Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!
Check out the Staff Recruitment thread if you are interested in becoming a staff member!

Summer Harvest Event

Want to keep up to date with site happenings? Here's the June News Thread!

Share | 

The Definition of Overkill

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord E V
Head Secretary & Lord of the Eevees

Poké : 4925

PostSubject: The Definition of Overkill   Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:40 am

First topic message reminder :

Mission Details:

Sunny, bright, peaceful, beautiful.... boring. Pecha Forest was the last place Sova wanted to be, but there were missions to be done here. Besides, here he didn't have to worry much about Varda's safety, let alone his safety. This was especially helpful since he had someone else whom he needed to worry about today. A certain vaporeon who had just joined his team, one he felt the need to walk through her first mission.

The vaporeon followed along, staying behind her leader. She didn't want to agitate him by trying to take the lead. Besides, she trusted that he knew what he was doing and where he was going. It was Pecha Forest after all, there didn't really seem to be much to fear here. She'd been here plenty and was still alive and well. Then again, she hadn't been in the guild, she'd never taken any missions, let alone three at once. Technically there were three guild members here, but still.... three missions seemed like a lot for a newbie like herself.

Sova sighed at the boring environment. "So, Skylar. I'm sure Varda'd like to get to know you. Come to think of it, I don't know all that much about you either. Sooo, why'd you wanna be an explorer?", he questioned as he looked back at the vaporeon and glanced over to the swablu, hoping to spark up some kind of conversation to keep him from getting too bored.
He hadn't really expected to be bringing Varda along for the missions, but he was sure glad it turned out the way it did. The little swablu was fun to have around and luckily, he was at the guild at the time they were picking out missions.

Skylar shrugged to the glaceon's question. "I don't actually care all that much for the exploring part. I want to help others, that's all. I'm more interested in the rescuing aspect than the exploring, honestly.", she explained.
The fighting involved with being in the guild didn't really interest her either, but it was fighting for a good cause. Technically, she would still be helping others. Besides, she didn't want to mention any complaints about fighting since one of their missions was an outlaw mission. "How about you two?", she questioned, not having much more to add to the conversation her self at the moment.

Sova listened patiently and decided to wait for his bird friend to respond first. He wasn't in any hurry to explain his reasoning for being in the guild. Actually.... he'd been doing a good job of kind of suppressing that recently. What was it again? No, no, he didn't want to think about it.

Character Records

Is it my post in our thread?  Wanna start a thread with me?  Hit me up HERE

Oh yeah, and I dabble in pixel art.  If you're interested, check out my shop.

And now for a bit about myself.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Bird
NPC Rper

Poké : 12074

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Mon May 18, 2015 9:06 pm

"Yeah, the Moon Stone we found wasn't as shiny as this one!" Varda chirped, adding to Sova's speech about some evolution stones looking, well. Less shiny than the Fire Stone they had just retrieved, as Skylar was wondering about that. It seemed like the Vaporeon and the bird shared the same love of looking at shiny pieces of rocks. But suddenly it seemed like the Swablu realized something, his smile stopping for a moment as his eyes grew wider.
"Ah! Not you. You're um, shiny enough," he chirped at the outlaw, who also was technically a moon stone and he didn't want the Pokémon to feel too bad, thinking that they talked about the Lunatone! Even though it was an outlaw, Varda still didn't want to hurt its feelings...

The Swablu's eyes only grew larger as the Glaceon suggested that he would carry the stone as he found it. Well, they found it together, but he had been the one who insisted on getting it out of the bush. Still, carrying a stone that important for the remaining mission... It was such an honor!
"I'll take good care of it!" The bird exclaimed happily as he put the stone in his bag very carefully, not wanting to crack it or something. It was a very valuable stone, especially to their client!

But Skylar was out of a job. As she had slept during the time when they caught the outlaw, Varda could understand feeling rather left out. Sova had an idea, but it was clearly a very difficult thing to deal with – and even the Vaporeon didn't seem to have an idea as to how they could handle the outlaw. The Lunatone honestly was... Not much of a fighter, it seemed. Not very threatening in the end, only in this mess because they picked on someone smaller than them.
"Um, well... They did a really mean thing! And it was wrong. Maybe you could... Be very stern about it?"

((Well it'll take more than 6 pages if we would somehow fail to roll it multiple times in a row and waited until the last page or something! You know it could happen. And I rolled the other one so you were supposed to roll this one, it was a pinky promise because teamwork.))
Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Sun May 24, 2015 9:10 pm

Sova listened to the swablu, rolling his eyes at the comment about the lunatone being shiny enough. Everyone seemed to care so much about criminals, it made no sense to him. Then again, he wasn't really one to judge for something like that considering he'd grown rather.... attached to an outlaw in the past. Where had that outlaw gone off to, anyways? He hadn't gotten to see her in quite some time. He didn't feel lonely like he used to when away from her, since he now had a few more individuals whom he felt he could really call friends, but it still wasn't a very nice feeling. He knew that zoroark needed to lay low, being a wanted outlaw and such, but.... still.

Now wasn't an appropriate time to think about something like that, though. He forced himself to join back into the conversation and forget about his stray thoughts, knowing that dwelling on things would do him no good. "I think she means she doesn't know how she's supposed to apprehend an outlaw," he assumed, before pointing a paw to the badge hooked to his bag.
"You still have your badge, I'm guessing. You can warp an outlaw away with it. Just tap him with it," he explained.

Skylar listened closely to the other two's advice, not wanting to mess this up. She didn't know about the badge thing, so that was a bit of a surprise to her, but it wasn't too shocking considering teleportation-based items existed and were fairly well-known. She faced the lunatone and tried her best to be.... stern, though that wasn't something she was overly experienced with. "You're.... under arrest, for, uh.... stealing," she said in an attempt at a stern voice, though she was clearly making her little speech up as she went along and she knew it was going horribly.
Deciding it was best to just end it before she embarrassed herself, she grabbed her badge off of her bag and touched the outlaw with it, teleporting it away. As it warped out of view, she jumped back in surprise, not expecting it to be so sudden.

The vaporeon then turned back to her allies as she hooked her badge back to the strap of her bag, where it had originally been. "Did.... did I do it right?," she questioned, hoping that she didn't do anything wrong.

(I did iiiiiiitt. I did the teamwork thing.)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Mon May 25, 2015 12:12 am

"Ohh," Varda chirped as Sova explained what the Vaporeon had really asked about. Well, his answer had been a pretty good one too, he thought! Still, Sova went ahead and explained it properly, explaining about the badge and how she should use it. Come to think of it, the bird never really had to use the badge he got from the Guild for anything himself, rarely taking outlaw missions unless he was, well, with Sova. And that was when the Glaceon tended to handle things. But as he said, it wasn't really that difficult, so nothing would really go wrong!

Skylar did as she was told, taking the badge and then using it to teleport the outlaw away. In a split second, the Lunatone was gone and nothing was left in its place. The Swablu cooed in excitement, liking the little trick that had just happened in front of his eyes – but then again, he was feeling a bit sorry for having to send the Pokémon away. Who knew what would happen to them once they made it back to the Guild... Well, it would all be handled well, he wanted to think. There would be a happy ending to everyone.

The bird Pokémon just had a big smile on his face as Skylar asked about how well she had done, nodding in agreement as happily as ever.
"Yes, it was good!" Varda chirped his words of encouragement, hopping from one foot to another in his excitement. But suddenly he stopped as he realized something, looking back at the tree where they had left the Murkrow.
"Oh, the ribbons! I'll go get them back," He added, spreading his wings and taking off. The long snake of tied ribbons was still where they had left it along with the unconscious dark bird, so the Swablu grabbed their makeshift rope with his feet and quickly flew back to the rest of the group.

((Yeess. Teamwork!))
Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Thu May 28, 2015 12:40 am

Sova nodded his head at the vaporeon's question. "You did fine," he assured, after Varda.
It was true, she'd done okay. Not the greatest, but fine for a first time. No one just magically started out perfect at anything. Even prodigies needed at least a little bit of time to get used to things. He could see Skylar was relieved to have assurance that she hadn't done anything wrong, as opposed to criticism. He watched as Varda flew off to go grab the ribbons that they'd forgotten. "Oh, right," he said as he remembered the ribbons.
It wasn't an extremely big deal to him if they forgot about the ribbons, though they were a bit useful if someone got injured, so it was nice to have them.

Skylar smiled faintly at the others' feedback. It was nice to know she'd done well, especially since she didn't do particularly well in actually fighting the outlaw, just being incapacitated immediately instead. She hadn't even thought about the ribbons until the swablu brought it up, at which point she still took a moment before remembering. The events leading up to the Hypnosis were still a tad bit fuzzy to her, since she'd just woken up. However, after a moment of thought, she remembered the ribbons used to carry the murkrow up a tree.

"It's gonna be a pain untying those knots," Sova stated as the swablu returned.
The ribbons were tied together tightly enough to hold the murkrow to him as he ran up a tree, so he figured they weren't likely to easily slip apart. Maybe Varda had planned in advance for that and used a type of knot that was easy to untie, though. He was willing to give the swablu the benefit of the doubt.

Skylar watched as the swablu brought back their ribbons. She hadn't really thought about how they would untie the knots until Sova brought up, but that actually seemed like an important thing to address. Probably something they should have addressed beforehand. She liked the ribbon Sova had given her and really didn't want to have to give it up because it was stuck to some other ribbons.

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Thu May 28, 2015 1:27 am

Varda landed on the ground in front of the two other Pokémon with his colorful ribbon snake in tow, neatly tucking his wings against his body as he let go of his prey and took a few steps backwards so they could share it. But as Sova spoke up about the knots, the Swablu realized that it wasn't as easy as just bringing the makeshift rope to the rest. Oh no, when it was tied together like this, none of them could really use it as anything but a rope. It had to be broken apart – well, without actually breaking anything, as these were all nice ribbons that shouldn't be cut any smaller than they already were!

"Ah," the bird cooed as he looked at their new problem. Yes, untying the knots... These ones had been made to last and carry the weight of another bird, most likely only having gotten tighter due to the pull the gravity caused when extra weight was put on the ribbon rope. But it was no big deal! What he had tied he could untie, right?

Varda hopped closer and started to inspect the knots. Luckily he was a small Pokémon himself with thin little toes, so he could easily wedge one in the middle of a knot as he started pulling, loosening its hold. Little by little he repeated it for the knot before he could use his beak to pull it open and free a ribbon from the one next to it. With one ribbon freed, he hopped over to the next one and repeated the process until the three ribbons were singular entities once more.
"There!"
Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Fri May 29, 2015 1:10 pm

The two eeveelutions watched as the swablu untied the knots, both thinking that it would have been much more difficult for them given their paws weren't really good for such a thing. As soon as the rope was split back into its individual components, the two took back their respectful peaces. Skylar was so relieved that she got to keep her ribbon, since it'd been given to her, though Sova didn't really care all that much. Their Gold Ribbons weren't exactly useful for much, so it wasn't like it would be some tragedy to lose them. "Good job," Skylar replied to the swablu, happy to have her ribbon back.

Sova looked around and stayed silent for a moment before finally speaking up. "Guess we should get going. The other missions are pretty boring, basically just berry hunting. We have to find an Oran Berry and a Pecha Berry," he stated before beginning to move, figuring they could talk and walk at the same time if anyone had anything to say.
These scavenger missions didn't really appeal much to him, as he felt it was demeaning to do such.... easy work, but everything helped get higher ranked in the Guild, so he was willing to tolerate such missions.

Skylar nodded before following along behind the glaceon. She didn't have any problems with going ahead and moving on, since it didn't seem like there was anything more that they needed to do in the area they were in. Even if she had any problems, she knew voicing them likely wouldn't get her anywhere with Sova. He was rather.... immobile in his "plans" most of the time, not appearing to care much about safety, strategy or sensibility. At least, not unless it was someone else's safety at stake. There didn't seem to be much to worry about in terms of safety here, though, as the majority of the inhabitants of this forest seemed rather weak, so it was basically just a playground for the glaceon anyways. Actually, Skylar figured she was the only one of the group who would find anything here to really be challenging.

(What pokemon do we have left? A bunch of exeggcute and aipom, a ledyba, a phantump, a weepinbell, 2 pineco and 3 sudowoodo?)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Fri May 29, 2015 3:08 pm

Varda seemed to just beam with joy as he was complimented for his job, having opened the knots that kept all their ribbons together in... Well, it wasn't the fastest thing he had done, but it hadn't taken that long for him to do it either, now had it? At least the rest of the group didn't seem too annoyed at the wasted time. Both Skylar and Sova took their own ribbons, leaving behind Varda's own pink one he had gotten from the Guild way back when he had joined. With a smile, the bird hopped back after having stepped back to give his friends some room and took the remaining one. Using his beak and one of his feet, he quickly tied it on his little bag's strap where it had been earlier.

The Swablu nodded when the Glaceon mentioned that they should get going, though he didn't agree that the missions were boring. This kind of missions really were what he usually took in the Guild, leaving the outlaw jobs for other teams!
"And not just any Oran berry, but the one our client lost!" Varda chirped his own addition, as this mission wasn't just about finding a random berry. But... He didn't exactly know how they were supposed to know which berry was the right one. He guessed that it would be one that wasn't attached to a plant anymore, but...
"...Though maybe he wouldn't be all that angry if we don't find the exact one. And Oran berry is an Oran berry, right?" He continued, starting to waddle along the path.

Some snickering was heard from the trees around the group of Pokémon as they had walked for a while. An occasional rustle and moving branches made it quite clear that something was there, but whatever it was, they certainly made it very difficult to see what it was! And either the creature was very fast or there were multiple ones, as the movement seemed to come from so many places much too quickly. The bird Pokémon blinked and looked around, stopping in his tracks, but he couldn't see anything... But above in the middle of the leaves, one might have been able to see grinning faces and purple fur.

((Yeah, looks like it.))
Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:42 am

Sova led the way, figuring that if anything were to attack, it'd be best for him to be the lead. Though, he doubted any of the group would really get hurt in such a non-threatening place. He nodded as Varda questioned finding a normal Oran berry instead of the client's specific one, since it wasn't something he was planning on going out of his way to do anyways. All Oran berries were pretty much the same and the client's had likely gone bad or been taken by someone by now.

"Yeah, I don't see any reason for us to go out of our way to look for something that's impossible to tell if we've found and probably isn't even around TO find anymore. Besides, it's not like finding a different Oran Berry is gonna be any different to the client. We can just say it's their Oran berry if it's that big of a deal to them," he stated his view on the situation, careless and lazy as usual, though perhaps the others were more interested in agreeing than usual considering the situation.

Skylar hesitated to join into the conversation as she didn't really know what to say. She had no solution for the issue of finding the correct berry, so finding a different one seemed like the best option. Maybe the client would be okay with that? Then Sova brought up finding a random Oran berry and just saying it was the client's, which didn't really seem right to her. "Oh.... but isn't that lying?," she questioned the glaceon.

"Yes, yes it is," Sova replied, clearly nowhere near as distraught about the idea of lying as the vaporeon.
He kept his ears open for any potential threats, though of course nothing in this forest was really intimidating to him and he wasn't worried about Varda getting hurt. He immediately noticed the sounds in the trees as they started up, though it didn't seem like Skyla noticed. He decided not to panic anyone by letting them know, or worse yet, tempt Varda to try and make some new friends. Distractions were the last thing he wanted if the missions could go smoothly. He darted his gaze around to follow the sounds, trying to get a good look at the source or sources and determine if there was a threat following them, but for the time being it was proving difficult. Given a little time, though, he'd likely be able to lock onto one and even start shooting them out of the trees.

Skylar was completely oblivious to the noises, given she didn't exactly have canine ears since evolving and she wasn't much for combat and defense situations in the first place, at least in comparison to Sova. She did, however, notice Sova looking around more than usual. He didn't seem very interested in sightseeing, at least not here, so Skylar assumed there was some other reason. Maybe he was actually looking for the berries? She assumed he wouldn't care enough to go out of his way to look, but.... maybe she was wrong! If this was the case, she'd do her best to look too, so maybe she wouldn't let the others down.

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:54 am

Varda looked quite thoughtful as he pondered the Glaceon's words, a soft hmm escaping his beak as as he took on a very un-Varda-like expression. Or perhaps someone could have thought that he had a tummy ache with the way he closed his eyes and tensed his brow. But he was thinking! Really, really hard! Their client wanted a particular berry, but Sova was right: it was possible they wouldn't be able to find that one, but if the client just needed an Oran berry, then would it matter? But Skylar was right too. They shouldn't just be lying to their client either... But would the mission be completed if they brought back any old Oran berry and didn't lie?
"Well," the Swablu opened his eyes and looked at the two Pokémon with a smile,
"We don't know what we find until we find it, right?"

As the trio kept walking through the forest path, it was obvious that they were being followed – or well, obvious to anyone who was paying close attention to their surroundings. Even Varda seemed to occasionally notice that some kind of noise was coming from the trees above and around them, but every time he stopped to watch, nothing happened. Deciding that it was just the wind or nothing special, the little bird kept hopping along happily, not worrying about it much. A quiet snickering would often follow.

And then suddenly, a little rock landed on the Swablu's head, rather harmlessly bouncing off without much damage. The bird Pokémon stopped and blinked in confusion, looking down... No, it wasn't a rock, it was a seed, wasn't it? It was soon followed by a stick that seemed to actually sting a little as it hit the little Pokémon's head with a hollow clop, causing Varda to finally look up while he covered his head with his wings.

A group of purple monkeys had emerged from the trees, clearly having a blast. With them they had various little items, some more painful than others, throwing them down at the Pokémon walking below them.

Last edited by Bird on Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:21 am

Sova tilted his head at the swablu's point. Not out of confusion, or disagreement. Actually.... it was because it got him thinking. The client didn't seem to know WHERE the berry was hidden, but neither did the group of three. This gave him an idea for a fullproof and morally correct solution to the problem at hand, one he hoped everyone would agree on. They could just find an Oran Berry that looked like it may have been hidden, then bring that one back! They could tell the client the truth, that it looked like it may have been hidden there and since no one would be able to know the truth, not even them, the mission would be completed!

Skylar nodded at Varda and continued moving without speaking, staying on the opposite side of Sova. There was no reason for them to worry about something that hadn't even happened yet, right? Especially if worrying about it wasn't going to solve the problem. Then something that seemed more worth worrying about came in the form of a group of rather hostile aipom. She had noticed the noise, but thought nothing of it as Sova wasn't saying anything and didn't seem worried. Of course, she thought much more of the sounds once they were revealed to have been from attackers. The first few projectiles hitting Varda made her notice the monkeys, then a stick being thrown at Sova and hitting him in the face made her consider fighting. With her attention on her allies to make sure they were okay, she didn't notice that one of the attackers was now aiming for her.

Sova immediately took note of the noises and almost instantly jumped to the assumption that it was something with negative intent. He didn't say anything, figuring there was no use in panicking his allies until it was clear that there was a threat.... which seemed unlikely in Pecha Forest. As the monkeys began throwing things down at the group, he was proven right. Tossing random objects wasn't exactly very threatening, especially when some of the things being thrown were rather useful.... They were pretty much being given gifts! However, this opinion changed as a stick hit him in the side of the face. It wasn't exactly what one would call a life-threatening injury, but still, getting hit in the face with a stick didn't feel good. As an Oran berry came to follow the stick up, he flash-froze a spiky ice coat around his fur to block the projectiles. The berry bounced harmlessly off him, surprisingly not being damaged by the spiky armor. At least, not too badly to be used.

The glaceon growled in agitation before spinning around and swinging his tail at a stick that was tossed at Skylar, smacking the projectile back up at the aipom who'd thrown it. It didn't hit the little aipom, though it did spook the monkey into falling off its branch, onto the ground in front of the group. "Can I kill them?," he asked, looking for approval to attack from his allies.
For some reason, he cared what they thought, not wanting to do anything to upset either of them.

