Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

New Happenings

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Lumin

Lumin

Poké : 6581

New Happenings - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 3:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

Cracker awoke to the chirping of nearby Pokemon nesting in the hollowed tree he called home. Some sort of flying-type Pokemon. Pidgeys, or maybe Pidove. Whatever the case they were harmless these days. It had taken a while for the wilder inhabitants of this forest to accept his presence, but he was finally on good enough terms to coexist with them. Of course there were still the occasional scuffles, usually regarding those he'd pranked previously; somewhere out there that flock of Pidove and Tranquill still had it out for him too, so he had to keep his head down near the border of Pecha and Shadowhue.

Sitting up, the Aipom yawned and stretched his arms before worming out of his bedding made of leaves and grass. He'd been used his Golden Ribbon as a makeshift blanket, which he promptly and very carefully folded up to put away. Quickly stuffing it into his new backpack, made of fabric instead of the cruddy old bits of plant matter that had since fallen to pieces, he shouldered the burden and sprung into the air, hoisting himself up to the closest hole in the large, old, hollow tree he'd taken up residence in. Poking his head outside, he climbed out onto a branch extending from the hole and took a long, deep breath of the forest's fresh air.

With a content sigh, the purple monkey let out one more yawn, shook himself awake and took off into the forest. He didn't really know where he was going, or what he was looking for. Really he just wanted to get away from his house for a while, maybe explore more of this vast forest. Possibly even meet new Pokemon. Actually, meeting a new face would be just the thing to brighten this already sunny day. As he swung through the trees, the Aipom sung a joyful tune. Unfortunately it was completely off key and painful to the ears; he was a terrible singer, but that never stopped him.

((Energy: 23))
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Lumin

Lumin

PostSubject: Re: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 1:08 am

Seeing the Eevee's motivation restored made Cracker bounce with joy. He feared for a moment she might've been lost to any sort of persuasion. Glad that he was wrong, the Aipom eagerly followed behind her, keeping the ribbon full of slugs close to his chest. She was surprisingly fast on her short legs. By the time they'd backtracked even halfway to the fork in the tunnels, the monkey had taken to bouncing along on his tail to propel himself faster.

As they covered a surprising distance, the faint, echoing sounds of laughter began to reach their ears. It had to be that conniving Aipom, cackling over having messed with them so thoroughly, but it was far away and bouncing off the cavern walls. Cracker couldn't determine where it was coming from. He came to a stop just as the water began to grow louder again, sounding more like the large stream they had been following before.

"Which way?" he called. "I can hardly see a thing!" He'd produced the couple slugs from the sack and held them up to try and light the way, but this area was too big to see the ceiling or walls opposite of where they now stood.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Poké : 9495

PostSubject: Re: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 6:14 am

Sky hesitated to reply as she slowed to a stop. Logically, since they'd already explored the side of the body of water that they were on, the other path would be on the OTHER side....meaning they'd have to.... She gulped at the thought of it. "I-it's on the other side....of the water." She said as her gaze fell to her paws, which were shaking. There was no way she could go through that again.

"G-go on without me, get your bag back! I'll be fine." She insisted to the aipom, trying to hide her shivering and look as if she was fine.
Back to top Go down
Lumin

Lumin

PostSubject: Re: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 12:36 am

Standing beside Sky as both of them stared into the darkness that was the casually flowing water, it took Cracker a few moments to recognize her hesitation for what it was. She was afraid of crossing the stream; he could sense her next to him trembling at the very thought. The Aipom stared blankly at the blackness beyond for a few quiet moments after she urged him to go on alone and recover his stolen belongings. But he couldn't bring himself to just leave her here. It wasn't something a Guild member would do. At least that's what he assumed.

"No," he said eventually, "I can't leave you behind, Sky. We can make it together!" Stepping forward, Cracker tested the waters by dipping a toe in. "I don't think it's very deep," he observed. "I could probably walk across the bottom. And... And you could climb on top of my head to stay out of the water. Yeah! That could work!" Crouching down, he promptly signaled to the Eevee to climb up, adjusting his pouch of slugs simultaneously. "You can hold onto this too, so we can see where we're going."
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:07 am

Skylar hesitated at the suggestion. "A-are you sure it's....alright? I mean what if you fall or....what if the water's too deep?" She questioned in worry. There were so many things that could go wrong. Not to mention she didn't feel right using Cracker as a living flotation device. After a moment of hesitation, she carefully put a paw on the aipom's shoulder.

Why was she agreeing to do this? What if she dropped the slugs? What if Cracker fell? What if she lost her balance and fell into the water? There were so many things that could go wrong.... But she continued on with the idea anyways, climbing onto the aipom's shoulders and putting her front paws on his head.
Back to top Go down
Lumin

Lumin

PostSubject: Re: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 5:02 am

The Aipom cracked a grin at Skylar's hesitance, hoping to lighten her mood. "Hey, water's my strength, remember? I'll keep you high and dry, that's a promise!" It took her a moment, but eventually the Eevee began climbing up onto Cracker's back, working her way towards his head. He wobbled a bit at first, adjusting to the extra weight, but maintained his footing until he was sure she wasn't going to topple off.

Sky was surprisingly heavy for her size, or maybe it was just that he'd just never had someone on his head before. The Aipom was doubled over with the effort to keep her aloft, but he wouldn't have to hold all the weight for too much longer. "Do you have a good hold? I'm gonna step into the water nice an' slow!" As he spoke, he already started moving, shivering as the cold water crept up his body until he was half submerged.

There was still a good distance to go, and it only continued to get deeper. "Just keep those slugs where I can see 'em or I might lose my nerve," he said jokingly, but at the same time he wasn't kidding. The only thing keeping him sane right now was the little bit of light those bugs gave off.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 11:28 am

Skylar hesitated to answer, finding her self staring down at the water. "Y-yeah, I've got it." She finally said, her voice muffled by her holding the sack of slugs with her mouth. As long as nothing went wrong, she'd be fine. She just had to not fall in the water. Why was she so scared of water anyways? It wasn't like she couldn't swim. She was actually better than average at swimming. Drowning was just....not the way she wanted to go.

She hoped for this voyage through the water to be over soon so she could get back on land and stop worrying about falling in. She knew she couldn't pressure Cracker to move any faster, but she hoped to see the other side soon. It was kind of hard to tell how much farther they had to go in the dark.

Hoping to take her mind off the water, the eevee decided to spark up a conversation. Or at least attempt to. "What do you wanna do once we find that creep?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
Lumin

Lumin

PostSubject: Re: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 4:19 am

Holding all this extra weight was doing a number on Cracker, but he kept quiet. Sky was fearful enough without worrying that he couldn't hold her up. He was already almost halfway through the stream, near as he could tell, but the bad new was the water was up to his neck. The only thing keeping his feet on the slippery stone beneath the current was the additional weight provided by the Eevee on his head. All he had to do was get past this last little hurdle and they'd be home free.

As he moved, Sky struck up conversation, either out of genuine curiosity or, more likely, as a distraction. "Well--" The Aipom spat a bit of water that poured into his open mouth. "First... I'm gonna get my pack back. Second, I'm--I'm gonna beat her with it, heheh. Okay, maybe not, but I'd like to. Not something a Guild member would do. So I think I'd just report her instead. Fight her only if I have to. Whatever it--Pluummph! Whatever it takes to teach her a lesson!"

His foot slipped, causing him to jostle the load on his head, but he quickly corrected himself, struggling to bear the weight as it wore him down and the water continued to steadily deepen. "I just can't believe I... lost my first kiss to a f--freaking creeper!" he grunted, truly feeling downtrodden. "I might beat on her just for that!"
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 7:15 am

Fear rushed through Skylar for a moment as she felt the aipom holding her up slip, but the fact that she wasn't now falling into the water was enough to calm her down fairly quickly. She'd hoped they were at least around the halfway point, as it didn't look like Cracker could take the water getting much deeper. She liked the sound of beating on the crazy thief for making them have to chase after her. Besides, they'd probably need to.

"You know, we'll HAVE to beat on her, both because she's not just gonna give the bag back and because she shouldn't be allowed to roam free. So lets knock her out and take her to the police." The eevee suggested. There was no way she was going to let that creep go and keep doing what she'd done here, regardless of whether or not Cracker agreed, but she hoped he would.

She felt her balance wavering a bit, worrying her for a moment that she may fall. Luckily, she did not have to greet the water. Not today. She could actually see the edge of the water coming into view now. Hopefully, they could get out of here soon. Either way being back on land was more than welcome to her.
Back to top Go down
Lumin

Lumin

PostSubject: Re: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 6:25 pm

Cracker wobbled as he took another uneven step. "Sounds like a--plan, to me," he replied, actually glad that she felt the same way about that crazy Pokemon as he did. He only held reservations against harming that creep because he didn't want to ruin his chances of getting into an exploration team. But if she was up to the task, he was more than willing to back her up.

"I just hope she doesn't get away, or I--" The Aipom was cut off as his next step failed to meet ground. It continued down, dragging his mouth under the water for a moment as his other foot lost traction. In just a single moment, he was free-floating. Both feet kicked in search of purchase with the stream's bottom and found none. With nothing to hold him in place, both Pokemon began to slowly drift along the current.

The good news was Cracker's head was still making a decent ballast, keeping Sky out of the water, but it took him a few moments to free his mouth from beneath the water. "Okay... don't freak out but... I can't feel the ground anymore. So uh... heh, I guess we're in for a bit of a ride. S-shouldn't be too bad though, it's just a stream."
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 7:01 am

Skylar went into panic as she noticed Cracker's movement pattern had changed. Just as she was about to ask what happened, she got an explanation. The aipom had just lost his traction with the ground.... No big.... "WHAT?! S-so we're just floating!? What if it leads to a waterfall or something!? O-or what if the current gets too-" She paused as something came into view from the darkness. A rock....then another.

In a few moments it was evident to the eevee that there were very spiky, dangerous rocks scattered about in the water, some breaching the surface and more likely waiting under the water for someone to be unlucky enough to run into them. "L-look out.... The rocks, watch out!" She said in her panic in the hopes of drawing Cracker's attention to the rocks if he hadn't noticed already.
Back to top Go down
Lumin

Lumin

PostSubject: Re: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 10:33 pm

As Skylar's fears began to escalate, Cracker went in the opposite direction, attempting to be cool and collected despite floating down a stream that, as the Eevee explained, could very well end in a waterfall. Possibly even rapids. Highly unlikely in a cavernous place like this, but not at all impossible. For some reason though, he wasn't getting agitated about it. Freaking out wasn't going to help Sky one bit.

"I dunno, I think we're okay," he started to say during her outburst's pause. "It's kind of relaxing actually. Just... floating free and--" The Eevee's sudden cry of alarm made the Aipom perk up, but he wasn't too perturbed. As he floated, a stalagmite emerged out of the darkness, bumping into him harmlessly and pushing him to the side. Nothing to be afraid of. Actually it might even help.

"It's just a rock, Sky," he said with a giggle. "In fact, I think I can..." Reaching his tail out of the water, Cracker wrapped it around the stalagmite, halting their progress down the river for a moment. But then the thin pillar snapped in half. "Oh... Or maybe not." The next sound to reach their ears was that of rushing water. "Okay, this might be a little bad."
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 4:50 am

Skylar sighed as Cracker wasn't seeming to realize how bad the spiky rocks around them really were. "Yes, it is bad. If there's rocks above the water, there's probably rocks under the water, and if you hit one with a leg it's gonna hurt. A LOT." She said frantically. In her new-found worries over the rocky environment, she did not notice the sounds of rushing water at first.

As the new sound registered in the eevee's mind, she realized what it was. "Oh no.... Nononononononono-" In her worry, she lost her footing for a moment, almost falling off of the AFD(Aipom Flotation Device.) "We're gonna diiiiiie!" She whined as soon as she was confident she wasn't going to fall into the water just yet.

She began looking around for any way out of this predicament. There were a few more of the rocks nearby, but as Cracker had already demonstrated, they were not sturdy enough to latch onto. The only other thing visible around them was water. Lots of water.
Back to top Go down
Lumin

Lumin

PostSubject: Re: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 9:13 pm

"Ow, hey! Watch it up there!" the Aipom complained as Sky mashed her paws into his face during her moment of panic. Clearly being calm wasn't going to help the situation. Not with these spiky stones and what could only be rapids or a waterfall fast approaching them. "We're not gonna die, Sky, I promise! We'll figure a way out of thi--" Cracker was sharply cut off as a stone beneath the water struck his body, just like the Eevee had warned.

"Nnngh... Okay, you were right. That really hurt," he groaned. "Don't move around too much, I can hardly see as it is." Utilizing his tail again, the Aipom attempted to latch onto a few more stones, but to no avail. They simply sheered off whenever his tail went taught. Worse still, they were picking up speed now and the sound of rushing water was louder.

Turning his back to the sound, the Aipom frantically struggled to swim backwards, determined to save Sky from a watery fate. But it was entirely useless. The current was too strong now and the sound of rapids right on top of them. One moment they were floating along peacefully, the next they were thrown over a ledge, both Pokemon plunging deep into the water. Darkness surrounded the Aipom as he was pulled underwater. He couldn't see the slugs or the Eevee. Then a stalagmite struck his head, rendering him unconscious.
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 10:00 am

(Note to any lurking admins; yes I have a water stone.  No I did not roll it here.)

(Note to any Lumins; giant post approaching.)

Skylar's panic turned into sadness as she became almost certain they were about to die.  She saw no way out other than trying to swim, which clearly wasn't working too well for the aipom.  She could find no reason to think she could do any better.  "M-maybe I'll die from impact...."  She muttered to her self, though in reality she didn't want to die at all.  Impact just seemed much faster and less horrible than drowning.  Then, she felt her paws leave Cracker's head.  Then falling.  Then water.  She tried to scream, but by the time she'd managed to make any noise past her panicked breathing, she was under water.

A moment after smacking into the water, the eevee opened her eyes.  It took a few seconds for her eyes to adjust to seeing underwater, but when she did, the first thing she noticed was the bag of slugs drifting down deeper into the water.  She must have dropped them at some point.  The slugs were beginning to spread around the area, revealing it somewhat.  The underwater area actually looked nice now that she could see some of it.  Two things she noticed before snapping out of the daze she was in were an odd blue stone on the bottom of the water, and a familiar aipom drifting down into the water, seemingly unconscious.

Sky resurfaced and took a few deep breaths, registering what she'd just seen.  She couldn't see the edge of the water, but figured if she just swam in a random direction maybe she'd find it eventually.  However, she couldn't just leave Cracker alone....  But there was no way she could hold her breath long enough to get him, then drag him back up, then swim to the shore....where ever that was.  Then she remembered the stone.  It looked like a Water Stone.  Maybe....if she could reach it, she could save Cracker.

After a moment of thought, the eevee took a deep breath and dove under the water.  Many of the slugs had settled to the bottom of the water, allowing her to see an area of it clearly.  She swam down the best she could, trying to reach the water stone, but she was running low on breath before she'd even reached it.  Surely being a Water Type would help with this problem if she could just reach the stone.  After a struggle to keep swimming down and almost passing out, she managed to finally touch the Water Stone with an outstretched paw, immediately enveloping her in a light.  She couldn't see through the light, but she could still feel the water.  However, she didn't feel like she could hold her breath any longer.  As the light faded along with the stone, she immediately swam for the surface, paying no mind to any changes to her body.

Before the "eevee" could reach the surface, her breath had run out and on reflex, she attempted to inhale.  To her surprise....she could breathe.  Under water.  She paused to confirm that she was now breathing under water, giving her self the time to look at her new body....however, she saw nothing.  It seemed as if she had turned into water.  Upon this revelation, she screamed immediately before swimming to the surface.  Lifting what she felt to be a paw out of the water, she noticed something peculiar.  As if the water was making her invisible, the blue paw came into clear view as it was pulled out of the water.  She lowered the paw into the water and raised it back out a few more times, trying to comprehend this, before remembering there was an unconscious aipom drowning.  "Cracker!"  She exclaimed.

She dove down into the water, immediately noticing that her body was becoming visible.  She could swim much, much faster and with ease now.  Her tail felt like it was helping, which was to be expected of a vaporeon.  She reached the bottom within seconds and grabbed onto Cracker's tail with her mouth, before turning and swimming her way back up to the surface.  As she reached the surface she reached her paws down to the aipom to bring him above the water, struggling to keep her own body solid and visible as she did so.
Back to top Go down
Lumin

Lumin

PostSubject: Re: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 3:28 am

After taking the hit to his head, everything had gone black for the Aipom slowly sinking in the fast-moving water. The last thing he recalled was being underwater, no doubt on the verge of drowning. In his unconscious daze however, he felt a tug on his tail, which roused him enough to open his eyes, but all he could see was darkness dotted by the faint green glow of distant slugs. He couldn't move at first, nor even open his mouth to breath, which probably would've been a terrible idea anyway.

It wasn't until his head breached the surface that Cracker awoke with a start. The cool cavern air hitting his wet, slick fur jolted him into motion. He scrambled in a literal, blind panic, waving his paws around in the water, trying to keep upright as he felt someone's limbs around him. His first instinct was to take a deep breath, gasping for air as the darkness around him seemed to grope at his body.
"Sky! Sky, what's--ah!" he coughed loudly, trying to find his friend in the inky blackness. He had no idea she was holding onto him.

In his panic the Aipom tried to squirm free, feeling the strong urge to swim on his own rather than be held aloft by this mysterious force behind him. "Sky! Where are--where...!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Happenings
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: Just Outside Grassveil's Boundaries :: Pecha Forest-
Jump to: