Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!
Check out the Staff Recruitment thread if you are interested in becoming a staff member!

Want to keep up to date with site happenings? Here's the June News Thread!

Share | 

Third Age

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jax

Poké : 2520

PostSubject: Third Age   Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:56 am

First topic message reminder :

A crescent moon hung high in the night sky, washing the land in pale light. Crickets chirped softly in the tall grass of the hills. A soft breeze rolled through the grass and it seemed as if the stalks would dance. The stars twinkled above the heavens, watching the world. Below, a shadow moved through the grass. It stopped, stooped low and sniffed at the dirt. They were close.

The Ranger had been tracking the strangers for three days and nights. She had found their tracks on the heaths of the edge of Beorem. The tracks seemed strange to her eyes, pressing so heavily into the dirt. Something heavy had made them. Men in armor. A small band by her count. The boots did not seem of local make, however. They were stiff and sharp, not smooth like the any metalwork of Beorem.

Concerned, she had followed. One the first night, she passed into Falroth land. On the second she spied the band, still far off, headed into the hills. They hoped to find concealment there, no doubt. Now she had them her ears twitched beneath her green hood. They slept. One man kept watch.

From the sheath upon her chest, the woman drew a wicked looking knife and stalked towards the camp. Not long after the watchman's throat had been slit, all but one of his fellows followed.

She awoke him, pressing her boot against his neck. He coughed.

"How strange," she said, "that I should find men traveling like thieves in the night. Speak quickly, lest you join the rest of your group. What business do strangers of Beorem have in Falroth?"

Through coughs and gasps, the man said, "We are but simple merchants."

The ranger pressed down harder. She could see the man's face turn blue. "I hear lies. I suggest you speak the truth. You have precious little time until you sleep."

The man tapped her boot and she eased her foot from her neck. The man then spit upon her. With a grimace, the woman pressed her heel down once more.

"You choose poorly." And with that, she hacked his head clean from the neck.

Upon searching the men's encampment further, the woman found something she did not expect. Something that chilled her in the warm Spring night.

Wasting no time, the Ranger collected what she needed and departed, heading east.

-----

The streets of the city of Falroth hustled and bustled in the mid-day sun. From the crowds, the Ranger approached the doors of the Merchant Guild. Slung over her shoulder was a burlap sack.

Guards blocked her entrance. She threw back her hood, revealing the ears of a wolf and proud eyes.

"A Ranger of the Eiarthden requests immediate council with the leaders of Falroth. I come bearing urgent news."

Official Dudeist Priest of the PMD. Also PMD's resident Doomsayer of Sithrak the Blind Gibberer.

"If you understand, things are just as they are; if you do not understand, things are just as they are." - Zen proverb
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Jax

PostSubject: Re: Third Age   Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:19 am

Mira did not speak right away. Instead, she sat there for a moment puffing on her pipe.

"Of course, I'll bring news in the morning... It's too dark for the horses to ride tonight."

Another long draw from the pipe. This one she blew into the air and watched the plume of smoke drift into the stars.

"To say this runs in my family would not be inaccurate. It's almost all I've ever known. Almost.

"I was an orphan. I have brief flashes of memories about my parents. Very particular smells usher forth the stronger ones. My mother always smelled of desert flowers. My father, dirt on his hands. They were not unkind, but sensible and serious.

"We used to live in the deserts far to the east. I remember the dunes. My sister and I going out to stare sit on top of some ridge and watch the sand glint in the sun. But, there was a conflict. I don't remember what. I do remember the fear in my parents eyes, then we had left. I remember a caravan. Not all of us made it.

"When we reached Urasis, my parents left me. Maybe they didn't have enough money to keep me. I was the oldest. I'm sure they thought I would be the most likely to fend for myself.

"Tabion found me a few days later. I'd almost starved. He saved me. He took me in and raised me as his own. He was a Ranger and so it was natural that I should follow in his footsteps.

"He was a kind and gentle man. Compassionate, but stern when he needed to be. He taught me almost everything I know."

A smile surprised her. She breathed in deeply through her nose. The smell of the smoke reminded her of him.

Remembering what she was doing, she grabbed a small portion of bacon for the elf to cook. She would be grateful for the cooked meat. She then leaned in slightly, a glimmer of excitement and interest in her eyes.

"Tell me, what is 'Leo'? And what does it have to do with your magic? You talk of my role in life as if it is special, but it truly must be interesting to be blessed with such gifts. i have met precious few mages in my time."

Then, her eyes widened and she spoke in a slightly hushed tone, like a child talking about some secret.

"Is it true that some of you can fly...?"

Official Dudeist Priest of the PMD. Also PMD's resident Doomsayer of Sithrak the Blind Gibberer.

"If you understand, things are just as they are; if you do not understand, things are just as they are." - Zen proverb
Back to top Go down
FoxFireAlchemist
Dark Ducklett Priestess

Poké : 4210

PostSubject: Re: Third Age   Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:39 am

Nin found herself sinking deep into the Fey's tale. She almost felt as if she were traveling with the Fey on a summary journey of everything that had happened to her, and a mix of empathy and exhaustion left her totally immersed in the Ranger's words. She could only imagine what that had been like for the woman, as the firstborn of a very well-off family. She smiled a bit, though, as the story sounded oddly familiar in vague ways...

"Mmm..... All I that I feel I can say to you is that I have deep respect for you coming this far. I can never know what that was like for you, but I think you handled it in the best way you could. ....In some strange ways, parts of your life story sound similar to mine..." Nin put the pan of bacon back over the fire. "Not incredibly similar, but there are similar themes."

Mira leaned in, and for a moment Nin had an odd rush of a familiar feeling of butterflies. It passed quickly, but it served to wake her right up. Then Mira asked her about her magic, and Nin couldn't help but giggle. "Oh, the things I could tell you. The things that nearly had me stripped of all my credibility," she laughed, placing a hand to her forehead. "Oi. Well, the easiest place to start is the sky. The sky is Leo's domain," Nin began explaining, pointing her finger a over the horizon. "Leo is a constellation; a formation of stars that creates a symbol. It is a part of a particular house of constellations that reflect earthly elements, sepparated into four categories: Earth, Wind, Fire, Air. Leo is a fire sign; and it is in the shape of a lion." Nin traced out the lion with her finger. "There, if you look closely you can see his most distinguished form. There are twelve zodiacs in all; three for each element. Leo is one of my favorites; and is a trusted ally. It's not my native house, though," Nin continued to explain. "...It's alright if you're not following this. It's not an easy thing to describe or comprehend through words. By 'Native house,' I mean the sign I was born under. Each sign is aligned with our earth, and is thereby strongest, during a different month. What month you're born in determines who's house you are apart of. People in similar houses exhibit similar personalities and strengths, although it doesn't necessarily delegate what element they are strongest in, as I have known many mages that master elements completely different from their ruling house." Nin paused. "That's... still a little confusing, isn't it.... Let me see. I'll give you an example. I was born on the second day of the fourth month, so I reside in the house of Aries. Aries, the hero, is a fire sign, so I share some basic traits with other fire signs like Leos and Sagittariuses, but I also have traits that are unique to Aries-born children. I do not specialize in fire magics, though; I am more accurately described as a 'jack-of-all-trades' Mage. Of course, no symbol in the sky can ever delegate who you are entirely... But it's nice to think that there's a family of like-minded people for you to share in." Nin sighed happily, her gaze shifting higher in the sky as she flipped the bacon once more. "You can actually see the Aries constellation quite high in the sky still; as he is currently in power still. My birthday was not so long ago, in fact. Of course, my studies are not limited to the stars near us, or even the stars themselves... I actually have a rather reputation, which has me known in many places as the 'Quantum Mage,' as I was so bold as to break through what is known as the 'Quantum Wall..., however that is a very lengthy and involved discussion. Not many have the stomach for it," Nin chuckled as she served Mira her bacon. "Oh, and yes. I've seen many a mage fly, and the privalage is not restricted to wind mages alone. Many mages have made gravity itself their element..."

She looked at Mira for a moment as she placed her rations in the pan.

"Has anyone ever told you what house you were born in? Do you remember in which month you were born?" The high elf asked curiously.

Å͙͍̳̣͙͕̎b̵͉͔̺̱͍̹̼̋̈a̧̯̱͓̝̰n̟̖̈́ͯd̡̫͇̤̙̹̻̈õ̶͙̆́ͨ̀̃ͥn̟̖̪͍̤̋ͅ ̜̦̠̔̾á̛͖͎̥͎̭͑̽ļ̭͎͙͕̗̽ͯ̅l̩ ̢͖̲͎̤̲ͤͭ̈͛̑̃ḧͩͦ̆ͣ͏̤̭̱̳̮o̫̦̱͇͂ͨp̴̱eͥ̐̍͛ͥ,͍͔̼̜̜͇ ̙͙͂ͪ̇ͭ̎͝y̴̬̒͌͑ͅe̹̟͍͓ ̥̈́͜w͈̝̞̦̘͖̯͗ͤ̊̿ͣ͒ḧ̨͂͊̅̆o̫̜̰ͣ̅̎̊̈̍́ ̴̠̺ͩ͆ͫͣͭͤ̓ͅe̡̳̩̟͓ñ̥̥̹̜t͔̩̜̃ͦ̋ͣė͙̳̯̣̼̈́ͅr̿̓́ ̈͑҉̫̘̠̱͎̰T͈͊ͫͫͦ̕H̸̳E̟͕̠ͭͪ̿ ̲͇̬̘͚̖̫̾̀R͎͙͖̣͉̔͞A̹̘̭̗̱I͖̙͓͉̳͙̬̊̿̂͒̇̔̚N̫͇ͣ͌̓ͣB̍̐O̟͎͆ͦ͜W̭̭̥̖͇̦̄̈͒ͧͤ̍̀ ͎̯̑S̙͍͎̩ͯͥT̰̪̥̟̗ͤ̑ͭ̍͗I̺̠͓̗͉̬̣ͨͤ̋̒̒͂͗͞C̙̘͉̭̜̲̐ͨ̈K̠͍͓ͭ͌͐ͪ͗ͣ

Spoiler:

Sprite by Sova and BlueKat
Back to top Go down
Jax

PostSubject: Re: Third Age   Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:28 am

Mira visibly struggled to keep up with what the mage was telling her. Most of the terminology was foreign to her, and she couldn't connect the dots quite as well as she would have liked. Still, all of it was incredibly fascinating.

She looked to the sky and puffed once more. "I've always found the stars incredibly comforting. Friendly eyes watching from the heavens, guiding us, guarding us. I've always been able to find my way by them, but I never knew they had names, or "houses".

"Well, we never celebrated many birthdays, but I know I was born early in the first month of the year. What does that mean?"

She looked down at her pipe in thought and realized how rude she had been.

"I'm sorry, do you smoke? Would you like a draw?"

Back to top Go down
FoxFireAlchemist
Dark Ducklett Priestess

Poké : 4210

PostSubject: Re: Third Age   Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:56 am

The first month, hmm? Nin smiled as she looked upon the Fey. "Well, that does make sense, even from what little I've come to observe from you. The beginning of the first month is the peak of the house of Capricorn, the old goat. He's typically depicted with the tail of a great fish, though his element of earth." Nin paused as Mira offered her the pipe. She mulled the Ranger's offer over a bit. "Well... I'll be honest, I don't oft come across the chance to smoke. A friend of mine from way back when made sure of that during my school days, but you can't expect much else from a medic Mage. Ever since then I've been mostly holed up..." Nin paused, an energetic sparkle alight within her eye, "...however, if you're offering.... Ahhh, stow it; let's give it a try!"

Nin accepted the pipe and only intended to take a small draw; attempting to mimic Mira. It was at the very moment smoke started to fill her lungs that the elf realized her mistake. Her lungs immediatly regected the foreign substance. Nin hurriedly handed the pipe back so that she wouldn't drop or damage it as she began choking. Smoke came pooring out of her mouth and even out of her nose. The episode was so incredibly absurd that Nin herself began to laugh as she coughed, making her look even more ridiculous.

"Cri-*hack*-miney.... *cough*Blo-*cough*ody hell!!!" Nin laughed as she covered her mouth with her hand, attempting to futilely hide behind whatever dignity she had left. Small tendrils of smoke slipped out between her fingers. "Baaaahhhh... Well, now why I see why this is a hobby favored by the wise. It- errhurrrm- It really takes an experienced lung to enjoy it!"

Å͙͍̳̣͙͕̎b̵͉͔̺̱͍̹̼̋̈a̧̯̱͓̝̰n̟̖̈́ͯd̡̫͇̤̙̹̻̈õ̶͙̆́ͨ̀̃ͥn̟̖̪͍̤̋ͅ ̜̦̠̔̾á̛͖͎̥͎̭͑̽ļ̭͎͙͕̗̽ͯ̅l̩ ̢͖̲͎̤̲ͤͭ̈͛̑̃ḧͩͦ̆ͣ͏̤̭̱̳̮o̫̦̱͇͂ͨp̴̱eͥ̐̍͛ͥ,͍͔̼̜̜͇ ̙͙͂ͪ̇ͭ̎͝y̴̬̒͌͑ͅe̹̟͍͓ ̥̈́͜w͈̝̞̦̘͖̯͗ͤ̊̿ͣ͒ḧ̨͂͊̅̆o̫̜̰ͣ̅̎̊̈̍́ ̴̠̺ͩ͆ͫͣͭͤ̓ͅe̡̳̩̟͓ñ̥̥̹̜t͔̩̜̃ͦ̋ͣė͙̳̯̣̼̈́ͅr̿̓́ ̈͑҉̫̘̠̱͎̰T͈͊ͫͫͦ̕H̸̳E̟͕̠ͭͪ̿ ̲͇̬̘͚̖̫̾̀R͎͙͖̣͉̔͞A̹̘̭̗̱I͖̙͓͉̳͙̬̊̿̂͒̇̔̚N̫͇ͣ͌̓ͣB̍̐O̟͎͆ͦ͜W̭̭̥̖͇̦̄̈͒ͧͤ̍̀ ͎̯̑S̙͍͎̩ͯͥT̰̪̥̟̗ͤ̑ͭ̍͗I̺̠͓̗͉̬̣ͨͤ̋̒̒͂͗͞C̙̘͉̭̜̲̐ͨ̈K̠͍͓ͭ͌͐ͪ͗ͣ

Spoiler:

Sprite by Sova and BlueKat
Back to top Go down
Jax

PostSubject: Re: Third Age   Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:37 am

Mira stifled a laugh as the mage choked on the smoke. Beneath her cloak, he tail wagged just a little bit. She hadn't seen someone react that terribly to a smoke for quite a while. It reminded her of when she was young, though she hadn't come quite so close to losing a lung back then.

"Experienced tongue, more like. Breathing it in all the way will have you hacking all night. Simply hold it in your mouth and enjoy the taste. Puff it in your cheek if you have to."

She gestured encouragingly. "Go ahead and give it another puff, if you like. I have plenty."

She ripped into her bacon with sharp canines and chewed her eyes drifting off in the fire. The smoky taste of the bacon and the taste of the pipe smoke mixed nicely. This was the most relaxing night she's had for some time. Most times her version of a camp was either a ground cloth and a blanket or sleeping in a tree. This, by comparison, was quite the treat.

Still fixed on the fire, she asked "If your ally is Leo, then who is mine? How can he and Capricorn help me?" She looked back over at Nin.

"For a Mage such as yourself, I'm sure it is helpful in many ways, but how can I utilize this? What does any of it mean for me. And for you? You said that these houses have similar characteristics, what does that say about you and I?"

The was a glint in her eye and she laughed.

"It's not as if I could learn to do what you do."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Third Age   

Back to top Go down

Third Age
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: Out of Character :: Free Chat :: Free Roleplay-
Jump to: