Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery
 
HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests


-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!
Check out the Staff Recruitment thread if you are interested in becoming a staff member!

Want to keep up to date with site happenings? Here's the June News Thread!



Share | 
 

 When boredom strikes...

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Badger
Record Checker
avatar

Posts : 309
Poké : 860
Join date : 2016-05-07
Age : 19
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: When boredom strikes...   Tue May 24, 2016 3:44 am

[Energy: 21-5=16]
"Nope. No one's home." Bui shouted back at the voice he heard echoing through the forest.

Bui had come to the forest in hopes of getting a bit of personal training in, as well as maybe actually find some useful items this time around—last time he only found one berry, in Pecha Forest, of all places, just one berry.

I haven't a clue who's calling out, but if they were a threat, they'd probably not being shouting out for company, would they? Wait, if they're bored of the forest, why not just go somewhere else? Eh, doesn't matter now, I guess. Time to solve the boredom issue!

_________________

Roll Reminder:
 
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/view/badgerwithakeyboard/home
Badger
Record Checker
avatar

Posts : 309
Poké : 860
Join date : 2016-05-07
Age : 19
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: When boredom strikes...   Wed May 25, 2016 12:44 am

"Thanks, I'm kind of a natural comedian, it's a talent." Bui made his way to the clearing ahead of him. He was quite interested to see who exactly he was conversing with as well. What if it turns out to be an outlaw or thug or something? Wait, that's a silly question. The answer is simple—I'll teach them a lesson they won't forget! And if it's just an explorer? Well then maybe I can use them to quicken the collection of berries and such.


Bui stepped in to the clearing and scanned the area. He spotted a Pokemon that he didn't recognize and assumed it to be the source of the voice he had heard earlier. "Alright, I'm stumped. What are you, exactly?"

_________________

Roll Reminder:
 
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/view/badgerwithakeyboard/home
Badger
Record Checker
avatar

Posts : 309
Poké : 860
Join date : 2016-05-07
Age : 19
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: When boredom strikes...   Wed May 25, 2016 2:43 am

"Bui. My name is Bui." Bui held up his hands to stop the Mienfoo from commenting. "Yeah, I know, awful name. Please direct all complaints to my dad." Bui had realised a long time ago that he'd probably have to start every greeting with such a statement.

"Anyway, yeah, I'm game for a battle—haven't done any battles against non-ferals in a while." Bui stretched on the spot. I don't have a clue what a mienfoo is, nor do I know its type. But I'm quick and confident. This can't go too badly.


Bui took his own fighting stance, and prepared to dodge any oncoming attacks. Give a little taunt, provoke a charge, and I'll take the advantage... Bui motioned for his opponent to come at him. "Bring it on, Mienfooey."

_________________

Roll Reminder:
 
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/view/badgerwithakeyboard/home
Badger
Record Checker
avatar

Posts : 309
Poké : 860
Join date : 2016-05-07
Age : 19
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: When boredom strikes...   Wed May 25, 2016 4:23 am

Bui smirked as he watched his prediction come true. That's right, come to Bui. . . Once the mienfoo was within close combat range, Bui hopped to the side to avoid the oncoming kicks. A fighting-type, then? Good, I'm not at a disadvantage, at least. "You'll have to catch me, first!"


When Bui landed on his feet, he jumped back up immediately and spun in the air. His tails developed their usual dim glow and a dull ringing began to sound—the beginnings of a Sonic Boom attack. "Speaking of. . . Catch this!" Bui launched the Sonic Boom. The distance between the two was not great—Bui's opponent would have to react quickly to avoid the move entirely.

_________________

Roll Reminder:
 
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/view/badgerwithakeyboard/home
Badger
Record Checker
avatar

Posts : 309
Poké : 860
Join date : 2016-05-07
Age : 19
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: When boredom strikes...   Wed May 25, 2016 7:52 pm

Wait—why would she just take that!? This Pokemon is crazy! Bui was not expecting Yin to take the attack head on, and he definitely wasn't prepared for her to keep charging full force at him. Bui tried to pull back from the kicks but he couldn't manage it—he managed to step back enough to reduce the force of the hit to his stomach, but he found the lowkick unavoidable.

Winded and prone, Bui was beginning to have doubts. Alright... she's a bit faster than I expected... Bui was an offensive player, but now he was stuck with defence; and he wasn't sure he could win this battle if he was playing defence.

_________________

Roll Reminder:
 
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/view/badgerwithakeyboard/home
Badger
Record Checker
avatar

Posts : 309
Poké : 860
Join date : 2016-05-07
Age : 19
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: When boredom strikes...   Fri May 27, 2016 2:16 am

All I've got is Sonic Boom! I'm not built for close range fighting! Bui realised that he wasn't going to be able to stand up where he was do to the onslaught of attacks. Thinking fast, Bui rolled away from his opponent—though not without taking the start of the flurry of Pound attacks. Once there was sufficient distance between the two, Bui hopped back up to his feet. "Not yet," Bui wanted to say something else clever but he was out of ideas.

I've got to keep her away or I'll be trapped again. But she doesn't seem to care about taking hits, how am I suppose to keep her away? Bui fired off his own barrage of Sonic Boom attacks as he made his way to circle around the edge of the clearing, trying to keep Yin towards the centre.

_________________

Roll Reminder:
 
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/view/badgerwithakeyboard/home
Badger
Record Checker
avatar

Posts : 309
Poké : 860
Join date : 2016-05-07
Age : 19
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: When boredom strikes...   Sat May 28, 2016 2:31 am

Bui saw the rush coming—the mienfoo seemed to have only the one tactic. Alright, I just have to keep moving, stay two steps ahead of her, and then when she tires herself out, I'll be set.


Bui kept moving along the circumference of the clearing, when he was abruptly halted by a tree root—which successfully tripped him up, causing him to fall to the ground. Well, there goes every chance I had of winning this battle. Bui tried to stand up and brace himself, but his paw was still caught up in the root. Welp, time to brace for impact...

_________________

Roll Reminder:
 
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/view/badgerwithakeyboard/home
Badger
Record Checker
avatar

Posts : 309
Poké : 860
Join date : 2016-05-07
Age : 19
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: When boredom strikes...   Sat May 28, 2016 3:17 am

As much as he tried to brace himself for the oncoming attack, there wasn't a whole lot Bui could actually do to reduce the damage it did. Bui had his eyes squeezed tight, but when the Mienfoo collided with him, his eyes jolted open, all the air he had in him had left. Bui realised now that he was never going to recover from this—the battle was all but over at this point.

Bui tried to call for mercy, but he wasn't able to do so. Well, here's hoping she notices before she kills me...

((Let's see if the forest will give me an item—or a distraction in the form of a wild Pokemon.))
Badger carried out 2 launched of one Pecha Forest (Image not informed.) :
,

_________________

Roll Reminder:
 
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/view/badgerwithakeyboard/home
Badger
Record Checker
avatar

Posts : 309
Poké : 860
Join date : 2016-05-07
Age : 19
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: When boredom strikes...   Sun May 29, 2016 9:36 am

[Energy: 15 + 1(2nd Page) - 1(Watermel) - 8(Tangela) = 7]

Bui was trying his best to prepare for the oncoming assault, but it never came. While trying to catch his breath, Bui looked up to find his opponent was now under attack herself. Bui took the moment of freedom to escape from the tree root's grasp.

Now free, Bui stood up shakily. I think that ends the battle—interference and all. Bui watched the tangela wrap its vines around Yin, trapping her. Do I help? I mean, she was kinda killin' me there; but I did agree to the battle in the first place...


Bui began to make his way towards the tangela—seemingly he had decided to help Yin despite previous events—however, he didn't get a chance to attack. When Bui got within range, the tangela released a Sleep Powder attack onto Bui.

"Well... at least it's... not poison thisss..." Bui collapsed to the ground in peaceful sleep—suddenly unaware of the events around him.

_________________

Roll Reminder:
 
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/view/badgerwithakeyboard/home
Hyacinthum

avatar

Posts : 12
Poké : 80
Join date : 2016-05-14
Age : 17
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: When boredom strikes...   Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:08 pm

(Energy: 19-5=14)

Meanwhile, a Skorupi named Dragunov was setting himself through a session of training not too far away from Bui and Yin, but still far enough away for him to not hear the louder remarks of the pair. The tree which he was practicing his Poison Tail move on was starting to look kinda close to falling down and so he had begun to move over to a different area of the forest, soon coming into earshot of the Mienfoo's scuffle with the Tangela.

"Hah...? Sounds like somethin's going on over there." he said to himself, pushing his way through the forest's growth until he arrived at the area they were in. What he saw was Yin caught in a Tangela's grip and Bui fast asleep. Deciding that the pair of them needed some help, Dragunov ran over towards the Tangela. "You're gonna let that duo leave." the Skorupi said in an threatening undertone, his tail raised high to intimidate the feral.

_________________
I repeat a joke to kill it, then I keep repeating it to butcher its corpse.


These guys like waffles!


Types:
 
Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker
avatar

Posts : 309
Poké : 860
Join date : 2016-05-07
Age : 19
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: When boredom strikes...   Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:46 pm

Bui was unaware of the events happening around him; he was somewhere else—well, no, he was in the same place, but not following the same events. There was Yin standing at the other side of the clearing, preparing to charge. Bui was well prepared, however.

Yin charged forward—a reckless move that would surely cost her many more battles than this one. Bui easily dodged the charge and struck back without hesitation—a quick Sonic Boom right to her back, knocking her down with ease.

"Come on, gotta be quicker than that!" Bui taunted. Yin stood up and faced her opponent—Just in time to get hit by another Sonic Boom. Come on, I wanted a challenge.


Bui smirked in his sleep—in his head he was safe and winning the battle he had lost just moments ago—but outside, in the real world, there was a real battle happening, and he was doing the worst out of the four participants.

_________________

Roll Reminder:
 
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/view/badgerwithakeyboard/home
Hyacinthum

avatar

Posts : 12
Poké : 80
Join date : 2016-05-14
Age : 17
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: When boredom strikes...   Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:00 pm

"Awright then ya mess of vines, you asked for it. Time for us to do this the hard way." he growled at the Tangela, giving the Grass type an intimidating gaze with his Leer attack during this. Following on from that, Dragunov then swung one of his claws in a sweeping downwards motion before the feral could gather the nerve to retaliate, Knock Off cutting cleanly through some of its vines.

"Still wanna take a chance with me? Let 'em go or I'll make you." the Skorupi replied, relishing and savoring this upper hand (or claw) while keeping the foe occupied. A Tangela's vines weren't the sturdiest of things so it would now only be a matter of time until Yin broke loose regardless of what the Tangela did.

_________________
I repeat a joke to kill it, then I keep repeating it to butcher its corpse.


These guys like waffles!


Types:
 
Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker
avatar

Posts : 309
Poké : 860
Join date : 2016-05-07
Age : 19
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: When boredom strikes...   Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:32 am

In his dream, Bui was constantly a step ahead of Yin. Dodge, strike, repeat. Yin didn't seem to learn—she just kept charging, which Bui dodged and counter attacked. "Come on, you're never going to land a hit if you keep charging like that! I'm just too fast for ya!"

In response, Yin charged again. Bui went to jump out of the way, but was tripped. Tripped by a tree root. "Oh no not again!" Yin came at him full charge. Bui braced for impact. Then, when Yin finally reached Bui... She stopped dead, and tapped him on the head. Repeatedly. "What... Are you doing?"

"Hey dude! Nap time is over!" Yin replied.

"What...?" Yin did not elaborate—she continued to repeat the same statement and action over and over, but they got louder and harder.

Then Bui woke up.

"Huh!? What? Yin? What's so funny?" Bui looked over and saw a new Pokemon, and assumed it wasn't feral, since it wasn't attack. "Who are you? Where'd the tangela go?"

_________________

Roll Reminder:
 
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/view/badgerwithakeyboard/home
Hyacinthum

avatar

Posts : 12
Poké : 80
Join date : 2016-05-14
Age : 17
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: When boredom strikes...   Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:43 pm

"Name's Dragunov. I was training nearby and wandered across that feral givin' the both of you some grief, but your pal here soon broke free before we scared it off." he replied to Bui, deliberately bending the tale and keeping under wraps how he had in fact helped the Mienfoo. He had already come to enjoy both her pride and the way in which she sent the Tangela packing and thought that he'd keep him helping her as their little secret. Now there's a kindred spirit, he thought regarding her...

The Skorupi then broke from his reverie of how he'd very much enjoy a battle with Yin in order to ask two obvious questions from them both. "So... Who are you both and what brings you to this neck o' the woods?"

_________________
I repeat a joke to kill it, then I keep repeating it to butcher its corpse.


These guys like waffles!


Types:
 
Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker
avatar

Posts : 309
Poké : 860
Join date : 2016-05-07
Age : 19
Location : The Moon

PostSubject: Re: When boredom strikes...   Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:03 pm

Bui stood up—albeit slightly unsteadily—and stretched and yawned. "I wouldn't necessarily call her and I 'pals,' I just met her. I came here looking for items and found her instead." Bui looked the new comer over; his appearance sure didn't say 'harmless'. I don't need another fight, so let's try and avoid provocation. Yin, on the other hand...


Turning his attention to the mienfoo now, Bui spoke again. "I guess we ought to count ourselves luck this guy showed up," Bui said, gesturing to Dragunov. "Not very easy to fight when your all caught up, is it?" Bui was trying to guilt Yin about attacking him when he was disabled by the tree root; although, he would have taken advantage of the situation had their rolls been reversed.

_________________

Roll Reminder:
 
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/view/badgerwithakeyboard/home
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: When boredom strikes...   

Back to top Go down
 
When boredom strikes...
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Day of Enjoyment and Boredom?! (Open)
» The Clock Strikes Twelve (OPENISH!!! NEW YEARS EVE)
» Boredom is NOT fun (Tag: Anyone, seriously xDD)
» Beetle Knight
» Three Strikes You're Out!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: Just Outside Grassveil's Boundaries :: Pecha Forest-
Jump to: