Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!
Check out the Staff Recruitment thread if you are interested in becoming a staff member!

Summer Harvest Event

Want to keep up to date with site happenings? Here's the June News Thread!

Share | 

A new partnership

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eventine

Poké : 3635

PostSubject: A new partnership   Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:48 am

First topic message reminder :

Leading her new Drilbur friend, Darcy made her way through the Grassveil Guild's spacious foyer and approached the staircase at its far end.  The Skitty had taken a few wrong turns on her way back to the guild, so it was already evening; the building was full of badge-wearing Pokemon returning from their work for the day or getting ready for tomorrow.

She had to push her way through one or two small crowds, but Darcy eventually reached the long, door-lined area that composed the quieter bottom floor.  She paused and turned around, making sure that her partner was still with her.  "So, what do you think of the guild?" she asked, smiling at him expectantly.  "It's cozy, huh?  Our room is over there, and the Guildmaster's room is over there," she said, pointing to the right and then to the left.

She hoped he liked the guild as much as she did.  They would be spending a lot of time there from now on, after all, and she wanted him to be comfortable.

AuthorMessage
Bird
NPC Rper

Poké : 12074

PostSubject: Re: A new partnership   Mon May 09, 2016 2:57 pm

Faye let Dave dig through his bag in peace, taking a look at the book with all the teams listed. A hefty tome, that – and it seemed like the ink had dried, so there was no risk of smudging it. She closed it gently and grabbed it with her vines, taking a few steps in the direction of the shelf but making the rest of it with her extending vines as she put the book back in its place. That was that, then. There was a bit more to be done on her part, of course, but… But that wasn't very important to the two other Pokémon in the room with her.

The Meganium couldn't help but chuckle softly when Darcy pointed out the ribbon and how much she seemed to like them – even if they reminded her of candy, which was a rather odd comment, but it was odd in a good way. It made her happy, at least.
"It was no problem, sweeties. Good luck on your missions," the Guildmaster smiled and nodded in response of the little bow the Skitty did,
"It would be wonderful if you could do that, Darcy, thank you," she continued, appreciating it when older members of the Guild were ready to show the newer ones the ropes and introduce them to the Guild.

((If you're going to leave, then that will be it for me when it comes to this thread! But if you still need Faye, I'll be here.))
Back to top Go down
Adlet

Poké : 1080

PostSubject: Re: A new partnership   Sun May 15, 2016 1:13 am

((Yeah, I think we'll conclude the RP soon))

Dave scratched his head. He did have a few questions, but he was fully aware most would be answered while Darcy would guide him around the Guild. The "How to Become a Successful Guild Team Handbooks" actually had some use and helped him out. There was just one question on his mind, and it was biting him on the back of his mind. He didn't know if it would ever be answered. He looked at Faye and Darcy.

"Don't Mystery Dungeons change every once in a while. Like the Pokemon and the items too? Well, I was wondering about how that worked-I mean, there's gotta be a way. Or is it just one of life's mysteries?"

Eventine

PostSubject: Re: A new partnership   Sun May 15, 2016 3:46 am

"Well, why do you think they're called 'Mystery Dungeons'?" Darcy said, shooting Dave a goofy smile as she scratched behind an ear.  "I asked my dad about them once.  He always found Mystery Dungeons interesting.  He told me that even though Pokemon explore them all the time, we still don't know very much about what causes them or how they work.  I don't even know if there have always been Mystery Dungeons, or if they only started to appear recently."

Darcy finished scratching and turned to the Guildmaster.  Now she was curious.  "Do you know anything more, Faye?  You're probably an expert on this sort of thing, right?"  She swept her tail side to side expectantly.  If anyone understood Mystery Dungeons, it would be an accomplished explorer like Faye.

((We'll probably be out of Faye's office in the next post or two.  Thanks for joining us, Bird  ^^))

PostSubject: Re: A new partnership   Sun May 15, 2016 3:57 pm

Faye could only get a nod in to Dave's questions about the Mystery Dungeons, before Darcy chimed in and stated the unfortunate truth – or perhaps fortunate to those who enjoyed figuring out such mysteries. They didn't know all that much about the inner working of the strange dungeons that could shift their shape and position unnaturally. Though then again, perhaps it was perfectly natural, seeing that the Guildmaster couldn't really remember a time when they hadn't existed.

"Perhaps you are putting a bit too much faith in my abilities, dearie," the Meganium laughed gently when she was suspected to be an expert – and it was true that she had done her fair share of exploring, too. But some things still eluded them.
"We haven't found any definite answer to why it happens. It seems as if the space around those areas is distorted in some way, seeming to be as chaotic as many of their inhabitants. Yet, Pokémon who go in don't disappear, and any settlements built within don't seem to be split in half with one part appearing elsewhere in the Dungeon when it shifts."

((Hah yeah, just ditch me when you don't need me, I'll stalk and reply as long as you talk to Faye!))
Back to top Go down
Adlet

Poké : 1080

PostSubject: Re: A new partnership   Tue May 17, 2016 1:05 am

Wow. That was all Dave could think at the moment. He was probably laughing hysterically (on the inside). The mole Pokemon had sounded overly dramatic. That was right, of course they would be called Mystery Dungeons because they were a "mystery." The Guildmaster had brought up very interesting things too. If Mystery Dungeons were constantly changing, then it was strange that settlements didn't move around or any Pokemon who enter or are within it didn't disappear too. That would probably be one of the unanswered questions in a life of a Guild Member.

"Well, other than that, I'm prepared and set to go," Dave said.

Eventine

PostSubject: Re: A new partnership   Tue May 17, 2016 4:39 am

Darcy nodded in response to Faye's answer.  It seemed like her dad was right after all.  Still, she hadn't known anything about stable settlements being built in Mystery Dungeons!  Even if they didn't get torn apart, living in one must be chaotic, with all of the hostile Pokemon around...

She was snapped out of her thoughts when Dave spoke up.  Her smile returned to her face and she sprung to her feet.  "Right-o!  There's a guild to see, Dave!  Follow me!" she said, grinning at him over her shoulder as she trotted towards the door.  "I'll show you the dining hall first.  You're probably starving, huh?  I know I am."

She shouldered the heavy wooden door open.  The hallway outside was dark; it was starting to get late.  Darcy paused in the doorframe and turned around.  "Thaaanks, Faaaye!  Have a good evening!" she called, cheerfully waving a forepaw to the Guildmaster.

PostSubject: Re: A new partnership   Tue May 17, 2016 3:04 pm

Faye nodded. Dave didn't have more questions right now, but this was hardly the only time he could ask questions. The Guild was full of Pokémon who knew much and wanted to help – Save's new partner, Darcy, included. And she got with into that, already wanting so show the mole around. The Meganium smiled, seeming to be quite content with that as she followed the pair with her eyes.
"Yes, goodbye for now, sweeties," she replied softly. Food… Well, Faye was feeling a bit peckish herself as well, so it seemed like she should be calling it a night soon, herself…

"You know where to find me if you need me. Good luck with your missions – and good night," the Guildmaster continued, letting the two leave her room before she got to cleaning her desk a bit. The extra teacups had to go somewhere…

((Oh, alright, I guess that was it then. I could have not replied there, but it looked like I had some time before Adlet was going to reply, so hey! Why not! Thank you for the thread!))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new partnership   

Back to top Go down

A new partnership
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2