Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

A Chilling Walk

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
pokepikoo

pokepikoo

Poké : 2125

A Chilling Walk - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 9:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

It was another day in Brian's life and he was about to travel into a new location. However, out of all the places he had traveled to in his journeys, this one was definitely the most foreign. Brian was used to seeing a normal woods, with the large trees, warm weather, uncountable bushes, and the sunlight piercing through the leaves. They were generally bland areas, but still nice nonetheless. The Icicle Woods were nowhere near this vision of a normal woods whatsoever.

The woods were freezing compared to any other area he's been to, though being a fire type and having a Defense Scarf around his neck made this less of an issue. All of the ground and even plant life was covered in snow, something that Brian had almost never been exposed to before. He had never been in a location where snowing was a normality, but as with most things it peaked his curiosity. Touching a little bit of it with his hand, Brian felt that it wasn't as soft as it looked. The snow simply blew off in the cold winds, leaving his hand feeling wet. Disappoint, but not discouraging. As Brian walked on into the woods, he wondered what he would find in this new, interesting location.

Energy: 23 - 20 = 3

Last edited by pokepikoo on Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
pokepikoo

pokepikoo

PostSubject: Re: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 8:25 pm

"No need to worry about that. I'm quick enough to get out of a situation that gets too dangerous to handle. Not that there's much I can't handle." Brian said, smirking with sheer confidence in his statement. In reality, he knew that there were many things that he wouldn't be able to handle by himself. However, with William around, he felt safer about his potential future recklessness. He certainly seems experienced in exploring, and is skilled in battle as well. Having someone like that made these explorations much less fearful, though Brian wasn't one to fear much anyway.

"That makes sense. Some Pokemon are better at things like that I guess. Others like myself are better at hitting fast and hard. The variety in these kinds of strategies is what makes battles so interesting. Ya never know what you might be going up against."

Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

Poké : 380

PostSubject: Re: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 8:40 pm

"Well, I hope so.", William commented.
"I don't want to have to scrape up your remains from the trees after all."
Some strange things kept happening lately. Always he was accompanying someone who vastly overestimated their own abilities through a dungeon that was for some reason swarming with even more Pokémon than usual. Hopefully this one would be easier to steer away from the worst dangers than Sova. The Ghost type was not hoping for another episode with the hallucinogens of Blackmist Mountain or the Icicle equivalent - whatever it might be.
"I think that just makes battles more dangerous and I'd rather prefer for them to be easier so they don't endanger our wellbeing as much."
Back to top Go down
pokepikoo

pokepikoo

PostSubject: Re: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 9:20 pm

"Don't worry, that won't be happening. I'll carry my own weight on this exploration! No scraping shall be done!" Brian said, knowing that he wouldn't let himself get into a situation that bad. The Ghost types response seemed kind of dark, but Brian assumed that he just came off like that unintentionally. He could tell that William wanted him to be safe, so he wouldn't allow something bad to happen. Besides, Brian couldn't let himself look weak in front of an explorer.

"Yeah, that is true. While I don't mind having to fight other wild Pokemon that show up, I am glad that no more showed up so we could talk."

pokepikoo carried out 1 launched of one Icicle Woods :
A Chilling Walk - Page 3 3h5GGuj
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 9:34 pm

"You just had to say it, didn't you? Tempting fate like that is a very bad idea and you will most likely see proof of that statement very soon. If you value your pulse I'd like to advise you to refrain from making statements like these in the future."
There was something strange about fate and luck. Whenever someone stated that something would or would not happen, it was highly likely that the exact opposite was going to occur. There was no logical reason for it. It just happened and noone William had met thus far had had any sort of explanation for it. Thus he had wisely refrained from commenting on the situation - glad as he had been that they had time to talk now. The Fire type didn't seem to have enough experience to know things like that yet though...
Back to top Go down
pokepikoo

pokepikoo

PostSubject: Re: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 10:20 pm

Tempting fate? Um, I don't know anything about that. Just saying that I'm okay doesn't mean that I'll end up not okay in the future." Brian said, not really understanding what William was trying to say. He's said plenty of things in the past before, and nothing really happened due to just saying that. The concept of tempting fate didn't make sense to Brian, mostly due to him not being a psychological thinker like William seemed to be.

Soon after this, a large ball of thick mud came out of nowhere and hit Brian right in the face. The impact sent him onto the ground on his back, with his face now covered in mud. "Ugh, I guess this is what you were talking about...noted." Brian said as he tried to wipe the mud off of his face.

Energy: 21 - 3 = 18
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 10:30 pm

Well, at least once things were working in William's favour by...not working in his favour. His point had been proven and hopefully the Chimchar would now refrain from making any further statements like the one he had made before.
But now they had to take care of the Swinub that had appeared. While its Ice type would mean an advantage for the Chimchar and the Ground type was something William himself was immune against the Ground type would also mean additional danger for the Fire type. Still a Swinub wasn't that much of a threatening Pokémon, so they should be able to deal with it.
And thus a Shadow Ball was formed, launched towards the Swinub as a dark counterpart to its Mud Bomb. The war was on.

Savato carried out 1 launched of one Icicle Woods :
A Chilling Walk - Page 3 THuoVKG

(E=7)
Back to top Go down
pokepikoo

pokepikoo

PostSubject: Re: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 11:26 pm

After wiping the dirt off of his face, Brian saw William and the brown furred Pokemon that shot the mud at him fighting it out. He was about to go help him but then heard something behind the group. When he turned around, Brian saw a white bird like Pokemon carrying a giant bag. It looked harmless at first, but then it started throwing out boxes at him that seemed to explode when they touched something. Brian almost wanted to catch one and see if something was in it, but upon seeing the first one explode, immediately got this idea out of his mind.

Like with his other opponents, Brian started by dashing towards him and dodging the incoming explosions from the presents. Upon getting close, he decided to use his Leer attack, giving a "menacing" stare that lowered the bird's defenses. With this, he preceded to smack the bird with his Fire Punch, sending it flying like it's type was meant to do.
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 11:35 pm

While the Swinub was sent flying a short distance through the air by the force of impact, William immediately turned around as he heard the sound of explosions behind him. What in the name of various things was going on there?
Soon the source of all the noise was identified. It seemed to be a Delibird, quite intent on distributing Presents. Luckily however there wasn't much those presents could do other than obscure the Ghost type's view, so William decided to turn towards the Swinub again. It posed little threat still, but at least it was some threat it was posing.
Brian should have no problem dealing with an Ice type and William would not have to worry about being struck in the back.
And thus he began charging his darkest thoughts again, once more preparing a Shadow Ball to launch.

(E=3)
Back to top Go down
pokepikoo

pokepikoo

PostSubject: Re: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 3:13 am

The bird Pokemon had gotten up after taking the Fire Punch, something that most of the other wild Pokemon he had faced here weren't able to do, which impressed Brian a little bit. Whether that was a good or bad thing considering the majority of the other Pokemon is a different story, but that's besides the point. The bird proceeded to throw out more presents at Brian, which he was able to dodge for the most part. However, one of the presents did manage to hit him, the resulting explosion sending Brian flying into the air. Despite this, he was still able to counterattack, sending a furious Ember at the bird Pokemon. The move his right on the mark and due to being super effective, the bird was taken out. He then landed after his flight, the soft snowy ground somewhat breaking his fall.

"Well, there goes that guy. At least that present thing didn't hurt much...do boxes normally explode? Could I find a way to throw exploding things? Hmm....ugh, not important. I'll think about that later." Brian said as he got up and started heading back towards William.

pokepikoo carried out 1 launched of one Icicle Woods :
A Chilling Walk - Page 3 Pospec11
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 6:05 pm

William had no trouble keeping the Swinub at bay by simply throwing Shadow Balls at it while it futilely tried to scuttle closer towards the duo. This was something the Ground type was beginning to realize as well, so it adjusted its plan of attack.
Somehow charging up freezing energies, the Pokémon launched freezing air towards the Gengar, using Powder Snow to try and injure the Ghost type with tiny particles of sharp ice.
This sadly was an attack the Gengar found himself unable to dodge and thus all that was left to him was to try and stand his ground, trying to endure the sharp crystals piercing his spectral skin.
The Swinub was getting desperate, apparently using the last of its powers to try and still emerge victorious somehow...
Back to top Go down
pokepikoo

pokepikoo

PostSubject: Re: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 6:44 pm

Brian could see William and the brown furred Pokemon fighting in the distance. He knew that the Ghost type could probably take it out with no issues at all, but he still felt compelled to help him out. Besides, another wild Pokemon could end up appearing at random so you could never be too careful. As he continued to run, he stopped for a second to see something falling from the sky. Brian grabbed it as it got within reach and saw that it was some kind of berry. He was confused as to where it came from, but free food wasn't something that could be easily passed up.

"Well, I don't know where you came from, but that won't stop you from being delicious." Brian said before tossing the berry in his mouth and chomping on it. As he finished gulping it down, he felt a surge of energy flow through him. "Man, whatever that berry was really filled me up. Alright, back to business!" Brian said before running over to William again.

Energy: 18 + 7 = 25

pokepikoo carried out 3 launched of one Icicle Woods :
A Chilling Walk - Page 3 AZTkyVm , A Chilling Walk - Page 3 BWjrBHO , A Chilling Walk - Page 3 G4MtuOR
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 6:57 pm

William meanwhile had managed to take care of the Swinub, even though he was shivering quite a bit.
Heat sink or not, the Gengar was not a Pokémon immune to the cold and not a Pokémon to enjoy the low temperatures either. He almost envied the Pokémon of the Ice type now, being able to live in and actually enjoy climates like this one. Then again they suffered even more than other Pokémon if exposed to warmer environments.
Still - envy and jealousy or not - William was freezing quite a bit. Hopefully he wouldn't catch a cold or something of the sort from having been here this long already.
And...he had just tempted fate, had he not?
Back to top Go down
pokepikoo

pokepikoo

PostSubject: Re: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 7:31 pm

Almost at William now, Brian saw that the brown furred Pokemon had been taken care of. Well, that was one less thing for the two to worry about. When he got over to him, he saw that William seemed to be freezing or something like that. "Hey, are you okay? You're not looking too good." Brian said, hoping that William wasn't hurt or something. Maybe being out in the cold weather for this long was getting to him or something.

Before he could think about this too much, he turned around to see another wild Pokemon coming towards the two. It looked like some kind of flat snowflake, and it definitely didn't look friendly in the slightest. Seeing as William didn't seem to be looking too great, Brian knew what he had to do. "You stay here and rest for a bit. I'll take care of this guy." Brian said before dashing off towards the snowflake Pokemon.

Energy: 25 - 6 = 19

pokepikoo carried out 2 launched of one Icicle Woods :
A Chilling Walk - Page 3 SDPtUhl , A Chilling Walk - Page 3 BWjrBHO
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 7:46 pm

"N-no. There's no reason for me to rest. I'm just a bit c-cold. A bit of moving will warm me up again."
William was fully convinced that this little bit of shivering was nothing too threatening. It would probably disappear soon enough. For now there was some battling they had to do.
After having coughed a bit, the Ghost type then charged at the Cryogonal, attempting to hit it with a Normal attack since using Shadow Balls all the time was getting exhausting. But...since when did he get exhausted this easily?
No, it was nothing. He was fine and he could still fight. There was no reason to let this Fire type down and force him to handle everything on his own. He was fine.
Back to top Go down
pokepikoo

pokepikoo

PostSubject: Re: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 8:04 pm

Brian saw William come towards the snowflake Pokemon, not willing to rest. Maybe something wasn't wrong with him and he looked like that before due to being tired from the previous battle. Brian still had a hunch that there was something wrong, but right now he had to focus on the wild Pokemon. It shot out some kind of freezing wind at him that he wasn't able to dodge, but it wasn't too effective due to his Fire typing. Brian then counterattacked by sending a flurry of Embers at the snowflake so that it would stop the freezing wind. The move hit it's mark and the Pokemon stopped it's wind attack as it flailed around in the air. Seeing his opportunity, Brian used his Fire Punch and smacked the snowflake right in it's weird face, send the wild Pokemon flying.

However, it seemed to still be ready for more as it began moving towards him again, but this time he saw something in the distance other then the snowflake. It seemed to be another one of the large, brown furred Pokemon that surprise attacked him earlier. "Great, another one. Guess I'll just have to burn them both!"

Energy: 19 - 5 = 14

Last edited by pokepikoo on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Chilling Walk   A Chilling Walk - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Chilling Walk
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next