Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Soothing a shapeshifter

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eventine

Eventine

Poké : 0

Soothing a shapeshifter Empty
PostSubject: Soothing a shapeshifter   Soothing a shapeshifter EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 3:02 am

Mission Details:

Slightly north of Grassveil Town, within a large building settled atop a hill, a certain Skitty and her new partner were just finishing up their morning routine.  The Grassveil Guild echoed with the sounds of other Pokemon preparing for the day as the Skitty named Darcy led a Drilbur into the foyer.  She eagerly trotted up the steps and approached the guild's front entrance, moving as if her body was weightless.  She felt good this morning.  Breakfast had left her energized, and she had found a job that seemed perfect for herself and her partner.  She held her fluffy tail high as she shouldered open the front doors and stepped outside.

She was greeted by a rush of pleasantly chilly morning air that ruffled the blue ribbon around her neck.  The town sprawled out in front of her, just beginning to show signs of activity as its residents woke up from another peaceful night.  The sun was rising over Shadowhue Forest far to the left and it cast a warm glow over the buildings and the grassy fields surrounding them.

The sight made Darcy's heart flutter.  She took a deep breath, letting cool air fill her lungs, then exhaled as she shivered with excitement.  Normally she didn't enjoy waking up early, but today was special.  She turned to the Drilbur beside her...  Her new teammate.  This would be their first day working together.  She still couldn't believe how lucky she was to have stumbled across him yesterday, right when she had needed it...  The fact that he was still here, and that it hadn't all just been a wishful dream, made her want to sing.

"Ready to go, Dave?" she asked him with a smile, excitement evident in her voice.  "Ditto is waiting for us!  And I was thinking I could show you around town along the way.  You didn't see much of it yesterday, after all."

Last edited by Eventine on Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Adlet

Adlet

Poké : 1080

PostSubject: Re: Soothing a shapeshifter   Soothing a shapeshifter EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 8:18 pm

Dave panted as he finally reached the entrance of the Guild. How Darcy moved so quickly would be forever a mystery. Maybe, just maybe, it had to do with the fact that the current basket of Apples were empty. He felt that was intentional. Then again, that entire ordeal probably tied in with karma. Hopefully, he would feel better. He had to. Otherwise, finding that Ditto would be nearly impossible. Thankfully, shiny Pokemon are rare and very easy to find among a crowd. Unfortunately, he had no experience in that field, so he was still filled with some doubt.

He squinted and saw almost all off Grassveil Town. The place actually looked really beautiful afar. Not only that it was a very brilliant and sunny day. Perhaps, the town wasn't always like this, but today was very clearly serene.

Today would be his very first guild mission with Darcy. He didn't know what to expect. Hopefully everything would be alright. He remembered what Darcy had said, and from what she said, it didn't end up well. He hope he wouldn't slow down Darcy. After all, the first impression is the best impression. But he could think about that later. Right now, he had to focus on the task at hand.

"I think I'm ready!" Dave cheered. Darcy mentioned revisiting the town. Another tour would be fine by him. He hadn't seen much of the town anyway. Dave checked his bag to make sure he had everything. "Visiting it again is fine by me. Maybe we could check out some places."
Back to top Go down
Eventine

Eventine

PostSubject: Re: Soothing a shapeshifter   Soothing a shapeshifter EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 12:24 am

"Then we're off~"  she sang, humming to herself as she began bounding along the path that lead into town.  It was nice to hear that he was okay with a tour.  She couldn't help but worry about him, suddenly stuck in Grassveil Town, apart from all of his family and friends...  She wanted to do everything she could to help him settle in and feel at home.  She owed it to him.

A fair distance from the guild's front doors, she came to a shallow stone staircase built into a sloped part of the ground.  It seemed that wide sections of the grassy hillside had been flattened out like little plateaus, and then bridged together with staircases, giving the land in front of the guild a tiered appearance.  It struck her as a nice place to relax or play, since there was so much free space as well as a beautiful view of the town.  There were even a few scattered trees that would make perfect shade.

But that could wait!  The Skitty began trotting down the steps, happily waving her tail back and forth while she thought about where Dave's tour should begin.  "There's a bookstore we should stop by first, since it's close to here," she said after a moment.  "My dad is friends with the Pokemon who owns it.  He asked her to let me borrow some books about dungeons and fighting for beginners but I haven't had a chance to pick them up until now."

