Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Slushy Water

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
vonSteakhand

vonSteakhand

Poké : 1441

Slushy Water - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Slushy Water   Slushy Water - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 9:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

(OOC: Discussed in this thread.)

It was an idealistic winter's day around Grassveil, with energetic children running about, throwing snowballs and building snowmons. Snow fell gently down from the sky, with each individual flake gradually adding thickness unto the white blanket already atop the ground. The pond itself was beginning to feel the effects of the below freezing temperatures, with most of it being frozen on the surface, bar a few spots of broken ice around the edges from naive pokémon attempting to step onto it.

Most of the pokémon willing to be out in the snow and ice were either biologically inclined to cold weather, or bundled up in blankets and scarves. Clovis, a piplup, while not used to the same artic areas as his ancestors, certainly fell under the former. He had no cold weather clothing on whatsoever, besides a joy ribbon, tied under the 'collar' of his cape-like tail like a string bowtie. Instead, his resistance came from a thick layer of feathers underneath the visible ones on his exterior. He sat on a conveniently located tree stump, finishing off a bagel and admiring the pretty white landscape, with nothing in particular on his mind.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
vonSteakhand

vonSteakhand

PostSubject: Re: Slushy Water   Slushy Water - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 4:15 pm

Clovis wasn't very surprised to hear about the food being unremarkable, run-of-the-mill fare. With as big as the guild was, the food would have to be cheap enough to produce or purchase for every member without draining too much on the coffers. As it stood, the piplup ate fairly well and heartily every day, and had a particular taste for cheesy food, especially when seasoned with imported spices. If one had been paying close enough attention, they might have noticed a slight bit of pudge beginning to form on his body as a result. Clovis certainly wasn't. His thoughts began to transfer from the guild, and more towards what he was going to eat for lunch. Or would it be considered brunch time? Clovis wasn't sure, he didn't have any sort of timepiece on him. He progressively paid less and less attention to the kecleon as he considered all the possibilities. Let's see, I still have some poké after breakfast, and I'm in a pasta mood...

Clovis finally paid more attention when Yooka pulled out her guild badge. She looked at it rather disdainfully and, judging by the way it was dull and chipped, treated it rather disdainfully as well. She seemed to be complaining about how it hindered her fun somehow... perhaps it was a punitive badge, or one that denoted low rank? He blinked, and spoke up. "Erm, how exactly does a badge hinder your fun?" Perhaps it had something to do with her status as a 'solo' pokémon.
Back to top Go down
vonSteakhand

vonSteakhand

PostSubject: Re: Slushy Water   Slushy Water - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 1:59 am

From what Yooka was ranting about, Clovis could tell that she wasn't particularly satisfied with her current guild situation. Or something like that. When she referred to the guild rules as 'broken', Clovis just sort of stopped listening, and thought about what he would have for lunch again. To him, it sounded like she was complaining about something and, regardless of whether or not her complaints were legitimate, Clovis wasn't really involved enough himself to care. His stomach growled, and images of rich, steaming noodles covered in flavorful sauces began to enter his thoughts. Garlic would be well-ground and sprinkled all over, adding spice and texture to the previously smooth sauce. In addition, bits of green from various herbs would be visible on the surface of the sauce, adding not only flavor, but also some extra color to make the food more pleasing to look at. Afterwards, some warm chocolate cake, heavy in icing, to be matched perfectly with a glass of cool, creamy milk. He could practically feel himself taking gulps of his imaginary beverage to wash down imaginary deserts which he would eat when he left the pond and headed back into town. Drops of drool began to flow from his beak...

It took him a second to realize that the kecleon had paused her speech. He had heard very few of the words she had said, but he thought he could piece together a general idea. She spoke up again, briefly, about how she was an idiot with no friends... or something. Clovis returned to his senses when a bit of drool dripped down to his chest, and responded with a brief bit of dismissive snark. "Well, hmmmm Yooka, if you want to call yourself an idiot, I suppose it isn't really my place to argue." He inhaled the chilly air with a "Sniff."
Back to top Go down
vonSteakhand

vonSteakhand

PostSubject: Re: Slushy Water   Slushy Water - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 14, 2017 7:13 pm

When Yooka started yelling, Clovis sat still, widened his eyes and took the shouting without complaint, even smiling a bit at the fact that she had guessed his thoughts almost exactly. Internally, he chuckled at just how annoyed the kecleon had gotten. Really, there was a certain humor to the situation. Then, perhaps as an apology, she even offered to buy him lunch! "Goody-goody-goodness me, Yooka. I didn't know kecleon were psychic!" He laughed in a pitch much lower to the way he usually spoke. "Now that you mention it, I could really go for a nice, big bowl of spaghetti." He twisted his beak corners into a suave smile and looked the kecleon dead in the eyes. "That's not too exotic, is it? Assuming they let you eat more than just gruel and öats over at the guild, hmm?" Although her shouting was rude, and his tone as he spoke was certainly patronizing, there wasn't a hint of anger in any of his words. She realized her mistake, and more than made up for it by way of paying tribute through a meal. Clovis could appreciate this.
Back to top Go down
vonSteakhand

vonSteakhand

PostSubject: Re: Slushy Water   Slushy Water - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 4:26 am

At the prospect of going to a restaurant downtown, Clovis stood up, grabbed his wallet and jumped off of the stump, landing in the snow with a little 'poof'. He waddled up behind the kecleon, ready to go for the most part. He wasn't really sure what to say, and just made a quick little statement so that things wouldn't turn to silence. "I suppose that if you're paying, I'll let you pick your favorite place. I won't tell you where to spend your money." He shifted around on his feet, and began to wipe saliva off of his chest. Drooling, almost nodding off while someone else was talking... it wasn't something he wanted to be remembered for, but it did get him a meal.

(OOC: Not really sure what to do here, but I guess it's time to make a thread in Grassveil proper if that's where we're going, eh?)
Back to top Go down
vonSteakhand

vonSteakhand

PostSubject: Re: Slushy Water   Slushy Water - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 5:34 pm

(OOC: In that case, I say we finish up this page before moving on, just for the "exp".)

Clovis yawned and stretched as he listened to Yooka. She referred to herself as a 'fool', in yet another example of unacceptably low self-esteem. Internally, he groaned. How could he respect someone with so little respect for themselves? The way she described herself as incapable of finding a restaurant up to his standard just seemed a bit pathetic, even if she didn't realize it. He wasn't that picky. At least, he didn't think so. She passed the decision onto him, with the expectation that he was to pick a restaurant of relatively average quality. The piplup shook his head at this... getting lunch was her idea, and yet she didn't know where she wanted to go? Choosing where to eat was one of few decisions which Clovis was willing to delegate to others, usually to his parents. Personally, if he had offered to buy someone lunch, he would have chosen someplace nice, just to make a good impression and display himself as someone with good taste.

"I'm no food critic, Yooka." He said, with a vaguely charismatic smirk, in a demonstration of false modesty. "But I suppose I can think of a few places in town which I'm sure you'll enjoy." He danced around acknowledging the fact that Yooka was paying; he didn't want to mention this too often, lest he seem like he was dependant on her company or kindness. He was definitely making a conscious effort to make sure he seemed as dignified in receiving this gift as possible.
Back to top Go down
vonSteakhand

vonSteakhand

PostSubject: Re: Slushy Water   Slushy Water - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 4:35 pm

While the two of them walked, Yooka took an interest in small talk, and asked Clovis a question. Specifically, what did he like? What, you mean, as in what I like to eat? The exact context of this question was a bit vague, and its meaning difficult to discern as a result, so he asked for clarification before he would answer. "What do you mean by 'stuff'?" He spoke rather calmly, and would have given an answer, if he knew what the kecleon meant.

He looked down at his feet and tried to 'correct' his awkward way of walking by picking up his feet a bit, transforming his waddle into a difficult, but much more noble-looking stride. In addition, he improved his posture to make himself seem a bit more lofty than he had previously. While he was working on his walking, a realization hit him. Wait, she was asking me for my hobbies, wasn't she? But by then, it would have been too late to correct himself.

Last edited by vonSteakhand on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vonSteakhand

vonSteakhand

PostSubject: Re: Slushy Water   Slushy Water - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 11:55 pm

"Right, right." Clovis murmured, before giving a little cough. "I thought you were asking what kind of 'stuff' I like to eat for a moment there." An honest mistake, one which even he was willing to admit to. He began to explain how he had reached that conclusion, just in an attempt to save face. "The word 'stuff' has many different meanings, depending on context, you know how it is."

Clovis continued walking for a bit, before he would answer the question. He had to come up with an answer first, of course. "I suppose that I enjoy learning, as well. Grammar, dialect, rhetoric, arithmetic, geometry, astronomy, music. The seven arts, which are essential to any intelligent 'mon." Clovis had just listed off essentially, a set of prospective school subjects. He didn't know much about any of these subjects, and was really just saying them to impress the kecleon, but he could at least define them if pressed. "Unfortunately, there's not much I can tell you about Aileron. I'm not, heh, that kind of bird."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slushy Water   Slushy Water - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Slushy Water
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2