Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

New Happenings

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Lumin

Lumin

Poké : 6361

New Happenings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 3:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

Cracker awoke to the chirping of nearby Pokemon nesting in the hollowed tree he called home. Some sort of flying-type Pokemon. Pidgeys, or maybe Pidove. Whatever the case they were harmless these days. It had taken a while for the wilder inhabitants of this forest to accept his presence, but he was finally on good enough terms to coexist with them. Of course there were still the occasional scuffles, usually regarding those he'd pranked previously; somewhere out there that flock of Pidove and Tranquill still had it out for him too, so he had to keep his head down near the border of Pecha and Shadowhue.

Sitting up, the Aipom yawned and stretched his arms before worming out of his bedding made of leaves and grass. He'd been used his Golden Ribbon as a makeshift blanket, which he promptly and very carefully folded up to put away. Quickly stuffing it into his new backpack, made of fabric instead of the cruddy old bits of plant matter that had since fallen to pieces, he shouldered the burden and sprung into the air, hoisting himself up to the closest hole in the large, old, hollow tree he'd taken up residence in. Poking his head outside, he climbed out onto a branch extending from the hole and took a long, deep breath of the forest's fresh air.

With a content sigh, the purple monkey let out one more yawn, shook himself awake and took off into the forest. He didn't really know where he was going, or what he was looking for. Really he just wanted to get away from his house for a while, maybe explore more of this vast forest. Possibly even meet new Pokemon. Actually, meeting a new face would be just the thing to brighten this already sunny day. As he swung through the trees, the Aipom sung a joyful tune. Unfortunately it was completely off key and painful to the ears; he was a terrible singer, but that never stopped him.

((Energy: 23))

Character Records
Cracker BioTina Bio
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Lord E V
Head Secretary, Moderator & Lord of the Eevees
Lord E V

Poké : 5715

PostSubject: Re: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 11:04 pm

Skylar shook a few leaves off of her, left over from her detour off the path. She then picked up her pace for a moment to catch up to the aipom quickly. As she neared the cave, it became clear just how dark it was. Anything could be waiting in there....regardless of fears, going into that cave with no light source was dangerous. But of course having a light source would defeat the purpose.

The eevee nodded her head at the request to accompany Cracker. "Of course! That's what I came for, right?" She said with a cheery, reassuring smile as she took the first step into the cave to show there was nothing to fear. "Don't worry. I'll be with you the whole time. If you lose sight of me, just let me know and I'll talk to you, so you can know I'm still there."

Character Records

Oh yeah, and I dabble in pixel art.  If you're interested, check out my shop.

>And now for a bit about myself.<
Back to top Go down
Lumin

Lumin

PostSubject: Re: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 11:32 pm

Hearing the Eevee's encouraging words, the Aipom beamed with confidence. However, there was still the small matter of leaving the tree. He was a little hesitant about it, but with one quick jump he was on the ground. He could feel the soft earth squish beneath his feet and it made him shudder. No amount of exposure was ever going to make that sensation pleasant. Eager to relieve his feet of the unsteady mushy earth, he hopped onto one of the flat stones leading into the mouth of the cave. Then he stopped.

Faced with the soul-crushing pitch black of night beyond the opening, he froze for a few moments. He watched Sky enter ahead of him. It seemed okay. No monsters of the deep were consuming her, and the darkness appeared inert and not alive in any way. Maybe he was just over-thinking the whole fear thing. After all, he'd been in caves before. That were lit with torches anyway. And he handled himself fairly well when he was cast into that Hellish pit back in the Monochrome Falls ruins. This would just be routine fluff for him after that, right?

Cracker's legs trembled as he took a step forward. Then another. By the time he reached his new friend, they were at the edge of light and dark. Bright daylight outside and dark empty depths inside. Shaking from head to toe, the Aipom looked to the Eevee and gave an awkward thumbs up.

"S-s-so... N-not too bad, huh?" he stuttered. "I don't k-know what I was af-f-fraid of. Oh Arceus, who am I kidding?!" Turning tail Cracker leaped back into daylight, landing flat on his belly with the darkness behind him. "I'm such a coward!" he cried, burying his face in the stone. "I'll never be exploration team material..."

Character Records
Cracker BioTina Bio
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 11:53 pm

Skylar could tell the aipom was having difficulties facing his fear, but she didn't expect him to run so soon. She tilted her head and gave a disappointed look, then emerged from the mouth of the cave to comfort him. "Hey, don't talk like that....if you aren't exploration team material, that means I'm not either. I'm really looking forward to it, so don't say that!" She said with a smile.

Considering perhaps kind words alone were not enough to cheer Cracker up, she decided to try another approach. "Besides, if that's true, we could always just be the reject team." She joked. Though the idea of being on a team with this aipom didn't seem like the worst thing in the world. They had something they could relate on; fears. They also got along well enough. Besides, it wasn't like she had anyone better in mind and being on a team alone seemed very....lonely.

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Lumin

Lumin

PostSubject: Re: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 12:26 am

Sniffling, the Aipom lifted his head slowly, looking up at Sky. "You'd... really want to be on a team with me? Like... for real?" Cracker sat up, deep in thought. It hadn't occurred to him to start his own exploration team. And really, there weren't any rules regarding bravery. He'd only sought to better himself so he'd be good enough to join someone else's team.

"I never... thought of it like that," Cracker mused, a small smile forming. "We could start our own team. I mean we could, right? I-If you wanted to of course. But we hardly know each other. I mean we--we only just met, and..." Turning slowly, the Aipom stared into the dark maw of the cave. "I think facing my fears could wait, maybe."

((Energy: 23 + 1(new page) = 24))

Lumin carried out 5 launched of one Pecha Forest (Image not informed.) :
New Happenings - Page 2 RvuSukW , New Happenings - Page 2 PH4C7tP , New Happenings - Page 2 7lJaJWp , New Happenings - Page 2 D79y4LB , New Happenings - Page 2 XNK8rgs

Character Records
Cracker BioTina Bio
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 1:04 am

Skylar waited for an opportunity to speak.  When it seemed Cracker was finished, she finally spoke up.  "We can get to know each other a bit more first, but yeah, I'd be happy to make a team with you."  She paused for a moment and looked back into the cave.  "....And don't worry about that fear stuff.  You can't go in the dark, I can't go in water.  Buuut I can go in the dark, and you can go in water.  It's perfect!"  She pointed out.

It was true, they could cover each other's weaknesses and they seemed to be able to get along fine.  As long as Cracker wasn't singing, that is....  Perhaps they would make a good team.

Character Records

Last edited by Sova on Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lumin

Lumin

PostSubject: Re: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 5:32 pm

The Eevee's enthusiasm was infectious and Cracker could already feel his heart lifting again. Grinning broadly he stood up and glanced back at the cave. Even the dark depths of that gaping maw couldn't ruin this moment. He'd finally found someone whom he could share his fears with, someone who could understand him on a deeper level than everyone else he'd met thus far. It was exciting. Almost as exciting as the idea of starting a team of his own.

"Yeah, it's perfect," a voice suddenly called out. "Perfectly pathetic! Ahaha!"

Surprised by the insult, Cracker turned around sharply to see a Zigzagoon followed by a Hoothoot and a Tangela. All three of them were approaching the cave with a menacing air about them. "Can you believe these two?" the Zigzagoon spoke, grinning darkly. "Ooooh, we can be the reject team. Don't worry about all that 'fear stuff'. Hah! What a couple of losers!" The striped Pokemon laughed again, with his two cohorts backing him up.

"Yeah, like you would ever be an exploration team!" the Tangela snorted.

"Ho-ho-hoot! No room for wimps there, no place for cowards! Hoot!" snickered the Hoothoot.

Cracker took a step back, his smile drooping into a worried frown. How much had they heard? How long had they been eavesdropping on their conversation? He had a bad feeling about these Pokemon. They weren't the typical wild variety. Not only were they speaking, but they're words dripped with cruelty. He had the sneaking suspicion that they weren't here just to throw insults.

Character Records
Cracker BioTina Bio
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 6:31 pm

Skylar was surprised by the rude remark and quickly turned to face who ever said it. A zigzagoon. She would have more than willingly advised it to shut its mouth if it had been alone, but it seemed to have friends with it. They were outnumbered by these jerks. If they tried to fight, even if they won, it would surely be a pain, mentally and physically. Sky looked back into the cave....if she could convince the Cracker to brave the darkness, they could get away easily, without any fighting.

But first she wanted to try being more diplomatic. From how they spoke, it didn't seem like these bullies were interested in just leaving, but maybe she could convince them otherwise. "Come on, don't you all have anything better to do? We aren't doing anything to you, is this really worth your time? Besides, if you're right, then we'll just try and fail. Then you can laugh at us aaall you want, but wouldn't it be annoying to keep insulting us then find out we DID make it?" She tried to seem as unworried as she could, knowing fear would just fuel bullies.

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Lumin

Lumin

PostSubject: Re: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 8:48 pm

There was a moment of silence after Skylar spoke, which was promptly filled the obnoxiously loud laughter from all three Pokemon. "Like you freaks would ever make it," the Zigzagoon cackled. "Beside, we ain't here to laugh at you. That's just a perk. Lucky us to find such a pathetic pair of Pokemon. No, we're not here to make fun. We're here for what's in that pack, there." At the sudden mention of Cracker's backpack, the Aipom reached for the shoulder straps, taking another step back. "So tell us, monkey. What yah got hidin' in that bag of yours?"

Cracker hugged his chest and turned away slightly. "It's... none of your business!" He hated when he was right. These Pokemon weren't here just to mock and scorn, they were thieves, probably even outlaws. At any rate, they were bad and they wanted his possessions, which were few but still valuable to him. Expecting an attack at any moment, the Aipom leaned close to the Eevee. "We need to get outta here, Sky!" he whispered tensely.

Character Records
Cracker BioTina Bio
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 9:01 pm

Skylar glared at the brutes as they revealed their intentions. Not just bullies; they were common thieves. Before she could think of how to reply, her attention was drawn to Cracker's whispering. "There's a problem with that....I'm pretty sure that zigzagoon can outrun us, so running would just wear us out before the fight....You could try to run through the trees, but the hoothoot could probably catch you." She whispered as she took a step back and looked back at the cave.

"We....could go in there. They wouldn't be able to chase us very well in the dark." She continued, taking another step back in preparation for what ever came next.

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Lumin

Lumin

PostSubject: Re: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 10:44 pm

You--You mean... i-i-into the cave?" Cracker squeaked, following her gaze into the deep, dark shadows looming behind them. "T-there's gotta be an--another way. Maybe if we fight we can--"

"Hey!" the Zigzagoon shouted. "Whatever little secret plans you're whispering over there, it won't work. We have you surrounded! Just give up the pack and maybe we won't beat you up too badly! Heheh..." The striped Pokemon moved a little closer, grinning menacingly. Clearly this wasn't the first time he and his companions shook down strangers for their valuables. Cracker wasn't willing to just give up, though. With a choice between fighting and entering the darkness, he'd choose to fight, but in his hesitance, he took another step back.

The Tangela, thinking the two Pokemon were going to make a retreat, quickly lashed out at them with his vines. Knocking Skylar down first, he then scooped up Cracker by his feet and hoisted him into the air. "And where do you think yer off to? Didn't yah hear? Yer surrounded!"

"You, take his pack," the Zigzagoon ordered of his flying henchman. The Hoothoot nodded and took off into the air, flapping awkwardly around the Aipom as he struggled in the air.

"Hoot--Hoo-Hold still, you! Ho-ho, there's no escape!"

"Stop! Let me go!" Cracker cried, writhing in his bindings as the Hoothoot pecked at him in an attempt to separate the Aipom from his pack. "Sky! Help!"

Character Records
Cracker BioTina Bio
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 11:13 pm

Skylar was knocked off her feet before she could respond to either Cracker or the crooks. She shook her head and lifted her self off the ground, unsteadily. "Fine, you don't wanna play nice....that's alright. We can fight too." She growled, mostly to her self, though it seemed perhaps her companion wasn't in a position to fight at the moment. First, Sky would have to focus on helping Cracker.... She began glowing an eerie purple color and noticeably walking slower than before. She approached the tangela, being slapped yet again with a vine in the process. This time, however, she didn't fall to the ground. In fact, she barely recoiled.

She tackled the tangela off its feet, forcing it to release Cracker, and immediately turned and ran back to her ally, with the zigzagoon giving chase. Taking note of this, she stopped and kicked sand into the zigzagoon's face, stalling it long enough for her to get out of its immediate attack range. "You alright!?" She asked to Cracker.

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Lumin

Lumin

PostSubject: Re: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 12:50 am

The instant the Tangela released him, Cracker plummeted back to the earth, landing square on his head rather than catching himself with his tail like he normally would. Dazed, he sat up and rubbed his head. He hadn't expected to be let go so soon, and with the Hoothoot attacking him he didn't realize he was even falling until it was too late. Now that he was on the ground though, he could see what was happening clearly.

Sky had rescued him by attacking the Tangela, which had enraged the Zigzagoon, but a swift kick of sand into his eyes halted his charge as the Eevee ran back to him. "Y-yeah, I'm alright," Cracker answered slowly, rubbing the sore spot on his head. "Just a little bump, I'll be fine. We gotta get outta here though, before--"

Out of nowhere a vine slapped the ground between Cracker and Sky, whipping to either side to knock both of them down. The Zigzagoon was barreling up the path towards the cave, eyes angry and red with irritation. "You little brat!" he snapped at the Eevee. "Time to teach you a lesson!" Building up a running speed, he charged into her with a Headbutt.

Meanwhile, the Hoothoot, circling in the sky locked onto Cracker's gaze and began to use Hypnosis on him, making him completely useless and undefended as a Vine Whip shot out from the Tangela and struck him hard, launching him bodily into the darkness of the cave. He landed and bounced once, then twice, before hitting the soft squishy ground and sliding to a stop. It took a moment for the effects to wear off, and when they did, the first thing he noticed was that he couldn't see.

The Aipom jerked upright sharply, locking eyes with the bright open outdoors several dozen feet away, and the encroaching darkness surrounding him on all sides. Immediately his heart rose into his throat as he jump to his feet and attempted to flee the overwhelming blackness. The second he took a step though, his foot lodged in the soft, goopy floor that seems to sink downwards the longer he stood there. He immediately began to panic, tugging on his leg and calling to Sky for help.

Character Records
Cracker BioTina Bio
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 1:15 am

As the dark aura around Skylar persisted, her movements became slower and slower. Though this proved to not be all the Curse was doing, as the tangela's text attack merely made her stumbled back slightly. She wanted nothing more than to help Cracker, who was likely having a far more difficult time handling the onslaught of attacks, but she had no time to do so. This trio of thieves were quite coordinated in their attacks.

The eevee, continuing to Curse her self, faced the zigzagoon. With her ability to move being so hindered, there was no way she'd be able to avoid it. The only option was to face it head on.... As the raccoon charged at her, she held her ground and met the headbutt with a tackle. After a moment of them seemingly frozen, locked against each other, the enemy gaze away and tumbled backwards. Sky took a moment to catch her breath before another vine lashed at her, slapping her shoulder. She bit the vine to get it away from her before running to Cra-

Where had Cracker gone!? She looked for any sign of her ally, the only hint to his current location being the hoothoot facing the cave for some odd reason. Had he fled into the cave while she wasn't looking? Did he really overcome his fear so easily? And did he leave her alone to deal with these crooks!?

The eevee wasted no time making a break for the opening of the cave. Even if Cracker had abandoned her, the cave was still the best way to get away from the imminent danger. She looked up to the hoothoot, who looked back with an....odd glow to its eyes that seemed to make her tired. She realized it was trying to hypnotize her and looked away as she darted into the mouth of the cave. "Cracker!?" She called out as she ran through the darkness, not wanting to look back just yet to see if the enemies were pursuing.

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Lumin

Lumin

PostSubject: Re: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 1:37 am

As Sky fought off the thieves outside, Cracker was busy struggling to free himself from this quick-sand like trap he'd found himself in. It seemed the more he moved the more the ground receded around him, taking him with it. He tried to use his free leg to tug loose his stuck one, but it only sank into the muck as well. Ugh! This is why I hate the ground! All it ever does is eat people! the Aipom thought loudly and miserably.

Cracker stopped moving, but the ground continued to sink. He thought for sure it was going to swallow him whole when suddenly he heard the Eevee calling his name. "Sky! You gotta help me, I--! No, no, stay back! Stay back or it'll--!" It was already too late. The moment Sky's feet touched the muck, the entire floor of slime seemed to heave.

The thieves outside gathered around the cave, snickering to one another. They may not have gotten their prize, but their quarry had trapped themselves in a fate worse than death. "Hoot! Fools! Yous all dead now! Hoo!"

"They don't call it Sink Hole Cavern for nothing, you know!" the Zigzagoon called. "Thought you dummies were smarter than that! Haha!"

"I could pull 'em out," the Tangela suggested, extending it's vines.

"Nah, let 'em rot. That'll teach 'em to think twice about engaging us in combat! Hah!"

As the group left the two to their demise, Cracker struggled helplessly in the muck. A hole had opened in the floor and every scrap of the goo that held them, slid towards it. "Sky! I'm so sorry, this is all my fault!" he cried, trying his hardest to dig his way away from the widening hole. "I didn't mean for it to end like this, I really didn't! I'm sorry I brought you here!"

Character Records
Cracker BioTina Bio
Back to top Go down
Lord E V
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 2:07 am

As Skylar stepped into the muck, it immediately gripped onto her.She struggled for a moment, but soon figured out that it was futile. The ground was sucking her in quicker, or at least it appeared that way since she wasn't quite as tall as the aipom and thus, there wasn't as much length to pull under. As the mushy ground came up to her chest, she simply relaxed, knowing panicking would do no good. She heard the voices of the crooks outside, apparently they were leaving. The insults didn't mean much at the moment, probably because Sky and her new friend were likely sinking to their death, but the fact that they didn't have to deal with those thieves any more was good.

Upon hearing Cracker's panicked cries, the eevee responded quietly and calmly, "Shhh....The more you freak out, the worse off both of us are gonna be. This seems like quicksand....if we just don't move, it might not suck us under. Worst case scenario, we need to be as calm as possible so we can ge-"

She was cut off by the feeling of the ground around her legs beginning to give away. It felt like there was an open space below the ground. Before she could even think of what to say, the ground's pull on her sped up and her head went under the ground within seconds. She held her breath, being able to tell at this point that she wasn't going to die, at least not from being suffocated by the ground. At least not as long as she could wait it out, which proved not to be too much trouble. She fell through the "floor", which was now the ceiling, and down into the dark.

For a moment, she wondered if she was just going to hit the ground and die, or maybe just break a few bones. Her train of thought was abruptly cut off by a splash and the feeling of water all around her. She struggled to the surface and screamed. "HEEEEELP!!!! HEE-" The water pulled her under for a moment and cut her off. Why couldn't she just have hit solid ground and been done with it?

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Happenings   New Happenings - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Happenings
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: Just Outside Grassveil's Boundaries :: Pecha Forest-
Jump to: