Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

Forest of Dead Leaves

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

Poké : 12294

Forest of Dead Leaves Empty
PostSubject: Forest of Dead Leaves   Forest of Dead Leaves EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 7:33 pm

The day had started out nicely. It was bright and warm, sunny with nary a cloud in the spotless, blue sky... But as the day went on, more and more clouds had appeared on the sky, turning it gray as they covered the sun, its light and warmth. It had certainly gotten colder and the wind was just picking up, causing the leaves to rustle in the colorful forest of yellows and oranges. The calm waters surrounding the Fallen Leaf Copse were anything but, its surface rippled and distorted by the wind, threatening to swallow the stepping stones that bridged two landmasses together.

Varda has heard of a mysterious new place that was found recently by some Pokémon. Who hadn't? It seemed to be such a big topic in Grassveil Town these days. It was involved in something else apparently, but the Swablu had already forgotten, it didn't really matter to him. He was still looking for his home and this far, he had no luck. Because of that, it made sense that the previously hidden island could be one step closer, as he hadn't been able to find it! He had asked for instructions right away and didn't waste any time flying towards Fallen Leaf Copse, leaving in the morning.

Of course, he had gotten lost on the way and with the weather being the way it was, it was rather late by the time he had actually managed to find the lake with the island in the middle. The fallen leaves probably did mean he had gotten to the right place and everything else matched the description, too. The small bird Pokémon had hopped over the small stepping stones and gotten to the forest of what seemed like perpetual fall, the slightly damp, colorful leaves rustling under his feet as he walked. His eyes were all over the place, looking around him in awe as he walked slowly, taking in the sights. It didn't look like his home yet... But it did look exciting.

Current Energy: 15 (26 -11 from entering)
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

Poké : 6040

PostSubject: Re: Forest of Dead Leaves   Forest of Dead Leaves EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 3:27 am

((Energy: 20 - 11 = 9))

Silverdawn slithered through the ground that was covered with a lot of dead leaves. The leaves crunched under her scales, and several leaves landed on her nose, causing her to sneeze and send the leaves flying away from her face. She shook her head irritably. She had heard the rumors of a new dungeon; and she was here to ascertain if the dungeon was a good place to collect either sand, ash, or gravelrocks for her shop.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Forest of Dead Leaves   Forest of Dead Leaves EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 3:00 pm

Varda kept hopping along, his eyes taking in the sights. In his opinion, a forest that was made of such warm colors was a rather odd sight! Green was the color one would expect to see, not such vibrant oranges... Though some of the leaves on the ground that he could see underneath a fresh layer of leaves seemed to be more brown than anything. Did the trees here ever stop dropping their leaves, he could only wonder... The ground smelled oddly wet even though it felt dry.

A strange, sudden sound caused the bird's feathers to fluff up in surprise as his body forced itself to stop. For a moment he just stood there, confused and his eyes wide open. That loud sound was... It was clearly a sneeze, wasn't it? That had to mean that there was something that was alive close to him, another Pokémon...
"Hello?" Varda called out as he started to slowly waddle towards where he had heard the sound, the leaves crunching under his feet,
"Is there someone here?"
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

PostSubject: Re: Forest of Dead Leaves   Forest of Dead Leaves EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 4:58 pm

Silverdawn heard someone calling. She lifted her head and flicked out her tongue, trying to sense where the other pokemon was. She could scent a pokemon somewhere nearby, but she wasn't familiar with the scent -it was a pokemon she hadn't yet met. She wasn't sure where the pokemon was, either. The pokemon had stopped moving, so she couldn't sense it through the vibrations of the earth. "Who's there?" she called warily, not wanting to be jumped by a bad pokemon -she had heard of the nasty gang who stalked this dungeon.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Forest of Dead Leaves   Forest of Dead Leaves EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 5:15 pm

Varda stopped for a moment to try to hear something, anything. The wind made the branches of the trees rattled against each other, dropping more and more leaves to the ground. Sometimes he heard a rustle that might have been another Pokémon, but the moment his eyes darted to look in the direction of the sound, there was nothing to be found. The Swablu let his eyes wander as he tried to find the source of the sneeze, but there was nothing. Had he just made the whole thing up in the end...?

But suddenly, there was a voice – and actual words! The bird Pokémon seemed to grow brighter, happy that there actually was someone! Of course, he didn't know if it was someone friendly, but talking had to rule out a feral Pokémon stalking on him, right?
"Oh, I'm Varda!" He replied, still unable to see the other Pokémon he was talking to. His response most likely was quite useless, as his name really wasn't known... But that was something he didn't really think about, answering honestly.
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

PostSubject: Re: Forest of Dead Leaves   Forest of Dead Leaves EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 5:29 pm

She heard the pokemon call out and reared up in surprise, as the pokemon sounded like it was right next to her. She realized that the pokemon had been standing next to her, silent until then. She hissed in surprise. "Where did you come from?" she asked, blinking her blank eyes in the direction that she thought the pokemon was in.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Forest of Dead Leaves   Forest of Dead Leaves EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 5:47 pm

Varda's eyes were staring up into the bare trees, trying to see if the source of the voice was all the way up there, perhaps. But once he heard more rustling from down below, his eyes shot down just in time to notice a large snake rear up, not even very far from him! The little bird jumped, not having expected to see a Pokémon like that so close... But he wasn't being attacked, so he calmed down quickly and smiled a great big smile.

"I came from there!" The Swablu motioned behind him in the direction where he had walked from. Though after a moment of consideration, he came to the conclusion that the snake probably wanted to know if he lived here. A bit of a strange question maybe, but it wasn't one he shouldn't answer!
"Oh. I mean, Grassveil Town! I came from there," Varda nodded cheerfully,
"What about you? Do you live here?"
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

PostSubject: Re: Forest of Dead Leaves   Forest of Dead Leaves EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 5:49 pm

Silverdawn shook her head. "You misunderstand... I didn't sense you until just now so i was surprised to see you, that's all." she scented the air around the pokemon, still unable to identify the pokemon species that it was. "Who... what are you? I've never scented a pokemon like you before," she hissed curiously, slithering closer to the pokemon, unaware that her blank eyes were staring directly at his.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Forest of Dead Leaves   Forest of Dead Leaves EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 6:12 pm

Varda tilted his head to the side, the feathers on top of his head flopping over. He didn't get it... Unless this snake-like Pokémon could sense those auras Noel had told him about? Yes, he quite clearly remembered how the Riolu had been able to walk backwards without really seeing where she was going thanks to her other senses. Maybe some other Pokémon had that ability too and didn't pay as much attention to what they saw otherwise?

"I'm a Swablu!" The bird explained when he was asked for his species, replying happily to the snake's question,
"I haven't ever seen a Pokémon like you before, either," he continued just as cheerfully, though the stopped to consider for a moment. Actually, the other Pokémon said scented, not seen. The little beady eyes blinked a couple of times as they looked at the large eyes of the snake, confused. He could guess what it was, but maybe he was wrong. Maybe it had something to do with auras?
"What is scenting?"
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

PostSubject: Re: Forest of Dead Leaves   Forest of Dead Leaves EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 6:23 pm

Silverdawn blinked her eyes blankly. "You... don't know what 'scents' are?" she asked curiously. She had never heard of a 'swablu' before. Maybe it was a kind of bird? As far as she knew, birds didn't have noses so maybe that was why this pokemon didn't know what she meant by 'scent'. "Are you a bird pokemon?" she asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Forest of Dead Leaves   Forest of Dead Leaves EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 6:43 pm

"I am!" Varda replied with a happy chirp when the snake asked if he was a bird Pokémon, perhaps with even a hint of pride in his voice. Of course he liked being a bird – but then again, he had never tried being anything else. Except a bush once, but he preferred being a bird honestly. Though returning back to her earlier question, the Swablu shook his head.

"I know what a scent is," he clarified with a little giggle, perhaps finding it a bit silly that this other Pokémon doubted his knowledge,
"I just... Don't know if you meant something else. I've met many Pokémon with strange abilities," Varda chirped and nodded, almost like he agreed with himself. It was sometimes difficult to be sure what others meant... And then it hit him.

Why did the snake ask if he was a bird Pokémon? It was quite obvious, wasn't it? He had feathers, a beak, wings, everything one might expect a bird to have. It was impossible to miss. Perhaps... She couldn't see? The Swablu tilted his head, puzzled.
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

PostSubject: Re: Forest of Dead Leaves   Forest of Dead Leaves EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 6:47 pm

Silverdawn nodded. "I suppose you would mean my vibration senses. I can sense the vibrations of the earth and living things around me. I couldn't sense you because you were being extremely still. Of course, the wind makes it hard to differentiate between things that are alive from the swaying of the trees or the swirling of the leaves," she said.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Forest of Dead Leaves   Forest of Dead Leaves EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 7:02 pm

Varda cooed as he heard the snake's explanation about sensing the vibrations around her. He couldn't do that! Was it like the aura-sensing ability Noel had? He actually hadn't asked about it enough from Noel to know if vibrations were in play or if Pokémon had to move for them to be sensed.
"Wow, do you think I could do that, too?" The bird asked with a hopeful voice and shining eyes as he started to waddle closer to the snake, the dead leaves rustling under his feet.

"I have a friend who can sense auras, do you sense auras too?" The Swablu didn't waste any time asking the questions he had on his mind as he walked towards this new Pokémon, his eyes looking at her intently. She had large eyes, but she couldn't see out of them? They did look a bit weird, but he didn't know if that was normal for this species...
"Oh! I didn't ask for your name, did I?"
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

PostSubject: Re: Forest of Dead Leaves   Forest of Dead Leaves EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 7:08 pm

Silverdawn shrugged, her scales along her spine rippling strangely as she did so. "I'm not sure. It's a snake-pokemon and maybe a ground/rock pokemon thing. It's.... not like sensing aura's I don't think. I mean, I can't sense auras so I'm not sure, but I think aura sensing is more like heat sensing, which is also something I can do, but that's more of an ekans thing, I think." she nodded, satisfied with her explanation. "Oh, my name is Silverdawn. You said yours was... Verde, right? Like the color green?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: Forest of Dead Leaves   Forest of Dead Leaves EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 8:17 pm

Varda stopped when he was closer to the snake, listening with his eyes wide as she told him more about her abilities. Unfortunately for him, she didn't seem to think that he could sense the vibrations like she did, being a bird and not, well, a snake. And apparently it had nothing to do with sensing auras, but the other Pokémon wasn't entirely sure – and the bird couldn't help but nod at that, his gestures quite useless for a blind Pokémon but to him, they just came automatically.

"I can't sense auras myself, so I don't know. I have no idea how they feel like," the little bird cooed, perhaps sounding a bit disappointed. There were so many things that would forever stay as a mystery to him. The snake's name wasn't one of those things however, introducing herself as Silverdawn.
"It's Varda! I'm more light blue than green," the Swablu gave out a little chirpy giggle, as cheerful as ever,
"It's nice to meet you!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forest of Dead Leaves   Forest of Dead Leaves Empty

Back to top Go down

Forest of Dead Leaves
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next