Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!
Check out the Staff Recruitment thread if you are interested in becoming a staff member!

Want to keep up to date with site happenings? Here's the June News Thread!

Share | 

DIE, DIE, DIE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Xenoblader

Poké : 2120

PostSubject: DIE, DIE, DIE   Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

Xeno finally arrived into the looming stretch of greenery that is known as Pecha Forest. By himself, Xeno felt much more at home than when he was with Bui and Cirrus. Although, there was a small feeling eating at him as if he wanted to be with them. Xeno shook his head. Come on, we've got this by ourselves. We can handle this. Stretching out his arms, Xeno ventured into the forest, unaware of what dangers might befall him.

(Currently on hold for EV)

~ADMIN EDIT~
~POST MERGE~

(Energy: 19-5=14)

Taking a deep breath, Xeno plunged into the deep undergrowth that was Pecha forest. "Okay, finally. We get a bit of alone time," giving a sigh and closing his eyes, he took in the scent of the growth around him. "Man, wish this could happen all the time honestly." Feeling a bit peppy, he started off towards what might possibly be his next destination. "Things have been pretty hectic lately, 'eh? I mean, don't get me wrong, I appreciated it all, meeting Bui and Cirrus, I guess you could say that's the most fun I've had in a long long time, but I do still appreciate it being just us two, how it's basically always been.

After he thought he had gone a sufficient enough distance, Xeno decided it was a good time to take a break, he stumbled down towards a tree and sat down. "I guess we could just take a small nap while we wait for the other guys." Giving a yawn, Xeno rolled over onto the ground, curled up, he slept quietly.

Last edited by coaster3000 on Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merge post (BAD))
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Lord E V
Head Secretary & Lord of the Eevees

Poké : 11315

PostSubject: Re: DIE, DIE, DIE   Thu May 18, 2017 2:46 pm

The attack had been draining, but fortunately, it had also served its purpose.  The buizel had been knocked away by the pulse, and he seemed to be feeling the pain.  Krikka got up in a casual manner, taking her foe as too weak to get up after such a blow, but he proved surprising yet again as he did just that.  He continued to surprise her as he managed to fire off another sonic boom despite his state, which the umbreon was too exhausted from her own attacks to avoid.  Instead of bothering to try in vain to move her body fast enough to get out of the way, she decided instead to simply take the hit, planting her paws firmly on the ground as she did so.  The blast of air impacted her with enough force to hurt, but she stayed up and resisted its push against her, effectively stopping it from doing much.

The buizel had finally successfully hurt her, but it seemed that was all the energy he had to spare.  The battle appeared to be over, with Krikka, of course, being the victor.  She felt no relief, as she'd had no doubts in the first place, but victory was still a pleasant feeling.  She slowly approached the foe who'd just verbally surrendered, wondering what to do with him now that he could no longer fight.  "You never told me your name, y'know.  That's rude.  I should do something to punish you for that...  What do you think?" she questioned as if her victim had a say in his own fate, a triumphant smirk on her face all the while.  In reality, she really just wanted to know the name of her short-lived source of entertainment... and perhaps torment him a bit.

She'd already gotten her fill of physical torture, and even mental torture had been covered for the day.  She'd gotten in a bit of thievery as well, so she couldn't think of much to do that she hadn't already done to the other buizel.  She didn't want to be unoriginal, after all, but she also didn't want to leave her new friend unscathed.  Then again, she'd defeated him and caused his attempt to avenge his friend by getting the necklace back to fail, which would probably suffice as torment enough.  But perhaps she'd see if he had anything worth stealing, just in case; she'd already had her fun with stealing things, but there was always a reason to steal more.  She didn't care much about taking another trophy, but perhaps this buizel had something of value in his bag?

(You can move bishops like me, but can you move knights like me?  Nf6.)

Character Records

Is it my post in our thread?  Wanna start a thread with me?  Hit me up HERE

Oh yeah, and I dabble in pixel art.  If you're interested, check out my shop.

Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker

Poké : 480

PostSubject: Re: DIE, DIE, DIE   Thu May 18, 2017 9:29 pm

Bui looked up at the approaching umbreon. He hated this; being on the ground looking up at his enemy. He was torn between looking up at Krikka or staring at the ground. The first might drive him to do something stupid and get himself, or Xeno, into further trouble. The other made him look like a coward. He chose the first.

"Do you really have to make an excuse to 'punish' me? Do need to justify your actions for some reason?" Bui coughed, and it hurt. The poison combined with the Iron Tail to his side was doing a fair job of degrading what strength he was trying to maintain. "I don't really get a choice in what you do. The bag has a watmel berry and some scraps of paper," and another pecha berry, but I need that. "Nothing valuable, so I guess you'll just have to figure something else out."

Alright, I'm just asking for it now. Bui thought, staring at Krikka to gauge what sort of reaction he was getting out of her. There was no strategy here. He was simply finding a less strenuous—albeit likely just as dangerous—method if venting his anger towards the umbreon. At this point, he just wanted to be done with whatever it was Krikka wanted to do with him. He wanted to get Xeno and get him out of here. The necklace was still a goal, too, but that was going to be difficult from Bui's current position.

((In an L shape? Yeah, probably. Nh4.))

Roll Reminder:

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/view/badgerwithakeyboard/home
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: DIE, DIE, DIE   Sat May 20, 2017 11:55 am

Rather than plead, the buizel answered boldly and defiantly, surprising and impressing Krikka. She wasn't one to compliment others, but she liked the feisty ones; bravery and stubbornness were easier to tolerate than cowardice and kindness. Sure, the latter were a bit more fun to take advantage of, but every once in a while, it was nice to be around someone who didn't entirely make her want to break them. She snickered as she came ever closer to the buizel, still smirking deviously as if her victim's newfound attitude was appealing to her. It was.

"You're right. I don't need your blessing, and you don't really have any control over the situation. But if I want you to pick your own punishment, I can make it happen. Maybe you're willing to take whatever I decide to do to you if it means you can defy me, but... if I wanted to, I could just threaten him," she flicked her head toward Xeno as a gesture toward him, "Bet you'd play by my rules then." She was a bit disappointed to learn there was nothing worth stealing from this one, but nevertheless, she had a distinct interest in him. His attitude was so opposite to that of his friend, and unusually brave and defiant. Sure, Krikka wasn't the biggest fan of do-gooders, but it was nice to see one who at least stuck to it. It was actually a bit refreshing to be herself around someone and have them be transparent back to her.

For this reason, she did not actually want to do anything more to him. She stopped in front of the buizel and stared down at him, neglecting to inflict any further harm upon him. "Lucky for you, all I want is your name. You have mine, after all," she made her simple request, hoping for nothing more than her adversary's name. There were no strings attached to this offer; she simply wanted a name to call him by. He was moderately more tolerable than most individuals she knew, and she wanted to know how to properly address him. It seemed only right, after all, to show such a respect to someone so bold as to stand up to her, even while at her mercy.

(Congrats: Krikka likes Bui. And your pawn's about to die. Nxe4.)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker

PostSubject: Re: DIE, DIE, DIE   Sun May 21, 2017 7:50 am

The umbreon's snickering was almost enough to send Bui back into attack mode—even though he knew he couldn't win and that it would only hurt him further. Still, Krikka's reminder that he was at her mercy was just about a breaking point. He tensed, winced at the pain the poison was inflicting, and bit down hard to try and cover up any sign of weakness.

However, when Krikka brought up Xeno, all the fight left Bui. In truth, Bui had forgot to consider the fact that Xeno was still in harms way. Krikka was here, and he couldn't do a thing to stop her if she really wanted to turn on Xeno again. He realized his demeanor had shifted from defiant to defeated, and he didn't bother to try to cover it. Now he was being offered a deal; his name in exchange for getting off the hook relatively unharmed. A good deal, all thing considered. Kind of stupid, actually, on her part. Pointless. My name is nothing special—it's not even a name, from what I can figure. It's just a sound I respond to. This thought was new to Bui. He never considered it before, but his name wasn't a name. Or, if you did consider it a name, it was a bad one.

With this thought in his mind, Bui readjusted himself, moving to a sitting position, looking up at Krikka. She was quadrupedal, he was bipedal, and let even when they were both standing, she was a few inches taller. The long ears help, Bui thought. "I don't have one. There's something people call me by—but you'll just be disappointed, and neither of us want you to be disappointed." Bui turned to look at Xeno, focusing on the symbol Krikka had carved in particular. Without looking back, he continued: "You like marking things," a statement, not a question. He turned to face Krikka again. "Come up with your own name for me." Bui was keeping up a defeated yet fearless appearance, but his heart beat would tell otherwise. He wasn't afraid of Krikka per se, but he wasn't in a position to defend himself or Xeno, and if she decided she was tired of him, and wanted to attack either of them, he wouldn't be able to do anything.

((Bui doesn't like Krikka. And I didn't care about that pawn at all. Wanna see a neat trick? It's called Castling. 0-0.))

Roll Reminder:

Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: DIE, DIE, DIE   Sun May 21, 2017 5:17 pm

The sight of the buizel's defiance draining away from him only served to fuel Krikka's joy at the situation.  However, when he actually spoke... it did something very different.  Upon hearing her opposition had no name, the umbreon's cheery, cocky exterior melted away.  A surprised expression with slightly wide eyes and just a bit of a frown came over her for a mere moment before she suppressed it, her look turning neutral as she continued to stare at the buizel.  She cocked her head slightly to the left as if to question the statement, confused as to why this buizel had no name.  Her first thought was that he had no parents... or perhaps that he did, but they were neglectful.  She could empathize with such a thing, despite how little she enjoyed feeling empathy.

"Either your parents weren't around or they really suck, I'm guessing," she began, trying to suppress her own emotions in order to think clearly about the situation.  She had a rare opportunity to brand someone far deeper than wounds ever could, and while she doubted the buizel would actually go along with whatever name she picked out for him, she still didn't want to waste the chance.  It was a good idea, after all, and she could at least call him by this name even if no one else would know it.  She sat down and spoke, "Solus," with no sign of doubt or hesitation in her choice.  A word that, essentially, meant... alone.  It seemed fitting; whether his parents never gave him a name or simply weren't around, he was surely rather solitary.

"I doubt you'll identify with that name, but at least I can identify you with it," she continued, stating her suspicion that this name would mean nothing to all but her.  It was rather insulting and it came from an unpleasant source, so Solus would likely not be eager to use this name.  Still, Krikka now had something to call him by, at the very least.  She did genuinely think it was a good name, though, and it was important to her that the name was good.  She didn't want to just make it a joke, as it was supposed to be her "mark," and thus it needed to be edgy and appealing just like the physical brand she'd given to Xeno.

Or at least, this was what she was telling herself, but her real reasoning was a bit... deeper.  Assuming she was right in her guess about her victim's family, she couldn't help but want to give him a meaningful name.  She hated her own family; her father had stopped paying attention to her after her special snowflake sister was born, and she didn't even know her own mother, but at least she had been given a proper name.  She just couldn't bring herself to insult something she could relate so closely to.

(Bui's not helping deter Krikka's new fondness.  And don't worry, I know all about castling.  I also know all about killing your whole army.  Qxh4.)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker

PostSubject: Re: DIE, DIE, DIE   Mon May 22, 2017 5:14 am

"Solus," Bui repeated Krikka's provided name, getting a feel for the sound of it. It's not bad, actually. Which I guess shouldn't surprise me. I don't like Krikka, but I think I've somehow provoked an affinity from her. The tone of the situation had shifted drastically. A moment ago, Bui had every intention of hurting Krikka because she hurt Xeno, and he had expected her to return with equal aggression. Now though... Well, he still wanted to hurt her, but was indignantly complicit in the armistice they had more or less stumbled into.

The thought that Xeno was still certainly in pain—or unconscious because of pain or poison—was nagging at Bui in the back of his mind. He reminded himself that he couldn't do much to help here, and that he had no idea where to go for help either. He brought himself back to the here and now. The situation had gone from a fight to a seemingly out of place conversation. It was definitely not what Bui had expected when he entered the clearing.

"Okay," Bui said, nodding slowly. "That's my name, then." He couldn't wrap his head around just why he was doing this—actually adopting the name. He had no reason to, really, Krikka couldn't enforce it; and yet, Bui had already made his decision. "I'm Solus, you're Krikka. I don't like you, and you're having too much fun with this. You've won, you've left your marks. Now you can leave." Bui unsteadily made to his feet and began walking slowly towards Xeno and his bag. He wasn't worried about Krikka now—he knew she wouldn't attack him anymore here. He was starting to figure her out now—he was her entertainment, her toy. He wasn't okay with it, but he'd take the advantage he'd been given. Krikka wasn't going to break her new toy so soon.

((Thought he wasn't her type? She's not his type, regardless. Meanwhile, I have no idea what to do without that knight now. Nc4.))

Roll Reminder:

Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: DIE, DIE, DIE   Mon May 22, 2017 1:33 pm

Krikka was surprised at the buizel's acceptance of his new name, though she figured it was just to get her to leave faster. Not that it mattered, as the purpose of the name was simply for her to have something to call him by, and it served that purpose regardless. She was still surprised at the level of compliance she was receiving, though, even if it was all just an act. Nonetheless, Solus wanted her to leave, and she really had no reason to stay any longer. At this point, it was just extra risk for no real reason; she had already gotten her fun for the day and couldn't think of much else she wanted to do, and the interesting conversation seemed to be dying down. However, there was still one more thing she wanted to say before bidding ado to her new... acquaintance.

"Hey," she spoke in a rather demanding tone, though her only actual demand was the buizel's attention. He was now more focused on his friend, which was... annoying, but not to an extreme extent. "I didn't give him any fatal injuries. He'll live as long as you make sure to handle the poison. Killing isn't really my thing," she spoke, feeling the need to clarify her own intent and make sure Solus knew she wasn't sloppy with her work. She didn't want Xeno dead, so he wasn't going to die. He hadn't been wounded anywhere that would cause overly severe bleeding, and they were literally in a forest named after its pecha berries, so the poison wasn't particularly life-threatening either. If left completely untreated, perhaps it would have merited risk, but the wounds she had inflicted weren't particularly dangerous.

However, that was not what she actually wanted to say. She had an offer in mind; a challenge of sorts, but she wanted to make sure the mood was just right before unveiling it. She wanted to be sure there were no excess lingering ill feelings that would cause the buizel to do something stupid with this challenge. Krikka wanted to see him again, as he had been quite entertaining thus far, but she figured he wouldn't agree to such a thing without a reason. With this in mind, the umbreon had an idea for how to get him to come after her on his own, whenever he decided he was ready. Krikka still had the necklace, and her feisty little friend probably still wanted to get it back. He would surely accept an invitation to come play games with her again, with the necklace as the prize for winning.

But how to present this proposal?

(Why does "like" have to mean like like? Pls why does everyone assume that. Bui's just moderately tolerable to her for not being a total pleb. And you will die without your knight. Or at least, your army will. Nc5.)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker

PostSubject: Re: DIE, DIE, DIE   Mon May 22, 2017 5:27 pm

Bui—or Solus, as he would be addressed now—stopped when Krikka called out to him, to demonstrate he was listening. When she finished he continued on his way toward Xeno. He couldn't tell if the other buizel was even conscious he was so still. Either he was, and wasn't moving to avoid pain, or he was because of the pain. Or he was dying. "I'll have to trust you on that," he called back at Krikka. He didn't think she'd intentionally lie about what she'd done—at least not to him; but he couldn't be sure she wouldn't have accidentally hit something vital.

Opening and looking into his bag, Solus found the things he'd mentioned to Krikka: the two scraps of paper ("Strange Tickets" he'd learned they were called), and the watmel berry. Then there was the pecha berry he hadn't mentioned. Taking it, the bag seemed so empty. I should start gathering things and make real use of this, he thought, closing the bag. He ate the berry and immediately felt the poison's effect weaken. Sitting against the tree, he noted Krikka was still here.

She said she wanted my name, I let her give me one. That's done now. She's done with Xeno, too. She got the necklace. Why is she still here? Solus's tails twitched with irritation. Krikka wasn't threatening, wasn't scary, or intimidating now. No, now she was just lingering; she was a nuisance now. "You still want something." Solus stated it matter-of-factly. "I've nothing left to give you, and nothing you want to take." Again, stated in a mater-of-fact manner, without desperation. Does she just want to talk now? Half-killing someone's friend and then beating them up makes a poor conversation opener...

((But they'd be adorable together! :P Wannabe notorious outlaw and wannabe good guy—the most dysfunctional couple ever.The end is kind of like Romeo and Juliet but instead of killing themselves they kill each other. Ne3.))

Roll Reminder:

Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: DIE, DIE, DIE   Mon May 22, 2017 7:25 pm

Normally, Krikka would have been annoyed at someone being so capable of understanding her, but in this case... it was a bit refreshing. Solus seemed unusually sharp; it had been enough to compensate slightly for his lack of physical ability in their prior fight, and it was now showing in his ability to comprehend the umbreon's thoughts and motives. He clearly didn't share her hobbies, and yet he seemed to understand her shockingly well nonetheless. Sure, a lot of it was obvious, but these still weren't things she expected any weakling roaming through Pecha Forest to comprehend. The most recent of his statements, that she still wanted something, was perhaps made an easy guess by the fact that she was just standing there. But, still, she was enjoying not having to explain every little thing. This was a far different experience than what Xeno had provided. This one understood the rules of Krikka's games.

It was true: she wanted something, but one thing Solus didn't seem able to guess was what, in specific, she desired. "Your family," she sat down and stared at the buizel, not bothering to come any closer to him. They could speak just fine with the distance between them, and it really made no difference to her. "Why didn't they give you a name? I'm curious. Do your parents really suck that much?" she questioned, a blank expression on her face to show just how serious she was. This wasn't quite what she wanted to say, but it was, in fact, something she wanted to know. For some odd reason, she wished to know a bit more about this buizel. Perhaps it was because he was now kind of her "property." Of course she would want to know more about someone she'd literally just named, right?

This wasn't entirely false, but she also wanted to know more about him just to see if her suspicion was true. Namely, she wanted to know if he had a bad family... or no family. Unless there was some weird cultural thing she didn't know about where practitioners just didn't get names, she couldn't think of any other reason. And even then, anyone into such a weird practice as not naming their children would probably make for a terrible parent anyway. This wasn't exactly what Krikka had wanted to talk about, but she wanted to know what she was getting into before presenting her offer.

(Be careful what you wish for or else it just might come true. I have ways of making ships sail. Nxa4.)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker

PostSubject: Re: DIE, DIE, DIE   Mon May 22, 2017 11:31 pm

"What?" The question actually caught Solus of guard. What's with the sudden interest in my family? Well, not that sudden, she'd brought it up earlier, too, but... I don't get it. Truth was, he didn't know his family, not really. His mother wasn't around as far and he could remember, and his father wasonly a father in the relative sense of the word. For the most part, Solus had raised himself. The few times his dad ever spoke to him, he had addressed him as "Bui." If there was any rhyme or reason for it, Solus didn't know it.

"Uh, yeah. I guess they do. If my mother was around the same time i was, I don't remember it; and my dad never did much more then keep the house unlocked for me... Most of the time. I more or less raised myself—learned from observation and experience. I probably have some minor criminal record if they track that stuff for kids. I guess I missed out on the whole discipline thing." Bui realized what all he was saying and stopped himself from rambling out his whole life story. "Wait, why am I saying all of this? And for that matter why do you even care?"

((You'd have to do some pretty hard manipulation to get Solus into even the most begrudging relationship with the likes of Krikka. Now if you'd just kindly leave this poor pawn alone... g3.))

Roll Reminder:

Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: DIE, DIE, DIE   Tue May 23, 2017 1:52 am

Despite her earlier disposition, Krikka now sat quietly and listened intently to the buizel's story, truly interested in what she was hearing. She had initially thought he was simply another tool to be used or broken, but he had since proven to be full of surprises. This one was much different from Xeno, who did exactly as expected and struggled in a rather cowardly manner for a bit before giving in and surrendering his sentimental treasure. Solus, in contrast, was... sensible. In fact, he was more tolerable to speak to so far than... pretty much anyone, or at least anyone Krikka had met. Incompetence greatly agitated her, after all.

Speaking of competence, after a bit of storytelling, Solus finally realized he was explaining his life's story to an outlaw who'd just assaulted himself and his friend. He questioned why she cared, and in truth, she was questioning that as well. She wasn't supposed to care about things like this, yet she wanted to hear all about it anyway. As she had expected, this buizel seemed to have a terrible family, having had no mother and barely a father. Perhaps this was a bit worse than Krikka's own family life, but it wasn't exactly a competition. "Had a guess and wanted to know if I was right. I was," she responded to the question of why she cared, neglecting to answer the other question since she couldn't say for sure why Solus was being so cooperative. She neglected to mention her own familial dysfunction, not wanting her plaything to get any ideas that she felt sympathy for him.

The umbreon then glanced down at her neck and placed a paw under the necklace draped around her and tucked under her bandanna. She then pulled the necklace free from the bandanna so as to put it in clear view once more, figuring there was no need to hide it since the fighting was clearly over. She looked down at the piece of jewelry for a moment before turning her gaze back toward Solus, still with a rather serious air to her. "Want this back?" she decided to finally get to what she really wanted to say. As fun as versing herself in the entire life of some random guy she had only just met was, it seemed like it was about time to finish the fun up.

(Well now it sounds like a challenge, and I have trouble turning down challenges. I might just have to do some pretty hard manipulation. However, I will turn down the challenge of the little pawn that could. It gets to live. For now. Qb4.)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker

PostSubject: Re: DIE, DIE, DIE   Tue May 23, 2017 3:21 am

A guess? What, that I've terrible parents? Solus couldn't be sure as to what exactly Krikka thought she was right about. With the sudden focus on his family, and the her apparent analysis of the subject, Bui might have guessed she was comparing his life to her own. The reasoning behind that—or if that was even the case—however, he couldn't be certain.

At the sight of the necklace, Solus's thoughts halted, and a thousand plans ran through his head in seconds. He almost missed Krikka's question. Want it back? Of course I do, and I could get it back right now, but... Bui glanced at Xeno, then to his bag. He could get the necklace easily enough. It was keeping it without risking his own safety, or more importantly, Xeno's. Even if he got a hold of it and somehow hid it or put it somewhere out of the way, she'd make him give it up or retrieve it, using Xeno as a bartering chip. 

"If I wanted—and I do want to—I could take it from you right now; that's a fact, not a what if. But You wouldn't let me keep it. You'd beat me until I gave it up, or you'd just press Xeno to the same ends. And I know you're not going to just hand it over." Solus wasn't sure if he was getting good at thinking like Krikka, or if she was just becoming predictable, but he was pretty sure his hypothetical would be true to life. He quickly added "You're going to make me hunt for it, because everything is a game to you."

((It is a challenge. If you somehow convince Solus to be anything less than hostile toward Krikka I'll be impressed. Qg4.))

Roll Reminder:

Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: DIE, DIE, DIE   Tue May 23, 2017 3:36 pm

The buizel still had just a bit of fight in him, which was a good sign, but it seemed his earlier intelligence was... wavering. He apparently thought he could somehow get the necklace back, if even for a moment. Krikka had to wonder how he thought such a thing possible, since he had already tried just that and failed miserably. But at least he wasn't entirely wrong, having gathered that she wanted to propose a game of sorts. "You're right about one thing: everything's a game. I've found it's the best way to live," she respond, purposely ignoring the rest of the statement at first to give a bit of insight into her own mind. Taking things like rules and morals so seriously simply wasn't enjoyable; she had tried it before and decided it wasn't for her. She instead wanted to treat the world like one big game, with her being the winner. This wasn't exactly her way of looking at it, as she preferred to view the world as her "sandbox" or "castle," not a game, but it fit nonetheless.

"But as for the rest... that's the thing. You can't take it from me, not right now. You couldn't even when you were at full strength, and now you're not. You're smart enough to know I wouldn't reveal it if I weren't ready for you to try and snatch it. After all, you seem to know me so well..." she spoke with a hint of bitterness toward the end, having mixed feelings toward someone actually being able to understand her thought process. It made this buizel far easier to talk to, but it also made it a bit more difficult to toy with him. "But I wouldn't exactly say I'm going to make you hunt for it. I'm extending an invitation. When you feel you're ready, come find me and I just might be inclined to give this little trinket back," she explained her proposition, leaving out the instructions on how to find her until she knew Solus wanted to play. She didn't intend to give him much of a choice, but it wasn't like she could force him to come if she wasn't around.

She wasn't entirely sure what her goal would be, but she had found this particular plaything to be very entertaining, so she wasn't quite ready to let him go just yet. She wanted some kind of assurance that he would come back to her, and an offer for a chance to get the necklace back seemed like it would do nicely. She hoped he wouldn't try to do something stupid like report her location to the law, since that would accomplish nothing but getting law enforcement officials killed by the residents of the area she planned to meet him at. There were a lot of... unsavory types in this place, of whom even Krikka was a bit uncomfortable around at times. They often didn't take kindly to groups of police or guild members lurking around, which meant it was the perfect meeting place where Solus would have to come himself... as long as he managed not to get himself killed there.

(Challenge accepted. This will be a long and grueling process. Qxb5.)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker

PostSubject: Re: DIE, DIE, DIE   Tue May 23, 2017 9:54 pm

Solus considered, for a brief moment, demonstrating just how he'd get a hold on the necklace, but quickly decided it wouldn't do him any good. He noted the slightly bitter edge to Krikka's words. Solus had quickly become comfortable talking with Krikka. The whole conversation carried two layers of information; the surface layer—what they said—and the sub-layer. Krikka was constantly emitting a sense of dominance and keeping her words vaguely threatening. Solus, on the other hand, was matching her in confidence and speaking in a defiant manner, saying just enough to bother Krikka but pulling back to avoid enraging her.

Both of their sub-layer conversations were making it through to each other. Solus would be lying if he said he wasn't at least partially intimidated by the umbreon. She was stronger, she was barely injured, and while he could guess pretty well what she wanted to say and why she might say what she does, he figured predicting her actions would be much more difficult. Then there was that bitter edge to her words—the sign that he was getting to her, too. Although, maybe not as much as he'd wanted. 

"Come and find you? That sounds like hunting to me. Unless you're going to give me directions?" In truth, Solus had already planned track her down and retrieve the necklace. Now Krikka was turning that into a game. He was okay with that, if anything it'd probably make the whole thing easier.

((I look forward to seeing your efforts. Qxg7.))

Roll Reminder:

Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: DIE, DIE, DIE   Wed May 24, 2017 12:49 am

Krikka sat and stared at the buizel as he questioned her. She did, in fact, plan to give him directions, foolish as it may have seemed. She was confident in her own ability to outsmart anything that came her way, so she wasn't too concerned with the risks involved. Worst case scenario was that Solus decided to cheat and send someone other than himself, but then they would simply be swallowed by the harsh land she planned to make the setting of their game. "Grima Outpost," she finally revealed the location she had in mind, wasting no more time now that Solus had made it apparent that he was interested in playing. "Lawless types frequent the area, so don't bother trying report me or send a friend in your place. If you aren't there, no one's gonna find me; they'll just find a lot of hostile criminals," she began to lay out the rules for their game, not-so-subtly implying that if the buizel broke this first rule and tried not to come himself, he would just get someone killed.

With this bit of information being given, Krikka doubted she would have any trouble with her new friend being uncooperative. He was obviously the heroic type, so there was no way he would risk someone else's life in such a way. It was a true shame, as this was the one glaring problem the umbreon had with him. Perhaps he would have made a good partner if not for his desperate defiance against "evil," but alas, he seemed insistent on being a hero. Krikka knew his type and doubted she would be able to break him in such a way as to make him come to her side. Or at least, such a thing would be incredibly difficult, were she to attempt to do so. But, luckily, she was happy with just further toying with him. He would be entertainment enough regardless of whether he was friend or foe.

"But don't worry. You'll be fine as long as you don't draw attention to yourself; don't bring any police or big guild members with you," she continued, doing her very best to make this process as simple as possible just to ensure her pet wouldn't accidentally get himself killed. He didn't have to come alone and Krikka really didn't care if he wanted to bring a friend or two, but for his own sake, he needed to avoid bringing anyone that would draw negative attention to him.

(No one should look forward to these efforts. Rf8.)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DIE, DIE, DIE   

Back to top Go down

DIE, DIE, DIE
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: Just Outside Grassveil's Boundaries :: Pecha Forest-
Jump to: