Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

An Afternoon Showdown

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

Poké : 4490

An Afternoon Showdown - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: An Afternoon Showdown   An Afternoon Showdown - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 2:55 am

First topic message reminder :

Energy: 23 - 11 (entrance fee) = 12

Equipped Item: Defense Scarf

After stopping by Dandy's Boutique to pick up his brand new scarf, tied cape-style around his neck, Raze was jumping from stone to stone to reach the island inside of Fallen Leaf Copse. Considering the amount of excitement based around his explorations around Grassveil, he had never had any time to battle another civilized Pokémon. All of his battles inside dungeons had been with ferals, but most were mindless and posed almost no threat. Maybe there's someone who comes out here at this time, I guess they'd be up for a little battle... he thought, reaching the end of the stepping stones.

Leaves fell around like a barrage of green, yellow, and brown. The soft breeze rustled them, however, once they hit the floor. Letting his bag drop to the floor, the Minun stretched and looked over the lake. The peaceful scene acted like preparation for him as he got ready to look for someone to fight. The electricity already began to charge up at a slow, leisurely pace. Heh, and this time, I'm not losing without a struggle!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Digizel

Digizel

Poké : 860

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon Showdown   An Afternoon Showdown - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 7:09 am

{Energy: 10 - 12 (Pokémon + Defense Scarf) - 2 (items) = 0}

Hidon had to pause at the electric mouse Pokémon's words. Wait...always wanted to fight somebody that tried? What was that supposed to mean? Was that an insult, a fancy way to call him weak? He scowled at the thought. Judging by the Cheering Pokémon's teasing tone, he could only come to the conclusion that that must be the case. And if that's how things were, he was going to have to kick it up another notch. Yeah...no more Mr. Nice Charmander! Now that his limbs were no longer locked up, he began to reach upward, seeking to grab hold of Raze's foot in an attempt to lift it up and off of his stomach. If Raze had truly wanted to strike at him and get right inside his mind...he had definitely succeeded. The Charmander felt his temper beginning to rise...and he was ready to turn this fight back around again!

But before his claws could even so much as touch Raze, he stopped as well. Raze had stopped his victory pose and was now looking intently around them. "W-wait, what d'you mean more than me...?" he inquired. Clearly, he had not picked up on these strange thuds at first. But as the sounds drew nearer, even he could start to hear it. "W-wait...what even is that...?" he muttered. A moment later, the Minun's foot was lifted off of his stomach, and he was offered a Helping Hand back up and onto his feet again. He could feel some of his energy return, but the paralysis could still be felt. However, when Raze spoke up again, Hidon glared at him. "You did NOT just take me down!" he growled. "I was about to...oh forget it." He then let out a sigh and turned back around. "Oh, what're you so afraid of? I'll take on any Pokémon that comes our way! And then I'll-!"

Just as Hidon let that out, the autumn shrubbery before him suddenly exploded in a shower of red, brown and orange leaves! Hidon cried out in surprise, shielding his eyes from the flying dirt and leaves. But that was not the only thing he had to dodge. "AH!" he exclaimed, diving to the side and just narrowly missing a Sawsbuck, who had apparently been charging straight through the brush. Its horns had been pointed downward, as though in a battle position. It...it had just charged him! Out of nowhere! Did that mean that this Pokémon was an enemy feral Pokémon...? Who else would try to run him down like that?

"H-hey hey, what's the big idea, you punk!?" Hidon growled angrily, though not expecting any kind of response. After all, this Pokémon was more than likely just feral and would turn to attack him again soon. "If you're looking to pick a fight, then go ahead and come at-"

"I'm sorry," came a deep voice from the Sawsbuck. "I didn't think there would be other Pokémon in the area. I was just charging through to make way for my family."

At that moment, three other Pokémon emerged from the shrubbery. There was another Sawsbuck in the back, with two small Deerling in the front. The two Deerling seemed almost...afraid of something, with the second Sawbuck tending to them and continuously coaxing them forward.

Hidon was simply stunned. He had certainly not expected this turn of events. So...what was he supposed to do now? Just...let the Sawsbuck go? But could he do that after it had just almost bashed him with his horns and trampled him like that? for all he knew, this deer Pokémon could just be making that up since he had ended up missing the target. If what they were saying was true, though...why were they in such a rush, exactly...?

{Hidon status: Paralyzed}
Back to top Go down
http://pkmndn2.proboards.com/
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon Showdown   An Afternoon Showdown - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 4:30 am

Energy: 5

"Hehe, sorry about that, sir! My buddy here's got anger issues, he's still mad that I beat him." he said with a smile, remembering his manners. Of course, he couldn't give up a chance to throw in a subtle taunt, but he was generally concerned for the Sawsbuck. If his claim was true and he was clearing a path for his family, Raze wasn't about to just let him past without giving him a hand. I think it's really bold how he just took charge and stuff like that... the Minun thought, giving a small smile. Even though it reminded him once again of... certain things back home... he ignored the wandering thought and continued.

"What, might I ask, are you trying to rush for? Haven't seen much around here other than leaves." Raze asked. To him, it didn't matter what he and the Charmander would have to do, he would gladly take up the challenge. That, and the stares from his family were getting to him. Enough effort was already put into not meeting their gazes as he stood there, puffing his chest a little bit for looks.
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon Showdown   An Afternoon Showdown - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 9:12 am

"H-hey, I do NOT have an anger problem!" he growled furiously at Minun. Geez, they'd barely known each other for three minutes and the guy is already talking trash about him. And they hadn't even parted ways yet! A-and our fight's not even over yet! Y-you didn't beat me!"

The Sawbuck turned his attention from the Charmander to the Minun not far away when the smaller Pokémon began speaking again. He let out a small breath that he hadn't realized he'd been holding onto. So, it seemed like these two were not going to bar their exit after all. That was good. The less time they spent fighting with enemy Pokémon, the better. He shot a quick glance toward Hidon when the Minun mentioned him having anger issues. Well, hopefully almost trampling him on accident wouldn't be enough to incite a battle here. After all, they still had to get away from-

Rustle, rustle came a sound from the bushes.

"...It seems like our time is shorter than I had expected," the Sawsbuck murmured. He then looked back at the other three deer Pokémon nearby. "Come, we have to keep on our way!" As he spoke, the three Pokémon looked toward him and nodded, making their way over as well. As they approached, the male Sawsbuck stepped closer to Raze. "We are being chased by a monster...I can't match its power...so we have no choice but to flee." He looked the much smaller Pokémon up and down, sizing him up and taking that prideful posture into consideration. "Please, I know it is not fair of me to ask this of a stranger...but please keep it busy if you can, and buy my family some time to find a place to hide. We no longer have much, but please, take these as compensation." With that, he pulled out a few small trinkets. There was nothing spectacular in the small pile. Three oddly-colored leaves, colored purple blue and green respectively as well as a scarf of some kind.

Hidon raised a brow at the Sawsbuck's behavior. A monster...? Through the trees? The Charmander turned to look back in the direction that they'd heard the rustling in. How could a monster live here and go unnoticed? He'd certainly heard nothing of the sort. He grinned slightly at the thought, though. What if they fought this strange monster and brought it back to town or something? Would he be recognized for his skills then? "A monster, huh?" he asked. "Don't you worry about a thing. I'm sure we can take care of it. I mean...after all, you've got someone like me handling it." He then began to let out a laugh, puffing his chest out pridefully...trying to ignore the paralysis still handicapping his battle capabilities.

{Hidon status: Paralyzed}
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon Showdown   An Afternoon Showdown - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 3:15 am

Energy: 5

Raze didn't even need compensation for what he was about to do. But, of course, he took it anyways as not to spear ungrateful to the Sawsbuck. "It'll be our pleasure, sir. You might want to go now, we'll take care of it, right?" he said, his voice dripping with confidence as he took the items and tossed two of the leaves to the Charmander whilst keeping the scarf to himself. "So, where is this-" the Minun began, but was cut off by a rustling noise from where the family had come.

"Well, speak of the devil... Alright. You'd all better get a move on, things are gonna get messy fast..." he trailed off, looking away and allowing sparks to gather around him. The rustling noise that they were all alerted to became louder and more violent than ever. Heh, hope you're feeling lucky, monster! the mouse thought, but stopped once the figure approached the clearing and almost face palmed.

This so-called "monster" was a Teddiursa. Of all things, a Teddiursa had driven the Sawsbuck away.
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon Showdown   An Afternoon Showdown - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 6:24 am

The Sawsbuck nodded as Raze accepted his offering and began to reassure him. He had to admit that this complete stranger was rather confident for somebody so small. But he had already learned his lesson about underestimating based on size at this point, so he decided not to vocalize his uncertainty. "Right, we will get moving right away," he replied with a firm nod. He then turned to his family and nodded to them, jerking his head to indicate that they were leaving. Before they could move anywhere, though, the rustling grew louder and more violent, indicating that the beast was approaching even more quickly than he had expected. Darn...he had spent far too long here! He had just gotten some decent distance between the two, too....

Hidon raised a brow as Raze was handed some small supplies and picked out which things he wanted to hand over. Wait a minute, when had he ever agreed to help fight off this monster, anyway? And on top of that, two leaves!? There were literally an abundance of leaves falling all around them! Why in the world was he being given leaves as payment for saving a family!? He could understand having nothing as payment, but this? This was just weird.... Well, whatever. He had them, he may as well keep them. Although he did shoot Raze an accusatory glare when he realized that the Minun had kept a scarf for himself. "Ah well," he muttered aloud. "I don't really care about this stuff. I'd've done it for nothing." He flashed the two Deerling a wide, confident grin beore. "And don't you guys worry about a thing! I'll handle this big, bad monster for you!"

A moment later, however, he had to stop and stare. The creature had emerged from the shrubbery, revealing its true form. The Charmander had expected something about two to five times his size, with large claws or fangs. He had expected something strong and threatening. He had not expected this "monster" to turn out to be a small teddy bear roughly his size. And for a moment, he wasn't sure how to take the reveal. But he quickly figured out what he wanted to do....

"Pffft.... BWAHAH!" he laughed, falling into a sudden fit of laughter. He pointed in the bear cub Pokémon, laughter not dying down even slightly. "Th-th-THIS is your big, bad monster!?" he exclaimed. "Th-this is a joke right? Haha! I mean geez, what's he doing, stealing all your honey!?" And with that, he broke into yet another fit of laughter, actually falling onto his back for a short while before getting back up again. He wasn't sure why he found this as funny as he did. Part of it was probably just pure shock at the difference between what his expectations and reality.

However, he wasn't laughing for long. His laughter was soon interrupted as a hoof came crashing into his jaw from seemingly out of nowhere. One of the Deerling children had utilized its Camouflage move while nobody had been paying attention and stepped toward him. It had then reared up and jumped, slamming its hind legs in a kick-uppercut fashion.

"NGH!" Hidon sudden exclaimed in pain, getting kicked cleanly up into the air. His body made an almost perfect arc in the air before landing hard on the ground on his back.

"D-don't laugh at this!" the Deerling growled at Hidon. "Th-that thing's too strong for even Dad to take on, so don't go laughing like it's a joke! My dad was getting beat up by that thing!"

Hidon was silent in response, clearly not laughing anymore...but making none of his typical angry responses. He simply allowed the Deerling to speak.

"..D-Danny, forget about it. They are helping us, we shouldn't make things harder for them." the father Sawsbuck murmured lowly.
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon Showdown   An Afternoon Showdown - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 7:39 am

{OOC: Since I'm apparently RPing for the Teddiursa, I'll do 3 paragraphs to fit everything in. That, and maybe I'll finish up my Energy for some rolls...}

Energy: 5 + 1 (forgot the new page ;-;) = 6

The Deerling had a right to act out in such a way. "He actually had a point, lizard. That was uncalled for." he said with a slight mocking tone. Raze couldn't blame Danny, as his father called him, for striking his Charmander companion. Who just sits there and listens to someone be insulted? Even on the off chance he didn't know that was the reason, the Electric type shot a look at the Charmander. After all, it isn't insult to injury if he was the one who brought it upon himself.

"Great, I'm a hypocrite now... Even I'm not sure how a Teddiursa could beat a Sawsbuck..." he muttered under his breath, keeping quiet enough as to not be heard. Feeling a twinge of pity for the attacker, he let loose a Thunder Wave at the growling bear cub. "This one's mine, watch and learn!" the Minun shouted, advancing on the feral once the paralyzing signal hit its mark. But, to his surprise, it smirked at him and began to charge on his own. As Raze and the Teddiursa came close, both let out a Discharge and a Façade respectively. Like usual, the Discharge did some decent work, but he was the one feeling the most pain after one hit. The mouse bent over and clutched his stomach which had taken the blunt of the hit.

B-But... It's not supposed to be that fast, even if paralysis didn't take effect! he thought in disbelief and pain. Plus, with the Façade dealing extra damage, this was a rude awakening. As soon as Raze looked up again, the Teddiursa capitalized and gave him a hard uppercut to the chin. The blow caused the Minun to stagger backwards to regain his balance and create some distance between him and the bear. "You know, this does require both of us to be working together, right?! Any plans would be fantastic right about now!" he called over to the Charmander. Whatever ability the Teddiursa had to make it faster with paralysis made it a dangerous enemy, even more than it was before.

MCLikeANinja carried out 6 launched of one Fallen Leaf Copse :
An Afternoon Showdown - Page 2 7R7f359 , An Afternoon Showdown - Page 2 W276IIx , An Afternoon Showdown - Page 2 PopjRW4 , An Afternoon Showdown - Page 2 FqVa6kA , An Afternoon Showdown - Page 2 KFxqTKX , An Afternoon Showdown - Page 2 W276IIx
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon Showdown   An Afternoon Showdown - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 5:16 pm

{Haha. Yo're not the only one who forgot the energy. xD

Energy: 0+1 (new page) = 1}

Hidon did not talk back to the Deerling. He knew that he Deerling was right. He really shouldn't have laughed like that. But he just couldn't help himself! This little Teddiursa was enough to beat that large Sawsbuck? Merely imagining the Teddiursa lifting the Sawsbuck victoriously over his head was enough to really render him amused. "...Yeah," Hidon admitted simply, pushing himself back up to his feet at last. "Sorry." He rubbed his jaw; the Deerling had a pretty solid kick. If they weren't currently in another situation, he'd actually like to battle this Danny guy. But as it was, he was here to help them with the Teddiursa. Although...given how Raze had had him pinned down so quickly in their own battle, would the Minun really need his help at all...?

Hidon turned his attention from the Deerling to the Teddiursa. Raze had just called out to him, telling him that this bear cub Pokémon was all his. Well, that was fine with him. He had his doubts that a Teddiursa like this would be a very tough opponent anyway. And he wasn't interested in beating up baby bears. He only took on fights against people assaulting his pride or that would be a genuine challenge. And he had his doubts that this guy would fill that role. So, why not just leave it to the Minun? Besides, if it turned out that the Teddiursa was stronger than he looked and managed to knock Raze down, he could just laugh about it later. Apparently, the Minun had already managed to connect his Thunder Wave. This fight was just about over, then, anyway. There's no way a paralyzed Teddiursa could-

Hidon's eyes suddenly widened when the Minun and the Teddiursa exchanged their blows. However, the exchange was not what the Charmander had been expecting. Not only had the Teddiursa managed to just take Raze's Discharge, but the Thunder Wave did not seem to slow it down. Rather, it actually charged forward at a shocking speed! What kind of Pokémon was this!? How could it be that strong and fast!?

"I tried to warn you," the male Sawsbuck stated. "Now, Danny, Ally, let's go. Quickly." he stated. The other Sawsbuck and Deerling started making their way over. Meanwhile, Danny couldn't help but mutter, "Told you so," just low enough for only Hidon to hear, before turning and walking toward his father. And then together, the family began to make their escape, using the two Pokémon as a distraction. "Thank you again for your help. Good luck," he said before starting to resume his escape.

Hidon glanced at the Deerling when he spoke, but quickly turned his gaze back to the fight at hand. "Working together, huh?" Hidon muttered, stepping forward again. "Heh...I don't think so. It's time for you to sit back, watch and learn. Hey, you!" he called out to the Teddiursa. "I guess you're stronger than you look. In that case...." As he spoke, he pulled something out. This one was a small, round, red berry with a spiral tem. He popped the Cheri Berry into his mouth, quickly swallowing it. In mere moments, he could feel his body relaxing again, no longer locking him up or slowing him down.

"...I'll be your opponent," he said, trying to look and sound as cool as possible.

{-1 Cheri Berry
Hidon status: Healthy}
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon Showdown   An Afternoon Showdown - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 3:48 am

Energy: 6 - 13 (rolls' results) + 2 (Defense Scarf) = 0

After regaining his bearings, the Minun let his bag drop to the floor as he sat down to cope with what just happened. Luckily, the Charmander caught the hint and bought him some time. The Teddiursa managed to knock him back with just two simple attacks, leaving him shocked and disoriented. H-How is this possible...? Am I... just not strong enough? he thought, speechless. Raze had the nagging feeling that perhaps something he had done had made the Teddiursa a bigger problem, but couldn't figure it out. His ignorance to Quick Feet remained intact as he watched the battle that was about to begin.

The Teddiursa smirked at his opponent. Because of how the Electric type had foolishly boosted his agility, it had nothing to fear and was confident in its abilities to defeat his partner. "Hey, lizard! Be careful with this one, he's fast and powerful!" he shouted to the Charmander. Knowing what Façade did, he at least recognized his first mistake with the Thunder Wave attempt. The Minun made a mental note to apologize for that, but didn't want to get on his companion's bad side during the battle.
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon Showdown   An Afternoon Showdown - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 4:27 am

Hidon looked back at Raze as the Minun backed off, taking this time to recover. He wasn't really sure what was going on. As much as he'd love to make fun of Raze's skill or strength...he couldn't. After all, the Minun had just gotten done laying him out flat on his back about a minute ago. So in other words, the two of them were roughly on the same level of strength. But if that was the case, then why was he having such a tough time fighting one little Teddiursa? He had noticed that the little guy was pretty fast, seeing how quickly he was moving despite being paralyzed, but how could he be THAT powerful too? He had really thrown the Minun for a loop, when his own Dragon Rush had barely knocked him over?

When the Minun called out to him, he turned back to look at the rodent for a moment before looking back. Fast and powerful...? How was something like that possible? He had always been under the impression that a fighter was either powerful, either on offense or defense, or really fast. How could this guy be both without using something like Dragon Dance or Swords Dance? Well, whatever. He definitely wasn't going to ever get his answer by simply standing around and wondering about it. He looked back at the Teddiursa. "Well then, you just stay back and try to think of something, alright? Let me handle him for now. You seem to have a decent enough grasp on things. Leave this to me in the meantime!" He grinned slightly, looking back at the Teddiursa once more.

Hidon saw the smirk on the bear cub Pokémon's face and quickly returned the expression. "Heheh...I see you're confident," he remarked. "But let's see if you can back that up!" He immediately began rushing his new target. As he moved, flames sparked to life around him, coating his entire body in fire. He charged straight for the Teddiursa, hoping to slam into him with a full-body tackle using his Flame Charge.

Digizel carried out 1 launched of one Fallen Leaf Copse :
An Afternoon Showdown - Page 2 PopjRW4
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon Showdown   An Afternoon Showdown - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 6:09 am

Energy: 0

Raze looked onto the battle that was starting with a hopeful gaze. The Teddiursa had managed to defeat him easily, so what made this Charmander any more powerful? Okay, the Sawsbuck wasn't kidding. We're royally screwed unless he pulls off a miracle here. he cursed to himself, still trying to formulate a plan on how to beat the feral. Currently, he only got up to as far as its attack range, which seemed to be limited to contact and luring in an opponent rather than keeping distance. However, that's all the mouse needed to know in order to get an idea of how to win.

"I've got it! You can't get close and let it-" he called over, only to be cut off by a clash of attacks. His companion had cloaked himself in flames and charged forward in a fiery tackle, meeting a Façade-powered punch from the Teddiursa. The cub seemed to falter slightly, but kept firm in his strike. "Whatever, guess I'll just have to do this myself..." the Minun grumbled, getting up and disappearing into a shrub nearby. Luckily, he found what he was looking for: a Blast Seed. After picking up the stray seed, his eyes were diverted to a fairly small box. Free stuff, cool. he celebrated, sliding the lightweight box into his bag.

Raze emerged from the bush, unaware of the ghostly, red eyes that stared at him as he leapt out, and ran back over to the fight. He didn't say a word as he popped the seed into his mouth and began chewing. Almost by magic, the Blast Seed exploded and formed a small fireball in his mouth. Not being used to the heat and expecting a bit of a colder approach to the attack, the Minun opened his mouth and allowed the fireball to shoot out without aiming. Fortunately, he landed the blast in the middle of the two... but had he hit the Charmander in the process?
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon Showdown   An Afternoon Showdown - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 6:50 am

Hidon pressed his Flame Charge forward with as much power as he could manage. He tried desperately to overpower the bear cub Pokémon and press his advantage. Unfortunately for him, however, things did not go as he planned. For a moment, he thought he was about to power through and knock the Teddiursa back when he felt the faltering punch. However, just a moment later, the power was reaffirmed and it turned out that he was the one to get overpowered this time. The Teddiursa's fist soon found itself stopping Hidon's attack completely, shattering his guard. With his guard lowered, the bear cub's fist found itself planted deeply into the pit of Hidon's midsection.

The Charmander's eyes widened in both shock and pain as he felt the punch slam itself into his stomach. "Urghk!!" he coughed aloud, all of the breath he had in his body rushing right out of him in that instant. He quickly sank to his knees, completely winded from the powerful Façade. It had just been one exchange of blows, but somehow, the adorable Teddiursa had already forced him to his knees. And now, he was quite vulnerable. He quickly flinched, anticipating the next attack. But this one never came. At last...not from where he had thought it would come.

Before the Teddiursa could let loose another attack, something unexpected happened. Suddenly, there was a large explosion that erupted from between them, enveloping both himself and the Teddiursa at the same time, assuming that the bear cub hadn't been able to get away. Hidon did find himself caught in the blast, however. "GRAH!" he cried out loudly in pain as the Blast Seed's explosion threw him backward. He crashed hard onto the ground on his back, groaning slightly. The blast had not only been rather painful, but unexpected as well. It would take him a couple seconds to get his bearings back again.

"What...the hell was that!?" he growled in a daze.
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon Showdown   An Afternoon Showdown - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 10:05 pm

The fireball had managed to throw the Tedduirsa off balance. However, as he gasped for cool air, Raze's mouth felt like a volcano. "I wanna thee you thry thpitting that!" he shot back, sticking his tongue out to cool it off. No matter how effective it was, the Minun considered it to be not worth the troubles to try and eat another Blast Seed again. Oh, wait- he's a Fire type. Not like he would feel this much... he noted, still wincing at the burning feel inside his mouth. He was about to turn around and drink a little bit of lake water when the Teddiursa regained its bearings and took up another offensive stance.

This was his chance! The feral was busy focusing on his partner and didn't notice Raze sneaking around and allowing watts of electricity to accumulate. Due to the fear of hitting him, the mouse decided to try something new. I'm weaker physically, but this'll definitely sting! he thought, causing his body to flare and make the sparks visible. He took up a small sprint and slammed shoulder-first into the Teddiursa's back. The cub was sent stumbling forward and landed on its stomach. It was still holding itself up with its paws, but it was the closest he could get to taking it out with a physical attack. "Hah, they call that Spark, you amateur." he taunted to the feral, knowing all too well that it likely couldn't understand him. Raze didn't care; it looked good to anyone watching as far as he knew. "He's all yours, lizard!"
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon Showdown   An Afternoon Showdown - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 3:27 am

Hidon pushed himself back to his feet somewhat quickly. Since he was no longer paralyzed, he didn't have much of a reason to stay on the ground this time. Aside from the winded state the Teddiursa's Façade punch had left him in. That had been an absurdly powerful attack for a Pokémon of his own size. Feeling an attack that was that strong was almost inspiring. Although, he definitely knew that this was not the time to be admiring the Teddiursa. No...he had a fight to win! Now that the Charmander was back on his feet, he turned to look at the Teddiursa again, seeing that even that bear cub was getting into an offensive stance. Good. Now that he knew what he was really up against, he'd be better prepared for it. Even he had to admit, embarrassing as it was, that he couldn't match up to this Pokémon's strength. But that only made the fight all the more interesting...

Hidon prepared to make a move, but stopped, glancing at the Minun as he ran around the area to get in behind the Teddiursa. He had half a mind to call out and order him to stop that and let him fight the guy by himself. However, he had already come to terms with the fact that he might not win this, thanks to his own inferior strength. So, for once, he decided to let a stranger help him out. Besides...it wasn't like they were COMPLETE strangers. They had exchanged blows earlier, after all.

And so, Hidon looked back to the Teddiursa, wanting to help keep his attention. "Hey! Uh...you!" he shouted, failing to come up with an insult off the top of his head to hurl. "You call that a punch!? Why don't you come over here so I can show you what a REAL punch is like!" As he spoke, he clenched his right fist...and waited. A few moments later, Raze was finished and rushing straight at the teddiursa's back. And just like they had hoped, the Teddiursa took a direct hit! He grinned as he saw the bear cub Pokémon stumble toward him and fall forward. This was his chance! "You got it!" he called back.

The Charmander kicked off, rushing forward as quickly as he could! He charged and brought his fist back. As he did, the same bluish, draconic-looking aura that he had shown off during his battle with Raze appeared once more. And just like that time, the aura shifted to form around his arm...and he swung it forward with all of his strength. He threw his Dragon Rush downward, attempting to use it to smash the Teddiursa into the ground at his feet. There was no way this Teddiursa would be getting back up after this!
Back to top Go down
MCLikeANinja

MCLikeANinja

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon Showdown   An Afternoon Showdown - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 4:58 am

Seeing the Charmander finish off the cub gave Raze a twinge of remorse. It was a shame that it went down and didn't get back up; he always had an idea in mind to try and civilize the feral. The details in the process were sketchy and the man who came up with the theory was called a lunatic for a while, but the idea was proven by a few Pokémon in town who claim to be born ferals and fairly institutionalized. The very thought fascinated him, but he doubted that he could accomplish a feat like that considering his record of ideas that never worked. "Hm... I guess that's the last we'll have to fight that bear, I guess." he gave with a seemingly nonchalant sigh. The fact that it had put up a better fight than expected made the Minun want to attempt it even more, but it was too late. A blow of that caliber would cause the poor Teddiursa to be out for at least a few hours, if not more. The theorist might not have been crazy, but I sure am! Me bringing a feral to the standards of civilized life, HA! Just the thought of it makes me crack up!

Raze was about to begin to socialize with the Charmander he had barely met, but was interrupted by a chilling feeling down his spine. Whatever you do, don't move... he mentally coached himself, trying to act unaware of whatever was behind him. He felt an unfamiliar touch on his shoulder as a low moan escaped from the entity behind him. The first thing that popped into the mouse's mind was: Ghost type. "N-No! Get away, leave me be!" he shouted, hiding behind his companion. The Electric type was still unsure of what the ghost's intentions were, but didn't care at the moment and wanted nothing more than for the specter to disappear.
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Digizel

PostSubject: Re: An Afternoon Showdown   An Afternoon Showdown - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 5:48 am

Hidon smirked down at the fallen bear cub. Just as he had hoped, the Teddiursa had been knocked out cold. the two of them had actually managed to pull it out! He had to admit, the feeling was rather invigorating! That Teddiursa had been powerful, but he managed to knock it out with his Dragon Rush punch. Of course, he'd had some help from that Minun...but as far as he was concerned, he did all of the heavy lifting. "Heheh...that's right," he replied with a smug grin playing on his face. He raised his foot and tapped the unconscious bear cub with it a few times, nudging him over. He wanted to make sure that he was actually passed out. Thankfully, he got no reaction. He then turned around to face Raze. Now that that whole scenario was taken care of, they still had one more thing that needed to be taken care of. They still had a fight to finish.

Just as Hidon turned around, however...he was greeted with a rather...peculiar sight. Raze was standing not too far away, but looking somewhat pale. Behind the Minun, what Hidon could only describe as a stump with appendages and eyes seemed to be looking down at it, reaching its arm down to touch Raze on the shoulder. Immediately afterward, the Minun freaed out and suddenly jumped away, screaming in fear. But that wasn't all. the Minun had actually rushed toward him, taking the Charmander by surprise, and hiding directly behind him.

"H-hey wait a minute, what're you...?" he growled, trying to step away from the small mouse-like Pokémon.

Meanwhile the Phantump, glaring at Raze from where it had originally been floating, opened its mouth and began to speak in a cold, haunting voice. "You..." it called. "You dare step foot in my domain and proceed to make demands?" It did not look or sound very pleased. A moment later, it rushed toward Raze, attempting to fly right into his face. "HOW DARE YOU!" it shouted at Raze in an attempt to Astonish the scared Minun.

~~~~~

Wild Pokémon!
An Afternoon Showdown - Page 2 Phantump
Name: ???
Moves:
- ???
- ???
- Astonish
- ???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content