Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!
Check out the Staff Recruitment thread if you are interested in becoming a staff member!

Summer Harvest Event

Want to keep up to date with site happenings? Here's the June News Thread!

Share | 

Rising to the Challenge

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Digizel

Poké : 860

PostSubject: Rising to the Challenge    Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:15 am

Mission:

{Energy: 23 - 5 (entry) = 18}

Hidon bore a grin as he stepped into the trees of the familiar Pecha Forest. He had been here plenty of times before in the past for training and gathering supplies for himself, of course. But now that he had finally rounded up his team and both members had spent some extra time training and preparing themselves for their first outing...it was time. And Hidon could not hold back his excitement. At long last, he had formed his own team at the Grassveil Guild. Sure, his partner wasn't exactly a perfect teammate, but the two would definitely keep pushing each other to be the best that they could be, to never lose out to the other. And now, they were ready to see the results of their recent training. It was time to go on their first adventure together as a team.

The two had previously agreed on which mission to take for themselves, and when they were going to actually go out and accomplish it. They would give each other plenty of time to train and prepare. And now, the day was finally here. so, Hidon had taken the time to drop by the Guild's bulletin boards, take the mission for his team, and immediately make his way down to the forest. The two had agreed to meet near the entrance, but still inside the forest.

Hidon soon found himself in a clearing and he nodded to himself. This would be the easiest place for his teammate to find him; he was out in the open and it would be pretty easy to spot from the air, more than likely. He set the bag that the Guild had given him onto the ground and allowed himself to lean up against a nearby tree. Now, all he had to was wait for that Taillow to show up. Until then, he began to think about when the two of them had first met and that first battle that they'd shared. Back then, Pilot had managed to beat him (with the assistance of some stupid trees of course)...and now, he was going to get the chance to prove that that win had just been nothing more than a fluke.

The Charmander grinned in excitement, looking to the sky to see any sigh of that familiar Taillow plumage. As soon as they appeared, showed up, then the fun could finally begin.

Characters

Last edited by Digizel on Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://pkmndn2.proboards.com/
Sceptile

Poké : 3810

PostSubject: Re: Rising to the Challenge    Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:46 am

[Energy: 23 - 5 (Entrance Cost) = 18]
[Exclusive Item: White Silk (Reduces cost of every other Pokemon rolled by 1)]

Pilot flew over the Pecha Forest, trying to locate Hidon through the dense foliage. It took him a while, but after several minutes, the bird (finally) managed to spot a familiar orange shape in a clearing. There he is! Well, here goes nothing, He excitedly thought, swooping down to the ground after doing a flashy loop in the air. Our first mission! This is gonna be awesome! Hopefully those two 'mons I recruited actually show up... Speaking of that, I don't think I ever told Hidon that they were coming. I wonder how he'll react... The Taillow pondered, somehow knowing that his lizard partner wouldn't be happy. Not that he really cared about how his "leader" felt.

"Hey, hotshot," Pilot greeted the Charmander as he landed on the ground. "You ready for this? Here's where all of our training pays off..." The Taillow trailed, thinking back to the past few days. Between his adventures with Mim, Raze, and many others, he felt that he was more than prepared to fight that outlaw. Hidon had probably trained just as much as he had. This should be a cakewalk, especially if I could find Raze and Mim...

Last edited by SilverScepter on Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed energy calculation)
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

Poké : 4490

PostSubject: Re: Rising to the Challenge    Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:30 am

Energy: 25 - 5 (entrance fee) = 20

All of his training the past few weeks led up to this moment; the day that he was allowed to tag along with a real guild team. Raze could barely contain his excitement as he leaned on a tree, a genuinely happy expression visible on his face. From his favorite training spot in the afternoons of Fallen Leaf Copse to his personal hell on earth Shadowhue Forest, he'd traversed some strange areas around Grassveil. In an instant, he was lost in a daydream of traveling to faraway lands like his sibling and sparring with many different Pokémon and exploring many different areas. Sis, just you wait! Someday, you'll hear about my legacy all the way over to where you are now! The Minun was so absorbed in his delusion that he almost didn't notice Pilot flying ahead of him.

Oh god, what should I do? Run over there and say hi? Play it cool and just ignore them, let them notice me? I have no idea what to do, I should've planned this! I- Wait. Why am I panicking? he continued to think, nervous out of his mind. This was his chance to learn firsthand how a guild team works. After a few more seconds of debating, Raze settled on just saying hello from a distance. "Hey, Pilot!" the mouse shouted, waving over to the bird and his companion, whose species he could not tell at the moment. As far as his eyesight would allow, all he could tell was that he was red and a little bit taller than him. Don't know anyone like that... Or do I? I forget, who cares? I'll learn it maybe.

{Hint: Click on each character to listen to their battle theme. The Substitute Doll may provide a theme of a character I have planned! Be sure to check it in case you want to know what I'm planning next!}
Back to top Go down
Digizel

PostSubject: Re: Rising to the Challenge    Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:17 am

Hidon stood, leaning up against that same tree, and imagining how this mission was going to go down several times in his head. On top of that, he couldn't help but picture Pilot down on the ground, having been stomped flat while he stood over him, victorious. The thought caused his grin to widen. He couldn't wait to finally show Pilot up this time. But when the Taillow finally showed himself up in the sky above his head, he quickly wiped that stupid look off of his face and turned his expression back to his typical, overconfident smirk. He certainly didn't want the Taillow to have any reason to believe that he might have been fantasizing about kicking his tail feathers all over this clearing at all.

"Are you kidding me?" Hidon asked, his smirk becoming a grin once again. "I've been waiting and training for this for days! I'm more than ready to take on anything that comes our way. I'm psyched and ready to fight! Bring on any little bird that thinks they can take me, I'll stomp 'em all!" Of course, he was thinking about the Pidgey that was mentioned on the mission sheet he'd grabbed earlier. He didn't even pause to consider the fact that Pilot was a small bird as well. Not that he was afraid of losing to him again or anything.

But then, before Pilot could react to his words, there was an unexpected noise. Another voice cut through the air, dragging Hidon's attention from the Taillow to the yellow Pokémon across the clearing. He watched as the mouse Pokémon shouted and waved at Pilot. This new Pokémon definitel knew his winged companion...but just how was that? "And...who's the half pint?" he asked, but then paused when those words left his mouth. Half Pint? A yellow mouse Pokémon with blue tips?

And then, it hit him like a Teddiursa's Façade attack. he spun back around to look at the distant Pokémon, eyes widening in shock. It was but a moment later, though, when his shock turned to a glare. "Y-you!" he exclaimed, pointing accusingly at the Minun. "You're that Electric rat half pint that fed me those uppercuts! What the hell are YOU doing here!?"

Characters
Back to top Go down
Sceptile

PostSubject: Re: Rising to the Challenge    Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:24 am

[Energy: 18 + 15 (Mild Poffins) = 33]
As a note, this also raises his energy for future explorations by 15.

"Hey, Pilot!"

The Taillow swung around upon hearing his name, immediately recognizing the familiar voice. It was the Minun he had met at Pecha Forest, right? Upon actually seeing the Pokemon, however, he wasn't entirely sure that this was the case. While the Pokemon certainly was a Minun, he had strange coloration, bearing a dark shade of grey in place of the typical blue that would be on his ears, cheeks, arms, and tail. But if it wasn't Raze, then how did he know his name? Pilot tilted his head, confused. Maybe that is him, but he dyed himself... That's a really weird color to go with, though.

Pilot was about to respond to the Minun when Hidon began shouting. Apparently, his partner had also had prior experience with the Pokemon... He couldn't help but cackle when he realized that the fiery lizard seemed to have lost yet another fight while training for the mission. Clearly entertained by the situation (what are the odds?), the Taillow sat back and ate the Mild Poffins he had just bought, a wide smirk on his beak.

PostSubject: Re: Rising to the Challenge    Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:13 am

Energy: 20

Raze sprinted over towards Pilot and his unknown companion. However, for some odd reason, the Charmander that Pilot was with... was mad at him? "Um... Do I know you? You seem familiar, but I just can't put my finger on it..." he trailed off, studying Pilot's partner. Having completely forgotten their run-in at Fallen Leaf Copse, he was left wondering who he was and where he'd met him. "Whatever, guess you're just recognizable. Name's Raze, and you are...?" At least by now, the dye he had bought had settled and become permanent. There was always the option to remove it, but why would he want to? It's not like he had much to represent with his natural colors, anyways. Besides, it's a cool color. I'm happy with it! the Minun thought with a smile.

He turned to Pilot with a confused expression on his face. "Pilot, you are going to introduce me to your partner, right? All he's concerned about right now is that I somehow punched him in the face." he explained. Raze punched Pokémon in the face on a daily basis; why would he remember a specific one? Had he somehow beaten this particular Charmander somewhere before? If so, why was he taking it this seriously and having that be the most prominent detail? Wouldn't it make more sense to accuse him of a stronger attack, like Spark or Discharge? The questions formed at an alarming speed, leaving him with not a clue as to the identity of the stranger.

{Hint: Click on each character to listen to their battle theme. The Substitute Doll may provide a theme of a character I have planned! Be sure to check it in case you want to know what I'm planning next!}
Back to top Go down
Digizel

PostSubject: Re: Rising to the Challenge    Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:36 am

Hidon glared over at Pilot when he heard that all-too-familiar cackling sound. He had momentarily forgotten that the Taillow had been standing right there, in full earshot of his exclamation. Well...he supposed he couldn't have hidden it anyway, even if he'd wanted to. Still, that cocky look on the bird's face while he snacked on...something was already enough to cause him to blush slightly in embarrassment. However, he shook it off quickly enough, turning to look back at the Minun, who was now starting to grow closer. And now he could get a better look at the Electric-type Pokémon's body. And for a moment, he was taken aback and he doubted his claim. After all, the Minun he knew was definitely not sporting a darker color scheme where the bright blue coloration should be.

But then, there it was. Raze's voice cut through the air. He recognized it immediately as the same voice that had thrown all of those taunts his way during their struggles in the Fallen Leaf Copse. But what really threw him for a loop was what the Minun was actually saying. Apparently, the Cheering Pokémon did not even so much as remember anything about him. This completely shocked him, even to the point where his jaw actually dropped for a moment, though he did recover quickly.

"Y-you're kidding, right?" Hidon said unenthusiastically. However, he could tell from the look on Raze's face that he was being completely serious. "Y-you've GOT to be kidding me. It's me, Hidon! How the hell can you possibly forget battling a Charmander!?" And at that point, his frustration began to take hold. "The Copse!? You uppercutted me!? That Teddiursa and that stupid flying ghost stump thing, REMEMBER!?" he was tempted to give the Minun something to jog his memory: a Dragon Rush punch to the face. But he wanted to wait on that, to see if Raze actually did ended up remembering him in the end after all.

Characters
Back to top Go down
Sceptile

PostSubject: Re: Rising to the Challenge    Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:12 am

"Heehee, maybe he'd have an easier time recognizing you if you were flat on your ass," Pilot suggested, still chewing his food. The thought of Hidon on the ground, completely defeated, made him smile. I wish I was there to see that, The bird thought, trying to imagine how the confrontation between Raze and Hidon had gone down. Had that tiny mouse Pokemon, one of the few out there that was almost as small as him, really clocked him in the face? Somehow, this made him respect the Minun just a little bit more. He's gonna be a good partner, Pilot thought, believing that Hidon would eventually accept Raze onto the team despite their previous history. After all, he had been accepted onto the team after beating the fiery lizard as well.

The way that Hidon was starting to get heated amused Pilot even more. To be honest, the Charmander was simply too easy to piss off for his own good. The bird could tell that being on a team with the hotheaded lizard was going to be interesting... And if Raze found his way in too, things would be simply hilarious. He could imagine every mission turning into a game of "who can irritate Hidon the most?"

PostSubject: Re: Rising to the Challenge    Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:40 am

The Minun preferred not to comment on Pilot's interjection. Sure, maybe a fight could jog his memory, but was now really the time for it? "Heh, maybe not now, Pilot. You said something about a mission today, right? Perhaps we could settle that first, then I can beat him?" Raze said with a smirk. He said each word in a way that implied that he had beaten the Charmander and to taunt his rival. Maybe I dodged a bullet there...? Not sure. Hopefully I don't have to; still a little sore from yesterday. he noted, tightening the Joy Cape tied around his neck. Though he was still a bit lost as to the identity of the Charmander, it seemed like he couldn't take a little taunting. This gave him a great idea, just to pick on him a little.

