Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

AuthorMessage
Nightingale

Nightingale

Poké : 1320

Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles.   Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 8:33 pm

Looking at the cookies he cocked his head hesitantly before taking one and nodding his head. "What do I do for fun?" His ears flicked around as he thought for a minute, chewing the cookie slowly as he processed the question. The feeling of chewing caused a primal feeling of calmness to wash over him. Swallowing the sugary treat he looked at Yooka, speaking softly as he answered. "Um, I like singing and drawing...oh! And games, I'll play pranks on Pokemon or challenge them to games." He said matter of factly, nodding his head as if he agreed with himself. "I can't gamble like the older pokemon, but I still like to play games with them. Mostly just to make a living. Things like if I flip his coin where will it land, heads or tails. Things like that. I'm not good at thinking games, though. They're too hard..." He admitted with a laugh, his face dark red with embarrassment.

Looking at the Kecleon he cocked his head to the side. "What about you? What do you do for fun? I assume puzzles." He said as he gestured to the papers on the ground with a chuckle. "Puzzles are fun, though, I'm just not too good with them." The grey chinchilla said as his head rocked back and forth. It seemed his body language and his speech almost went hand and hand. He seemed to act more than speak but when he started talking he didn't stop until he felt like he had talked someone's ear off. He put the last of the cookie in his mouth as he started to enjoy it. He was calmer now and he was also thinking more clearly. He didn't understand the puzzle one bit but he looked at it in confusion and chewed, breathing quietly and focusing on the papers.

He couldn't figure out anything about the puzzle before the both of them but he seemed to actually be more calm and levelheaded about it. His smile growing as he looked at Yooka. "I don't know if you know what you're writing...but you figured out a lot by the looks of it. Thank for for asking me to be your partner. I'm sorry I'm all over the place."
Back to top Go down
Nightingale

Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles.   Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 3:42 pm

He almost jumped out of his skin as Yooka exclaimed. His eyes went wide before he calmed down almost as fast as he got scared. Yooka didn't strike Nightingale as the type of expressed much emotion but as she exclaimed that she had found out what the puzzle was his view of her somewhat shifted. He smiled as he looked at the paper. Chess? He didn't really play much but he knew about it and played it a couple of times. "Here and there. I haven't really played in a long time." He admitted as his eyes scanned the paper. Something clicked in his head as he remembered how the old Pokemon where he grew up would announce where they would put their pieces. "So these are just...the squares on the chess board? Then what is the last line? Or do we need to figure that out.." He questioned aloud; his eyes looking over the paper. He didn't know the board of what the squares numbers and letters where. He was lost but still, he was a little bit happy as he wasn't as lost as he was before.

"You don't like pranks?" His question flew out of his mouth before he could think about it. Nightingale knew most Pokemon didn't enjoy when he pranked them but he only found out AFTER he had already done the deed. So knowing that Yooka doesn't like pranks he took a mental note not to mess with her. His eyes seeming to look through the Kecleon as he squinted, trying to carve into his memory that Yooka didn't like pranks or pranksters. She had said that they were on the fence about them but he figured it'd be safer to assume that Yooka didn't like pranks and keep himself from getting another lecture about how some Pokemon didn't find these things amusing and how their day was ruined because of him.

His face soon went back to normal as he nodded his head. He would remember this, his opinion of Yooka didn't seem to change much as they have told him outright that she did not like pranks. If he was yelled at by them, however, then he would have lost some respect. But he seemed to enjoy that they had warned Nightingale beforehand. His smile grew on his face and he nodded his head, agreeing with nothing. Nightingale sat on the ground, his front paws next to the paper. "So...can you explain this puzzle to me?" He begged, wanting to know more about how this puzzle that seemed to hurt his head.
Back to top Go down
Nightingale

Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles.   Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles. - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 6:37 pm

As Nightingale watched the Kecleon pull their hand away and suckle on their finger be blinked and looked confused. But he spoke in his soft and feminine voice. "Yooka? Are you hurt? Do you need me to get you anything?" He questioned, wanting to know if this Pokemon who helped him get this far. He didn't want them getting hurt, and seeing them hurt only made him more upset. His ears flattening on his head. He walked over to Yooka and looked at the Orb itself. His eyes were fixated on it as he wanted to reach out and touch it. But seeing how Yooka was 'burned' he fought against his instinct rather quickly. "Five W's and a lonely H?" He repeated the question aloud as he started to question what would have five W and an H. His gray eyes looked at Yooka, almost pleading with them, begging for some information, any kind of information about this puzzle. "I don't...understand. Is he talking about Pokemon names? Or buildings?"

He was starting to think about these questions like always. He wasn't that good at puzzles but there were some days where he would excel at solving them maybe these cryptic puzzles are just not his style, or maybe he was just having an off day. Whatever the case may be he was helping by giving Yooka information that didn't solve the puzzle, most of the time at least. His ears were pressed to his head in fear that she was hurt more than she was showing. He didn't think she was someone to put on a tough front but he wanted to make sure. He was a caring soul, acting like a parent when he saw one of his friends get hurt. Sure, he wasn't a good parent by any means but he would shift attitudes quickly. Some Pokemon from his old town found it flattering and cute that he cared about others so much, others found it weird how he could change from happy go lucky to caring and scared at the drop of a feather.

"Would you like me to get you some ice or something to put on your finger?" The ashen chinchilla question with a cocked head, forgetting about the puzzle for a minute and focusing more on the safety and well-being of his friend. His tail swished from side to side, not in happiness but more in a curious and slow movement. Like he was thinking, trying to figure something out. his gaze shifting from the orb to his friend. What about this thing infront of him allowed it to hurt them? He hadn't seen an orb in the Pecha forest every time he went exploring so maybe it was rare. Or maybe it's something the guild just keeps around. Then again he only checked for berries, not shiny orbs.
Back to top Go down
Nightingale

Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles.   Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 11:41 pm

The idea was perfect, the five W's and an H representing who, what, where, when, why and how? But what was with the rollcall orb? It was a piece of the puzzle after all and it wasn't something to overlook. Sure it is pretty shocking but Nightingale didn't believe that it had to do with pranks. His mind brought up a different solution almost instantly. "Um, Yooka..? If this orb is a roll call orb like you said...maybe we need to find some Pokemon? Like you said, the clue is five W's and an H, but...what if it's Who is the Pokemon, Where is the Pokemon, Why are they gone, when did they leave...that may not be the answer, though!" The ashen Pokemon was confident enough in his answer to say what he thought about it but didn't have enough gusto to back up his claims and stick by them. "I'm not saying you're wrong; yours definitely makes sense. But I'm just throwing my two cents out there..eheh..." His front left paw rubbed the back of his head as he let out an embarrassed chuckle. He enjoyed being around Yooka and didn't want to annoy here by saying she was wrong. But Nightingale wanted to desperately help solve these puzzles in any way he could.

His attitude seemed to change, he was back to his "old self", where he was more carefree about everything, though he was a little intimidated by Yooka. She scared him, honestly. She seemed so serious and strong that it was a little scary. But he wanted to see through that. There were times where Yooka showed she was nice and he enjoyed that but when it came time for Yooka to focus on her puzzles he seemed to notice that the air around them seemed to change and that the purple Kecleon was in her own world. She wouldn't give him the time of day if they were not partners for this puzzle contest.

Then he remembered, they're on the third question. Sure, every Pokemon here is on the third puzzle too but no one had passed the third puzzle yet. And if they were the firsts to do so then Nightingale would consider that a win. Even if they gave up on the fourth or they just didn't have enough time. Beating everyone else was his main priority and a wicked grin grew on his face. "I got to say, though, Yooka. I'm happy you let me work with you. Even if I didn't do much I am glad I got to meet you." His wicked grin shifting to a happier and more sincere smile.
Back to top Go down
Nightingale

Nightingale

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles.   Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 9:57 pm

A wide smile was spread across his face as she seemed to take his answer seriously. It made him feel as though he could contribute to the little operation team they ran. Cyan eyes followed Yooka, seeing her write was nothing new but he watched as she reached out and touched the orb a second time. "Yooka, I wouldn't touch...that..." he managed to spit out, not wanting her to get shocked again. She seemed more calm about it though and as her arm pulled away and she spoke Nightingale looked visibly dumbfounded, but also a little upset. Her words, however, seemed to wipe the dumbfounded look on his face and replace it with a more upset and concerned look. "You didn't have to touch it again, Yooka. You could seriously hurt yourself." He stated as he stood on his hind legs. Putting his paws on his hips and scolding the much older and much wiser Pokemon. Sure, he couldn't argue with results and throwing oneself into the line of fire and taking one for the team would provide the best results for the both of them, however, Nightingale didn't take to kindly to the idea of his friend being hurt again.

Nightingale walked up to the orb, he seemed to get a rather bold idea. His tail started to glow, the light seemed to reflect off of it and he stared the orb down, his brow furrowed in anger. Iron Tail, he was using Iron Tail. But was he going to break the orb? Sure, it was a stupid idea as it was a key item they would need to solve the puzzle. He turned his body, but it wasn't with a violent motion. He seemed to be gently moving it or trying to anyway. He wasn't sure if it would hurt but he was determined to see it he could move it. Although his eyes widened as he felt the shock in his tail. It was only a quick bat but it was still enough for him to feel it and jump in mostly surprise. His idea was pretty stupid, he could have broken the orb, but he somehow managed to just shock himself. He couldn't think of anything else to do, almost all his ideas were thrown out the window at this point. "Well, I got nothing. What about you, Yooka?" He questioned, eyes shifting to look at his purple friend.

He walked back to Yooka and sat beside her, his tail not glowing anymore. Though his fur seemed to stand on end, floofed out as if some Pokemon threw him in a body of water and then dried him off. His focus on the papers in front of Yooka. His eyes looking back and forth between the two pages. Sure, trying to figure out both of them would be good but she shouldn't do it. "My mama always told me that if you chased two Pokemon you wouldn't catch either. I know you're super smart but maybe I could help with the work load?" He questioned, wanting to help his friend in any way he could.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles.   Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Puzzling a puzzle with puzzles on more puzzles.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2