Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

2018 Moderator Applications are now open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Share | 

Encounter of Intellectuals

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Altale

Poké : 1820

PostSubject: Encounter of Intellectuals   Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:51 am

Tired from his journey, Loren exhaled softly and allowed himself to inspect his surroundings with more detail. He was standing at the entrance of a town that looked, to him, like a bustling metropolis in comparison to his quiet village. The layout of Grassveil looked nothing like the type of setting he was accustomed to. In the distance, situated in what he could only assume was the town centre, were a multitude of colourful stalls. He could see Pokemon of all shapes and sizes flocked around the shops, bartering and exchanging deals. There was a buzz of conversation in the air, reverberating in Loren’s ears. He had to admit that Grassveil Town was a bit loud for his liking, yet simultaneously, the noise excited him. It was an indicator of the town’s liveliness, and surely, the more Pokemon of different backgrounds and statuses there were, the more knowledge he could glean from them. Really, this place was a gold mine of opportunities and information just waiting to be learnt.

I need to make a good first impression. It’s my first time in this town, after all, Loren decided. He glanced back at the orb on his tail, ensuring that it had its usual gleam. Finally, he shook himself slightly, the action serving the purpose of rearranging his wool in a slightly more orderly fashion. Satisfied with his neat presentation, Loren walked into Grassveil Town with his head held high.
Back to top Go down
Ravio

Poké : 2800
Location : That place situated... uh, relatively somewhere. I suppose.

PostSubject: Re: Encounter of Intellectuals   Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:18 pm

((
ooc:

It was just another day in Grassveil. Nothing to do in the day time but sit around finding someway to entertain oneself. Yooka was eyeing the prices on each stall from ontop a roof, away from the main crowd. She was training her eyesight while determining if each thing is really worth what each price states. Only to shake her head and sigh at nearly all of them. "Overpriced as usual."
getting down from ontop of the roof was harder then it looked. A couple of times she fell from the roof but after awhile she found a route down. However, It rained last night so things were a bit wet. she slipped on the slope as she was getting up. Knowing the ground wasnt that far. she decided to brace for impact instead of trying to stop herself. Thankfully, she landed on something pretty soft this time, however she didnt like the feeling that the soft object was giving off.

Ravio's the name! Giving someone a headache is my game!
What can I do for--- wait that doesn't sound right...
Back to top Go down
Altale

PostSubject: Re: Encounter of Intellectuals   Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:32 pm

OOC:

Grassveil Town looked even larger and more impressive from the inside, Loren concluded. His eyes lit up as he thought about all the new books he would be able to obtain in this town. He was exhausted and hungry, but he had no doubt that his first destination would be the library. Loren strode across the pavement confidently, glancing from side to side for his book-filled haven. He gave a subtle self-assured smile; his presentation was sleek and smart as always, and he had finally reached Grassveil, which had once been a place of his dreams. Loren was overjoyed.

I already know that this will be a great day. Nothing can go wr-
Without warning, an unidentified object landed on Loren’s back with a thud.
-ong today.

He froze mid-step, wary and astonished. Was this a typical occurrence in large towns like this? He was already aware that daily life here would be very different to that of his hometown, but… he’d done a lot of research on Grassveil, and had never heard of any incident of the sort. Suddenly, he thought of his wool. It had been flawless, yet now he’d have to spend time untangling this strange object from it. Slightly irritated, eyes stony, he turned around to face the thing that had fallen on him.

To his surprise, it was not an inanimate object. It was a Kecleon. Loren’s mood shifted immediately, and he hurried to apologise. “I’m sorry! I must have gotten in your way. I hope you haven’t been injured?”
Back to top Go down
Ravio

PostSubject: Re: Encounter of Intellectuals   Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:48 am

((
ooc:

Yooka's eyes were closed before impact expecting something to go bad. Once she landed on the soft object she was quite shocked, not physically but mentally. She was expecting the hard ground, So when she heard a voice coming from the soft object she immediately tried to get off. At first it was wierd but it was easier then she'd expected considering it was wool, just her tail was tangled.
"nono, I just slipped from the roof. I thought I had it down-" noting it was a mareep, it was just slightly smaller then she was. she continued, "-but Its not easy getting down when its wet and I should be the one asking 'are you ok?' I dont mind taking a hit from the ground. I would've recovered from it pretty easily." getting the tail untangled took only a couple seconds. "Actually, now that I look at you. I'm surprised you didn't give me a shock. I mean, I felt some sort of sensation but I thought mareep wool gave pokemon the paralysis status upon touching it let alone full-on contact. heheh" I'd like to test that much more, but I'd also not like to have that status.

((
ooc?:

Back to top Go down
Altale

PostSubject: Re: Encounter of Intellectuals   Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:31 am

OOC:

Loren, legs buckling and grimacing from the Kecleon’s weight, watched her untangle itself and realised how large she was at last. He was, frankly, slightly taken aback at the fact that he had not been knocked to the ground immediately on impact. He attributed it to the fact that the roof was not too high up. Wincing, Loren turned to face her as she began to talk.

“I’m okay, but try not to do that next time.” he murmured, shaking his body to relieve himself of the tension. “The charge in my wool must be less intense because I’ve been very tired from my journey here,” Loren continued, smiling and tilting his head. “Besides, my wool doesn’t always paralyse Pokemon that are in contact with it. You were lucky, but try to be careful next time. It’s fortunate that I didn’t accidentally give you an electric shock in my surprise.”

He looked at her intensely for a few seconds, trying to analyse her appearance. He was sure that he’d seen an entry about her type of Pokemon in the encyclopedia that he loved to read as a child. “Kecleon, the Colour Swap Pokemon,” he recited. As Loren began to recall the information, his mature, self-assured expression turned into one of childlike eagerness. “Ah, that’s right! You can change the colours on your body to camouflage, can’t you? Would you show me? I wish I could do that too!” His eyes shone in admiration as he addressed the Kecleon enthusiastically. “What were you doing on the roof? Is there something interesting there? Can I see wh-- oh.” Loren halted. “Sorry. Where did my manners go? I’m Loren, and I’m new to this town. What’s your name?”
Back to top Go down
Ravio

PostSubject: Re: Encounter of Intellectuals   Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:37 am

Hearing about how it came from someplace else gave Yooka a spark. Ah, so it's not accustomed to this place. That would explain the mareep's reaction... she blinked and looked at herself and my fortunate condition. looking back up she noticed it was staring at her for a bit. She was about to question if it had a question but it suddenly spoke out her species name and known for, which gave her an idea. Ah, so it knows what I am. when it asked if she could change color, Yooka looked at the mareep closely, but before she could do anything besides stare. It asked a few more questions before cutting itself off and making a sudden introduction.

Yooka only closed her eyes and shook her head in a facepalm-ish pose. on the outside she looks annoyed but on the inside she's laughing to herself He's just like me. well, before I left my father permanently. "sheesh, you didn't have to go all out. heh, well then... you know what I am." smiling and nodding she continued. "My name is Yooka and I guess I can show you... How's this? My favorite color is purple." as she said the word purple, her body color changed to said color. She kept it that color because she didnt actually care what color she was on the outside. "as for the roof..." pointing up and slightly looking up, she explained "I was just doing some sort of training. However, I didn't think the rain from yesterday would do much. It's not the first time I fell off."

She perked up and smiled again, pulling off her guild pack, the guild badge located on the top of the right arm strap. The badge's left side being slightly chipped. "Oh! By any chance, do you know where the Aileron Village is floating? I took a month just to look for it." She pulled out a map from her backpack and showed it to the mareep, smiling. "But I got lost in two different forest dungeons on the way to a couple places I thought it would be. heheheh. I heard it's pretty far up, but I assume its lower than a mountain peak--" She paused. She then shook her head again looking a bit flustered. How would the mareep know... Its a village only flying pokemon can reach. ngh, why'd I even ask that... "ah... now you got me all worked up. hah"

Back to top Go down
Altale

PostSubject: Re: Encounter of Intellectuals   Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:39 am

Loren failed to take notice of Yooka’s disapproving head shake. He was awed to see her turn purple, and continued to listen to her intently. “Training on the roof… that sounds interesting,” he mumbled, almost to himself. “I can see how that would bring benefits. One’s stability and steadiness would improve, as the wind would have a larger effect in a higher, unblocked area. It’s also a nice place to train in a town, given the fact that you would be able to practice your moves in peace without accidentally harming a bystander… that is, unless you fall on them…”

When Yooka took out her map, he huddled around it, ears twitching inquisitively. He had, indeed, heard about Aileron Village, consisting of a small populace located on a cluster of floating islands. Loren had always been under the impression that it had been an urban myth, yet here, right before his eyes, was a Pokemon actively searching for it! Despite his dubious thoughts regarding the existence of this village, Loren was beginning to grow excited. If it really existed, it would undoubtedly be one of the most beautiful sights in the world to see.

“The name does sound familiar, although I’m afraid I’ve never read about it in any of my books,” Loren admitted, blinking curiously. “How do you know that place is real - and even if you do manage to locate it, how do you intend to reach it? You can’t fly, can you?”
Back to top Go down
Ravio

PostSubject: Re: Encounter of Intellectuals   Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:53 am

Yooka looked down at the mareep when it questioned how she knew of it and why she'd even attempt to get there. She smirked as she put the map away. "Oh it's real. The Grassveil......--" She cut herself off. How could I know that. I mean I found out by sneaking into the guild's archives. gah, If i'm to say that, and he went to go look himself and get caught. then blame me, I may get in more trouble than I already am. Ah... I'd better state this differently. Well, I don't like lieing but. hmm... "The Grassveil guild has a link to a guild within Aileron Village. as for how I plan to get there..." She paused again. this time she frowned Is he really referencing the wings? Turning around for a second to show off the miniature wings. "These don't actually work like wings. They are... more like... well, It's more tendon then bone, it's stiff but flexible." shaking her head, she continued.

Anywho, the way I plan to get there is... there's this scarf that has the ability similar to a warp orb. However... Just like a warp orb it is very random and only warps those inside or around a location. The name of the item isnt unique its just named, warp scarf. I thought about trying to find this item, but I think it would be better to just make it..." she paused again... but this time she grabbed her frills and turned red. "But the recipe for a warp scarf is unknown and it's frustrating me." returning to the purple hue. she looked back at the mareep. "I'd rather settle on finding the village for a future reference, once I can find a way to get the scarf. I'd like to be one of the first to get to Aileron without a flying pokemon's help. heheheh. Just gotta get lucky is all." putting the backpack back on carefully slipping it inbetween the miniature shoulder wings. "It's definitely out there. I just don't know where yet. To me, asking a flying pokemon is cheating, heheheh."

((
ooc:

Back to top Go down
Altale

PostSubject: Re: Encounter of Intellectuals   Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:57 am

Loren let out a laugh, shaking his head. “No, I know. Of course you can’t fly with those ridges, although that would definitely be convenient!”

He listened to the rest of Yooka’s talk, head slightly tilted. The more the Kecleon talked about Aileron Village, the more intrigued he felt. He wasn’t aware that the small village even had a guild - one, he assumed, surely contained an abundance of flying Pokemon. One day, I’ll visit that place. I’ll write a report and publish it so that more aspiring adventurers can locate it and find out more about it, he resolved. I’ll see it with my own eyes, just like my parents had seen so many sceneries with their own eyes. Although, perhaps, I’ll stick to a more logical plan and ask a flying Pokemon to help me out…

“Getting to the village without the help of a flying Pokemon… that’s a very admirable goal. I’m sure you’ll be persistent enough to make it one day!” He said, eagerly. Yooka seemed motivated and determined - or perhaps she was the type who never deviated from independence and refused to accept help? Regardless of the case, Loren thought that it was certainly an ambitious goal to have.

"Oh... but, is there a particular reason you're so insistent on visiting that place?" he asked curiously. "Or you just want to explore? I'd understand if that were the case - experiencing new things is great."
Back to top Go down
Ravio

PostSubject: Re: Encounter of Intellectuals   Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:43 am

Yooka snapped a finger and closed an eye when the mareep admired the idea "I know right." he asked why she's so intent on visiting the place giving a couple thoughts. She shifted footing as she pointed to the guild badge. "Similar to how I'm a member of this town's guild, perhaps I could get acquainted with that towns guild aswell. heheh, or at least make friends with a couple of pokemon and or members from there. It's just a small village in the air. It's not like I'm going to a settlement on the moon...- she paused and looked up. Now that I think about it... has anyone actually been on the moon? she started to laugh herself. "Nah, I'm not even going to 'attempt' to try that, alone." looking back down again, she realized she's been explaining more about herself, then normal. Why am I so much at ease around this guy... I don't even know him. I got to change the subject, but not completely. "Well, I have other plans than just getting to that sky guild..." Like find whoever that zoroark was from my father's place that... Yooka's face suddenly went serious ngh, no, I shouldnt involve him in that. that's way to much for him to handle, I barely got out of that alive. she blinked before continuing with a friendly tone "uh... actually, what is it you were going to do here in Grassveil? Perhaps I could be of assistance."

((
ooc:

Back to top Go down
Altale

PostSubject: Re: Encounter of Intellectuals   Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:04 am

OOC:

Loren was about to reply to Yooka when his stomach suddenly let out a low growl. How embarrassing.He scuffed the ground with his hooves sheepishly, avoiding eye contact. “Well… you seem knowledgeable about this town. I came If you wouldn’t mind, could you show me around? Would there, perhaps, be an apple stall somewhere? I’m a bit hungry. Oh, and I also came to Grassveil with the intention of learning more, so I was hoping to locate a library, you see...”

Turning around, he jerked his head slightly in the direction of the town centre. "I assume that's the general area we'll need to go. I'd appreciate it if you came along." Loren's eyes lit up suddenly. Being the socially clueless Mareep he was, he had entirely missed Yooka's sudden change in expression and discomfort around the issue she had been talking about. "Oh, and what other plans were you talking about?" he pressed on. "You planned to go to the sky guild... and what else?"
Back to top Go down
Ravio

PostSubject: Re: Encounter of Intellectuals   Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:59 pm

((
ooc:

so, he's a fellow Philomath, aye? but, library...? why didn't that ever occur to me? Well, I guess I havent gone there myself. Perhaps I too shall look around that place... She thought as the mareep mentioned about a library. however when he asked what else she had planned she closed her eyes to think. only to open when about to speak. This guy definitely reminds me of myself. so I matter aswell, go along with him... "I... guess... I could show you around...? I only been to the market and the guild ever since I arrived myself. I only went into the residential district or either downtown or uptown to catch a few wannabes. If you know what I mean. I never actually explored the entirety of Grassveil myself."

Yooka sighed and started to walk towards the stalls. "However I cant exactly get you involved with my second plan. It's way too much to handle for someone that can't protect themself. and anyway, your not an authoritive figure, like an officer. but wait..." She stopped He knew what I was and he acts pretty young. It wouldnt hurt to ask about a few other pokemon- turning around quickly and suddenly. You could even say she had a spark in her eye. Perhaps a little test to see if he has what It takes... getting pretty close to the mareep she asked in a pretty excited and understanding voice. "Do you know what a Zoroark can do and how to realize it is a Zoroark? how about, how strong a Sableye would have to be due to the gem's weight difference from a Mega-Sableye, and would you know anything about Marowaks specifically why a Power-up punch somehow doesn't even faze it... If you happen to know that, then perhaps..." She sighed and stood up. "no... They would still be too much for you at the moment. ngh." Getting flustered for even mentioning that, she turned back around and continued walking.

Back to top Go down
Altale

PostSubject: Re: Encounter of Intellectuals   Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:56 pm

OOC:

“Oh! Thank you!” Loren exclaimed, relieved that Yooka was willing to show him around.

He followed Yooka as she began to walk. “I can protect myself,” he muttered defensively, when the Kecleon suddenly turned around to face him. Slightly startled, he stepped back, as Yooka began to bombard him with questions. He blinked in confusion from the sudden change of tone, and watched as she turned back around to keep walking. Loren stood in place, flabbergasted, for a few seconds, then quickly ran to catch up.

