Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Sweet-toothed Scallywag

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Eventine

Eventine

Poké : 0

Sweet-toothed Scallywag - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Sweet-toothed Scallywag   Sweet-toothed Scallywag - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2016 9:29 am

First topic message reminder :

[Energy: 17 - 10 = 7]

Mission Details:

Just east of Grassveil Town, north of Pecha Forest, lay a thick patch of greenery.  The relatively small trail leading there was evidence that it didn't receive many visitors, and upon drawing close, it was easy to see why.  The trees there were dense, tall, and immeasurably old, forming such a gnarled mess of plant life that it seemed more like a cave than a woodland.  There could be no doubt about it.  This was Shadowhue Forest.

It certainly lived up to its name, Darcy thought, restlessly lashing her tail back and forth as she walked.  The Skitty stared up at the sky, watching the canopy overhead grow denser and denser with each step until nothing else could be seen.  The gentle breeze rustling the blue ribbon around her neck came to a stop as it was blocked by the thick trunks that seemed to close in around her.

...It was a little unsettling, but fascinating at the same time.  She had never been anywhere like this before.  "Sure is gloomy...  I wouldn't expect a Sylveon to hang around in a place like this," she absentmindedly murmured to her companion for this expedition.  He was a...  Beldum, was it?  She had seen this Pokemon at the Grassveil Guild in passing before, but until this morning they had never spoken.  She hoped that she wouldn't let him down.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

Poké : 4490

PostSubject: Re: Sweet-toothed Scallywag   Sweet-toothed Scallywag - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2016 11:21 pm

Energy: 0

Watching the Flabébé spiral to the floor was glorious to Adamantine, causing it to display a cheerful look in its eye. "That was certainly something." it stated, joyous to hear another tiny crack of tone change. Its voice still sounded as robotic as ever, but at least now it seemed to be cracking and showing some attempt at a tone change. In its excitement, it almost didn't hear Darcy's small squeak for help. Barely picking up on the sound, it turned around to investigate. "Hello? Darcy, are you nearby?" it called out, only to spot the cat being crushed by a Slakoth that had jumped onto her from above. How had it been so careless as to celebrate over one successful hit that it had forgotten about the possibility of an ambush? As it hurried over to try and attack the feral Pokémon, the Steel type couldn't help but wonder how it could have possibly became sidetracked. Were its abilities becoming less adept? Was it just the scenario that was so distracting? Adam vowed to not let another mistake like that happen again, at least until it was able to hone its skills again on its lonesome.

"I cannot haul it off of you, seeing as I lack arms, but I will attempt to pry the Slakoth from your back with my claws. Please hold still." it warned, slowing down above the two and leveling itself upright. Adamantine carefully maneuvered itself to position just above the feral, carefully wrapping its claws around the waist. Once it felt that it had a solid grip, it slowly levitated higher once more. That should prove an effective method to remove this wild Pokémon... I hope.
Back to top Go down
Eventine

Eventine

PostSubject: Re: Sweet-toothed Scallywag   Sweet-toothed Scallywag - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2016 2:31 am

Darcy kept trying to wriggle free, but all that did was get her paws muddy.  She wanted to cheer as soon as Adamantine came into view.   She was too short on breath for that, though, and just flashed a relieved smile instead.  She only hoped that it would be able to handle this thing alone.

...Her worries were unfounded.  As Adam spoke, the Slakoth started...  Snoring.  Loudly.  Somehow, it had managed to fall asleep in the moments before attacking Darcy and being noticed by Adamantine.  It was either very confident that she wouldn't escape, or just so lazy that fighting didn't seem as important as slacking off right now.

...Either way, she probably wouldn't be able to get free without Adamantine's help.  She took the Beldum's advice and held still while it grasped the feral and slowly lifted it into the air.  The pressure crushing her against the ground gradually grew lighter and lighter, eventually fading entirely and letting her scramble out from underneath it.

