Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

There Might be Ruins

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
FoxFireAlchemist
Moderator and Dark Ducklett Priestess
FoxFireAlchemist

Poké : 5045

There Might be Ruins - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: There Might be Ruins   There Might be Ruins - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 2:39 am

First topic message reminder :

It was around midday when a flash of yellow fur suddenly darted from the Shadowhue undergrowth to the protective enclosure of Monochrome Falls, which protected the entrance to Monochrome Ruins. The fur belonged to Mercury the Fennekin, who was returning to her home after a morning trounce about the outlying areas that surrounded the place she now called home. She crept carefully behind the  large waterfall, although not because she was trying to be sneaky about going back to her home in the ruins. She had accidently gotten to close to the wall of water one too many times, and since then she had done her absolute best to never have a run-in like that with water again. Once inside, she began running around with the same usual reckless abandon once again, giggling to herself as she began thinking up new games to play in the afternoon. On the way back to her den, however, she got distracted by some pebbles and stopped. They looked just like rocks! Only smaller!!!! AMAZING!!! Mercury's small mind was completely blown.

(Mercury the Fennekin: Energy - 19/19)
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Pikashock

Pikashock

Poké : 10615

PostSubject: Re: There Might be Ruins   There Might be Ruins - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 2:41 am

Watching as Mercury shot the Zubat down from the air while still smirking ever so slightly from the fire fox's compliment, the Oshawott ran over to where the bat pokemon landed on the ground and threw herself at the downed pokemon, tackling it. Upon impact, the pokemon seemed to let out a cry, before feinting and dropping an item. Standing back up, Ava looked down and picked up the Orange Gummi it had dropped, popping it into her mouth and eating it immediately.

"Hmm...eh. Could be better." She decided on what she thought of the taste, shrugging before turning and looking back to Merc.
"So, uh. You consider all of these pokemon your neighbors, right? And you live around here?" The Oshawott asked curiously, placing her scalchop back on her front before walking up to the Fennekin casually.

Energy: 3/21 (-1 for item roll, +1 for eating an Orange Gummi and +1 for a new page)

Pikashock carried out 1 launched of one Monochrome Ruins :
There Might be Ruins - Page 2 LMxL8P3
Back to top Go down
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: There Might be Ruins   There Might be Ruins - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 3:04 am

Mercury cocked her head as she watched circle-headed friend finish off the Zubat with a Tackle. The Zubat had been beaten conditionally; tackling it again just seemed like beating a dead Horsea to the Fennekin. She didn't question it though; maybe circle-headed friend just liked punching dead bodies. Maybe it was fun? Merc didn't know; she hadn't actually tried it.

"Huh? Oh, yeah! They're like neighbors because they all live in this place, and I see them from my den sometimes," Merc nodded. "I don't have friends over a lot, so I guess they don't know how to be nice to company. Or maybe they're just block heads. I think they've been living around the rocks so much that their brains are turning into rocks. Greeeeeey rocks," Mercury told circle-headed friend with her voice hushed, leaning in and looking around shiftily as if she didn't want to be heard by any outside forces.

Mercury the Fennekin - 15 Energy (but not for long)

FoxFireAlchemist carried out 10 launched of one Monochrome Ruins :
There Might be Ruins - Page 2 T1Q4hEu , There Might be Ruins - Page 2 2FrD83b , There Might be Ruins - Page 2 KXl3zMe , There Might be Ruins - Page 2 IOz0489 , There Might be Ruins - Page 2 IOz0489 , There Might be Ruins - Page 2 QWpnkuM , There Might be Ruins - Page 2 LMxL8P3 , There Might be Ruins - Page 2 UGNVILz , There Might be Ruins - Page 2 9CkL9nE , There Might be Ruins - Page 2 KXl3zMe
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

PostSubject: Re: There Might be Ruins   There Might be Ruins - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 3:06 pm

Watching as Merc continued to speak, Ava paused for a moment, listening to what the other pokemon had to say. From first impressions, the Fennekin didn't really seem all that capable to Ava, and she certainly seemed...aloof, to put it lightly. Was she really living here all on her own?
"So, you've been living around here and taking care of yourself all this time? Why not just leave, go to a safer place?" She asked, the slightest hint of concern in her voice. That was strange too, she wasn't completely sure why she cared. Mercury obviously seemed to be taking care of herself in the time being, she's at least made it this far. Logically, there wasn't any reason to worry.

Energy: 2/21(-1 for item roll)

Pikashock carried out 2 launched of one Monochrome Ruins :
There Might be Ruins - Page 2 TmBVYOp , There Might be Ruins - Page 2 2FrD83b
Back to top Go down
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: There Might be Ruins   There Might be Ruins - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 7:47 pm

"This is my home!" Merc exclaimed defensively when circle-headed friend asked why she didn't leave, "Well, it's my new home anyways. My old home is far away, but it's probably empty." A couple of Zubat flew close, but they chose not to interact with the nearby Pokemon. "Besides, I don't know why you're asking. I'm just fine here; I can get food outside and there are lots of cool shiny things and adventure in here!" Merc exclaimed, gesturing around with her paw. Without meaning to, she gestured towards a slightly hidden item, which she quickly caught on to. "...Like that!!!" she exclaimed, dashing over with her tail wagging. She hopped behind the rocks and squirmed around a bit before producing a shiny disk. She hopped back out and ran over to circle-headed friend.

"See? There's cool stuff like this all over the place!!" Merc exclaimed excitedly. "I don't know what it all is, but it's all really pretty!"
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

PostSubject: Re: There Might be Ruins   There Might be Ruins - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 9:11 pm

Ava quickly glanced away for a moment and looked upward at the Zubat as they flew by, but seemed to ignore them for the time being. Despite averting her gaze, she still listened to what the Fennekin had to say, wondering for a moment what she meant about her home probably being empty. Something must have happened to make her think that, she figured, but what exactly had happened was beyond any guess of the Oshawott at the moment.

"Really? There's treasure like that all around here?" The Oshawott questioned softly with a smile, looking back to Merc as she thought about what the pokemon was saying. If there was stuff like that lying all around the place, maybe it was a good find after all as far as treasure was concerned.
"Do you think you could show me around, then? Take me to the deeper parts of the ruins? I'd definitely appreciate it if you could. Maybe we could even make a game of it." Avaria asked the Fox pokemon, hoping that the incentive of a game would only enhance the chances of the other pokemon agreeing to it.

Energy: 0/21
Back to top Go down
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: There Might be Ruins   There Might be Ruins - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 5:28 pm

Mercury brightened up even more at dome friend's proposal, if it was possible at that point. "Really, you mean it??? We can play a game together?" She looked like she was seeing water for the first time after being trapped in the desert for weeks. "Yes! Yes!!! Definitely positively yes!!!!" She puffed out her chest proudly and grinned. "Don't ask me to play follow the leader though, unless you want to loose! I know my way around almost every part of this place, like the back of my paw! I'll win for sure. We could play I Spy instead, that's more fair. I mean, unless you actually do want to loose. Because I really want to win!!" Mercury beamed ear-to-ear, suddenly changing her momentum entirely. She started climbing towards a rock formation nearby, a little shelf of rock on a ridge that spanned over a small chasm.

"I don't like to win easily, but a win is also a win!" Merc added after an absentminded pause. "My poppa told me that every win is important before he went to sleep. Even the little ones! It's better to get something rather than nothing; it's essential he said. ...Sometimes I'm not sure what I'm getting, but I know I'm getting something!" She paused a moment to think. "It's making me lighter, I think. Maybe poppa was talking about getting lighter, or getting less heavy. It was definitely one of those two!!" She started up the rocks again while looking back at Ava, not even really looking where she was going (and apparently not needing to). "What do you think, dome-y friend? When you win, are you getting lighter? Or are you getting less heavy?"

Once up at the shelf's level, the entirety of the little chasm area could be seen. The walls had layers and layers of rock, with pockets of space and ruins sandwiched within. It look like someone had burrowed a hole in a durant hill. The top of the other side of the chasm could be seen from the little shelf bridge, bearing more hints at past life in the form of ruins. There was a maze of rocks and broken walls set back a ways from the edge that stretched as far as the eye could see.
Back to top Go down
Pikashock

Pikashock

PostSubject: Re: There Might be Ruins   There Might be Ruins - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2018 4:36 am

If there was something Mercury lacked(possibly IQ points), she seemed to more than make up for it in sheer, undying energy. She was loud, boisterous, and despite that the Oshawott couldn't help but feel herself drawn to the fire type. Perhaps she actually liked Mercury's childish behavior...though, she figured a good part of it might have been that Mercury was currently her guide in exploring a place that could have plenty of treasure to find. That was more likely than not a factor in things.

Instead of answering her excited companion, Ava opted to stay silent for the moment. After all, the Fennekin was speaking plenty enough for the two of them. She barely had a place to interject anyways. Though, with every sentence Mercury spoke, there seemed to be more questions or things to think about.

What kind of game should we play? I didn't come to play games...but if that's how she's going to lead me through here...

By the time she'd come up with an answer, she had plenty of other things to think about. Something about Mercury's father, always leaving with something...and if she got lighter or less heavy when she won. What did that even mean? Weren't lighter and less heavy the same thing? What was Mercury looking for there?

Actually...maybe there was a difference.

"Lighter or less heavy..." The Oshawott spoke the words out loud as she pulled herself up, climbing up to the shelf behind her companion. "...less heavy, but that's for me. For you...I think I'd say lighter. But that's your call." She finished, peering out at the chasm in front of them. The ruins were quite the interesting sight in and of themselves, and were she not set on looting the place for treasure first, she'd have been interested in taking a closer look right now. There was something about abandoned places, places that had been worn down and lost, that Ava was interested in.

Maybe she'd come back to the ruins sometime later. But for now...

"I think I've decided on a game for us, Merc. You mentioned I Spy, right? I think that's a good game for us to play while we go on ahead. Then again, I suppose if you're leading me around, we're already playing Follow the Leader too..." Ava gave a quiet chuckle as she stepped up ahead, peering down into the chasm some more. Was there a path they could use to get down? Maybe Mercury had a way of getting there? Or was down even the way they were planning on going? Admittedly, the Oshawott wished she had to rely on her guide a little bit less. Nothing personal, just...she liked to know things and feel in control of the situation. Nothing wrong with that.
Back to top Go down
FoxFireAlchemist
FoxFireAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: There Might be Ruins   There Might be Ruins - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2018 9:02 am

Mercury continually nodded like she totally got what D-friend was saying. D-friend. That was a good nickname for her!!! It was shorter and sweeter and way cooler. VERY fitting for a short and sweet and cool friend. A friend that had given her a nickname too, so CLEARLY they were into that sort of a friendship phase now and Mercury had to return the favor!! Yeas, that was what she was going with now. ANYWAYS, D-friend had been saying something. "I think you're right, D-friend. It's different for everyone, huh?" The little fox smiled with the satisfaction of solving a good puzzle. "Lots of things are heavy in different ways, and some things just start light. I can't even keep track of all the ways people are different!!! But figuring it out is fun!!!"

Mercury looked down at the broken buildings faaar below them as she ran out of things to say for ten seconds. They were really a m a z i n g and m y s t e r i o u s to Mercury still, even after living here so long. Mercury wondered how such big houses ever got into this cave, and why would they want to be in a cave? Sure, Mercury had lived in caves for a long time, but she had never had a house in a cave. Just a den. Which was just an extension of a cave? She bet her papa would have known; he was really smart about those kind of things. She still had some of his "book-y" things that had puzzles on them. Maybe D-friend knew more about houses in caves? Maybe she-

GAME.

Avaria had Mercury at game.

"OH, you decided!!! Oh boy, those are GREAT games too!!!" the fennekin exclaimed with glee, the energy returning to her body. "Don't worry D-friend, I won't disappoint!! I've already got a game that combines BOTH of those games, and it'll be a ton of fun!!! It's called 'Leader Spy,' and this is how you do it!!! We start up here, and then the leader - me, since I live here - looks for a very suspicious something. When the leader finds it, they start leading to it!! The follower has to figure out what the thing is." Mercury smiled mischeviously. "If you don't find the very suspicious something, well, we pass by it and the leader finds something new to investigate!! If you figure out the thing, you win a point and maybe a prize if it's something we can take!! If you win, we'll switch roles for a turn so I can play too!"

With renewed purpose, Mercury darted over to the edge of the rocky shelf and began scouring below them for suspicious somethings. "I gotta warn you, friend, I'm the reigning champion at Leader Seek!! But don't worry, that means it'll be fun to play, too!!" she exclaimed as she scoured the visible wreckage below. They red orbs lit up and began to sparkle as she identified something that looked juuuuust right, a perfect start to get the game rolling with!!! "-And I think I see something now!!! Okay, follow me, don't get lost!!"

Mercury darted forward in the direction they had been heading, and jumped from what seemed like the edge. She landed on a convenient broken piece of pillar because of course there was something there. She jumped down, down, down, and down again more and more pieces of haphazardly toppled marble rock until she reached a slab of pure black below - a clearly hand-hewn floor. She looked aaaaaaall the way back up at D-friend and smiled, wagging her tail impatiently as she clearly expected her new buddy to risk her own life in the same way.

Of course, there seemed to be a safer-looking rope climb nearby that one could use to rappel down. But who had left that there....? Clearly not a quadruped like Mercury.

As one got to the bottom, it would become clear that the rock shelf was not a rock shelf.

It was a giant piece of a giant construction. A stone tablature jutting out atop a large collection of pillars.

They were standing on top of an impossibly large grand entry to building of unknown usage.

Mercury was living atop one massive piece of construction.

Mercury the Fennekin - 0 energy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There Might be Ruins   There Might be Ruins - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

There Might be Ruins
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2