Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!
Check out the Staff Recruitment thread if you are interested in becoming a staff member!

Want to keep up to date with site happenings? Here's the June News Thread!

Share | 

Birbs and Foxes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Lord E V
Head Secretary & Lord of the Eevees

Poké : 2625

PostSubject: Birbs and Foxes   Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Mission Details:

The water-drenched flatlands known as the Cattail Marsh certainly weren't much of a spectacle, at least during the day.  Not even the rays of the setting sun could fix that.  It was about as inviting as it looked, too.  One particular glaceon knew from experience that it was annoying to travel through the marsh, if not difficult.  Of course, the two birds with him would have little trouble other than occasionally having to move out of the way of a tree, since they could fly.  He could have frozen the water and just walked or even skated over it if he still had Ice Beam on his side, but he just HAD to go and use another TM, he couldn't just settle for what he already had....

"Frost Breath", what a ripoff.  All it had done to him was take away his ability to use Ice Beam.  There was nothing akin to any "Frost Breath" replacing it from what he could tell, he was just down a move due to some faulty TM.  Surely, this was the case.  It couldn't possibly be that this move in particular was just something that he could not properly use.  So he would have to walk through the marsh, but it wasn't like he hadn't done that before.  Besides.... it would be night soon.  He'd insisted on them coming later in the day for that specific reason.  For the light show.  "So, Linus, do you know why I wanted to come here so late?", he asked as he stopped at the edge of the water, taking a moment to speak to his companions before getting to the "fun" part.

Nearby, in a rather easy to climb tree, a little ball of brown fluff was sitting on a branch over the marsh in the hopes of drying off.  He'd heard this place had a pretty lightshow during the nights, but he hadn't expected it to be so wet.... despite it being a marsh.  He'd decided to sit in a tree, away from the water and hopefully safe from any lurking dangers, as he waited for the promised lights.  The trip here was a pain, he hoped it would at least be worth it.

(Sova's Energy: 38)
(Keith's Energy: 2)

Character Records

Is it my post in our thread?  Wanna start a thread with me?  Hit me up HERE

Oh yeah, and I dabble in pixel art.  If you're interested, check out my shop.

And now for a bit about myself.

Last edited by Sova on Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Birbs and Foxes   Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:16 am

Sova gritted his teeth and began to growl as the sliggoo just casually turned and moved along. Oh no, he wasn't done yet, nowhere NEAR done. He bolted off his main icy path and along the water as the icy mist began to leak out of his mouth once more, quickly freezing him a path as he ran. He felt highly offended that this thing had just attacked then decided to wander away, no, he wanted to finish this.... and win! Then the whishcash got in front of him with a rather stern look on its face. "Move!", he shouted.

The whishcash shook his head to the glaceon's attitude. "Now, now.... there's no need for excessive violence.", he explained.

Sova huffed and leaped over the whishcash before continuing his path and his charge towards the sliggoo. However, the whishcash bolted through the path, crackling with electricity in an attempt to stop him. He leaped off the path to the side, creating a new and rather wobbly piece of ice to stand on. He quickly began moving again, not giving the ice enough time to become unstable under him, once again trying to get to the sliggoo.

The whishcash once again moved in front of his path, however. This fish was certainly fast for its size.... He decided instead of trying to get around the big fish, he would just attack from range. So he fired a Shadow Ball at the sliggoo, too quickly for the whishcash to react and stop it.

Keith just kind of watched as the glaceon tried to maneuver around the whishcash, who was stopping him from continuing the fight. The jolteon agreed with this; why keep fighting when the enemy was leaving? He swam back onto the slippery, icy path and struggled for a few seconds before managing to finally pull himself onto the path.

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Lazarus Rex

Poké : 2118

PostSubject: Re: Birbs and Foxes   Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:55 am

The shadowball rocketed towards the sliggoo, the dragon type turned to see what the ruckus was about behind it, and watched as a shadow ball flew directly over its head and collided with an elderly tree behind it. The tree collapsed from the force, and provided a dry bridge for the sliggoo to crawl across. The sliggoo stuck its toungue out at the glaceon, and crawled onto the trunk and moved along.

Acro hardly reacted to the tree falling, depression filling his mind as pessimism clouded it as well. He looked up to the scene, searching for...heck he didn't know. What was the point? Not like he could do anything about anything, especially in this state. That damned ability. He knew it was natural to archeops, but damn he hated it. What had his ancestors done to give him this kind of weakness? Why did he have to be weak in general? He sighed, looking back down, waiting for something like the sounds of the group moving along to make a move.

Linus finally spotted the goomy, noticing it seemed to be drowning something, either that or being attacked. He was not sure which, but he swooped down and plucked the goomy from atop the Inkay, desiring to save whoever was in danger. He had to harshly tighten his grip on the goomy, but only because the slime made it difficult to grasp the dragon type. He had to keep readjusting his grip, but it did not help, when the goomy decided to take a bite out of his talons.

The goomy grew terrified, something snatching it up and whisking it away from its friend, Mr.Hat. The dragon type panicked, not realizing it was Cluckoo, and bit at the talons, hearing a screech of pain as he was dropped. Luckily, it was not a high drop, unluckily, he was dropped just above Sova, so his fall threatened to smash the goomy atop the glaceon.

(*throws Inkay at you* YOU TAKE IT)

You have been blessed with a post, Guest, cherish it.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Birbs and Foxes   Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:44 am

Sova growled in frustration as his attack missed the sliggoo, which he decided to blame on the damn whishcash distracting him. However, before he could continue to pursue, a pained screech sounded out and took his attention. He looked up to see a goomy falling right for him. He couldn't try to CATCH the goomy, since he had paws and was literally a living pincushion at the moment. Acro was likely too far away and Keith, despite having the speed, wasn't much better for actually touching the goomy. He couldn't just move either, due to the fact that if he moved, the goomy would slam into his ice path, which he figured probably wouldn't feel good.

In the end, the glaceon begrudgingly decided there was only one thing he could do. He opened his bag and positioned it with a paw so that it was directly under the goomy, allowing it to fall in. He knew this was likely going to get all of his items slimy, but there wasn't really much other choice.

The whishcash sighed in relief as the Shadow Ball missed and another fight was avoided. He expected the glaceon to continue pursuing, however, it seemed the spiky fox's attention had been taken to something else. A.... falling goomy! Oh no! But sadly, the whishcash was not in a position to help, so he had to leave it to this glaceon.

Keith just kind of watched as the events unfolded. He felt fairly useless.... he wasn't a fish so he couldn't swim well, he wasn't a bird so he couldn't fly and he wasn't Sova so he couldn't literally walk on water. On top of that, if he tried to take to the water, he would shock everyone around him and if he even tried to touch anyone, he would just electrocute them. This feeling of uselessness was starting to get a bit.... painful to him. He wanted to do something to help! Anything!

Meanwhile the inkay was bolting towards the group from under the cover of the water, following where the goomy had ended up. It wanted to get payback for being disturbed by this.... thing! Of course, this also meant payback on anything protecting it.

(Fine but I hope you know this thing ain't stayin long. Gon get noscoped real quick.)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Lazarus Rex

PostSubject: Re: Birbs and Foxes   Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:13 am

Hello there Baggie! Goomy had dropped into the glaceon's bag. He blinked as he righted himself to stand as much as he could stand in the large bag. He looked around, wondering where he was. Had the bag taken him to a new world made of...whatever this stuff was? His antlers poked out of the top of the bag, wondering just where he was. Where was Mammy? Spoop? Cluckoo? Taffy-cake? Fatty? He didn't like this new world..none of his family was here...the goomy sniffled, about to cry.

Linus flapped his wings, keeping himself in the same spot as he surveyed what was occurring. He gave a haunting caw as he spotted something pink rocketing towards them. He glared at it, trying to warn the others, "Hey, there's something coming!" he called down to them. He could not quite tell what it was, not having seen an inkay before and not having bothered to look at the wanted poster Acro possessed.

Acro watched as the Glaceon caught the goomy. He was rather relieved, considering he would rather not the goomy be impaled or smashed against the ice. His attention was drawn towards the honchkrow, as he seemed to be attempting to warn them of something. He looked to see an Inkay charging towards them, "Oh look," he spoke, "The client," though his voice was rather low, not quite feeling like doing anything but lay on some ground and wish he didn't exist.

Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Birbs and Foxes   Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:39 pm

The whishcash seemed rather oblivious to the presence of the inkay, his attention focused on the goomy.  He's so useful.

Keith looked up as the big murkrow tried to warn them of something, then directed his gaze to what ever Linus was getting all worried about.  He saw something under the water, swimming in the direction of Sova!  This was his chance to help!  He bolted forward on the ice, or tried to, but it was very slippery.  He managed to keep his footing still and leaped at the water as the inkay jumped out of it in an attempt to attack Sova, tackling it and bringing into the water.  He electrocuted the jellyfish the entire time due to his body's new natural charge, only getting worse for it once they landed in the water.  The water made the electrocution much worse and Keith held as tightly as he could to it as it tried to escape, eventually knocking it out and coming to the surface, holding the unconscious target in his mouth by a tentacle.

Sova sighed in relief as he managed to catch the goomy in his bag.  He then opened the bag as he heard a sniffle.  "Hey, you alright?", he questioned to the goomy as he peered in, his attention being taken away from the area around him.  That is, of course, until the two birds started talking about something in the water, the mission target.  He glanced towards the water as an inkay jumped out at him, only for it to be knocked back into the water by a yellow, spiky thing.  Oh right, he had a jolteon with him.  It seemed Keith could do something useful after all.  When the jolteon finally pulled the enemy out of the water, he congratulated his new teammate.  "Good job."  Yes, this jolteon could join his team....

(Sova's energy - 24)
(Keith's energy - 3)
Sova
Lord E V carried out 10 launched of one Cattail Marsh (Image not informed.) :
, , , , , , , 64 , 64 ,
Keith
Lord E V carried out 3 launched of one Cattail Marsh (Image not informed.) :
, , 64

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Lazarus Rex

PostSubject: Re: Birbs and Foxes   Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:41 am

Acro had gotten a bit worried about Sova, and was actually preparing to lift into the air and snatch it from the sky, but the Jolteon had reacted faster, thanks to not being hindered by the most useless ability in all of pokemon kind. The archeops settled down once more as the inkay was shown to be knocked out and in Keith's grasp. Well, that was easy. He grabbed his badge and waited for Keith to leave the target, unable to get near the inkay safely without being electrocuted just like the psychic type.

The honchkrow meanwhile, was too slow to react to anything in time, not having any real training or any ability to really do anything effective aside from pecking at things until they fell over. Well, he could take them into the air and drop them from great heights, but the water below was probably enough to break any falls. He instead only remained in the air, flapping his wings fiercely to stay up there.

Acro: 24
Lazarus Rex carried out 10 launched of one Cattail Marsh (Image not informed.) :
, 64 , , , , , , , ,
Linus: 9
Lazarus Rex carried out 9 launched of one Cattail Marsh (Image not informed.) :
, , , , , , , ,
Shinka: 7
Lazarus Rex carried out 7 launched of one Cattail Marsh (Image not informed.) :
, , , , , ,

Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Birbs and Foxes   Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:33 am

As if on cue with Keith actually doing something useful, the rain stopped.  Finally, the rain stopped.  He tossed the little squid thing onto the icy path, a few sparks coming off it as the electrical charge left its body.  "Thanks!", he replied to the glaceon with an absolutely thrilled smile.  If he had more of a tail, it would have been wagging a bit.

Sova nodded his head to the jolteon, taking his badge off his bag and moving to tap the inkay, before remembering it wasn't his outlaw.  "Oh, right, this one's yours.  Which one of you wants to take it?", he questioned as he looked to Acro, then Linus.
Then he noticed a small bag next to the inkay, gripped in one of its tentacles.  He figured it must have been the items the it'd stolen.

The whishcash just kind of sat there in the water.  He didn't really have anything to contribute to the conversation, simply glad that the goomy wasn't harmed.

(Sova - 7 energy)
(Keith - RIP)

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Lazarus Rex

PostSubject: Re: Birbs and Foxes   Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:57 am

Acro moved for the Inkay, touching the Inkay with his badge and sending it back to Ailreon to be apprehended. The explorer nodded at the glaceon, "Thanks," he spoke, before falling silent once more. He looked to the goomy, who seemed to be stuck in the bag, he rolled his eyes, but before he could do much a strange melody caught his attention.

Linus was hovering above the group, lowering himself ever so slowly to a branch that had a wide distance from the group, but was still rather close. He looked to the group, and was about to say something, but something caught his attention. A strange music had caught his attention. He blinked and looked in its direction, wondering what it was.

Shinka gave a disheartened whine as the darkness of the bag seemed to be all around him. He began to sniffle, sad to see that his family was nowhere to be seen. He had tuned out the glaceon on accident, too busy being horrified with the place known as Bagland. He just couldn't take it, he wanted out, but there was no visible way out! What to do...

Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Birbs and Foxes   Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:47 am

Sova's ears perked as he heard.... something. It was an interesting melody, music. The first thought that crossed his mind was that if there was music, what ever was making it likely wasn't hostile. Or at least, not very. Perhaps they could ask for help finding the goomy's parents. Plus, music generally meant fun. "Well, I think I hear our next destination calling.", he stated as he turned and began to walk along his path. Then he remembered the goomy and stopped, opening his bag and looking in to make sure it was still there.

Keith hadn't really noticed any noise until all of the others seemed to notice it. Despite having big ears, he was too focus on the fact that he'd done something useful to notice. His fur's constant sparking was also a bit distracting to him, despite probably not being very noticeable to the others most of the time. The static noise was literally coming from him, so of course it was louder from his perspective.

Once the mention of some noise came up, however, he focused on listening to their surroundings. Sure enough, there was something in the distance. He pulled himself onto the ice just as the glaceon got moving again, follow along behind and being careful not to get too close. He didn't want to shock anyone, especially not the guy he was trying to impress.

Sova tried to keep at a fast pace while still being slow enough to ensure a thick enough sheet of ice would form for his jolteon friend to not break through on. He wasn't really worried about anyone else, since they were all either birds, fish or a bag hitchhiker. He soon found that the source of the sound was a traveling group of pokemon, at least from what he could tell. There were quite a lot there, spread out enough to not look like some single file line, but not so much that he couldn't tell they were together. They seemed like they were going somewhere.

Upon closer inspection, it was clear this was quite a diverse group. Either it was some abnormally large and diverse gang or a party of some sort, these were the only explanations he could think of. There were a few glowing lights flying through the air above the group, some illumise and volbeat. They seemed to be acting as a form of entertainment. There was also what he identified to be a masquerain, flying higher than most of the others, apparently to get a better look at the lightshow. There were one.... two.... three.... four poliwhirl. There sure were a lot of poliwhirl in this place.

There were also two whiscash, who seemed to know the whiscash who had tagged along with the much smaller group, as he immediately bailed on them to go chat with his apparent friends.

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Lazarus Rex

PostSubject: Re: Birbs and Foxes   Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:08 am

Tagging along with the party were 2 Greninja and 2 goomy. Some surskit skittered along the surfact near the group, apparently racing, while 2 frogadier seemed to be playing leap-frog. A lotad floated along leisurely with a froakie ontop, and a poliwag jumped out of the water with joy.

Acro blinked, looking onward at the group, one of the goomy seemed to notice them. They looked to each other, and then neared the group eagerly.

"Hiya!" one of them spoke.
"Can he play with us?" they spoke, on of their antlers pointing towards the goomy in the Glaceon's bag.

"Sure," Linus swooped down and spoke, eager to get rid of the dead weight. These pokemon were obviously not wild in the ways of ferality, maybe some wild party-goers, but definitely nothing violent.

He earned a sharp look from Acro, but the goomys jumped up and down happily, "Yay! Yay! What's his name?"

"Uh..." Acro spoke, looking to the goomy as he moved towards the glaceon and picked the goomy from the bag. He was a bit against leaving the goomy here, but then again it had the wiscash here, so surely it was safe.

"Shinka" Linus blurted out, naming the title of some legend that had popped into his head he had heard from his mother.

"Shinka! Shinka!" the two goomy bounced up and down with joy as Shinka was placed near the other two goomy.

Shinka blinked, wondering just what was going on. Where was Mammy going? Who were these pokemon? However, the others seemed to be leaving, he heard Mammy say they would be back. Reassured with this knowledge, he looked to the two new pokemon that looked just like him. He waddled away with the pokemon, going off to play at the strange party.

After the encounter, the group moved onward, leaving Shinka at the party under the care of the wiscash to pick him up on their way back. They moved onward, until at last they reached the Misty Mire.

(mission rush ftw)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Birbs and Foxes   

Back to top Go down

Birbs and Foxes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9