Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Something Beautiful To Say

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

Something Beautiful To Say Empty
PostSubject: Something Beautiful To Say   Something Beautiful To Say EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 3:28 am

It was a peaceful day at the pond, he was curled up on a sunning-rock. This was quite relaxed, the sound of the water was soothing, and the rare beating sun warmed his body as the gap in the dark clouds allowed it to touch the earth with its gentle rays. The charmander was drifting in and out of slumber, too lazy to get up and move. It was peaceful, the first bit of peace he'd had since the events of the crevice. He took a deep breath, signing blissfully.

His tail curled around his body, relaxing as he rested his head on his arm. He could feel his arm going numb from lack of circulation, but he did not seem to care. The charmander was in a light snooze when someone had decided to ruin this blissful day of peace midst the chaos of the current world. He was happily enjoying his time with a soft expression, when something had pushed him off the boulder. He cried out in surprise as something rammed itself into his gut and dragged him out of his peaceful slumber. He had ignored the soft footsteps that had been approaching, figuring it to simply be a passing pokemon.

"Get off of me spot!" he heard as he clung to the rock with his claws to avoid falling off. He blinked, his eyes open wish his arms clinging to the rock as his legs hung over the side. His body slowly slid down as his weight carried him over the edge of the rock. His rump dropped to the ground as his arms still lay on the rock and he stared at the creature. It was almost as if he were using the rock as a table now.

"I was here first?" Garnet spoke, standing up with his hands still on the rock as the other pokemon lifted its front legs on the rock as well. The other pokemon was a female creature with a long neck, dark fur covered the neck and surrounded the face to obscure its vision. The blind creature was short, but it seemed to have a nasty look to it as it growled at Garnet.

"Moy spot!" the creature growled, "Fuck off ye!" the deino growled. Garnet frowned with a disapproving expression before he hopped back onto the rock again.

"This is my spot at the moment, come back later," he tried to speak politely. The charmander stood on the rock to be eye-level with the deino despite its lack of eyes.

The blind one merely growled again before rearing its head back and attempting to head-butt the charmander. The lizard only stood his ground and took the direct headbutt to the skull, "I'm gittin' tired of you lil' shets takin' moy spots! This is moy pawnd, Fuck off!" the creature repeated as it attempted to push the charmander off. Garnet only pushed back, holding his ground as the two struggled with their foreheads together to drive off the other. "Evury damn day it's always sumthin' you shets think you own da place! I'll bet your ass just like da las' ones!"

Garnet knew this type. Well, not the type as in Dragon, but more the type of character. They claimed territory and drove out all within it. This pond was public property, and this deino must have driven out any who drew near. He growled back at the deino, dropping his nice act, "I'd like to see you try to kick my ass you blind hillbilly," he snarled, egging on a fight. The deino was only angered by his words, and shouted as she moved back to headbutt the charmander again. Oooh how he was going to enjoy this.

The deino attempted to smash its own head against Garnet with as much force as it could muster, however the charmander did not meet the dragon type's challenge once more and instead dodged to the side and leaped off the rock. The deino's horn collided with the rock and bounced off of it with a cry of pain. The deino turned to the direction the charmander was standing and growled before raising itself onto two legs and kicking them at the air before slamming them down onto the ground. The ground erupted below the deino and shot towards the charmander.

He had flashbacks to the monster deep within the rift for a brief moment, he was not going to repeat that failure. He jumped to the side, dodging it before taking on a purple glow as he activated his Outrage attack. The charmander smirked as his eyes grew wide and a smile took shape on his face. He shot forward on all four legs, propelling himself into the Deino before standing at the last second and rearing back his claws as they extended and glowed with a purple tint. He raked them across the deino's face before sidestepping as the dragon attempted to smash its head into the Charmander once more.

"Where did ya go you lil shet!?" the deino cried out in rage. The deino looked around wildly, shocked by the burning sensation within the Scratch attack induced by the Outrage. His form took on a white tinge rather than just his claws this time as he scratched at the deino's side before latching onto the deino's neck with his teeth. He quickly released the deino as it bucked, kicked, and cried out in pain. The deino was shaking, blood running from the spots Garnet had marked with his claws.

"What's the matter little bully? Can't hold your own against a "lil shet"?" he spoke to the deino. The deino's head shot towards the charmander as he spoke.

"I'll keeel ya!" the deino declared before charging towards the charmander blindly. Garnet huffed and merely sidestepped as the deino charged straight into the water of the pond behind him. The deino cried out in surprise as the water around it began to grow tinted by red. The deino backed out of the water, panicking at the sudden water. The charmander only watched as the dragon type panicked and flailed blindly, allowing fear to consume its actions.

"All bark and no bite..." he huffed as a bit of smoke escaped his nose.
Back to top Go down
Dediles

Dediles

Poké : 4120

PostSubject: Re: Something Beautiful To Say   Something Beautiful To Say EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 3:56 am

Lucerne needed a swim, She had no luck in finding a dance instructor OR someone to teach her how to fight. as it were She was stuck In grassveil because she was too afraid of doungeons to try and go anywhere. She did some twirls underwater to try and take her mind of things.

Once she surfaced she took a deep breath and inflated her flotation sac. She idly lay floating on the surface of the pond until she noticed something. It looked like two pokemon were battling, nothing new. However... There was something off. Lucerne paddled closer.

There was a weird dragon fighting a charmander. The charmander Kept going at her. It didn't seem very sporting. Then she saw the blood. She froze. Surely they would stop now right? Well they didn't. Lucerne saw the sinister smile on the face of the charmander as He was ripping into the dragon. Then. He just watched the dragon flail as her blood stained the water.

Lucerne rushed over, and had to roll the Dragon onto land. Dear arceus she was losing blood, and she wasn't conscious. Lucerne needed to do something, but she didn't know of any way to treat wounds other than to eat oran or sitrus berries.

Then she remembered the smiling charmander. She looked to him, fear in her eyes. She needed to stand up to him. She unclipped the badge from her bag and held it up with a shaky arm. Taking a breath she spoke, "I'm Lucerne of Team Sweet Tails. I don't know if you're an outlaw or what, but How could you leave someone to bleed out AND drown!? What kind of monster are you!?"
Back to top Go down
http://dediles.deviantart.com/
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: Something Beautiful To Say   Something Beautiful To Say EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 4:17 am

He was in the midst of basking in his glory, about to return to his pedestal of victory when something appeared to help guide the bully out of the waters. He did not care who helped it, he just wanted to go back to his nap. He stopped though as it introduced itself as one of those explorers from the guild. Sweet Tails though? What the hell kind of name was that? Either way, Garnet had more important business to attend to than questioning the team's name.

The deino had fallen unconscious it seemed, which was strange considering the way it was flailing around suggested it had plenty of energy left in it. The charmander crossed his arms and held a blank unimpressed look as the pokemon began to insult him and question his morality.

"It looked fine just a moment ago," he spoke calmly, "Besides, they had attacked me first. I was merely defending myself. It was their own fault they did not realize the difference in power and back down." The charmander walked closer, "I am no outlaw," he spoke though he did not object to the monster comment. The insult had merely bounced off of him, he had been called that many times along with many worse names, it was practically nothing to him.

"It'll be fine, just a flesh wound and all. It'll scar a bit, but it's not going to just up and die. If it showed signs of it then I would have helped," the charmander spoke. The words rolled off his tongue smoothly, even though he would have loved to watch the deino squirm and struggle to live under his claws, he was capable of suppressing his nasty urges. The charmander remained calm as he watched the deino breath and cough up water pathetically. It would live, no need for first aid medication. It would be fine, if anything it learned a valuable lesson today: don't piss off Garnet.
Back to top Go down
Dediles

Dediles

PostSubject: Re: Something Beautiful To Say   Something Beautiful To Say EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 4:31 am

Lucerne looked to the charmander and back at the dragon. was he telling the truth? He seemed so pleased about The Dragon getting hurt. And that battle was primal, dangerous. Every one of lucerne's instincts told her this Charmander was not to be trusted, but she needed to give him the benefit of the doubt.

"What about all this blood, the lake is practically poisoned with it!" Lucerne said, wiping away tears. "Are you sure She's gonna be ok?"

She sat down on the grass to try and process the brutal events. Anyone strong enough to draw blood from a dragon was strong. Lucerne's savior Said that dragons were rare and powerful. even If she could fight, there's no way she could ever hope to take this guy out, outlaw or not.

Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: Something Beautiful To Say   Something Beautiful To Say EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 5:04 am

The charmander sighed, "She'll be fiiiine, and the pond isn't poisoned with it. There's been worse in there. You practically swim in the fish pokemon's urine anyways, what's a little blood to the mix? It's not even that much, it spreads," he shrugged. He turned around and hopped up onto his rock once more into the ray of sunlight. He turned around and laid flat on the rock with his back catching the sunlight as his tail hung over the edge of the boulder.

"Even if it was, it was her own fault for running straight into that. As a deino she should be used to being blind, she should have stopped just as she felt the water instead of charging blindly into it," Garnet spoke. He looked to the weaker pokemon, she seemed like she had good intent so he held no grudge towards her. Her over-exaggeration of the events were even amusing to the charmander, it reminded him of a certain piplup that would always blow the smallest things out of proportion.
Back to top Go down
Dediles

Dediles

PostSubject: Re: Something Beautiful To Say   Something Beautiful To Say EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 5:23 am

Lucerne tried not to think about the first thing, and focused on the second. It made sense, Maybe there wasn't that much blood. There was still the manic grinning during the fight bothering her. Why would that charmander act that way? Lucerne intended to find out.

"Ok even If I believe you, then how do you explain that crazy grin? I mean I can understand pokemon that love to fight, but you kept grinning, even as this... Deino you called it? even as this Deino was thrashing about in the water, wounded, hurting, and helpless in the water." Lucerne said.

Her instincts were still saying something was wrong, and as much as lucerne wanted to just leave, She couldn't be sure that this charmander wouldn't try something once she was gone. not that she could stop her. But he didn't know that. maybe. Lucerne wondered if strong pokemon could sense how strong other pokemon were, if so she was screwed.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: Something Beautiful To Say   Something Beautiful To Say EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 5:39 am

Ah, she had seen his pleasure....shit. His first instinct was to threaten the other pokemon, say that if they were to breathe a word about that to anyone else he would find out, and he would have her head. No, that was not the correct thing to do. He remained calm and simply shrugged, "I wasn't grinning," he spoke with a confused look. She was innocent, but he did not want others to know of this. It would ruin his image, pokemon would fear him, rumors would grow and he would become entangled in the gnarls and lies of those similar to him that favored submitting to their urges.

The lie rolled smoothly off of his tongue with a persuasive look that suggested he really was confused as to how this bystander had gotten this idea. The charmander was an expert survivalist in the land of lies, his life had practically been built upon them after all. The charmander looked down to the deino, its rapid breaths had calmed down significantly, and she seemed to be resting. Perhaps he could get this pokemon to take the deino with her? He wouldn't have to deal with the aftermath of a sore loser then. He relaxed on his rock, closing his eyes as he enjoyed the sun...however, to his disappointment the clouds obscured the sun once more, and his sunning rock was no longer warmed by the welcoming sun. He glared up at the sky briefly, annoyed with the weather.
Back to top Go down
Dediles

Dediles

PostSubject: Re: Something Beautiful To Say   Something Beautiful To Say EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 5:49 am

Lucerne Still felt like The Charmander Shouldn't be trusted, but maybe that was just because of the way he fought. He sounded sincere in his confusion when She said he had smiled, maybe she had just imagined it. It bugged her, but she decided to put that aside for now, she should be civil.

"Well I'm sorry then. It looked like you were a bully from where I was, I guess I didn't see things as well as I thought." Lucerne said. "That being the case..."

Here she goes, the big moment of truth. This guy was strong, and he seemed like a nice guy, even if lucerne had misjudged him at first. Maybe he could help her. She had avoided it for too long, she wanted to get out there and explore. She needed this.

"Will you teach me how to fight?" Lucerne Squeaked, her cheeks turning the slightest hue of red.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: Something Beautiful To Say   Something Beautiful To Say EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 6:00 am

Good, she was buying it. He was confident in his skills, so this was expected. The charmander raised his head as he looked to the girl who had approached him for the brutal fight as she...asked him to teach her how to fight. The charmander blinked, a bit confused for real this time around. She didn't know how to fight? What kind of sheltered pokemon didn't know how to fight? His mind flicked back to the happiny, and guilt ate away at the charmander's beating heart that felt as if his heart was being consumed while his stomach did flips.

Garnet pushed himself onto his two legs to sit down properly rather than being laid out on the rock. He looked to the buizel for a moment. She wanted to fight, ok, there wasn't any problem with that. "Self defense?" he found himself asking, desiring to know the purpose of the creature wanting to suddenly ask him for battling lessons.
Back to top Go down
Dediles

Dediles

PostSubject: Re: Something Beautiful To Say   Something Beautiful To Say EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 6:13 am

yes! He seemed to be interested, hopefully enough to teach her! Lucerne didn't like talking about it, but She figured he needed to know the facts if he was going to help. This was going to hurt in more ways than one.

"Ok, well I showed you my badge, I'm a guild member. My dream is to become a great explorer and find the person who helped me..." Lucerne stopped for a second, trying to force out the words "Who helped me when I lost my memory. I don't understand what happened, the first thing I remember is waking up and seeing them by my side. We got split up... and I joined the guild. I went to pecha forest expecting a fun journey, but It turns out I don't remember my moves. I was able to figure out how to do aqua ring, but that's all I've got. I'm sorry If this is weird."

Lucerne was blushing a lot more now. It was fairly embarrassing talking about her past, especially her forgetting how to fight. It also hurt when she tried to remember things. Speaking of which, lucerne had one of her headaches now. She rubbed her temples while she waited for a response
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: Something Beautiful To Say   Something Beautiful To Say EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 6:39 am

Pity swelled from within the charmander as the buizel weaved her story together for him. Amnesia, the zoroark he had met in the rift had a nasty case of that it seemed. He hopped down from his rock, thinking for a moment. An explorer had to go to very dangerous place frequently, and fighting was completely necessary while in a dungeon. His claws reached up and raked the skin of his chin in a light scratch as he thought.

"Sure, i'll help," he decided, not wanting to hear news one day about some buizel being offed in a dungeon to some silcoon. He put his mind to work, thinking about the moves the buizel could possibly know. "Well, a key part to fighting is your move set. It's kind of hard to fight without your special moves. You could fight, but it would take significantly longer and it does less damage. You said you knew Aqua Ring, so you at least have a way of making it so you don't die. You can have up to four moves, but it's going to be quite difficult to figure them out. No offense, but you don't appear to be very strong, so unless you got a hold of some TMs you're not going to have very strong moves...let's try something basic. You have tails, try a tail whip? Growl at me? Leer? You definitely wouldn't have withdraw..." he began to ramble off.

"Go ahead and try things on me," he spoke, crossing his arms as he looked at the Buizel expectantly.
Back to top Go down
Dediles

Dediles

PostSubject: Re: Something Beautiful To Say   Something Beautiful To Say EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 6:58 am

Lucerne was slightly disappointed that He didn't know about the 'starting buizel moves' as jet had put it. Still he seemed to know a lot about moves, plus he was super strong so she could learn a ton. She decided to stick with it.

"Oh! that reminds me, I met another buizel, He told me what moves I'm most likely to have. I don't want to growl though, that's undignified. The other move Is called sonic boom. Do you know about that one?" Lucerne asked, ecstatic that someone was finally helping her.

Still, Lucerne wondered how much a fire type would be able to help her learn. He probably has a lot of experience, but he doesn't know what it's like being a water type. Right now that didn't seem to matter, sonic boom didn't sound like a water type move, so maybe he even knows it. and if he doesn't maybe he knew it at some point or is capable of learning it.

Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: Something Beautiful To Say   Something Beautiful To Say EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 4:06 pm

"Sonic boom?" Garnet asked, tilting his head, "Sounds like something a Noibat or a Noivern would learn...but Sonic Booms are generally created through intense speed and breaking the sound barrier. I'm going to assume that the pokemon move of it is simply a weaker version of said action. Go on and hit me with it any way you can, i'll be your punching bag. Try to hit me with it and all that," the charmander suggested, his tail waving behind him as he studied the buizel for movements. He was expecting the creature to suddenly jump out and bust out some swift move that would be hard to keep track of, not quite knowing what Sonicboom really was. He was no buizel, he could not help much with moves, but he could at the least teach her the basics of battle: Hitting something.
Back to top Go down
Dediles

Dediles

PostSubject: Re: Something Beautiful To Say   Something Beautiful To Say EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 6:01 pm

If only it were that easy. Lucerne thought that maybe this Charmander wasn't as good as she hoped. Still, she didn't have any other options, she was broke. She could at least least to fight without moves, not that it would do much good against a ghost or a living rock.

"Uh I mean I've already tried a ton of random stuff to try and get it to work. I should've let Jet show me how it was done." Lucerne said, Sighing. "Anyway, I'm not just going to hit you! I mean we aren't fighting, It just doesn't sit well"

That odd feeling was back. Something unnerving about how this charmander acted. Lucerne tried to put it out of her mind but it was nagging her. She should be nice! He was being kind enough to train someone who didn't even know the first thing about fighting! or rather didn't remember the first thing about fighting.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

PostSubject: Re: Something Beautiful To Say   Something Beautiful To Say EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 9:32 pm

The charmander's tail waved slightly from slight frustration. How was he supposed to teach her she didn't hit him? The lizard had to agree though, she really should have let this "Jet" pokemon show her. How was he supposed to know how to use an attack like that? He didn't even have the capability of learning it. The lizard spoke up, "You are correct, we are not fighting, but we are sparring. Now come on, hit me, it's not that hard to do. I can't teach you how to use your Sonic Boom move, but I can teach you the basics of fighting. When you use something like Aqua Ring, think about how you're doing it. Once done, see if you can channel that energy while thinking about using Sonic Boom and allow your instincts to take over from there. I don't know if it'll work, but it's worth a shot."

The charmander did not plan on making it easy, as soon as the buizel moved to make her attack, he would dodge to the side and avoid the attack. He figured he would be able to see it coming from a mile away, there was no way this stubby legged half-rat was as fast as the monster within the crevice. First rule they were going to cover about fighting: Hitting is not easy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something Beautiful To Say   Something Beautiful To Say Empty

Back to top Go down

Something Beautiful To Say
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next