Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!

Event Manager Applications are open! >>Link<<
Moderator Applications are open! >>Link!<<
For site updates as they happen, join our Discord server! >>Here!<<

A Toast to New Beginnings

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

Poké : 12294

A Toast to New Beginnings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: A Toast to New Beginnings   A Toast to New Beginnings - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 6:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

The night gave way to the morning as the sun started to rise, the first rays of light signaling many of the Pokémon that it was time to wake up and get prepared for a new day. It seemed like it was about to become a wonderful day indeed, as the previous day's storm seemed to be in the past with not even a hint of a dark cloud up in the sky. There was barely even a breeze in the air as the sun rose, painting the sky with many shades of reds and oranges before it finally started to turn into a beautiful, spotless blue. Grassveil Town seemed to stir from its slumber as the Pokémon got out to the streets, starting their busy lives for the day.

Varda had been quite lucky yesterday. After the storm that had whisked him away from home, not only did he manage to bump into someone who was capable of helping him out of the strange forest, he also had managed to find someone who let him stay the night with them! Somehow after he stumbled his way to the pond to get cleaned last evening, he got quite lost and, well... He walked into a strange building and met a strange, wingless Pokémon. The owner of a Dojo or something. That Pokémon did prove to be quite nice, as she let the Swablu sleep somewhere dry. He really did have to repay her kindness one day!

Right now, the bird Pokémon had other plans, however. The person he had met in the forest was a leader of a team by the name of Lance – and someone who had wanted Varda to join his team, even! The decision had been quite hard as the Swablu hardly knew if he was up for the job, but he had finally agreed to it. He had also agreed to meet Lance the next morning, to properly get signed up for the team and become a part of the Guild! Or something. Honestly, he had no experience of anything like this and didn't know what was going to happen, but he had been told to not worry...

Of course, with Varda being Varda, he had managed to get lost on his way to the Guild despite having been given directions to it by a couple of different Pokémon already. While the bird was most likely a bit late, he did somehow manage to – finally – find his way to where he was supposed to go. Picking up his pace as he saw the structure looming up ahead, the Swablu quickly hurried towards the Guild to meet up with Lance. They were supposed to meet outside in the morning, so surely the other Pokémon was already waiting for him!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: A Toast to New Beginnings   A Toast to New Beginnings - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 2:31 pm

Varda nodded as the Guildmaster asked them all if they should get signed up right away, though he wasn't entirely sure how it was going to happen or even what was going to happen. Lance hadn't said anything about it, just telling the bird to not worry... So he wasn't going to worry! It apparently shouldn't take too long according to the large Pokémon's words, however. As the Guildmaster asked them all to follow, the Swablu took a quick look at the rest of his future team to see if they were going to agree. With no objections, he nodded a couple of times in excitement, his beady eyes bright and sparkling as he looked up to the large head on top of the long neck. The Guildmaster was almost like a tree...!

The bird's waddling quickly turned into excited, springy hops as the group entered the fabled Guild. Being so small and light, Varda had to watch out for the heavier Pokémon's feet so he didn't accidentally get stepped on, but he did his best to stay close to the Guildmaster as she led their way into the building. He was so excited too, his eyes wandering all over the place, taking in the sights.
"There isn't anything special we have to do?" The Swablu chirped as his gaze returned to Faye, surprised how simple the whole process sounded this far. Was there going to be a catch?
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

Poké : 380

PostSubject: Re: A Toast to New Beginnings   A Toast to New Beginnings - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 5:08 pm

"Well then, let's get going, shall we?", she asked the young Pokémon before beginning to turn around and slowly walk into the direction of her quarters. When the quartet finally arrived in front of the doors to the guildmaster's quarters, the Meganium opened the doors with her vines and began to speak anew:
"Is there anything I can get you? Maybe you would like a spot of tea, sweeties?"
With these words the Grass type walked back into her quarters, opening the path for the other Pokémon to enter. The guildmaster's quarters themselves weren't anything special. One of the walls was taken up by a few bookshelves, a variety of tomes in them. A second wall was adorned by a rack with a few bags of different sizes hanging from it. A desk was placed in the middle of the room, a few things on top of it. Additionally there were some less noteworthy pieces of furniture. But perhaps the most striking thing were the plants strewn across the room. There were quite a few potted plants of the strangest kinds sitting around, all of them looking extraordinarily healthy.

"Well, that depends, dearie. Would you telling me your name count as special?", the guildmaster smiled.

Riolu

Poké : 1731

PostSubject: Re: A Toast to New Beginnings   A Toast to New Beginnings - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 5:53 pm

Lance followed the guildmaster to her quarters. When she asked the group if they wanted tea, Lance declined. "No thanks, I don't want any tea." When the doors were opened and the guildmaster walked in, he walked in as well and looked around at the plants. "How does the guildmaster keep them so healthy?" He thought to himself. He looked at Varda and Dawn, since he didn't have to do anything. He smiled, waiting for their response.

Spoiler:

A Toast to New Beginnings - Page 2 Riolu_lick_icon_by_Futurecartoonist12
Click him for Lance's character records!
A Toast to New Beginnings - Page 2 LanceTheRiolu
Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: A Toast to New Beginnings   A Toast to New Beginnings - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 1:46 pm

((It has taken a while for Starbright24 to reply, so I'll go ahead and post now in case it helps us to move the thread along – especially as they already posted rather quickly twice in a row earlier. I also sent them a PM a while back, which I'm not sure if they noticed or if something happened where it didn't get sent as I didn't get a reply. I figured posting this here would probably be noticed by them better.))

Varda's eyes wandered everywhere, having so many different sights to take in. If Lance had been telling the truth and becoming a part of his team truly was as simple as he made it sound to be, the Guild would become the bird Pokémon's new home for a while! After all, he didn't have any other place to go to for now, so he was quite glad that at first glance, the Guild looked like it would be a very great place. At least there was a lot for the Swablu to look at, his eyes wide in his excitement as they walked through the hallways and got to where Faye was leading them.

The bird seemed quite mesmerized by the slithering vines the large Guildmaster was using to open the doors barring their entrance to what Varda at least assumed was her room, hopping after her and the rest of the Pokémon with them. There were so many plants everywhere. There certainly were other things in the room as well, but the plants were what caught the Swablu's eye! Seeing how Faye too seemed to be like some kind of plant... Maybe they were even related?
"What kind of spots does tea have?" He cooed his response as he looked back at the Guildmaster, tilting his head to the side and causing the feathers on top of his head to flop over. The large Pokémon was willing to give him something, but he was a bit unsure what!

Once Varda was questioned about how special it would be to tell his name, the bird clearly stopped to think about it for a moment, taking said question very seriously it seemed. After a moment of pondering, it looked like he had gotten his answer.
"Oh, no, I don't think it's all that special. I have done it many times!" The Swablu chirped happily, flapping his wings,
"It's Varda! Are you going to write it down? It should be easy to write, I think!"
Back to top Go down
StarBright24

StarBright24

Poké : 658

PostSubject: Re: A Toast to New Beginnings   A Toast to New Beginnings - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 3:02 pm

When she was asked if she wanted tea, Dawn said "No, but thank you for the offer." When she looked around she was amazed by how many different plants were in the room. When she heard Varda's response to what the guild master said, she couldn't help but giggle a bit, covering her mouth a bit. "So, what do we have to do now?" Dawn inquired.

Last edited by StarBright24 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Savato

Savato

PostSubject: Re: A Toast to New Beginnings   A Toast to New Beginnings - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 10:18 am

A chuckle escaped the guildmaster.
"Oh, it is just a figure of speech dearie. I was asking you whether you'd like some tea. Why one calls it a spot of tea I do not know."
While speaking the Meganium retrieved a large tome from the bookshelves behind her - a book Lance might recognize as the one used when he signed up for the guild as well.
Quickly a quill danced over the parchment, directed by the Grass type's vines.
Not long thereafter the tome was closed and placed back where it had been again.
"Not much I would say.", the guildmaster responded to Dawn's inquiry.
After digging through the drawers of her desk for a few seconds, the Meganium produced a few items and placed them in front of the adventurers.
"These are your Explorer Badges, dearies, as well as a little extra from me. I hope you like them.", she smiled.
"Now with everything taken care of - I do believe your current room might be a bit small for you three. Would you prefer for us to get to assigning you a larger room right now or should I give you some more time first, dearies?"

(The "extra" is a ribbon in the colour of your choice for Varda and Dawn each.)

Riolu

PostSubject: Re: A Toast to New Beginnings   A Toast to New Beginnings - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 5:34 pm

Lance watched the guildmaster pull out the giant tome from the bookshelves. Lance remembered that thing...The guildmaster had written things down in the exact same thing during his previous registersation visits. When he and Twinkle met the guildmaster for the first time ("I wonder if I'll ever see her and Stella again..."), when he brought Stella, and now. Thoughts started zipping through his mind. "That tomb must have all the records in it...possibly about everyone here...I wonder..." But then he frowned. Why in a million decades would he think about sneaking into the guildmaster's room to look at the tomb?! He knew that it might have information about a lot of pokemon, but why would he want to sneak around to look at it? He shook the thought out of his head. Even though he is one of the nicest pokemon one may meet, he still has a dark thought every once in a while, but he usually ignores them. He didn't want to become an outlaw.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: A Toast to New Beginnings   A Toast to New Beginnings - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 5:51 pm

"Oooh," Varda cooed when he realized what the Guildmaster had meant with the spot of tea once she explained it. Yes, of course. She just asked them all if they wanted some tea to drink. It all made sense now.
"I've never really had tea," the bird chirped cheerfully, just talking even though his experience with tea hadn't even been asked about. His eyes followed Faye around, still quite interested in her nimble vines as she fetched a large book from her bookshelf, writing something in it with a quill.
"...Though, maybe we should do that later," he continued after a moment of thinking, declining even though he had looked like he was going to accept. Both Lance and Dawn had declined, so he didn't want to waste their time by drinking tea with the Guildmaster! Surely there was still so much left to do.

The Swablu stood on his toes as he tried to peek over the large Pokémon in vain, wanting to see what the Guildmaster was going to dig out of the drawers and his curiosity was showing. Of course, he couldn't actually see anything until she brought the items out. Varda's eyes grew large and he couldn't help but smile – especially after hearing that Faye was giving the items to them!
"Oh, thank you, Miss!" His thanks were quite excited and he didn't waste much time accepting the offered items, quite happy to be receiving gifts.

With the gifts in hand – or wings – Varda didn't believe the day could be getting much better. But then he remembered that they would also be having a room! Growing even more excited, the bird Pokémon looked at Lance, his eyes large and sparkling. Obviously as the team leader, it was Lance who would get to decide that. Still, he really wanted to see their room – and if they had a very big room, it would only be better, right?
"Do you think we should have a bigger room now, Lance? I think it would be fun!"
Back to top Go down
StarBright24

StarBright24

PostSubject: Re: A Toast to New Beginnings   A Toast to New Beginnings - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 3:12 pm

Dawn imagined this all the time, and now it was happening. She now had in hand a explorer badge, of which she dreamed of before coming. "Thank you" she told Faye in a polite way, and she was very exited to be in a rescue team, so much she was smiling so hard that her mouth was going to begin hurting if she didn't stop soon. When she heard Faye's question and what Varda said, she nodded in agreement, the giant smile still there.

Savato

PostSubject: Re: A Toast to New Beginnings   A Toast to New Beginnings - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 12:58 pm

"Oh, you are welcome dearies. In fact I should be the one thanking you for choosing to join the guild.", Faye smiled. "I guess we better get going then. If you would please follow me?"
With these words the Grass type emerged from behind her desk again, wandering around the piece of furniture and towards the door leading out of her quarters.
"Please remember to take all of your personal belongings with you."
Soon this signup would be over as well, leaving Faye to deal with the annoying paperwork once more. Of course she didn't regret her descision to retire from adventuring but that didn't mean that she liked all the forms she had to fill out now. Ah well, she would just have to get over it.