A thought occurred to her.  She wasn't sure if Dave would be on board with it or not, but it made sifting through old books seem much more appealing.  "Say, um...  Do you think we could study together sometime?" she asked over her shoulder with a hopeful look on her face.  "Or would material for beginners bore you to death?  You said that you came here to join the guild, so maybe you know more than I do.  I don't want to slow you down, but it would be nice..."
Back to top Go down
Adlet

Adlet

PostSubject: Re: Soothing a shapeshifter   Soothing a shapeshifter EmptyMon Aug 15, 2016 7:29 pm

Dave looked straight ahead at the path. Will I have to walk here again and again?, Dave thought. He did have the capability to make a hole underground. But he reconsidered it almost immediately. He wanted to talk to Darcy and learn more about her. Digging would be boring alone, and he wasn't sure if digging on guild property was even allowed. Dave took a deep inhale and began walking the path. It was somewhat downhill, so it wouldn't make him very tired.

He saw an upcoming staircase. He looked back at the guild and admired it. He liked how intricate and yet so simple it was. Even though he was no architect, it didn't take a professional to see how elegant the guild was. Dave looked forward and held onto the railing as he descended the stairs. Darcy mentioned visiting a bookstore and picking up the books her father requested for her.

"Yeah, why not? It's practically necessary for me. I don't exactly have the best fighting experience, unless being pounded to a pulp counts," Dave laughed nervously. "But in all seriousness, I think it'll be a good thing to do for both of us. We won't be blindly charging into a dungeon with some background information."

"But to be honest, I'm no expert. I probably know less than you do. I just heard of the guild from others, so I decided that it would be the best decision for me. This is kind of unexpected but, uh, do you think it would be alright if I asked your dad's friend if I can read some books about the environment? Even if I'm far from family, that was the primary reason they sent me out."
Back to top Go down
Eventine

Eventine

PostSubject: Re: Soothing a shapeshifter   Soothing a shapeshifter EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 6:56 pm

Darcy returned Dave's laugh, though hers sounded more relieved than nervous.  It seemed that his skills weren't much sharper than her own.  Honestly, that was rather comforting to hear...  Ever since he'd joined her team, she'd worried that she would lag behind and just make things harder for him.  Hurting this stranger who had picked her up when she was down...  That was the very last thing she wanted...

...And besides all of that, studying together sounded like fun.  The thought put an extra spring in her step as Dave finished speaking.

"Sure!  We can ask her," Darcy said as she trotted across another long, grassy stretch of land.  "And, you know...  It's not much, but my mom taught me a little about the plants that grow around here.  I'd be happy to share what I know sometime."

She was impressed that Dave was still concerned with studying the environment, even after effectively being stranded here.  It must have been something he was passionate about.  She hoped she could talk her dad's friend into parting with a few extra books...

As she approached the next set of stairs, the bookstore in question came into clear view--a tidy, blue-roofed cottage with a telltale sign bearing a picture of a book hanging above the front doors.  It was right on the edge of town, making it one of the closest shops to the guild.

The sight made Darcy pick up her pace, but she was still focused on Dave.  There was one other thing about him that weighed on her mind.  "But speaking of your family, um...  What do you remember about where they live?" she asked, regarding the Drilbur with a hint of concern.  "I'm...  Really glad that you joined me at the guild, but you'll want to go back home soon, right..?  And if we're going to find them again, we need to know everything we can..."
Back to top Go down
Adlet

Adlet

PostSubject: Re: Soothing a shapeshifter   Soothing a shapeshifter EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 5:42 pm

Dave could see the town much more clearly. The atmosphere of the day had not changed, but it had looked somewhat more elegant from afar. Up close, the overload of Pokemon were shoving each other. This would be a little awkward. He literally lived in a hole. He hadn't had much experience with other Pokemon than his family, except the Pokemon residing in his forest, and even then, not much happened in his area. It was less busy when he first arrived too. It must be the time. Pokemon did have to do their jobs.

"That's great!" Dave grinned. "I wonder what Grassveil plants would be like." And he was amazed too. She was fully able to use the herbs she had to collect for her mother, to well-their full use. Their attributes actually helped out society. He had studied and loved plants, of course, but he had never really used them to their full potential.

Then he saw the bookstore. It fulfilled its appearance. He would have guessed, even without the sign, that it was a bookstore. It looked so organized. He couldn't wait! There was bound to be information on the local plants.

Darcy asked him a question regarding his family. "Well, I mean-yeah, I do want to see them, but it's certainly going to take a while for them to regain my trust. Actually finding them though-well that's another story. I mean, we kinda live on undocumented territory so...But that's alright for now. Hey, speaking of plants, maybe we could study some herbs besides the one in Grassveil. There's a possibility it might help your mother."
Back to top Go down
Eventine

Eventine

PostSubject: Re: Soothing a shapeshifter   Soothing a shapeshifter EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 8:30 am

It looked like there weren't many leads to go on, but it didn't seem to bother Dave too much.  Well...  If he was sure.  She wouldn't have felt the same in his position, but truthfully, she was a little relieved that he wasn't in a hurry to return home.  It meant that she was guaranteed to have a teammate for a while.  She didn't want to be here alone again.

With all of her concerns abated, she relaxed and gave Dave a smile.  "You think so?" she said while cocking her head, a little surprised by his suggestion.  Her mom was a professional when it came to plants, so finding any herbs she didn't know about seemed farfetched.  

...But...  The thought of helping her mother heal faster really did appeal to her.  Ever since the accident, she had wished that there was something she could do.  She looked at the ground thoughtfully while mulling it over.  "...You know, I guess it is possible.  She doesn't go far from Grassveil very often.  It would be great if I could help her get better..."

She stared at the bookstore intensely for a moment...  Then made up her mind.  If there was even a chance that she could find some way to help her mother, she would go for it.  She shot Dave another smile.  "Yeah!  That's a good idea.  We should definitely try."

The Skitty pranced a few steps forward and then looked at Dave over her shoulder.  "Want to race the rest of the way?  If you win, I'll buy us some apples on the way home,"  she said, beaming as she started to bound straight down the grassy hillside, forgoing all of the stairs.  She continued looking over her shoulder, hoping Dave would play along.  She was in high spirits, and this seemed like a good chance for her and her new friend to have some fun together!
Back to top Go down
Adlet

Adlet

PostSubject: Re: Soothing a shapeshifter   Soothing a shapeshifter EmptyMon Sep 05, 2016 10:10 pm

Dave was excited when Darcy decided to study plants with him. He had never really given any recommendations to people, let alone anyone actually caring about what he said. He felt a sense of pride. His pride dissipated as soon as Darcy mentioned "races". Dave wasn't the most impressive at running. He was what one could call "lazy". But Apples-he would break bones for Apples.

"Alright, let's do this!" Dave was hyped and boundless. He began running. But Darcy was quickly hopping down all the stairs.  This was going to be harder than what he thought it would be like. Darcy was so for ahead of him. But this wasn't the time for complaining. It was the time for Apples!

He burrowed through the ground, giving him a few extra feet. Darcy was still ahead of him. He had reached the Town, and he couldn't give up now. The entrance was so close. He was almost there. He tripped on a rock. Welp, I'm done for, Dave thought. His head smashed against the ground. Dave recollected himself. The store's entrance was almost in front of him.

Last edited by Adlet on Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eventine

Eventine

PostSubject: Re: Soothing a shapeshifter   Soothing a shapeshifter EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 2:59 am

Darcy was pleased to see Dave's expression change when she mentioned apples.  That sure got his attention!  Still smiling, she looked ahead again and focused solely on running, enjoying the fresh air, and the cool dewdrops that still lingered on the grass, and the wind blowing through her fur...  She was determined to make sure Dave had a good first day in town, and at this rate, it seemed like it would be a breeze.

The bookstore drew closer.  Every time she had come here with her father, she had been struck by how pretty it was, and today was no different.  It had a neat little lawn fenced in by carefully trimmed hedges, and a set of flower beds out front that almost rivaled the handiwork of Faye herself...  But for now, all of Darcy's attention was on the little path leading through the hedges and towards the front door.  She could hear Dave right behind her, so she put on one last burst of speed..!  

...But then she heard a loud crash come from where the Drilbur had been.  Her smile vanished as she dug her paws into the ground and skidded through the grass to a halt, nearly falling over in her hurry to turn around.  "H-hey, hey, are you alright?" she stammered as she caught sight of Dave sprawled out on the ground and rushed over to him.  She looked down at the Drilbur with concern as she offered a paw to help him get back to his feet.  "Ohh, wow, I...  I didn't know this would happen.  I'm sorry..." she panted.  Maybe asking for a race had been a bad idea?  What if she had indirectly broken her teammate's nose, or something?  What kind of a first impression would that be?  She still had a nagging fear that Dave would walk out on her and join a different team if she didn't live up to his expectations...
Back to top Go down
Adlet

Adlet

PostSubject: Re: Soothing a shapeshifter   Soothing a shapeshifter EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 8:36 pm

"Wow, I'm dumb" Dave slapped his head. "It's all okay. I guess my love of Apples drove me crazy. If this is gonna happen in the dungeons...either way, sorry for worrying you" Dave sighed. He'd be in a state of pure vulnerability, susceptible to any Pokemon, especially Trevenant. Dave shivered. He stood up, or at least, he tried to. "Oh well. I guess I'll just crawl around until I feel better, maybe in the next 10 minutes." He figured he wouldn't look too bad, due to the Bug Pokemon crawling just like him. "Well, I guess this means I lose...BUT...we haven't discussed the terms of you winning!" Dave said to the Kitten Pokemon.

"I guess we still get Apples then!" Dave told Darcy as he approached the bookstore. It was about time to get smart.
Back to top Go down
Eventine

Eventine

PostSubject: Re: Soothing a shapeshifter   Soothing a shapeshifter EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 10:05 pm

Darcy breathed a sigh of relief, though seeing Dave stumble and eventually choose to crawl rather than walk still left her a little concerned.  She hoped that Drilbur were just good at walking on all fours and that he wasn't lying about being okay.

...Then he told her what her reward for winning was, and she couldn't help but cheer up and break into a fit of laughter.  "Well, can't argue with that," she said with a giggle while happily swishing her tail back and forth through the grass.  She had planned on buying them lunch whether she won or lost, so she didn't mind at all.  And even if she hadn't, it seemed best not to argue with him about this.  She had a feeling that bad things would happen if she tried to come between Dave and his apples...  The thought put a grin on her face as she shook dew out of her fur and then trotted the last few steps towards the bookstore.

A bell jingled as she shouldered the door open and held it for Dave.  The air in the store was warm, which was refreshing after spending so much time outside.  Large bookshelves lined the walls while a few rows of smaller ones filled the center of the room.  Most were packed with books of all shapes and sizes, though a few carried things like quills and bottles of ink instead.  They loomed over the two guild members...  To other Pokemon, the shelves wouldn't seem very tall, but even the shortest ones were twice Darcy's height.

Her attention was caught by the sound of footsteps descending a staircase in the far corner of the room.  A Clefable soon came into view, peering over the railing curiously, and her face lit up once she caught sight of her guests.  "Ohhhh, it's Darcy!  I was wondering when you'd stop by!  Come inside!"

"Hiii,  Shari!" Darcy said as she pushed the door closed behind her.  "We're here for those books my dad talked about.  Sorry I didn't visit sooner.  I've been really busy since joining the guild."

"Oh, I'm sure," The Clefable said as she skipped down the last few stairs and made her way behind the counter to Darcy's right.  "That ribbon looks charming on you, though.  And...  I see you've found a teammate?"

Shari wore a smile on her face, but her gaze was piercing as she shrewdly glared down at Dave.  Her eyes lingered on his sharp claws in particular.  "I can trust you with these books, right?  I can't be lending things to anyone who might damage them, can I~"

Darcy gave Dave a sheepish smile and considered answering for him.  In hindsight, she should have expected Shari to put him on the spot like that...  She could be pretty intense when it came to business.
Back to top Go down
Adlet

Adlet

PostSubject: Re: Soothing a shapeshifter   Soothing a shapeshifter EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 12:58 am

Dave was extremely satisfied. He had to trade his injury for Apples, but he did get Apples. He would be willing to become a slave if he could eat Apples. Unfortunately, his desire didn't have a healing attribute.

He felt so much better in the bookstore, it was quiet and rather refreshing. He could get the scent of books. He tried to stand up. He successfully walked, but that all toppled down, as he immediately fell down. Drilbur resumed following Darcy, yet he still remained in awe at the line of bookshelves. He would probably never be able to read this many books in his lifetime.

After struggling to climb the stairs, he noticed a Clefable. She greeted Darcy. She must've been Darcy's friend. He gave a small smile, but it was barely noticeable. He was nervous again.

He was stared down by the Clefable. Those glaring eyes made him want to cry then and there on the spot. He once more attempted to stand up, although the pain in his legs was immense. He wanted to scream so badly. "Uh, I'll try my-erm...best to not d-damage them."
Back to top Go down
Eventine

Eventine

PostSubject: Re: Soothing a shapeshifter   Soothing a shapeshifter EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 12:01 am

Darcy let out a tiny gasp when Dave fell over again and hit the floor.  She stepped a little closer and was just about to ask if he was still okay, but he turned to Shari and mumbled his response before she had a chance.

Seeing how nervous he was just made her feel even worse.  "Yeah, Dave is trustworthy," Darcy said, immediately stepping in front of the Drilbur as if to protect him.  It...  It almost looked like there were tears forming in his eyes.  Wow...  She really should have stepped up as soon as Shari asked her question.  Maybe he was more shy than she had thought.  The Skitty resolved to keep anything like this from happening again as she looked up at the Clefable and lashed her tail back and forth.  "His claws are scary, but he's actually really gentle!  And I'll be there to keep an eye on him, so don't worry, okay?"

"If you say so~!" Shari said as she began rummaging around behind the counter, apparently satisfied. "Just remember.  Damage any of these, and you'll be paying me back~"

Darcy let out a nervous laugh.  There was no way she could pay for those books yet...  Something Shari would not be happy to hear if she lost one of them.  They really had to be careful with these.

She was snapped out of her thoughts as the Clefable set a very hefty stack of books down on the floor next to Darcy with a loud thwump.  "Here you are, then!" Shari said as she said as she began skipping back towards the stairs.  "Bring them back in a month, darlings.  And be careful out there."

"Oh, wait!" Darcy said as she got to her feet and took a few steps forward.   "Um...  Do you have any books about plants and herbs?  Rare ones, that you don't see around Grassveil?"

Shari paused, and stared at the shelves to her left in contemplation.  "Um...  Outside of Grassveil Town... I suppose there is one that might fit the bill, actually.  It won't be free, though.  This isn't a library~"

"That's okay," Darcy said, sitting back down and wagging her tail.  "How much?"

Shari knelt down next to a shelf.  "For you...  I think 200 poké is fair, hm?"

...The price tag put a damper on Darcy's emotions rather quickly.  That was...  Almost all of her money...  The money she had scrounged up before leaving home so that she could buy supplies.

But she really didn't want to disappoint Dave.  Especially after letting Shari scare him like that.  Her ears were flattened a little, but she nodded her head anyway.  "Um...  O-okay.  We'll take it," Darcy said as began fishing around in her bag, eventually emerging with a small stack of coins in her mouth which she placed on the ground...

"Then we have a deal!" Shari said while returning to Darcy's side with a simple-looking green book in her hands.  She added it to the stack and scooped up Darcy's money, making sure to count it before she stashed it behind the counter.  "I have some business to finish upstairs.  Thank you for your purchase, and come again, you two~" she finished before gracefully twirling around and returning to the stairs once again.

Darcy let her leave this time.  As soon as the Clefable was out of sight, she let out a deep sigh and turned back to her teammate.  "Hey, you okay, Dave?" she said as she paced towards the little Drilbur, concern written on her face...  "Um...  Sorry.  She's like that to everyone.  I'll return these by myself next month if you don't want to see her again."
Back to top Go down
Adlet

Adlet

PostSubject: Re: Soothing a shapeshifter   Soothing a shapeshifter EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 10:41 pm

Dave was so happy to see that Darcy was defending him. In fact, he'd be jumping hysterically if he hadn't recovered from that glare. There's nothing better than physical pain followed by psychological trauma, Dave thought as he wiped his tear. Of course, the tears came back and mucus really wanted to come out of his nose.

Shari's caution alerted Dave too. With claws like his, there's no telling what might happen. He felt more depressed.

Dave carefully grasped a few of the books. They were ridiculously heavy. He enjoyed books and could read certain types in one night, but he felt he wouldn't be able to finish the stack in a year. He would certainly have to be attentive.

He felt a little embarrassed when he saw Darcy pay the book. She seemed to have a shocked expression, so it wasn't the best price. He definitely didn't have the Poke to afford the book.

"It's alright", Dave responded,"I'm just a big wuss, you could say I'm not all too familiar with strangers...and I guess I'll have to pay you back the 200 Poke someday, huh? I should've given some instead of being a whiny brat."

Back to top Go down
Eventine

Eventine

PostSubject: Re: Soothing a shapeshifter   Soothing a shapeshifter EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 5:47 am

"N-no, no!  It's totally fine.  I can afford it," Darcy said right away. ...Even though it wasn't quite true.  Honestly, parting with so much of her money was a little painful, especially since she'd been hoping to send most of her earnings back home.  But...  Dave was on the verge of crying...  There was no way she could say anything else.

She gingerly began packing books into her bag using her mouth, taking the utmost care not to leave teeth marks on them.  It was times like this that she wished she had hands, like Dave...  But most of these books had tough binding and were light enough that they didn't require much pressure to lift.

...Then she stood up, grunting as she heaved her bag along with her.  These books were heavy.  Her dad had really been thorough when picking them out, hadn't he... But she could handle it.  She was far more concerned about Dave.  This tour of hers had gotten off to an awful start, and she really wanted to cheer him up a little...

An idea occurred to her, and she took a few steps forward while looking at the little Drilbur encouragingly.  "Say...  We just had breakfast, but are you still hungry?  Maybe we could go get those apples a little early.  There's a park near here that we could rest at, and it's really close to the markets..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soothing a shapeshifter   Soothing a shapeshifter Empty

Back to top Go down

Soothing a shapeshifter
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: Grassveil Town :: Grassveil Town-
Jump to: