Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!
Check out the Staff Recruitment thread if you are interested in becoming a staff member!

Summer Harvest Event

Want to keep up to date with site happenings? Here's the June News Thread!

Share | 

Leaf me alone!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Savato

Poké : 380

PostSubject: Leaf me alone!   Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

Here he was again. William had no idea what it was but something about this new area had caught his attention and refused to let go. In any case - once more the Gengar was wandering in the sea of orange, yellow and red that was the Fallen Leaf Copse.
There really wasn't much of interest here, but the place had this feeling of power to it. Could other Pokémon sense it too? No, the Gengar believed for it to be best not to ask just in case he had stumbled on something important here. It probably was nothing and he was wasting his time, but he would be wasting his time anyway, so there really wasn't much of a reason not to waste it here.
And thusly William wandered on, looking at the ground, the treetops and anywhere else something of interest could be hidden.

AuthorMessage
Savato

PostSubject: Re: Leaf me alone!   Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:33 pm

A riddle? Now things were getting interesting. But a riddle would most likely require a lot of knowledge. Knowledge the Gengar did not have considering that he had spent a long, long time alone in a forest. Then again he was one of the few Pokémon actually old enough to be alive still from that long, long time ago. So this could either be help- or harmful in getting to solve that riddle. But what would one get for solving it? Whatever it was - if the shrine was old then it had most likely rotted away to dust already. And if it was not, then William almost certainly lacked the knowledge to solve whatever riddle it was supposed to give.
"So, do you have any knowledge about this riddle?", he eventually asked.

Savato carried out 5 launched of one Fallen Leaf Copse (Image not informed.) :
, , , ,

Poké : 1120

PostSubject: Re: Leaf me alone!   Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:41 pm

"Nope." Serena shook her head. "All I know is it's a bunch of mysterious writing written in ancient language." She said. The riddle's info hadn't really got to her yet. Hopefully she'd find out more eventually, and then it would be easier next time. 'Oh, well. That'll be for another time.' The Snivy told herself.

Back to top Go down
Savato

PostSubject: Re: Leaf me alone!   Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:53 pm

"Ancient language?", the Gengar wondered out loud.
"Well, that could be easy then considering a bit of luck. I may not look it, but I am probably older than most of the trees in the area.", he grinned.
Finally having been around for so long might actually turn out to be useful for something.
Now the Gengar was intrigued. It might be up to him to solve this riddle and reward or not, that would be an interesting discovery for certain. What kind of civilisation had built a shrine in the middle of nowhere in the first place? And for what purpose? It was unlikely that it was only made for the purpose of telling riddles to future visitors. Then however out of the corner of his eye, the Ghost type noticed something. This something was getting closer and closer until suddenly it seemed to pounce straight at him!
Luckily for William however his Ghost type protected him from the Teddiursa's assault, causing for it to pass right through his body.
"I think we have more physical challenges to take care of first though."

(E=46-1+1=46) I love my Stamina Ribbon.

PostSubject: Re: Leaf me alone!   Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:11 pm

Serena nodded. "You bet we do." She charged after the Teddurisa, who was momentarily confused. Whacking it with a Vine Whip, it turned and frowned at her. It started to charge her instead, and Serena side-stepped before it hit her. She may not be a ghost type, but she was still speedy and quick all the same.

Back to top Go down
Savato

PostSubject: Re: Leaf me alone!   Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:15 pm

William could not suppress a smirk. This Pokémon was one of the more agile ones he had met thus far. And she didn't seem to be as mindlessly reckless as most of William's other recent acquaintances.
And considering her knowledge about this shrine and the ancient language she wasn't completely braindead either. A pleasant change from what the Gengar had grown accustomed to.
But to focus our attention back towards the battle, seeing the Teddiursa charge the Snivy, William prepared another Focus Blast, launching the Fighting type attack at his foe. Hopefully it would hit, considering the move's comparatively low accuracy.

PostSubject: Re: Leaf me alone!   Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:29 pm

Sure enough, the move did hit the Teddurisa. This was after Serena got out of the way, of course. 'That's impressive. I have that same TM....' The Snivy remembered. That was fascinating... William had the move from a TM she had. Maybe he had had the same TM and received it from a dungeon or something. "That was impressive," Serena told him as a complement.

Back to top Go down
Savato

PostSubject: Re: Leaf me alone!   Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:37 pm

"You do? Interesting. I learned this move from a TM myself. Had to give up Dark Pulse for it, but since most things weak against the Dark type are weak against the Ghost type too it didn't really matter. Fighting allows for much better type coverage, especially against Dark and Normal types.", the Gengar explained.
Indeed his moveset was rather versatile and able to deal at least moderate amounts of damage to almost any type combination there was. Only the Fairy type was a bit problematic for him. But considering how rare Fairies were that was not too much of a problem, even less if one were to consider William's secondary Poison type.
"I'm still wondering how these TM things work. And who is making them anyway? I doubt such a complex contraption would be lying around in the open just because nature formed it. Maybe the civilisation that left this shrine is the same that has created TMs. And maybe the writing on that shrine explains how one can do it oneself. It's a theory at least."

PostSubject: Re: Leaf me alone!   Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:55 pm

"Maybe...." Serena said. This was one of those moments when she drifted into her train of thoughts. Was William's theory true? Would that be what the message was? She would never know until they got there. It would be a while to get there, but it would happen. Grinning, the Snivy came back to the present. "Let's get going. If we keep going we'll get there sooner." Serena said.

Back to top Go down
Savato

PostSubject: Re: Leaf me alone!   Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:01 pm

"I just hope it's some language I can speak.", the Gengar commented.
"But you're right. Let's keep on going. I'm just surprised that I've never seen nor heard of this shrine before."
Indeed it was surprising. What was the purpose of the riddle on the shrine anyway? If it had any important meaning, then the civilisation that had created it should know that eventually their language would end up forgotten and the writings withered. So why had they chosen to write a message like this? And out in the open even? William didn't know whether this made their message more urgent or just the civilisation that had left it less intelligent. Maybe it was all just a prank?

PostSubject: Re: Leaf me alone!   Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:09 pm

Serena nodded. "Yeah... I don't exactly want to be dealing with a riddle I can't solve." She said as they walked. Hopefully they could both solve it together instead of it being the most confusing puzzle one had ever created or seen. 'Well, if we solve it, the good news is we'll be able to explore the shrine.' The Snivy thought hopefully.

Back to top Go down
Savato

PostSubject: Re: Leaf me alone!   Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:16 pm

"Yeah, and if we don't then at least we had the chance to do some sightseeing. Or we could write down the riddle and then go visit a library of some sort. I doubt there'll be much known about this civilisation, but there is a chance."
It was certainly an exciting prospect. It didn't happen often for William to obtain knowledge of such a monumental...uh...monument. And this one's mysteries hadn't even been solved yet! So maybe he could become a world-famous explorer with this! Then the world would know that he meant no harm!
Hopefully he would really know the solution to this mystery. Hopefully he woud be able to read it even.

Poké : 1080

PostSubject: Re: Leaf me alone!   Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:40 pm

Sosio flew back to the familiar dungeon. Her favorite dungeon ever: the one she discovered. During her journey, she had a taste of what the Icy Lands were like, and even with her newly-acquired Fire typing, it was rough there. Now she was back at Fallen Leaf Copse, which she officially decided to be her home. Although she had not set up her living quarters there, she came back to do so and get used to the way things were there.

As she arrived, the Fletchinder breathed in the crisp, nice autumn air, much nicer and warmer than winter's frigid air. She looked down, smiling upon the stepping stones as she flew great heights over them. At times of injury, she had to cross those stones several times, but now she could fly again, like never before. She expected Pokemon to be there, enough, so she was prepared for both battling and making friends.

E=31-11(entry)=20

Back to top Go down
MoonDust

PostSubject: Re: Leaf me alone!   Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:48 pm

Serena followed William with a new and excited air to her. Now there was a skip in her step instead of just simply walking. The Snivy felt more energized. Then, all of sudden, the grass type looked up. There, above them, was a Fletchinder. 'What on earth is a Fletchinder doing here?' Serena thought in confusion. "Hey, uh..... William?" She said, tugging the edge of William's hood. "Who is that?" The Snivy pointed upward.

Back to top Go down
Savato

PostSubject: Re: Leaf me alone!   Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:06 pm

Seeing the Flying type up ahead William found himself reminded of...someone. He couldn't quite put his finger on it however, especially since he was sure never to have met a Fletchinder before. And yet this one seemed to be oddly famililar. Just who was this?
"I don't know. I get the feeling I've seen them somewhere before, but I have no idea where. It's strange, really. In any case I'm sure it's not too important. Let's just keep going I guess."
Right now the duo had more important things to take care of. As long as the other Pokémon would not attack them, there was no need to pay any attention to it.

Poké : 1080

PostSubject: Re: Leaf me alone!   Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:24 pm

Sosio circled the island and spiraled down at the entrance, not noticing the Pokemon and her past acquaintance within. She swooped neatly through the entrance, her pink ribbon trailing behind. Her ribbon was not only cute, but allowed her to level up quickly, and therefore achieve evolution. Evolution was a great thing, and made Sosio feel like a new bird.

She hovered and looked about, deciding where to go, when she saw movement distantly ahead. Evolving gave her a hawk's vision, too. She sliced through the air, forward towards the two figures she spotted temporarily. If they were wild Pokemon, she could test out her newly-learned move on them. Everything was just so exciting!

E=20

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leaf me alone!   

Back to top Go down

Leaf me alone!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next