Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

The Definition of Overkill

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord E V
Head Secretary, Moderator & Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Poké : 5715

The Definition of Overkill - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: The Definition of Overkill   The Definition of Overkill - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 5:40 am

First topic message reminder :

Mission Details:

Sunny, bright, peaceful, beautiful.... boring. Pecha Forest was the last place Sova wanted to be, but there were missions to be done here. Besides, here he didn't have to worry much about Varda's safety, let alone his safety. This was especially helpful since he had someone else whom he needed to worry about today. A certain vaporeon who had just joined his team, one he felt the need to walk through her first mission.

The vaporeon followed along, staying behind her leader. She didn't want to agitate him by trying to take the lead. Besides, she trusted that he knew what he was doing and where he was going. It was Pecha Forest after all, there didn't really seem to be much to fear here. She'd been here plenty and was still alive and well. Then again, she hadn't been in the guild, she'd never taken any missions, let alone three at once. Technically there were three guild members here, but still.... three missions seemed like a lot for a newbie like herself.

Sova sighed at the boring environment. "So, Skylar. I'm sure Varda'd like to get to know you. Come to think of it, I don't know all that much about you either. Sooo, why'd you wanna be an explorer?", he questioned as he looked back at the vaporeon and glanced over to the swablu, hoping to spark up some kind of conversation to keep him from getting too bored.
He hadn't really expected to be bringing Varda along for the missions, but he was sure glad it turned out the way it did. The little swablu was fun to have around and luckily, he was at the guild at the time they were picking out missions.

Skylar shrugged to the glaceon's question. "I don't actually care all that much for the exploring part. I want to help others, that's all. I'm more interested in the rescuing aspect than the exploring, honestly.", she explained.
The fighting involved with being in the guild didn't really interest her either, but it was fighting for a good cause. Technically, she would still be helping others. Besides, she didn't want to mention any complaints about fighting since one of their missions was an outlaw mission. "How about you two?", she questioned, not having much more to add to the conversation her self at the moment.

Sova listened patiently and decided to wait for his bird friend to respond first. He wasn't in any hurry to explain his reasoning for being in the guild. Actually.... he'd been doing a good job of kind of suppressing that recently. What was it again? No, no, he didn't want to think about it.

Character Records

Oh yeah, and I dabble in pixel art.  If you're interested, check out my shop.

>And now for a bit about myself.<
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

Poké : 12294

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   The Definition of Overkill - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 3:08 pm

Varda didn't have time to react or ask any further questions, his friend suddenly dashing off at one of the tree-like Pokémon! The bird didn't understand at all, his beady eyes reflecting his own confusion as he tilted his head, his long feathers flopping over to the side. Did... The tree throw the rock? Did it even have hands? The anatomy of some Pokémon continued to be perplexing. He didn't like it when the tree tried to hit his friend however, its branch-like arm glowing as it struck Sova – who didn't seem to be very bothered by it. The other tree-like Pokémon were starting to back up and leave the clearance now that a fight was breaking out. And that wasn't nice!

"Hold ooon! The Swablu chirped as he hopped closer, hoping to stop both the Glaceon and the tree-like Pokémon – but he knew that this strange Pokémon from the forest probably didn't understand him. He was still a bit confused as to what had happened, but of course his friends couldn't be attacked like that... But at the same time, should Sova really be attacking anyone here either?
"It's not good to hit weaker Pokémon, Sova!"

The Ledyba was still lying on the ground on its back, looking at the Vaporeon. It didn't understand her words and it didn't quite understand what was going on... But it wanted to taste the tail again, having quite enjoyed it. It didn't seem like the Vaporeon was letting it to do it though, making it quite sad. Letting some more sad whines, the bug rolled over on its belly and crawled a couple of inches closer, again flopping over to its back to stare at the Vaporeon with its large, wet eyes.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   The Definition of Overkill - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 6:20 am

Sova chuckled as his friend told him not to hit others weaker than himself, which was something he agreed with. He didn't generally hit things too weak to hurt him unless they were an actual threat to someone he wanted to protect.... or if they were being obnoxious. It wasn't for any moral reason, it was mostly just because it was boring to fight things so weak that they couldn't serve to even harm him. However, he hadn't actually hit this sudowoodo, it'd just injured itself trying to hit him. He did want to knock it out though, as it'd proven to be fairly hostile and as such, a threat to many of the weaker individuals who came to Pecha Forest. It needed to be taught a lesson to prevent it from doing things like this in the future.

"Varda, I didn't even hit it. It hit me and ended up hurting itself instead," he said with a rather happy tone, finding this situation to be funny.
Oh how the sudowoodo's attitude had changed now that it realized it stood no chance of even hurting him, let alone beating him. He then ran up to it and stopped abruptly, making it run in fear as it thought it was about to be attacked. Then, too fast for it to follow, the glaceon had darted around in front of it and used his own body to trip it and cut its chest and legs up. The sudowoodo moaned and tried to get back up, only to have a paw stomped into its back, which was enough to knock it out. Even for things in Pecha Forest, he'd expected it to take longer to knock them out.

"THAT was hitting it," he continued as he walked toward the way they'd come in, the rest of the tree-things no longer seeming at all interested in stopping him.

Skylar began to feel very bad about upsetting the ledyba as it continued to act in its upset manner, but it still didn't change her resolve. She wasn't going to allow her tail to be used as a chew toy.... she'd already had to give up her fur and pretty much become her worst fear, she wanted to at least keep a little bit of her dignity! However, her words clearly weren't doing anything, so she figured it was just a waste of breath trying to speak to it. Instead, she decided to just ignore the thing and see if it would go away, despite how bad it made her feel to do such a thing. She purposely looked away from it and walked farther away, hoping it would just leave or at least stop begging for HER TAIL.

Instead of focusing on the ledyba, Sky decided to focus on something that seemed more pressing to her. She was wearing not one, but TWO ribbons, a violet ribbon from the Guild tied around her left paw and a Joy ribbon around her neck, and even her bag.... yet.... none of these things seemed to be sinking through her. She figured this meant her body could still support some weight, just not the weight of a ledyba. Clearly, something like a few ribbons or a bag was possible, though. That was good.... she didn't want to worry about having a panic attack and losing all her stuff.

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   The Definition of Overkill - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 3:31 pm

Varda opened his beak as if to object, but honestly... Sova was right! The Glaceon hadn't technically hit the tree-like Pokémon, it had punched the Pokémon itself and gotten hurt in the process. It was hard to argue against that, surely one couldn't be blamed for being too hard to punch. Not that punching anyone was alright either, so it wasn't like this feral Pokémon was right to do what it was doing. Everyone was a little bit wrong and right in this situation, he felt. Now they could just leave and hopefully things would go to normal even if they didn't resolve it properly–

Except as the tree tried to get away, the Glaceon dashed in front of it and used his own body to stop it, causing the plant-like Pokémon to trip and fall on the ground, injured. Sova then placed a paw on the back of the Pokémon, not letting it get up. That... That wasn't in as morally gray area as the earlier action, though!
"S-Sova! I said that you shouldn't do things like that!" Varda chirped to his friend, but what was done was done. There wasn't really much he could do about it, and as Sova seemed to be satisfied with this, nothing else was done to the tree. The Ice-type Pokémon started to leave once more, the tree-like Pokémon not moving in to stop him. The Swablu hopped after his friend.

The bug Pokémon was still whining, but it noticed how the Vaporeon suddenly started to ignore it, looking elsewhere and even starting to move away! That was horrible, its whining stopping for a moment as its eyes grew wider and it watched in silence, trying to figure out what was happening – and what it should do. Slowly, the Ledyba blinked and rolled over, crawling closer very carefully. The moment it saw that the Vaporeon was glancing in its direction again, it threw itself on the ground, flopped over to its back and started to whine and squirm pitifully.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   The Definition of Overkill - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 12:57 pm

Sova gave a light chuckle at his friend's persistence in trying to inform him of what he was and wasn't supposed to do. Didn't Varda know by now that he never did what he was told? It was probably a rather negative testament to his morality, but he really didn't care too much about how others viewed his morals. All he cared was for was making his superiority evident.... yeah, that was his only reason for choosing to attack the sudowoodo. The possibility of teaching a hostile feral a lesson and stopping it from significantly hurting others in the future was.... just a bonus, he didn't care about things like that, obviously.

