Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Scrambled Boogaloo!

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gengarzilla

Gengarzilla

Poké : 4020

Scrambled Boogaloo! Empty
PostSubject: Scrambled Boogaloo!   Scrambled Boogaloo! EmptyThu May 12, 2016 8:36 pm

With Bui at her side, Cirrus continued to trudge on towards the location where she had heard that water. She kept moving them forward, quite drained as a result of their difficult exploration in the forest, until something truly astonishing caught her eye as they arrived in the clearing.

"A waterfall..." Come to think of it, she'd heard one rumor about such a place known as Monochrome Falls but had doubted it before now. Yet here it was. The blue luminescent mushrooms dotted around the landscape gave this area a much quieter and calmer atmosphere than a dungeon, with nary a feral Pokémon in sight either. This appeared to be a suitable area to give her Buizel teammate a much deserved rest, especially since she could feel the poison within her system ebbing away as a result of clearing the dungeon.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker
Badger

Poké : 205

PostSubject: Re: Scrambled Boogaloo!   Scrambled Boogaloo! EmptyFri May 13, 2016 1:26 am

Bui was already beginning to feel better as soon as he saw the waterfall. "Wow, that's a great improvement compared to the rest of the forest," Bui scoped out the surrounding area. luminescent mushrooms lit the area and sent a calming blue glow around the area.

Suddenly, Bui felt hungry. "I don't suppose we can eat the mushrooms?" Bui asked as he began to move towards the edge of the pool the waterfall created. Bui had every intention of laying down and relaxing to the sound of the roaring water; considering what he had just went through, he felt it was well deserved.
Back to top Go down
Gengarzilla

Gengarzilla

PostSubject: Re: Scrambled Boogaloo!   Scrambled Boogaloo! EmptyFri May 13, 2016 1:48 am

"Maybe we shouldn't. Who knows why they're glowing?" she responded to his question about eating the mushrooms. The  last thing she thought that Bui needed was some sort of stomach ache to go with his hunger. "Though I am sorta hungry too..."

Cirrus scanned the trees that surrounded the perimeter of the waterfall instead. "We could try and get some berries down from a couple of trees. I can't reach them myself though, so your Sonic Boom will have to do." She had previously been told that berries still up in trees were usually unripened and thus didn't have any of their health healing, energy restorative, or status cleansing effects yet. For the duo's hunger needs however, they would suffice.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Scrambled Boogaloo!   Scrambled Boogaloo! EmptyFri May 13, 2016 2:34 am

"Alright then, that's something I can do," Bui turned to face a particularly well-supplied tree. They're not ripe, but they'll have to do.

Bui launched a few quick Sonic Boom attacks unto the tree and watched with satisfaction as the berries dropped from the branches. Bui turned to Cirrus. "Dinner, is served," he said in a mock butler voice ashe bowed and gestured to the ground were the ripened berries lay. 

Bui proceeded to gather the berries up into a neat pile and offered one to Cirrus.
Back to top Go down
Gengarzilla

Gengarzilla

PostSubject: Re: Scrambled Boogaloo!   Scrambled Boogaloo! EmptyFri May 13, 2016 3:06 am

After looking on in amazement at the plentiful pile of berries, more than the Togepi had actually expected, she let out an amused little giggle at Bui's mock-butler voice before taking the berry he was offering. "Thanks, pal~" Cirrus said with a delighted smile on her face. She liked this lighthearted side to him.

The berry then went in and she found it to be quite lovely. Though she wasn't quite sure if it was the berry's taste or the Buizel's company that she was enjoying at this moment. She attributed it to be the latter, but proceeded to enjoy the berry anyway. "This almost makes our exploration worth it, what do you think?"
Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Scrambled Boogaloo!   Scrambled Boogaloo! EmptyFri May 13, 2016 3:28 am

Bui popped a berry into his mouth. "I think these are pretty good for half-ripe berries, but I don't think they're what made this trip," Bui sat down and leaned against the trunk of the tree.

"So, Cirrus, tell me about yourself—were do you come from, what's your dream? You seem like the ambitious type." Bui continued to munch berries as he closed his eyes. The poison's effects were weakening, the berries weren't quite sweat or sour, and the sound of the waterfall was very pleasant. Cirrus mkaes a good point, this place is almost worth the trip—but next time, I'm bringing pecha berries.
Back to top Go down
Gengarzilla

Gengarzilla

PostSubject: Re: Scrambled Boogaloo!   Scrambled Boogaloo! EmptyFri May 13, 2016 6:40 pm

She had just finished with another berry when Bui asked her about herself. Cirrus was a little surprised by the question, but none the less glad that he was interested in knowing.

"Well, I live in Grassveil at the moment but I used to be within this safely concealed valley next a fair distance south of the town, hatching with nine other Togepi to a Togekiss mother. I have no idea who the father is." Cirrus's knowledge of Morning Sun would indicate to one experienced enough in the subject of Egg Moves that the species would have been a Cherrim. The Togepi didn't seem too overly perturbed over the missing parent however. She had clearly received enough nurturing from just the one.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Scrambled Boogaloo!   Scrambled Boogaloo! EmptyFri May 13, 2016 8:35 pm

"Mmm, big family. I'm an only child, parents. . . They weren't exactly—well—parents. My mother took off after I hatched—never knew her, and frankly, I don't care to. And my dad? He owned the house that I was allowed to sleep in."

