Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!
Check out the Staff Recruitment thread if you are interested in becoming a staff member!

Summer Harvest Event

Want to keep up to date with site happenings? Here's the June News Thread!

Share | 

Darkness and Shadows

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FoxFireAlchemist
Dark Ducklett Priestess

Poké : 3295

PostSubject: Darkness and Shadows   Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:04 pm

The cool shadows cast on the marsh by the late morning sun provided a relaxing oasis of escape for one Simon the Ducklett, or "Dark Ducklett" as many referred to him (due to his coloring and . Simon had traveled a long way from his home in the hopes of finding a nomadic friend of his, but he hadn't had any luck in his search. The Ducklett heaved a little sigh; he had really been hoping to talk to his homeless friend Pete Moss about his new dream for the future, but Pete wasn't anywhere to be found. Pete was one of the only pokemon who would talk to Simon; everyone else he had met so far was either scared or profusely creeped out by his looks. The Ducklett also had narcolepsy and nocturnal lagophthalmos (meaning his eyes wouldn't shut when he slept), so when he fell asleep unexpectedly other pokemon would assume he was just staring into nothing creepily. Simon sighed and looked down at the marshy waters he was floating in. He had been so looking forward to having that talk, too...

(Simon the Dark Ducklett - 4 Energy)

Click for Records^
Image by Sova
Back to top Go down
Coaster
Admin, Head Moderator & Head Board Updater

Poké : 8383

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Shadows   Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:54 pm

Animae Raverous, Remitis
Energy: 9 (24-15=9)
A few days earlier,
After fleeing from grassveil after his incident with a trio of pokemon, Raverous had found himself a little resting place, somewhere within cattail marsh; On top of a floating lilypad, Hidden within the shadows of nearby plant life, he remained.

However; his rest would soon be put to rest. /SHOT
A pokemon had been nearby him. So far it has not noticed his stone; an odd, out of place stone with some sort of rune on the front of it.

He remained within the stone for a moment to find out what this pokemon was doing.

Dark Ducklett Priestess

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Shadows   Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:25 pm

Simon continued to float in the marsh water, keeping a sharp eye out for any figures that could possibly be his friend Pete. "Aww Pete, where are you? I thought you'd be here...." he sighed under his breath, scanning the same area he had been watching for the past 10 minutes now. As he looked around again, the Ducklett noticed something he hadn't before. A stone, an odd-looking one at that, perched on a lilly pad a few feet away from him. The strange ruin on the front of the stone made him a little hesitant to approach it, but he did so anyways. Why was a random stone sitting so deliberately on a lilly pad in the water like this? The Ducklett was completely befuddled.

Click for Records^
Image by Sova
Back to top Go down
Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Shadows   Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:38 pm

Animae Raverous, Remitis

The ghost type continued to watch the pokemon watch a certain area for a while now. Eventually it took notice to the ghost type's keystone that was on the lilypad. Eventually approaching it. He remained there for a moment, wondering if it will just go away or he will have to reveal himself.

The pokemon didn't seem to go away. 'Gah, Must I have to deal with this, this early?' Raverous thought as the rock began to shake slightly.

Eventually the ghost emerged from the stone, like smoke coming from a vent. Glowing purple, giving off a faint purplish light around the area, which was only visible in the darker shadows of the area.

"Enjoying the sight." the spiritomb spoke with a grin.

[Energy: 9]

Dark Ducklett Priestess

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Shadows   Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:56 pm

"Woah; yikes!!" Simon exclaimed as a purple ghost erupted from the strange stone he had been observing. Simon's pupil-less, colorless eyes grew as wide as dinner plates and he reeled backwards in surprise, flapping his wings around rapidly as he tried to steady himself. After getting over the initial shock, Simon paddled back up to the spirit in the stone and waded in front of him apologetically.

"I'm sorry; I didn't mean to stare," Simon apologized, "it's just that a rock floating on a lilypad isn't exactly a common sight, and I was just a little curious." The Ducklett looked at the ghost quietly, trying to figure out exactly how it fit itself in that tiny little stone. Or how it had managed to rest on a lilypad without sinking it, for that matter.

Simon the Dark Ducklett - 4 Energy

FoxFireAlchemist carried out 4 launched of one Cattail Marsh (Image not informed.) :
, , ,

Click for Records^
Image by Sova

Last edited by FoxFireAlchemist on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to take the space out between [/ roll] again because I'm a big dipwad (for Kat))
Back to top Go down
Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Shadows   Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:32 pm

AnimaeRaverous,Remitis

The spiritomb looked at the pokemon with mild amusement. "It is perfectly fine, it is not often one would random stone floating on a lilypad. I should have chosen a better spot to hide off at." the spiritomb said with a slight frown.

"Anyways, What are you doing in this... Dark and muddy place." The spiritomb asked the Ducklett.

"Also, what an interesting set of colors you have on you. That must certainly be rare.. Best guess, you don't like having the attention of what others give when a shiny walks into a town?"

Dark Ducklett Priestess

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Shadows   Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:29 pm

The Ducklett chuckled at the spirit's response, "Well, it's true that a lily pad isn't the most inconspicuous place to hide a stone, but nobody can blame you for wanting to have a nice float. I imagine when you're not a water type, an impromptu lily pad boat makes for a nice way to relax on the water without getting wet." He was quiet as the other stone-bound pokemon responded with a few questions for the duck pokemon himself.

"Well," Simon began, "I came here to try and find a friend, but it appears that he's not here. Not that I'm surprised really; he's kind of a nomadic wanderer so it's hard to predict where he's going to show up." The Ducklett sighed. "I was hoping to maybe talk to him today; he's one of the only pokemon who really talks to me. Everyone in the town I live in is too afraid of the way I look, so I'm not always 'well-received' there. That, and I have really sensitive eyes. The shade is really calming and it's a good place to rest my eyes."

Simon was a little startled when the other pokemon asked him if he was a shiny. "Um, oh no, I'm just a regular Ducklett. A lot of pokemon think I was born without pupils and irises, but that's just because I wear pure white contacts. They help my eye sensitivity so I can see in daylight without hurting myself. That's also why I dyed my feathers; they were a really bright color and it hurt to look at them. .....I also just think these colors look cooler," Simon chuckled sheepishly.

Click for Records^
Image by Sova
Back to top Go down
Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Shadows   Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:30 pm

[b]Animea Raverous, Remitis

The spiritomb looked at the the ducklet as it spoke, He had little interest at first, however he still listened to the pokemon. He hid the fact very well. His lack of interest was mainly due to him wanting to rest a bit longer, however pretty soon he would no longer want to rest either way, knowing this is another pokemon there. "Not well received, That is just wrong." The spiritomb stated with a plain expression on his face.

"So, you use a dye for those colors. Heh, that is actually pretty neat.. Any reason why you are sensitive to light?" The spiritomb asked.
OOC: That manipulative little... effer.

Dark Ducklett Priestess

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Shadows   Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:52 am

Simon shrugged at the Spiritomb's remark about his colors being ill-received by other pokemon. "Admittedly... I do look a little weird; not to mention the way I avoid sunlight is probably a little strange to other pokemon." He nodded at the ghost pokemon after the spirit's next statement, "Mhmmm, my plumage used to be a really bright shade of blue; honestly so bright I couldn't even look at my reflection in the shade. My vision's been very clear and precise since I was born; I have the Keen Eye ability as well so that also affects how well I see," Simon explained; conversing with ease though not many pokemon offered him practice in conversation.

Simon was adjusting himself in the marsh's shallow water when a sudden clicking noise could be heard below him. "That's.... odd. I feel... better?" the Ducklett questioned confusedly after the glowing dispersed and the apparent trap went silent once more. "I've been told that dungeons are full of traps, but... That hardly seemed like a trap...?" Simon was interested by this development, but he was more interested in learning more about the strange pokemon he had encountered. "So, where did you come from? What brings you from there to the Marsh?

Simon the Dark Ducklett- 5 energy

FoxFireAlchemist carried out 5 launched of one Cattail Marsh (Image not informed.) :
, , , ,

Click for Records^
Image by Sova
Back to top Go down
Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Shadows   Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:46 pm

Animae Raverous, Remitis

The spiritomb looked at the ducklett. "That is strange, feeling better? From A trap." he stated looked towards the trap. It wasn't visible though so he quickly looked back towards the Ducklett. "Where I am from.. I am from no one place..." he stated as he turned away. "I always travel, only to linger in certain areas for a while at a time. If I like them, I will return to them shortly." The spiritomb stated as he turned back towards the ducklett.

[Encounters Left:
2x TM Defox, 1x Pink Gummi, 1x Blue Gummi, 1x Grimy Food
Foakie, Masquerain, Surskit]

Dark Ducklett Priestess

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Shadows   Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:35 pm

"Yeah, it was really strange... that's the first trap I've ever encountered, actually," Simon commented, bobbing up and down on the marsh's watery surface. "So you're a traveler? Have you always traveled?" Simon asked, before a Masquerain and a Surskit duo approached the two. They had shady faces, and even shadier behaviors.

"Hey you guys.... you wanna buy some good stuff....? We got some good stuff right here..." the Masquerain said in a scratchy voice, like he had some kind of cold. The Surskit nodded his head in agreement, looking at the two potential customers with a cold, angry glare.

"Huh? You mean like items? Are you shopkeepers or something?" Simon asked incredulously, trying to comprehend that the two pokemon before him and their claims of being shopkeepers.

Click for Records^
Image by Sova
Back to top Go down
Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Shadows   Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:53 pm

Animae Raverous, Remitis

The spiritomb nodded as he asked if he had always traveled. The spiritomb glared at the two pokemon. As much as he wanted to let them do whatever they wanted to do. He wanted to gain another potential ally.

"Not, Interested..." he said with a look of, You don't leave us alone. I will dish out some serious hurt, kind of look.

The spiritomb looked at the ducklett. Wondering what if he was going to fall for their little trick they may be trying to pull.

Dark Ducklett Priestess

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Shadows   Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:10 pm

The Masquerain looked at the Spiritomb in shock for a moment. His gaze soon transformed into one of burning fury. He hated the way that Spiritomb was looking at him; he hated it so much. The bug pokemon was hesitant to confront the strange pokemon, however. He had never fought a ghost before; he had no clue what they could do and he was hesitant to pick a fight with something that was such an anomaly to him.

The Surskit sensed his partner's apprehension and understood where it was coming from. He was having similar fears of the unknown, but he was less likely to let it overtake him. "I say we go for it," the small blue pokemon growled, glaring at the Ducklett with the weird eyes and colors. The Masquerain was hesitant for a moment longer, then nodded.

Before Simon could even try to comprehend what was going on, the Surskit suddenly rushed him with Quick Attack, smacking into the small avian pokemon with commendable force. Simon flailed and splashed around in the water confusedly before flapping his wings and lifting himself out of the water, putting some distance between him and his attacker.

While the Surskit attacked Simon, the Masquerain began whipping up a strange wind with an eerie aura. He then blasted an Ominous Wind at the ghost, hoping to take it out fast and be done with it.

Click for Records^
Image by Sova
Back to top Go down
Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Shadows   Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:31 pm

Animae Raverous, Remitis

The spiritomb glared at the pokemon as the one went to say something. He heard what it had said and quickly summoned up a psychic ray of energy towards that one pokemon, seaming to miss as it had already disappeared using quick attack. Striking the ducklett. The spiritomb grumbled as he prepared for whatever the Masquerain had thought to do. After a moment of seeing an odd aura envelope the area, sudden a wind came from behind the pokemon then striking the ghost type.

"Oh, so ominous... Do it again." Raverous said to the pokemon in a wicked tone. He hid the fact that it actually affected him somewhat. The pokemon seemed to recoil at his comment, believing his bluff of not being affected by it. It left the pokemon slightly unnerved. It then began to have a glow form in front of it. Raverous smirked as he knew it was a hyperbeam...

The Surskit seemed to notice and it shouted to not do that, but to use its foresight move first. However it was too late the beam of energy engulfed the spiritomb. The light surrounding him was incredibly bright. Showing that there was a lot of energy in the attack. However when the light faded. There was a still standing, perfectly unharmed spiritomb. "Nice light... Should of listened to your friend." The spiritomb said chuckling in slightly wicked tone. The Masquerain seemed absolutely petrified by the fact he was still there. Completely unharmed... However it was unable to move due to using all that energy on its attack. "My turn."...

Dark Ducklett Priestess

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Shadows   Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:18 am

Simon landed in the water behind the Surskit as the Masquerain fired it's initial attack, shooting a Water Gun from his beak at the at the bug's back while it didn't know what to expect. The light, fragile bug got swept up in the forceful stream of water and was blown back quiet a distance, coughing and sputtering as water came from seemingly everywhere without him expecting it. The bug tried to recover with another Quick Attack, but Simon was expecting him this time and set up a Mirror Move by watching the opponent carefully and mimicking the way it executed the move. The two pokemon collided and were thrown in opposite direction.

The Surskit looked over at his friend to check on how he was faring, watching him set up a Hyper Beam. The small bug smirked; there was no way anyone could survive that.... but wait, the Surskit noticed that his partner hadn't set Foresight up first!!! The blue bug panicked and yelled, "...NO!!! Your foresight; use your foresight!!!" It was too late, however, and the Surskit watched weakly as the spirit took no damage and his partner was left defenseless.

"...Foresight?" Simon asked under his breath as the winged bug used Hyper Beam on the Spirit pokemon that the Ducklett had been talking to. He gasped in shock as the Spiritomb was enveloped in bright white light, but to his surprise and relief the other pokemon came out unscathed.... somehow. Were all ghosts like this? Simon had never met any before this one so he didn't know.

Click for Records^
Image by Sova
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darkness and Shadows   

Back to top Go down

Darkness and Shadows
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next