Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Lost souls and Boxes.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

AuthorMessage
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

Poké : 3747

Lost souls and Boxes. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost souls and Boxes.   Lost souls and Boxes. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 4:25 pm

[Energy: 0 + 1 (Page regeneration) = 1]

Like the repentant child Yigo was, he wanted nothing more than being punished for what he did. It wasn´t until Yooka went serious that he realised the nonsense he had just said. Explorers would never end someone´s life; moreover, they´ll give them a second chance like Alki had done in the past with him. He shouldn´t sully their name with that act. He had to apologise, but something made Yooka get distracted.

Barely loosening his grip on her and turning to face the intruder, Yigo found himself confused. What he had sworn to be a picture on one of the room´s  walls was releasing a purple gas that carried the smile and eyes of the picture. Without believing that Yooka had her wounds healed he stood between the gas and her. He had no intentions towards the gas, not even when it opened the mouth that it was carrying.

Was that gas... alive? And having a conversation with Yooka? At least, it didn´t seem hostile. And just like it came, it vanished. Looking back at her, he realised that they had a lot to talk but he didn´t answer until he had made sure that Yooka wasn´t lying about her wounds being recovered. To his delight, he couldn´t find any trace of it. Probably she had used something from her bag like she had suggested him to do in case of that happening again. On the other hand, she might be alright but, after the gas´ speech, Yigo´s blood was boiling. It had called Yooka a criminal, it had called an explorer a criminal! The Sandshrew wouldn´t believe it and was not going to pay it any more attention any longer for respect of both Yooka and the Furfrou; besides, the intruder was gone and they have something else to settle.

"I-I don´t know what that was..." Yigo started, looking behind where the explorer was "but what it said is not true... it can´t be" his voice was getting more confident as the words flew. Thanks to their previous interaction, he finally collected himself and was able to be calmed and focused yet he still wanted to show that to Yooka, somehow, even if they were not supposed to be friends "we could say that... it assumed!" Yigo turned to her and let out a chuckle. That was the first time he had fun with the lady´s words that got so deep in him "A criminal would have let me to... it would have left me alone" extending his hands to her and looking away his voice lowered in tone "I´ve heard from the Furfrou... that we had to convince the little one to get the box. I´m... going to help you. After that... you can... t-take me to the Polis Estation... I-I won´t resist"

Last edited by PrimordialPrim on Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:41 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: Lost souls and Boxes.   Lost souls and Boxes. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 7:36 am

Her deal was simple and to the point. Yooka was going to forgive him if he succeeded, like a trial to test his good willingness. She wanted to solve the issue without molesting. He couldn´t wish for more; after all, the pack leader was treating them like one of them and defending them. The last thing he´d want would be betraying its trust. But something was making him nervous. If Yooka with the help of another explorer were not able to retrieve the box, what were the odds of him succeeding where they had failed? If only Alki was with them...

Doubts were thoughts he couldn´t afford. He had to get the box to go back and see her after all! And for that, he needed the item the explorer was offering him as a reward or, at least, he believed so. When she had asked him if he was ready, the Sandshrew reluctantly nodded as he wanted to help but he saw himself unfit for the task. "I-I... I can do it! U-Uh... um... what do I do? The alpha said that you just had to ask... the little one for it" However, as simple as the task seemed, there was still the issue of the Kricketune "B-But... the Kricketune..."

Now that he thought about it. The melody that was playing in the background had stopped. Did that mean that the issue was solved? Was the Kricketune gone? Or had the Furfrou convinced it not to fight them? The Sandshrew got curled in to the size of a ball and rolled to Yooka´s side once more. Yigo may not know the solution of those questions, but considering the circumstances, recalling seemed imminent.
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: Lost souls and Boxes.   Lost souls and Boxes. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 10:06 am

To be able to help Yooka, aside from getting the box, Yigo could not disturb the members of the Furfrou´s pack. Waiting for it to open the door and call them in again the Sandshrew felt a pat on his ball-shaped body followed by the words "Just be yourself". It felt... flattering but disorienting. Yooka wanted him to be himself; however, what she knew about him was either not enough or wrong. Did she know something that he didn´t?

Now on his usual shape, Yigo felt a bit disappointed knowing that the explorer that accompanied Yooka failed at trying to convince the Kricketot... until he heard her name. Unable to contain the need, he shot back her name "Alki?! S-She was... s-she failed?" Yigo already imagined that Alki wasn´t exceptionally strong, that her strength lied elsewhere. Alki had some charm, a way to make you feel happy and special and the Kricketot calling her annoying felt like an insult. At least Yooka seemed to disagree with the insect...

Distracted, the Sandshrew was not aware of the fact that the purple lady had already opened the door. On the other side, he found the Furfrou next to a Zangoose, both of them on what it looked like a comfortable seat, staring at them. The Zangoose was the one to stand up.

"Don´t worry, the tune´s gone and it ain´t going to come back until night comes." the Zangoose said with a masculine voice while it stretched its arms "By any chance, have you seen Viper around? It´s time to feed her and, with the storm, I´m sure she got scared and hid somewhere."

Ignoring the Zangoose, Yigo focused on the Furfrou. It seemed unharmed and rather calmed, its eyes targeting the pair. The Sandshrew then entered the residence´s entrance and sat in front of the Furfrou´s seat, waving his tail slightly. When he was about to pronounce his intentions he was quickly overwhelmed nervousness and heat from his inside. "W-We... I-I... I won´t c-cause... trouble anymore... I-I´m s-sorry" Even though it pained to speak, knowing that Yooka was nearby was comforting. Yigo only had to look for her eyes to feel a bit better "M-My... name... is Yigo... and-"

"Quiet!" the Furfrou interrupted him growling a huff and standing on his fours

Feeling even worse, Yigo pulled back towards Yooka, seeking refuge near her. Why would she want him to be himself? The only thing he could do right was making things worse.
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: Lost souls and Boxes.   Lost souls and Boxes. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 12, 2017 12:00 am

The room certainly felt different, like the balance of powers had shifted. Yigo cowardly expected Yooka to fix the mess he had made but may have worsened the situation. The Furfrou did not look happy and Yooka seemed to be the reason. Did the Furfrou think that she wanted to overthrow him? Or had the Kricketune convinced it not to let them stay?  Yigo followed Yooka´s sight towards the Zangoose. It was true, they hadn´t seen that "Viper" unless that was supposed to be the gas that, truth be told, appeared to be unscareable.

The Zangoose huffed lightly, crossed his arms and swung his tail from left to right. It seemed disappointed until its eyes found Yigo´s. A smile got drawn as it stepped closer to the Sandshrew.

"So... you´re Yigo, ain´t ya? I´m going to look for Viper and I´d probably use a second pair of eyes" The Zangoose crouched to be at Yigo´s level and extended its hand to him to show friendliness and safety "She shouldn´t be that far and I have an idea to where she should be. Your... friend... relative?... She can come too" Its sight shifted for a second to Yooka, expecting some sort of approbation or denial but quickly returned to Yigo "So, you´re in?"

Yigo hesitated at first, not sure if he had any chance at attempting anything. Avoiding the Zangoose for a second Yigo stepped aside and waited for the Furfrou or Yooka to react to the proposition but none of them did much. The Furfrou just nailed its sight on them like if they were fangs and the explorer seemed like she took the hit. Without much confidence, the Sandshrew got his hand on top of the Zangoose "A-Alright..."

Soon, the Zangoose grabbed Yigo´s hand and shook it slowly as to make the agreement official. That was foreign to Yigo, it didn´t look like it belonged to the language it displayed with the Furfrou before.