Bui opened his eyes and looked at Cirrus. "Sorry, that was a bit negative, wasn't it?" Bui ate another berry. "Your life is a lot more positive. So tell me—what did you leave such and easy life for Grassveil and dungeons for?"
Back to top Go down
Gengarzilla

Gengarzilla

PostSubject: Re: Scrambled Boogaloo!   Scrambled Boogaloo! EmptySat May 14, 2016 5:08 am

No love at all? Cirrus found herself feeling quite sorry for Bui at this moment and wanted to hug him, but restrained herself for the time being so that she could answer his question.

"It started when I awoke one night and wandered out from the nest to find my mother, a well known doctor before she perched down with the clutch of eggs, attending to the injuries of this old looking black bird Pokémon. I heard them talking, the other Pokémon claimed to have been a former outlaw but she still tended to him like any other Pokémon." She didn't know what an outlaw was at the time but could tell that it wasn't good.

"I asked her about what I saw the next day and she told me what she used to be, regaling me with what someone in that area would do, and I was completely inspired by the idea of helping other Pokémon. Within a few months, I was actively watching and sometimes even assisting her with the older visitors drawn by her reputation. She eventually decided to leave me in Grassveil Town though, wanting me to practice and grow on my own terms instead of waiting at the nest for patients." It was a poignant memory, she was quite sad initially but soon resolved to continue with her dream.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Scrambled Boogaloo!   Scrambled Boogaloo! EmptySat May 14, 2016 5:21 am

"So you're going to become a doctor. Good, I've no doubts that I'll need your help many times in the future," Bui said with a chuckle.

She has a goal, and she's got a nice and early start, too. She's got a family that loves her. Meanwhile, I have nothing—except a few minor crimes left unpunished. . .

"Heh, you've got me thinkin' how much of a mess my life is compared to yours. You're on your way to becoming a doctor; you've got a big family that loves you, a place you're truly welcome, and you're determined. I've got nothing but a bag," Bui unslung his shoulder bag and set it off to the side. "That and a rough history, a couple of debts, and, appearently, some bad luck with dungeons."

Bui paused for a moment. "But maybe not the worst luck—I found you back there."
Back to top Go down
Gengarzilla

Gengarzilla

PostSubject: Re: Scrambled Boogaloo!   Scrambled Boogaloo! EmptySat May 14, 2016 6:06 am

Bui's summary of her life and his comparably short reply saddened her. Cirrus had just realized, for the very first time, how lucky she had been in contrast to him and potentially many other Pokémon. It was an eye opener and an important lesson.

"Yeah..." She could initially only manage just the single little word in response, quietly digesting this kicker before sitting closer to him and eating another berry. "Whatever dream you set your heart on, promise me that you'll chase it with everything you have. You're a nice sort who deserves far better than just that bag..." Cirrus quietly exclaimed to him, heartfelt sincerity flooding out from every single last word.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Scrambled Boogaloo!   Scrambled Boogaloo! EmptySat May 14, 2016 6:16 am

"Haha, truth be told, I probably don't actually deserve that bag in particular. . . I may have kind of had to steal it." Before he could could receive a potential reprimanding from Cirrus, Bui quickly added "Well my dad sure wan't going to give me it—stole it from him, by the way—I tried to avoid stealing things from shops, back when I did. Uh, I don't steal things anymore, though," Bui realized he was starting to ramble on the subject and silenced himself by eating another berry.

One day I'm going to mention that past of mine and it's going to come back and bite me, I just know it.

"Uh, as for dreams or goals—I've only got the one: Live."
Back to top Go down
Gengarzilla

Gengarzilla

PostSubject: Re: Scrambled Boogaloo!   Scrambled Boogaloo! EmptySat May 14, 2016 6:50 am

No reprimandation ever came. She had, after all, watched a former outlaw receive treatment like anyone else. Who was she to judge her new friend based upon some thefts performed during a difficult period of his life? No, she wouldn't ever think of doing such a thing.

"Then live. Keep on living. Live life to the fullest. I'm not going to pass any sort of negative judgement on you because of what you once did. You were in need of help and support, not more bad opinions from others. I instead wish that I could have been there as comfort." Cirrus said back to him, hoping to dispel some visible demons. She reached out to hold his hand in a reassuring way.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Record Checker
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Scrambled Boogaloo!   Scrambled Boogaloo! EmptySat May 14, 2016 7:11 am

Bui turned away from Cirrus for a moment, but did not resist her touch. Without looking back at her, he spoke, "Cirrus, you're too kind. You've only just met me in a random dungeon, and now you're opening up to me, telling me all these nice things. . ." Bui trailed off for a moment.

I don't think I understand her. It must be something about being raised with care that makes her such a good Pokemon. What could I have been if I had a mother like that?

Bui looked down and squeezed his eyes tight. He gave a deep sigh; he was suddenly feeling emotional—about family, of all things. Thoughts of what could have been if his parents had stayed together, if they had been good, began to overwhelm him.

Bui told himself that those weren't tears forming. Bui wasn't good at lying to himself.
Back to top Go down
Gengarzilla

Gengarzilla

PostSubject: Re: Scrambled Boogaloo!   Scrambled Boogaloo! EmptySat May 14, 2016 7:36 am

"Well, yes?" She was slightly confused by such a reply. What she'd said about him, she absolutely knew to be true beyond any shadow of doubt and thus formed it into a string of words. It was in situations such as this one in which her innocent and unblemished mind could shine through. Cirrus then noticed that Bui had turned away, she hadn't seen his tears as a result and was thus even more unsure of what was going on.

"Is something wrong? Are you ok? Were the berries no good? What's happened? Was it something I just said...?" Cirrus didn't quite understand what he was doing and felt rather concerned for him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scrambled Boogaloo!   Scrambled Boogaloo! Empty

Back to top Go down

Scrambled Boogaloo!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next