Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!
Check out the Staff Recruitment thread if you are interested in becoming a staff member!

Summer Harvest Event

Want to keep up to date with site happenings? Here's the June News Thread!

Share | 

Race to the Finish

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Silver

Poké : 3070

PostSubject: Race to the Finish   Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

Lumina trotted through the forest path, colorful leaves crunching cheerfully underfoot. She glanced around as she entered the dungeon. She couldn't believe she was actually doing this, but the Gengar who had begged her to finish the mystery for him had been so pleading that she really couldn't have turned him down. Apparently the Gengar was banned from the forest or some such nonsense -perhaps he had gotten on the bad side of the gang of pokemon that lived here? Anyway, the Gengar had plenty of leaves to solve the island's mystery, only missing a few key components to solve the puzzle.

Apparently the mystery could only be solved for a reward for a few more days, then the prizes would all be gone. The Gengar had given her a bunch of leaves and had told her what the answer to the puzzle was, though she hadn't really appreciated that bit, seeing as how she had wanted to see if she could solve the puzzle herself. Ah well, when she got to the puzzle she'd make sure to read the puzzle and try to figure it out herself anyway; just to check the Gengar's solution, anyway.

Lumina looked around. Now she had to find some leaves, as apparently they were key in solving the riddle at the end of the dungeon. She had a pile of leaves in her sack from the Gengar but apparently she was missing two important leaves - a white leaf, and a purple leaf.

AuthorMessage
aMEWzing

Poké : 1080

PostSubject: Re: Race to the Finish   Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:57 pm

Miss T: {11}

Miss Treavus would have winced at the Vulpix's struggles if she knew well enough how terrible the pain was. Sure, she could feel attacks and such, but she only felt one attack all this time, and it was an instant one-hit KO. The weak ghost wanted to be cautious, but at the same time, she wanted to help the fire-type.

What Genevieve witnessed very well surprised her. This Pokemon had some power, that which would be useful for protecting her while trying to make it to the shrine in this dungeon. Not to mention, she saw it shuffling some leaves that looked a lot like the leaves another acquaintance explained to be the key to unlocking the shrine. Or at least part of the puzzle. The rest of it, she could surely figure out.

Now with the cocoon Pokemon off the flank of the Vulpix, Miss T was able to attack it with a Shadow Sneak. The ghost sunk down into the ground, nearing the target while phased into nothingness, and burst up to attack the bug-type. She turned around to see if the fox-like creature was alright, then faced the enemy again, prepared to phase into something again if it tried to attack.

Back to top Go down
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Race to the Finish   Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:40 pm

Energy: 8 + 2 (page + heal ribbon) = 10

Lumina panted as she felt a little bit of energy return to her. She lifted her head just in time to see the cascoon flee into the forest, rolling away as quickly as the spherical pokemon with no limbs could do.

She turned her head to look at the misdreavus instead. "T-thank... you..." she gasped out, laying her head back on the ground. She dreaded looking at her back, certain that there would be chunks of fur ripped out and surely several punctures and scratches. Though the heating of her body had helped with the pain initially, it was creeping back in as she cooled down, and she was sure that she would remember this battle for quite some time.

PostSubject: Re: Race to the Finish   Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:58 pm

Miss T: {11 + 1 (page) = 12}

Miss Treavus stared intently at the Pokemon, who scrambled away from her finishing attack. When hearing a now-trusting voice, the Misdreavus turned and looked to the Vulpix, her pupils looking down at and setting on her, and a kind smile crossing her face lightly, her eyes glimmering a smile as well.

The ghost hovered to a settling position, noticing the injuries upon the organism's back, eyeing it with precautionary care. She would've drawn a potion if it didn't mean accusations of poisoning attempts, or being a witch. At least it was all over.

"With that out of the way, and your newly-gained trust, I should best introduce myself, no matter how late. I am Miss T, sorry for the fright I gave you." Her facial expression once again became unidentifiable.