“Oh, well…” he faltered, and scrunched up his face in deep thought. “A Zoroark is capable of using an ability that is generally referred to as “Illusion”. This allows the Zoroark to disguise itself as other Pokemon by deceiving the eyes of the viewer. Once you come into physical contact with the Zoroark or attack it with any move, though, the illusion will fade, according to my books. And… I don’t think Sableye have to have any strength prerequisites other than being strong enough to be able to Mega Evolve in the first place. Once a Sableye Mega Evolves, the strength that it gains from the evolution itself will allow it to carry the gem. Ah… and about the Marowak… I’m afraid I’m not sure. I’ve never read anything about Marowaks being resistant to Power-Up Punches. Why do you ask? Is there a Marowak that you know that is?”
Back to top Go down
Ravio

PostSubject: Re: Encounter of Intellectuals   Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:58 am

((
ooc:

Yooka froze as the mareep started to talk about the Zoroark illusion ability it possesses. She didn't turn around, instead she kept listening. I knew it! I just need to explain that I was being deceived by an illusion from a Zoroark. problem is, I never seen the actual pokemon itself there. The mareep continued on, it slowed at the sableye question. To Yooka, it was more of a personal experience then an actual question. so hearing this made yooka question it. If that's true, then perhaps the gem and the sableye have some kind of mental or physical link? I guess I'll need to look more into that. Yooka turned around a bit when the mareep even went as far as questioning the marowak resistance to the punch.

Yooka found herself walking sideways as the mareep finished. She didn't even notice she was mumbling her thoughts pretty noticably. "So you dont know about the oddly patterned marowak. I guess that would make sense. I too thought it was weird... specifically because I was trying to increase my power to get passed that dang sableye's gem... I found a way to do it though... although one pokemon wouldnt approve it as 'smart'.--" Her color went back to normal green as she caught herself speaking out loud. "Ah cripe, I was talking out loud! uh, you did 'not' hear what I said, alright...?"

She turned to face the mareep completely. Still walking and still talking "uh... Well then, you got all of the questions right... I suppose. uh... ... oh! You want to see a complete camo rather than just a color shading? I guess...? but--" She shrugged at the idea. As she shrugged, she cloaked. She had it down as long as she didn't move. If someone were to see her move while invisible they would see her outline. If a person didnt notice the floating zigzag pattern announcing the location of her belly pattern, they wouldn't have even known she was there. Also, the custom backpack also went invisible. "--How are you at pursuing a near invisible pokemon? I'll show you the way to the Library, but I'm going to be like this on the way! I'll wait for you, if you wanted to grab something first." She just watched the mareep, not caring about her surroundings and also not caring that she's staying invisible. It's not like someone's going to run into her without noticing the floating pattern, right now or in the near future.

((
ooc:

Last edited by Yooka on Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : reworded a translation error >->)
Back to top Go down
Altale

PostSubject: Re: Encounter of Intellectuals   Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:08 am

OOC:

Having heard Yooka, Loren suddenly remembered something. “Oddly-patterned Marowak? Oh, that reminds me. My mother once told me a story about a Marowak that used fire! It’s a funny story, isn’t it? She insisted that she really did see it, but according to the books in my hometown, all Marowak are brown, cream, and white. I suppose she must have been mistaken,” he continued, smiling. “But, now, you too?”

Loren’s ears perked in an attempt to hear Yooka over the increasingly loud sound of the Pokemon in the town centre around them, but could only catch a few words at a time. He wasn’t sure what Yooka was talking about, but she sounded troubled and thoughtful.

When Yooka turned around to face him, he attempted to joke to lighten the mood. “You sure Marowak don’t secretly have the ability to change colours, like you? I’ve really never seen an oddly-patterned one before.” He quipped, letting out a small laugh. “Well, to be fair, I’ve never seen any Marowak in real life. Maybe they’ve all been turning invisible around me.”

Loren peered closely at her. “Actually, on that topic… you’ve never shown me that. Complete camouflage, I mean. Show me, show me!”

When Yooka complied, he laughed in awe. “Wow! I really can’t see you at all.” The uncamouflaged stripe floating in the air looked quite amusing, and he resisted the urge to prod it with his nose.

“Ah, there’s the apple stall. I’ll be back in a bit, Yooka. Hopefully I’ll still be able to locate you by the time I get back!” Loren grinned, eager to get rid of the empty feeling in his stomach, and wasted no time in making his way to the stall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Encounter of Intellectuals   

Back to top Go down

Encounter of Intellectuals
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next