting to think he might have underestimated how willing Krikka was to bring him to a dangerous condition. After what was actually several minutes, Solus had got his breathing under control well enough to speak.

"I asked for that, but I didn't think you'd swing that hard," Solus said, voice strained. "I expected you to hit me before, back in Grima, and you didn't," the talking was upsetting the rhythm he had gathered in his breathing and he paused to regain control. "Somehow what you said bothered me too much. I needed to make sure you were still—" He stopped himself from saying something that would get him hit again; or something that would get him an ominous response like Krikka's "Good" again. "Er, still, well, you. And not like, holding back on me for some reason." Saying it out loud made it sound more paranoid than he felt should.

He stood with an unsteadiness that would indicate he wasn't fit for scaling down a rockwall. He would anyway; he figured since he was already gambling with his life that it wouldn't matter much to act in a less preservative manner. "When this stupid game is over, assuming I lose, I guess you won't have to worry about me trying to fight you again." This was Solus's way of assuring Krikka that he understood what she was capable of if he ended up doing something to set her off. It was equal parts a way to let her know he knew where he stood—at least in terms of physical power—and him reassuring himself that he wasn't starting to develope a death wish.

((Alright maybe I didn't say it but I guess I thought it and marked it on my tracker. Qh7. Please refrain from murdering the buizel before entering the hellscape.))

Roll Reminder:

Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Toxic Personality   Wed May 31, 2017 1:31 am

Sure enough, true to his word, Solus simply sat there and took the hit despite how it was obviously going to hurt. Krikka had nearly fallen over while trying to regain her footing after the strike, and her tail stung despite its metallic empowerment, so she knew it had to have hurt the recipient. Judging by how the little buizel was now on the ground in a heap, this seemed pretty obviously correct. Rather than attempt to check if he was okay, Krikka simply sat down and admired her own work, still a bit bothered by why he wanted to be hit. Admittedly, actually hitting him had helped ease the annoyance, but she was still very curious. It took a bit for Solus to recover from the blow, which was understandable, but it meant a delay on a potential answer for what his motive for such a request was.

When the weasel had finally managed to stabilize his breathing and get off the ground, the first thing he did was complain about how hard he had been hit. If being hit wasn't his goal, he shouldn't have literally asked for a psychopath to hit him. Had he truly expected any other outcome after having gotten so much time to get to know who he was in the company of? If so, then the pain he was feeling was his own fault, at least as far as the umbreon was concerned. She didn't spend much time dwelling on that, but the rest of what Solus had said was a different story. He had requested to be hit to see if Krikka was holding back on him for some unspecified reason. This shouldn't have meant anything, but it made her angry; just the thought of someone misunderstanding her not bludgeoning them as her giving them special privilege was... Well, it seemed like an implication of mental weakness on her part, which was something she desired to avoid at all costs. But more importantly, being accused of such things made her mad. It made her very mad, and actually gave her a desire to hit the buizel again.

Krikka simply turned around and approached the ledge in preparation to begin the climb down into the gulch. "Ever accuse me of having the capacity to be less than what I am again... and I'll break you," she threatened in a very serious, cold tone. It probably seemed like she was overreacting, but she really couldn't have cared less at that moment. Most things annoyed her in some way, to some extent, but this was one particular thing that was actually important to her. She despised the idea of being anything less than an artificial sociopath, feeling that the emotions that would result in her holding back on anyone were nothing more than a burden. After all, she had tried being sane and kind in the past and, after much thought, had come to the conclusion that it wasn't for her. She had come to the conclusion that being nice to others would only get her as far as the world was willing to take her, so instead, she decided to take her pleasure and success into her own paws.

Assuming Solus would follow her regardless of how badly she had hurt him, the umbreon took her first leap down into the gulch, landing on a nearby ledge. The climb down was likely going to be annoying and long, but it would surely be far worse for the one who had just gotten a weighted tail slammed into him. After having it revealed that Solus' whole purpose for wanting to be hit was that he was curious as to if his soon-to-be owner was weak, she hoped he had to struggle to follow. Of course, he would suffer soon enough regardless, so it made no difference in the long run. The only thing up for debate was how soon it would all start, and it would more than likely be rather fast either way.

(Even if the buizel expressly requests to be murdered? Bc8.)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker

PostSubject: Re: Toxic Personality   Wed May 31, 2017 2:25 am

Watching Krikka head for the ledge, and hearing her words, Solus gave a light nod. It wasn't a direct response to what she had said, but more of a nod for himself. He'd got what he wanted—a bit more than he wanted, really, and he paid the price for it. He followed Krikka's lead, hopping down to a ledge adjacent but separate to the umbreon's. He stumbled just a bit as the sudden impact of his feet against hard earth caused a minor shock of pain. He winced, but maintained his footing. As he examined the terrain to determine the most ideal route, he spoke aloud, not directed at Krikka in particular, but loud enough for her to hear clearly.

"Don't worry, when this is over I'll put in a good effort to keep my mouth shut." He didn't want to sound defeatist, but his emotional state was a wreck at this point. He was angry at Krikka as much as he was angry at himself. He felt guilty because losing this meant he'd be dragged away from Xeno, who he had intended to help somehow. To add onto the mess, the odds were so clearly stacked in Krikka's favour that any hopes he had of winner were probably reliant on divine intervention, and he didn't know the first thing about the divine. I'm not sure which is worse: what's happening right now, or not knowing what happens next.

He thought for a moment that he might just ask Krikka what he plans for his future were, but disregarded it. He doubted she'd tell him even before he had gone and ticked her off. Now he figured he'd be lucky to get anything more than threats and outright attacks from her. But even if she did tell him, he wasn't sure he wanted to know. His plan thus far, now that the road had been paved so clearly for him by Krikka, was to just roll with the literal punches.

Deciding on a path, he made his way to the next platform that was large enough to stand somewhat comfortably on and that he'd guessed would be sturdy enough. He was right about the first and wrong about the second. The supporting structure of the rock had suffered enough weather at some key point that it partially crumbled at the underside. It shifted from a flat platform to a sort of ramp and Solus found himself sliding. He had to foresight to plan several leaps ahead, and managed to jump to the next section. It held. As he landed he went prone and stayed still—party to avoid upsetting it, and partially because of the pain that ensued from the quick and sudden motions. Two steps in and the place is already trying to kill me. This is going to go so well.

((Look just because he asked for it doesn't mean I actually approve of it. Qg7.))

Roll Reminder:

Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Toxic Personality   Wed May 31, 2017 6:33 pm

Sure enough, the buizel was following along without having to be told to, apparently already getting used to his new life as a slave. Krikka ignored his comment about keeping his mouth shut, as she doubted it was true and wasn't interested in acknowledging him at the moment. Plus, she wanted to focus on getting down into the gulch safely, as she knew the environment was treacherous and she was new to it. She jumped from one ledge to another easily, prepared to react quickly if one decided at any point that it didn't like existing. Death by screwing up and falling wasn't her ideal way of spending the day, after all. Solus, however, seemed to be having a bit more trouble with the basic concept of climbing, which made the umbreon roll her eyes. This clumsy idiot was what she was competing for.

Seeing Solus already experiencing difficulties before even getting down into the gulch was enough to make Krikka break her short-lived vow of silence. "I hope you're not planning on dying yet. If you fail this early, you aren't even worth the effort I put into setting this up," she... encouraged? Perhaps it was a bit harsh to talk down to the buizel since she had just gotten through crippling him and he was now trying to keep up despite his injury. Alas, Krikka did not care, for that was just how she was. All excuses aside, if her toy couldn't keep up with her, he was not nearly as interesting as she had originally thought, and she wanted to make sure he knew that. She wanted him to give as much motivation as possible, and insulting his pride seemed like a good way to do that. Why did she want him to be so motivated? Simple: she wanted to see how far he could be pushed, both physically and mentally.

The umbreon didn't wait around for a response, instead deciding to actually do the opposite and speed herself up. Her next leap went even further down with what may have seemed like reckless abandon. Upon landing, she didn't even take a moment to steady herself before jumping yet again, this time landing on a platform that happened to be rather unstable. Without missing a beat, she jumped again, leaving the fragile terrain behind just as it started crumbling away. After a few more rushed jumps, she was close enough to the ground below that she decided it was a good idea to jump the rest of the way down. It looked like it was probably far enough down that it would still hurt, but she was an umbreon, so she was pretty sure her body could take it. Plus, even if it did hurt her, that would just put her back on an even playing field with Solus.

Krikka jumped without hesitation despite knowing the landing was probably going to be painful, and sure enough, it was. However, she still landed on her paws and shook the waves of pain off the best she could, making an active effort to appear fine. It wasn't too bad anyway; the mightyena's teeth had hurt worse, albeit in a more specific area. She then looked back to see how Solus was doing, assuming he was probably struggling due to being hurt and already having proven himself to be physically inferior to her. But she wasn't really checking his position so much as how hard he was trying, so she could see if her showing off had impacted him at all. If it hadn't, she was going to be... disappointed, to say the least, as it had taken a considerable amount of effort to do all that and make it appear effortless.

(Alright, so I'll wait a few more posts before killing him, gotcha. Bh3. By the way, you can roll.)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker

PostSubject: Re: Toxic Personality   Wed May 31, 2017 10:30 pm

I don't plan on dying period, Solus thought as a secret response to Krikka's comment. He took note of her choice of words. Investment. One doesn't invest without expecting some return later down the line. The fact that he still didn't know what Krikka's intentions really were returned to the foreground of the buizel's mind. Some vague ideas come to him now. Whatever it was she was planning, he could bet safely that it'd be something criminal. At the very least, she'd inevitably damage any good rep that he may have obtained and guarantee it'd be hard or nigh impossible to return from where he was going to end up reputation wise.

After the waves of pain passed, Solus righted himself just in time to see Krikka's hastened decent. He had to admit that she handled it all very well. She handled the collapsing terrain with more grace than he had. And more grace than he would. He hopped down to the next level, then the next, and the next. He made sure he had proper footing before making a jump. No more ledges failed on him. He made it down safely albeit unimpressively.

The scent in the air here was significantly worse than it was at a Grima Outpost. Solus was breathing in more than he probably would have had he not been slammed in the stomache, and the isncreased, more rapid breaths ensured that he started feeling the effects of the poisonous air quite quickly. Solus walked cautiously toward Krikka, ready to change directions just in case. He could tell she was agitated, and it seemed like she hadn't lost any steam between her threatening him and now. He still hated her, and that helped him to maintain most of his bravado; but Krikka's current mood and the fact that she seemed almost as if she was looking for another reason to hit him now—he couldn't deny that he was intimidated.

