Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!
Check out the Staff Recruitment thread if you are interested in becoming a staff member!

Summer Harvest Event

Want to keep up to date with site happenings? Here's the June News Thread!

Share | 

The Definition of Overkill

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord E V
Head Secretary & Lord of the Eevees

Poké : 8885

PostSubject: The Definition of Overkill   Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:40 am

First topic message reminder :

Mission Details:

Sunny, bright, peaceful, beautiful.... boring. Pecha Forest was the last place Sova wanted to be, but there were missions to be done here. Besides, here he didn't have to worry much about Varda's safety, let alone his safety. This was especially helpful since he had someone else whom he needed to worry about today. A certain vaporeon who had just joined his team, one he felt the need to walk through her first mission.

The vaporeon followed along, staying behind her leader. She didn't want to agitate him by trying to take the lead. Besides, she trusted that he knew what he was doing and where he was going. It was Pecha Forest after all, there didn't really seem to be much to fear here. She'd been here plenty and was still alive and well. Then again, she hadn't been in the guild, she'd never taken any missions, let alone three at once. Technically there were three guild members here, but still.... three missions seemed like a lot for a newbie like herself.

Sova sighed at the boring environment. "So, Skylar. I'm sure Varda'd like to get to know you. Come to think of it, I don't know all that much about you either. Sooo, why'd you wanna be an explorer?", he questioned as he looked back at the vaporeon and glanced over to the swablu, hoping to spark up some kind of conversation to keep him from getting too bored.
He hadn't really expected to be bringing Varda along for the missions, but he was sure glad it turned out the way it did. The little swablu was fun to have around and luckily, he was at the guild at the time they were picking out missions.

Skylar shrugged to the glaceon's question. "I don't actually care all that much for the exploring part. I want to help others, that's all. I'm more interested in the rescuing aspect than the exploring, honestly.", she explained.
The fighting involved with being in the guild didn't really interest her either, but it was fighting for a good cause. Technically, she would still be helping others. Besides, she didn't want to mention any complaints about fighting since one of their missions was an outlaw mission. "How about you two?", she questioned, not having much more to add to the conversation her self at the moment.

Sova listened patiently and decided to wait for his bird friend to respond first. He wasn't in any hurry to explain his reasoning for being in the guild. Actually.... he'd been doing a good job of kind of suppressing that recently. What was it again? No, no, he didn't want to think about it.

Character Records

Is it my post in our thread?  Wanna start a thread with me?  Hit me up HERE

Oh yeah, and I dabble in pixel art.  If you're interested, check out my shop.

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:46 am

Sova turned toward the swablu at the comment of the pinco being a "giant pine cone" and simply stared for a moment with a slightly confused expression. Varda.... didn't know it was.... he.... welp. "That's...." he began, but was finding it difficult to think of a way to explain such a concept as a pineco's existence to Varda. The bird really seemed to have two hearts instead of a brain, sometimes. Okay, all the time. It was a good thing at times, buuuut there were times where being a bit less.... Varda-y would be nice.

"Yes, it's a giant pinecone," he stated, giving up on trying to explain this.
His tone was filled with clear frustration and sarcasm, though he doubted Varda would notice any of this. Besides, technically, it was kind of a giant pine cone.... it was just a bit more than that too. It was a giant LIVING pine cone. With a name. Pineco.... okay, in hindsight, it may as well have been just "pinecone."

Skylar tilted her head as she listened to the other two talk about the thing that'd fallen on her, being a.... giant pine cone. She couldn't tell if they were serious, as she'd thought this was a thing called a pineco! And it didn't seem abnormally large for such a thing, so she was confused as to what the others were talking about. Maybe they were kidding? But, Varda at least seemed very serious, and Sova.... it was hard telling with him.

"Um.... that's a pinecone? I thought it was a pokémon," she spoke up, expressing her confusion on the topic.
She figured if she wanted it cleared up for her, she'd have to make an effort to ask. There was no way the others could read her mind, after all. They weren't Psychic-types!

Sova's expression turned blank and he slowly turned his head to the vaporeon as she spoke up, joining in on the conversation about the GIANT PINECONE. She.... thought he was serious. "I'm surrounded by idiots," he calmly stated before starting up walking in a random direction.

(Oh right, because Skylar's been less than useless so far. Like a true parasite. So in order to prove her worth, she must find a Pecha berry.... in a forest named after its abundance of Pecha berries. Oh what a task.)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper

Poké : 12094

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:01 pm

Varda cooed in awe as Sova confirmed his suspicions. A giant pine cone... Why, it was bigger than him! What amazing wonders there were in this world, surely.
"And there even aren't any pine trees around here!" The little bird chirped happily, having been rather insightful for once. Indeed, what was around them only had leafy leaves rather than needles, so it was really weird for a pine cone to fall from a tree like that! But even though it was strange, the bird did not question it for one second. No, it was completely normal for this to happen, nothing was off at all.

Skylar sounded rather confused as she replied to the two talking about the pine cone, calling the pine cone... A Pokémon? Or at least she had thought that way. Perhaps she was just surprised and had thought that it was a Pokémon that fell on her even though it wasn't! ...Or maybe... The Vaporeon was right after all. Varda's eyes grew bigger as he turned to look at Skylar, his entire world suddenly growing bigger.
"Are... Are pine cones Pokémon?!"

((You can do it Skylar, we believe in you.))
Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:03 am

Skylar looked between the other two, with one asking an important question she wanted to answer and the other seeming to want to move along. She couldn't do what they both wanted, what was she going to do!? Oh, wait.... yes she could, talking and walking were easy to do together. She started up following the glaceon and looked back to the swablu, before jerking her head forward to gesture for him to come. "No, but that's not really a pine cone. At least I don't think. It's a thing called a pineco. It looks like a pine cone.... and the name sounds like it, but it's alive," she paused, hoping she was right.

Her leader seemed upset, and it hadn't taken her long to figure out that it was kind of her fault, as she'd missed that he was trying to say the thing wasn't a pinecone. She'd hoped that perhaps taking the liberty of explaining it would make Sova happy, but she wasn't quite sure. "Right, Sova?" she questioned, looking for verification that she'd done something right.
She didn't really get much in the form of verification, but she didn't get another passive-aggressive remark, either, so that was good.

Sova continued walking along, not really sure where he was going, though he didn't really care. They were on a mission here and he didn't plan to leave until it was completed, so it really didn't matter where he went. They could find Pecha berries all over this forest; anywhere was a good place to look. He continued listening to the conversation and was a bit relieved to know his teammate wasn't a total idiot, but he still wasn't particularly interested in trying to explain the concept of a living pine cone to Varda. "Mhm," he simply responded when his name was brought into the conversation.

(The fate of the world is in your hands, Skylar. Or something.)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:30 pm

Varda blinked, scurrying after his friends who were already starting to move, leaving the giant pine cone that might have been a Pokémon behind. He couldn't help but glance behind them occasionally, also noticing that the strange bug was left behind on the ground... And the thing seemed to realize that, trying to quickly flip over and get on its feet to follow them even though it seemed to be having some troubles doing that, its limbs short and stocky. But as the Swablu had to really move to keep up with the rest of the party, he soon forgot all about that as he listened to Skylar's explanation.

A Pokémon, that was not a pine cone, but looked like it... There certainly were so many kinds of Pokémon around in this world! Some looked like trees, others looked like rocks, and now even pine cones... It never seemed to end. It filled the little bird with awe as he realized there was so much unknown in the world, causing him to coo quietly. It really was amazing...
"I had no ideaaa," he chirped, still clearly in awe of everything – such as the fact that a pine cone might not be a pine cone but instead, a Pokémon,
"I hope there's no Pokémon that look like berries, or there might be an accident!"

((We believe in you.))
Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:20 pm

Skylar was relieved to see the little bug was having trouble following, albeit she felt a bit bad for the thing. It wasn't like it'd been hurting anything, it was just.... very uncomfortable to be around such an obsessive and odd creature. She looked over to Varda once more as he responded, seeming oddly fascinated with the idea of a living pine cone. Was it really that unusual? There were plenty of pokémon that could blend into their surroundings by looking like other things, so was one that looked like a pine cone really at all surprising? More interesting yet, though, was the fact that the bird didn't seem to know what did and didn't live in this area. But that made no sense, since this was the most popular exploration spot for rookies and even many adept teams, especially those who lived in the area.

....Did Varda not live here? No, he was a member of Grassveil Guild, he almost had to live in the area! So.... maybe the fluff-ball was from somewhere else, then? "I don't think so, but.... well, I dunno.... I hope not," she responded, admitting she wasn't sure if there were any pokémon who looked like berries.
She sure hoped not, as that would mean without even knowing, she could have....

The possibility terrified her.

"A-anyways, do you.... come from somewhere else? Like.... not around Grassveil?" the vaporeon questioned, trying to change the topic from the thought of berry-mon.

Sova merely listened to the other two talk as he walked along. The topic was silly, but of course, silly things seemed to be what individuals with a generally happy disposition enjoyed. Though, there was one interesting bit in the conversation, which was the thought of pokémon that looked like berries. He was.... confident enough that none existed, but with that said, he wasn't positive. More importantly, Varda seemed to reference death in the theoretical scenario, which was surprising for someone like him. Sova found it odd that the bird would be so willing to openly acknowledge someone possibly being killed.

This made the glaceon wonder that maybe Varda was less of a spaced-out airhead than appearances would lead one to believe. Maybe Varda actually understood things like the concept of "negativity" and just pretended not to for the sake of being happy. He hadn't personally ever tried it, so he couldn't say for certain that it wouldn't work. He didn't plan to test this, though, as the idea of living such a life didn't seem particularly appearing to him.

(I was hoping you were gonna say "It filled the little bird with determination.")

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:38 pm

Varda was still looking like he was amazed at everything, his eyes large and glossy. He couldn't help but smile, waddling along the path through the forest. One more amazing thing in the world just made him so happy – though he was glad that no one suddenly explained that yes, there were Pokémon that looked like berries. That would have been pretty bad! Imagine having to ask every single berry you were about to eat if they were a Pokémon... And what if you had accidentally brought a Pokémon with you as your lunch? Just awful. It was good that things weren't like that.

Skylar's question caused the bird to snap out of his thoughts and look at the Vaporeon, still smiling. It took him a moment to realize that he was being talked to and remember the question... Oh, yes, right. Not many actually asked this question, which was funny! Then again, most of the Pokémon he had met in the Guild might have lived in Grassveil Town before, and thus knew he hadn't been there for very long as they had never seen him before...

"Oh, yeah! That's right," the Swablu chirped, nodding a couple of times in agreement,
"I'm from, um, I'm not entirely sure! I got kind of lost and now I'm trying to find my way back home. That's one reason why I joined the Guild too, my team helps me search," he continued, his tail feathers bopping from side to side as he waddled. Pecha Forest always felt so nice and warm...
"I haven't found it yet, but... I will one day!"

((It's probably better if you don't put determination close to pocket monsters.))
Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:37 am

Ah, so the bird wasn't from around Grassveil after all! Skylar gave a bit of a smile as she began to understand why Varda didn't know much about what lived in the area. In truth, she wasn't from Grassveil either, although she hadn't exactly come from very far away. It was nice to know she wasn't the only one here not native to the area. More importantly, though, Varda was here because he was lost!? Well, then their situations were totally different since she had willingly left her own home to come here! The swablu's situation sounded just terrible, being separated from his friends and family without any knowledge of how to get back....

Could she perhaps help? Was there anything someone such as herself could do to help a bird find their home? She couldn't really fly and she was a complete newbie to exploring, so it was difficult thinking of ways to be useful, to say the least. It made her feel bad that she couldn't really help in any way, but she tried not to show this. "Well, if there's anything I can do to help, let me know," she commented as they walked.
"But I guess if you're gonna get lost, this is a pretty good place to do it. All things considered, it's really safe here compared to a lot of other places. Nice scenery too," she continued, looking around at the forest surrounding her as she referenced it.

Sova mostly just listened as the other two talked, as there wasn't anything in particular that he wanted to say. Listening, though, was a different story. He took in every detail of what the other two were saying, and while none of this was really some big reveal to him, it didn't make the conversation less interesting. He doubted there was much he could do to fix Varda's problem, so he didn't even bother offering; no point in giving false hope. However, this didn't mean he didn't care. He just didn't think there was anything he could really do to fix the problem. He couldn't fly, had no clue where to look, and couldn't just bail on his Guild work to go wander around pointlessly in search of some unspecified place.

The glaceon smiled as he heard his teammate offer to help, though he didn't turn around, so it would have been impossible for the other two to know of his expression. He figured Skylar probably knew there wasn't much if anything she could do since he had pinged her as someone fairly down-to-earth for the most-part, so this meant the offer was entirely to make Varda feel better. That went against everything he defined as "right" in this situation.... and he found it a bit funny. It reminded him he usually wasn't very good at distinguishing between "right" and "wrong." Or maybe he just didn't care much about which was which.

(True, that could get messy.)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:10 am

Varda hopped and waddled along, his stiff tail feathers cheerfully going from one side to another with his motions, drawing a wiggly line on the dirt path he was walking. Every time he told his story about getting lost, he never seemed to get too sad about the fact that well, he was pretty much stranded from his family and had no idea where they were. And they had no idea where he was, either. But that didn't matter. The bird knew, that in the end, he would get back home. It was just a matter of time, he'd keep looking and never give up – and while he was doing that, he could do so much good too!

With a couple of nods, he looked at Skylar with a smile as she offered to help. The Swablu opened his beak too, but closed it soon after, looking like he was thinking. He hadn't actually thought of anything, so… So he couldn't say what didn't exist! But he was going to think about it.
"Oh, yes," he chirped when the Vaporeon brought up how the surroundings of Grassveil Town were pretty good when it came to getting lost! It could have been much worse, while Pecha Forest was calm and warm… Pretty much all the time. Sometimes things could happen, but it was far from many other things that had happened on his travels.
"You just need to watch out for the bushes," Varda nodded knowingly.

"Oh! Where I live… It's not too cold or too hot. It's nice, like this place," the bird realized that the first step in helping him to actually find his home would be to actually know what they were looking for. The temperature and climate alone should be enough to limit the areas a bit!
"And… There was a forest nearby. I have tried looking close to forests, but I haven't really found anything yet… And we lived in a cliff that had lots of holes for nests! But I haven't found such straight cliffs anywhere. The mountain I've been to wasn't right."

((You'd get to clean him up.))
Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:35 am

Skylar listened intently to the description of where her new fluffy friend had come from. She'd hoped to be able to offer some assistance, but as the description was given, she realized she had no clue what that place was or more importantly, where it was. She looked to Sova, hoping for some kind of helpful input, but it seemed the glaceon either didn't know or wasn't planning on sharing anything. She figured it was the prior, since while Sova was a jerk, he seemed to care about his friends. Varda was his friend, right?

"Oh, well.... I've never heard of a place like that. Then again, I'm not really very knowledgeable.... on...." the vaporeon began, but stopped as something caught her attention.
She looked to the right and spotted something on the ground, something roundish and pink-colored.... Ooh, ooh, a Pecha berry, wasn't that what they were looking for!? She darted over to the berry and bit onto one of the leaves, lifting it up with her mouth.

"Hey, look at this, I found a mission thing!" was what she.... tried to say, but it came out rather muffled since she was currently using her mouth to hold something.
Still, she was at least understandable and that was all that really mattered. This meant she'd completed her first mission, right!? Not like the other two missions, where she hadn't really helped at all; she did this one! She looked to the other two with high hopes that she wasn't mistaken.

Sova continued listening silently, though he began considering actually speaking when a description of the place the bird had come from came up. With a description, maybe he could actually try to help! However, this description wasn't of a place he recognized. The only place he knew of that he didn't know the visual description of was the area known as the "Sacred Lands," which he'd never been to, nor had anyone else he knew of. So this was the only place he could think where a place he didn't know of could be. Of course, he'd only heard of it and never actually been there, so he wasn't even sure it was a real place.

Before the glaceon could speak, his ally suddenly cut herself off mid-sentence and randomly ran off the path they were on. Of course, he looked over to the vaporeon with curiosity, wondering what she was doing. In mere moments, this was answered as he noticed a pink berry being grabbed by a leaf with his teammate's mouth. A Pecha berry. Huh, Skylar had actually completed one of the missions herself. He smiled faintly at the vaporeon, though he wasn't sure what to say; compliments weren't something he was particularly good at.

(Not when you put it that way.)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:43 am

Varda didn't seem to be worried when Skylar mentioned how she had never heard of a place similar to his home, still full of smiles as he waddled along. It didn't really matter. Sure, it would have been nice if he had gotten a lead, but not many Pokémon seemed to recognize his description. It was the norm by now, but that didn't deter the bird. He knew he would find his way back some day, he knew he would return home. It wasn't even a question, not even if it looked like a hopeless, impossible task. Such things didn't really exist in the little bird's simple world.

The Vaporeon scurrying off caught the Swablu's attention, however, stopping his thinking process as he tried to figure out this new thing. Varda tried to stand on his toes to peer over the larger Pokémon to see what it was she had found, but it didn't really help. He couldn't help but take a few steps closer just because he was so curious, but he didn't want to just run over to Skylar in case that would have messed up everything. But in the end, it was… A Pecha berry.

Perhaps something that was common in Pecha Forest – though honestly, it wasn't that common, considering that sometimes he took strolls where he didn't find even a single Pecha berry… But despite that, the bird was ecstatic! Every kind of treasure was amazing in his eyes, and this one was even specialer because it was a mission objective! Now the Swablu could finally waddle up to Skylar, full of smile and excitement.

"Oh, you found it!" He chirped happily, stuffing his face closer to the berry as he inspected it, oohing and aahing like he had never seen one before. It looked like a nice berry, plump and juicy.
"That means… We have done all of our missions!"

((But thou must.))
Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:56 am

Finally, all of the missions were complete and they could leave. This was a relief to Sova, as he hated coming to this boring place for any reason. The only thing that ever dragged him out here anymore was the fact that so many of the Guild's missions took place in Pecha and Shadowhue forests. To succeed as a guild member, one pretty much had to go to these places at least occasionally. But the bright side to this was that it was fairly easy to manage here.... or at least, it was to him.

Then Varda stated the obvious, that they'd completed all their missions. The glaceon chuckled at the odd enthusiasm, though perhaps he was a bit excited to get this trip over with, so he couldn't really judge. "Yep, all done. That means we can leave," he stated before turning back toward the path and continuing to walk.
However, after only a moment of walking, he stopped. There was a significant issue stopping him from continuing forward.

"Uuh.... wait, which way's back to Grassveil?" he questioned.
In truth, he wasn't entirely sure at this point. It wasn't exactly a scary thought, as walking in one direction would eventually lead to an area he'd recognize and he'd be able to find the way back from there. But.... he really didn't want to have to stay out here much longer. Maybe one of the others remembered the way back? Or maybe Varda could fly up and just see where Grassveil was!

Skylar smiled proudly as she held her find, feeling like she'd just accomplished something big. In reality, it was just a Pecha berry, but it wasn't just that. She'd completed her first mission with this berry, and regardless of how small an achievement it was, it still made her happy! It seemed the fluffy swablu felt similarly too, which made her feel like perhaps she wasn't overreacting. Sova didn't exactly seem ecstatic about it, but that just seemed to be how the glaceon was. It didn't bother her at all, since he didn't seem upset, at least.

She nodded in agreement to leaving since the missions were done, though she was kind of sad to have to say goodbye to the forest. Today had been a bit of a hectic day in this place, but when it came down to it, she still liked being in this area. More importantly, though.... Sova continued on to admit he didn't know where the way out was. That was a bit bad; she liked the forest, but she didn't really want to be lost here. Since she'd been put to sleep earlier, her mental compass had basically disappeared, so she had no clue where they were either. "I-I don't know, Varda?" she admitted and looked to the swablu for help, hoping he would know the answer.

(This is getting awfully kinky.)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:38 pm

Varda seemed awfully happy – and proud. To him, it didn't matter what kind of a mission it was, as long as it was them doing something good to someone. Easy, simple, it was just as good as a very challenging task, it all felt amazing after the mission was finished. Well, they weren't completely finished yet, as they had things they had to deliver to their clients, but their task at the forest had come to an end! Now, they could finally go back to Grassveil Town…

If they just knew where to go. Sova was the first one to admit that he had no idea where he was, the direction of the town a great big mystery. Skylar didn't seem to know either, her voice sounding a bit more worried as she turned to the bird for answers. Varda meanwhile, did not look at all concerned. He was still smiling and looking happy just like he always seemed to do, slowly turning in the Vaporeon's direction as he looked at her with his beady little eyes. The bird inhaled and spread his cloud-like wings slowly.

"I have no ideaaa," he chirped, still sounding awfully cheerful. Perhaps one could have assumed that a bird Pokémon was good with directions. Then again, this Swablu happened to be one that had gotten lost in the first place…

((Well it's your fault for making him to make a mess.))
Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:31 pm

Sova looked to the others hopefully, waiting for one of them to say they knew the way back. When Skylar said she didn't, he began to lose hope. He knew Varda was.... Varda, and thus probably didn't know the way back to Grassveil. However, the little bird seemed relatively happy still, and seemed to be about to say something good, so.... maybe....

Nope.

Sova hanged his head and sighed at the little bird in clear disappointment. Oh well, that was really too bad, but he still didn't plan to just concede and wander around the forest until he found something to tell which way Grassveil was. He raised his head back up to meet the bird's eyes and pointed a paw up, then spoke, "Fly up and see if you can see the way to town."
He wasn't sure how high Varda was capable of flying or exactly how far away Grassveil Town was, but he was hoping the answers were high and not very, respectively.

Skylar gave a bit of a relieved smile when it seemed Varda was about to announce something positive, but that smile quickly faded when it was revealed to be nothing of the sort. Oh. None of them knew the way back. Well, she wasn't particularly worried since she'd been through Pecha forest plenty before and it wasn't particularly dangerous, nor was it hard to find one's way out even when lost since it wasn't too big. Neither of the others seemed worried either, which just made it even easier to not be worried.

It was then that the vaporeon noticed her body had stopped being all.... water-y. She became sort of distracted and distanced from the conversation as she raised a paw to look at it. It was completely solid, not all goopy and semi-solid. She'd calmed down and been distracted for a bit, so her body had slowly turned back to its normal state. It seemed like Sova was right; it was stress-based. Well, hopefully it would be something she could learn to control, and preferably keep off at all times. She dropped the berry she'd found carefully into her bag before realizing....

She hadn't been paying much attention. What was going on? Something about flying? It took her a moment to remember Varda was a bird who could fly. Next, she realized that would potentially give a view of Grassveil, which they could use to find their way back. Right, that seemed like a good idea! Assuming that was what was even going on, since she'd gotten kind of distracted.

(Nuh-uh! It's your fault for making him capable of making a mess.)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:11 pm

Varda didn't seem to be at all bothered by how his friends seemed to be defeated and disappointed, just smiling in his usual fashion. This was the norm to the bird. He never really knew where he was going when he was alone – indeed, sometimes it was a wonder he knew where the bulletin board was in the Guild. But it was such a central area that it was impossible to miss! Varda got it covered. But getting lost in the forest? He wasn't too worried. Somehow, he always made it back to Grassveil Town in the end.

But flying up to see where they had to go… That was… Something he had never thought about before! The Swablu blinked slowly. Sometimes… He forgot he had wings he could use to fly high, higher than any of the ground-dwelling Pokémon. Higher than the trees. He could just fly to Grassveil Town right now. Didn't he feel silly now! But surely it was an easy mistake to make, considering that the bird was living with Pokémon that couldn't fly?

"Oh, alright!" The Swablu agreed, spreading his wings as he prepared to take off,
"Don't go anywhere!" He added before he jumped into the air and flapped his wings, generating enough force to soar into the air! Luckily Pecha Forest had such large holes in the canopy that making it to the sky was quite easy. The beautiful blue sky greeted him, bathing him in the sun's warm light… And out there in the distance, Varda could see mountains and water and… Buildings. The town!

The bird returned to the surface, gliding down gently… And landing on his stomach with a small oof. But Varda just hopped back on his feet like nothing had happened, looking at his friend and extending a wing in the direction of the town.
"There!"

((All things can make a mess.))
Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:51 pm

"Where would we go?" Sova muttered once the bird was too far away to respond with some silly answer.
He wasn't looking for an answer, he just really felt the need to verbally question that. Sadly, it seemed a certain vaporeon thought an answer was desired, which in hindsight was a reasonable assumption.

Skylar watched as the swablu flew up into the sky. She couldn't help overhearing Sova questioning where they would go and, while she knew it was probably not meant to be heard due to the quietness of his tone, she decided to answer anyway. "Well, we could leave if we wanted to.... We probably wouldn't get very far without directions, though," she responded to the glaceon, which seemed to elicit a glare.
If it hadn't been meant to be heard.... maybe it hadn't been meant to be answered either. She knew this, but she felt like playing around a little.

Sova's ears flattened as he glared at his teammate, though it wasn't a serious glare. It was more of an "Oh ha ha you're not funny" kind of glare. He stared for a moment in awkward eye contact and silence before speaking. "Ha. Ha," came a sarcastic laugh.
The vaporeon then gave him a cheery smile which he couldn't help but feel a little uplifted from. But nothing more could be said before a certain little bird returned to them, landing rather ungracefully and pointing the way home. What a relief, it'd worked, so they wouldn't have to wander around aimlessly.

With the direction of town now pointed out, the glaceon started off in the correct direction. "Lets go then," he simply stated.
He didn't really bother to pay much attention to his surroundings as nothing in this forest worried him at all, but he still somehow managed to noticed a phantump trying to pretend to be a normal stump off to the side of his path. It wasn't particularly hard to notice, but he was guessing it didn't know that.

Skylar watched as the little bird came back down to the ground and pointed in the direction they had to go. Great, that was settled! Sova seemed a bit eager to leave, taking the lead, so she didn't waste any time standing around. She followed right after the glaceon and made sure to keep up with his pace. It wasn't too difficult, since he wasn't trying to run or anything.

(Wanna try to use up the rest of the things we rolled and end the thread in the next few posts?)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   

Back to top Go down

The Definition of Overkill
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next