Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

Prepare to face a new set of challenges in this brand-new Pokemon world as you square off against new enemies and rivals, forge new friendships, and create teams to travel the world with on your quest of discovery

HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
-Quick Links-
Starter Poké Donation | Guildmaster Requests | Admin Requests | Current Sitewide Event
Grassveil BU Requests | Aileron BU Requests

-NOTICES-
Welcome to PMD!
Check out the Staff Recruitment thread if you are interested in becoming a staff member!

Summer Harvest Event

Want to keep up to date with site happenings? Here's the June News Thread!

Share | 

Never Trust A Mime

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Vulpes

Poké : 0

PostSubject: Never Trust A Mime   Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

Mission Info:

Team Sentima's third mission... their first outlaw capture. Twilight was beginning to fall as the sun set, and the edge of the sky began to darken as the sun started to tuck beneath the trees. A yellow glow poured from the west as the night sky began lifting to the east. Leif has walked across the plains and cringed in terror, "We... are here." His foot sank into the marshy water, and he cringed forcing himself to push through his fear. He would not let his own shortcomings stop the team from being successful.

A mime had cheated their client, and had to be punished. This was not to be their first fight, but being an outlaw, it would certainly be a more difficult fight than many of the previous ones they faces. And to make matters worse to get to them they would have to trudge through Arceus knows how much swamp... But he had to distract himself from all the horrible water. "So... nice... weather we're having." What he did not take into account was night was nearing, and it was the middle of Fall, in a wet marsh. In fact, it was nearly as bad as the time it rained at Pecha Forest. But Leif was more focused on not thinking than thinking about what he was saying.

#1C3847

~My Character Masterpost~
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Lord E V
Head Secretary & Lord of the Eevees

Poké : 4705

PostSubject: Re: Never Trust A Mime   Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:56 pm

Sova quickly turned to Leif and opened his mouth in shock. "What!?" He yelled, sounding surprised. "It isn't attacking us, Leif! We can't do that...." He tried to stay calm but his ally's suggestion shocked him. "It's creeping me out, but we can't just attack it....It's not really doing anything threatening."

He sighed, considering if it would really be wrong to attack a stalker. "Let's just keep going, it'll probably get bored and leave us alone eventually...." And so he kept moving, but the Sliggoo kept following.

Character Records

Is it my post in our thread?  Wanna start a thread with me?  Hit me up HERE

Oh yeah, and I dabble in pixel art.  If you're interested, check out my shop.

And now for a bit about myself.
Back to top Go down
Vulpes

PostSubject: Re: Never Trust A Mime   Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:13 pm

(10 energy)

Leif sighed, feeling a bit guilty, "Yeah... I guess you're right... but... I just don't feel safe with it following me. It's giving me the creeps." He shivered, "Well, maybe not the water around him, but I could try to freeze the water between it and us. An obstacle like that might keep it from following us..." He figured freezing the water, as long as it didn't hit the Sliggoo, wouldn't count as attacking it, would it?

"But whatever we do let's keep moving. I feel like it's invading my privacy..." he trudged along, no longer thinking about the misery of the water, but rather how quickly they could get away from this absolutely creepy pokemon.

Vulpes carried out 2 launched of one Cattail Marsh (Image not informed.) :

#1C3847

Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Never Trust A Mime   Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:23 pm

Freezing the water? That was much better than attacking it, and maybe that WOULD slow the Sliggoo down. "Yeah, freezing the water sounds good. It might not do much but anything's better than nothing at this rate...." He looked back at the creeper Sliggoo momentarily, it was still following them.

He tried to keep his attention on the lights and not the Sliggoo, but he just knew it was not going to stop following them any time soon.

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Vulpes

PostSubject: Re: Never Trust A Mime   Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:29 pm

"Leave it to me..." Leif ran over a few meters , then charged at the water with an ice punch in a large semicircle. It froze the splash, leaving spikes that would mean the Sliggoo would have to go around if it wanted to reach them. Leif dashed back to Sova as fast as he could, "Let's move while it's distracted..." He took off running through the marsh. He figured even if the ice wouldn't keep the Sliggoo, it wasn't a fast pokemon, and maybe they could outspeed it.

He also felt that maybe taking advantage of making it a competition could help. "Hey Sova, race you to the dead tree!" he said, taking off at a full sprint. He knew if Sova had any intent of really racing he would win... again... But at least it would be some incentive for Leif to go fast and use his headstart. He grabbed a protein he saw as he ran, stuffing it in his bag.

#1C3847

Back to top Go down
Lord E V

PostSubject: Re: Never Trust A Mime   Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:35 pm

Sova wasn't really in the mood for a race, he was so spooked and confused at why they had the stalker Sliggoo, but a challenge is a challenge, why would he ever decline it? He wasn't as well suited for walking through water as Leif was, but he wasn't going to just let Leif win the race. "You're on!" He said as he pushed through the marshy water. But then he had an even better idea than winning. He slowed down in order to make sure he stayed behind Leif, and just as the Abra neared the dead tree, Sova dove under the water. It was a bit difficult to submerge himself in the water, but he managed to.

He lurked under the water, getting closer and closer to Leif, before jumping out and yelling "BOO!"

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Savato

Poké : 380

PostSubject: Re: Never Trust A Mime   Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:33 am

Dark and dreary the marshes were. Damp and dull and certainly not a place for a Bug and Ground type such as the Nincada. But there wasn't much of a choice he was having. The obvious places would the ones they would be searching in first. So he had to seek refuge in the less obvious places. And this was the least obvious location he could think of. Now he would just have to wait in this place until he finally evolved. This place full of horrendous, dangerous Pokémon which would most likely have a type advantage on him. In a place in which each step could mean drowning in a previously unseen pool of water. In a place in which noone would hear him if he were to get into any further danger. A place with a ground so muddy that digging was basically impossible. Great.
The Nincada sighed, hoping noone would notice him sitting on a tree in the middle of the marshes.

(27E-15E=12E)

PostSubject: Re: Never Trust A Mime   Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:58 am

(Note to all lurking admins/mods, Vulpes has stopped posting for the time being and has given me permission to NPC his character, Leif, in order to keep this thread going.)

Sova's joke spooked his partner a bit more than intended, sending Leif running off back towards the way they came. Though Leif quickly realized it was just a prank. On his way back, Leif turned to see the same creepy stalker from earlier right in front of him, nearly completely submerged in the water still. The surprise made him fall backwards into the water. After getting back up, he looked to Sova. "Can we leave? I'm soaked and this creepy little thing won't stop following us." Leif said.

Sova sighed before answering. "Go ahead, I'm gonna finish the mission. I'll be fine, don't worry, I know my way around this marsh well." Sova said with a reassuring smile. He didn't want to burden his partner with this trip and knew he could handle it on his own....probably. Disliking the circumstances so much, Leif agreed to leave the mission in Sova's hands and left.

Now alone and still being stalked by the creeper, Sova pressed on forward. After a few minutes, he noticed something up in a nearby tree. A familiar face, what a relief, it was getting a bit lonely. "Ned....right? Is that you?" He sounded surprised, because he was. Why was Ned in such a dangerous place? That didn't fit Ned at all.

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Savato

PostSubject: Re: Never Trust A Mime   Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:09 am

Suddenly a familiar voice rang through the air.
Ned was so surprised by the unexpected noise, that he lost hold of the tree he was hanging onto, landing on his back on the marshy grounds.
"Why does it have to be you again...", he moaned as he positioned himself correctly again.
"No matter where I go, I just keep on running into other Pokémon. You haven't been sent by them, have you?"
Just what had the Bug type done wrong? There had to be some mistake he had made. Otherwise there was no explanation for why these terrible things kept happening to him and only him when all he wanted was to be left alone for once. But no, there just had to be someone else showing up, dragging him along onto the next needlessly dangerous and completely pointless journey.
Why?

PostSubject: Re: Never Trust A Mime   Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:23 am

Sova was relieved to be in the company of a familiar face, but he was quite confused. After a bit of an awkward pause, he spoke. "....Them? Who?" Before even giving the nincada a chance to answer, he sighed before speaking again. "Well, I can see you're in a bad mood...." He said as he began walking again, planning on just leaving the clearly frustrated nincada alone. He was a bit disappointed, but he didn't want to bother someone who didn't want to talk to him.

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Savato

PostSubject: Re: Never Trust A Mime   Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:24 am

If it was possible, the Nincada's face went even paler than it already was.
"Uh, nothing. Just forget I said anything. It's not important at all.", he stammered.
Not having had the time to collect his thoughts again thus far, it was just now that the Nincada noticed an unfamilar smell in the air. There had been another Pokémon here, that wasn't native to the area. Which species exactly it belonged to the Bug type wasn't able to tell anymore, but it most likely was sent to figure out where exactly Ned was hiding and now disappeared to report its findings to the clan. This location wasn't safe anymore. He had to leave. Quickly.
"Um...I think you and I have business to take care of in about the same direction so...why don't we travel together?"

PostSubject: Re: Never Trust A Mime   Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:50 am

Sova's ears perked up. Maybe he would have some company after all. "Oh, really? Sure!" He said with a smile. Perhaps the Nincada wouldn't help in the likely fights ahead, but at least now he had some company. And so he kept moving, making sure his companion was following. He'd forgotten about the Sliggoo stalker for a moment and looked around momentarily for it. No sign of it, so he decided to just move on for now, not wanting to scare Ned if telling him wasn't necessary.

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Savato

PostSubject: Re: Never Trust A Mime   Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:57 am

Now that was easier than expected. Why didn't the Eevee suspect him?
He had been strangely naive in the desert as well, just accepting his company without much questioning. But then again he had the mind to flee a needless battle. How could a Pokémon be this pragmatic and yet this idealistic at the same time?
"So where exactly are you headed towards?"
Might as well ask that question now before later finding out that they ventured headfirst into some kind of deathtrap. Hopefully it wasn't anything too insane. But knowing the world they were living in and the strange dislike that world seemed to harbor specifically towards him Ned wouldn't be surprised to encounter several Hydreigon for no good reason at all right now.
Murphy's Law was true. And Ned was the living proof of that.

PostSubject: Re: Never Trust A Mime   Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:03 am

Sova was a bit hesitant telling his companion why he was there and where he was going, trying to think of the best way to say it without making it sound too dangerous. "Well, I'm on a mission for the guild. It's my first outlaw mission!" He said joyously. For some reason, he was happy to have an outlaw mission instead of a boring rescue or search mission. "It's just a Mr Mime who cheats at gambling though. No big deal. But if you want, you're more than welcome to bail when I find him." Perhaps this would be a good time to mention the stalker too. "Oh, and if you spot a Sliggoo following us, don't worry. It's just been following me around, it hasn't attacked or anything."

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Savato

PostSubject: Re: Never Trust A Mime   Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:16 pm

An Outlaw Mission. And someone following them for no apparent reason. Great.
Could things become any more ominous? Where were the blood rain and the earthquakes?
With this many obvious other problems they couldn't be too far off.
At least it was a Psychic type and not one of those dreaded Fire types.
But still - what had made this young Pokémon think they would be strong enough to defeat an outlaw at this point in their carreer in the guild?
It pained him to even think of it, but the Eevee would be needing help. Most likely more than the Nincada would be able to give. But since they wouldn't be able to get another Pokémon to join their cause out of thin air they would have to make due with what they had. Just great.

PostSubject: Re: Never Trust A Mime   Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:02 pm

Sova seemed completely unworried about the whole situation. He was more interested in getting to know the Nincada he had now met twice a little better. "So, did you come here to see the lights? Or to run away from whoever "They" are? Or both?" He didn't care to know who the mysterious group mentioned by the Nincada were, not wanting to pry too much, but he at elast wanted to know why this Nincada was in such an odd environment.

Character Records

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Never Trust A Mime   

Back to top Go down

Never Trust A Mime
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next