Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!
Check out the Staff Recruitment thread if you are interested in becoming a staff member!

Summer Harvest Event

Want to keep up to date with site happenings? Here's the June News Thread!

Share | 

Rising to the Challenge

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Digizel

Poké : 860

PostSubject: Rising to the Challenge    Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:15 am

First topic message reminder :

Mission:

{Energy: 23 - 5 (entry) = 18}

Hidon bore a grin as he stepped into the trees of the familiar Pecha Forest. He had been here plenty of times before in the past for training and gathering supplies for himself, of course. But now that he had finally rounded up his team and both members had spent some extra time training and preparing themselves for their first outing...it was time. And Hidon could not hold back his excitement. At long last, he had formed his own team at the Grassveil Guild. Sure, his partner wasn't exactly a perfect teammate, but the two would definitely keep pushing each other to be the best that they could be, to never lose out to the other. And now, they were ready to see the results of their recent training. It was time to go on their first adventure together as a team.

The two had previously agreed on which mission to take for themselves, and when they were going to actually go out and accomplish it. They would give each other plenty of time to train and prepare. And now, the day was finally here. so, Hidon had taken the time to drop by the Guild's bulletin boards, take the mission for his team, and immediately make his way down to the forest. The two had agreed to meet near the entrance, but still inside the forest.

Hidon soon found himself in a clearing and he nodded to himself. This would be the easiest place for his teammate to find him; he was out in the open and it would be pretty easy to spot from the air, more than likely. He set the bag that the Guild had given him onto the ground and allowed himself to lean up against a nearby tree. Now, all he had to was wait for that Taillow to show up. Until then, he began to think about when the two of them had first met and that first battle that they'd shared. Back then, Pilot had managed to beat him (with the assistance of some stupid trees of course)...and now, he was going to get the chance to prove that that win had just been nothing more than a fluke.

The Charmander grinned in excitement, looking to the sky to see any sigh of that familiar Taillow plumage. As soon as they appeared, showed up, then the fun could finally begin.

Characters

Last edited by Digizel on Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://pkmndn2.proboards.com/

AuthorMessage
Digizel

PostSubject: Re: Rising to the Challenge    Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:07 am

Hidon coughed as he continued trying to get back to his feet. He had been thoroughly winded by that powerful Brave Bird attack, so that was rather difficult for him to do right away. However, when a pair of familiar blue talons stopped right in his field of view. He growled slightly, and felt a small blush appear. He looked up and saw Pilot just standing tall over him, perched lightly on the grass in front of him, that grin showering him in the bird's confident demeanor. No...he wasn't just confident. The bird Pokémon was completely at ease, as though he already knew for certain how this fight was going to end...almost like he wasn't even to be considered a threat! There was...no way. No way he could let himself lose this now. Not after this embarrassment...! And of course, there was Raze's taunt, right on cue, thrown in there in the middle of everything else.

He scowled and finally pushed himself back to his feet just in time to hear Pilot's response to his question. "Shut up, Half Pint!" he growled back at Raze once he was finally fully back on his feet. "And as for you, bird brain, you don't have to-" But before he could even finish his retort, Pilot had moved again. Suddenly, he felt the Taillow's body pressing up against the pit of his stomach. "URGHK!" he grunted, maw widening as the air he had started recovering again rushed out immediately once again.

The Taillow's body slammed him mightily right back up against the tree he had already hit once. His arms instinctively folded over his stomach again as soon as Pilot moved away. But at least this time, he was able to hold his ground and stay on his feet...though that was due in part to the fact that his back was currently practically pinned to the tree. And even then, only just.

Geez...he really needed to start protecting his stomach more. That was apparently such a vulnerable spot for him. But of course, by the time he made this mental note, it was probably already too late.

Characters
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

Poké : 4490

PostSubject: Re: Rising to the Challenge    Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:29 am

Energy: 0 (Poisoned)

"Yep, this is getting really boring. Those two can keep going at it, but me? I'm gonna go see if I can find anything around here." he said with a bored tone. After all, if it was just going to be Hidon taking hits and Pilot making smart comments, why would he want to stick around while just watching? He didn't mind it normally, but Raze expected to be looking for an outlaw right now. Having to watch two people (no matter if he was betting on them or not) wasn't necessarily too exciting. Of course, however, he would return after finding something that would break the awkward boredom. Maybe by that time, they could be done! Hehe, then we could maybe go after that bird! the Minun thought with a grin.

The Cheering Pokémon hadn't strayed too far from the group when he tripped over a small pile of items. Dusting himself off and examining the pile, he found that it held a strange orb and a Blast Seed! My lucky day! Better be careful with the seed, though; last time I think I overdid it. His past experiences with Blast Seeds often ended up in him not being able to aim the sudden blast. "Hey Mim! Come check this out!" Raze called, stuffing the items into his bag. However, he was unaware of the feral Pokémon that were glaring at him from their hiding places.

{Hint: Click on each character to listen to their battle theme. The Substitute Doll may provide a theme of a character I have planned! Be sure to check it in case you want to know what I'm planning next!}
Back to top Go down
Reese Cup

Poké : 1800

PostSubject: Re: Rising to the Challenge    Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:37 pm

The small reptilian felt herself getting rather tense. Sure, she may have not been part of the fight, but she'd still suffer the consequences if Hidon lost. And by the looks of it, she might actually end up with bright, rosy scales after this mission was complete. Mim wasn't going to admit it, but she was starting to get rather nervous. She thought of sneaking Raze a question about their deal, but realized that the rodent had proceeded farther into the woods. Apon hearing the call of her own name, Mim realized that she'd rather go investigate the whereabouts of the Minun than stick around for the conclusion of this very one-sided fight...

It took Mim no more than a few seconds to catch up with her smaller teammate. "Yeah, what was it?" She slowly approached Raze from behind and peered over his shoulder, noticing both items before they disappeared into his pouch. "What did you find?" She figured she'd ask anyways for good measure. "Uh-before you answer that, what happens if one of them faints? Won't we have to make another trip back to town?"
Back to top Go down
Sceptile

Poké : 3810

PostSubject: Re: Rising to the Challenge    Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:24 am

[Energy: 33 + 2 (Natural Regeneration) = 35]

"Heehee, not so hot now, are you, Hotshot~?" Pilot chirped, pressing his fat friend against a tree. "You're gonna look great in pink, you know..." The mental image of a flamboyantly-dyed Charmander was becoming clearer and clearer as the battle went on, as if his partner's fate was already sealed. By the time they finished the mission, Hidon would be going to Dandy's. Pilot didn't just think so, he knew so. A couple more attacks should do it, The bird thought to himself with a stupid grin on his face. I mean, if I could push him back despite the weight difference, he must be close to fainting...

After waiting for Hidon's retort, the egotistic Taillow brought his wing back, and swung at his opponent as hard as he could! Pilot's exaggerated movements made the attack easily predictable, but his cocky mindset had convinced him that Hidon was too exhausted to block something so powerful...

PostSubject: Re: Rising to the Challenge    Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:08 pm

Hidon could do nothing but let out a small groan in response to Pilot's taunts. What more could he do? The Taillow was pressing him up against the tree, he was winded from the assault on his midsection, and as much as he hated to admit it, Pilot was completely outfighting him right now. This fight wasn't even nearly as close as their first one had been. This fight was completely one-sided. Even Raze seemed to be growing bored of it and had begun to wander off. As such, he couldn't find the strength to say anything back to him yet.

So there he remained, helplessly pressed up against the tree and trying to recover the breath he'd lost from that last blow to his stomach. He looked up...just in time to see the bird Pokémon pulling one of his wings back. His eyes widened slightly, knowing fully well what was to come next. But his body didn't move. It remained in place and, a couple of moments later, he felt the wing collide with the side of his face. "AGH!" he cried out in pain as Pilot slapped him. The force of the wing threw off his already-shoddy balance and he felt himself starting to fall....

His back soon collided with the ground, causing another involuntary grunt to come out of him. "Urgh...." he groaned, laying flat on his back at Pilot's feet. His body felt heavy...and his fighting spirit felt drained. Pilot was in such an advantageous position right now...was there really a point in fighting on? He groaned as he lay at his foe's talons...contemplating whether or not he should just go ahead and surrender now.

Characters
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

PostSubject: Re: Rising to the Challenge    Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:28 am

Energy: 0 (Poisoned)

Raze hadn't even thought about the possibility of one of them fainting. Would they have to drag them back to town and try to venture out again? The more he thought about it, the more he realized that it was actually a serious issue. "Good point. I'm sure we can just wake them up again, though. Besides; once those two start fighting, I have a feeling they won't stop for interruptions." he stated with an indifferent tilt of his head. Knowing Pilot's tendency to vocalize odd opinions and Hidon's pride, he could tell that the two had a major yet friendly rivalry. The very thought of it put a smile onto his face; today was going to be fun.

Seemingly out of nowhere, an Exeggcute fell out of the tree above him and latched onto his face in a panic. This sent Raze sprinting back to the fighting area screaming. "Get it off, get it off, get it off, get it off, get it off!" After a few seconds of running around, he eventually managed to stop and pry the feral off using a tree branch. The Grass type spread out a suspicious dust onto the Minun, scurrying away. A familiar constricted feeling took hold of Raze as he kneeled down, panting for breath. Again? Arceus, I hate being poisoned... Which berry cures this again?

{Hint: Click on each character to listen to their battle theme. The Substitute Doll may provide a theme of a character I have planned! Be sure to check it in case you want to know what I'm planning next!}
Back to top Go down
Sceptile

PostSubject: Re: Rising to the Challenge    Sat May 07, 2016 10:23 pm

OOC: Reese's turns will be skipped until she comes back.

Pilot stood victoriously over his fallen opponent with his chest puffed out in pride and a wide grin stretching across his beak. It appeared as if Hidon was incapable of continuing the battle. Not unconscious yet, but he looked pretty close... Clearly, he wasn't going to be getting up. Heehee, looks like I won, as expected~! He's gonna look like a freakin' cupcake! Haha, that's fitting with his weight and everything... I guess I'll have to decide between that and "princess" once he comes back from Dandy's, Pilot thought to himself, already coming up with new nicknames for his partner. Looking at the Charmander, he let out a quiet chuckle, amused by how quickly he had gone down. Maybe Raze'll give me more of a challenge...

"Ready to give up yet, Plumpkin?" The bird taunted, bending over to look directly into Hidon's eyes. It was a cocky move, sure, but the fight was pretty much over, right? Even if the lizard had a little bit of fight left in him, his movements tended to be very predictable, so Pilot figured that he would be able to quickly counter anything his foe might try to do.

PostSubject: Re: Rising to the Challenge    Sat May 07, 2016 11:33 pm

Hidon could do nothing but continue to just lay there and groan at Pilot's feet, trying to regain his diminished stamina. He looked up at his victorious foe; he saw that puffed chest and that grin spread on his beak. He'd been plastered pretty hard throughout this entire fight...and he wasn't sure if he had even landed one decent hit, if any. Pilot had all the right in the world to just stand there and look proud. he was the one who had completely dominated, after all. What Hidon couldn't understand...was how. How had Pilot gotten so much stronger than him in such a short amount of time? When they had battled before, during their initial recruitment, he had been beaten, sure...but it had been a very close battle and he had even managed to break one of the bird brain's wings. Granted, it hadn't been intentional, but still. How was the difference in their strength so great...? What was Pilot's secret...?

When the bird taunted him again, he growled weakly, but said nothing. Not even when the bird put such an emphasis on that last word. "Plumpkin." How he hated that nickname... But, what could he do? He was weak, Pilot was strong. As far as he was concerned, Pilot had the right to call him and treat him however he liked. He watched as Pilot bent down over him, looking him directly in the eyes. That prideful gaze staring down at him...how he wished he had the strength to get him to stop.

He let out a defeated sigh, tension ebbing away as the exhaustion from his injuries so far in the battle took over. There was little point in forcing Pilot to slap him silly with those wings of his until he was knocked out. "...I-I...I s-" he started...but then paused. He wasn't even really sure what made him cut off his surrender. He just...did. A few questions suddenly passed through his mind: What was he doing? He was giving up a fight? To his rival of all Pokémon? What would his dad have ever said to hear him surrender to the one he considered his rival? How could he have even begun to even /consider/ giving up to Pilot? especially when that bird was staring at him in such a cocky manner, clearly thinking that this fight was over? No...as long as he was still conscious, his fights were never over!

He suddenly clenched his right fist, the one just beneath Pilot. "...suppose you're just gonna have to make do." he suddenly growled at the Taillow. In that moment, his draconic aura flared back to life, focusing itself around his arm...and he tried to shoot himself upright, leaping up from the ground, attempting to drive his balled fist into the bird Pokémon's lower beak as hard as he could. He even tried to spin himself slightly, hoping to give his punch more...well, punch. He was attempting to deliver a sharp uppercut with his powerful Dragon Rush punch when his opponent least expected it.

Of course, if Pilot ended up avoiding the attack, he would be left largely vulnerable. This as a last-ditch effort to turn the fight around. If this attack failed...he was likely done for.

Characters
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

PostSubject: Re: Rising to the Challenge    Sun May 08, 2016 9:00 am

Energy: 0 + 10 (Oran Berry used) = 10 (Poisoned)

Raze couldn't even see Mim's reaction to the feral Exeggcute and honestly didn't care. The cute little pile of eggs had already disappeared in a frantic escape, and he didn't feel the need to try and pursue it. His lungs still had a constricting feeling and could barely keep his breathing steady and stable. He put his hands above his head in a desperate attempt to calm his racing heart and relax, but to no avail. The shock from being "attacked" by the Grass type was too much to be made up for in mere seconds. To ease the pain, the Cheering Pokémon dug through his bag and withdrew an Oran Berry. Not what it's supposed to do, but whatever! Down the hatch! he thought, chewing on the small blue berry.

Almost instantly, he could feel some strength returning to him. The pressure still remained, but it was more bearable with more of his stamina returning. Seeing nothing else could be done at the moment, he decided to look back over at the fight... only to see Pilot with Hidon pinned to the floor. "Go Pilot! Kick his sorry tail!" Raze cheered with a smirk.

Back to top Go down
Sceptile

PostSubject: Re: Rising to the Challenge    Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:00 am

Pilot bore an arrogant smirk as he basked in his glory. For the second time in a row, he had defeated his biggest rival... No, he hadn't just defeated him, he  absolutely dominated him! Hidon wasn't even able to land a single solid hit. Clearly, Pilot's rigorous training regiment had paid off; he appeared to be many, many steps ahead of his team captain. Heehee, who's the leader now, Hotshot? Pretty sure the other two are gonna look up to me instead of you... Pilot smugly thought to himself, imagining the respect that he would get from his teammates.

The bird's smile grew even wider as Hidon finally began to speak... It appeared that he was finally going to voice his surrender! As Pilot anticipated the magic word to come out of Hidon's mouth, he felt his heart racing. This was his moment!

...And then something strange happened. Pilot was so caught up in his assumed victory that he didn't quite catch what Hidon said, but... Clearly, it wasn't the surrender he had been hoping for. Before he could even react, his foe's fist had already slammed into his face, hitting him so hard that it knocked him unconscious. 

Everything went dark in an instant.

PostSubject: Re: Rising to the Challenge    Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:11 am

Hidon was quickly back on his feet again, soles planted firmly against the ground, fist still outstretched into the air. For a few brief moments, it was almost as though the world had paused; even the wind seemed to stop flowing through the trees as the arrogant Taillow was thrown back by a single, powerful blow to the jaw. It was as though the world itself had to stop and take a second look at the scene before it. But the world was not the only one. Even the Charmander that had landed the punch stood perfectly still, fist still clearly balled and held in the air, simply staring toward the Taillow that had been laid out on his back, who was no longer moving.

After a few tense moments, however, the wind began to blow again, evidenced by the rustling of leaves and a few harmless, stray embers flinging themselves from his tail. As the world began to move again, so too did the Charmander. He lowered his fist to a more natural position and watched his fallen opponent cautiously. He was rather suspicious of Pilot, and rightfully so. His opponent had dealt mighty blow after mighty blow to him, and he was still standing. But one clean punch to the Taillow's jaw and he was out like a light? Not a chance, right?

"Alright Pilot, enough with the tricks, I'm not falling for it." he grumbled, lowering himself slightly, still breathing somewhat heavily. He may have gotten that solid hit in, but he was still badly weakened from the damage he'd taken thus far. "You're just gonna wait for me to walk over and stand over you, then you're gonna get me back for that punch. You're just gonna...smack me with that wing again, or...maybe drive a talon into my gut before hopping back up and continuing the beating. So c'mon...get up already!"

Despite his words, however, the Taillow would not budge. Was he trying to stick to his bluff...? But why would he need to do that when he clearly had the advantage?

"C-C'mon, Bird Brain, you're...you're not fooling anyone!" he demanded, still to no response.

No...he...he couldn't have...could he? In one hit? Him? Against Pilot...? Still, though, every second that passed that Pilot remained immobile, he could feel his excitement slowly growing in his anticipation....

Characters
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

PostSubject: Re: Rising to the Challenge    Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:55 am

Energy: 10 (Poisoned)

The moment Pilot was struck in the face made Raze wince and try to avoid staring. The blow was perfectly timed and well executed to the point that it was surprising how Hidon had pulled it off of all Pokémon. Dang... That was kinda cool, but it sucks that I have to go with him, the Minun thought with a small frown. He intended to stay true to his word, even if it was just a silly bet with a Helioptile girl that he had just met a few minutes ago. "Uh... Pilot?" the mouse asked, letting his ears droop as he looked at Pilot with a concerned expression. That couldn't have finished the job, could it?

"Hidon, I think you actually did it! I don't even care that I lost a bet, that was great! Can you teach me how to do that? Or did I teach you during our fight at Fallen Leaf Copse? Why didn't you try that against me? C'mon, tell me everything!" he rambled. The pressure on his chest almost lifted as he continued to praise the move despite its simplicity. Raze felt almost excited for the day that Pilot could challenge him. Perhaps without a blow so lucky as the prior, he might be the most formidable opponent the Electric type could have ever met, type advantages aside. He had a feeling that the Taillow was smarter than Hidon and wouldn't go charging in head-first. "...Oh, and now we have to find a way to get him back up. You know, because we kinda need him for the mission and all."

Back to top Go down
Sceptile

PostSubject: Re: Rising to the Challenge    Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:10 pm

Pilot remained sprawled out on the grass, completely unresponsive to his teammates' speech. It became increasingly obvious that this wasn't just a charade; his expression remained a static look of shock, rather than the cheeky smirk that undoubtedly would have stretched across his face had this been a joke. It seemed that Hidon had actually managed to knock out the bird, who had been so dominant throughout the entire fight, in a single, well-placed punch.

The tiny swallow's right wing twitched slightly, as if he were teasing his teammates, despite being completely unconscious. He let out a quiet, involuntary groan in pain, and rolled over slightly to a more natural position. While one could easily misinterpret these actions as a sign that he was waking up, Pilot was still out cold.

PostSubject: Re: Rising to the Challenge    Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:54 pm

{Energy: 18 + 2 (new pages) = 20}

Raze's words snapped Hidon out of his trance-like state of mind. Still, he was hesitant to jump to any conclusions. "I-I did...?" he finally murmured after a few more seconds of staring at the fallen Taillow. "I-I mean...I-I did! O-of course I did! Haha! I can't believe it!" He paused for a moment, but then shook his head. "I-I mean...I knew I'd beat him!" He pumped his fist back into the air again, a huge grin spread on his face. He stepped over and looked down at the defeated Flying-type Pokémon, enjoying that knocked out, look of shock on his face. "Heheh...oh man, I wish I could get someone to draw this for me. This is a sight I won't for-"

At that moment, however, he noticed the swallow Pokémon's wing twitch slightly and the Charmander cut himself off. He froze in place, fearing for a moment that he had fallen for a bluff after all. Then came Pilot's groan and movement. Hidon let out an involuntary shout of surprise and jumped away, fearing a strike from the ground. Thankfully, it seemed that Pilot had just rolled over in his sleep, since his body was still lying flat. He just hoped that Raze hadn't caught that moment of embarrassment.

Hidon coughed and tried to play it off, stepping back over to the knocked out bird Pokémon. His grin quickly returned. "I got you good, bird brain. How d'you like that, huh? I told you I'd win!" At that point, he couldn't help himself. He lifted a foot upward and pressed it down on top of Pilot, pinning the small Pokémon in place and struck a pose, not unlike what Raze had struck before, with his fists balled and pressed against his waist with his arms at roughly ninety-degree angles.

At that point, Raze spoke up and caught his attention. For the duration of that fight, he had completely forgotten that they had a job that they needed to be doing at the moment. "...Oh, uh...right." he replied, nodding over to Raze. "Let's see here...." He looked back down at the bird beneath his foot. He smirked slightly and pushed with his foot, shaking his teammate while keeping the foot planted on his back. "Hey Bird Brain. As much as I love seeing you in that position, get up already. We've got work to do!"

Digizel carried out 10 launched of one Pecha Forest (Image not informed.) :
, , , , , , , , ,

Characters
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

PostSubject: Re: Rising to the Challenge    Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:04 am

Energy: 10 (Poisoned)

Though it would have been hilarious to capitalize on Hidon's flinch, Raze would have been lying if he said that it didn't make him jump back in surprise as well. Playing it off as if he was stationary, he stood up and began chuckling. "First you take some of my fighting as a lesson, and now you mirror my little pose when I beat you? Not bad. Who would have known that you'd be some kind of fan?" he stated with a sly smile. Judging from his immense pride, being called nothing more than a fan to a small electric rodent would definitely strike a nerve. "Still though, I'm not sure how we can get him up... No, wait! I've got an idea!" With that, he began fishing around in his bag until he pulled out a small tree branch, approximately three times his arm length. "Step aside and trust me: this is gonna work."

With that, he began poking the Taillow with the branch. "Hey. Hey Pilot. Hey. Wake up. Pilot. Wake up." he repeated, poking slightly harder with each word. After a few more seconds of this, he raised the stick over his head and tossed it into the bushes nearby. "Aw, man! That always worked on the sleeping stuff I used to find back home! Hmm... Maybe we can carry him? I mean, I doubt that he'd be too heavy for the both of us. As for Mim... Yeah, no clue where she went. Not the first time I've lost track of someone, but you get the idea. What about-" he continued, only to stop his sentence halfway and begin coughing. The poison had struck back hard and really took a toll on him. Feeling his movements become sluggish and his vision disorienting, it took a lot of his willpower to stop himself from swaying worse than a board at sea.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rising to the Challenge    

Back to top Go down

Rising to the Challenge
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next