He hated that fact. He wished he could stride confidently up to her, with no reguard to what he said or did, but he couldn't. She was stronger, she was unpredictably violent, and she had a seriously warped perception of what he was to her.

"So," Solus started slowly, "Now we just start heading farther into the gulch, until we get attacked or die of poison?" It was a legitimate question, but he was afraid he might have somehow worded it in some what that Krikka wouldn't like. Like she had said, she was investing in him, and if he didn't perform to her liking, she'd have no reason not to drag him out of this place if he did pass out. The issue was, he didn't know what she wanted out of him.

Badger carried out 7 launched of one Venen Gulch (Image not informed.) :
, , , , , ,

((I hope to get all grimy food and we can just get fucked up on toxins. Re1.))

Roll Reminder:

Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Toxic Personality   Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:17 am

Krikka waited patiently for the struggling cripple to make his way down to her level, patiently watching him all along the way. He didn't seem deterred by her showing off, which was disappointing and perhaps a bit agitating, but at the same time, it was another good sign that her interest in him hadn't been misplaced. When the buizel finally reached the ground, he decided it was a good idea to speak, though he held himself rather impressively considering he was facing danger from quite a few different angles. Because he wasn't acting like a pansy even after being bludgeoned and while pretty much walking into the domain of death, Krikka decided to humor him with a verbal response rather than a... physical one.

She turned away from the buizel and took a good look at the environment around them; the far side of the gulch was quite far away, at least for a would-be ravine, though she couldn't tell exactly how far due to the smog obscuring her vision. She also couldn't see the water that supposedly still flowed in this gulch, which, again, she attributed to the low visibility from the thick poison in the air. Rock formations could be seen along the near wall of the barren gulch, but they, too, were obscured by the purple haze. "Yep," came the umbreon's simple response as she decided between the two paths to take in the gulch. One way led to the left, while the other went to the right, and she had no idea what was in either direction. With that in mind, she decided to go left just because she didn't want to risk allowing Solus to make some terrible joke about going the "right" way. Then again, in theory, he could still make such a joke if he really tried. Hopefully, he just wouldn't try, as a bad sense of humor was not on this outlaw's list of appealing qualities in a slave.

As she walked, her throat was already being irritated by the air, suggesting that she was in for a very unpleasant experience. Still, it would surely be even worse for Solus, which gave the sadistic umbreon all the motivation she needed to continue with her plan regardless of how unappealing the area became. She wasn't feeling weak yet, which was a good sign that the poison at least wasn't too fast-acting. However, she had only just entered the gulch, so it was hard to make an accurate guess at just how painful this trip was going to be. Perhaps after waiting a bit for the poison to really start hitting her, she would be able to give make an estimate, and maybe even an estimate as to how much of it she would be able to handle. She had no doubt that she would win, especially since Solus was already hurt from asking to be hurt, but it still seemed useful to know her own limits.

Despite her current agitation with the buizel, Krikka still disliked boredom even more, so she decided to take the lesser of two evils and participate a bit more in the conversation. "Speaking of which, in the event of conflict, there's no rule requiring us to help each other. You're on your own, so I hope you can still fight," she spoke rather nonchalantly despite the implication that she would not help Solus if he happened to struggle in a future battle. As far as she was concerned, it was fair, as this game was meant to be a competition, not a team building exercise. She doubted the buizel had expected not to be on his own in this, but just in case, she wanted to make sure he knew ahead of time that he needed to look out for himself. She also wanted to be sure he didn't do anything stupid like try to help her, as she really didn't want him trying to hang such a thing over her head, especially since she doubted she would need his help.

(It's okay, we can just inject the toxins via thorn. Qc6.)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker

PostSubject: Re: Toxic Personality   Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:18 am

No insult, no attacks. Good. We're at the bottom, we're slowing dying of poison, and we'll probably be attacked any minute now. Now the game truly begins. Solus followed Krikka's direction. They were competing, but they were neither allies or enemies—as far as the game went, at least. They weren't supposed to attack each other, and as Krikka pointed out, they weren't necessarily supposed to help each other either. She said she wouldn't, and for the most part, Solus believed her. Despite how unpredictable, brutal, cruel, and devious she was, though, he wasn't entirely sure that she would leave him to die. He wasn't entirely sure she wouldn't, either.

The view from the floor of the gulch was quite different from the view from above. Where the poisonous fumes took on the appearance of a gaseous sea from up high, it was a lot more like walking amidst a thin purple fog here. The rock walls that surrounded them and the rock formations that dotted the landscape helped in provoking the feeling of being trapped—a feeling Solus was, quite literally, painfully aware of. He divided his attention attention between looking ahead and keeping an eye of Krikka. He didn't think she would pull some new trick or randomly jump him, but he was under the impression that she knew the place to some significant degree. She was at least more experience with the dungeon than he was. He casually pulled to the left to stay near the left wall, meaning he'd only have to be aware of three directions—his right, his front, and his back.

There was also above and below, but he had failed to consider those directions. A few small rocks fell from above the buizel. None hit him, but he hadn't been expecting them, and he flinched. He started walking again and turned his head toward Krikka to see if she had noticed he had jumped at a few pebbles coming down from above. Whether he liked it or not, he needed to impress her. Being spooked by rocks was not impressive. That said, he didn't know what was impressive to Krikka. Beating another Pokemon senseless would probably help, he supposed. That'd help him recover from any points lost from some falling rocks—he hoped. Now all he needed was an aggressive local to beat up.

Suddenly, more rocks came down from above. This time Solus didn't flinch. Unfortunately for him this time, inaction was a mistake. By the time he realised it was more than just a few small pebbles it was too late. Several notably larger stones fell along with the pebbles and several managed to strike him—one bounced off the wall and came at a more sideways angle, hitting him in the side, knocking him over and provoking his recent injury, leaving him him to coughing harshly. Dust kicked up from the rocks impact worked with the injury and the already poisoned air to make breathing for him difficult and painful. He felt an odd sensation of something smooth moving across the fur on his back. Dirt had made it's way into Solus's eyes and it combined with the coughing fit made it impossible to see what was happening. In the next moment Solus's coughing stopped. Not because he had gained some control over the issue, but because he had suddenly lost any breath he had left. He was made well aware of the fact that he was now being strangled by some serpentine Pokemon. His eyes went wide and—now being able to see somewhat, he caught the glimpse of a similar yet larger serpent Pokemon slithering down from the cliffs of the wall several yards ahead of him.

This is the opposite of what I wanted! After what felt like too long, the ekans loosened it's Wrap just enough so that Solus could breath again. The intake of toxic air irritated his throat and lungs and then change in pressure on his injury once again sent sharp pains through him. He resisted the urge to start coughing again and this brought on a new irritating, straining sensation. The ekans readjusted it's coil and brought Solus's neck into it's jaws, threatening a bite. Threatening, but not acting—yet.

((There's no time for that! Because it's SNEK TIME! h6.))

Roll Reminder:

Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Toxic Personality   Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:01 pm

Krikka hadn't noticed the buizel's lack of inner focus, as she was paying as little attention to him as possible since she still didn't feel like looking at him.  She did hear the instability of the environment, of course, but she had no concern in the slightest for any impact this would have on the safety of Solus.  However, when he started coughing so annoyingly, the umbreon decided to pay a bit of attention to him if only to tell him to shut up.  But, before she could, he silenced himself... without warning... as if forced.  She turned to see what the sudden lack of annoying dying buizel noises was about, and of course, it was due to him already working on getting himself killed.  It seemed there was an ekans wrapped around him, constricting him, and he appeared to be having trouble dealing with it.  At the same time, she noticed a much larger serpent making its way down along the wall, presumably hostile just like its unevolved counterpart.

Krikka sighed, both disappointed that Solus was practically dying already and annoyed that she would have to physically exert herself.  Her body began to emanate a dark energy as her gaze focused on the arbok, and before it even seemed to notice, she expelled a pulse of this energy in its direction.  The snake seemed to have slow reflexes or poor attention to its surroundings, as it was hit directly, causing it to tumble the rest of the way down until it eventually fell to the ground.  Krikka assumed it would be put out of the way for a bit by what had looked like a rather unpleasant experience, so she turned her attention back to the immediate problem of the smaller snake trying to squeeze the life out of her buizel.  She had mixed feelings on what to do about this; namely, she couldn't decide whether to help or simply sit back and watch.

Thankfully, this decision was made for her as the arbok suddenly rushed toward her, forcing her to step back to avoid its fangs, which was consequentially also in the opposite direction of Solus.  It was fast - certainly faster than herself - and it seemed a bit more in control of its movements than the mightyena she had dealt with earlier in the day.  This one would actually be a threat, which meant she had to take it seriously and couldn't focus on Solus.  The arbok stayed low to the ground, opening its jaws to demonstrate its large fangs as it let out a hiss, clearly trying to be intimidating.  Krikka wasn't afraid of a little showing off, and she made every effort to show this by waltzing right up to the creature.  "Get the hell out of my way, you-" she began demanding just in case this attacker happened to be interested in listening, but she fell silent as it lifted a portion of its body off the ground so as to show its hood.  Krikka finally felt a bit concerned, but not due to the trivial pattern on the snake's belly.  She was now looking up to it, and it was quite towering.

"Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu-" she groaned, being cut off by the arbok's body suddenly spinning around, sending its tail sweeping across the ground and slamming into her left side.  The force of the attack was enough to knock her right off her paws and send her flying into the wall of the gulch.  As she collapsed, the arbok began slamming its tail into the ground, causing the earth to vibrate.  Krikka tried to get back up to her paws but simply fell to the ground once more from the shaking.  Then, she heard the sounds of the wall behind her beginning to give way, which she knew was a bad without even having to look up.  Rather than attempt to stand again, she simply rolled away from the wall, with rocks beginning to collapse from above mere moments later.  Still unable to get up, she faced the massive serpent as her dark aura flared up once again, sending another pulse of energy out.  This time, the arbok ducked low to the ground and successfully avoided the attack, but this at least forced it to cease its tail movements.

The umbreon eagerly pulled herself up to her paws the second the vibrating quelled enough for her to do so.  Despite how large her foe was, she knew she would have to get in close to deal with it, which wasn't something she was looking forward to.  However, she did have a plan, albeit not one she was particularly fond of.  The arbok lifted itself back up once again to demonstrate its size and markings, but this time, it had no effect.  "Tch," Krikka glared directly into the massive snake's belly markings to show they didn't scare her, and she began a slow march right up to it just to further emphasize her lack of fear.  In truth, she was worried and she dreaded the idea going through her head, but she couldn't think of any other reliable way to quickly deal with this enemy.  "If looking spooky throwing me into a wall is the best you've got, you don't scare me," she taunted, giving a cocky smirk as she spoke.