"See? It wasn´t that hard" the Zangoose stood up and turned to Yooka, crossing its arms "Then, ma´am, follow me" it added, moving towards one of the hallways in the room expecting them to come along. However, Yigo continued at Yooka´s side holding her hand with his own. "Y-Yooka... a-are you... coming?"
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: Lost souls and Boxes.   Lost souls and Boxes. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 14, 2017 1:02 am

While guiding them through a hallway Yigo kept holding Yooka´s hand, driving her along the way. It looked lifeless, an empty husk depleted of agency. It wasn´t until they had reached a room with a couple of pillows and blankets barely visible by the lonely hovering ember on the front wall, where Yooka began cursing about the little insect. That sole action made the Sandshrew drop his hands and look at her shocked. Had she just-?

The Zangoose noted the explorer´s behaviour and, keeping an out on her, it turned to the Sandshrew and crouched again to his height "It looks like she´s not here but he has to be here somewhere... I know! Why don´t ya look outside? We´ll be here in case she returns and you don´t notice it. I´ll tell you if she comes back" its eyes got back to the Sandshrews, smiling faintly "I´m counting on ya, kid. Don´t disappoint me!"

It felt strange... but Yigo felt the need to accept the guide´s request. Helping people made them more eager to help you in exchange. If Yigo was able to find Viper, perhaps the Zangoose could help them get the box. Just nodding to it, Yigo advanced towards the door they had just come in through and abandoned the room ready to find Viper.

Outside of the sleeping quarters, it was dark and dusty. Only the lights of some colourful flames hovering over candles and sticks were able to better the situation. In reality, it didn´t bother the Sandshrew that much, having many more options to spot Viper. Even though Yigo didn´t know how did Viper look like, he expected it to be his first find. The Sandshrew pressed his ear on the stone floor, trying to catch footsteps or any sign of movement. Strangely enough, he could only hear... a conversation... from the way he came from.

"...What are you doing? You´re allowed in again, given a second chance and all you do is demand that your requests are met?..."

It was the Zangoose, it seemed angry. Who was it angry at? Yigo had no idea but only knew of someone else that was with it. Curious, he abandoned his task in favour of spying on the conversation. His ear shifted from the ground to the wall of the sleeping quarters.

" ... don´t mind that you do your job, but having a kid do it? Is that stupid box that important?..."

A slight feeling of pain got to Yigo´s chest with a sensation of suffocation. He brought his hands to his face needing something to bite. Yooka hadn't forced him to do anything! He decided on his own to help! Hearing the conversation only made him feel worse, losing all confidence the explorer gave him before. Now dropped on the floor, waiting for the next line of dialogue he noticed a cloud of purple smog forming around him. When he was about to react, something harnessed him in against the floor. A hand shaped cloud forced his mouth shut while a shiny mouth and mean eyes appeared in front of him.

"Hush, hush, little one" the ghastly mouth let out, whispering to his ear "You wouldn´t want to interrupt mom and dad when the best part is about to start, don´t you?"
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: Lost souls and Boxes.   Lost souls and Boxes. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 17, 2017 12:41 am

Yigo was stuck on his position. The gas creature had him on the floor but it was not doing anything else. What was the point? He couldn´t even explain to it that he was actually helping the Zangoose. He needed to get free, but with one of the gas´ "hands" pressing his head and the other pressing his body the only thing he could think of was punching the wall and attract the attention of the ones inside the sleeping quarters.

"Hahah... She´s funny, isn´t she? She is trying to convince Gus over there that she got here by her own and that you "magically" agreed to help her. How cute" Taking advantage of the Haunter´s speech, the Sandshrew tried to punch the wall. Unfortunately, the Haunter was not distracted enough and stopped the move with the hand that was not long ago holding the Yigo´s head "What are you doing? You are going to get us caught! And you wouldn´t want them to find out what you were doing instead of... let´s say... finding certain Seviper"

How could it know that much? Was it there the whole time? It was a scary thought that someone was always following him every second, learning from him, from his failures. And then there was Yooka. Each of the manor´s inhabitants knew about her, it was obvious that she had been there before. The Haunter, in particular, seemed to dislike her more than anyone based on what it said in the other room. Yigo couldn´t let the chance to put it in its place be missed.

"Y-You..." he whispered, only to be heard by the gas amalgamation "You are wrong... I wanted to help her... I-I need to... she needs me... Can´t you understand it?"

"Oh, so you think that she needs you? I would have believed that if you were the first one to come with her" Seeing that Yigo had no intention to give away their position, it started petting him in a way that felt uncomfortable. "Oh! My bad! I´m sure she hasn´t told you that" it continued, sarcastically.

That was all that Yigo needed to turn the tables. The gas made a mistake. It had assumed. It was now Yigo´s time to show what he had learned from the explorer "D-Don´t assume things... I already knew... about Alki... Yooka put her trust o-on me" Yigo sat in front of the ghost type, still letting himself get touched by it, and smirkingly grinned, believing that he had won the argument. The Haunter looked a bit shocked as his eyes grew bigger and unsettled, its hands vanishing into thin air.

"And I thought that you were just naive... now I see that you are just like them. Just be warned, thievery will be punished, like last time. if you try to do that again... hahahah" The gas began hovering above Yigo, looking down on him and making one of its hands glow with an eerie light

"You... liar... h-how dare you..." The Sandshrew got offended. Now it wasn´t only Yooka the one that got insulted. By accusing Alki of theft it made the Sandshrew rage. Standing up on his feet he waved about his claws wildly trying to hit the incorporeal gas "Y-Yooka... A-Alki... they would never do that!" he shouted in a grave tone, not caring anymore if they got caught. The Haunter simply enjoyed looking how the Sandshrew futilely wasted his energies while it hovered over him higher and higher, slowly merging with the ceiling.

"I guess she didn´t put her trust on you after all, hehe. Don´t be angry, Sandy, I´ve done nothing but telling you the truth!  Hehe... anyways, I´d like to see their reaction when they discover that you were spying on them but I have to make sure that Viper doesn´t accidentally eat your friend. She likes the taste of thieves, hahahah"

Yigo felt the weight of those words, making him sit on the ground gazing at the last of the gas clouds dissipating into the air. That thing thought that Yooka was a thief, Yigo once thought that Yooka was a thief. Was he right after all? Yigo completely forgot his mission to retrieve the box as he had more pressing concerns that needed to be answered. The last look was driven at the door. They were going to come out soon, weren´t they?

"Yooka... thief..." he repeatedly mumbled those words to himself "Yooka... thief..."
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: Lost souls and Boxes.   Lost souls and Boxes. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 12:02 am

The explorer´s apology caught Yigo out of guard but nonetheless meant that she had to be sorry about something. Yigo began to grow suspicious about her. He knew that Alki was incapable of stealing the box, she wasn´t like that. The thought of Yooka extorting her, offering her something she needed in exchange of accomplishing the task, was starting to make sense, that´s what Yooka was doing to him after all.

The Zangoose that stood by her side was expecting for an answer similar or positive towards the explorer. However, Yigo apology went to the Zangoose instead "I-I I´m also sorry... sir... I couldn´t find Viper..." He deliberately avoided eye contact with Yooka and it could be easily noticed when he gave her his back "I´ll find her... I-I can do it"

A moment of silence came after that.  Yigo knew that it wasn´t what they were expecting. By getting no answer, he gave single step before being stopped by the Zangoose´s paw on his shoulder. Reluctantly looking back, the Sandshrew noticed that its expression was not confused, but unsettled, getting second thoughts regarding stopping him from going to find Viper "O-Oh... don´t worry little one. The... Gastly told us where we could find her, isn´t that right, Yooka? Viper´s on the lower level. Do you want to co-?"

"Lies!"  Yigo shot back getting the Zangoose´s paw away from his shoulder and turning towards the pair, remembering that the Haunter was going through the ceiling and not through the floor when it was going to take care of her. Yigo found the contradiction very annoying. Someone was lying, probably everyone was lying to him. "I-I´ve been sincere... haven´t I? N-No more lies..." he stepped away from the Zangoose and glared at the explorer for a second, before shaking his head sideways "Yooka... I-I want to... I want to believe in you... but..." The strange feeling of talking to a stranger kicked in again, making him difficult to talk properly and feeling a burning feeling inside each time he tried to speak up "A-Alki... you made her steal... the box..." Yigo shrugged, hugging the nothingness tightly to desperately find comfort  somewhere "N-No more lies..."

Someone´s breaking:
Back to top Go down
PrimordialPrim

PrimordialPrim

PostSubject: Re: Lost souls and Boxes.   Lost souls and Boxes. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 23, 2017 11:22 pm

Was it because he was young? Was that the reason why no one told him the truth? Was the truth that bad to conceal it from him? Yooka was talking about her being too soft and that she tried to be nice, that´s why she left Alki. The explorer said that it was too afraid of hurting Alki by teaching her how the real world was. Was that the reason why she never told him the truth? To protect him?

No. He didn´t need protecting. Keira, Yigo´s mother, had prepared him to face the challenges of the world. He could deal with the hard truth. All the lying and masking only made Yigo more suspicious to the point in which he couldn´t trust anyone anymore. He just wanted to leave, to be able to go back to Grassveil, to reunite with Alki. For that, he had to finish the mission successfully. The following talks were getting nowhere as they were just the ghost´s attempts to make Yooka vulnerable.

"Yooka, shut up!" he interrupted shouting between his teeth, trying to let her see that talking was of not use with the ghost "Y-You and me... we are talking about that later..."

"Uuuhh... I see, kid, that you have some bark... heheh" the Haunter grinned, containing a laugh "have you finally realised that you are but a mere tool to her means? Look at her... she knows what she has done. She may try to lie, but her tears can´t... hehe"

Yigo contained his desire to attack the malicious gas, clenching his fists and letting a subtle and almost unhearable growl "W-We are leaving... but not without the box"

"Aren´t you forgetting something? Because it´s fairly obvious that the box is not yours. And do you remember what happens to thieves here?" The Haunter took the chance to release some repressed resentment by lighting one of its punches with a bright light and launching it in front of it. The Sandshrew showed no interest in that move, as he had finally realised that it was harmless and just wanted to scare him, to break in front of him like Yooka had.

"The box is not ours either" The Zangoose finally decided to step in "The explorer doesn´t want the box for herself, she´s trying to give it back to their rightful owners" The Zangoose swung its tail and crossed arms "This is serious, we may be the ones in a pinch. I don´t want trouble with the guild, and I´m sure that the others would agree with me"

"But... Gus!" The Haunter´s expression changed from a smirky pose that demonstrated confidence to one of a powerless shock. It holded its mouth opened and got its eyes broadened as the grip of its hands weakened "I can´t believe that you just trusted outsiders! That´s only an excuse to get the box from the tot!"

The other two continued with a conversation that Yigo understood as a power struggle between the lower links of the pack´s hierarchy. Even though they had one of the most merciful and forgiving leaders, conflicts to rise in the pack had to happen. This saddened Yigo, as he had considered staying with them in case he wasn´t allowed back in Grassveil. Seeing how their conversation only revolved around mistrust and Yooka´s theft without giving her a chance to explain herself, Yigo grabbed the explorer´s hand and pulled from it lightly, just to catch her attention "I-I won´t give up... I-I need to see... A-Alki again" he whispered just to her ears, looking at her eyes with a worried gaze "b-but for that... I need..."

"The card..." he thought to himself. He knew that if he said that Yooka wouldn´t trust him, so he deliberately stopped there. If they weren´t telling him the truth, so he wouldn´t.

"I´d rather play it safe, I won´t be taking risks" The Zangoose was finally able to get a hold of the situation, it´s facade erasing any sign of doubt it had "If that makes you feel better, we´ll talk it out with the others." With a void huff and a slight twitch of its left ear, the Zangoose remembered that Yooka and Yigo were still there. It turned to them, pointing to the way through which they got to that hallway "As for you two, I want you out of this place. The storm should have eased off by now. Wait outside and I´ll bring you the box myself"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost souls and Boxes.   Lost souls and Boxes. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost souls and Boxes.
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next