Riolu

PostSubject: Re: A Toast to New Beginnings   A Toast to New Beginnings - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 3:36 pm

Lance nodded in agreement to getting a bigger room. He has done this before, so he wasn't as excited as Varda or Dawn, but he was still happy. He turned around, ready to follow the guildmaster. He checked to see if he had everything with him, and then looked to see if his brand-new team-mates had everything as well. He was planning on taking a stroll around and think of what to do. He didn't want to jump right into getting a misson, but he didn't want to do nothing either. He waited for the guildmaster to take them to Team Mythical's new room.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Bird
NPC Rper
Bird

PostSubject: Re: A Toast to New Beginnings   A Toast to New Beginnings - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 4:22 pm

Varda nodded a couple of times happily with a big smile on his face, finding the process of signing up and the Guildmaster both quite pleasant! He was quite ready to start following after Faye once she started to head towards the door to show them their new room, but stopped once the larger Pokémon reminded that they should remember to take their gifts with them. The Swablu quickly scrambled to grab his new belongings so that they wouldn't be left behind and forgotten, waddling next to the Guildmaster as they all started to walk towards their new destination.

"We'll get the whole room for ourselves?" The bird cooed in awe, almost like he couldn't comprehend something like that could be possible. It sounded like it was too good to be true! He couldn't help but ask about it all in his excitement.
"And we can sleep there?"
Back to top Go down
StarBright24

StarBright24

PostSubject: Re: A Toast to New Beginnings   A Toast to New Beginnings - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 4:46 pm

When Faye reminded her, Dawn picked up the surprise with her two hands, along with the explorer badge, having no fingers. The surprise was a stately silver bow, which she could put on. Maybe the others got bows too. Then, she heard Varda's latest question.

“Varda," Dawn said “We will sleep in the room we were given. It's one of the things mentioned by my parents when I asked them what it was like to be an explorer" she answered, following behind. And anyways, what else would the room be for?

(OOC: in my rp, only the white words are actually spoken, incase you haven't noticed.)

Savato

PostSubject: Re: A Toast to New Beginnings   A Toast to New Beginnings - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 1:40 pm

"Very well. If you would follow me then please, sweeties?"
With those words, the Meganium placed the book back on its shelf again and put the quill and ink back into her drawer.
Walking towards the door again, she continued:
"We're almost finished with the introduction process, dearies."
After a quick tour through the guild and its facilities, during which Faye introduced a variety of Pokémon and explained the use of the systems in the guild, the duo had arrived at the quarters again.
The Grass type walked up to one of the doors, opened it and explained:
"This will be your room. There isn't much inside, but you can decorate it any way you like, my dear. Usually rescue teams only use these rooms for sleeping though, so most members don't really change anything. For now I'd suggest for you to rest. An exciting day lies behind you and without doubt the next one will be just as excitng, so you should be prepared. Are there any other questions you're having? If not, then we'd be finished here, sweeties."

Bird

PostSubject: Re: A Toast to New Beginnings   A Toast to New Beginnings - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 2:28 pm

Varda gave Dawn a quick glance, quickly noticing that she was a bit more informed about this Guild thing than him. It seemed like she had actually asked questions about it and studied some things before she finally made the leap to join it! It did sound like a very smart thing to do, but the bird really hadn't had a chance himself. It all had come so fast.
"Ooh," he acknowledged his new teammate's words with wonder in his tone, a bit nervous but mostly excited to finally get a room to sleep in.

Faye wasn't entirely out of surprises when they left the room as she topped it all with a proper tour, showing the Guild and what secrets it had hidden inside. She also introduced many Pokémon that may or may not be important in the future and the Swablu couldn't help but just stare at everything in awe, his dark eyes large and sparkling. He did his best to take it all in and remember as he waddled next to the Guildmaster, looking like it was the most exciting day of his life.

Finally their tour came to an end and they returned to the sleeping quarters, where the large Pokémon opened one of the doors and claimed that it was going to be their new room. Varda was excited and quickly hopped through Faye's legs to get inside, taking a good look around. Even if it was bare, it had plenty of room for all of them! And obviously, as the Swablu had no other nest to call his own at the moment... He most likely would make more use out of this room as he would be staying there when he wasn't outside doing something more important!

"Mhh, nope!" The blue bird turned towards Faye with a big smile on his face, not having any other questions now that she asked for them. He did agree that some rest might be good for now. Or maybe he would go take another tour around the Guild once the Guildmaster left just because he was so full of energy and was so curious, not having gotten enough of it yet.
"Thank you so much, ma'am!" Varda nodded, causing the feathers on top of his head to flop over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Toast to New Beginnings   A Toast to New Beginnings - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Toast to New Beginnings
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP :: Grassveil Town :: The Guild-
Jump to: