Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

2018 Moderator Applications are now open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Share | 

Suuuup!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Suuuup!   Mon May 16, 2016 2:20 am

Been playing a bit of the recent Mystery Dungeon as of late and uh...god, the writing has actually regressed a little from the last couple of games. Explorers of Time was the one that got me hooked in the first place, and I don't remember it being this childish about morals (I mean...it wasn't grating, at least), nor do I recall it being as willing to bounce from one McGuffin to the next with a loosely slapped together concepts to string them together.

...That and the boss/outlaw request end up coming off as bad Tindr profiles than requests. "I'm bad. Really bad. LF group of explorers to punish me".

Well, ranting aside, I'm here to soothe those nerves by getting into some real roleplay, stepping into more mature world of PMD. I don't know how nitty n' gritty you guys get around here, but as long as it's at least out of the saturday morning cartoon spectrum, I'd be happy. I love PMD to bits, and I hope to roleplay with you all soon!
Back to top Go down
Evana
Moderator & Record Checker

Poké : 7070

PostSubject: Re: Suuuup!   Mon May 16, 2016 11:24 am

Hello, welcome to the site. I hope you will have fun here with us. It is always nice to see new people here. If you have any questions feel free to PM me or one of the other staff members. You could also get on the chatbox and ask around there. Most members are friendly and helpful.

And I agree. So...Much... My version of PSMD is just laying there, collecting dust. I don't have the drive to play it, at all. And let us not even talk about the abomination that is GtI. I could not even bring myself to finish the game. Although I agree the explorers games were great, my favorite will always be blue rescue team. It might be nostalgia speaking but I really, really love the game. I love the main story, the friend areas, the town, the music,....I love so much about it. I personally think the game is more emotional than the explorers game. Just the ending...and that music that came with it. It is just too much. I really replayed the game multiple times just to be able to cry to that ending. It is just....

I think I should stop. If I start talking, we could be here for a while. Once again, welcome to the site and enjoy your time here.

Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Head Secretary & Lord of the Eevees

Poké : 2458

PostSubject: Re: Suuuup!   Mon May 16, 2016 4:52 pm

You. I like you.

You have proper grammar, you hate the new PMD games, and you have wit. That's one Hell of a resume on its own, but now you can add on "I have the Eevee Lord's blessing."

I look forward to checking your bio. Oh, and if you're looking for darkly writers, you'll find quite a few of them here, myself included. However, I may be a bit darker than you're looking for.

Character Records

Is it my post in our thread?  Wanna start a thread with me?  Hit me up HERE

Oh yeah, and I dabble in pixel art.  If you're interested, check out my shop.

>And now for a bit about myself.<
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suuuup!   Tue May 17, 2016 2:38 am

Heheh, thanks guys! Yeah, GtI is the one I was talking about and I'm currently playing. I could go on, really, about how it's basically a bad fanfic of the series, given the form of a game, with a pacing that's all over the place, and a distracting barrage of side-crap right off the bat, and just...plenty that puts me off. And it also looks like they removed move-chaining from this iteration of PMD, but don't quote me on that.

Really, I don't mind how dark it gets, 'long as there's a good amount of progression and writing behind, not just constant doom and gloom. Constant tends to get numbing and stagnant after a while, noticed that with a lot of fiction. Hurts a lot more if you have time to recover before getting punched again.
Back to top Go down
Gengarzilla

Poké : 4020

PostSubject: Re: Suuuup!   Tue May 17, 2016 2:42 am

"about how it's basically a bad fanfic of the series"

Ok, I legit found that way funnier than I should have. Welcome!

PostSubject: Re: Suuuup!   

Back to top Go down

Suuuup!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: Getting Started :: Introductions-
Jump to: