Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!
Check out the Staff Recruitment thread if you are interested in becoming a staff member!

Want to keep up to date with site happenings? Here's the June News Thread!

Share | 

A lovely day in the Pecha Forest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord E V
Head Secretary & Lord of the Eevees

Poké : 2625

PostSubject: A lovely day in the Pecha Forest   Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:22 pm

What a great day. The sun was shining, it was almost noon and the Pecha Forest was very calm.

How boring. There was nothing at all exciting going on. How did Sova let himself willingly go to such a boring place? He'd been here plenty before too, it's not like it was new for him. But William wanted to have a peaceful day.... The eevee had been in so much danger lately, he didn't object to being able to relax and get to know this gengar much. Still, it was a very boring place to be. Maybe something exciting would happen. Then again, every time he wished for something exciting, he got his excitement and then some.... Perhaps learning to not have a constant death wish would be beneficial. Maybe a boring and relaxing day in the Pecha Forest would be healthy.

"So, what do you wanna do?" He asked the gengar, who was probably much more happy to be here.

Character Records

Is it my post in our thread?  Wanna start a thread with me?  Hit me up HERE

Oh yeah, and I dabble in pixel art.  If you're interested, check out my shop.

And now for a bit about myself.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Poké : 380

PostSubject: Re: A lovely day in the Pecha Forest   Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:37 pm

Finally it had worked. Finally William had managed to convince the Eevee to try and train in a more peaceful, less threatening place. Now maybe he could build his strength without the danger of getting hurt lurking behind every corner.
"Well, we are here for you to train, are we not?", the Gengar asked.
"So I guess our best bet would be to either find a good place to train against inanimate objects or to find some Pokémon to do battle against. Your call."
William did not trust for Sova to remain safe on his own in the Black Spear Mountain Range or similar dungeons, but obviously he did not patronize him so much as for to believe that he'd be incapable of handling the Pokémon of Pecha Forest.

(E=58-5=53)

PostSubject: Re: A lovely day in the Pecha Forest   Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:55 pm

Sova sighed out of boredom. "Well, I've fought things way tougher than what's in the Pecha Forest....and won. So I guess we'll just find some inanimate objects to train on. They won't faint as fast as the pokemon out here anyways." His voice was dull, showing just how much he was looking forward to the oh-so-fun training they would be doing. Not at all. He was certain the day would be boring. But at least he would be able to get to know William better if anything. What questions would he ask? Perhaps he could get to know more about the gengar's past.

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Savato

PostSubject: Re: A lovely day in the Pecha Forest   Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:04 pm

"Very well then.", the Gengar spoke.
"What we should look for depends on the move you would like to train. Is it one you know already or would you like to try learning something new maybe?"
William knew that Sova wasn't all that happy about the situation, but he hoped that seeing the better results of uninterrupted training would convince the Eevee of the value of careful, considerate and thoughtful actions.
Now - what was the Eevee trying to learn? Maybe he could improveSwift. He seemed to rely on this attack quite a bit. Or a move that would allow for him to do better against Rock and Steel types maybe?

PostSubject: Re: A lovely day in the Pecha Forest   Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:41 pm

Sova grinned. "I've got something new, just for you. I haven't had much time to get used to it yet, but...." He decided to simply demonstrate instead of talking by focusing all of his negative energy into a ball and sending it at a nearby tree, blowing a hole halfway through it, as if something had taken a bite out of it. Not as much as he wished he could do, but it would surely do more to the gengar in their inevitable spar than his arsenal of normal-type attacks.

If he was gonna be stuck in the boring Pecha Forest all day, he planned to show off what he'd already learned.

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Savato

PostSubject: Re: A lovely day in the Pecha Forest   Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:55 pm

The Gengar chuckled.
"I have a feeling I know that move from somewhere. Impressive."
Not wanting to discourage the Eevee from continuing to try and master this move, William refrained from showing off his version of the attack however.
"So would you like to improve your accuracy, speed, range, power or something else with the attack? It's pretty safe here, so we're in no need to hurry and can try to put together the perfect training."
William wondered how well Sova would do with the Shadow Ball attack. Slowly but surely he seemed to be turning into the Eevee's inofficial mentor.

Savato carried out 20 launched of one Pecha Forest (Image not informed.) :
, 57 , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

PostSubject: Re: A lovely day in the Pecha Forest   Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:10 pm

"I can't really hit a moving target with it, so range." Sova said almost immediately. He could work on power next, since he wasn't used to using a ghost type move. But for now, he desperately needed to learn how to aim it. He'd been able to hit opponents who were running straight at him or standing still, but he found it very hard to actually aim. If he couldn't have time to concentrate on where he wanted it to go, he couldn't aim it to save his life. He also had a hunch the gengar's shadow ball could blow straight through a tree, so maybe William could help him hit harder with it.

(Energy - 24)

Lord E V carried out 10 launched of one Pecha Forest (Image not informed.) :
53 , , , , 57 , , , , ,

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Savato

PostSubject: Re: A lovely day in the Pecha Forest   Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:30 pm

The Gengar was a bit confused.
"So you want to hit moving targets with it? Wouldn't that rather be accuracy? In any case, then I guess we should start trying to find a place to practice."
It wasn't a bad choice the Eevee had made. A move - no matter how powerful - was useless if one was unable to land a hit with it and if the move was powerful it might even cause more problems by hurting or destroying friendly Pokémon and useful objects.
"Now, you probably already know that a Shadow Ball is fueled by negative emotion. I have found that it helps quite a bit to direct that negativity towards your target. Don't hate blindly. Hate that target. Don't fear blindly. Fear defeat by the target. Try to convince yourself that whatever you are trying to hit is directly at fault for any- and everything bad that has ever happened to you. Let those feelings build and your accuracy should increase. It works for me at least. I don't know whether it is the same for everyone but I guess we are going to find out."

Savato carried out 15 launched of one Pecha Forest (Image not informed.) :
, , , , , , , , , , , 53 , , ,
(E=53-16=37)

PostSubject: Re: A lovely day in the Pecha Forest   Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:46 pm

(Energy - 13)

"I figured hitting things farther away would help with accuracy too...." Sova muttered as the gengar talked. He listened contently after that, wondering if the gengar really had so much negativity to go around. He wondered if he could do that.

"Fear? Since when do I fear anything?" Sova joked. "But hate....I think I can do that." He continued. He knew he had enough hate in him, but he'd worked so hard not to be a hateful soul....would he have to throw that away to stand a chance against William? He took a moment to think about it and came to the conclusion of....wurf.

"A good place to practice is anywhere where there's trees to hit. Or actual enemies, that'd be kinda fun. But nothing out here is really all that threatening...."

Lord E V carried out 5 launched of one Pecha Forest (Image not informed.) :
, , , , 55

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Savato

PostSubject: Re: A lovely day in the Pecha Forest   Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:59 pm

"Trees are a bit big in my opinion. I figured we'd go looking for acorns to use as targets or something of similar size. As for the fear and hate thing - don't worry. Releasing that sort of stuff actually is pretty effective therapy. In my opinion at least. Of course I don't know whether it works for you too."
William was a bit disappointed to hear that Sova seemed to set this low standards for himself. Trees were far too big a target to train accuracy. But with enough hard work they should be able to still get some improvement done. And maybe with his skills his standards would rise too. It was a theory.
Munching on an apple William followed Sova deeper into the forest.

Savato carried out 5 launched of one Pecha Forest (Image not informed.) :
, 57 , , ,
(E=37-25=12+5=17)

PostSubject: Re: A lovely day in the Pecha Forest   Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:21 pm

(6 energy)

Sova considered the idea of starting with a very small moving target. "Acorns....well if we're going for something that small, why not just use pebbles? Even better, right?" He suggested. He hadn't considered starting training off with something so difficult, but if William thought he could do it, then he had to do even better. If he could shoot a pebble out of the sky, he could probably hit pretty much anything. "So I'm guessing you'll throw up the targets." He said as he got into a battle stance, trying to show he was ready.

Lord E V carried out 2 launched of one Pecha Forest (Image not informed.) :
56 ,

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Savato

PostSubject: Re: A lovely day in the Pecha Forest   Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:33 pm

William chuckled.
"Moving targets already? I was thinking about stationary ones hanging from trees for now, but if you want to go for moving targets already, then I am not objecting."
Now this was something William should have expected. Of course Sova would take his suggestion to the extreme and go for the most difficult thing they could imagine first. But if that was the method he believed to work best, then so be it. It wasn't as if anything could go wrong if Sova were to miss after all. They had all the time in the world to work without being disturbed, so they might as well make the best out of that time. But then the Ghost type noticed something frightening...
"Sova, I believe I have some moving targets right here for you..."

Savato carried out 2 launched of one Pecha Forest (Image not informed.) :
(E=10)

PostSubject: Re: A lovely day in the Pecha Forest   Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:12 pm

Sova turned his attention towards the same place William was looking. But instead of seeing something frightening, he saw something exciting. After fighting powerful enemies and having such a formidable gengar with him, he wasn't worried about anything the Pecha Forest had to offer in the slightest. Nidorino, Zigzagoon, Exeggcute, two tangela, Aipom....It didn't seem like too many. Then he noticed the ones that were harder to spot. Pineco, Sudowoodo, Phantump....

Still not enough to be worrisome....surely with the many items lying around and teamwork they could handle those enemies easily. Then he noticed the birds high up in the trees and in the sky. Four murkrows, Ledyba, Hoothoot. There were far too many enemies here. If he wasn't a little bit worried at this point, he still would have been very surprised and confused. Were they both branded as outlaws when he wasn't looking? All of these random pokemon, looking intent on fighting....

"Well then.... The Pecha Forest just got a whole lot more fun." He was half sarcastic, half worried, all excited.

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Savato

PostSubject: Re: A lovely day in the Pecha Forest   Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:41 pm

"If this is your idea of fun, then I don't want to see you worried.", the Gengar wryly commented.
"In fact I don't think I ever want to see you excited then either. Bored out of your mind seems to be a safe state. So, fight or flight?"
Just what had gone wrong in the Ghost type's life lately? Whereever he went there were armies and legions of feral Pokémon interested in tearing him a structurally superfluous new behind.
Had he maybe grown this famous as an explorer that the feral Pokémon had banded together to destroy him? No, most likely not. This had happened after a period of time in which Team Yozora had not been particularly active. So, what other reason could there be?

(E=6)

PostSubject: Re: A lovely day in the Pecha Forest   Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:08 pm

Sova laughed almost maniacally, purposely. "This is my idea of fun, why would I pick flight? It's perfect practice anyways....much better than trees and acorns." He said as he jumped into a fighting stance. There were a lot of enemies, but they were still only Pecha Forest enemies. Even if he couldn't fight them alone, surely such a powerful gengar could. He was certain there was nothing to worry about. Though the enemies' numbers were a bit intimidating.

"Don't you enjoy fighting even a little bit?" He questioned the gengar as he wanted to see if any of the pokemon around them planned to attack.

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A lovely day in the Pecha Forest   

Back to top Go down

A lovely day in the Pecha Forest
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next