Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!
Check out the Staff Recruitment thread if you are interested in becoming a staff member!

Want to keep up to date with site happenings? Here's the June News Thread!

Share | 

An Unsavory Addition to Team Mizuchi

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dismas

Poké : 0

PostSubject: An Unsavory Addition to Team Mizuchi   Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:14 am

He was furious.

Not that it was noticeable, of course. Prowling through the guild halls towards the Guildmaster's quarters, much like a Liepard in the jungle, Dismas the Sableye seemed right at home, comfortably superior among the weaker, naïve Pokémon that this guild seemed to so full of. While physically, most of the new Pokémon could probably beat him, none of them seemed praiseworthy or respectable... at least, to him. Some would call him arrogant. He'd probably blackmail them into service, or attack something precious to them much later. There were some stronger ones he saw, of course, truly dangerous Pokémon species, evolved and mature, but not nearly as many as he expected-- or hoped for, is more like. He'd came to Grassveil, the first and only large settlement he'd ever seen, with wide-eyes and green aspirations. The dark-ghost hybrid was fed all sorts of tales of Grassveil, but he was so far unimpressed with their guild. It was chalk-full of basic Pokémon.

The dark imp glanced to his side almost irritably, towards the Buizel that was beside him. "I don't see why this Guild-master doesn't delegate a task like updating team rosters to someone less important- one of her flunkies. It seems like she's trying to waste her time, doesn't it?"

{... and on this writhing path, you will face viciousness, violence...
... and, perhaps... other, damnably transcendent terrors.}
Back to top Go down
Digizel

Poké : 860

PostSubject: Re: An Unsavory Addition to Team Mizuchi   Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:06 am

It would normally be impossible for even a particularly observant person to detect the Sableye's underlying fury. To everybody else's eyes, Dismas was just another Pokémon going about their usual business. But of course, Jet was well aware of the anger and irritation emanating from the Sableye standing beside him. He had felt plenty of it in their initial encounter, after all. That was what had led him to becoming so subservient in the first place. After all, he was probably physically stronger than the Sableye was. And he knew it. But the Sableye terrified him and, at least from Jet's perspective, had greater battle skill.

Still, he knew that he couldn't let any sign of his discomfort show. Especially not after going back and resting; washing up and tending to the few injuries he had taken in their battle. If he let any of the other guild members know that he was not doing this of his own will, there was no doubt in his mind that Dismas would punish him big time. And that was the very thing he feared most right now. Above all else, he wanted to keep Dismas happy. Or...content at the least. Thankfully, he'd always had a natural stutter. So that was something he didn't have to worry about tipping other Pokémon off.

"W-well, l-like I said..." he murmured in response to the Ghost Pokémon. "I-I think the Guildmaster wants to observe the Pokémon that enter and leave the Guild herself. I-I mean, m-maybe if she had an assistant of some kind that she could constantly rely on, it would b-be a different st-story." He then paused for a moment. "...B-besides, I'm...not even sure what her job actually entails, other than the general task of managing the guild."

Characters
Back to top Go down
http://pkmndn2.proboards.com/
dismas

PostSubject: Re: An Unsavory Addition to Team Mizuchi   Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:37 am

"Tch... it sounds sentimental, and I can imagine a thousand different ways to better utilize the time. Here's hoping she's at least competent." The dark imp has to stop himself from sneering as they traversed the halls, Dismas in particular not happy at all. It'd be a different story if the guild painted a better picture of itself, instead of letting basic children muck up the building, running about getting assignments. Really, it was his own fault for getting his hopes up, but still. It certainly explained how a Pokémon like Jet was able to join.

"Tell me about her before we get there. I want to get a good read on her-- if we're going to stay here, I want to make sure it's beneficial for us-- so we can get stronger... you, specifically. I know you've already met her, but I don't trust your character judgement, considering how you still worship those teammates who abandoned you." They were close now- they had to be, and despite himself, Dismas was beginning to feel a twinge of nervousness in his gut. Regardless of his words, she had to be at least powerful enough to oversee the guild and all of the strong Pokémon in it, and if she could somehow-- someway, despite all his masks and precautions-- discover him for what he really was... what kind of person he was, he wasn't sure if he could make it out of here safely.

Back to top Go down
Digizel

PostSubject: Re: An Unsavory Addition to Team Mizuchi   Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:48 am

Jet continued to lead the way through the halls of the Guild. He had been in and out of here several times in the past before, after all. He knew the fastest way to get to the Guildmaster's offices. On the way, it seemed that his companion wanted to know more about the Guildmaster herself...though he wasn't sure how much he'd be able to help him. Painting a picture of her would be quite difficult given that he'd only met her once before.

"W-well, I-it should go without saying that she's more than competent," Jet replied back. "I-I mean, sh-she can't have gotten the position of Guildmaster w-without being rather competent." He then decided to pause and consider the few tidbits of information he could gleam from his memory of their last encounter. Anything at all would probably be of use to Dismas at this point. As he walked, he put his paw up to his lower jaw in thought, wracking his memory of so many months ago. He visibly flinched slightly when Dismas mentioned the teammates that had seemingly abandoned him, but he tried not to let it get to him too badly.

"...W-well, f-for starters, she's a second stage Pokémon. A-a Meganium if memory serves me correctly. S-so her strength is probably comparable to other fully evolved Pokémon at least." Jet started, deciding to start with the easy information first. "O-other than that, I-I didn't really think too much about it at the time. Th-the only other thing she did that stuck out to me was that she tried to hide the fact that she was the Guildmaster when we first met. P-probably for the purpose of evaluating us o-or...something like that, anyway."

Characters
Back to top Go down
dismas

PostSubject: Re: An Unsavory Addition to Team Mizuchi   Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:17 am

"... A Meganium?" Shaking his head in a mixture of exasperation and frustration, Dismas muttered to himself quietly. Of course, he'd never seen a Meganium, but he was quite thorough in his studies. When one was unfortunate enough to be born a species as small and weak enough as a Sableye, knowing your enemy was crucial to any encounter. And Dismas was nothing if not paranoid. Meganium was final evolution of the chikorita line, if he remembered correctly. He'd expected something commanding and powerful, someone he could imagine leading a rescue team through fierce and dangerous missions. Perhaps a Charizard, or any other kind of dragon. Even an eeveelution would have been cooler, for while they looked diminutive enough, they were at least powerful. Still, at this point, he was learning to take whatever he could get. "I suppose it could be worse."

Eyeing the Buizel at his side, Dismas concluded it could be worse. He could be here by himself, with no allies and out of supplies and options. Arceus forbid he get a head-start on his plans and join the guild with an experienced member, who conveniently was abandoned by his teammates... Dismas' smirk widened a little bit at the thought. He noticed Jet's telltale flinch when he said that. Hopefully, given enough time and a firm enough nudge in the right direction, he could push the Buizel towards feeling resentful so that if they ever returned, he'd stick by Dismas. If he didn't... well, Dismas had other ways of persuasion.

Still, the dark-ghost hybrid couldn't shake the butterflies that were still floating about his stomache. He supposed all new guild-members felt like this when they joined, but still. All he had to do was put on his pretty little mask and figure out if this place was worth staying for. If not, he could take Jet somewhere else in search of another guild, or someplace else they could earn resources.

Back to top Go down
Digizel

PostSubject: Re: An Unsavory Addition to Team Mizuchi   Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:19 am

"Y...yes, a Meganium. And yes, definitely," Jet replied simply. "I-it could definitely be a lot worse. I-I mean...I-I have personally never seen the Guildmaster do anything of interest, b-but the very fact that she is fully evolved must mean something."

As the two continued down the hallway, Jet caught the Sableye eyeing him from the side. That caused him to look away slightly nervously, feeling an uneasy feeling begin to settle in on him. It was as though he were being judged or plotted against. Though with Dismas, anything was possible, he supposed. But as long as he kept the Ghost Pokémon satisfied with his abilities, he supposed that he wouldn't really have anything to fear. Of course, that in and of itself was the problem. He wasn't entirely sure that he could keep up with what Dismas wanted. He could only hope that Dismas was able to actually kick him into shape and make him stronger....

Finally, Jet's attention was grabbed by a particular doorway down the hall. "A-ah, th-that must be the place," he said, trying to shake off all of his nervousness before stepping up toward the door. He then turned to look over at his companion to see if he would be given some kind of order or last-minute instructions before they made their way inside. The last thing he wanted to do was blow it for Dismas here. If the Sableye panicked, he could very easily be taken as a hostage or something...and that was definitely the worst case scenario for him....

Characters
Back to top Go down
dismas

PostSubject: Re: An Unsavory Addition to Team Mizuchi   Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:55 pm

"All right. She already knows you, so she'll likely be set on observing me. Just don't screw this up. Act friendly about me- act like I'm any other happy-go-lucky moron. This doesn't have to be difficult if we don't make it so." The door was simple enough in appearance, he supposed, but it still managed to look very ominous to Dismas. Behind it waited the Guild-master, the strongest Pokemon in the Guild. She was a Meganium, sure, but right now, any Meganium could rip him apart and look cute doing it. His fight-or-flight instinct was kicking in, hard, and he wanted very badly to follow it and run the hell away. It was too soon, a traitorous part of his mind whispered, and he should be much stronger before he even considered putting himself in there with a Pokémon that strong.

But if things went south, the absolute worst thing that could happen was him being kicked out. They didn't have anything to incriminate him with, and Jet was too afraid of him to speak up against him, about this afternoon at the Small Pond. Dismas made an effort to calm himself, sucking in a long breath to sooth his traitorous nerves. He acted tough, but perhaps this nervousness curling in his gut was the same as any other new Rescue team-member that met the Guild-master for the first time.

Back to top Go down
Digizel

PostSubject: Re: An Unsavory Addition to Team Mizuchi   Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:39 pm

Jet nodded slightly at Dismas' words. He gulped, though he tried to hide it, at the Dark- Ghost-type hybrid Pokémon's instruction to not "screw this up." The tone that it was said was slightly harsher than he had expected. Plus, the fact that he had used the term "happy-go-lucky moron" also bothered him slightly. But of course, he didn't dare voice his opposition to such terminology and merely rolled with it. He certainly didn't want to fail him right now. "D-don't worry, I...I'll do it. I-I won't let you down."

That said, he had to take a moment to take a deep breath. This was going to took everything he had not to break down once the pressure began. If he failed this, there could be no telling what Dismas might do to him. So he had to make absolutely sure that this worked perfectly. And so, he cast a quick glance at the Ghost Pokémon, taking in his form once more. He needed to treat him just like he had treated Avery before. Thankfully, the two Pokémon shared a similar color scheme, so it might be somewhat easy to pretend that he was merely with Avery instead. He doubted that Dismas' fake personality would match the Croagunk's, but he could probably ignore that.

"O-okay, I...I'm ready," he said, taking another deep breath. Then, deciding to take the initiative, he reached out and pushed open the door to the Guildmaster's quarters.

Characters
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper

Poké : 11634

PostSubject: Re: An Unsavory Addition to Team Mizuchi   Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:20 am

Busy. That surely was to be expected from the Guildmaster, especially of such an active Guild like the one in Grassveil. New members, paperwork, research... And now, the odd happenings in the world that had caused Pokémon to seemingly lose their minds. While it was the exploration teams that were sent out to the field to check things out, Faye certainly did not want to stay behind and just twiddle her thumbs around – or vines, as it would have been in her case. Because of that, she had been reading a lot more lately, a thick book opened on her desk as she read it, occasionally turning a page...

The pleasant rustling of paper was soon drowned by another sound, the Meganium's head rising up as she straightened her neck. The door was pushed open, the hinges creaking slightly. Faye blinked and turned her gaze downwards to see who it was that was coming to her quarters unannounced, understanding that there might be a state of emergency. She hadn't really heard anything happening behind her door, but the door was rather sturdy and thick, so it was possible that it had blocked the sound.

"Jet?" The Guildmaster asked, her voice concerned, as she took a few steps closer, her weight causing her stomps to be quite audible indeed. She did recognize the orange fur of the Buizel, and of course, this particular member of her Guild.
"Is something the matter, dearie?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Unsavory Addition to Team Mizuchi   

Back to top Go down

An Unsavory Addition to Team Mizuchi
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1