Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Regarding "cosmetic" items

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
vonSteakhand

vonSteakhand

Poké : 1441

Regarding "cosmetic" items Empty
PostSubject: Regarding "cosmetic" items   Regarding "cosmetic" items EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 2:08 am

So, let's say that I want my character to use an item that doesn't affect rp mechanics (energy, etc.), and cannot be found in dungeons. An example would be a character taking some food on a long trip, or adorning themselves with some sort of accessory. How would I go about having my characters obtain these sorts of items, while still staying within site rules?
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Evana

Evana

Poké : 7570

PostSubject: Re: Regarding "cosmetic" items   Regarding "cosmetic" items EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 6:41 pm

I think... As long as it is not an item that can be found on site, you can use it any time you want. I suppose you could say they found them or bought them in town. If you are uncertain on if the item exists, be sure to ask staff or one of the older members.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Poké : 9495

PostSubject: Re: Regarding "cosmetic" items   Regarding "cosmetic" items EmptyMon Oct 24, 2016 4:10 am

The short answer: it depends.

The long answer: if an item doesn't have an effect and cannot be rolled anywhere on the site, you can still have one.  However, the complexity and specific item you want may require you to do some work for it.  For instance, while a character is generally allowed to start off with one or two useless little trinkets, if you want them to get more, you have to explain it. If you want a relatively unimpressive item such as a gold coin, a ribbon with no use or some generic survival supplies such as food and medical supplies (that aren't already available on the site), you can have your character find them in a thread or even just already be carrying them at the start of the thread.  For particularly complex items, people generally either buy them or collect things that they could use to explain making the item in question.  I suppose an outlaw could just steal whatever they want.  In some cases, extremely complex (or ridiculous) items just won't be allowed.

There are no concrete rules regarding this topic, so if you want something, ask the admins about it.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regarding "cosmetic" items   Regarding "cosmetic" items Empty

Back to top Go down

Regarding "cosmetic" items
Page 1 of 1