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:58 am

"Oww," Varda chirped his slightly delayed response of registering the pain as he kept covering his head with his wings. It was easy to assume that it all had just happened because of nothing – after all there was nothing strange about seeds suddenly falling from the trees and even sticks would, eventually, do the same... But the velocity of it as it hit the bird's head sure seemed like it was thrown! It still could have been a mistake, but... The purple monkey-like Pokémon in the tree seemed to grow quite wild because of their successful hit, the rest of the group gathering even more items as they prepared to start pelleting the trio below with them! While not all of them were something that would hurt, it didn't seem to bother the monkeys at all! The Swablu had no idea what their problem was!

Various seeds and Gummis were thrown, some even hitting the bird Pokémon even though he tried to avoid them, but they didn't really hurt. The sticks definitely hurt more, but the ones that were thrown next were thrown at his allies rather than at him, so he wasn't in danger. Skylar, luckily, didn't have to suffer through the stick as Sova was there to block the hit, causing the one that had thrown the item to be hit by the recoiling stick and falling off its branch, landing on the ground with a soft thud. The Glaceon's reply was more or less brushed aside as a joke.
"I don't think we're here to kill!" The Swablu cooed, though he didn't really like the bullying they were taking from the Pokémon they had done nothing to! Well, at least he saw no reason for it, his eyes trailing upwards...

And something caught the little bird's eyes, causing them to widen. A glint in the trees as a monkey threw a round, orb-like object in their direction... Varda sprung to action, not wanting to be on the receiving end of those orbs after seeing what they could do! Spreading his wings, he jumped up in the air and just barely managed to catch the orb with his talons before it hit something hard or broke, but his grasp was quickly slipping and he couldn't hold onto it forever like this. Having to think fast, the Swablu kicked the Wonder Orb back to the monkeys almost as if following Sova's earlier example. The orb hit the branch and shattered, flashing for a moment... And causing the bodies of their attackers to stiffen as the monkeys ended up becoming petrified.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:47 pm

Sova glanced over to the swablu upon his reply, a bit disappointed but he directed his attention back to the enemies for the moment in order to avoid a few more random items that were tossed at him. He watched as a bit of karmic work ended in the group of aipom ending up akin to statues. "No? Then how about maim?," he questioned Varda, seeing how much the swablu was willing to agree to.
Sure, the group of monkeys was no longer in a position to really cause any harm, but.... that didn't mean they didn't deserve to be hurt.... just a little. Right?

Now made aware of the projectile-throwing monkeys, Skylar managed not to be hit by anything at all before the enemies were petrified. She was the lucky one, which made her feel kind of bad that her allies had to get hit and not her, but.... she wasn't complaining. Sova's insistence on violence even though no fighting needed to be done now that the aipom were paralyzed saddened the vaporeon. She wished he could find something less.... horrible for a hobby than violence. Surely it wasn't good for his mental health and judging by his constant bad attitude, it wasn't exactly making him feel good either.

"Why don't we just leave? They can't really follow us....," the vaporeon suggested, though she wasn't very hopeful that it would be considered.

Sova sighed at Skylar's response, knowing Varda's would be the same. Why was everyone always so insistent on being nice? Sometimes, nice didn't seem called for. Sure, attacking these aipom wasn't really necessary, but they deserved it! How would they ever learn not to randomly throw things at bystanders if there were no repercussions?

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:47 pm

Varda landed on the ground, finally able to take a look at what his action had caused. No more items were thrown from the trees, everything was eerily silent after such a ruckus. The purple monkeys were frozen in place like they were some kind of strange statues, the ones in the trees luckily seeming to be able to hold their grip despite their frozen status so they wouldn't fall down. That one monkey that had fallen was still on the ground, just as unmoving as its brethren. The bird let out a sigh of relief. This was a lot easier to manage...

"I don't think maiming is a very good idea! I'm also not sure how it would work, these ones look very solid," he cooed to Sova's suggestions, agreeing with the Vaporeon's thoughts on the matter. It was quite unnecessary at this point. The Swablu waddled over to the one on the ground as if to prove a point, gently tapping the petrified Pokémon with his toe to demonstrate. Could these things even be harmed in a state like this? Would they have to unfreeze first...?

"And look at all these items! If you're angry, we can always take them as a consolation prize," Varda suggested happily, motioning to all the items around them. If they had just run away, they would have missed on all these great things!
Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:39 am

Sova conceded to his two allies, knowing he was not going to win an argument with peace-lovers.  Besides, it wasn't like a peaceful mindset was a bad thing, it just wasn't called for at times.  That was where he fit in with this group, he figured; The one who knew when it was necessary to stop being nice.  Granted, he was a bit eager to not be nice at times, but he knew when it was necessary and when it was just preferred by himself.  Right now, it was just a preference, one he was willing to sacrifice in exchange for the happiness of his.... teammates.

He merely shrugged as the swablu stated the would-be enemies now looked rather "solid."  He doubted they were too sturdy to injure, at least for him.  If anything, he could at least break them if they'd truly been turned into statues, but he doubted that was the case.  Still, he wasn't going to murder an aipom just to prove he could do it, that would be something a psychotic criminal would do.

Skylar wasn't quite sure if being paralyzed meant the aipom were invincible, but she figured it was possible considering the power of orbs.  Either way, there was no reason to find out, so it didn't really matter to her.  Just taking the things the monkey squad was using as ammunition sounded like punishment enough to her, since it would take away their stuff and stop them from throwing it at others.  "Yeah, that sounds a lot better than attacking someone who can't fight back.  And easier, for that matter," she replied in full agreement to Varda's suggestion.

"Fine, fine, lets just do it and get out of here so I don't have to look at them," Sova begrudgingly agreed and began to pick up the things now scattered on the ground.
This was better than nothing, he figured.  Still, he wondered if the group of aipom would really care at all about their throwing objects being gone, considering they could just go get more.  Either way, he wasn't going to pass up free stuff.

Seeing that Sova had agreed to do things their way, Skylar began picking up some of the items scattered around and dropping them in her bag.  She wasn't too sure what all of them did, but if the others were interested in having them, they were surely useful!  Besides, she didn't need to use them, she could just give them to Sova or Varda to use instead, since they likely knew how to use everything.

Character Records

Last edited by Sova on Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:07 pm

Varda looked at Sova, waiting for his answer. The Glaceon was the one who wanted to have something else done to these monkeys, but Skylar and the bird were more than happy to just let the Pokémon be despite what they had done and just take all the items lying on the ground. They would be rewarded for taking some damage in the form of goodies, and the monkeys couldn't throw them again as they had them in their bags! He did wonder if it had taken a while for these Pokémon to collect these items, feeling bad if, well, they hadn't just attacked innocent Pokémon with them. Hopefully they would learn and not pick fights anymore.

And eventually, the Glaceon agreed. The Swablu's smile grew much wider, so happy at hearing it that he couldn't help but chirp and coo while jumping up and down in his excitement. This was the better way to go at it, he was sure! Needless violence would only spawn more needless violence, so putting a stop to the eternal cycle was always good. He stopped for a moment to see what their next course of action was, as there were a lot items on the ground waiting to be picked up. He wasn't sure if they were going to split them evenly, but eventually it seemed like his friends just started to wander around, picking what was closest to them. As no one seemed to really want anything in particular, the Swablu thought this was fair.

He started to waddle along too, taking the ones in the area Skylar and Sova weren't coming to. There were so many things, sticks, seeds and gummis... And even some berries that had survived the fall! Even... Oran berries. The bird Pokémon frowned a bit, remembering their job of having to find the hidden berry that seemed like an impossible task. Would it be right to just give any old Oran berry to their client?
"Aah, sorting all these is going to take a while," the Swablu giggled as they had more or less cleaned up the place, patting his own very full bag.

But as he turned around, he caught the glimpse of something in the corner of his eye. Something that didn't look like it belonged, but he was having a hard time noticing it again as he tried to peek through the bushes gently swayed by the breeze. He just couldn't ignore it, so Varda started to hop closer and make his way through a small, bird-sized gap made just for him.
"I think I might have seen something!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   

Back to top Go down

The Definition of Overkill
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next