"Ah...  Sorry about that..." she said as she took a much-needed deep breath and shook mud out of her fur.  Her chest still ached from having the wind knocked out of it, and she felt bruised in a few other places, but she was more worried about Adamantine right now.  She hadn't helped it at all during that last fight, instead getting distracted by the grass and then being pinned by a feral, and she felt a little guilty.  How was her friend holding up?

"Thanks for your help.  I'd have been stuck there all day were it not for you," she said with a giggle as she turned her eyes on Adamantine.  "How about you?  Are you okay?  Did you scare away that flower fairy?"
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

PostSubject: Re: Sweet-toothed Scallywag   Sweet-toothed Scallywag - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2016 4:44 am

Energy: 0 + 1 (new page) = 1

Surprisingly, whilst the Beldum was lifting the Slakoth, it noticed how the feral had fallen asleep! To be considerate of its health and as to not appear cruel, it gently placed the sloth onto the floor next to the trunk of a nearby tree, making sure it was somewhat comfortable. "It was my pleasure to assist you Darcy. As for my current state, I am still fairing well. A lot more is required to defeat me." Adamantine lied. In reality, the combined damage from the Take Down recoil and miscellaneous and mysterious injuries was starting to take a toll on the Steel type. Was this what it felt like to be in trouble? The last time it could remember being this weak was when it was slammed against the wall during that fateful day when it abandoned its flock. It had managed to get the dents out, but the memory was still as vivid as ever.

Luckily for Adam, the Grassy Terrain seemed to be ending momentarily. Even these brief moments allowed the metal entity to recover a seemingly insignificant amount of energy; however, every tiny boost counted when it came down to how it would continue on. Being a shield for Darcy is quite exhausting, but I find it to be worth the trouble. After all, I vowed that no one would harm my ally. So far, I have been performing a decent job. it thought to itself with a satisfied nod. It couldn't wait for evolution. A possible change in its tone and voice, more moves at its disposal, and a bigger body? These thoughts made it almost anxious to evolve. Not to mention I will finally have arms! the Beldum noted excitedly, They could possibly feel as my claws do right now, but having more of them will prove useful in expeditions to come!

During its thoughts, however, an uneasiness washed over the area. Suddenly, Adamantine didn't feel so much like daydreaming and focused back on the matter at hand. "...I have an odd feeling that we still are not alone. There is no evidence to support my hypothesis, but I have a feeling that the target may or may not be close by. Please stay on guard in case of an ambush. Remember the plan if necessary."
Back to top Go down
Eventine

Eventine

PostSubject: Re: Sweet-toothed Scallywag   Sweet-toothed Scallywag - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 12:04 am

Energy: 0 + 1 = 1

Darcy smiled and wagged her tail, reassured by the Beldum's response.  Adamantine was far tougher than her, even though they had both been guild members for roughly the same time, but it was also kind enough that it didn't mind protecting her.  Being around a Pokemon like that sure put her at ease, even if she had found its appearance and its monotone voice a little strange at first.  She wondered if she would ever grow strong enough to make others feel safe like that...

Darcy's ears twitched and she returned her gaze to the forest.  Perhaps it was just the Grassy Terrain fading, but she felt a change in atmosphere too. She briefly considered that it might be a Ghost-type, but Adam didn't seem to think so.  "Right...  That Sylveon..." she muttered.

The moment the word escaped her mouth, a small 'eep' echoed from up ahead and to the left, quickly followed by footfalls and snapping branches fleeing parallel to the trail.  Somehow, Adam's hunch had been right--their target must have been spying on them.

Darcy covered her mouth and felt a wave of embarrassment for giving the two of them away, but quickly recovered and darted deeper into the forest.  "Oh! Sylveon, please stop!  We just want you to hear us out!" she called, to no response.

The path grew clearer and wider up ahead, to Darcy's relief.  She was bruised a little more badly than she had first thought and pushing through grass and shrubs hadn't been very easy. She focused on running as fast as she could and pushed everything else out of mind.  She wasn't afraid of getting into another fight, since she had Adam by her side, but she was afraid of losing their target.  Being forced to live in a gloomy forest like this just because they stole someone's candy didn't sit right with her.  She hoped that the Sylveon would listen to reason and come back to town...
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

PostSubject: Re: Sweet-toothed Scallywag   Sweet-toothed Scallywag - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 10:46 am

Energy: 1

The moment Darcy mentioned the name of the client caused a small noise of shock and a sound of rustling grass, soft footfalls, and a snapped twig. Almost instantaneously, the Skitty scampered off after the figure with a flustered look on her face. "Darcy, please allow me a moment to catch up!" Adamantine exclaimed, beginning to pursue the two as well. Of all times that the target had to be listening, now was the most convenient time? The timing couldn't have been more perfect for the scenario. Sadly, the Steel type was barely able to keep up with its companion due to its poorly developed agility. Considering it had such high durability, Adam never really focused on getting much faster. It was always used to just taking hits and dealing them. Though it realized the tactical advantages of having faster movements, it couldn't properly train without the ability to go any faster. Its body size was too tiny and its weight was too heavy.

Luckily through taking shortcuts and cutting corners, the Iron Ball Pokémon managed to finally catch up to Darcy. "Sylveon, we only mean to help you! We aim to provide no harm unto you and only wish to negotiate!" it stated, trying to get the target to at least consider their offer. They would only need to fight if they were completely against any attempts to peacefully talk out the problem, and Adamantine sincerely hoped that its somewhat pathetic offer would have at least a small effect.
Back to top Go down
Eventine

Eventine

PostSubject: Re: Sweet-toothed Scallywag   Sweet-toothed Scallywag - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 9:09 pm

Still, there was no response from the Sylveon.  But Darcy and Adamantine seemed to be gaining, since the Sylveon continued avoiding the path.  The duo rounded a corner and spotted a small clearing up ahead, open enough that beams of sunlight managed to pierce the canopy, illuminating a little lean-to with some items scattered inside--most notably a bag full of gummies.

Their target burst from the undergrowth and emerged onto the path, coming to a stop right in front of the clearing and turning to face the guild members as they approached.  The Sylveon's face looked nervous, or expectant, as if they were waiting for something.

Darcy smiled through her exhausted breaths as she bounded forward.  It looked like their target would be willing to talk to them after all.  But as she returned to the ground from one last leap forward, her stomach lurched and her expression changed to shock as the floor under her hind legs crumbled beneath her weight, as if it was made of thin ice.

Sticks and grass fell to the bottom of a meter-deep pit beneath her as she scrambled for purchase with her forepaws.  She just barely managed to cling to the edge with her claws without falling in.

"Oh!  Ha!  It actually worked!" the Sylveon exclaimed as he flashed a surprised smile.

Darcy glanced down briefly and instantly regretted it.  The floor of the pit was covered in tiny metal spikes.  She spotted a Forretress hanging from a distant tree...  This Sylveon must have swept the spikes that Forretress use to defend themselves into this pit trap he built...

He approached Darcy and rested one of his paws on hers to keep her from climbing up.  "I don't want to negotiate with you!" he shouted while glaring at Adamantine.  "I tried asking the guild for help to get these, but no one came!  And now you show up, but to hunt me down?  The moment it looks like I'm a bad guy?"  He growled and stomped his free paw against the ground.  "Just...  Go away!  Or else I'll...  I'll push your friend in!"

Darcy looked down again and shivered.  It was as if the bottom was layered with thumbtacks.  "I...  I don't--"

"Be quiet!" the Sylveon shouted while pushing down harder on her paws.

...Things weren't going well.  She didn't want to give up on their target, but she...  Really didn't want to fall into that pit, either.  As a guild member, the proper thing to do would be to let the Sylveon push her in, then grin and bear the pain for the sake of the mission, but...  She wasn't sure she could do that...

This was just typical for her, wasn't it.  Messing up every sort of mission she attempted.  For a moment, she had thought that things would be different this time, since she was with someone strong like Adam, but she had managed to drag the Beldum down anyway.  She craned her head around and shot Adamantine an apologetic and afraid look.  She was ashamed to admit it, but she just wanted to...  Give up on this one...  She only hoped that Adam would still want to be friends after this, though she couldn't blame it if it didn't...
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

PostSubject: Re: Sweet-toothed Scallywag   Sweet-toothed Scallywag - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2016 9:39 am

This was it: Adamantine's moment to shine. To prevent Darcy from suffering a fall into a pit full of spikes, it had to somehow get Sylveon to calm down and let the Skitty back up. Fortunately, logic and reasoning were its strong points. "Sylveon, I understand that you are upset, and I apologize. I find it somewhat unfair that you were labeled as 'a bad guy'. In fact, I see the situation as nothing more than a misunderstanding that escalated into a problem. My companion and I do not wish to 'hunt you down'. We decided to take this mission because we noticed that the directions were a bit shady. The mission was the only one on the board with a description of depicting our target to not be a full-blown outlaw: you." it stated, hoping that some of its words resonated with the Fairy type.

Catching Darcy's glance made the Beldum look away, as to avoid her gaze and distract it from its main goal. Seeing how she'd practically given up wasn't the best thing to think of at the moment, and it diverted all of its attention to Sylveon to remedy that. "Most importantly, I was hoping that perhaps we could travel back to Grassveil and explain the situation to Officer Magnezone. I am certain that you are not an evil Pokémon, and maybe we could discuss matters under calm circumstances. Harming my ally will only cause trouble, and I wish none upon you nor Darcy." Adam prayed that its rant would at least have distracted Sylveon, if not made him want to negotiate. Mentioning that it had a Gummi almost sounded like bribery, and instead settled on sharing the Gummi after they discussed the matter and he had learned his lesson.

...Of course, there were a few holes in his plan if they could be seen. First of all, Adamantine had no credibility seeing as it was a Guild member, the very same that was sent to confront him by Officer Magnezone. Second, Sylveon could easily let Darcy fall into the pit and run away again without fear of being pursued. Last and most importantly, though, these words could have been taken as desperate. Sounding desperate was what the Beldum was trying to avoid because it would mean that it was at the mercy of the target. It all depended on how Sylveon interpreted the speech.
Back to top Go down
Eventine

Eventine

PostSubject: Re: Sweet-toothed Scallywag   Sweet-toothed Scallywag - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 1:37 am

"Discuss what?  That I'm a thief?" the Sylveon shot back with a derisive laugh.  "If I go back there, that's how they'll treat me!  Why else would they put me on the outlaw board even though they know I tried doing things the right way?"

He stomped his paw against the ground again and looked away, his voice taking on a hint of desperation.  "I...  I don't want to deal with that.  This is more their fault than mine.  So if they think I'm an outlaw, then I'm going to flee them like one!" he shouted while regaining his composure, though his voice still wavered a little.  "Now turn back this instant, or...  Or I'll do it!"

...The Sylveon's speech made Darcy feel a little guilty.  Adam was right--she didn't think this was an evil Pokemon.  He'd just made some hasty decisions, and his aversion to punishment was pushing him further in a bad direction.  He needed their help, or he would end up in deeper and deeper trouble...

...Something about the Sylveon's behavior gave her an idea, and it pushed back a little of her hopelessness.  But...  Those spikes...

The moment she thought about them, her claws slipped a little more.  "A-Adam..?" she couldn't help but squeak.
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

PostSubject: Re: Sweet-toothed Scallywag   Sweet-toothed Scallywag - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 12:56 pm

That was it. The point that had to be hit to convince Sylveon that he should highly consider negotiating. He still thought that he was seen as an outlaw. Darcy's safety was on the line here, and hearing her squeak for help was all the motivation it needed to convert the Eeveelution as fast as possible before her grip slipped any more than it had already. "Is that so? Then do you care to explain why the mission directions tell us that you may be given a second chance if you cooperate? Even the Pokémon who filed the request onto the board does not see you as an outlaw. The only reason you were placed on the board is because you most likely were unapproachable about the matter. We only mean to help you from straying onto a slippery slope and making mistakes that could truly make you an outlaw." Adamantine stated with a firm resolve.

At this point, Darcy was slipping fast. It was now or never, time to pull out all the stops and be as persuasive as possible. "Neither of us desire to see you suffer, nor does Officer Magnezone. He merely placed the request to stop you from becoming a regular appearance on the board. Knowing them, if you comply and allow us to talk, you will most likely be let 'off the hook' with no serious or lasting punishment. If you agree, please assist my companion off of the ledge and we could find a nice, well-lit place to discuss matters." it ended with a sincere, hopeful look in its eye. It wasn't enough just to use its words to convince the Sylveon, but actions and appearance meant everything as well. Ending with the description of pleasant scenery made it feel that it added to the argument. To add onto all of that, it would be a waste of a perfectly good Gummi to have Sylveon decline.

MCLikeANinja carried out 1 launched of one Shadowhue Forest :
Sweet-toothed Scallywag - Page 2 AWsAqyv
Back to top Go down
Eventine

Eventine

PostSubject: Re: Sweet-toothed Scallywag   Sweet-toothed Scallywag - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2016 10:05 pm

At that, the Sylveon fell quiet.  He continued glaring at Adamantine, but now his face looked just as conflicted as it did angry.  His paw still rested on Darcy's...  She could feel it quivering, as if it couldn't decide whether to help her up or shove her down.

It did neither.  Darcy's claws slipped a little more, and she felt her entire body begin sliding down into the pit.  Her hind legs scrabbled for footholds but couldn't find any.  She grit her teeth and squeezed her eyes shut as she lost her grip entirely and began plummeting downwards.

Just as her tail hit the ground, something snagged her forelegs and brought her fall to a stop.  Darcy held her breath, then cautiously opened her eyes...  And flashed an enormous grin at what she saw.  The Sylveon had grabbed her with its ribbon-like feelers and was hauling her back to safety.

It made her want to sing.  The second her legs reached solid ground she tackled the Sylveon with a hug.  "Oh, I knew it!  You scared me for a while there, but I just knew you wouldn't let me fall in!"

"Back off!" the Sylveon said while pushing her away with a ribbon and turning up his nose.  "This is still your fault in the first place.  Don't think I've forgiven you two.  I'll get my things, and we'll go back to town, and that's it, okay?"

Darcy did as he said, but she still wore a goofy smile.  She giddily trotted over to Adamantine as the Sylveon entered the clearing and began rooting through his belongings.  "Um...  Thank you.  You were really cool back there," she whispered while giggling slightly.  She was thoroughly impressed at how calm it had stayed through all of that...  She felt like she could learn a lot from the Beldum.  Perhaps they could train together sometime down the road?

...Well, assuming it wasn't frustrated with her.  She had been nothing but deadweight this whole time, after all.  She'd flat out given up before hearing a little more from the Sylveon.  She wished that it was easier to gauge Adamantine's emotions, but with its monotone voice and rigid body it was practically impenetrable...

...Yeah, it was probably disappointed in her.  Her ears flattened.  She tried thinking about Sylveon instead to get her mind off of it.  He seemed a little stuck-up, but she was sure they could become friends with enough effort.

She remembered something, and her ears perked back up a little.  "Do you think now would be a good time to show him..?" she continued, smiling as she glanced at Sylveon and then back at Adam's bag.
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

PostSubject: Re: Sweet-toothed Scallywag   Sweet-toothed Scallywag - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2016 3:14 am

Energy: 1 - 10 (roll's results) = 0 (Asleep)

When Darcy began slipping and sliding down into the pit, Adamantine's heart would have skipped a beat if it had one. It was about to go diving down into the pit to retrieve her, only to stop in its tracks when Sylveon was holding her from hitting the spikes by his ribbons. The persuasion had worked! That is a relief. Had I failed, I have a feeling that the Skitty would have suffered severe injuries. I couldn't bear the thought of being responsible for it. It is a miracle, if anything. the Beldum noted with a sigh of relief. When Sylveon was digging through its belongings and Darcy complimented it on its ability in the situation, it shook its head. "I do not think I was. To be truthful, I was worried that I didn't present my points in the right way and I endangered you. My apologies for my panicked argument."

After Sylveon returned from gathering some of his belongings, Adam remembered the Gummi inside of its bag. Rummaging through his gear, the Psychic type split the Green Gummi into three portions, sliding one portion each to Sylveon and Darcy respectively. "I figured that perhaps we should have a small treat while we converse." it explained, nibbling on its own piece. This was considerably easier without a cup to get its head stuck in, allowing it to savor the treat without fear of getting trapped in another small prison. I'm not so sure that Darcy would be okay with trying to emancipate me from the clutches of another evil cup. it joked to itself with a lighthearted look in its eye.
Back to top Go down
Eventine

Eventine

PostSubject: Re: Sweet-toothed Scallywag   Sweet-toothed Scallywag - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2016 7:46 pm

"O-oh!  Really?  Are you sure?  Even after I..?" the Sylveon said, his eyes suddenly sparkling as he accepted his share with two of his ribbons.  He tried to hide it, but as he led the two guild members into the sunny clearing, he looked markedly less angry than before.

"You know, most Fairy types aren't too fond of green gummies, but I've never minded them, myself," he said as he sat down.  "They have a curious, somewhat bitter flavor that can be offensive to those not used to it, but looking past that reveals a subtle richness that I've never quite experienced from anything else.  It's a mature taste for mature fairies."

He rose to his feet and his eyes sparkled again.  "Of course, pink gummies, with their unmatched sweetness and slightly acidic undertone are my absolute favorite!  Nothing else comes close!  But you...  You, uh..." he trailed off.  He sat back down and looked away uneasily.  "...You already know that, don't you."

He looked back to the guild members and sighed.  "...I...  Maybe I do owe you two an apology for all of this," he continued after a brief silence.  "I never wanted to hurt anyone.  I hate it out here, to be honest, and I just want to go home.  I regret threatening you, um...  Darcy, was it?"

"Oh, all's well that ends well!" Darcy said, smiling cheerfully as she swallowed the last of her gummi.  "I'm just happy that we could help.  Pretend it never happened!"  She was too elated by the sudden turn of events to hold any bitterness.  He was sorry, and that was more than enough for her.

"I still have one question for you, though," he resumed, looking at the ground.  "Why did neither of you take the request I posted a few weeks ago?  Did it seem too boring for you?  Not worth your time?  Perhaps it was a silly matter to bother the guild with, but everyone's hobbies are important, don't you think?"
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

PostSubject: Re: Sweet-toothed Scallywag   Sweet-toothed Scallywag - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 7:26 am

Energy: 0 (Asleep)

Adamantine had to admit: the Sylveon's experience with Gummis was extensive to say the least. That does explain why they chose to evolve into a Sylveon. Rumors state that they evolve via the ingestion of Gummis, causing an odd reaction that allows them to access the Fairy type. it noted with a small, insignificant nod. Hearing his apology to Darcy be accepted cemented the fact that Sylveon was indeed not a bad Pokémon, just one that made a bad mistake. Disregarding what Officer Magnezone had stated, Adam sincerely hoped that its new friend was able to bounce back from this experience and move on. One question that he brought up, however, caused the Beldum to have to stop and think.

"You posted a request before resorting to obtaining Gummis the wrong way? My apologies. If Darcy and I had joined the guild sooner, we would have strongly considered your request. You see, we are new recruits under the tutelage of Guildmaster Faye. I am known as Adamantine of Team Radiance, and Darcy is a member of Team Friendship Alliance." it gladly explained. Judging from how it never even appeared on the boards when they checked, it could only assume that another Pokémon had taken the mission and failed. "This was our first mission on both of our parts, so you could hardly imagine how exciting it was to help you before it became a serious matter."
Back to top Go down
Eventine

Eventine

PostSubject: Re: Sweet-toothed Scallywag   Sweet-toothed Scallywag - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 8:33 pm

"Mmm...  So you two couldn't have helped if you wanted to..." the Sylveon said while briefly closing his eyes.  He stood up and used his ribbons to sling a pair of bags over his shoulders.  "I made a mess of things here, didn't I...  I really am sorry.  I won't be so hasty to pass judgement in the future.  I promise."

Exiting the clearing, he stopped beside the hole in the path and glanced into it.  After a moment of thought, he stirred up a harsh Fairy Wind and directed it downward, sending the spikes at the bottom clattering to one side in a messy pile.  He hopped down and gingerly began sweeping the little iron barbs into one of his bags using his ribbons.

Once he was confident that the pit was safe, he leaped back to the surface and approached the guild members.  "My name is Peaches, by the by.  I'll keep your team names in mind should I ever need help in the future."  With that, he walked to their side and smiled widely, looking truly happy for the first time since Darcy had met him.  "Now lead the way, you two!  You don't know how excited I am to be out of this dreadful forest!"

"Of course, of course!  Come on, Adam!" Darcy sang as she practically began prancing along the path back to the forest's exit.  Seeing Peaches so happy had done a lot to brighten her own spirits, too.  This was technically her second mission, but with what a disaster her first had been, this one felt leaps and bounds more doable and rewarding.  Adam had handled nearly all of the work...  It likely could have handled this mission alone, if she was being honest.  But just being here to witness their target have such a change of heart made her feel happy.  Lost in her thoughts, she paid only cursory attention to the road ahead as she trotted along it.
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

PostSubject: Re: Sweet-toothed Scallywag   Sweet-toothed Scallywag - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 8:29 am

Energy: 0 (Asleep)

It was a relief to finally push aside the doubt, regret, and anxious feelings when Peaches expressed how he was going to stop avoiding judgment. "I am glad to hear it. We shall make haste for Grassveil once more immediately, Peaches." Adamantine stated with a nod. During the entire mission, the fear of failure haunted the Beldum until it was extinguished by these very words. Though it might have been the combination of its reasoning and the desire to leave the forest. It chose not to question why the Sylveon needed to keep the spikes, instead settling on the theory that they wanted to save them for use elsewhere. Adam was just glad that Peaches listened and agreed without Darcy getting hurt. This was a very interesting way to complete the mission. I suppose it is safe to say that I can declare this a complete success... it reasoned, halting in its tracks when it sensed some strange rustling of a bush.

This bush, however, wasn't rustling as if a Pokémon was hiding inside. It couldn't feel the ground seeing as it was levitating, but Adamantine wondered why the bush would be shaking. The shrubbery didn't look large enough to hold multiple Pokémon, so what could possibly be causing it to shake? "...I do not believe this is an earthquake." it muttered, looking ahead and locking eyes with the vanguard of a horde of Stantler. The deer charged headfirst towards the trio, Adam taking its position in front to guard its two companions. Taking a moment to consider its odds, the Steel type settled on trying to use Take Down to meet the stampede head-on and pray for the best. Adamantine closed its eye and felt the Pokémon strike its iron body with a loud metal thunk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sweet-toothed Scallywag   Sweet-toothed Scallywag - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sweet-toothed Scallywag
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next