Sure enough, the arbok darted right at her with its maw wide open in preparation to bite down with its dangerous fangs.  It was hard to tell whether it understood her or simply didn't like her body language, but either way, it seemed to have gotten the message.  Krikka sidestepped to avoid the attack, but this time, the snake spun around almost instantly and slithered at her again.  Once more, she managed to move out of the way, this time spinning and slamming her tail into the snake's jaw as it passed by.  Thanks to a certain metallic enhancement, this attack knocked the arbok's head away, and the rest of its body followed as it collapsed to the ground.

Krikka found that she was hitting with less commitment due to her concerns over getting close to such a large and dangerous opponent, but nonetheless, she was still able to do enough to make it care.  The arbok seemed far from done, and now it seemed to have learned its lesson about trying to attack with a direct charge, as it instead chose to begin circling the umbreon.  As it slowly came closer and closer to her, it was clear what it intended to do, and she knew avoiding it would be difficult.  She prepared to counterattack or move just in case the arbok decided to suddenly attempt to bite her again, but instead, it just continued moving in closer and closer.  Its body began to coil around itself as it neared her, giving her less and less space to move until she was finally entrapped by the long, slender, purple body of her assailant.

Lifted up on her back paws in an uncomfortable position with all but her head being constricted by a large snake, Krikka was not happy.  Her mood was spoiled even further as she felt something wet drip on her head, prompting her to look up and see the gaping maw of the arbok over her.  "Did you just f*ckin' drool on me?" she spoke in agitation, though her voice was raspy and strained due to the ever-increasing pressure on her body from the constriction.  Her body began to glow with her black aura once more as she glared up at the dark hole of a mouth that loomed above her.  She could feel unbridled rage building up inside her at the thought of the snake's disgusting saliva touching her; this was certainly not a part of her plan.  Her rings began to glow brightly with their natural blue hue, mixing with the darkness emanating from her body.  At the same time, her eyes took on a similarly bright yellow shine, causing the arbok to cease its motions and close its mouth so as to properly see her.

As the light continued to grow brighter, the serpent was forced to look away, loosening its constricting grip at the same time.  It was stunned and confused by the light, making motor functions difficult and causing it to be unable to retreat from the oncoming attack.  Moments later, pulse after pulse of darkness rippled out from the umbreon's body, weakening the arbok and pushing it closer to the ground with every blow until finally, its body gave out on it and it collapsed.  The heavy body of the arbok kicked up a flurry of dust as it collided with the ground, causing Krikka to cough.  The cost of her all-out attack kicked in after a moment and she fell against the tail of her defeated opponent in a sudden spell of weakness, her bright lights beginning to fade.  She found herself to be a bit too dizzy to get back up, which she assumed was from her breathing having been a bit... restricted, but she started suspecting something else when her vision began to blur.  She felt she knew her own limits well enough to safely say this wasn't natural; the poison was kicking in.

Before even waiting for her body to recover from the strenuous attack, she pulled herself on top of the tail of the arbok and looked around to gather her bearings and attempt to find Solus.  Her vision was still a bit blurry, but she could see... somewhat.

(We can inject toxins via snek.  Nf5.)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker

PostSubject: Re: Toxic Personality   Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:06 am

Solus was immobilized by the ekans and had little choice in where he faced. THe ekans had put itself in a position in which it could keep him restrained and under the threat of it's bite. At the same time, it was able to watch it's larger counterpart deal with Krikka. Solus was positioned in a way so that he could also see the fight between the arbok and the umbreon.

Initially, Krikka seemed to have dealt with the large serpent with little effort. Apparently the ekans thought the same, and Solus could feel the tips of the snake's teeth push pass his fur and press against his skin—it still wasn't piercing through, though. Solus was only slightly curious as to why the ekans was hesitating, but he was mostly relieved it wasn't trying to tear out his throat. When the arbok was back and biting at Krikka, the ekans loosened it's jaws again. It's like it's holding me hostage or something, waiting for the bigger one to do something. Is it waiting to see how it's friend deals with Krikka before it tries anything? Like this is a lesson for it...

It was starting to look like a proper lesson, too. The arbok was putting up a proper fight, apparently hardly weakened or deterred by Krikka's first hit. The umbreon was acting like herself, showing off how confident she was. Then the arbok rose to full height. Solus had never seen Krikka's confidence  waver in the slightest until just now. That brought the full weight on the situation falling down on him. In his head he had somehow started to develop the idea that Krikka just won fights. It had never really occured to him that she could be beaten by any average Pokemon. It also brought to him the realisation that Krikka wouldn't be getting him free any time soon, and even if she did bother to help him, that it wouldn't be good for him afterwards.

He'd have to save himself. He needed some distraction for the ekans. In a fortunate bit of irony, the arbok itself provided the distraction Solus needed. The sudden shaking of the earth caught the ekans off guard, shifting it around on the rumbling dirt floor of the gulch—apparently the Earthquake hadn't been discussed earlier. Solus, thinking fast, took the opportunity to free himself of the snake Pokemon's grasp. He fired a point blank Sonic Boom from his tails, between his back and some part of the ekans. The dustrctive blast combined with the shaking earth was enough to cause the ekans to loosen it's grip, which, combined with the force of the close range Sonic Boom, allowed Solus to be thrown just out of the poison-type's grasp.

His attack hurt him just as much as it hurt the ekans, but he was expecting it—the ekans wasn't. Solus rolled away from the snake and the wall. The ekans noticed what was happening and tried to follow, but a decently sized stone fell from the cliffs above and pinned it by its tail. The falling rocks were kicking up massive amounts of dust, obscuring vision and blocking the two sets of combatants from seeing each other's fights. Solus was pretty sure he would develop some sort of serious breathing issue from the abuse his respiratory tract had and was currently taking. He took the opportunity the falling rocks had afforded him to try and get over another coughing fit. Before he recovered, though, the ekans had managed to free itself, and the rumbling had stopped.

The ekans struck out at Solus and hit its mark, landing it's Poison Sting. Solus recoiled in pain and reflexively fired another Sonic Boom at the ekans. It was still in close range, so it too the brunt of the attack, knocking it back against a boulder. Solus climbed to his feet, adrenalin pumping, and slammed himself against the ekans, pressing it between his own weight and the bolder. With the brief incapacitation of the ekans, Solus heaved the rock which had pinned the ekans earlier back onto it's tail. In the snake Pokemon's pained flinch, the buizel struck out with another Sonic Boom before stumbling out of the ekans's now limited range. Upon realising that Krikka had somehow incapacitated the other enemy, Solus let himself collapse on the ground; chest heaving, vision distorted, throat and lungs burning.

((Job done. Snek injection completed. Qg6.))

Roll Reminder:

Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Toxic Personality   Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:50 am

Krikka could barely see straight, but she could still tell her property wasn't damaged, or at least not severely.  He could still stand, and in fact, he actually seemed to be winning against the ekans.  Granted, it was just an ekans and probably nowhere near the threat level of the arbok that had given even Krikka herself a run for her money.  Despite this, it still seemed to have taken its toll on Solus, which wasn't particularly shocking since he was quite obviously a weak fighter.  In truth, Krikka wasn't much for fighting either, but she had been fortunate enough to be put in situations in which she could win fights anyway as of late.  Still, this arbok was a sign that perhaps she had underestimated Venen Gulch a bit, and that the things here were not weak enough to simply overpower.  She had exerted herself far more than she'd expected to, so she was already exhausted enough to warrant concern.  On top of that, the closest thing she had to an ally was a buizel who was just barely passable at fighting and had been told not to help her.

The umbreon had barely caught any of her test subject's fight, but she could see he was doing poorly.  But more importantly, he seemed to think it was okay to do poorly just because she had won.  The moment he noticed her state of victory over the arbok, he seemed to instantly keel over.  Perhaps he thought his fight was over since the ekans was incapacitated for the moment, or maybe he simply expected to be protected, but either way, this did not please Krikka.  She gave a low growl of annoyance at the thought that Solus may have been expecting her to protect him, concerned that there would be a theme with him trying to find some kind of good in her.  She got up and climbed out of the heap of snake in preparation to clarify her will to the fool, nearly stumbling upon her first step on the ground.  However, the sound of movement from behind suddenly made her stop, drawing her attention away from the annoyance.

Krikka's ears perked up and she spun around to see the arbok was not only alive, but still conscious.  The snake's head slowly lifted off the ground, its gaze directed at her once more as it mirrored the glare she now had, giving a hiss to show its agitation.  Krikka had been able to peg the large serpent as strong, but she was still surprised to see it was still able to fight after sustaining so much damage.  It seemed to notice the state the ekans was in, which only caused it to become very clearly enraged.  It reared up in preparation to lunge, still focusing on the umbreon since she was the closer target, but Krikka didn't even blink.  She simply gave a faux smile in response, not bothering to get into a fighting stance or attempt to move, which only served to infuriate the arbok even further.  When it finally threw itself forward, the attack was careless and sloppy due to a mixture of rage and exhaustion, which made it relatively simple to dodge.

Krikka simply took a few steps back as the gaping maw of the purple snake came toward her, allowing it to slam itself straight into the hard ground.  She took a few steps back as the arbok slid across the ground, then lifted her right paw and stretched it out just far enough that the large, serpentine body came to stop against it.  It was an entirely unnecessary show of calculation, but it made her feel dominant over the arbok, which was an ego trip she needed after struggling to defeat it.  She stared down at the snake with her paw on its nose as it glared back up at her.  Then, its eye contact with her was broken as it looked toward the ekans yet again, prompting Krikka to briefly follow its gaze.  Her ears suddenly perked up with excitement as a fun little idea came to her mind.  She then turned back to face the serpent under her paw, a much eerier smile now on her face.  She could still barely see or stand from having to burn so much energy, and she intended to have some kind of reimbursement.

She leaned in close to the arbok just to test her boundaries and see if it could move, and when it didn't try to lunge at her again, she assumed it was finally incapacitated.  The fact that it was even still conscious was a surprise, but she intended to leave it that way.  She looked back at the ekans once more, then back to the larger snake.  "That yours?" she questioned, still grinning deviously.  Her only response was the continuous glare of the arbok.  This insult needed to be punished.  She took her paw off her defeated opponent and turned away to approach Solus, her stability finally returning to her so as to allow her to walk safely.  She looked between the buizel and his opponent, noticing one very important thing that was missing from the lovely scene.  No longer did she care about Solus potentially viewing her as a source of safety.

As Krikka neared the other two combatants, she abruptly stopped and sat down, focusing her gaze on Solus.

"Well?  Finish it."

(Snek junkie.  Nxe3.)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker

PostSubject: Re: Toxic Personality   Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:46 am

You've got to be k—no, of course you're not. Solus immediately struggled his was back up onto his feet. He wasn't sure Krikka recognized how hurt he was and wasn't interested in taking another Iron Tail if she decided he needed any more motivation. Upon reaching his feet, he assessed the situation. The arbok was awake and aware, but down. The ekans was where he'd left it. Still restrained, still angry, and still trying to strike at him.

Finish him. Would it kill you to be just the tiniest bit more specific? Solus figured there were only two meanings to the phrase in a situation like this. Krikka either wanted him to knock the ekans out, or outright kill the thing. He couldn't tell which she meant. He had an idea that Krikka wasn't particularly interested in killing, but he also figured that she could easily change her mind on that subject if, say, two random pokemon out in the middle of nowhere decided to jump and try to kill her. You could have said "End him" or "Kill it" or "Knock it out" or literally any other phrase and I would have understood.

There were only two possibilities here; either Krikka wanted the ekans dead, or she didn't care if he killed it or just knocked it unconscious. Regardless, even if he assumed she was indifferent, he still didn't know what to do. He was supposed to be impressing Krikka here. Somehow he didn't think knocking the ekans out would be too impressive now. No, it wouldn't be—it was an order. He was expected to either kill it or knock it out. If it was only the latter she wanted, the former would definitely earn him something; a raised eyebrow at the least. With all that in mind though, he still wasn't sure what to do.

Yes, killing the ekans was the best option for him as far as Krikka was concerned, but... Was he willing or even capable of doing it? This was a moral question Solus found he wasn't equipped to deal with. He had told himself he wanted to be a good guy. He had wanted friends, allies, people he could rely on and who could rely on him. So far he barely had any of that. His childhood was terrible: no real family, he couldn't keep friends. Partially because he tended to be a tad too aggressive or exploitative; partially because parents tended to keep their kids away from "trouble children." That was a label he'd picked up after getting into more than one dispute with shop owners or even police officers because he'd been caught stealing. It was usually food, but that never seemed to tip anyone off that something wasn't right.

At some point he'd isolated himself from others. He kept to himself and others kept their distance from him—taking to their parents advice. But he got lonely, he decided to try again, and he met Xeno. It was some point around then that he'd decided to try and be the good guy. Work for things, help people, and show that he was reliable and trustworthy. That was recent and it was already falling apart. Now he was standing right next to the pokemon who nearly killed his new friend. And he was trying to figure out if he'd kill a pokemon for her.

A pokemon that had attacked him. It and the arbok both. Had things went differently and Krikka had been taken down, would they have killed her? Probably. And then they'd have killed me... What if he spared the ekans? Would they attack someone again, and kill them? Had the two learned anything from this? The only thing the two have learned is that they should reconsider Earthquake... They would try this again with some other pokemon, Solus was sure. So then was killing the ekans justified? Was this the "good" thing to do, in the long run? The buizel thought back to Xeno.

Xeno had mentioned his parents and how they were. Solus remembered how angry he had been, how much he wanted to find and hurt them at that moment. But did he want to kill them? I think maybe... Maybe I would. His inconclusive answer bothered him. This whole mental debate with himself bothered him. THe whole situation he was in bothered him. He was confused and it was causing stress and the stress was building up and starting to turn into something else. Krikka attacking Xeno. Krikka and Solus's fight. Their discussion afterwards. Krikka renaming him. The challenge, Grima, Venen Gulch, fighting the snakes, now stnading her debating with himself if what he thought Krikka wanted him to do was something he was capable of. New half formed thoughtsa and unfounded ideas started to disrupt his thoughts. What if he doesn't kill this ekans and Krikka does it instead? And then she hurts him for not listening. Or she kills him outright, or leaves him for the arbok and goes after Xeno out of pure spite or—

He suddenly felt very distant. There was a ringing he recognized—the sound of his Sonic Boom attack. It was like watching a slide show. A still image of the ekans—replaced with another after what felt like seconds. The ekans was striking out toward Solus. Then it was recoiling as if it had been hit. Then it struck out again. It was hit again. And again. And again—this time it hadn't struck out. Then it was lying against a rock. Then there was a bit of red where it's head must have made impact with the rock.

From an observers perspective, Solus had stood and looked around. First at the arbok, then Krikka, then the ekans. He stared at the ekans for something like twenty seconds. Then there was a sudden outburst of what could only be inturpretted as anger, and Solus was all of a sudden striking at the ekans repeatedly with his Sonic Boom attack, taking steps closer with each strike. Even after the ekans had went limp he kept hitting it several more times.

Solus stopped abruptly and went down to his knees, feeling a sudden dizziness—likely form exhaustion and the effects of the poison. Through the spinning he noticed the ekans. It was either unconscious and dying, or already dead. The slideshow replayed in his head in real time and he realised what had happened. No emotion was displayed on his face. No emotion was particularly prominent in his mind, either. He was feeling too many things at once that he couldn't quite tell how he felt about anything at this moment.

((Gotta get that snek. Oop got the snek too good. dxe3.))

Roll Reminder:

Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Toxic Personality   Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:04 am

Krikka sat and waited patiently for some kind of response from her toy, eager and curious to see in what way he would react.  As suspected, he could still stand, which made it even more likely that he had allowed himself to fall out of a sense that the umbreon was willing to be a safety net for him.  But beyond that, where wasn't anything noteworthy about his reaction, at least initially.  He simply stood there like an idiot, staring in silence as if the command were hard to comprehend.  There were very few things it could have meant, Krikka felt, so she wondered why it was taking so long.  If it was morality or rebellious impulse holding the buizel back, then he would simply choose not to kill the ekans.  But, if he was afraid of what would happen if he made such a choice, then this awkward display of inaction made sense.  If this happened to be the case, making a choice held obvious difficulty since he had to wager his own safety against his morality.  Beating him if he didn't comply was not in the umbreon's to-do list since she didn't intend to make the competition any less fair by striking him for no good reason, but he didn't know this.

Krikka was considering calling her little experiment off and simply handling the situation herself due to the total lack of any action from Solus... then it happened.  Her ears suddenly perked up, her eyes widened and she even jumped slightly as the docile buizel suddenly began pounding away at the trapped snake.  His apparent hesitation had vanished in an instant, and if not for the lack of any sign of emotion, Krikka would have thought he was enjoying it.  She had prepared for the possibility of having her order be outright ignored, but it seemed the exact opposite was happening and the buizel was now beating his foe to death in an almost... zealous manner.  Perhaps it would even have been disturbing, if only the bystander were someone more innocent in nature.  However, for this particular vixen, the situation was actually quite the opposite.

When the buizel finally stopped, it was clear that he had most certainly done as commanded and then some.  Krikka looked back at the arbok, which was somehow managing to glare even more fiercely, but alas, this did nothing to faze her.  She then turned her attention to Solus once more, having expected him to say something by this point.  He was being awfully silent, which, on top of his blank expression, was admittedly a bit concerning.  Krikka wasn't much for sentiment, but she hoped she hadn't broken her plaything so soon.  She had been hoping for a fun-filled day of torture and pain, but things had happened so fast, it seemed possible that the outing would be ending shortly.  She was feeling the recoil of simply being in such an environment already, so she knew Solus had to be feeling it as well.  Perhaps that was why he had collapsed yet again, as it seemed to be the reason behind the first time he had done it, but the lack of any apparent emotion in him was not explained away so easily.

Was this, perhaps, the first time he had committed such violence?  Was it the buizel's first taste of blood?  Was he truly so innocent, despite coming from a... similar background to the sadistic, hostile umbreon known as Krikka?  She cocked her head to the left as she stared in a mixture of surprise and confusion, unsure of how to respond to this interesting situation.  Finally, she pieced together enough of a coherent thought to voice herself and hopefully snap Solus out of whatever trance he seemed to be in.  "I've gotta say, I'm impressed.  I didn't think you had it in you.  I mean... I barely had to do anything at all.  I was expecting breaking you to take an awful lot more than this.  Am I really that good?" she stood up as she questioned the buizel, then approached with her eyes glued to him.  Every action he took made her all the more interested in him; everything he did made him seem more worth her time.  She could theorize nonstop and probably still not be able to answer any of her own questions for certain, so she decided to simply ask him to answer for her.

The umbreon placed herself directly in front of the buizel, sat down, and leaned in close to his face to be at eye level with him make sure he was paying attention to her.  "Or were you already cracked?"  It was a simple question, at least to her, but she wondered if it would be difficult to answer.  She wanted to know what Solus thought about himself, especially if this guess of hers turned out to be correct.  Sure, he could easily lie about it, but a lie would tell just as much as the truth, assuming she could distinguish it as such.  She doubted he would be able to lie successfully to her, so this was of no concern, and with the prideful personality he had shown thus far, it seemed likely that he wouldn't even try in the first place.  Krikka waited eagerly for her answer, though she wasn't entirely sure why she was so interested.  Perhaps it was because Solus had been so entertaining that she now had this interest in him.  She knew that it was at least partially because of his complexity, though, as his initial appearance had deceived her.  She didn't like guessing wrong about things, and she couldn't quite seem to get this specific individual entirely figured out no matter how hard she tried.

Another thing of note about this possibility, aside from the fact that it was interesting, was that it held promise.  Krikka had not expected for Solus to be of particular use to her, especially in the short run, and had drawn him in primarily for entertainment.  However, if he turned out to have a bit more edge to him than was initially apparent, perhaps he would be capable of making himself useful after all.  Regardless, one thing was for certain: whatever had just happened to him, Krikka certainly wanted to see it happen again.  She wanted to know the reason behind this sudden outburst so that she could make an effort to bring it out again in the future.  Seeing that her new subordinate had such capacity to inflict harm, she wanted nothing more than to learn how to harness it for own amusement... and perhaps even her benefit.  If this buizel turned out to have potential to be useful, then maybe, just maybe, he would have a place in the grand scheme of Krikka.  If only she knew what her grand scheme was.

(Qg2#.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVHFFtYDTYE)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toxic Personality   

Back to top Go down

Toxic Personality
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next