"Besides; what would harming an innocent little boy make me? Sis always told me to never hit children." he said sarcastically, hoping to drive the point home that he was down for a fight after the mission if he really wanted to. Realizing he was getting off-topic, he brought the conversation back to the point. "Okay, so there's an outlaw Pidgey in Pecha Forest. Seems easy enough, just have to give him a little shock and he's out!"

Back to top Go down
Digizel

PostSubject: Re: Rising to the Challenge    Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:28 pm

Hidon growled, glaring at the Taillow once again. Once more, Pilot had jumped in at the perfect opportunity to drop an insult at him. He opened his mouth quickly to form a retort, but was stopped when the Minun beat him to it. And unfortunately, not in the way he had hoped. His attention was once more grabbed by Raze, and a scowl appeared on his face. "Y-you...! You beat me last time, but it was only 'cause you got lucky!" He quickly realized just how that statement could be taken as merely the common quote of a sore loser, however, and immediately chose to be more specific. "I-I mean, the only reason you beat me last time was 'cause that Discharge paralyzed me, remember!? And I'm even stronger now than I was back then, so you won't stand a chance if we fight again!"

But what really got to him was when the Minun called him a mere child. That caused him to blush in embarrassment, his face turning quite red. "A-and don't call me a kid! The name's Hidon, and I'm going to be the strongest Pokémon that this world's ever-wait, what was that?" He had just now caught onto the fact that the Minun had mentioned the very same mission he had picked out for Pilot and himself. Now, he wasn't the smartest Charmander to ever exist, but he could certainly put two and two together to make the new teammate.

"Pilot!" he growled, turning to the Taillow again. "What the hell is this about? Why did you invite someone else to come along? This was supposed to be our first outing as a team! We weren't supposed to have any other teams or anybody not in the guild with us! I thought we were just gonna do this between us!?" Truthfully, he wasn't particularly upset with Pilot for this, but there was still plenty of leftover anger leaking into his words from the two's taunting. "I oughta slam that beak of yours into a tree for doing that without the team leader's permission!"

Characters
Back to top Go down
Sceptile

PostSubject: Re: Rising to the Challenge    Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:45 pm

Pilot grinned, trying his best to refrain from bursting out into laughter. Hidon's reaction to him recruiting new members was understandable, but still comical nonetheless. Oh, and now he's pulling the "team leader" card? As if he has any authority over me... Especially after he lost that battle, The bird thought to himself, still proud of his victory over his supposed superior. "Let's be honest, you couldn't do that if you tried," The Taillow taunted, knowing full well that he might be instigating a pre-mission fight. "You still remember what happened the last time we battled, right, Hotshot? You got your ass kicked. What makes you think this time would be any different?" He challenged, wiping a crumb from his face. After eating those Mild Poffins, he felt... stronger. If he could beat Hidon last time, there was no reason that this time would be any different.

Something else lingered in Pilot's mind, though. Where was Mim? Had she decided not to come, or were his directions not specific enough? He hadn't really told her where in Pecha Forest that they would meet, and given how large the dungeon was, the little Helioptile could've been miles away. Regardless, Pilot knew that Hidon would get even angrier if she ever showed up.

PostSubject: Re: Rising to the Challenge    Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:42 am

Everything came back to him, from the incident on the stones to the moments of peace at the end. "Wait, you're that Hidon? The one that was hugging the stones? Haha, oh, that was the best! How've you been, icing that jaw of yours still?" he said in a manner that implies his regret of it yet showing humor. It was an interesting moment, to say the least. The Fire type was busy spouting off about him being the leader of the team and was cut off by a punch that would most likely stick around as a joke for a while. I'm just hoping he doesn't mention that Phantump. If I don't keep that little punch to just the three of us... Raze shuddered, not wanting to find out what would happen. Sure, his Dragon Rushes were predictable and easy to dodge, but they stung like Beedrills.

He was glad that Hidon had reverted his attention back to Pilot. Speaking of Pilot, I still need to fight him. I'm sure he would accept, he seems like the type to come at me regardless of types. Raze thought optimistically. Of course, there was still the mission to attend to. So long as the Pidgey was taken out efficiently, they possibly could have time for battles. "Well, now that that's settled, should we get a move on? Every second we spend talking is one less that we have to find the outlaw!" With that, he adjusted his bag, tightened his Joy Cape, and prepared to set off in search.

Back to top Go down
Digizel

PostSubject: Re: Rising to the Challenge    Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:07 am

"Oh couldn't I?" Hidon growled back at Pilot. His scowl deepened. Clearly, Pilot was pushing all of the right buttons to tick him off. "Yeah, I remember what happened last time. I remember you got lucky 'cause I ended up hitting that one stupid tree that was in the way! But not this time. No, this time I'm not gonna let some stupid tree stop me from smacking you around and stomping you flat this time." He smirked at that, glad to have that thought in his head. Last time, he was the one getting stepped on. But this time, it'd be his foot planted on that Taillow's body. Maybe it wasn't the smartest idea to be getting caught up in a fight just before their very first mission, but he couldn't help himself. Every time he was around Pilot, he wanted to prove himself....

He glanced over at Raze when he heard that the Minun's memory seemed to have come back to him regarding their meeting at the Copse. He was glad that he could finally remember him, but that was secondary at this point. He didn't like the taunts he was getting from him either, but he was more focused on Pilot at the moment. Once he was done with him, he could start focusing on Raze again. Plus, he wanted to start talking again before Pilot got the opportunity to laugh about the fact that he'd been "hugging the stones."

"In fact," Hidon quickly continued. "I'm willing to bet you anything that if we had a rematch, I'd stomp you flat." He didn't seem to even notice that Raze was still talking. In fact, all thoughts about the mission that the three of them were on had been thrown out of his head at the moment.

Characters
Back to top Go down
Sceptile

PostSubject: Re: Rising to the Challenge    Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:44 am

"Oh yeah?" Pilot asked, smirking as a brilliant (and unbeknownst to him, potentially disastrous) idea popped into his head. "Alright then, Hidon. How about this? The loser has to dye themselves pink~!" The bird chirped, already giddy with excitement. He knew that Hidon was too prideful to turn down the bet, and with the boosts from his Mild Poffins, the battle was going to be a cakewalk. Heh, I bet Plumpkin there is gonna look great in that pink! He's gonna be so humiliated, it'll be great! That might shut him up for a while...

By now, all of Pilot's outside thoughts about Mim and the mission, along with Raze's chattering, were completely tuned out of his head. He was focused on Hidon and Hidon only. "So, whaddaya say, Hotshot?" He asked, a sly grin forming on his beak.

PostSubject: Re: Rising to the Challenge    Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:20 am

Yes, I'm being ignored! Saves me the talking! he thought gleefully, deciding to shut up after he finished and just watch all of this play out. Apparently, Hidon and Pilot got into a little argument and decided to forget the mission at hand and bicker. I could ditch them and do it myself... Nah, this is too good to miss. Besides, I want to see what Pilot is capable of if they do end up sparring right now! Raze thought, sitting down and letting his bag fall to the floor. Just then, something caught his ear: the loser had to be dyed pink.

"Whichever one of you loses, I could take you over to Dandy's. Not because I feel sorry for you, just so I can laugh when you're getting dyed. It's permanent, right?" the Minun said. A permanent dye would last much longer for posterity anyways. Plus, if it became a problem or got old, the dye can always be removed or layered on top of. Time to see what Pilot is really capable of... Or Hidon too, I guess. Not quite sure who would win this one, to be honest... the Electric type thought, trying to find out who he would really cheer for. Hidon had a devastatingly powerful attack and his natural resilience, yet Pilot had the advantages of flight, speed, and overall awareness and intellect. Seeing as it could really go either way with these two, Raze nodded and settled on staying impartial until one really prevailed over the other.

MCLikeANinja carried out 10 launched of one Pecha Forest (Image not informed.) :
, , , , , , , , , 53

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rising to the Challenge    

Back to top Go down

Rising to the Challenge
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next