Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

2018 Moderator Applications are now open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Share | 

Soothing a shapeshifter

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eventine

Poké : 0

PostSubject: Soothing a shapeshifter   Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

Mission Details:

Slightly north of Grassveil Town, within a large building settled atop a hill, a certain Skitty and her new partner were just finishing up their morning routine.  The Grassveil Guild echoed with the sounds of other Pokemon preparing for the day as the Skitty named Darcy led a Drilbur into the foyer.  She eagerly trotted up the steps and approached the guild's front entrance, moving as if her body was weightless.  She felt good this morning.  Breakfast had left her energized, and she had found a job that seemed perfect for herself and her partner.  She held her fluffy tail high as she shouldered open the front doors and stepped outside.

She was greeted by a rush of pleasantly chilly morning air that ruffled the blue ribbon around her neck.  The town sprawled out in front of her, just beginning to show signs of activity as its residents woke up from another peaceful night.  The sun was rising over Shadowhue Forest far to the left and it cast a warm glow over the buildings and the grassy fields surrounding them.

The sight made Darcy's heart flutter.  She took a deep breath, letting cool air fill her lungs, then exhaled as she shivered with excitement.  Normally she didn't enjoy waking up early, but today was special.  She turned to the Drilbur beside her...  Her new teammate.  This would be their first day working together.  She still couldn't believe how lucky she was to have stumbled across him yesterday, right when she had needed it...  The fact that he was still here, and that it hadn't all just been a wishful dream, made her want to sing.

"Ready to go, Dave?" she asked him with a smile, excitement evident in her voice.  "Ditto is waiting for us!  And I was thinking I could show you around town along the way.  You didn't see much of it yesterday, after all."

Last edited by Eventine on Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Adlet

Poké : 1080

PostSubject: Re: Soothing a shapeshifter   Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:12 pm

Dave felt guilty now. Darcy had lifted all the books by herself. And she had no arms, hand, or fingers-she had paws just like him, but his "fingers" were claws-he didn't want to provoke the wrath of Shari. He wiped his eyes very quickly. A few drops glistened as they remained on his paw. The Drilbur was cheered up by the concept of brunch, and the idea of Apples in his mind made him hyper.

"Cool! Apples are practically my remedy for everything bad in life, so some food will do," Dave laughed as he leaped down the stairs. He took a quick view of all the stalls around him. There was a dishware stall, a furniture stall, and even a black magic stall. A frown was beginning to return to his face, but then his desperate eyes landed on jackpot-the fruit stall! He turned around at Darcy and yelled in joy, "Apples ahead! Let's go!"

Eventine

PostSubject: Re: Soothing a shapeshifter   Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:59 am

Darcy smiled as Dave cheered up and wiped away his tears, and couldn't help but laugh a little as she trotted outside right after him, joining him in his search for a stall selling apples... The streets were rather busy, and lined with many different stalls, as usual. One in particular seemed to be some sort of magic store, being draped in dark-purple cloth and emanating the scent of incense. It looked like there was a Pokemon... Telling fortunes there, maybe? A Furfrou and a Phantump were standing at the front and blocking most of Darcy's view, but she could see a table littered with strange cards. She was tempted to approach and have her own fortune read... But no, she shook her head and looked away. She needed to be more frugal with her money from here on out.

It was just then that Dave spotted their destination! "Right! Onward!" She shouted with a smile as she dashed forward. As she ran she had to admit that her bag was pretty heavy now... If they were to have another race, there was no doubt that she'd lose. She found herself panting by the time she arrived at the stall.

It looked like there was a Lilligant in charge of things today. "Um, excuse me. We'd like two of your apples, please," Darcy said, earning a nod from the Grass-type. While he fetched them, Darcy checked the board listing the stall's prices... She could afford a pair of apples, she was relieved to see. She fished some coins from her bag and set them on the counter.

She turned to Dave while she waited. "So... Have you been thinking about what we'll say to Ditto once we visit?" she asked idly while she swished her tail back and forth. "I'm excited to meet them, but I've never really been bullied by anyone before. To be honest, I'm a little worried that I won't be able to help much..."

Poké : 1080

PostSubject: Re: Soothing a shapeshifter   Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:36 pm

Dave had run way too fast. His legs were too small to actually take the ability to run from A to B. So Apples were like a magnet to him, but soon as he reached B (the stall) his energy had dissipated. All gone. He felt as though his soul was gone forever. The Lilligant in charge of the stall had given Darcy and Dave an apple each. He calmed himself and took a small portion of the apple, draining the juice out of it. He wanted to gulp it down in an instant, but he had to practice conservation. He continued walking, in hopes that he would find the park soon. He was still tired.

Dave replied to Darcy's question, "Well, maybe we shouldn't rush to him...he seems shyer than me, and that's saying something...also, he seems like he would be awfully suspicious of us judging from his attitude, even with our badges," Dave scratched his head.

"So the best move is probably to try and treat him like a normal friend, not a client."

Eventine

PostSubject: Re: Soothing a shapeshifter   Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:41 am

Darcy thanked the Lilligant, then grabbed her apple by the stem using her mouth and turned to lead the way.  Dave...  Well, Dave was doing as well as she had expected.  With how fast he had been on the way to the stall, it was no wonder that he seemed winded.  The only surprising thing was that he wasn't devouring his apple all at once!

She turned a corner and approached a grassy little park tucked away amidst the markets of Grassveil Town.  It was small, but cozy, fenced in by bushes and the walls of surrounding buildings...  Darcy skirted around a bed of flowers and hopped up onto a wooden bench while she listened to Dave speak.

"Ohhh, I cnn do that!" she mumbled through her full mouth, almost losing hold of her apple.  She smiled as she sat on her haunches and set it in front of her on the bench.  She didn't have much experience with bullying, or with feeling uncomfortable about her appearance...  But maybe being approachable and understanding would be enough.  Perhaps they would have a new friend by the end of today.

She began munching on her apple absentmindedly while she stared at the sky and enjoyed the pleasant weather.  "And what about the bullies?" she said between bites.  "I don't want them to just be mean to Ditto again once he changes back.  I'd like to talk to them too if we get a chance."

...But then again, Dave was rather shy, and they might not be the nicest Pokemon... She didn't want a repeat of their run-in with the bookstore owner.  "Um...  Is that okay with you?" Darcy asked, turning to the Drilbur with a hint of concern written on her face.

PostSubject: Re: Soothing a shapeshifter   

Back to top Go down

Soothing a shapeshifter
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2