Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!
Check out the Staff Recruitment thread if you are interested in becoming a staff member!

Summer Harvest Event

Want to keep up to date with site happenings? Here's the June News Thread!

Share | 

The Definition of Overkill

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord E V
Head Secretary & Lord of the Eevees

Poké : 8905

PostSubject: The Definition of Overkill   Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:40 am

First topic message reminder :

Mission Details:

Sunny, bright, peaceful, beautiful.... boring. Pecha Forest was the last place Sova wanted to be, but there were missions to be done here. Besides, here he didn't have to worry much about Varda's safety, let alone his safety. This was especially helpful since he had someone else whom he needed to worry about today. A certain vaporeon who had just joined his team, one he felt the need to walk through her first mission.

The vaporeon followed along, staying behind her leader. She didn't want to agitate him by trying to take the lead. Besides, she trusted that he knew what he was doing and where he was going. It was Pecha Forest after all, there didn't really seem to be much to fear here. She'd been here plenty and was still alive and well. Then again, she hadn't been in the guild, she'd never taken any missions, let alone three at once. Technically there were three guild members here, but still.... three missions seemed like a lot for a newbie like herself.

Sova sighed at the boring environment. "So, Skylar. I'm sure Varda'd like to get to know you. Come to think of it, I don't know all that much about you either. Sooo, why'd you wanna be an explorer?", he questioned as he looked back at the vaporeon and glanced over to the swablu, hoping to spark up some kind of conversation to keep him from getting too bored.
He hadn't really expected to be bringing Varda along for the missions, but he was sure glad it turned out the way it did. The little swablu was fun to have around and luckily, he was at the guild at the time they were picking out missions.

Skylar shrugged to the glaceon's question. "I don't actually care all that much for the exploring part. I want to help others, that's all. I'm more interested in the rescuing aspect than the exploring, honestly.", she explained.
The fighting involved with being in the guild didn't really interest her either, but it was fighting for a good cause. Technically, she would still be helping others. Besides, she didn't want to mention any complaints about fighting since one of their missions was an outlaw mission. "How about you two?", she questioned, not having much more to add to the conversation her self at the moment.

Sova listened patiently and decided to wait for his bird friend to respond first. He wasn't in any hurry to explain his reasoning for being in the guild. Actually.... he'd been doing a good job of kind of suppressing that recently. What was it again? No, no, he didn't want to think about it.

Character Records

Is it my post in our thread?  Wanna start a thread with me?  Hit me up HERE

Oh yeah, and I dabble in pixel art.  If you're interested, check out my shop.

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:25 pm

The two eeveelutions got to work picking up all of the things that'd been thrown at them, remaining silent throughout the pickup session. For the most part, it was fairly easy, as nearly everything was out in the open due to being carelessly tossed around. Honestly, these aipom had very poor aim to miss so much and manage to scatter the projectiles in such a wide area. Maybe the group of hooligans had been doing this to bystanders all day and just weren't picking up the things they threw?

Sova ended up with a lot of things he didn't really want due to just trying to get the cleanup session over with quickly. At the realization everyone was done, he almost immediately began walking in a random direction in an attempt to get away from this area and not have to see the monkeys that he couldn't hit. "Okay, lets-," he began ,but paused as Varda seemed to find something.
"Uuuuuuuuuuuuuhg," he moaned as he approached the bush the swablu was busy exploring.
Hopefully, this was something good. Or maybe it was a total waste of time, like a stick.

Skylar stopped collecting items before the others, wanting to give them most of the spoils. She figured it to be nice to take less and give it to her friends. Hearing that Varda'd found something got her attention, since she assumed "something" meant something better than what they'd already been collecting. What was it, she wondered? Whatever it was, it was apparently hidden in a bush, which she approached in case the swablu needed any help with whatever it was. "What is it?," she questioned.

"It better not be a stick," Sova added, still stuck on the idea of Varda getting all hyped up over something so silly.
Honestly, it really didn't seem unrealistic for this particular little bird, anyways. Varda constantly got over-excited by really underwhelming things, so who was to say he didn't see a fairly normal item and decide it was better just because it was harder to find? ....Or something.

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper

Poké : 12094

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:06 pm

"It's not a stick! I think," Varda chirped as he disappeared into the bush, his tail feathers soon pulled inside. He walked right through it, what he wanted wasn't here it seemed. On the other side was a small clearing surrounded by various bushes and trees both big and small, the sunlight filtering in through the leaves and creating small splotches of light on the grassy ground below. The bird stopped once he entered, his eyes scanning his surroundings as he tried to see what he had seen just a moment ago.

There, his eyes stopped. Something white and smooth was peeking in through the leaves of a tree, forcing the Swablu to hop into a different position so his view wouldn't be blocked by the leaves. On a low branch of a small tree was hanging an odd little box tied with a string, gently swaying in the slight breeze that occasionally made it to the forest. It was very off if you asked him, so of course Varda had to spread his wings and fly on the branch to inspect. The box seemed to be made out of something like cardboard, but it was heavy enough that something clearly was inside it... But he didn't manage to untie the knot, as it was much too tight for him.

It was alright though, he could just cut the string! The bird Pokémon flew on the off little tree that was positioned under the branch, landing gently. He put his wings under the odd little box to catch it as he used his beak to cut the string, catching the box...
"I found a box thiwoaaaaah–" Varda called out, but suddenly the tree he was standing on moved! It seemed to come alive right under his legs – and it didn't seem to be the only strange tree that suddenly came alive!
Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:27 pm

Both eeveelutions waited patiently, that was of course, until they heard a certain swablu being cut off mid-sentence by.... something. Skylar moved to investigate, but was cut off by Sova stepping in front of her. "Stay," he demanded, wanting to keep his rookie teammate out of harm's way.

The vaporeon hung her head and gave a slightly sad expression, showing reluctant submission to the order. She really didn't like the idea of having to stay back while someone could be in trouble, but she couldn't exactly go against Sova's orders. Even if she wanted to do the exact opposite of what her leader said, she was pretty sure he had the capabilities to stop her. Besides, she assumed it was probably with her safety in mind that she was being disallowed from coming. Surely, the other two could handle whatever the problem was!

Seeing his teammate was doing what he told her to, Sova bolted through the foliage in the direction Varda had gone to see what was wrong. There, he saw what, at a glance, appeared to be trees. On closer inspection, though, he realized some of them were moving.... sudowoodo! "Varda, you alright!?," he questioned, completely disregarding the possibly-threatening rock-tree-things until he knew whether he was leaving peacefully or seeing what the insides of a sudowoodo looked like.

Skylar remained out in the daylight, feeling rather awkward just standing around doing nothing.... and lonely. Awkward and lonely. She would have liked to help, but supposed it was for the best that she stayed away from a possible dangerous situation, at least until she knew how to protect herself better. After all, she'd already been incapacitated once, so it was fairly clear there was more work to be done before she could be trusted to hold her own in a fight. The vaporeon was willing to be honest with herself here, there was no shame in not being perfect, right?

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:54 pm

Varda had been completely surprised by the movement under his legs. Yes, trees and branches sometimes swayed in the wind, but not like this! As he had already used his wings to catch the odd little box thing he found, and as he wasn't going to drop it in case there was something that could break inside... There really was one possible outcome in this. Pulling his wings closer to his body and hugging the box, the bird did try to catch onto something with his feet, but it vain. Instead, he fell off and just plopped on the ground with a little oomph. Luckily the fall wasn't too bad...

Sova's voice rang out in his ears, causing the Swablu to open his eyes and stir.
"Oh, um, yes! Yes, I think so!" He called out, rolling on the ground carefully so he could get back on his feet. The box was placed carefully on the soft grass, his little birdy feet grabbing the string tied around it as he flapped his wings and rose into the air, finally able to take a good look at their surroundings.

The tree had come alive – as had two other trees, their little beady eyes staring at the pair. And they looked quite angry, actually! They weren't attacking just yet, but the air has tense with anticipation and energy that could erupt at any moment.
"Ah... I'm sorry, is this... Your box?" Varda chirped, tilting his head slightly. He didn't really know if these Pokémon were angry because of the box or because he had probably stood on one of them accidentally... But he hadn't meant to do that!

Meanwhile, back where Skylar was waiting, a red bug with black spots started to crawl closer to the Vaporeon. As far as bugs went, it certainly wasn't the smallest one, a rather bulky ladybug the size of the Water-type Pokémon herself! It wasn't running or trying to attack, it seemed, but it was heading directly towards Skylar. And when it finally did stop, it did it much too close to be comfortable, its large bug eyes staring at the Vaporeon.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:01 pm

Sova silently prepared to deal with the fake trees in case they decided to get hostile, though he was willing to let Varda try the.... Varda way of fixing things first. Maybe he could threaten the trees, though he was unsure if they would even understand, as they didn't seem to be responding to the swablu, or at least they hadn't yet. However, they were giving very unwelcoming glares to suggest they probably weren't happy about the intrusion. He couldn't exactly read minds and tell if they were going to attack, but maybe he could tell why they were upset.

Taking note of the box, the glaceon spoke up. "What's in it? Check, see if it's something a sudowoodo would sensibly want to have. Maybe someone just left it hanging on one of them, they don't move much sometimes and get mistaken for small trees," he said in reference to the box, suggesting to just check inside.
If it wasn't something that seemed like a sudowoodo would want it, it was very likely they were just naturally hostile or they'd been woken up and were upset. In both cases, they likely weren't going to be calmed down, so fighting was probably the only option if that were the case. Of course, if it was something the trees could want, the easy solution would be to just give it back.

Skylar laid on the ground as she waited for the other two, swishing her tail around occasionally in her boredom. She took to looking at her front paws and the grass around her as she waited, carelessly forgetting to pay any mind to her surroundings, which was especially bad since there was no one around to do it for her. She still hadn't quite gotten used to basically being her worst fear, water.... or not being fluffy anymore.... but she neglected to ever bring up how she felt about this to anyone, not wanting to put the burden of knowing she was upset on others. Still, water just seemed so much more terrifying now, with the fact that she seemed to uncontrollably MELT in water now.

Caught up in her own thoughts, the vaporeon failed to notice the bug approaching her until it was right in front of her. Even then, she only noticed due to its shadow being in her view. She glanced up, only to see the odd, big-eyed face in front of her, staring silently. She gasped and jumped back, scrambling to her paws before realizing it wasn't attacking and calming down. It was just standing there..... staring.... "Uh.... h-hi?," she spoke up after a moment of confused hesitation.
If it wasn't trying to hurt her, she didn't want to be rude and just stand there!

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:12 am

Varda attempted his diplomacy, but he was unable to get any kind of response from the trees. They were silent, so it was hard to say if they even understood, or maybe they were mute – or unable to just speak a language they could understand. This communication attempt was at a stand-still! However, Sova's voice caused the bird to stir from his thoughts, his eyes glancing at his friend before looking back at the odd little white box. That... Was a great idea! They should see what was in the box indeed!

"Alright! I hope you're fine with this," the Swablu chirped at the tree-like Pokémon, but he didn't get a reply. In fact, he wasn't really waiting for one, already eager to open the box. He had forgotten all about actually opening it, so amazed at the existence of a mere box! He used his sharp beak to snap the thread holding the thing closed, pulling back the lid and peeking in...

Something blue... A berry? An Oran berry? Varda blinked, staring at it before looking back up and turning around to look at Sova.
"It's an Oran berry!"

The bug that had gotten close to Skylar was still there, having stopped when it was extremely close, its large bug eyes staring at the Vaporeon without blinking. Its mouth opened slightly as it breathed audibly, a haa escaping it on both inhales and exhales. It inched even closer now that the Pokémon had jumped further away from it...
Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:17 am

Sova watched and waited as his friend opened the box, with the sudowoodo all staying back and avoiding attacking. Good, those things knew what was good for them, then. His ears perked slightly when Varda announced the contents of the box, a lone Oran berry, which normally wouldn't have been anything to celebrate.... except for the fact that this was clearly the berry they'd come to find! "Hmm.... an Oran berry in a box, left hanging on what would appear to someone uninformed as a tree.... in a secluded area of the forest," he spoke, purposely being vague and suspenseful about it before finally giving his thoughts on the matter.

"I believe we've just finished one of our missions," he continued, giving a slight smile to Varda before turning to exit the area, expecting the bird to follow.
If the living trees wanted to try and stop the two from leaving, well, they could try, but they would fail. He figured Varda alone could probably handle these things, despite being at a type disadvantage AND being against multiple opponents, so there was no way the sudowoodo could do anything with both of them there.

Skylar began to get a bit worried as the odd little bug just kept crawling closer to her, breathing in a creepy manner and saying nothing. Its wide eyes just stared at her as it crawled ever closer, never blinking, never responding. She slowly backed away, matching its pace to keep it at an acceptable distance from her. "W-what do you want?," she questioned in growing worry and confusion, receiving no answer.
It was okay, though, as long as it didn't attack and she stayed away from it, she'd be fine! Right? Even if it attacked, she could surely take on a little bug.... okay, well, it wasn't exactly little, but it wasn't really big and terrifying either. It just.... acted really creepy and it was really weirding her out.

The vaporeon backed away until she bumped into something, which absolutely TERRIFIED her. She suddenly jumped forward, yipped in fear and fell to the ground, turning her head to see.... a tree. She'd bumped into a tree and flipped out for no reason. Relief filled her for a moment, before she heard the familiar sound of the creepy ladybug breathing in the direction that was now behind her since she'd turned her head away from it. She had completely forgotten about it! Turning to see the ladybug inches from her, staring blankly once more, Sky pulled herself up to her paws and ran in the opposite direction of it again, managing to run into the tree again, this time much harder than before. "Oooow....," she whined after literally ramming her shoulder into a tree.

(Skylar vs nature. Nature wins.)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:24 pm

Varda looked at his friend, tilting his head as he listened. It seemed like Sova had an idea about the berry – was it maybe some kind of treasure of these wood-like Pokémon? They... Hadn't attacked or really done anything even though he had opened the box, so it didn't seem like they were very angry about that. Actually, they hadn't made any kind of actions that would tell him anything, so it seemed like these Pokémon were feral in the way that they probably couldn't understand his speech. But at least they didn't seem to be all that hostile, just... Maybe reserved was the better word to describe them?

The Swablu's eyes had managed to wander to the angry trees before glancing back at Sova, hearing the comment about them finishing their mission. His beady little eyes widened and a big smile appeared on his face. Was this really the Oran berry? That was amazing!
"Really?" He cooed, still looking like he couldn't believe it – even though their mission had been an extremely simple one. He started to hop after the Glaceon, but glanced back at the tree-like Pokémon just to see what they were doing. They weren't attacking still and didn't seem to mind it when Varda took the berry, so maybe...

The Ledyba continued to breathe heavily and stare right into the Vaporeon's eyes, but it didn't move closer when she stood still. No, it only started to approach once the Pokémon it was staring at was backing away, trying to keep the same distance – but when the Vaporeon suddenly yelped as she hit the tree, the bug just kept staring, not moving so it wouldn't be hurt by the scared Pokémon. It did come closer when she was on the ground, but again the Water-type Pokémon seemed to freak out and rammed into the tree. The Ledyba tilted his head, but approached once more, its movements pretty much a slow crawl. It started to grow interested in the Vaporeon's fin-like tail, eventually inserting the other split half into its mouth and held it there. It didn't have teeth, so it didn't really hurt, but it wasn't letting go either – yet, at least.

((Skylar noo.))
Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:24 am

Sova sighed to his friend's bewilderment at them having completed a relatively simple task, but decided not to say anything and to instead just let the bird feel all happy and stuff. Maybe all the excess happiness would eventually rub off on him or something.... well, probably not. Fighting - and winning - was the only thing that easily brought him joy, but that risked the safety of those around him, so it wasn't exactly something he could partake in often. Plus, he didn't like losing.... or sustaining any severe injuries, but the latter wasn't too bad. However, it seemed fate wanted to taunt him, giving him hope for joy as one of the sudowoodo stepped in front of him.

Instead of attacking, Sova just kept walking forward with the sudowoodo blocking him. He didn't want to fight right now, he didn't want to end up upsetting or hurting Varda, but if this thing was going to block the way out.... he had no choice. However, he was certainly going to do everything in his power to scare it into backing the f*ck down before fighting, especially since he was certain even all of the rock-trees together stood no chance against him, so there wouldn't be any fun in fighting them. "Move or you're gonna regret it," he threatened as he approached with a consistent pace, giving a very serious glare to back it up.
If the sudowoodo could understand and knew what was good for it, it was definitely going to move. If it had at least one of those going for it, then it would probably still move.

Skylar slowly slid to the ground, the totally intense berating from the tree simply being too much for her to handle. Then she felt something clamp onto her tail, it didn't really hurt but.... it wasn't exactly a nice feeling either. She was feeling utterly humiliated at that moment, beaten by an inanimate object and something that clearly wasn't even trying to fight her, how sad was that? "Oooow....," she whined as she just laid against the tree, not really feeling up to the task of getting up at the moment, lest some other embarrassing and painful things happen to her.
If she just stayed still, she couldn't hurt herself anymore, so that was what she intended to do. "Get ooooooooooff," she continued to whine, hoping the thing that'd decided to attach itself to her could understand speech and would let go and just leave her to sulk.

(RIP in pepperoni Skylar)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:47 pm

Varda put the berry in his bag and waddled after his friend, but one of the trees, still looking quite angry, stepped in front of the Glaceon and glared down at both of them. He figured... That this Pokémon was blocking their path? What for? Were they still angry – or was it about the berry after all? Oh, this was so troublesome, he had no idea what was wrong, so he has no idea what to say or do... Well, just do, as these Pokémon didn't seem to understand them. Sova made a mention of how the tree-like Pokémon were going to regret it if this one didn't move, but that wouldn't do any good! They didn't seem to speak the same language...

"Oh, Sova, I don't think they understand what we say," he chirped, his voice sounding rather sad. These Pokémon, even if feral, didn't seem all that... Bad, in the way many others were. They weren't attacking for no reason – and if they attacked now, it certainly felt like a reason. But he wanted to feel like there was a way to resolve this all peacefully – and maybe there was!
"I'll tell them our message through interpretive dancing!" Varda chirped, jumping forward and causing the tree-like Pokémon to flinch from surprise, looking rather confused. The Swablu spread his wings, bowed, and started to twirl around telling his story of being really, really sorry and they really had to go...

The bug was still attached to the Vaporeon's tail, not letting go even if she moved it. Its mouth was holding onto the tail tightly enough. Then, it started to gently chew, again not really causing any damage as it didn't have teeth, but it surely was being felt by the owner of the tail.

((Here lies Skylar, peperony and chease.))
Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:45 am

Sova knew very well that it wasn't likely any of the sudowoodo would understand him, but he'd tried speaking anyway, just in case. He was planning on either walking past or through the one walking his path, but it seemed Varda had other ideas, prompting him to stop and look to the bird who was beginning to.... dance? The group of sudowoodo seemed as confused as him at this development, and honestly, he couldn't blame them. What in the world was Varda trying to do, confuse them into submission? He couldn't help but feel that if anything, the natives would take this as some kind of odd preparation for an attack and it would start a fight, but it seemed the rock-trees were just really confused.

"Uh.... I don't think that's working either.... I.... never mind," he began, but gave up on trying to think of an appropriate response for what he was witnessing.
Instead, he decided to just get back to his own plan of forcing the thing blocking his path to move. He did his best to get his intimidating look back, the air temperature around him beginning to drop as he approached the sudowoodo in front of him once more. His fur began to visibly freeze and coat with ice, making him look much more intimidating. The sudowoodo's look of confidence and anger began to waver, replaced with worry as he continued to approach. It backed away a bit, but it still wasn't out of the way, so the glaceon just kept walking forward.

Skylar was beginning to get fed up with this ledyba, it wasn't exactly attacking her, but now it felt like it was chewing on her tail.... or at least.... trying to. She didn't like fighting, but this seemed like enough of a violation of her personal space to justify defending herself, even if her life wasn't exactly in danger. She got back up with an increasingly bad feeling at the fact that she was going to hurt something that wasn't really attacking, but it needed to learn not to come chew on the tails of random bystanders! She wouldn't hurt it much.... just a little bit. She tried to grab onto the tree with one of her front paws, but found that she seemed to have no traction, with her paw just sliding down the tree like water. Actually, she was beginning to notice that it almost seemed like HER ENTIRE BODY WAS MELTING!

The vaporeon frantically pulled herself to her paws as she realized she was doing it again, she was melting again! "N-no.... no, I don't know how to stop it....," she muttered to herself, her own rising panic only worsening the apparent melting. However, she then felt something.... odd, it felt like.... well, if felt like the ledyba was somehow phasing through her tail. She turned around to see that was actually exactly what was happening, her melting body was becoming impossible to hold onto! She lifted her tail a bit and waited for a moment, resulting in the ledyba slipping right off. Huh, maybe the whole melting thing wasn't all bad.

It was odd to be able to melt, her body didn't really visibly change much unless touched when in this state, but it was almost like she had turned into a thick liquid as opposed to her normal, solid state. She poked at her chest with one of her front paws, finding that the two areas just seemed to fuse like two pools of water, but immediately reverted to their normal appearances when she pulled them apart, without any resistance at all. "Huh."
She then turned her attention back to the bug, feeling much less afraid now with the revelation that it couldn't grab onto her. "Wanna try that again?," she questioned, suddenly much more confident.

(Skylar's version of super saiyan right here - melting.)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:20 am

Varda did his odd little dance that clearly had the message of asking for forgiveness and leaving this little clearing peacefully with the berry. They wished no harm on these tree-like Pokémon and if they had done something to anger them, they definitely hadn't meant it! Well, that was the intended message at least. In reality every single other Pokémon that was experiencing it was just staring silently, not having any idea what to do or what to even think. The last thing anyone was expecting to see was probably a pudgy little bird waddling around waving its cloud-like wings around.

The Sudowoodo just stood there with a rather confused look on their faces, occasionally glancing at each other in a rather bothered and awkward fashion. To attack or to not attack? They had no idea. Luckily for the pair of explorers, this confusion and indecision meant that the Pokémon didn't really do anything as they stood there trying to figure out what to do. The bird of course took this as a sign of them understanding his message, able to stop his dance now. He looked quite happy, waddling after his friend who was already starting to leave, one of the tree-like Pokémon so nicely moving out of the way! Well, rather awkwardly shuffling backwards in a slow fashion, but surely it just meant its movements were slow...
"I think it worked!" The Swablu chirped cheerfully.

The bug that had latched onto the Vaporeon's tail didn't let go, happily chewing on it and apparently quite enjoying the taste of it. Indeed, it seemed like some kind of delicious sap was starting to ooze out of the tail, only making the Ledyba more excited about trying to squeeze more of it out. But... Then it seemed like the entire tail was starting to disappear, the watery ooze dribbling out of the bug Pokémon's mouth and leaving nothing behind! It tried to latch onto the tail again, but once more, it was unable to hold on. Its jaws just snapped through it, no longer able to suck on its delicious treat! The Ledyba looked saddened, its eyes large as it stared at the Vaporeon like the world's hungriest puppy.

((Ledyba's ultimate technique: puppy dog eyes.))
Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:25 pm

Sova continued his confident approach to the sudowoodo who'd been so brave as to block his path, swishing his tail back and forth occasionally as he did so.  It continued to back away as he approached, trying to hold its ground, but clearly being unnerved by the utter lack of fear in something with a type disadvantage.  After a moment of their little game, the rock-tree finally gave in and began to slowly move to the right as it backed away, trying to make room for the two trespassers to leave peacefully.  The glaceon was willing to accept this, as he wasn't counting on these things putting up enough of a fight to entertain him in the slightest and he figured it would make Varda happy to leave peacefully.

Then he felt a relatively small rock hit him.... or moreso, he heard it, barely actually feeling the impact due to his icy armor and sheer advantage in power over the thing that'd thrown it.  However, in his eyes, regardless of which sudowoodo had thrown the rock, it'd just signed away the lives of itself and all of its little friends.  He allowed his gaze to look over the things he'd now decided were enemies one by one until he spotted one with a confident glare.... well, now he knew which one had decided it was a smart idea to attempt to attack him.

Skylar gave an upset glare to the ledyba as it seemed to attempt to beg to be allowed back onto her tail.  She had no intentions of letting the little creeper latch back onto her and even if she wanted to, she couldn't!  She had absolutely no clue how to stabilize herself.... actually, it was hard enough for her just to remain calm in this state.  "Shoo, go be creepy to someone else," she said with a dismissive wave of her paw, hoping to get the bug to just go away.
However, thus far, it didn't really seem to understand speech, so she doubted that she would even be able to get through to it with words.  Maybe it'd understand the paw wave, though.

(Skylar used denial.  It's Super Effective!)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:27 pm

Varda just happily hopped after his friend, enjoying how everything had went smoothly and how everyone was a friend! Of course he had missed the tense atmosphere and how bothered the tree-like Pokémon in front of them was as it slowly backed away, glancing at the Glaceon now and then. They were being given more room, so they could easily go around the tree-like Pokémon and get out of the clearing! Actually, not that he thought about it, he was quite certain he had heard some noises coming from behind the trees, but... Maybe not. Surely Skylar was still alright, so he didn't have to worry about that.

Except then a rock suddenly clinked against Sova, his fur having frozen into something so hard that the rock didn't seem to even hurt. It caused the rock to just harmlessly deflect aside and plink off to the side, falling on the ground. It wasn't even a big rock. Did it maybe fall from the trees...? The Swablu glanced up, trying to see if there was maybe another one of those monkey Pokémon – or maybe there just were rocks up there that might fall...
"Is it raining rocks?"

The Ledyba looked quite saddened by what seemed like a denial, its eyes growing even larger and wetter as it stared. Its mouth opened slightly as it let out a sad whine, even rolling over to its back in a rather submissive pose. It let out sad little sounds as it kept staring at the Vaporeon with its huge bug eyes.

((Round 2, fight!))
Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:10 am

"No, no it's not," Sova responded to his friend before dashing toward the sudowoodo whom he'd pinged as the one to have had the audacity to toss a rock at him.
Too fast for such slow, weak things to even react to remotely fast enough, he managed to get behind it and speak up again before he could even be attacked. "Someone thinks it's a good idea to throw things," he continued, explaining the situation better to Varda.
As the sudowoodo turned to face him, he merely stood in place, allowing it to hit him with whatever it wanted to, just to demonstrate how horrible of a mistake it'd made by trying to fight him.

The oh-so-brave sudowoodo did not immediatley attack, instead pulling back one of its treebranch-like arms and taking a deep breath, blue glow beginning to emanate from its hand. The glaceon could have easily avoided the attack or just attacked back to knock the thing off focus before it could finish preparing its Focus Punch, but instead, he just sat there and allowed it to prepare, then slam its arm into him. He lowered his head a bit to keep the attack away from his arms and pushed forward just as it hit him, forcing the sudowoodo's fist to an immediate halt. Not only that, but as opposed to breaking through his armor and hurting him, the attack merely damaged the sudowoodo's hand, doing absolutely nothing to Sova.

The sudowoodo recoiled in fear and pain, retracting its arm and holding onto the now cut-up hand with its other hand as it backed away. But it was too late to be submissive now, as Sova had already decided this thing needed to learn a lesson.

Skylar stared down at the ledyba as it seemed to resort to trying to guilt her into allowing it to chew on her tail again. However, she had dignity, she had every right to deny something the chance to CHEW ON HER, right? Besides, she had no clue how to reverse the melting, it always just went away on its own with time.... actually, it seemed like it happened when she was afraid. Normally, it happened when she was in water, so she'd just assumed water made her melt or something. But no, now it was happening outside of water too. The only correlation was.... emotion. Was being emotional making her melt!? Well, it didn't really seem like she melted, more-so like she.... turned into water. She kept her normal appearance unless in contact with something, at which point she both looked and felt weird, but it never seemed to literally melt her into a puddle. It just.... changed her, made her more like a ditto or something, without the ability to shapeshift.

The vaporeon merely shook her head at the ledyba's attempts to win her over, feeling a bit bad about making something sad, but she didn't like having her tail nommed on! "I couldn't even if I wanted to, I can't turn this off," she stated, pressing a paw into her chest again to demonstrate how the two seemed to fuse like water, before pulling them apart and merely having her body revert back to normal appearance yet again.
It wasn't just odd, it was also difficult to explain this to others without a physical demonstration, as she didn't really look like water. Like, she wasn't really see-through.... well, she was when she was in water, actually. Maybe being in water just made it affect her more?

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   

Back to top Go down

The Definition of Overkill
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next