Back to top Go down
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Race to the Finish   Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:12 pm

Lumina blinked as the misdreavus spoke for the first time. She had thought that perhaps the ghost just couldn't speak, rather than just choosing not to speak. She frowned. "Why didn't you say something when I was threatening you?" she asked. "If I'd known you weren't feral, I definitely wouldn't have attacked." Not that she would have attacked first in any case, but this pokemon was definitely one of the stranger she had met. "Oh, and I'm Lumina," she added as an afterthought.

PostSubject: Re: Race to the Finish   Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:40 pm

Miss T: {12 - (roll)}

"Because," she started. "I like to earn others' trust in a natural sort of way. If you knew I could speak, you might have thought I was a stuck-up ghost, a know-it-all controlling one, or one incapable of feeling. Also, There's been instances where I've scared off some Pokemon in this instance by talking." The Misdreavus's voice was boldly feminine, and somewhat melodic.

Thankfully, the Vulpix revealed her name, which was important for Miss T to know.
"I hope you don't mind if I record your name. I kind of record everyone I meet to remember their greatest of interests and priorities, and remembering names is honestly no walk in the park. It's not like I was able to study it for centuries to record it mentally."

Some Pokemon got peeved when she recorded stuff about them, or just bothered by it. But really, she recorded everything new she learned and hadn't read in a book eventually. In fact, her notes about the shrine were still stored, which she would document later on. She just wanted to seem further trustworthy by asking, and appealing to this Pokemon's preferences.

aMEWzing carried out 1 launched of one Fallen Leaf Copse (Image not informed.) :

Back to top Go down
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Race to the Finish   Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:47 pm

Lumina blinked in confusion at the misdreavus' explanation. "Um... isn't talking more natural than not talking? At least... to me. I thought you were a feral pokemon and when you didn't talk, I was even less trusting of what you were doing. I mean... ghost pokemon aren't exactly the easiest to read. When one doesn't talk, its even harder to divulge one's intentions, causing even more distrust. Well.. at least, in my opinion," she mumbled.

She paused at the misdreavus' next question. She frowned further in confusion. "Well... I suppose you can... I've no objections..." Though its kinda weird if you ask me, she added to herself mentally. She cocked her head sideways and it was then that her ears detected the rustling of the forest's undergrowth. She looked around, sniffing the air. There was some sort of pokemon scent in the air, though she wasn't able to identify the pokemon.

Silver carried out 3 launched of one Fallen Leaf Copse (Image not informed.) :
, ,

PostSubject: Re: Race to the Finish   Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:14 pm

Miss T: {12 - 3 = 9}

The mortal seemed utterly confused by her reasoning, which clearly would only make sense to fellow ghosts. "Well, that's the exact kind of discrimination ghosts have to face nearly every day. That 'we're all bad', that we're always plotting someone's demise in our minds. Other types just don't understand that it's not true." Miss T wanted to continue, but it sounded like she was giving a lecture. That's how she got her nickname Miss T: because she always gave lessons like a teacher might.

The Vulpix seemed to be alert, what for, Miss T didn't know. She could only slightly identify a ghost's presence, but something was off... Nothing was in the range of her sensory, or what was heard by the canine was a normal type or something. Either that, or it was being overly jumpy. But suddenly, she was able to sense a faint presence of a ghost, at least 5 trees away. She was quite impressed with the living thing's sensory capabilities.

Back to top Go down
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Race to the Finish   Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:02 pm

Energy: 10 - 5 (roll) + 10 (oran berry) = 15

Lumina could sense the oncoming fight between them and the forest's inhabitants, and dug through her pack to get out an oran berry, gobbling it down as quickly as possible. She felt her energy return to her and faced the deerling that had appeared at the other end of the clearing. She knew that a phantump lurked in the trees, but trusted that the misdreavus would take care of her fellow ghost type.

Lumina lighted up her inner fire and flashed a fire spin at the deerling, surrounding it in a veil of flames. The deerling cried out in shock and fear, and attempted to break through the flames, only to be thrown back into the circle from the velocity of the spinning flames. It tried to kick sand at the flames, but the sand merely flew harmlessly through the flames.

PostSubject: Re: Race to the Finish   Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:12 pm

Miss T: {9}

Surprised at the organism's sudden need to eat, Treavus ignored it as she probably had some reasoning behind it, and returned her attentiveness to ensuring she would not be attacked by the feral abundance that noticed them. Plotting a retaliation in her head, she figured a couple of Shadow Sneaks would strongly inflict the fellow ghost and be rid of it before it could do much. She figured the fire type could take down any one easily, who Miss T presumed to be much stronger than herself. If she had problems with taking down the Phantump that now entered the clearing, the acquaintance could easily finish it off with an Ember.

Seeing that Lumina targeted the Deerling that followed in after the Phantump, Treavus knew that the vulpine animal understood strategy fairly well. Following through on her own plan, she merged with the ground as only a ghost can, and struck upwards onto the Stump Pokemon with ease, and went back into hiding in order to strike again. While she couldn't see anything else going on, she hoped Lumina was battling well in her part.

Back to top Go down
FoxFireAlchemist
Dark Ducklett Priestess

Poké : 3295

PostSubject: Re: Race to the Finish   Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:44 pm

Izumi that Absol, a strange-looking character in the fact that her colors were different from a normal Absol, walked into the copse one very fine day and immediately encountered what looked to be a big skirmish between some forest pokemon and pokemon who definitely looked to be inhabitants of other places. She was shocked for a moment; she had come to search for boxes as stock for her shop but it seemed as though she had discovered more than that. Izumi, being a shopkeeper, wasn't a big fighter (or at least, she didn't do it often enough to be incredibly good at it), but she was willing to at least do something to get this borderline brawl to stop. She targeted the burning Deerling, who seemed to be suffering and close to fainting anyways, and dashed towards it. Her head scythe glowed and increased in size before slashing it through the flames at the Deerling, knocking it directly in the temple in her attempt to put it out of it's misery. As she did, she dropped the Trawl Orb that she had been planning on using to look for boxes. It activated from impact with the ground and started to glow with an intense light.

"Okay, hold everything; what's going on here?!?" Izumi exclaimed, ignoring her currently intensly-glowing orb in favor of getting things sorted out.

Izumi the Absol - 16 energy

FoxFireAlchemist carried out 5 launched of one Fallen Leaf Copse (Image not informed.) :
, , , ,

Trawl Orb roll-

FoxFireAlchemist carried out 10 launched of one Fallen Leaf Copse (Image not informed.) :
, , , , , , , , ,

Click for Records^
Image by Sova
Back to top Go down
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Race to the Finish   Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:55 pm

To say that Lumina was surprised by the Absol's sudden appearance and subsequent defeat of the pokemon she had been facing, would be quite the understatement. Lumina was a rather solitary pokemon; she wasn't used to spending time with other pokemon, and she always felt rather uncomfortable in big crowds. The sudden appearance of another pokemon thrown into the equation caused Lumina's heart to start racing, and she backed away quickly in her shock.

She ended up backing into a tree, causing the leaves to rustle and a pokemon to fall out and onto Lumina's head for the second time that day. She cursed her luck and flailed around, trying to get the Wurmple off of her head, but it clung to her fur with its sticky, stubby... er, paw-tentacle things, and refused to come off. Lumina growled in irritation.

"I AM SO SICK OF POKEMON JUMPING ON MY HEAD! WHAT IS IT, STICK TO LUMINA'S FUR DAY?!?!" she burst out in irritation, ramming her head against the nearest tree, trying to get the wurmple to let go.

Silver carried out 2 launched of one Fallen Leaf Copse (Image not informed.) :

PostSubject: Re: Race to the Finish   Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:41 pm

Bursting out and finishing off the Phantump with one last Shadow Sneak, Miss T heard a new, unknown voice, so the Misdreavus turned to the source. Standing in the start of the clearing was an Absol, notably shiny, which the intelligent ghost could tell instantly, who seemed to have activated an orb she could not identify due to its intense glowing. It became clear afterwards, however, as some items appeared in its place. A Trawl Orb. It seemed the Dark-type finished off the Deerling, and was most definitely not feral, so at the least was trustworthy. Recalling the question, Treavus answered dryly.
"Simply battling intrusive Pokemon, that's all."

As she answered, the flash of light from the orb before seemed to scare Lumina. Either that, or she feared the Absol was an enemy. The profuse appearance of wild Pokemon had clearly gotten out of hand when a Wurmple jumped down from the tree the Vulpix ended up being under, attacking her. Bug Pokemon must have really hated her or something. She bashed her head into the tree, squishing the insect's weak squishy body and making it let go. When it landed, injured on the ground, Miss T decided to leave it be. It must have been scared by the shaking, and fell because of the movement of the tree. It probably meant no harm, and now was injured. The Misdreavus instead turned to the newcomer, and asked as all would. She had no need for a mysterious act.
"Sorry that you had to come in at such a time. We were in the middle of a search for specific leaves in order to solve the puzzle at the shrine." Why not tell too much for once?

Back to top Go down
FoxFireAlchemist
Dark Ducklett Priestess

Poké : 3295

PostSubject: Re: Race to the Finish   Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:44 am

Izumi was suddenly bombarded with items getting sucked in by the trawl orb, getting hit in the face with a Gummi and a Gold ribbon. The rest piled into a stack next to her as the orb disappeared, leaving behind no trace of its existence. Izumi rifled through the stack quickly, but was unimpressed to find that the orb had yielded her no boxes. "Rats," the Absol muttered, gathering them all into her bag. She looked over to the ghost who was speaking to her.

"Oh, no; I'm sorry for interrupting at a bad..... ish, time; I just hope everyone's alright." She looked over at the Vulpix who was headbashing at a tree, "...Although it appears that not everyone is.... In any case, what leaves are you searching for? My trawl orb drew in a few green leaves if that helps. And if it doesn't, I could help you search. I'm here searching for items, anyways."

Click for Records^
Image by Sova
Back to top Go down
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Race to the Finish   Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:36 pm

Lumina watched in satisfaction as the wurmple slid off her head and lay on the ground twitching. Finally the stupid thing had come off her head. She was so distracted that she didn't notice the two pokemon talking behind her.

As she looked down at the wurmple, she noticed a small hole in the base of the tree that she had been bashing her head against. She wriggled her way into the hole, and found a cache of treasures; there was an orange gummi, a blast seed, a blue box, two gold-colored ribbons, and a white leaf that looked like the leaves the gengar had given her. Lumina squeaked in excitement at the leaf.

From what she could remember, the white leaf was one of the few leaves they still needed to complete the puzzle at the shrine. They still needed a purple leaf, but she decided to ask the misdreavus if she had a purple leaf. After gathering the items in her pack, Lumina squeezed back out of the hole and looked around the clearing, noting the shiny absol that she had forgotten about.

"Hey, guys.. I found a white leaf! If my information is correct, we only need a purple leaf left. Do either of you have a purple leaf? If so, we can head to the shrine and do this thing!" she said, her excitement getting the better of her.

((OOC: Mew, that would be the purple leaf you have? I know we settled this OOC but useful to have IC too))

PostSubject: Re: Race to the Finish   Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:04 pm

The Absol seemed very apologetic for coming in at the time she did, which didn't really matter to the ghost type since she wasn't feral and had no intent on attacking them. In fact, it seemed she only wanted to find some items, and when she asked to join, Miss T simply had no argument against the notion. She nodded in agreement, turning to see if Lumina was doing the same, but what Treavus saw instead made her heart skip a beat from surprise and excitement. The Vulpix was holding a rare leaf they needed, rambling on excitedly.

She asked a question, which the Misdreavus knew exactly why, and was proud of how she was able to answer it. She pulled out a purple leaf from her inventory and held it in her ghostly glow before the other two Pokémon.
"If this violet-colored item of foliage is truly the last object we need, does that mean we are prepared to solve the riddle at the shrine, and that I am therefore also compelled to come with you?"

((OOC: yes, yes I do. Also, sorry for the short post. I did this from my phone. I'll be home soon.))

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Race to the Finish   

Back to top Go down

Race to the Finish
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next