Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!
Check out the Staff Recruitment thread if you are interested in becoming a staff member!

Summer Harvest Event

Want to keep up to date with site happenings? Here's the June News Thread!

Share | 

The Definition of Overkill

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Lord E V
Head Secretary & Lord of the Eevees

Poké : 4925

PostSubject: The Definition of Overkill   Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:40 am

First topic message reminder :

Mission Details:

Sunny, bright, peaceful, beautiful.... boring. Pecha Forest was the last place Sova wanted to be, but there were missions to be done here. Besides, here he didn't have to worry much about Varda's safety, let alone his safety. This was especially helpful since he had someone else whom he needed to worry about today. A certain vaporeon who had just joined his team, one he felt the need to walk through her first mission.

The vaporeon followed along, staying behind her leader. She didn't want to agitate him by trying to take the lead. Besides, she trusted that he knew what he was doing and where he was going. It was Pecha Forest after all, there didn't really seem to be much to fear here. She'd been here plenty and was still alive and well. Then again, she hadn't been in the guild, she'd never taken any missions, let alone three at once. Technically there were three guild members here, but still.... three missions seemed like a lot for a newbie like herself.

Sova sighed at the boring environment. "So, Skylar. I'm sure Varda'd like to get to know you. Come to think of it, I don't know all that much about you either. Sooo, why'd you wanna be an explorer?", he questioned as he looked back at the vaporeon and glanced over to the swablu, hoping to spark up some kind of conversation to keep him from getting too bored.
He hadn't really expected to be bringing Varda along for the missions, but he was sure glad it turned out the way it did. The little swablu was fun to have around and luckily, he was at the guild at the time they were picking out missions.

Skylar shrugged to the glaceon's question. "I don't actually care all that much for the exploring part. I want to help others, that's all. I'm more interested in the rescuing aspect than the exploring, honestly.", she explained.
The fighting involved with being in the guild didn't really interest her either, but it was fighting for a good cause. Technically, she would still be helping others. Besides, she didn't want to mention any complaints about fighting since one of their missions was an outlaw mission. "How about you two?", she questioned, not having much more to add to the conversation her self at the moment.

Sova listened patiently and decided to wait for his bird friend to respond first. He wasn't in any hurry to explain his reasoning for being in the guild. Actually.... he'd been doing a good job of kind of suppressing that recently. What was it again? No, no, he didn't want to think about it.

Character Records

Is it my post in our thread?  Wanna start a thread with me?  Hit me up HERE

Oh yeah, and I dabble in pixel art.  If you're interested, check out my shop.

And now for a bit about myself.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Bird
NPC Rper

Poké : 12074

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:18 pm

Varda smiled and waddled after his friends, a good deed done. Honestly he wasn't sure if he could even keep going in the same direction he had pointed earlier until they got back to town, but maybe Sova or Skylar could! His plan was just to keep going forward, because forward was where Grassveil Town was. He had turned towards it, after all. He couldn't go wrong as long as he followed his nose… Or, well, beak. Right?

It seemed like they were taking a different path this time. The earlier one had felt wider with less shrubs, but now it seemed like the bushes around them were overgrown and starting to take over. How long it would take for them to completely swallow this rarely taken path, that was something the bird wondered about. But as long as the bushes didn't get in their way, he was fine! The bushes could be very difficult opponents, after all.

It did seem like for a moment, the bushes were getting closer, the path growing thinner… Before the plants gave a way to a small meadow. The larger hole in the foliage of the trees bathed it in beautiful sunlight, the vibrant grass dotted with colorful flowers of all sorts… And some kind of piles of smooth rocks? Giant seeds? ...Eggs? The Swablu tilted his head. Was this a nest of some kind? The eggs certainly didn't seem to be moving, though if Varda had noticed that they actually had eyes, he might have noticed that they were closed. He could almost swear that he heard snoring, though…

And some rustling coming from the grass. As the bird looked towards the sound, he noticed some odd yellow thing crawling closer. Maybe. It looked like a flower, though, just… A very big flower. The large bell-shaped critter inched closer to one of the piles of eggs, opening what proved to be a very large mouth…

((We sure can try! We had 5 Exeggcute, a Weepinbell and a Pineco left maybe? I think we had rolled two Pineco at least.))
Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:24 pm

Sova couldn't help but feel this particular area of the forest was familiar for some reason, like he'd been here before.  Of course, he'd been through a lot of Pecha forest, but he generally didn't remember specific areas of it as they weren't important other than for navigation.  It took him until a distinct meadow was revealed that he realized just why exactly this place seemed to familiar to him.  It was where he'd met a certain eevee he was fond of: Dusk.  He wondered how the eevee was doing, though of course he knew she'd just say she was fine.

He still had something Dusk needed, so he didn't need to worry about her wandering off and getting killed for now.  More importantly, he wasn't quite sure why this meadow had been so significant to him that he'd remembered it over everything else.  All the things he'd done in Pecha forest, and his mind decided finding a bratty little nuisance unconscious was the most worth remembering?  However, there was something a bit more important that was taking up his attention at the moment.  There was a distinct difference in this place from the last time he'd seen it.

Exeggcute.  A lot of them.  Not really a danger to Varda or himself, but Skylar was fairly weak and held a type disadvantage.  It seemed like Varda either didn't notice or didn't care, but Skylar certainly seemed to notice.  Then he noticed yet another Grass-type, this time one that could certainly hurt Skylar if given the chance.  However, the weepinbell's attention wasn't on them; it seemed more interested in some of the exeggcute.  He was quite certain he could easily stop it, but was it even right to?  Nature and whatnot.... things got eaten sometimes, and besides....  He didn't want to put a certain vaporeon in danger by disturbing a bunch of Grass-types.

Skylar followed along happily, feeling quite proud of herself that she'd managed to complete one of the missions herself.  That meant she was on par with the others right now!  Okay, maybe not since hers had been easy in comparison to the other two, but still, she at least felt a little useful now.  When the scenery shifted from heavy forestation to a meadow, her face lit up with a warm smile at the pretty scenery.  She wanted to remember where this place was so she could come back here some time!

Okay, maybe not.  The first thing the vaporeon noticed was the pretty scenery, but the second was that there happened to be a considerable amount of what she recognized as exeggcute in the area, and the third.... was.... well, she wasn't quite sure what it was but it looked freaky!  She was mostly just a bit scared of it at first, but then she noticed what it seemed to be planning on doing.  It was going to eat some of the exeggcute, nooo!  "S-Sova...." she spoke up just loudly enough for the glaceon to hear, poking his shoulder with one of her paws and pointing in the direction of the strange bell-like thing.

Sova glanced over to the vaporeon as she spoke his name.  She sounded upset, and she looked upset too.  Of course, it just had to be over the weepinbell.  "It's a weepinbell.  What about it?" he questioned, trying not to be too loud to avoid drawing any attention.

Skylar gave a very upset frown at the glaceon's apparent neutrality to the scene currently unfolding.  "Sto-" she began, only to be cut off.

"This happens all the time with ferals, some of them are predators," Sova stated bluntly, cutting the vaporeon off.
Then he noticed tears forming in his teammate's eyes.  It looked like he'd just crushed her soul or something.  Well, probably closer to her opinion of him.  He sighed and hanged his head, closing his eyes for a moment.  A ball of dark purple energy appeared in front of his face and he looked over to the weepinbell.  It fired straight into the plant-like creature's large mouth and exploded, sending it tumbling backward unconscious.  Or maybe a little more than unconscious, since he'd just attacked its vulnerable insides.

The glaceon didn't speak or hesitate for even a moment.  He just turned back toward the path and continued walking like nothing had happened.  Honestly, he was kind of glad he'd been guilt tripped into interfering; it made him feel.... kind of nice.

Sky was just devastated when it seemed Sova didn't care about saving innocents, nor her feelings.  She knew he was a jerk with questionable morals, but.... this!?  She actually felt like crying for just a moment, but then.... it almost happened too fast for her to process.... the glaceon suddenly changed his tune and dealt with the plant thing that was apparently called a "weepinbell."  Sova said nothing about it, but actions spoke louder than words....

(And now we just have that one little pineco standing between us and ending this thread.  Also, if you wanna have Varda chime in and help guilt trip Sova or something, go ahead and post it and I'll edit my post to accommodate.)

(Edit: Oh god I'm so sorry I didn't mean for it to be this long.)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:18 am

Varda tilted his head, the grass a bit too tall for him to see what was going on all that well. He saw how the grass bended and some parts had shorter grass for him, but his view was often restricted – even when he stood on his toes! It was bothersome. He was already suggesting that they'd go closer to take a better look, but Skylar was already busy looking at Sova by the time he managed to turn around. It took a moment for him to realize what was going on, seeing the tears in the Vaporeon's eyes…

And then, one of those shadowy balls shot out of the Glaceon, swooping into the grass with an explosion. The bird could have sworn that it was the odd, large flower-like Pokémon that was hit – and he couldn't help it, he just had to fly up a bit higher to confirm. The plant thing was there, rolled over and unmoving. There was a side effect of that, though: all the little egg-like Pokémon had woken up from the noise as well! The meadow was soon filled with little sounds as the clusters seemed to speak with each other, looking – and sounding – quite confused.

It seemed like the presence of the unconscious plant Pokémon in the meadow had caused them to start moving, however. It wasn't a very safe place to nap anymore, so the entire lot started to shuffle through the grass to go somewhere else. Varda landed back on the ground and looked at his friends with an oblivious smile.
"I guess they didn't like that!"

((Oh no not a Pineco.))
Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:40 pm

The commotion that resulted from saving the little noisemakers was enough to make Sova want to leave the vicinity as fast as possible. He very much hoped Skylar was happy now, that this was worth saving some random exeggcute who probably didn't even understand they'd just been saved. Well, honestly, he himself was still kind of happy about deciding to do so despite now having his ears ravaged. But he still wanted to get away from the source of said ear-ravaging as soon as possible.

Varda decided to state the obvious, that the egg-like creatures didn't like the sudden random explosion. He sighed and just continued walking onward, deciding not to even try to respond. The group made their way through the meadow fairly easily with everything there cleared out. Once back in the forest, there still wasn't much in their way, until a sudden rustling from a tree above.... Sova, for one, didn't think much of this rustling since he was too busy thinking about finally getting out of here.

Skylar watched as all the little.... things began scurrying away, and she just smiled. The fluffy bird spoke, stating it seemed the exeggcute didn't like the whole ordeal, and she just nodded happily in return. She then followed along with Sova out of the little meadow and back into the forest, feeling a bit better now that that had been worked out. It was quiet for a bit, then she heard.... rustling. Normally, rustling in a forest wasn't exactly an odd thing, but she couldn't help but remember earlier when a pineco had fallen on her, the only warning for which being rustling.

The vaporeon knew it was probably unlikely for the same thing to happen twice, especially in one day, but she wanted to be sure anyway just in case. She no longer had.... goop protection or whatever, so it would probably hurt to be hit by random falling things now. She looked up and sure enough, there was a blue pine cone-like creature falling down toward her. She simply stepped out of the way of it, letting it hit the ground to her left instead of hitting her. "Sorry," she muttered to the little thing.
She felt bad, sure, but she was kind of sick of letting everything in the forest hang on her. After just a moment of hesitation, she got moving again.

Sova glanced over to his teammate as the rustling suddenly revealed itself to be a pineco. To his surprise, the vaporeon actually managed to get out of the way of it. Had she learned from the last time it'd happened? The reaction time was certainly impressive. But he still wanted to leave, so he didn't try to stop the group to celebrate a member avoiding a falling pineco. Instead, he just kept on moving.

(Wanna end it on this note or do you wanna reply or something?)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:40 am

Varda waddled after the rest of the group, liking how everyone seemed so cheery! Even Sova. At least in his eyes. Of course the Glaceon was quiet and looked like he always did, but… That was clearly cheery, right? It was so nice. It was bright and warm and they had done all their missions and they could go home and everyone was happy! This was the best thing about being a Guild member for sure! He couldn't wait until they got back to the Guild and could give their clients everything they wanted.

The meadow turned into a forest once more, and though the leaves blocked a bit more sunlight, it was still bright – that was how Pecha Forest always seemed to be. The breeze was pleasant as it rustled the leaves and Varda enjoyed himself, closing his eyes… Before he heard a thud and was forced to open them. Another one of those strange pinecone Pokémon had fallen, lying on the dirt path. The Swablu glanced up, wondering if it fell from all the way there… But it didn't seem to be hurt at all. Perhaps it had a really good pinecone armor…

In the middle of all that another kind of rustling went unnoticed. This one came from below, from the bushes and the grasses, approaching slowly… Before it lunged out from the bush. It was the Weepinbell, clearly bruised and battered – and it was a miracle it was moving at all. Perhaps it was the need for vengeance or perhaps its gluttony, but it could not stay still. It jumped at Skylar's tail with its mouth open, barely even conscious anymore, biting down…

But it didn't even have teeth.

((Surprise!))
Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:42 pm

Skylar had dodged the second pineco, learning her lesson after the first, but this trend of avoiding the same thing happening twice in a row sadly didn't continue. She heard more rustling, but wasn't quite fast enough to avoid something clamping onto her tail for the second time today. She immediately tried to jump away, but found that this time, it was something significantly heavier, which was keeping her in place. She turned around to see the big plant-thing from earlier that Sova had called a.... weepinbell. Or at least, it looked like the same one, either that or one that'd coincidentally also been hurt recently.

The vaporeon gave her tail a tug, but this thing did not seem interested in letting go of her. She began to feel a tingling situation on her tail, which worried her. Then she noticed the bell-shaped plant-thing seemed to be breathing out purple powder onto her as it held to her. Was it poisoning her!? This sent her into a panic once more, and this time, she could feel what seemed to be.... choking? It was as if something was filling her throat and lungs. Anyone listening to her breathing would likely be able to tell she was having issues. When she breathed out, water was coming out, causing her to cough. Her body began to.... melt again as well, both of which were terrifying her.

Sova once more found himself ignoring rustling, though this time he regretted it when he saw the source. The weepinbell from earlier, and it had decided to attack. For some reason it attacked Skylar instead of himself, which he was a bit confused by since he'd been the one to attack it. It seemed to be trying to poison the vaporeon, which was bad, but there was something else that was catching his attention. Skylar seemed to be.... coughing up water. It seemed like her body was trying to help her fight off an attacker and she was rejecting it. "Blow," he suggested, taking a guess at this being a vaporeon's Water Gun.

Skylar's breathing was shaky from fear at the sort of drowning sensation she was getting. She was basically waterboarding herself. Then she heard her leader say to.... blow. It was such a simple command, and he seemed so oddly calm about this situation, it for some reason made her trust him. So she did her best to take in a breath of air despite the water, and she blew; a jet of water shot out of her mouth at Sova, whom she happened to be looking at, but it was quickly stopped by yet another cough. "S-sor-" she began, but was interrupted.

"Don't apologize, but aim for the weepinbell, and keep blowing. You won't drown," Sova spoke once more, wiping some of the water off his face with his paw.
Well, it was progress at least. Still, he felt like Skylar could do better, that she could learn how to handle at the very least a Water Gun. These things were basic functions of a vaporeon, yet this particular one couldn't properly use any of them!

Sky looked at the glaceon with a worried expression as he told her to blow again, on the weepinbell. And that she wouldn't die. Was this a normal thing for a vaporeon or something, was that why he was so calm!? She took in a shaky breath and blew out at the plant-thing holding onto her tail, pelting it in the face with a jet of water. This time, she did her best not to stop until she was out of breath, ignoring the odd sensation of water running through her throat while she breathed out. It wasn't that bad now that she was getting used to it. She pulled on her tail once more as she felt the grip loosen, and it slipped right out of the creature's mouth thanks to the aid of her body starting to get melty again. Her tail then suddenly solidified and garnered a metal sheen as she spun around and swatted the creature in the face, which happened to be pretty much its entire body.

Sova just watched his teammate, and to his relief, she seemed to pick up on how to use what her body was giving her. He couldn't really judge someone for having difficulties with such an attack, since he was still having trouble with Frost Breath. It burned him if he used it for too long and he wasn't too good with the whole concept of turning it on and off.

(Skylar has Panic Attack Powers™.)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:58 pm

Varda was taken completely off-guard by the attack of the plant, flinching as the Pokémon crashed to the ground and sent a little cloud of dirt in the air! And, to be honest… This Pokémon really shouldn't be moving the way it did, considering how badly beaten up it seemed to be. That couldn't be healthy. And… And then it latched onto the Vaporeon's tail, causing the bird to just tilt his head in a questioning manner, even looking at Sova for an answer. He really didn't seem why Pokémon wanted to bite Skylar's tail, it didn't really look that tasty in his opinion…

But when the plant Pokémon started to cough up a purple powder, the Swablu didn't find the situation as harmless anymore. He knew what this was, remembering how he was in this same forest ages ago with a friend, facing a similar Pokémon like this one… And was poisoned by the purple, powdery substance it had released!
"Aah, Skylar, don't breathe that!" He called out, but then Skylar started to melt… But that was okay. That was normal. Apparently. Varda did glance at Sova to make sure that it wasn't some weird poison side effect.

But then Skylar started to cough up water. Oh no! Was she now melting from the inside?! That couldn't be normal! Now the Swablu was really worried, looking at Sova for answers. But instead, the Glaceon was perfectly calm as he spoke to Skylar and told her what to do. The bird was just so confused.

And the Weepinbell wasn't faring much better, as it was barely conscious. However, it quite enjoyed the little shower of refreshing water on its body… Though it seemed like it was making the Vaporeon oddly… Slippery? The Pokémon eventually couldn't hold on any longer, and the tail slap was more than enough to have it roll over and stop moving.

"Skylar, are you alright?" Varda chirped.

((Too bad it comes with the tasty tail drawback.))
Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:34 pm

Skylar shook a bit as she waited for the weepinbell to get up again, but it didn't. Her shaking wasn't actually from fear, though.... The sensation of water in her lungs subsided along with the sense of danger, but her lungs still felt.... weird. There was a bit of a tingling sensation, it kind of burned. It took her a moment to realize this was because she'd just been poisoned. She hadn't listened to Varda's advice about being careful of the toxic powder, and she'd breathed some of it in.

"I...." she hesitantly spoke in response to the little bird.
She knew she was poisoned, but she didn't want to tell the others and alarm them. It didn't feel serious, so she was pretty sure she could make it back to Grassveil fine then get herself fixed up there. But she needed to sound sure of herself so they'd believe her! "I'm-" she tried to speak once more, but was interrupted yet again.
Her leader seemed to like interrupting her.

"Probably poisoned. I'm guessing you're starting to feel it, just a little. Could use the berry you found; it'd fix that," Sova spoke on behalf of the vaporeon.
He still wasn't worried, as poison wasn't some super urgent thing and they currently had a Pecha berry. Plus they were literally in Pecha forest. Pecha forest. Being poisoned here wasn't particularly dangerous. Even if it were, they were pretty close to Grassveil. But if Skylar wanted to fix the poison right here, right now, they did indeed have a Pecha berry with them....

Sky hesitated for a moment as her original plan of claiming to be fine was pretty much destroyed. She didn't want to use the item she'd found for a MISSION! No, she was fine! "N-no, I can make it back to Grassveil Town, we aren't very far away. I can fix it when we get there, I don't want to use our mission item," she responded, doing her best to be calm.
She'd finally done something useful, and she wasn't about to cancel it out and be a burden again. On the bright side, her focus was being taken off the fact that she was melting again, which was causing it to subside.

Sova stared blankly at the vaporeon as she insisted on being fine. He was pleased, impressed even, that his new teammate was valuing the mission over her safety. Not something he would let her do in a more dire situation, but this wasn't particularly dangerous so he wasn't worried. He just shrugged before starting up walking down the path they were on again.

(It's all drawbacks, as far as the eye can see.)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:09 am

Varda seemed to be quite worried as he looked at the Vaporeon, his eyes concerned. The plant was on the ground and didn't really seem to be moving or preparing for another attack, so it probably wasn't much of a problem now and didn't have to be worried about. But Skylar… She might have not been fine after all that. The bird perked up when she tried to talk, listening carefully, but it didn't manage to get far before Sova spoke up instead.

Poison, oh no! The Swablu immediately looked more worried. And, indeed, they did have the cure for the poison, the berry they had found… But it was for the mission. Skylar seemed to be against taking it, for that exact reason. It wasn't like Varda would have been very against that, as this was an emergency. They might have found another berry, or…

The Swablu blinked and opened up his bag, digging around with his talons before pulling out a Pecha berry. It had been there for a while, looking a bit worse for wear and banged up, but… It was still a Pecha berry! He was sure that it would still work.
"Um, well, I have this one if you want it..."

((I guess I can end it on my part here, do whatever, go wild yeah end thread whoo!))
Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:00 am

Skylar looked at the little bird as she was offered another Pecha berry, one that wasn't for the mission. At first, she wondered why they hadn't just used that for the mission, but she figured it was Varda's and he may not have wanted to give it up.... And it looked kind of.... not in the best condition. She was pretty sure she would be fine, though, so she really didn't want to waste someone else's supplies. She felt fine and Grassveil wasn't really far away. She could get back to town, then get a Pecha berry from a shop or something.

She shook her head, but gave a thankful smile anyway. "Thank you, but I'm alright. I didn't inhale much of the poison, I'll be fine 'till we reach town," she insisted.
Sova had started walking again, and he wasn't stopping, so she had to follow along directly after she finished speaking. Sova seemed so.... tough, and even the fluffy little cotton-bird seemed more capable than herself. She wanted to look like she could take care of herself, at least a little bit; they'd had to help her too much today already.

Sova just continued walking as the other two talked. He knew poison didn't feel good, but he also knew how it felt to not want to accept charity, so he was giving Sky a way out. Since he was still moving, she could use his refusal to stay put as an excuse to get moving as well and hopefully drop the topic. If it were more dangerous, things would be different, but he knew if worse came to worse he'd be able to recognize a difference in the vaporeon's behavior before she pushed herself too far. Besides, he figured she'd probably take the berry willingly if it got to that point.

But it didn't.

(Wooooooooooo.)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Definition of Overkill   

Back to top Go down

The Definition of Overkill
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8