"Yes, yes you did. And I ignored you," he responded, purposely making light of the bird's clearly serious words.
It wasn't that he didn't care that he'd upset Varda, but he didn't want the little swablu's breath to be wasted on a lost cause such as him. However, he almost immediately began to feel bad, perhaps getting a little carried away with the situation. Maybe he'd have to apologize, under the assumption his words would even upset Varda. He knew from experience that this particular swablu could be rather difficult to faze.

Skylar couldn't help but hear something moving behind her, so of course, she turned around....and immediately regretted it. The ledyba was still stalking her, proving to be very persistent, and what was more, it seemed she'd done exactly what it wanted as it immediately rolled over and acted pitiful once more. "UUHG," she groaned and turned back around before walking further away from the bug.
Why wouldn't it just leave her alone? What had she done to deserve this, be too interesting? Was she even that interesting, or did her tail just taste good? She.... hadn't actually ever tasted her tail, so it seemed at least possible.... not that she was particularly interested in finding out.

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   The Definition of Overkill - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 2:49 pm

"You shouldn't ignore others, Sova!" Varda chirped as he hopped after his friend, not really needing it spelled out. It was obvious that the words were ignored! ...Well, alright, maybe there could have been a chance that Sova actually tried following his advice, but forgot or just... Didn't know what to do. Everything was possible, he figured... But ignoring wouldn't really be good! Many good tips would be missed like that.
"I bet my father would have been very mad if I didn't listen to him," he continued, his worldview rather limited, but there was some truth to it. Not listening to figures of authority would be a rather troublesome thing indeed...

But then... The Swablu remembered something. They had been in the clearing for a while now, distracted by many other things. And they had left Skylar behind. The forest wasn't very intimidating, so surely she would be fine. He hadn't really heard anything that would suggest otherwise, either. But they had one task left to do, so maybe it would be better if they got to that soon and did it together, all three of them...
"Oh, that's right... We should get back to Skylar already."

The bug continued to whine and follow, not wanting to give up its delicious treat it had grown quite attached to. It wasn't like it was hungry, per se, but there just was some kind of intoxicating taste it couldn't stop sucking on. Every time the Vaporeon walked, the Ledyba crawled closer, stopping so it wouldn't get too close. When she wasn't looking, it wasn't doing anything, as if believing that the Vaporeon couldn't see it if she wasn't looking at it directly. But when it did notice her eyes glancing in its direction... Oh, it threw itself on the ground again, continuing its whining temper tantrum.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   The Definition of Overkill - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 6:33 pm

Sova's suspicions were proven right, that Varda was going to be his usual unfazed and unconditionally happy self, which in turn made himself happy as well.  Albeit, Varda had seen a bit upset for a moment, but.... that happened a lot, it was no big deal.  The important thing was that there was clearly no grudge, so he had no need to apologize!  However, something else began to kill his mood just as he was allowed to forget about upsetting Varda.  Mention of the bird's father.... well, it made him think about his own parents.  Specifically, it made him miss them.... but only for a second, before he was reminded that they needed to get back to Skylar.  It was then that he noticed he'd apparently stopped moving as he'd begun to think of his parents, but he quickly started up again toward the exit.  Or.... well, the way they'd come in.

"Right, right, Sky.... lar," he began as he exited through the foliage, pausing in confusion as he saw a.... ledyba following his friend around.
Suddenly, his mood was quite uplifted by the rather funny scene.  "Pffff, Skylar, you alright there?," he questioned loudly enough to be clearly heard, clearly trying to hold back giggles so as not to hurt his friend's feelings.... much.

Skylar continued to attempt to distance herself from the ledyba and ignore it, only for it to persistently be behind her, begging for her tail whenever she looked at it.  She was just starting to wonder if maybe she could try climbing a tree or something when the others came back into view from Narnia Wonderland Neverland Oz The Chocolate Factory the hidden area they'd entered, relieving her.  It wasn't like she'd be able to climb in this state, anyway, as her body seemed to lose most of its traction when like this.

"This weird thing wants to chew on my tail and I'm melting, so NOT REALLY," she responded in a rather serious and slightly scared tone, still being nervous about the whole melting thing.
She'd been doing her best to keep herself calm, since it seemed panicking was what always made her.... liquefy, but that didn't mean it wasn't scary to her.  Prior to evolution, she'd been under the assumption that the genetic code of eevee stabilized when they evolved, but now that she had experience with it, it seemed like the opposite.

Sova couldn't help but giggle a bit at his friend's worry at the situation, completely failing to acknowledge the bit about melting.  He hadn't thought anything of it, the ledyba chasing Skylar around had completely captivated his attention.  "I don't think the Guild allows pets," he teased.

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   The Definition of Overkill - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 2:01 am

Varda looked up at his friend who had suddenly stopped walking, but as fast as it had happened, the Glaceon was soon moving once more. He didn't even have time to ask if everything was alright, the whole situation was brushed under the rug before it was even properly brought to light. Well, it was probably nothing. The bird was all smiles again as he waddled after his friend, not even thinking of asking anything – and indeed, probably having forgotten the whole thing already.

The pair entered the bush that had served as a barrier of the clearance, emerging from it to get to the other side where Skylar – hopefully – was waiting. The bird didn't know until he opened his eyes, forced shut due to the leaves of the bush. And seeing her there... Well, it was a relief of course, the Swablu happily chirping his hellos. However, not everything was alright. There was a new Pokémon, some kind of large bug that crawled after the Vaporeon, but it didn't seem to be attacking. In fact... It almost seemed to be injured in the way it flopped over and whined? Varda immediately started to look more worried, his concerned eyes looking at Skylar.

And then, the horror! His beak opened. The Vaporeon was complaining about melting, so of course he would be horrified! Taking a few steps forward, the Swablu spread his wings.
"Oh no! Is it hot? Is it because it's hot? I can try to help!" He offered, already flapping his wings as an example as he tried to create a refreshing, cooling breeze. The bug-like Pokémon didn't really seem to care, just giving one short glance at the newcomers before it continued hunting for the tail.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   The Definition of Overkill - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 10:36 am

Skylar's nervousness suddenly faded for a moment as her comment about melting seemed to be taken the wrong way. She hadn't meant she was hot, no, she was literally melting! "Uh.... n-no, I-" she began, trying to think of a way to explain her situation.
Luckily, the spotlight was taken off her as her leader interrupted. He seemed to know quite a lot about her situation, but that was because Sova seemed to have studied eevee's evolutions a lot. He seemed to know a lot about all of them!

Sova gave a slightly worried look to the vaporeon as he realized her comment about melting was serious. He knew just what the problem was, and he knew explaining it to Varda would be a difficult and delicate task, so he decided to take over. "Oh.... you're serious. Uh.... Varda, eevee's evolutions are all tailored to specific environments, that of vaporeon being aquatic life. Vaporeon have a molecular structure that's...." he paused as he realized this probably wasn't making sense to Varda, "....Vaporeon are similar to water. Their bodies can change to be even more like water, basically they can melt. Skylar has no clue how to use it, so I guess it just happens as a defense reflex when she's scared. She's not gonna melt to death, it just makes it harder to hurt her," he continued.

He wasn't just trying to educate Varda here, though. He also wanted to get the point across to Skylar that this occurrence wasn't going to hurt her. More importantly, he wanted her to know it was probably only going to stop if she calmed down. With that in mind, he turned his attention back to the vaporeon and spoke up once more. "It's not gonna hurt you. It anything, it'll protect you."

Skylar listened to the explanation of her curse, which was being portrayed as more of a special ability, something that could help her. She.... she knew it wasn't dangerous by now, as it'd happened multiple times and her body seemed to somehow stay intact despite seemingly melting, but that didn't mean it wasn't scary to her. She was afraid of water already without having to BE water, this just made it so much worse! She knew it was unreasonable to be afraid of water when she'd already found she could breathe under water now and she knew it was equally unreasonable to be afraid of her own defense reflexes, but she just couldn't help it. All of this talk of how good it was just made her feel.... bad, for being scared. It was something she couldn't help and having it emphasized that it was irrational just made her feel stupid. She merely hanged her head, unable to think of any reasonable defense.

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   The Definition of Overkill - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2015 4:56 pm

Varda stopped flapping, the wind apparently not helping the melting issue. He looked at the Vaporeon before he heard Sova speak up, turning to look at the Glaceon who was currently explaining about the Eevee line's evolutions – which Sova and Skylar both were, if the bird was right! However, he didn't really understand a word. He looked at his friend with those large beady eyes of his, blinking slowly as he smiled, looking oblivious and it was quite apparent that everything was currently flying right over his head.

Oh, right. A Vaporeon was a Water-type Pokémon that was like water. That made sense, water was melty. And blue! Water was definitely blue and Skylar was blue too, so maybe she was exactly like water. That was some a revelation that the Swablu couldn't help but coo in awe, turning to look at the Vaporeon in question, looking at her in an entirely different light. It probably wouldn't be a good idea to drink her when one was thirsty, though. That didn't seem like a very good idea.

The Ledyba seemed to have different ideas, as now that the Vaporeon was distracted, it used the moment to its advantage. Stalking closer, it hopped to catch the tail in its mouth... Only to have the blue liquid helplessly pour out of its mouth even though it tried to clamp its jaws shut as tightly as it could. It fell on the ground with a thud and whined.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   The Definition of Overkill - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 5:02 pm

Skylar's moping was abruptly cut off as she felt a familiar grabbing sensation on her tail. Much to her dismay, the ledyba was right back to trying to bite her, but luckily, it could no longer do so. She turned around to look at the failed tail-biter, unable to help but feel a little bad for the poor thing. It couldn't even seem to comprehend what was going on. "Well, at least that thing can't bite me like this," she stated, trying to look at the bright side of things.
Sure, she was all melty and it was terrifying, but at least creepy bugs couldn't nom on her tail! The thing persistently trying to bite her also let her gather a bit more information about herself.

It seemed like in this state, despite being a lot like water, her body was very difficult to.... separate. No matter how many times the ledyba bit down her tail, she didn't seem to lose any body mass, all of the liquid it managed to get into its mouth seemed to just be pulled back out toward her tail rather than being separated from her body. It was almost like she was water, but stuck together. This wasn't particularly amazing considering most normal bodies were pretty hard to just "separate" too, but she'd previously thought that she would end up just falling apart and melting into the ground or something in this state, so actually seeing her body being able to keep its form under stress like this was a bit of a relief.

Sova noticed that it seemed his explanation had had the opposite of the intended effect, making Skylar upset, and he of course wanted to make up for that. However, he wasn't very good at making others happy, so he couldn't think of anything to say before the ledyba tried biting onto his friend's tail. He thought about attacking it, but it.... well, it didn't really seem threatening. That and Skylar didn't seem too particularly bothered by it, so he didn't see any real reason to hit it. Though, of course, if it upset Skylar, he would not hesitate to swat it across the forest. He couldn't help but chuckle at the site, though, since Skylar wasn't bothered at all by it.

"Well, I guess that's definitely a plus. It's not bad for self-defense. Like, anyone trying to hurt you is gonna end up like that ledyba," the glaceon explained, pointing a paw to the ledyba as he did so.
He neglected to specify that it only protected against PHYSICAL harm, as only physical attacks would have trouble hurting water. A thunderbolt, for example, would simply surge through water and do even MORE than normal, if anything. However, the neglect to state this was merely because he didn't want to forcibly center the topic around the thing that was bothering his teammate.

(I feel like drinking a vaporeon would be a bad idea. Like, it'd probably let them destroy your body from the inside, like some freaky blood-bending. "You're 60% water. Now you're 60% MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.")

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   The Definition of Overkill - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 12:01 am

Varda seemed to be completely amazed at Skylar's ability, her distress quickly forgotten as he hopped closer to take a better look. The bug that was whining was also quite easily forgotten, only there to be a demonstration of how the watery Vaporeon just easily slid out of its grasp, fwoosh! Or, no, that wasn't a good sound effect for water. Spliiish, maybe? He had to work on that, but this was the first time he thought about it so no one could expect anything amazing out of him, right?

"I think it's pretty cool!" The Swablu chirped as he let the others know what he thought about this, spreading his wings in excitement as he looked from the Glaceon to the Vaporeon and back,
"Do you think you phase through trees and such like that? That would be amazing! Though it's amazing even if you can't!" He continued in his excitement, his eyes sparkling with awe and anticipation as he looked at Skylar and the way her body rippled as something touched it...

The Ledyba meanwhile, had given up. On everything, not just grabbing the tail. No, life itself was worthless, useless. Completely unnecessary and miserable. It just lied on the ground on its back, its legs twitching as it let out the saddest whines. This was it, the part where it would die due to how miserable life was.

((It's like a hug. From the inside.))
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   The Definition of Overkill - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 7:47 pm

Skylar smiled ever so slightly as her "ability" was complimented, though she still wasn't a fan of it. At least it wasn't dangerous to her, though, right? She tried to take her mind off such thoughts, instead focusing on how she was now apparently hosting an AMA. Could she phase through things? "Uh.... I.... I don't think so. I mean, I'm not sinking into the ground, so...." she hesitantly began, clearly not too sure herself.
She was hesitant to actually test this, though, because WHAT IF SHE COULD!? What if it hurt?? What if she accidentally phased through something and ended up in a bad situation?

Sova tried to allow the vaporeon to explain her own ability from her experience, as he himself was curious how much she knew, and.... well, he didn't actually know EVERYTHING about it. After all, he'd chosen to evolve in the glaceon and there was only so much one could learn about something without experiencing it, or at least talking to someone who experienced it. However, it seemed Skylar was having difficulties explaining, seeming like she didn't even know, so the glaceon decided to take it upon himself to speak up. "You can phase through small things.... maybe.... As long as it won't completely separate your body into two pieces, you uh.... should be fine. Assuming you can weaken your molecular bonds enough to.... um.... yeah you can probably do it," he explained, realizing he probably wasn't making sense again.
Normally, he didn't make things sound so.... complicated, but he knew a lot about this topic and wanted to be as informative as he could.

Skylar was actually a bit relieved to hear she couldn't phase through large objects, as that just seemed dangerous. Maybe this odd ability would be useful at some point, though, despite it seeming pretty scary at the moment. Her attention was taken off the fact that she was basically water as she heard the bug whining and glanced over to it to see it looking pitiful once more. But.... what could she possibly do? Even if she wanted to hand her tail over - which she didn't - she couldn't! She had no clue how to control this.... whatever it was. Maybe Sova could help her?

(Don't you just love it when things hug you from the inside?)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   The Definition of Overkill - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 1:34 am

Varda seemed to be very excited as he looked at the Vaporeon, his eyes two large, sparkling orbs. It was as if he was currently seeing the coolest thing possible in the world – and that probably was what Skylar's ability was to him, at the moment. A new coolest thing in the world would most likely rear its head in the future, perhaps even in the next five minutes... But for now, this was the greatest, coolest and most awesome-est thing. He thought that it would be really cool to walk through walls or something!

Though the Vaporeon didn't seem to think she could do that, directing the bird's attention to the ground. It was right that she wasn't falling through it – which was a really, really good thing, as falling through the ground couldn't be a good thing! Perhaps... She couldn't go through things after all. It was a bit disappointing, such showing up on the Swablu's face before the smile returned as he looked at Sova.

Phasing through small things, that was the Glaceon's guess. Varda couldn't help but nod.
"Yeah, maybe! Like... What if you walk through a bush or something?" He chirped, tilting his head and looking quite curious. Anyone could walk through a bush, yes, but... Maybe Skylar could do it without disrupting the leaves and the branches!

But she couldn't do anything without disrupting the whining Ledyba on the ground, slowly dying – in its mind.

((All the parasites love to give you inside hugs.))
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   The Definition of Overkill - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 11:29 pm

Skylar was still a bit hesitant on the idea of being able to go through things, though a bush didn't exactly seem harmful, so the thought of that wasn't worrisome to her. Maybe it would actually be useful to her some day if she could do things like that, but for now, she was happy not trying. Maybe some other time, in a more controlled environment. But right now, she didn't really feel comfortable with the melting thing in general, let alone messing with it. "I'll.... try some other time," she responded, looking over to the bird and hoping he'd be okay with this.

She then heard the ledyba's whines again and looked at it once more. She felt a bit bad still, but wasn't really sure what she was supposed to do about it. Just leaving it felt harsh, but.... surely it'd be fine, right? It wasn't like it would die from lack of her tail, and-
Suddenly, an odd sensation filled the vaporeon, her back in specific. It felt like.... something was on it.... or.... in it? She turned around to see a pineco sliding off of her back, slightly inside of her. It looked almost like it'd somehow pierced her skin, but.... it didn't hurt! In fact, she barely felt it! The pineco harmlessly slid off her, onto the ground, and her body seemed completely unfazed by this. "Oh," she spoke quietly.

Sova kind of liked the idea of getting Skylar to learn how to use her ability, but clearly the vaporeon had other ideas. Disappointing, but she'd surely change her mind eventually. For now, she'd at least calmed down, and that was the important thing. Actually, the whole melty thing was probably going to stop soon with a calm atmosphere. It seemed to happen when the vaporeon was stressed, after all.

When the pineco fell, Sova was a bit worried at first that his teammate would flip out. But the situation was surprisingly taken rather well, and it seemed the defense reflex was at least doing its job, because falling pineco usually hurt enough to elicit more of a reaction than that. Seeing that the situation wasn't tense, he allowed himself to smile faintly, as.... it was a bit funny in his opinion. This wasn't the full extent of a vaporeon's power, he was certain, yet it was still doing a good job of deflecting pineco. Imagining what Skylar could be like in the future.... well, it didn't seem fitting for such a pacifistic, nice pokémon. This was funny to the glaceon.

(Skylar is a parasite confirmed. Also, we're almost through with the all the encounters. We have a bunch of exeggcute, a phantump, a weepinbell, and 2 1 pineco left.)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   The Definition of Overkill - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 26, 2015 2:18 am

Varda nodded happily as Skylar mentioned how she'd try phasing through a bush one day. That was good, he had managed to give her some ideas when it came to testing out her ability! He was sure it would be a lot of fun – it looked like a lot of fun, at least! The bird seemed to be completely oblivious to the distraught the Vaporeon was feeling while she was seemingly melting, assuming that she was just as excited for it as he was!

A slight rustle from above caught the Swablu's interest, his gaze directed towards the leaves above them. The branches... Seemed to move slightly, but it wasn't wind. No, there barely even was a breeze in the air, and the movement didn't seem right! A few leaves came loose, floating towards the ground gently... And they were quickly followed by something much heavier, falling down with quite a lot of speed – right on top of Skylar!

Before the bird even managed to react, the object just... Kinda got stuck on the Vaporeon's back, slowly sliding down as if through some kind of sludge. Varda blinked and gasped, going through surprise and worry and confusion all in rapid succession as he tried to find the right response.
"Ah! A giant pine cone!"

((Stop being a parasite, Skylar. Also we should find the Pecha berry we need for the mission in-character too, maybe Skylar can do some amazing detective work.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   The Definition of Overkill - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Definition of Overkill
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: Just Outside Grassveil's Boundaries :: Pecha Forest-
Jump to: