Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Encounter of Intellectuals

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Altale

Altale

Poké : 1820

Encounter of Intellectuals - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Encounter of Intellectuals   Encounter of Intellectuals - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2016 10:51 am

First topic message reminder :

Tired from his journey, Loren exhaled softly and allowed himself to inspect his surroundings with more detail. He was standing at the entrance of a town that looked, to him, like a bustling metropolis in comparison to his quiet village. The layout of Grassveil looked nothing like the type of setting he was accustomed to. In the distance, situated in what he could only assume was the town centre, were a multitude of colourful stalls. He could see Pokemon of all shapes and sizes flocked around the shops, bartering and exchanging deals. There was a buzz of conversation in the air, reverberating in Loren’s ears. He had to admit that Grassveil Town was a bit loud for his liking, yet simultaneously, the noise excited him. It was an indicator of the town’s liveliness, and surely, the more Pokemon of different backgrounds and statuses there were, the more knowledge he could glean from them. Really, this place was a gold mine of opportunities and information just waiting to be learnt.

I need to make a good first impression. It’s my first time in this town, after all, Loren decided. He glanced back at the orb on his tail, ensuring that it had its usual gleam. Finally, he shook himself slightly, the action serving the purpose of rearranging his wool in a slightly more orderly fashion. Satisfied with his neat presentation, Loren walked into Grassveil Town with his head held high.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Sceptile

Sceptile

Poké : 3810

PostSubject: Re: Encounter of Intellectuals   Encounter of Intellectuals - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 5:37 am

OOC:

Delta the Oshawott stormed out of her house, appearing to be quite flustered from the apparent arguement that she had just had with her mother. "Whatever, mom! I don't need you babying me!" She yelled into the open doorway, slamming it shut behind her. I can't take being in there for another minute... Maybe I should cool off at the library, The young otter decided, wandering away from her home and onto the streets of Grassveil. Yeah, that's what I need... A good book and some much-needed silence.

Her first instinct was to run as fast as she could so she got there quicker, but with her asthma, it became clear that with wasn't a good idea. Within a minute, Delta was completely out of breath, huffing and puffing. "Ack, I-I really need to slow down..." She murmured to herself, clearing her throat. Still, she remained eager to reach her destination, shooting dirty looks at anyone either walking too slow or not moving on the side of the road.

As she passed through the commercial zones of the town, the density of Pokemon became much greater. Delta found herself shoving past the crowd, not even bothering to apologize to them. Eventually, things began to thin out a bit, when...

THUD.

"Ah, crud!" The Oshawott yelled as she fell on her bottom, glowering up at... Absolutely nothing. What? But I felt something there... She thought, climbing to her feet. In front of her was an odd red stripe... Of course, the curious water type did what any normal Pokemon would do and reached a paw out to poke it.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Altale

Altale

PostSubject: Re: Encounter of Intellectuals   Encounter of Intellectuals - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 12:58 pm

OOC:

“Thank you,” Loren replied, as he handed over some money to the shopkeeper and acquired a shiny, red apple in return. Biting into the luscious, juicy fruit, he reveled in the burst of flavour rushing over his taste buds. Loren closed his eyes and chewed, eager to ease his hunger. The line had been long, but it had been worth it. Perhaps he was enjoying this apple a bit too much, but what could he do? He hadn’t eaten anything fresh in a while; the supplies that he had packed at the beginning of his journey had turned stale, but in his excitement to arrive at Grassveil as soon as he could, he had entirely disregarded the prospect of foraging for fresh berries.

Suddenly, his eyes snapped open. Right. I need to get back to Yooka; I wasted enough time waiting in the line…  I wonder if she’s feeling impatient at how long I’ve been taking? Downing the remainder of the apple in a few quick bites, Loren jumped into the air in an attempt to see over the throng of Pokemon. I wonder if Yooka is still camouflaged? Will I ever be able to find her at this rate… ? He thought, sighing in exasperation.

He was about to yell her name over the din of the crowd when he suddenly spotted an Oshawott. Unlike the busy-looking, hustling Pokemon all around him, she didn’t seem particularly preoccupied. She looked rather bewildered, in fact, but Loren disregarded that fact. He pushed his way over and began to approach her. “Hello,” he addressed the Oshawott with a confident, calm air. “Sorry to disrupt you, but have you, by any chance, seen a Ke-- oof!”

Loren had walked directly into some mysterious object that had apparently materialised in what he had clearly seen as thin air. He fell back, dazed and blinking. After a second or two, a thin red stripe came into view, and he couldn't help but let out a laugh. “Yooka? Is that you?”
Back to top Go down
Sceptile

Sceptile

PostSubject: Re: Encounter of Intellectuals   Encounter of Intellectuals - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 1:59 pm

OOC:

Delta jumped slightly when the red stripe began to speak! As she ran her paw down the unknown presence's being, which felt rough and scaley, she began to understand what had just happened. "A Kecleon..." The otter murmurred, momentarily fascinated by her realization... But this feeling quickly subsided, and was replaced by anger. "The library's a few blocks north... Uh, why did you have to go invisible in the street where Pokemon are walking?" She fumed at the reptile, growling. "Do you have any common sense at all?!"

Delta swung around when another Pokemon addressed her, still looking rather irritated. "Hey," She grumbled in response, watching Mareep make his way over to her... And then crash right into the Kecleon just as she had. Her expression lightened a little, and she couldn't help but snicker at the sheep Pokemon's stupidity. If he was actively searching for a Pokemon with the ability to camouflage, how could he have not seen that coming? "Heheh, yeah, I believe I've seen her," She dryly stated. "Well, felt her, at least. N-not in a weird way, you know what I mean."
Back to top Go down
Altale

Altale

PostSubject: Re: Encounter of Intellectuals   Encounter of Intellectuals - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 5:57 am

OOC:

Loren blinked innocently and smiled at the stranger. “Yeah. Thank you,” he said happily. “I suppose we should get acquainted, seeing as you seem to have met Yooka already. I’m Loren; what’s your name? You’re an Oshawott, right?” His speech got faster in speed as he grew increasingly intrigued in the otter Pokemon. “I’ve heard that the shell on your belly isn’t just for decoration. You can use it for battle, can’t you? That must be convenient!”

Hearing Yooka speak, he turned around to face her. “What did you say? Sorry, I didn’t hear,” he inquired, confused. “Something about a Zoroark? This is the second time you’ve brought it up without context.”

When Yooka brought up the prospect of visiting the library, though, Loren’s ears perked up. “Ah! Did you find the way to the library?” Perhaps she asked the Oshawott for directions, he thought as he walked after her, eager to reach the wealth of knowledge that would be contained within each page.
Back to top Go down
Sceptile

Sceptile

PostSubject: Re: Encounter of Intellectuals   Encounter of Intellectuals - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2016 4:39 am

Delta bit her lip, staring at the Kecleon with a puzzled look on her face. Weird is an understatement... What did she say about a Zoroark? What went out the window...? The confused otter thought, tilting her head slightly. Whatever. It doesn't really matter. I should get going, She decided. However, just as she began to walk away, she was bombarded by questions from the electric sheep Pokemon, forcing her to stop and turn around to address him.

"Uh... Woah, woah, slow down," She instructed the Mareep, just as baffled by his response as she was by the reptile's. It appeared as if the intended rudeness of her comment had flown right over his head! How naive... "It's Delta. And yeah, it's called a scalchop," She responded, unhinging the shell from her stomach and holding it out for the stranger, who identified himself as Loren, to see.

Rather than walk away, Delta couldn't help but listen in on the conversation between the two odd Pokemon. So they're both going to the library, too... Huh. This ought to be interesting, She supposed, clearing her throat before she spoke. "Uh... Yeah, I gave her directions. Might as well show you two exactly where it is since I'm heading there now, though."

Last edited by Sceptile on Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:42 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed broken italics)
Back to top Go down
Altale

Altale

PostSubject: Re: Encounter of Intellectuals   Encounter of Intellectuals - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 9:26 am

OOC:

Turning his head to look at the scalchop as the group of three walked along, Loren addressed Delta excitedly. "Wow! It looks sharp. The shell; it's important to your species, isn't it? What would happen if you lost it or it got damaged?" Loren found it difficult to comprehend the idea of a detachable object that was otherwise present on the body of every member of the species; he'd never seen an Oshawott without a scalchop before. Perhaps they were simply very organised with their belongings.

Shaking his head, Loren focused once more at the task at hand. His curiosity had gotten him sidetracked again. He glanced in the direction they were headed. A large building, presumably the library, was drawing closer. Enthusiasm bubbled within him at the sight, and he bounded towards it with a new spring in his step.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Encounter of Intellectuals   Encounter of Intellectuals - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Encounter of Intellectuals
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: Grassveil Town :: Grassveil Town-
Jump to: