Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Super

Go down 
+2
Jax
Kat
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Jax

Jax

Poké : 2115

Super - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Super   Super - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 5:42 am

First topic message reminder :

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
FoxFireAlchemist
Moderator and Dark Ducklett Priestess
FoxFireAlchemist

Poké : 5045

Super - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super   Super - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 4:53 pm

Yuliya's head snapped up as Shade spoke the fifth fact in his arsenal of obvious statements. "PAH!" she snorted loudly the moment he finished his little speech. She got back up on her feet once again and looked at Shade with a smirk in her young eyes. "Once again, you make funny joke!" she sneered sarcastically. "I may only be half your size, Mr. Shade, but tzat doesn't make tze bears I fought in Russia any less dead. Tze fact that you wvould even IMPLY tzat tzere is ewven a POSSIBILITY of me needing any remote form of protection from YOU is HILARIOUS, tzough it is borderline insulting," Yuliya scoffed, looking him dead in the face. "I may come off as hot-headed and brash, but I am being serious. I hawve enough experience to be confident in my own abilities, and I promise you I have taken care of myself long enough to be responsible for my own safety." She crossed her arms, satisfied that he would not make the mistake of patronizing her again.

Yuliya's attention was then drawn to the masked woman who had started talking. It would have seemed more in-character for Yuliya to make a similar comment in response to the girl's words, but Yu did no such thing. She looked at the girl thoughtfully; a very unorthodox reaction for the ornery deadpan snarker. The flamey lady struck Yuliya as somebody who had the capacity for great amounts of compassion and caring emotion, at least when confronted with the right people. Though the fourteen-year-old seemed like the type who would dismiss such emotions as weakness, she actually had a lot of respect for such people. Even if she felt like they often overreacted emotionally. Yu cracked a half-smile, in spite of herself.

"Tzank you for tze concern," Yuliya spoke, "but honestly, I'm past tze phase whvere I need to be nurtured and protected. I wvas forced to grow up quickly a long time ago." She sighed, her eyes closing softly. "I'm not so much a cartalige-spined child anymore, as much as I am a midget warrior witz a backbone of steel. Just try to think of me as an equal." She looked around the room. "In fact, tzat goes for everyone. I may be small, but I can handle things like adult. For tze most part."

Yuliya turned back to Shade, once again making direct eye contact. "I'll help you. I think tzere could be a lot to learn from helping others besides myself. Besides, it would be more productive," Yu agreed. "But don't dismiss me just because I am young. I hawve plenty of combat training; perhaps I can even teach you some tzings," she offered with a nonchalant shrug. Yuliya was begining to see this to be a faint opportunity to have hope. Perhaps this was her chance to redeem herself and return to her father a better person; the dream she had been holding onto since she had first left him. It had seemed distant and unobtainable, but now it was waiting for her to reach out to it and grab on.

She grabbed on.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Poké : 3220

Super - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super   Super - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 5:50 pm

Lots of hostility going on from the looks of it, especially from the girl who's hands were smoking. The blonde seemed to be trying to cool things down a bit, and the one called "Shade" seemed to be getting rather frustrated. Meanwhile he had merely been here, silent and desiring not to get snapped in half or even burnt to a crisp, a metal arm is not the best thing to have in the world in the heat. They all seemed to agree however, willing to put their lives on the line for the sake of the city, and possibly world depending on the severity of the situation.

The offer was to help, in return was housing, training, and the chance to at least die a hero if you don't live unless you did something stupid and flopped big time. He had to admit, he was probably going to be on the latter end of the dying scale.

He thought about it, reconsidering his previously decided option to leave and live. What did he even have to go back to? A trashy apartment? A shitty job? Not like anyone would miss him if he were to pass away, he had been so distant with his family they would probably hardly recognize him or even remember that he existed.

So hey.

Why not die trying to help rather than rotting away in an apartment or being suddenly killed on a petty crime interruption gone wrong?

Even if he managed to live through it all should the succeed, maybe there's some hope for him after all.

He looked to the group that he had kept a distance from, not quite sure if he should interrupt this small session of anger from the smoke-girl and the Russian girl.

"Yeah...I guess i'll help too," he finally spoke.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Poké : 9495

Super - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super   Super - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 6:39 pm

It seemed that attempting to calm the others down wasn't going to work. Shade and the one who looked like a human smoke signal half the time refused to be nice, meanwhile the little girl kept talking about topics that seemed....just a little bit inappropriate for someone so young. The only other person who seemed like they had any hope of being nice was the antisocial guy who was keeping his distance from everyone else.

Finn tried to keep in mind that the reason they were here was, supposedly, to help others. Not to get along. Even if he had no useful skills to contribute, clearly he had been mistaken for someone who did and Shade made a convincing argument that he could help train them. Perhaps the guy could even turn a powerless wannabe into a "hero". He could hope.

Of course, he'd already said he was willing to go along with this, but since everyone else was now agreeing unanimously to go with the masked man, he figured he should agree again, more clearly, just to be sure he had been understood.

"Everyone's getting along so well, how could I refuse?" He said sarcastically, hoping to make some of the others realize they would need to be nicer to each other if they wanted to get along.

"But I guess we'll have plenty of time to fix relationships, so that's not a big deal right now. I'm in." He spoke in a more serious tone, the sarcasm having left the building.

There was no way he would miss out on a chance to be a hero. Not for all the dysfunctional relationships in the world.
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

Poké : 6040

Super - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super   Super - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 2:34 pm

Sera sighed at the responses of the others that this... Shade character had brought here. She couldn't believe that they weren't as appalled as she was about this injustice, and even the girl herself seemed brainwashed to believe that she needed to act like an adult! She couldn't let this go on, but what was she to do when all of them seemed to want to throw in their fates with this Shade guy? She couldn't leave the girl all alone now that she knew of her plight.

"I've already said I'll join; three times the charm, right?" She stated dryly. Then she stopped talking. She wouldn't say another word; everything she had said so far had been practically ignored, so why bother? She crossed her arms over her chest and stared at Shade, resolved to just ride this one through. Maybe later she would have the chance to speak to the girl in person and try to convince her that Sera could help her and that she needn't follow this Shade for some measure of purpose or some other such nonsense that could possibly be going through the girl's head.
Back to top Go down
Jax

Jax

Super - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super   Super - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 2:43 am

They've all agreed. Good. Time to begin.

Without wasting a moment, I raise my fist in the air, giving the signal. I hear footsteps in the rafters. Quick movements. Sliding. A whoosh in the air above my head. Then, behind me, she materializes out of the shadows like a ghost. The rifle is still in her hands. The safety is off.

"Everyone. Meet my partner. This is Zen. While I'm gone, she will be in charge."

She raises her hand in the air, waving quickly.

"She'll be showing you to your quarters."

The door they all entered from unlocks, there is a buzz, and it swings open. The light from outside streams in.

"After you all. Except for you." I gesture to the cyborg. "I need your help to take a look over the safe house I found. You'll be coming with me. The rest of you follow Zen."

She leads them out the door.

I gesture for Nick to follow me. I show him to a back door. We exit, the hinges squealing as we step outside. I show him to my Lincoln. I unlock the doors and get inside. I open the door for him.

"Well? Getting in or not?"

-----------

They're all walking behind me and it's quiet. I don't really blame them. They don't know me, and I don't really know them. Sure, I know who they are, but I don't really know them. As we walk to the other warehouse, I consider striking up conversation. I need to build some sort of relationship with them. After all, we are going to be working together. We need to trust each other. That may be difficult for Shade, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

I open the door to Warehouse 22. It unlocks before I even get there. I've programmed the doors to respond to my bio-readings. It's easier then carrying a key-ring, at least.

We get inside and I shut the doors behind us. It's dark. I clap my hands and a few lights flicker on. A trapdoor opens in the floor. An elevator rises from the ground and the doors open. I gesture for them to go inside.

Once we're inside, I press a few buttons and the elevator starts to lower.

It will take a few minutes before we get to the lower levels.

I turn towards them.

"So... I'm Zen... Nice to meet you..."

I'm not so sure of what to say. A device scrambles my voice, modulating the frequency and pitch so that it doesn't sound anything like my regular voice. It's a little deep, and sounds mechanical.

"Sorry about the gun, by the way. Just a precaution."

Of course, I'm not letting go of it. I'm trying to be friendly, not stupid.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Super - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super   Super - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:39 am

Finn did as instructed and followed along, wondering why he'd been placed with the girls while the other boy had been placed with Shade. The girls kind of scared him anyways.... One of them had already shown to be quite dangerous and the other, although just a little girl, seemed to have more balls and a darker sense of humor than most adults. She likely had some very intimidating powers to back it up. The woman leading them had a gun, that was enough to be intimidating in its own right.

Why had Shade chosen the other guy to go with him anyways? Had he perhaps known Finn had no powers and thus considered him to be no use? Or maybe he just wanted the quiet guy with him, since he didn't seem very good at social interaction.... This super hero thing was suddenly beginning to seem much more lonely than he had originally hoped. The "team" hadn't made any effort to get to know each other at all....was this how it would always be?

Into another warehouse, then an elevator. Then finally, words. A sign it was time to talk. He figured it wasn't likely to be one of the two girls with him who would reply, at least not very willingly....so he took it upon himself, happy to finally have someone willing to speak.

"You can call me Lucky, but you probably already know that if what Shade said is true. I understand the gun....but is the voice thingy really necessary? Unless you're a robot, I'm guessing that's not your voice." He responded to Zen, not really considering that perhaps he was being overwhelming with too many words at once. If Zen was anything like Shade, she probably wouldn't appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Jax

Jax

Super - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super   Super - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:17 pm

(Zen)

The psychic responds first. "Lucky". I should have guessed. He had seemed eager to talk and make nice at the introduction.

"Yes, we do, "Lucky". Like he said, it's best to assume that we just know everything. We do our homework."

I shift on the balls of my feet. This is the slowest elevator on earth, I swear.

"As for my voice, it's not unwarranted at all. In this day and age, it's not enough to just hide your face anymore. If there is anything I've learned over the years, it's caution. One slip up and it's possible to get into a lot of trouble with the work we do, you know?"

"Sorry about Bogart, by the w- I mean Shade." I shake my head. They probably wouldn't get the joke. No need to confuse them with my nickname for him. "I'm sorry about Shade. His work doesn't afford him the opportunity to play nice very often, so he comes off as... Well, you saw. Still, his heart really is in the right place..."
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

Super - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super   Super - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 5:38 pm

Sera places a deep scowl on her face, determined not to respond to the hideous man. As he walks out of the building with one of the males, she turns to the woman who had appeared. Like Shade, she also wears an unassuming mask over her features, and Sera feels gaudy in her flamboyant mask, but she doesn't remove it; she'd rather be seen as uppity than be pitied for her scarred appearance.

Sera blinks at the deep, almost mechanical voice that comes from the woman, and assumes that she's using a device to hide her real voice -a good idea, why hadn't she thought of such a thing? No matter, even if she had thought of it, she likely couldn't afford one. Sera snorts softly at the mention of the gun being a 'precaution'. Like a gun would do anything to her once she got mad enough -the bullets would melt before they even hit her skin. Not that she looked forward to scraping the hardened metal off her body once she had calmed down; she'd learned the hard way it wasn't so easy to get off.

Sera stays quiet as the only male left in the group speaks up, and she rolls her eyes at his flippant attitude. She wants to strangle the man just to get him to shut up, but who knew what kind of powers he was hiding? If Shade had thought he was powerful enough to invite to this ...little get-together... he was obviously more than he appeared to be.

She stiffens at the woman's response to his questions, cursing her own inability to stay under the radar. How had these people found her, anyway? Now that she wasn't faced with the obvious threat of Shade's quiet confidence, she found herself wondering about the how's. She had to bite her lip to prevent herself from saying something at the woman's nickname for Shade -Boggart? As if she could be any less obvious. Boggart from olden or Boggart from Harry Potter -it meant the same thing: fear. She rolled her eyes.

Sera then wonders if she should introduce herself. Obviously the woman knows her but the other two do not, and if she wants to convince them to leave behind this foolishness, they have to be able to trust her, right? So she braces herself and begins to speak.

"As you may or may not already know, my name is Sera. S-E-R-A, not S-A-R-A-H, got it?" she stated simply, waiting for a response.
Back to top Go down
Jax

Jax

Super - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super   Super - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 9:17 pm

(Zen)

The Firecracker speaks up. She had such a lovely temper.

"I already knew. Dully noted though."

I look over my shoulder. I seriously can't get over her mask. The thing looks like she stole it from a Drag Show costume rack. For goodness sake, at least the Ensō on my face is minimalistic, having some semblance of form aside from the function.

"Nice to know you trust everyone so implicitly and unconditionally that you're already revealing your identity willy-billy, but I really hope this isn't how you normally operate. Frankly, it's not smart. At all.

"Just a tip."
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

Super - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super   Super - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 9:26 pm

Sera narrowed her eyes at the woman. "You two are the ones flaunting how you already know everything about every one of us; what is the point of secrecy when you could tell anyone you want at any time; for all I know my secret was blown far before this day; so don't you lecture me about 'secrecy' because obviously I wasn't secret enough in the first place if such mediocre jerks such as yourselves have me all figured out!" she spat, losing her temper, again. She really needed to get away from such hazardous people, that was certain. Three blow-ups in the course of a few hours; normally she had more control than this, but something about these two just rubbed her the wrong way!
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Super - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super   Super - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 9:41 pm

The man gave some kind of signal, and a woman reveals herself from the shadows and Shade introduces her as Zen. They both had masks on that were much simpler than then flaming girl's mask, unlike him who had lacked the ski mask and relied on the unreliable and inefficient hoodie, and also unlike the girl and the boy who had no mask at all. He probably would have felt a bit ridiculous if he hadn't been paying attention to what was being said.

The instruction was for all to follow Zen, all but him. He was singled out from the group, seleccted to help look over something with the apparent ring leader. Goodie.

He followed Shade of course, having no reason not to, and was lead to a car that seemed to have a rather old fashion taste to it, the words LINCOLN were printed just above some headlights to identify the car. Shade had even opened the door for him, how polite.

Nick still was not sure about this whole situation, they claimed to know everything about him, but what if it was a bluff? The shorter male entered the vehicle, the interior being clean and cared for, almost looked new. Usually people would leave things in their cars, and some kind of clue can be drawn about them, not this car.

He waited, keeping silent and resisting the urge to ask for evidence about their knowledge of him other than where he lived and his abilities. If he asked, the man might pull a gun on him or at worst suicide dive the car off a cliff or something, if he asked and they did know, then Nick figured ignorance might just be bliss in this kind of situaiton. He kept his hoody up, and kept silent. Waiting for either them to take off and arrive at their destination or for Shade to strike up a conversation himself.
Back to top Go down
Jax

Jax

Super - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super   Super - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 11:20 pm

She snaps back at me. I sigh.

"Ryooyaku kuchi ni nigashi... Do you know what that means? Roughly translated into English, it's something like, 'Advice most needed is always the least heeded.'

"I know you think you have your ego to protect here, your pride, but that's not needed. It may be best to check that at the door. The ego is troubling, and it will give you no help when you need it. It is selfish inherently and blinds us to good advice from good people who bear us no ill will. All in the pursuit of protecting ourselves, justifying our actions, and defending our habits.

"The ego fuels anger and anger is like a fire, consuming everything until it extinguishes even itself. Instead, be like water in a stream. Flowing, soothing, and cool to the touch."

I pause.

"Of course, not literally. Especially in your case."

---

(Shade)

He gets in. Good.

I turn over the engine and it revs to life. I shift the car into gear and we're off.

It doesn't take long to leave the warehouse district. Soon we're on the main streets. Traffic. Slow. This could take awhile.

I watch the people pass by. Don't worry about them seeing us. The windows are heavily tinted. I wonder about their days. What do they think? What are their worries? Hopes and dreams?

I shiver. It's still cold outside and the heater is junk. I can see my breath. Look at my watch. Late. It'll be dark soon. Good.

I look out the windshield, tapping on the steering wheel as I wait for a light to turn green.

"Not much of a talker, are you?"

Someone has to start the conversation. Going to be working together. Have to communicate.

"You can take off the hood, by the way. It's not working to cover your face. Brims work better. Ball caps. Fedoras." Touch my hat's brim.

"Maybe some glasses or googles if you don't like masks."

I press on the accelerator and we inch forward.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Super - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super   Super - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 12:19 am

Finn would have liked to continue his conversation with this Zen, get to know SOMEONE here a little bit, but it seemed someone else had a different idea of where to take the conversation. As it seemed the conversation was getting a bit too heated for him, he considered trying to calm them down. But that didn't work well last time. If he wanted to try being the mediator again, he'd have to be very careful what he said.... Especially since it was likely that anyone standing in the elevator with him could kill him quickly. Though that was also more reason to keep them calm.

"My name's Finn, though I'm guessing Zen already knows this. There, now if you've made a mistake in giving out your name, you're not the only one who has, Sera. And you're not the only one she gets to lecture for it." He spoke directly after Zen in an attempt to halt the conversation for a moment.

"So try to relax so we can get to know each other. And can you not antagonize her, Zen? Please?"
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

Super - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super   Super - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 12:24 am

Sera has to roll her eyes at the boy's attempt to be friendly. She eyes this 'Finn' and wonders how he is so friendly. If he has powers like she does, surely he's had the brunt, awful end of their 'gifts' as well, so how does he act like he has no care in the world?

"You... want us to get to know each other?" she asks quietly of him. "I must wonder why you think that is a good idea, especially since ...Zen," she lingers on the odd name for a second before continuing, "... has already pointed out that we should hide our identities. Surely if we knew more about each other it is easier to figure one another out?" She doesn't ask her true question -how can he stand to be so friendly all the time- but she supposes its better than nothing.
Back to top Go down
Kat

Kat

Super - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super   Super - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 12:29 am

The car chugs to life, and they get moving. It takes until they get to a stop light before Shade speaks to him, commenting on his hood and questioning his silence.

Nick glanced at the tinted windows and drew back his hood, deciding that if this guy was bluffing it would be stupid to think he didn't know what he looked like. That and the guy was absolutely right at the hood being a horrid method of concealing identities.

"Not really, usually don't talk to people at all," Nick spoke to the talker comment, keeping his eyes on the outside and on the look out for...well, nothing in particular just for the sake of looking at something pretty much.

"Used to have a mask, but it got lost in the wash," he responded, the day before the apartment had its laundry day where everyone did their laundry on that day due to the apartment only allowing residents to do so on that day because of electricity costs. The place had been so busy that he lost a load of laundry, now there was someone in the hotel that had his clothes, and from what he could tell due to lack of return, they weren't too quick on giving it back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Super - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super   Super - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super
Page 2 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next